Sports Interactive Community
Dagenham_Dave

Teams you will never manage and why

On 09/11/2019 at 22:50, ceefax the cat said:

Dirty moneybags teams that are helping to kill football - City, PSG, Chelsea

Clubs with loads of Nazi fans - I'll pick Roma over Lazio, Chievo over Hellas Verona

Clubs with dull or cumbersome names and colours, unless there's something else about them. UFK-58 or whatever with a generic blue and white kit, no thanks. Aldershot no, Yeovil yes.

Clubs who are expected to have immediate success

...and Sunderland

Sankt Pauli is the team for you!

I'll manage anyone really..

Edited by BadAss88

1 hour ago, BadAss88 said:

Sankt Pauli is the team for you!

I'll manage anyone really..

Yes I know! Yet somehow I never end up there. Usually start careers in some obscure backwater and try to job-hop my way to eventually landing at Newcastle or at least someone big. Might try to stop off there along the way next time

I really dont think that there will be many users who will manage the team that they follow's greatest rival

I usually tend to avoid really big clubs and rich clubs. OSG, Monaco, Man City, Chelsea. I once managed Man City, they offered me a contract. But it was no fun managing them. Usually I take smaller clubs but still near the top like  bayer 04 Leverkusen, Liverpool FC, etc.

3 hours ago, Halofon said:

I usually tend to avoid really big clubs and rich clubs. OSG, Monaco, Man City, Chelsea. I once managed Man City, they offered me a contract. But it was no fun managing them. Usually I take smaller clubs but still near the top like  bayer 04 Leverkusen, Liverpool FC, etc.

Lol, smaller clubs, then name probably the best club of the moment who happened to win the CL last season.

24 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

Lol, smaller clubs, then name probably the best club of the moment who happened to win the CL last season.

LOL indeed.  I have no idea in which planet Liverpool would be considered a smaller club!

Yes, I know until these last couple of seasons they've been poor compared to the team which dominated the 19780's and 1980's, but in my lifetime at least Liverpool have never been in the "smaller club" category.  We're talking a team who hasn't finished outside of the top half of England's top division since 1962 for heaven's sake.  Literally, their worst finish in that time is 8th.

Edited by kevhamster

I'm a Spurs fan. I also have a soft spot for Newcastle, for family reasons, and Sheffield Wednesday, as I've lived in Sheffield for a long time now. So my three least favourite teams in England are Arsenal, Sunderland and Sheffield United. All of them play in red and white... so I won't manage any team that has red as their main colour, and I'll never sign a player that has previously been on Arsenal's books. 

Now that I've typed that out it does seem a little silly... them's the rules though!

8 minutes ago, CoxieFM20 said:

Why not :cool:

For the same reason you won't manage Shrewsbury, WBA or Birmingham. :)

15 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

For the same reason you won't manage Shrewsbury, WBA or Birmingham. :)

i was at St marys on saturday for the game against Everton. Poor Southampton was to tbh.

11 minutes ago, CoxieFM20 said:

i was at St marys on saturday for the game against Everton. Poor Southampton was to tbh.

I hope you didn't pay money for that!!

We're shockingly poor this season.  

Sunderland as I'm a Geordie

Boro because I'm a Geordie

Villa because I hate Villa

Leeds because I live in York

3 hours ago, sgw said:

I'm a Spurs fan. I also have a soft spot for Newcastle, for family reasons, and Sheffield Wednesday, as I've lived in Sheffield for a long time now. So my three least favourite teams in England are Arsenal, Sunderland and Sheffield United. All of them play in red and white... so I won't manage any team that has red as their main colour, and I'll never sign a player that has previously been on Arsenal's books. 

Now that I've typed that out it does seem a little silly... them's the rules though!

Dirty colour red

2 hours ago, kevhamster said:

I hope you didn't pay money for that!!

We're shockingly poor this season.  

For his silly question I hope he paid top dollar

Southampton because I Support Portsmouth
Leeds Utd, because I live in Leeds
Rangers because my dad supports Celtic
Man Utd becuase I like Liverpool

Most big teams, as many as have said, due to money, lack of a challenge and I just don’t find it interesting.

Luton, Cambridge, Oxford, non-league Woking.

My in-game character is enough of a mercenary to be available to manage anything. :D 

I've never considered managing Benfica or Sporting, though!

As a Liverpool Fan

Man U

Everton

Man City now..but i could be tempted if the transfer warchest is 3 figures

Deportivo - got fired 3 times in 3 diffrent saves..

Arsenal fan and my sons favorite team is Chelsea so I just cant bring myself to manage them or my best mates favorite team Liverpool. Just can't do it :-)

Go Gunners!!!!!

Trevor L.

On 11/11/2019 at 09:50, pearcey_90 said:

Man Utd, mostly because I've grown up seeing them dominate so I'd rather not dominate with them :D 

Every other club open too if it's an open career save.

Steve bruces tummy dominates your DP 

Portsmouth because Southampton fan.

Liverpool and Man Utd because I don't particularly like them as clubs, but especially because of all the glory hunter fans around for those two, most of whom are complete plonkers. 

Chelsea and Man City because of money, though actually in current state I think Chelsea would be quite interesting. 

WBA, Stoke, Burnley, all for playing horrible boring football for long periods of my footballing memory. 

As someone else mentioned all the clubs with dodgy nazi linked or racist fans. 

Bayern, Real Sociedad and PSV/Feyenoord because they are rivals of my other teams to support Dortmund, Bilbao and Ajax. 

And generally most clubs that play in blue, that will put me off managing a club. 

22 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Sunderland as I'm a Geordie

Boro because I'm a Geordie

Villa because I hate Villa

Leeds because I live in York

Do not want to burst your balloon. But Mackems are not Geordies!! Thus: when referring to the people, as opposed to the dialect, dictionary definitions of a Geordie typically refer to a native or inhabitant of Newcastle upon Tyne, England, or its environs, an area that encompasses Blyth, Ashington, North Tyneside, Newcastle, South Tyneside and Gateshead.

Mackems = Sunderland

Smoggies = Boro

However, like Dagenham Dave who is Scottish, and should no better, your both welcome to join me in supporting Newcastle!!!

;)

Edited by Kazza

5 minutes ago, Kazza said:

Do not want to burst your balloon. But Mackems are not Geordies!! Thus: when referring to the people, as opposed to the dialect, dictionary definitions of a Geordie typically refer to a native or inhabitant of Newcastle upon Tyne, England, or its environs, an area that encompasses Blyth, Ashington, North Tyneside, Newcastle, South Tyneside and Gateshead.

Mackems = Sunderland

Smoggies = Boro

However, like Dagenham Dave who is Scottish, and should no better, your both welcome to join me in supporting Newcastle!!!

;)

I know. I never said Mackems were Geordies. I said I won't manage Sunderland or Boro because I'M A GEORDIE, not them. I do know these things, seeing as how I'm from the area:eek:

11 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

I know. I never said Mackems were Geordies. I said I won't manage Sunderland or Boro because I'M A GEORDIE, not them. I do know these things, seeing as how I'm from the area:eek:

Opps a 1000 apologies : must learn to read properly.

Sorry.