Sports Interactive Community

On 14/11/2019 at 20:56, SpS_Zen said:

So you can take a HOYD with very poor stats, as long as he has the personnality and the formation/coaching style you want. And you wont notice the difference with a 5 star rating HOYD outside the exceptions. Is there an exception, a freak player, once every 5years? 10years?

@Seb Wassell Is there a real difference in HOYD attributes? 

Edited by craiigman

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 09:37, Jimbokav1971 said:

• I have a HoYD at my club, but when I go to the Dev.Centre, the report is provided by the DoF rather than the HoYD. In the past we were able to delegate to individual staff members, but this appears to have vanished. If it hasn't vanished, would you mind pointing me in the right direction please. If it has vanished, can you confirm that this is working as intended and that feedback......... oh, maybe that's where it is actually. (Yes, I have checked and Responsibilities - Advice & Reports - Player Reports - Provides Youth Development Info is what needs to be changed. That still doesn't clarify who is responsible for bringing Youth Intake players into the club

Ok I looked over the weekend and I don't have a "advice and reports" section

2 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Ok I looked over the weekend and I don't have a "advice and reports" section

I will show you some pictures when I get home but depending on who you are managing you might not get a youth intake. Brentford for example. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I will show you some pictures when I get home but depending on who you are managing you might not get a youth intake. Brentford for example. 

Currently at Watford but I couldn't find this either when I was at Motherwell.

It came to light at Motherwell when I replaced my HOYD I noticed in Dev centre that my reports all seemed to be coming from my under 18's manager and then when I replaced him it reverted to the new HOYD.

It's been really frustrating me, I'm sure it must be something obvious I'm missing but I just don't see it.

Ok @metallimusehere we go. 

We are looking at the Staff menu down the left hand side 1st of all. 

61c253528bcacfab5840d9c284373e2a.png

From the Staff page you then click on Responsibilities at the top and then Staff on the drop-down menu. 

75902578b4c6e7c9d9c9507aa3a3a656.png

From the Staff - Responsibilities - Staff screen, you then click on "Advice and Reports" that I have highlighted below in red. 

6a56cd5ad3ac103f9a5efd079dc2a951.png

In the second section, "Player Reports" you will now see "Provides Youth Development Information" and you are able to select a number of different staff from the drop down menu, (highlighted below in red). 

e3bff64c98a16ae265b72102e96493a9.png

Whoever you select in this section, changed the person who provides you info on the following report. 

Click on Dev.Centre down near the bottom on the left hand side.  Now you can see Report By: (that I have highlighted below in red). This is the section that changes depending on who you set in the earlier section. I hope that makes it a little clearer and you can find your way around now. 

2efe5c72dd586835d424d4769ccf3a89.png

On 13/11/2019 at 15:34, Seb Wassell said:

We hear you. We should remove saving from the game. Got it.

:D

Ironman Mode!

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Ok @metallimusehere we go. 

We are looking at the Staff menu down the left hand side 1st of all. 

61c253528bcacfab5840d9c284373e2a.png

From the Staff page you then click on Responsibilities at the top and then Staff on the drop-down menu. 

75902578b4c6e7c9d9c9507aa3a3a656.png

From the Staff - Responsibilities - Staff screen, you then click on "Advice and Reports" that I have highlighted below in red. 

6a56cd5ad3ac103f9a5efd079dc2a951.png

In the second section, "Player Reports" you will now see "Provides Youth Development Information" and you are able to select a number of different staff from the drop down menu, (highlighted below in red). 

e3bff64c98a16ae265b72102e96493a9.png

Whoever you select in this section, changed the person who provides you info on the following report. 

Click on Dev.Centre down near the bottom on the left hand side.  Now you can see Report By: (that I have highlighted below in red). This is the section that changes depending on who you set in the earlier section. I hope that makes it a little clearer and you can find your way around now. 

2efe5c72dd586835d424d4769ccf3a89.png

You little ledge! I had not found that. I’d gone to staff responsibilities but it had always been on ‘general’ and I’d glossed over the contracts and advice sections next to it.

Thank you so much! :applause:

Hi Guys, this is slightly off topic but in FM19 I built my Everton team up to be great and was really invested in youth development. I had read somewhere that when requesting an affiliate club, if you selected the option that said something like "to allow us to recruit foreign youngsters" then you had a chance of getting regens from that country in your youth intake. I had about 8 affiliate clubs all from different countries and used only that option when requesting the affiliate in the first place, however over 11 or 12 seasons I got exclusively English regens. So @Seb Wassell I was just wondering if you could confirm this for me at all?

If I request an affiliate club and I tell the board I want the affiliate club to "allow us to recruit foreign youngsters", should this increase my chances of getting regens from that country? I just found it strange that over 11-12 seasons on FM19 I never once got a player that wasn't English. Getting players in my youth intake from other countries offers some variety, as from memory regens from different countries come sort of hard-coded with different "styles", eg a Brazilian regen more likely to have higher flair than a Scottish regen.... :)

Edited by timbo1983

3 hours ago, timbo1983 said:

Hi Guys, this is slightly off topic but in FM19 I built my Everton team up to be great and was really invested in youth development. I had read somewhere that when requesting an affiliate club, if you selected the option that said something like "to allow us to recruit foreign youngsters" then you had a chance of getting regens from that country in your youth intake. I had about 8 affiliate clubs all from different countries and used only that option when requesting the affiliate in the first place, however over 11 or 12 seasons I got exclusively English regens. So @Seb Wassell I was just wondering if you could confirm this for me at all?

If I request an affiliate club and I tell the board I want the affiliate club to "allow us to recruit foreign youngsters", should this increase my chances of getting regens from that country? I just found it strange that over 11-12 seasons on FM19 I never once got a player that wasn't English. Getting players in my youth intake from other countries offers some variety, as from memory regens from different countries come sort of hard-coded with different "styles", eg a Brazilian regen more likely to have higher flair than a Scottish regen.... :)

It will increase the chance of getting a youngster in your youth batch that started his career at your affiliate club, yes.

Just a question as this has been a topic with a lot of knowledge so far. Youth players use the regular training facilities and the youth facilities are (among other factors) responsible for the quality of your intake. What do your youth coaches  impact? Do they train the younger players and so also have an impact on how well your U18 progress?

17 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Just a question as this has been a topic with a lot of knowledge so far. Youth players use the regular training facilities and the youth facilities are (among other factors) responsible for the quality of your intake. What do your youth coaches  impact? Do they train the younger players and so also have an impact on how well your U18 progress?

From what I know, your club's junior coaching impacts the CA rating (current ability) of the youth players when they come in on youth intake day. The better junior coaching the higher CA they are likely to have from the start.
Youth facilities impacts the PA ratings (potential ability) more, so you are more likely to get players with better potential. Training facilities have an impact on the rate of player development and this is where the quality of your coaches also has an impact.

Youth coaches (u19 coaches) train the u18 players and their rate of development is impacted depending on the quality of training they can provide. You can check these in the coaching assignments for the u19 team on the training screen.

Edit: there is a diference between junior coaching level and your youth coaches (u19). 2 separate things in the game.

Edited by Dorin

3 hours ago, Dorin said:

From what I know, your club's junior coaching impacts the CA rating (current ability) of the youth players when they come in on youth intake day. The better junior coaching the higher CA they are likely to have from the start.
Youth facilities impacts the PA ratings (potential ability) more, so you are more likely to get players with better potential. Training facilities have an impact on the rate of player development and this is where the quality of your coaches also has an impact.

This is incorrect. From earlier in this thread: 

21 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Youth Coaches coach the U18 team or equivalent.

On 22/11/2019 at 06:25, timbo1983 said:

On 22/11/2019 at 10:26, KlaaZ said:

It will increase the chance of getting a youngster in your youth batch that started his career at your affiliate club, yes.

As @KlaaZ says, having an affiliate with this type of link gives you a chance of having a newgen from there come through :thup:

4 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

As @KlaaZ says, having an affiliate with this type of link gives you a chance of having a newgen from there come through :thup:

Thanks for the reply @Seb Wassell. Much appreciated

Hi All, same topic but a different question, just completed my first season, and in the off-season two clubs came in and just offered contracts to my two best youth prospects from my intake and they were gone for a small compensation fee! I don't recall this happening in previous versions? Do I now have to offer the best prospects professional contracts straight away to keep them away from other clubs?

36 minutes ago, timbo1983 said:

Hi All, same topic but a different question, just completed my first season, and in the off-season two clubs came in and just offered contracts to my two best youth prospects from my intake and they were gone for a small compensation fee! I don't recall this happening in previous versions? Do I now have to offer the best prospects professional contracts straight away to keep them away from other clubs?

Get your best prospects committed to your club asap.  Poaching was always possible but it's been enhanced for FM20.

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

Get your best prospects committed to your club asap.  Poaching was always possible but it's been enhanced for FM20.

Pretty realistic tbf.

I don't even know why lower tier clubs bother with youth academies anymore, they cost millions to maintain yet any decent prospect can get poached for nominal fees. City were able to pick up Sancho from Watford for £60k.  

My advice would be to invest in first team training facilities to focus developing the 18 yos the Premier League clubs release for free.

Edited by dannyfc

The poaching thing is pretty cool. Unluckily for me I had a 5 star prospect poached by Man City when I was in charge of Southampton but at least it adds a bit of variety.

Also yeah sign your best prospects to professional contracts straight away.

I always offer professional contact to my youth. 

In FM20 other team can bypass It (before contract will start) o no?

Could be challanging if yes. 

14 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

I always offer professional contact to my youth. 

In FM20 other team can bypass It (before contract will start) o no?

Could be challanging if yes. 

No, once they accepted the professional deal, it can't be bypassed. 

9 hours ago, herne79 said:

Thanks for the reply @herne79. That article refers specifically to players getting poached before the youth intake, but based on the comments that came after my post it looks like any club can come and poach your best prospects during the next window if you don't sign them to professional contracts. Definitely something I wish I knew beforehand as it is a little frustrating to get two players over 3 stars PA, only to have them poached by other clubs in the off-season. In one case a prospect was poached by City, I offered a contract once I got the news item but he understandably chose City > Everton. The second case was even more frustrating as the kid signed for Sheffield United! As it was the last day of the window I got the news item they had offered him a contract, and the news item he had signed for them both at once so didn't even have a chance to try and keep him. Ah well, lesson learnt. Will sign up any promising youngsters immediately after youth intake going forward.

11 hours ago, timbo1983 said:

Thanks for the reply @herne79. That article refers specifically to players getting poached before the youth intake, but based on the comments that came after my post it looks like any club can come and poach your best prospects during the next window if you don't sign them to professional contracts. Definitely something I wish I knew beforehand as it is a little frustrating to get two players over 3 stars PA, only to have them poached by other clubs in the off-season. In one case a prospect was poached by City, I offered a contract once I got the news item but he understandably chose City > Everton. The second case was even more frustrating as the kid signed for Sheffield United! As it was the last day of the window I got the news item they had offered him a contract, and the news item he had signed for them both at once so didn't even have a chance to try and keep him. Ah well, lesson learnt. Will sign up any promising youngsters immediately after youth intake going forward.

As in reality, players that graduate from your youth setup into the U18s (or equivalent) are signed on a Youth Contract. This means that, with a small amount of compensation, they are free to be signed by any other club. It is prudent to get your better prospects signed up to a professional contract as soon as possible. This works both ways of course, you can also take advantage of the AI not recognising a player's potential and failing to offer him a professional deal.

10 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

As in reality, players that graduate from your youth setup into the U18s (or equivalent) are signed on a Youth Contract. This means that, with a small amount of compensation, they are free to be signed by any other club. It is prudent to get your better prospects signed up to a professional contract as soon as possible. This works both ways of course, you can also take advantage of the AI not recognising a player's potential and failing to offer him a professional deal.

Cheers @Seb Wassell. Will make sure I do that with my next intake!

Hi,

I just finished 10 seasons at Jupiler Pro League (Belgium), but something that was always very realistic in the former editions was that a lot of Belgian regens have a with Congolese or Moroccan descent, like the national team, now i only have max 5 Belgians with Congolese descent while in the former editions every Belgian club had some. Could this be changed at anyway?

18 hours ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

Hi,

I just finished 10 seasons at Jupiler Pro League (Belgium), but something that was always very realistic in the former editions was that a lot of Belgian regens have a with Congolese or Moroccan descent, like the national team, now i only have max 5 Belgians with Congolese descent while in the former editions every Belgian club had some. Could this be changed at anyway?

There is a bug. More info here:

I'm curious about the wording in the preview, for instance, how does a "top prospect" match up to a player who has the potential "to go far"? Anyone done any experiments on this? Since the preview seems to be the most important factor to the level of the intake, it would be nice to know what to look for.

Edit: Apparently the text is tied to the positions, never gotten anything other than a top MC, fine striker or DM who "could go far".

Edited by rjinswand