Sports Interactive Community
mersk

Youth intake in FM20

Ajax does have a world class youth setup. But no, they do not produce a wonderkid every year. If you look at their outgoing transfers from the past six years, the only three players that have that potential are De Ligt, Kluivert and De Jong. The first two have yet to prove themselves at the highest level (and De Ligt is having his fair share of adapting at Juve), and Frenkie wasn't even produced by the Ajax academy. 

And for the record, if you already have a great team, any youth player rated 3-4 stars has the potential to be as good as  your current players. So I think you're very much exaggerating. :)

On 18/11/2019 at 16:16, metallimuse said:

You little ledge! I had not found that. I’d gone to staff responsibilities but it had always been on ‘general’ and I’d glossed over the contracts and advice sections next to it.

Thank you so much! :applause:

This is what community is all about <3 

6 hours ago, Bakiano said:

I woudn't rate 3.5 of PA a potential solid future players, and especially the fact that I am managing Ajax, who has amongst the best youth recruitment in Europe.

They have every year at least one WONDERKID who has at least 4.5 PA. 

And in my save, four yearly youth intake and I dont have one player who are in my first team or at least he has future.

This is the problem.

That wouldnt be a problem if I managed some average club in Lithuania.

I don't think you realise the star rating is relative to the club you're at. A 3.5 star prospect will be a good first team player for you. 

For some reason my under 18's manager is telling me about the Youth intake, rather than my HOYD. Anyone else having this problem? Does this mean he's basically doing the HOYD job?

3 hours ago, toon army 06 said:

For some reason my under 18's manager is telling me about the Youth intake, rather than my HOYD. Anyone else having this problem? Does this mean he's basically doing the HOYD job?

Staff-> Responsibilities-> Staff-> Advice and Reports->Provides youth development information (change it to your hoyd)