Jump to content

Teams you will never manage and why


Recommended Posts

On 09/11/2019 at 22:50, ceefax the cat said:

Dirty moneybags teams that are helping to kill football - City, PSG, Chelsea

Clubs with loads of Nazi fans - I'll pick Roma over Lazio, Chievo over Hellas Verona

Clubs with dull or cumbersome names and colours, unless there's something else about them. UFK-58 or whatever with a generic blue and white kit, no thanks. Aldershot no, Yeovil yes.

Clubs who are expected to have immediate success

...and Sunderland
 

Sankt Pauli is the team for you!

I'll manage anyone really..

Edited by BadAss88
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BadAss88 said:

Sankt Pauli is the team for you!

I'll manage anyone really..

Yes I know! Yet somehow I never end up there. Usually start careers in some obscure backwater and try to job-hop my way to eventually landing at Newcastle or at least someone big. Might try to stop off there along the way next time

Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually tend to avoid really big clubs and rich clubs. OSG, Monaco, Man City, Chelsea. I once managed Man City, they offered me a contract. But it was no fun managing them. Usually I take smaller clubs but still near the top like  bayer 04 Leverkusen, Liverpool FC, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Halofon said:

I usually tend to avoid really big clubs and rich clubs. OSG, Monaco, Man City, Chelsea. I once managed Man City, they offered me a contract. But it was no fun managing them. Usually I take smaller clubs but still near the top like  bayer 04 Leverkusen, Liverpool FC, etc.

Lol, smaller clubs, then name probably the best club of the moment who happened to win the CL last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

Lol, smaller clubs, then name probably the best club of the moment who happened to win the CL last season.

LOL indeed.  I have no idea in which planet Liverpool would be considered a smaller club!

Yes, I know until these last couple of seasons they've been poor compared to the team which dominated the 19780's and 1980's, but in my lifetime at least Liverpool have never been in the "smaller club" category.  We're talking a team who hasn't finished outside of the top half of England's top division since 1962 for heaven's sake.  Literally, their worst finish in that time is 8th.

Edited by kevhamster
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a Spurs fan. I also have a soft spot for Newcastle, for family reasons, and Sheffield Wednesday, as I've lived in Sheffield for a long time now. So my three least favourite teams in England are Arsenal, Sunderland and Sheffield United. All of them play in red and white... so I won't manage any team that has red as their main colour, and I'll never sign a player that has previously been on Arsenal's books. 

Now that I've typed that out it does seem a little silly... them's the rules though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sgw said:

I'm a Spurs fan. I also have a soft spot for Newcastle, for family reasons, and Sheffield Wednesday, as I've lived in Sheffield for a long time now. So my three least favourite teams in England are Arsenal, Sunderland and Sheffield United. All of them play in red and white... so I won't manage any team that has red as their main colour, and I'll never sign a player that has previously been on Arsenal's books. 

Now that I've typed that out it does seem a little silly... them's the rules though!

Dirty colour red

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 09:50, pearcey_90 said:

Man Utd, mostly because I've grown up seeing them dominate so I'd rather not dominate with them :D 

Every other club open too if it's an open career save.

Steve bruces tummy dominates your DP 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Portsmouth because Southampton fan.

Liverpool and Man Utd because I don't particularly like them as clubs, but especially because of all the glory hunter fans around for those two, most of whom are complete plonkers. 

Chelsea and Man City because of money, though actually in current state I think Chelsea would be quite interesting. 

WBA, Stoke, Burnley, all for playing horrible boring football for long periods of my footballing memory. 

As someone else mentioned all the clubs with dodgy nazi linked or racist fans. 

Bayern, Real Sociedad and PSV/Feyenoord because they are rivals of my other teams to support Dortmund, Bilbao and Ajax. 

And generally most clubs that play in blue, that will put me off managing a club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Sunderland as I'm a Geordie

Boro because I'm a Geordie

Villa because I hate Villa

Leeds because I live in York

 

Do not want to burst your balloon. But Mackems are not Geordies!! Thus: when referring to the people, as opposed to the dialect, dictionary definitions of a Geordie typically refer to a native or inhabitant of Newcastle upon Tyne, England, or its environs, an area that encompasses Blyth, Ashington, North Tyneside, Newcastle, South Tyneside and Gateshead.

 

Mackems = Sunderland

Smoggies = Boro

 

However, like Dagenham Dave who is Scottish, and should no better, your both welcome to join me in supporting Newcastle!!!

;)

Edited by Kazza
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kazza said:

Do not want to burst your balloon. But Mackems are not Geordies!! Thus: when referring to the people, as opposed to the dialect, dictionary definitions of a Geordie typically refer to a native or inhabitant of Newcastle upon Tyne, England, or its environs, an area that encompasses Blyth, Ashington, North Tyneside, Newcastle, South Tyneside and Gateshead.

 

Mackems = Sunderland

Smoggies = Boro

 

However, like Dagenham Dave who is Scottish, and should no better, your both welcome to join me in supporting Newcastle!!!

;)

I know. I never said Mackems were Geordies. I said I won't manage Sunderland or Boro because I'M A GEORDIE, not them. I do know these things, seeing as how I'm from the area:eek:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

I know. I never said Mackems were Geordies. I said I won't manage Sunderland or Boro because I'M A GEORDIE, not them. I do know these things, seeing as how I'm from the area:eek:

Opps a 1000 apologies : must learn to read properly.

 

Sorry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...