Sports Interactive Community
Monkey2018

FM save compatible edition

Hello FM people , 

I play now a couple of years FM , starting a save ( always PSV Eindhoven ) and play it the whole year.
I would love it when i can keep the saves for multiple FM editions because now I need to start in 2019 again.
Is this something that is planned for in the feature, or am i the only one who love to see this ; ) ?

Edited by Monkey2018

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Monkey2018:

Hello FM people , 

I play now a couple of years FM , starting a save ( always PSV Eindhoven ) and play it the whole year.
I would love it when i can keep the saves for multiple FM editions because now I need to start in 2019 again.
Is this something that is planned for in the feature, or am i the only one who love to see this ; ) ?

That's not possible due to core changes to the game with every new release.

Just now, nie jem frytek said:

Never. How do you imagine licensing for such a thing? You can't even buy old FMs after a year. :rolleyes:

Which license do you need ? For example is was around 2040 in FM19 , you don't need the new players from this year. It would be awesome if they would make the game as a sort of "big update". So you install it and you play on your current save file with the new options like the development centre and the new match engine. 

1 saat önce, KUBI said:

That's not possible due to core changes to the game with every new release.

Why? 

Just imagine a new save which is starting in 2040 with a custom database and history.

Everything is new (ME, AI, UI and all dynamics) but only the database and starting year will be loaded from old save.

I think this could be possible.

Edited by srvngrc

As much as this get's routinely dismissed, I do think it should be a fundamental area for SI to invest in - the direction of the game itself is recognising long termism from the user . As above, surely just importing stat data and statistics wouldn't be that hard if the will was there

There are hard coded rules for some leagues, plus there are changes in the database which are connected with the ME and various parts of the game.

35 minutes ago, seagull84 said:

As much as this get's routinely dismissed, I do think it should be a fundamental area for SI to invest in

It would be nice, but it would cause so many problems that I cannot see how to overcome. The main one being using an older database with older competition rules. It is asking for crashes due to changes in unique ID, players being deleted, other changes to leagues and teams. Not to mention it would not work for any database with edits in it. Not to mention we have no idea how core game features like squad dynamics and the like are changed from game to game. It is not SI thumbing its nose by not doing this, it is just too difficult to do. 

Whilst not exactly what the op is looking for, you could labourisly change things in the editor to represent the teams in the league's from your save. You could also add any staff /managers / players and create their attributes to what they were in your old game. I know it's not exactly the same but you would be able to see remnants of your old game world in a shiny new updated FM. Alot of work though !

SI have repeatedly said that whilst they appreciate the reason for such a request, the work involved and the problems raised by using an older save in a new version would be enough to make the decision impractical.

Could there be an option to produce an update that puts the new match engine only into an existing version. 

13 hours ago, nala said:

Could there be an option to produce an update that puts the new match engine only into an existing version. 

The answer that I gave above is probably still relevant for this question.