abulezz

SEASON REVIEW 2019/2020

TEAM REVIEW

For this year’s save, I wanted to save some time and dive to the endgame (i.e – Premier League) as soon as I could, so instead of Creating-A-Club at the Vanarama level, I decided to do it at the League 2 level.  I replaced Carlisle, moved them to London, and replaced every player on the club.  I then created every player, settling on 18 players on a £2.5M total budget.  We obliterated the league thanks to some highly skilled strikers and….everything really.  We played Attacking football, and I allowed the team the have their creative license on the pitch, and while we hit a rough patch a couple of months before the end of the season, we were already so far ahead at that point that it did not matter. 

So without further ado, welcome to Kafra FC 2020 – off to a winning start with some talented young players, and ready to face some League 1 competition.

2PkGrr.jpg

6XIlD9.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

FORWARD - Michael Flynn (2019), 17 Years Old: 44 Apps, 25 Goals, 7 Assists, 6 PoMs, 7.49 AR…There wasn’t an award the young striker did not capture this year – League 2 Player of the Year, League 2 Top Goalscorer (25 Goals), and the Kafra FC Player of the Year…He also led the league with 7.49 AR to go with 7 Assists, 6 PoMs, and 52% Shot Target…He does not turn 17 until the end of June, and the main target of Kafra’s offseason will be to sign him to a long-term contract. Rating: 9/10

DEFENSE

GOALKEEPER - Aidan Connolly (2019), 17 Years Old: 44 Apps, 1.16 Con/90, 9 Clean Sheets, 7.03 AR…He had a good season, although he started faltering towards the end, though to be fair, most of the team did, as well…He played in 44 Games, registering 1.16 Con/90 and 7.03 AR along with 9 Clean Sheets…His development showed slight improvement in his Goalkeeping and Physical abilities, but nothing really significant…Named in the League 2 Team of the Year as the top GK. Rating: 7.5/10

LEFT DEFENDER - Tim Tuson-Firth (2019), 18 Years Old: 44 Apps, 4 Assists, 17 Chances Created, 101 Key Passes (1st in League), 94 Interceptions, 1.20 TpG, 7.06 AR…The statistics speak for themselves, and Tuson-Firth was a very influential going forward and in the attacking third…His 101 Key Passes led the league, and he registered 77% Pass Ratio alongside it…What he is lacking in technical ability he makes up for with his effort and speed…His versatility is also an added plus, as he can play anywhere across the back-line. Rating: 7/10

RIGHT DEFENDER - Daryl McNeil (2019), 18 Years Old: 44 Apps, 3 Goals, 7 Assists, 29 Chances Created (2nd in League), 92 Key Passes (2nd), Interceptions (9th), 1.63 TpG, 7.19 AR…McNeil was just as efficient going forward as his counterpart Tuson-Firth, but was more involved defensively…Easily the best right-back in the League 2 this season, and was named in the League 2 Team of the Year…Was probably the club’s best defender overall this season, as his 7.19 AR was the highest out of all the defenders.  Rating: 7.5/10

CENTRAL DEFENDER - Bob McLaren (2019), 18 Years Old: 41 Apps, 4 Goals, 73 Interceptions, 33 Shots Blocked (1st in League), 0.59 TpG, 7.00 AR…The club’s first captain, the CD was in good form this season and actually led the league in Shots Blocked…His other defensive numbers were as strong, but he was consistent…Named in the League 2 Team of the Year. Rating: 7/10

CENTRAL DEFENDER - John McPake (2019), 17 Years Old: 39 Apps, 3 Assists, 120 Interceptions (10th in League), 26 Shots Blocked (3rd), 0.84 TpG, 7.03 AR…The youngest member of the club’s starting back-line, he is also potentially the most talented…He has the highest rated defensive abilities on the squad, and his speed makes up for his lack of aerial ability…Has been capped at the U19 level for Scotland…was named in the League 2 Team of the Year. Rating: 7/10

MIDFIELD

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER - Neil Furlong (2019), 17 Years Old: 38 Apps, 3 Goals, 10 Assists (10th in League), 3 PoMs, 20 Chances Created (4th), 83% Pass Ratio, 92 Key Passes (2nd), 1.26 DpG, 7.29 AR (5th)…The obvious first observation is that Furlong belongs on the wing as opposed to the center of the pitch…He still played great for us, and while he was a real contributor defensively, he did a great job going forward…He led the team with his 84% Pass Ratio and had the 3rd highest AR on the team…Named in the League 2 Team of the Year. Rating: 8/10

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER - Scott Pugh-Grice (2019), 18 Years Old: 42 Apps, 3 Goals, 4 Assists, 1.37 TpG, 80% Pass Ratio, 16 Chances Created, 7.03 AR…The preferred choice in the rotation alongside side Furlong…More defensive-minded than Furlong, which made them a good combination…Will likely lose his starting spot to Intake youngster Alexis Milton next season, though. Rating: 7/10

LEFT WINGER - Martin Breen (2019), 17 Years Old: 43 Apps, 13 Goals, 11 Assists (5th in League), 5 PoMs, 76% Pass Ratio, 74 Key Passes (7th), 22 Chances Created (3rd), 2.80 DpG (10th), 7.28 AR (7th)…In a team full of talented youngsters, Breen joins Flynn in being in the top tier…Despite his great stats, I felt he actually could’ve played better this year…He still ranked as one of the top performers in the league…His strength is his pace, but his Technical abilities are also impressive for this level and for his position…Named in the League 2 Team of the Year. Rating: 8/10

RIGHT WINGER - Ashley Turner (2019), 18 Years Old: 44 Apps, 15 Goals (9th in League), 13 Assists (2nd), 5 PoMs, 84 Key Passes (4th), 30 Chances Created (1st), 81% Pass Ratio, 1.38 DpG, 7.37 AR (4th)…Possibly the second best player in the entire league after his teammate Flynn…He led the league in Chances Created, and his Assists numbers were also very impressive…Was the most dangerous winger in the League 2, able to convert attacks into goals with ease…Named in the League 2 Team of the Year. Rating: 8.5/10

ATTACK

FORWARD - Aaron Dennis (2019), 18 Years Old: 45 Apps, 21 Goals (3rd in League), 10 Assists (10th), 4 PoMs, 83% Pass Completed, 68% Shot Target (1st), 36% Cross Completion (6th), 7.28 AR (6th)…Dennis was 2nd on the team in Goals to Flynn, but he may have been the more complete player this season…His ridiculous 68% Shot Target Ratio is the stuff made of dreams, but he also had high pass ratings and was a dangerous crosser of the ball…Overall, he was definitely 1B to Flynn’s 1A, as opposed to being a second option…He was named in the League 2 Team of the Year. Rating: 8.5/10

HOT PROSPECTS

N/A

IMPORTANT PLAYERS LEAVING/RETIRING

None.

YOUTH INTAKE

117xd4.jpg

KX0rJN.jpg

A good intake considering we have one player that will immediately step into the starting eleven.  Our second CM position might be our weakest link, so we get to address it immediately.  Fogg will add more depth to a strong CD position, but I am not complaining. 

A8CONZ.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Maw74 said:

Oh yes a new Kafra FC update :):lock:

Yea :) I started out in the League 2 - the past few years I've gotten my hands dirty in the lower leagues but never really got to enjoy the Premier League/Champions League experience fully, so hopefully I'll get some of that this year.

1 hour ago, Sysiphus said:

Following - good luck! Hopefully you'll get another Marques.

What a legend! Thanks for reading last year, and I hope you like this year's version. 

PRE-SEASON 2020/2021

European Championship 2020: A tournament that felt like it was set up for France from the beginning, the reigning World Cup champions did not disappoint – they defeated Germany 2-1 in the Finals at Wembley to lift their 3rd European Championship title, tying both Spain and the Germans.  Led by Player of the Tournament Kylian Mbappe and Paul Pogba (who was sold to PSG by Man United for £96M), they conceded only two goals the entire tournament, which ended with Antoine Griezmann scoring a brace in the Finals.

Champions League: It was Liverpool who lifted the title for the 2nd straight year, defeating Man City in an all-English affair in Istanbul.  Led by Lautaro Martinez and his 10 Goals and some fantastic defensive play, Liverpool lifted the title for the 7th time, tied with AC Milan for the second most behind Real Madrid. 

Premier League: Not only did Liverpool defeat Man City in the CL Finals, but they also took away the Premier League title from them, winning their first title in 30 years.  Mohammed Salah (32 Apps, 8 Goals, 18 Assists, 7.84 AR) was named Footballer of the Year as Liverpool finished ahead of their rivals Man United (2nd), with Chelsea (3rd) and Arsenal (4th) beating Man City for the last two Champions League spots.

Kafra FC: We had a perfect pre-season – no major injuries and we won every friendly we played.  The team looks good, and I am optimistic we can challenge for a Play-Off spot, at least.  We managed to sign a bunch of our most important players - Like Michael Flynn and Martin Breen – to new contracts.  Aidan Connolly played with England in the U19 European Championship, and a few our Scottish players also featured in their respective U21 and U19 national teams over the summer. 

Seems like half of the board is doing the same career we all do every year. :D You with Kafra, ManUtd1 with the Nearly Men, Deisler with RKC, me with the standard journeyman, etc.

No problems whatsoever so far for big old Kafra, eh.

4 hours ago, noikeee said:

Seems like half of the board is doing the same career we all do every year. :D You with Kafra, ManUtd1 with the Nearly Men, Deisler with RKC, me with the standard journeyman, etc.

No problems whatsoever so far for big old Kafra, eh.

Hey! Happy to see you here!

Its really the only way I play - I love the youth development aspect of FM so that is what I focus on.  

SEASON REVIEW 2020/2021

TEAM REVIEW

It was a battle, but we managed to get a second straight automatic promotion – bring on the Championship! In typical Kafra fashion, we had a great offense and a bad defense, although we do have some talent in the back so I was surprised at how bad we did defensively.  We weren’t the WORST team in the League 1, but we were amongst them.  Nottingham Forest had this thing wrapped up with a couple of months to spare, but I have to hand it to my team – they buckled down and put together a great run of form at the end of the season to seal 2nd Place behind Forest.  We also did our first sale, letting go of CD Harry Love for a fee that could reach £1.4M selling him to Burnley.  Martin Breen was crowned the League 1 Best Player, and I was named the Manager of the Year. 

8cQ9mf.jpg

hHm12l.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

FORWARD - Michael Flynn (2019), 17 Years Old: 42 Apps, 22 Goals (3rd in League), 8 Assists, 6 PoMs, 7.40 AR (2nd)…He won his 2nd Kafra Player of the Year award, although he probably was not the best player on the team this season.  Still, Flynn is our talisman and undoubtedly our most influential player, and he was only second to teammate Breen in terms of form this season in the League 1.  His 19 Chances Created were 3rd best in the League, and he has now scored 47 Goals in 83 Appearances over the course of the last two seasons. He will only turn 18 during the summer, so I am looking forward to further improvement from the young striker. Rating: 8.5/10

DEFENSE

GOALKEEPER - Aidan Connolly (2019), 18 Years Old: 43 Apps, 1.53 Con/90, 7 Clean Sheets, 7.02 AR…Connolly is not only one of our most talented players, but his attribute improvement has also been the amongst the best on the team over the last two seasons.  Defensively, the team had a bit of a rough time in the League 1, but Connolly was arguably the best GK in the league, and as such was named in the League 1 Team of the Year. Rating: 7/10

LEFT DEFENDER - Tim Tuson-Firth (2019), 19 Years Old: 44 Apps, 5 Assists, 120 Interceptions, 22 Key Tackles (4th in League), 24 Shots Blocked (4th), 3.79 TpG, 6.83 AR…One of the oldest players on the squad, he found the League 1 more challenging than the League 2, as witnessed by his drop in AR.  Still, he did a decent job overall, and his 3.79 TpG led the team.  He has not shown much improvement in regards to his attributes, and I don’t think he is a top-level Championship full-back, but I do believe he will get the job done for us in the short term. Rating: 6.5/10

RIGHT DEFENDER - Daryl McNeil (2019), 19 Years Old: 38 Apps, 6 Assists, 122 Interceptions, 16 Key Tackles, 25 Shots Blocked (5th), 2.85 TpG, 6.84 AR…Like the rest of the defensive line, McNeil took a step back this year in terms of form but still delivered a decent season.  The Scottish full-back did pick a calf injury that ruled him out for the last stretch of the season, but overall he was still a core member of the starting eleven. Rating: 6.5/10

CENTRAL DEFENDER - John McPake (2019), 18 Years Old: 39 Apps, 131 Interceptions, 10 Key Tackles, 28 Shots Blocked (2nd in League), 1.61 TpG, 6.85 AR…He led the team in Interceptions, and was a focal part of our backline.  He might be our most talented defender overall, and he was (albeit just slightly) the most in-form member of the back four this season.  While he isn’t strong in the air, he does have good pace, which has allowed me to be able to put him on man-marking ability with relative success. Rating: 7/10

MIDFIELD

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER - Gary Baldwin (2019), 18 Years Old: 46 Apps, 2 Goals, 6 Assists, 31 Chances Created (Best in League), 78% Pass Ratio, 91 Key Passes (2nd ), 2.97 TpG, 0.94 DpG, 7.08 AR…I took the decision last summer to replace Furlong with Baldwin in the starting lineup, and it seemed to have worked out well.  Baldwin had higher potential than Furlong, and I did not want to impede his development – he ended up being one of the most influential midfielders in the League 1, leading it in Chances Created and ranking 2nd in Key Passes.  He was named in the League 1 Team of the Year. Rating: 7.5/10

LEFT WINGER - Martin Breen (2019), 18 Years Old: 45 Apps, 24 Goals (2nd in League), 13 Assists (3rd), 7 PoMs (3rd), 72% Pass Ratio, 41 Key Passes, 19 Chances Created (3rd), 3.38 DpG (10th), 7.44 AR (Best in League)…The League 1 Player of the Year was undoubtedly the finest player in the league this season, and without him, I highly doubt we would’ve gotten an automatic promotion.  He is, in my opinion, our most talented player, and I believe he will be crucial for us next season in the Championship.  He has not signed his new contract yet as his demands have been out of budget, but hopefully we’ll be able to ink him before the season is done.  He was one of four Kafra players named in the League 1 Team of the Year. Rating: 9/10

RIGHT WINGER - Ashley Turner (2019), 19 Years Old: 32 Apps, 5 Goals, 13 Assists (3rd in League), 3 PoMs, 28 Chances Created (2nd), 1.19 TpG, 1.26 DpG, 7.24 AR…In early February, Turner injured his cruciate ligaments in a game against Grimsby, ruling him out until the end of 2021 at the earliest…It was a huge blow for the team, as Turner was leading the league in Assists and Chances Created at the time of his injury…The overachiever has become one of the indispensable players on the team, and despite his major injury, it is hard to see how he does not automatically get his position back upon his return as he has been one of our best players over the course of the last two years. 

ATTACK

FORWARD - Aaron Dennis (2019), 19 Years Old: 44 Apps, 29 Goals (Best in League), 12 Assists (5th), 4 PoMs, 81% Pass Completed, 29 Key Passes, 61% Shot Target (2nd), 1.94 DpG, 7.34 AR (3rd)…The League 1 Top Goalscorer was, along with teammates Breen and Flynn, one of the best players in the League 1 this season, and he was definitely the most dangerous player in the league up front.  His Finishing ability has been his greatest strength, as witnessed by his Shot Target ratio and the number of goals he has scored over the past two seasons.  He was named in the League 1 Team of the Year. Rating: 8.5/10

HOT PROSPECTS

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER - Alexis Milton (2020), 18 Years Old: 46 Apps, 2 Goals, 8 Assists, 14 Chances Created, 75% Pass Ratio, 73 Key Passes, 1.51 TpG, 1.30 DpG, 6.92 AR….Our most sought-after player, Milton had a pretty decent rookie year that was highlighted by his encouraging improvements in his attributes.  He played alongside Baldwin as our starter in the center of the pitch, and although he made a lot of noise about wanting to move due to the interest in him, he ended up signing a new contract at the end of the season.  Overall, I am happy with what he gave us and I am looking forward to improvement in form next season.  My staff think he could potentially be of Premier League quality in a few years.

None.

YOUTH INTAKE

q8lbCL.jpg

This was a weak Intake – we have only one player worth noting in Paul Davison, and he joins a relatively deep position at CD so he won’t have immediate playing time.  He looks like he has the potential to develop into a good player, but we probably won’t see that for a few years.  Overall, not the Intake I wanted or needed so early in my save.

HHvcIV.jpg

5 hours ago, Mr Highbury said:

Glad to see you back again this year. Good Luck, and let's hope for domestic and European glory this time around!

Thanks! I really hope so - I started in the League 2 so I can get to the Premier League quicker and enjoy the top echelon of the game, something I haven't really done much of the past few saves. 

Two years, two straight promotions, we're already in the Championship, so that is good news. 

• 2 weeks later...

SEASON REVIEW 2021/2022

TEAM REVIEW

4mR3qo.jpg

2k5fMI.jpg

This was a tough year, although I am happy we survived our first season in the Championship.  There was a huge difference in levels between the Championship and League 1, and our defense was overwhelmed almost ever game (we were the worst defense in the league.) Offensively, as always is the case with my teams, we did fine (9th in the Championship), and Aaron Dennis led the league with 23 Goals.  He was the only player to score over 20 Goals, however, and we didn’t have much of a consistent scoring threat outside of him.  I can’t complain – we did OK and although we had a few relegation scares in the middle of the season, we pulled it together and managed to keep ourselves up.  The board have invested in both our youth and training facilities, and our finances are strong.

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

FORWARD - Aaron Dennis (2019), 20 Years Old: 46 Apps, 23 Goals (1st in League), 6 Assists, 6 PoMs, 83% Pass Ratio, 1.91 DpG, 60% Shot Target (1st), 7.23 AR…Despite what was obviously a difficult year for us, Dennis was our shining light, leading the Championship with 23 Goals.  He was without a doubt our best player this season, at times seemingly carrying our offense through one of its many bad spells.  He was rewarded with being named the Championship Young Player of the Year.  And so, he wins his first ever Kafra Player of the Year award.  Rating: 8/10

DEFENSE

GOALKEEPER - Aidan Connolly (2019), 19 Years Old: 46 Apps, 2.04 Con/90, 8 Clean Sheets, 7.01 AR…The best player in an otherwise highly disappointing backline, Connolly was actually named one of the best GKs in the Championship this year.  After our two starting strikers, Connolly’s 7.01 AR was the highest on the team, and along with Alexis Milton, he is considered to be the most talented player on the squad by my staff. Rating: 7/10

LEFT DEFENDER - Tim Tuson-Firth (2019), 19 Years Old: 42 Apps, 2 Assists, 7.23 TpG (5th in League), 49 Key Tackles (1st), 155 Interceptions (2nd), 37 Shots Blocked (3rd), 6.72 AR…Our starting left-back is probably playing at one level too high for his talent, but that despite his relatively high inconsistency in form, he still managed to rank amongst the top of the league in several defensive categories.  His 6.72 AR is an anomaly considering his strong defensive stats, but it is also a reflection of just how bad he was in several games this season.  With more consistency and less awful appearances, that number should go up rather quickly.  Rating: 6/10

RIGHT DEFENDER - Daryl McNeil (2019), 20 Years Old: 38 Apps, 2 Assists, 5.42 TpG, 1.17 DpG, 140 Interceptions, 35 Key Tackles, 6.63 AR…Rough season for our starting right-back, much like Tuson-Firth, our starting left-back.  Also similar to him is the fact that he is playing at a level that is probably a step too high for him.  McNeil struggled throughout the season and was usually underwhelming in every game he played.  He currently doesn’t have any real competition for his starting spot, but unless he shows some drastic improvement, I will be looking desperate for alternatives. Rating: 5.5/10

CENTRAL DEFENDER - John McPake (2019), 19 Years Old: 46 Apps, 2 Assists, 117 Interceptions, 42 Key Tackles (4th), 58 Shots Blocked (1nd in League), 2.98 TpG, 6.61 AR…I expected more from McPake, the player I consider the most talented in our back four.  Like the rest of the defensive line, however, he was underwhelming and failed to play up to standard.  The difference between McPake and the rest is that he has enough talent to belong in the Championship and perform well.   Rating: 5.5/10

MIDFIELD

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER - Gary Baldwin (2019), 19 Years Old: 40 Apps, 4 Goals, 7 Assists, 19 Chances Created (3rd in League), 72% Pass Ratio, 49 Key Passes, 3.35 TpG, 0.94 DpG, 6.90 AR…Baldwin gave us some solid football this season, forming a solid partnership with Milton in the center of the pitch.  He was efficient with the ball going forward, as his 19 Chances Created were 3rd in the league, although my staff don’t seem to think he is or has the potential to be a Championship level midfielder.  Still, I am a fan, and although he is not as technically proficient as I would like, he has become one of our most reliable players. Rating: 6.5/10

LEFT WINGER - Martin Breen (2019), 19 Years Old: 46 Apps, 7 Goals, 8 Assists, 2.12 TpG, 3.72 DpG, 15 Chances Created, 29 Key Passes, 6.88 AR…In terms of form, there was a big regression from the left winger this season, although the level of football was a lot higher, as well.  His speed will always remain his biggest strength, but he has continued to show some steady improvements in his technical abilities.  Last season he scored 24 Goals, so this was a big drop this year.  That being said, Breen is one of our finest players and he is going to play vital role for us going forward. Rating: 6.5/10

RIGHT WINGER - Ashley Turner (2019), 20 Years Old: 37 Apps, 5 Goals, 3 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.45 TpG, 2.17 DpG, 6.77 AR…Bouncing back from such a major injury that ruled him out for almost 10 months was never going to be an easy task, and at times the effects of it definitely showed.  He was not the same player he was in previous years as he worked back into shape, and his consistency was inconsistent for lack of a better word.  He never was the most talented guy on the squad, and his talents are not up to Championship material, but he made up for it with his hard work and energetic play.  Let us see if some of that returns to his game next season. Rating: 6/10

ATTACK

FORWARD - Michael Flynn (2019), 19 Years Old: 43 Apps, 15 Goals, 2 Assists, 4 PoMs, 1.20 DpG, 45% Shot Target, 7.04 AR….The former two-time Kafra Player of the Year found the Championship a lot more challenging the Leagues 1 and 2, although he did not have a bad season by any means.  He did fail to eclipse 20 Goals for the first time in his career, although he remained our second leading scorer.  He is now a Scotland U21 international, and at £4.6M, he is also our highest valued player. Rating: 7/10

HOT PROSPECTS

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER - Alexis Milton (2020), 19 Years Old: 45 Apps, 4 Goals, 9 Assists, 16 Chances Created (7th in League), 51 Key Passes, 150 Interceptions (5th), 2.68 TpG, 1.49 DpG, 6.90 AR….Milton’s season was not without its struggles, but overall the CM has done very well for us.  Flynn might be our highest valued player, but Milton is our most sought after and is generally considered to be the one with the highest potential on the team.  He led Kafra in Key Passes and was 4th in AR – his strength is his motor, however, as he seemingly never gets tired and has a presence all over the center of the pitch.  As witnessed by his defensive stats, Milton does it for us on both sides of the pitch.  My coaching staff believe he has the potential to be a Premier League level midfielder, and thus far he has been our Youth Academy’s greatest product.

CENTRAL DEFENDER - Paul Davison (2021), 18 Years Old: 24 Apps, 3 Assists, 2.49 TpG, 69 Interceptions, 6.59 AR….Although he did start over half the season, this was not a good rookie season for the CD.  He has been identified as the player with the most potential from the ’21 Youth Class, and my coaching staff are extremely high on him, suggesting he could be Championship or even Premier League material in a few years.  He will get his chance to prove them right in the coming season, although he does have competition from ’22 Intake star John Morris.  

None.

YOUTH INTAKE

UOCPdC.jpg

It seems my Youth Academy likes giving me CDs – we have had a decent CD prospect in all 3 of our Intakes thus far.  Morris might be the best one yet, and he could see ample playing time next year.  Davison, last year’s top prospect, made it into the starting eleven this year, so there is opportunity at the CD position.  Chris Cole looks like he could serve as a capable backup for Connolly, which is needed considering our No.2 is probably leaving the club at the end of the season.  Stuart Hall immediately becomes our 3rd best striker after Dennis and Flynn, so he could also see decent playing time.  Overall, I am not disappointed by the Intake, but definitely not expecting too much.

YLJIc5.jpg

PRE-SEASON 2022/2023

Champions League: The 5th time was the charm for Atletico Madrid, who finally lifted the Champions League trophy after falling in their previous four trips to the competition’s Finals (1974, 2014, ’16, ’21).  This was their 2nd straight trip to the Finals and it took extra-time for them to finally put away Inter Milan, but led by the likes of Jan Oblak (GK of the Season), Angel Correa, and Alvaro Morata (Forward of the Season for the 2nd straight year), they deposed of defending champions PSG in the Quarter-Finals – the same team they had fallen to in the Finals in the previous year and the heavy favorites to win the competition – and finally added the CL title to their storied history with their win in Munich.

Premier League: Although they were ranked as outsiders to win the Premier League, Arsenal, led by manager Unai Emery (I know), finally lifted the PL trophy for the first time since 2004, when Arsene Wenger and his Invincibles were going head-to-head with Man United for the title of best team in England.  It was their defense that allowed them to unseat two-time defending champions Liverpool (2nd) by a mere 1 point, having conceded only 21 Goals throughout the season.  Liverpool’s Mohammed Salah (14 Goals, 13 Assists, 7.65 AR) won the PL Footballer of the Year for the 3rd consecutive year, while teammate and England international Trent Alexander-Arnold (7.41 AR) won the PL Young Player of the Year.  For the 2nd time in 3 years, the PL Top Goalscorer failed to reach 20 goals – this time, it was Tottenham’s (5th) 20 year old Irish striker Troy Parrot (19 Goals, 7.20 AR) who was the league’s top marksman.  The 2 other CL spots went to Man United (3rd) and Chelsea (4th).

Kafra FC: This was a relatively quiet pre-season – we had 5 easy matches, winning 4 of them and drawing against Dartford (lol).  I managed to get the board to approve additional investment in our Youth Recruitment, bringing us up to Established, and also got an approval to hire an additional coach for the first team.  Other than that, I was just monitoring the improvement of my players throughout, and Alexis Milton continues to impress in terms of improvement.  We had a rough season last year, but the players a year older with a number of the starting eleven now out of their teenage years so the hope is the extra experience and maturity will lead to improvement in the table.

SEASON REVIEW 2022/2023

TEAM REVIEW

uzECXr.jpg

hFsdeO.jpg

Our defense again was the worst in the Championship, although our offensive improved to 4th, of which a direct result was our improvement in the standing.  We finished the season in 16th Place, although at one point where were just outside the Play-Off zone.  We had a rough mid-season run and an inconsistent late-season, so despite having the two highest scorers in the league, we were still strictly a mid-table team. 

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

FORWARD - Michael Flynn (2019), 19 Years Old (Scotland: 9 Caps/2 Goals): 41 Apps, 22 Goals (2nd in League), 3 Assists, 2 PoMs, 21 Chances Created, 1.66 DpG, 54% Shot Target, 7.24 AR (8th)….For the 3rd time in 4 years, Flynn won the Kafra Player of the Year award.  This was also the 3rd season in his 4 season career where he scored over 20+ Goals, recovering from his 15 Goal season last year.  The club’s captain is also its most influential player, and leads the mentoring group, which is focused on driving the Determination and Drive up.  In any case, at this point, Flynn is as close to a club legend as we have on the squad. Rating: 8/10

DEFENSE

GOALKEEPER - Aidan Connolly (2019), 20 Years Old: 46 Apps, 2.09 Con/90, 6 Clean Sheets, 6.94 AR….For the first time in his career, Connolly registered an AR lower than 7.00, going down to 6.94 AR.  Ironically, this was also the first season where he registered a PoM, getting 2 of them.  This is the second season in a row where he played every game, and he became the club’s all-time leader in Appearances, registering 179 by the end of the season. My club’s staff reckon he is now a Premier League level talent, which is reassuring given his young age.  Rating: 7/10

LEFT DEFENDER - Tim Tuson-Firth (2019), 21 Years Old: 41 Apps,  2 Assists, 5.25 TpG (12th in League), 25 Key Tackles, 127 Interceptions, 22 Shots Blocked, 6.72 AR….Tuson-Firth is not a Championship-level player, and he has not been terribly impressive in our two seasons in the Championship thus far.  He has not been horrible, but I am sure we can do better than 6.72 AR and inconsistent form, although we don’t have a good alternative on the team currently.   Rating: 6/10

RIGHT DEFENDER - Daryl McNeil (2019), 21 Years Old: 39 Apps, 2 Assists, 5.09 TpG, 1.02 DpG, 111 Interceptions, 21 Key Tackles, 6.73 AR….Atleast he improved from his 6.63 AR last season, which isn’t saying much.  Like Tuson-Firth, I don’t think McNeil is talented enough for this level, but we have no better alternative at the position currently.  That being said, he is an important part of the mentoring team, and if he can show a little more improvement next year, he would be giving us decent form. Rating: 6/10

CENTRAL DEFENDER - John McPake (2019), 20 Years Old: 40 Apps, 2.61 TpG, 166 Interceptions (6th in League), 31 Key Tackles (2th),113 Key Headers (5th), 37 Shots Blocked (2nd), 6.85 AR….McPake was our most improved player and our best defender this season, with his AR jumping from 6.61 to 6.85.  Not only that, but he was one of the league leaders in most relevant defensive stats, although he did show some a little bit of inconsistency in form.  Then again, that could be said for the entire defensive line, which was the worst in the league.  Overall, however, I am happy with his season, and if the defense operates better as a whole, I see him registering 7.00+ AR in the coming years. Rating: 6.5/10

MIDFIELD

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER - Gary Baldwin (2019), 20 Years Old: 39 Apps, 12 Assists (4th in League), 38 Chances Created (2nd in League), 69% Pass Ratio, 114 Key Passes (4th), 2.54 TpG, 0.83 DpG, 7.17 AR…Playing in a more playmaking role this season, Baldwin thrived, upping his AR from 6.90 to 7.17.  He was amongst the best passers in the league when it came to pushing the ball forward, although his efficiency could still use some work.  His defensive stats dropped somewhat, but that is to be expected considering his focus on making offensive plays happen going forward.  Overall, a strong season from Baldwin. Rating: 7.5/10

LEFT WINGER - Martin Breen (2019), 20 Years Old: 43 Apps, 15 Goals, 11 Assists (7th in League), 5 PoMs, 23 Chances Created (11th), 42 Key Passes, 1.90 TpG, 4.31 DpG (16th), 7.14 AR…Solid improvement in form from Breen this season – almost all his counting stats went up, and he was one of the greatest threats in the league going forward down the left flank.  His pace has been a constant problem for defenders, but his passing has also given his opposition fits.  My coaching staff think he is very suitable for Championship-level football, but also don’t believe he will show too much more improvement. Rating: 7.5/10

RIGHT WINGER - Ashley Turner (2019), 20 Years Old: 46 Apps, 10 Goals, 12 Assists (4th in League), 2 PoMs, 23 Chances Created, 70% Pass Ratio, 52 Key Passes, 1.48 TpG, 2.97 DpG, 6.96 AR…This was the last year Turner will serve as our starter at right wing, although it has nothing to do with him – new prospect Chamberlain is simply much more talented.  Turner has been one of our most important players the past few years, coming back from a major injury that cost him nearly a year of his career.  Reliable and trusted, he will still have a role to play from our bench due to his versatility.  Rating: 6.5/10

ATTACK

FORWARD - Aaron Dennis (2019), 21 Years Old: 40 Apps, 23 Goals (1st in League), 8 Assists (15th), 7 PoMs (4th), 84% Pass Ratio, 2.16 DpG, 62% Shot Target (2nd), 7.20 AR (10th)….The Championship Top Goalscorer for the 2nd straight year, Dennis has proven to be the most dangerous target in the league.  In fact, in only 175 Appearances over the past 4 seasons, he has managed to score 96 Goals.  A broken toe ruled him out of the last month of the season, but he will be ready for next season.  Rating: 8/10

HOT PROSPECTS

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER - Alexis Milton (2020), 20 Years Old: 46 Apps, 3 Goals, 6 Assists, 2 PoMs, 22 Chances Created, 69% Pass Ratio, 83 Key Passes, 108 Interceptions, 2.71 TpG, 1.73 DpG, 7.05 AR….Milton started the season up and down, but the middle of it, he had figured it out and was playing some good football.  In his 3rd season since coming up from the Academy, Milton has become one of our most indispensable players.  According to my coaching staff, he is amongst the top on our team in terms of potential – in fact, they predict him to become a good Premier League-level CM in the next couple of years. 

CENTRAL DEFENDER - Paul Davison (2021), 19 Years Old: 41 Apps, 1.96 TpG, 121 Interceptions, 13 Key Tackles, 6.76 AR….Showed huge improvement in his sophomore year, increasing from 6.59 AR in his rookie year to 6.76 AR.  My staff have said he has Premier League potential, although I would like speedier development in his defensive attributes.  The CD position is a deep one, but Davison has become my favorite starter alongside McPake.   

CENTRAL DEFENDER - John Morris (2022), 18 Years Old: 15 Apps, 1.84 TpG, 6.58 AR….Not a strong rookie year in terms of form, but did a very good job in training and his attribute development was encouraging.  He is slight better defensively than Davison, although Davison has developed into a better all around CD so far.

None.

YOUTH INTAKE

kOWHtr.jpg

Pretty much an ideal Intake – a potential star candidate in a deep pool of talent.  We have 3 players that could potentially contribute to the first team in the near future, with Chamberlain looking like a potential immediate starter.  Even the mid-tier talent in this Intake are worth looking at, which is not something that usually happens.  So far, this has been far and wide the Intake with the most potential I have received in this save.

4gVm0k.jpg

World Cup 2022 - Qatar: The defending champions France defeated Brazil to win their second straight title with the same result (3-1) as their 1998 meeting in the Finals in France.  The French joined the Italians and Brazilians as the only teams to win back-to-back titles in the tournament, which was played in November and December instead of the regular summer days.  Three of the four Semi-Finalists (France, Belgium, England) were the same as the 2018 World Cup in Russia, with the Brazil replacing Croatia as losing Finalists.  England won 3rd Place, this time defeating Belgium (who took 3rd in 2018).  The Best Player award went to English forward Jadon Sancho (6 Apps, 3 Goals, 3 Assists, 7.88 AR), with Ousmane Dembele (6 Apps, 3 Goals, 3 Assists, 7.67 AR) coming in a close 2nd Place.  Hugo Lloris (7 Apps, 4 Clean Sheets) won the  tournament’s Best GK award, while Tottenham’s 22 year old Swedish striker Benjamin Nygren (3 Apps, 4 Goals, 8.30 AR) won the tournament’s Best Young Player award. Harry Kane (5 Apps, 6 Goals, 7.78 AR) of Tottenham and England became the first player in the history of the tournament to win back-to-back Top Goalscorer award, scoring 6 Goals in both the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

Champions League: For the first time in their history, Arsenal won the Champions League title, defeating Liverpool in an All-English Finals in Wembley. While Liverpool were the favorites as the tournament progressed through the Knockout Rounds, Arsenal (who were crowned 2022 Premier League champions) developed a team game that proved impossible to beat, even for a team of stars like Liverpool.  The defending champions Atletico Madrid couldn’t make it out of the Group Stages, and 2022 beaten Finalists Inter Milan also had the same story.  The Semi-Finals saw 3 English teams (Liverpool beat Barcelona, Arsenal beat Man United), and it was second time lucky for Arsenal in the Finals – they had previously made the Finals in 2006, only to be beaten by Barcelona.

Premier League: Defending champions Arsenal finished in 5th Place, giving up the title to Liverpool, who won their 3rd title in 4 years.  It was a comfortable season for what has widely been considered the best team in England over the past few years, finishing 7 points ahead of Man United (2nd) and 12 points ahead of Man City (3rd).  Everton (4th) the last CL spot, finishing ahead of the fallen champions Arsenal and Tottenham (6th). Liverpool’s Lautaro Martinez (37 Apps, 25 Goals, 10 Assists, 7.45 AR) was named Top Goalscorer for the 2nd time in his career, while his teammate Mohammed Salah (35 Apps, 13 Goals, 18 Assists, 7 PoMs, 8.03 AR) won the Footballer of the Year for the 4th consecutive year and 5th time overall, setting a new record with both.

2 hours ago, Mr Highbury said:

Looks like the team is improving, and that intake looks fantastic!

How long do you think it is likely to be before your defense is good enough to challenge for promotion to the Premier League?

Honestly, it shouldn't be too long.  The only real issue I have is that Connolly (GK) has refused to sign a new contract and his current one expires at the end of the season.  He is one of the pillars of the defense and the team, so his departure will definitely set us back.  As for the defensive line, I predict we should see some improvement this season as the players mature and get older.  

SEASON REVIEW 2023/2024

TEAM REVIEW

Champions of the Championship! I was striving or a potential Play-Off spot, but we got going, picked up steam, and never looked back.  Some big wins against Middlesbrough, West Brom, and Hull towards the end of the season were important landmarks in what our most impressive stretch – in March, April, and May, we only lost once, falling to Derby 3-2 away from home.  Our 105 Goals were the top in the league, and our 78 Goals Conceded, while not good, was not the worst in the Championship!  Overall, I am very impressed with the squad – I guess high Determination is really that important, because the team seemed to dig down deeper as the season went on and refused to drop their form.  We are now heading to the Premier League!

I have been lucky thus far to have a really positive board – they have poured investment in all aspects of Youth and also Training – in fact, our Junior Coaching is now considered Exceptional, and our Youth Recruitment is considered Excellent.  This is really good going into the Premier League, where we will be focusing on just surviving while we hopefully get some good prospects that develop quick!

69xsFX.jpg

CARtHV.jpg

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

FORWARD - Michael Flynn (2019), 20 Years Old (Scotland: 17 Caps/6 Goals): 38 Apps, 24 Goals (3rd in League), 14 Assists (4th), 5 PoMs, 15 Chances Created, 1.90 DpG, 46% Shot Target, 7.40 AR (3rd)….It can be argued that Flynn wasn’t the best player on the squad this year, but I don’t think there would be too much talk about him winning his 4th Kafra Player of the Year, either.  He showed stark improvement in his passing, as his Assists went up from 3 to 14, but it did not affect his shots or goalscoring.  The Scottish international and the team’s highest valued player at £10.5M, our captain is our most influential player on and off the pitch, and the coaching staff think he will do just fine for us in the Premier League next season. Rating: 8.5/10

DEFENSE

GOALKEEPER - Aidan Connolly (2019), 21 Years Old: 45 Apps, 1.62 Con/90, 9 Clean Sheets, 6.98 AR….One of the two players on the team (Milton is the other) that my coaching staff rate at 4.5/5 CA, our GK has the 4th highest value (£8.25M) on the squad after Flynn, Milton, and Breen.  Although he is not known as the best Shot-Stopper, he is considered a good Premier League level GK by my staff and has actually been called up to the English national team and was named in the Championship Team of the Year – he was recognized as the best GK in the Championship this year.  He finally signed a new contract that will keep him with us for the next 4 years, so I was glad to get that taken care of. Rating: 7/10

LEFT DEFENDER - Tim Tuson-Firth (2019), 22 Years Old: 41 Apps, 3 Assists, 4.31 TpG, 21 Key Tackles, 115 Interceptions, 28 Shots Blocked (4th in League), 6.83 AR….At 6.83 AR, he was the worst performing starter on the team, but he improved significantly from the 6.72 AR he registered last season.  That being said, the defensive line in general improved, and although we were still amongst the worst performing defenses in the league (20th), the fact that our lowest performing defender had a 6.83 AR means we did relatively well.  He is definitely not PL material, but he still remains our best option at left-back. Rating: 6.5/10

RIGHT DEFENDER - Daryl McNeil (2019), 22 Years Old: 37 Apps, 3 Assists, 5.38 TpG (7th in League), 21 Key Tackles, 93 Interceptions, 27 Shots Blocked (5th), 6.93 AR….The strongest tackler on our team has come a long way since his 6.63 AR from two years ago.  Although his durability remains in question (in 5 seasons, he has played over 40 Games only once), his focus and Determination have been crucial factors in his improvement.  Like Tuson-Firth, he is not a PL-level full-back, but he is currently the best we have by a long shot. Rating: 6.5/10

CENTRAL DEFENDER - John McPake (2019), 21 Years Old: 43 Apps, 3 Goals, 2 PoMs, 2.11 TpG, 183 Interceptions (3rd in League), 23 Key Tackles, 103 Key Headers (7th), 70 Shots Blocked (1st), 7.02 AR….Our best performing defender, he was named as one of the starters at CD in the Championship Team of the Year.  The most incredible stat has to be his 70 Shots Blocked – to put it in perspective, the second highest in the league was 29.  The Scottish CD, whose main weakness is perhaps his Aerial abilities, showed strong improvements over the past 2 years – in 2021/22, he registered 6.61 AR, and last year it went up to 6.85 AR.  This year was the first year he cracked 7.00 AR since his rookie season. Rating: 7/10

MIDFIELD

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER - Alexis Milton (2020), 21 Years Old: 46 Apps, 8 Goals, 17 Assists (1st in League), 5 PoMs, 51 Chances Created (1st), 69% Pass Ratio, 126 Key Passes (2nd), 95 Interceptions, 2.32 TpG, 1.33 DpG, 7.46 AR (2nd)….The argument here is that Milton should’ve won the Kafra Player of the Year, but he was more than rewarded back as he was crowned both the Championship Footballer of the Year and the league’s Young Player of the Year.  Without a doubt, he was one of the best players in the league this season, and he was definitely the league’s best playmaker.  Living up to his high potential – and wanted by some of England’s top clubs – Milton led the way in our best ever season, bring his AR up to 7.46 from 7.05 last season.  Hopefully, our promotion to the Premier League will convince him to sign a new contract, which so far he has been reluctant to do.  Rating: 9/10

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER - Gary Baldwin (2019), 21 Years Old: 46 Apps, 2 Goals, 10 Assists (10th in League), 4 Chances Created (2nd in League), 73% Pass Ratio, 113 Key Passes (6th), 2.76 TpG, 0.73 DpG, 7.24 AR (8th)…With 2.5/5 CA, he is tied with McNeil as the 2nd least talented starter on our team according to my coaching staff (Tuson-Firth has 2/5 CA), so his accomplishments place him firmly in the “Over-Achiever” zone.  Milton was obviously the more impressive CM, but Baldwin was good in his own right – in fact, he was also named to the Championship Team of the Year and was widely considered to be on the top CMs in the league this year.  He now has a career 7.10 AR, proving that this was not an exception but rather the norm, and he might be in line for a Northern Ireland Cap in the new future. Rating: 7.5/10

LEFT WINGER - Martin Breen (2019), 21 Years Old: 42 Apps, 12 Goals, 14 Assists (4th in League), 2 PoMs, 31 Chances Created (7th), 42 Key Passes, 2.06 TpG, 4.45 DpG (16th), 7.19 AR….At £10.5M, Breen is tied with Flynn for the highest valued player on the team.  The Scottish left winger has fantastic pace, but his progress in his Technical and Attacking ability have helped him develop into a much better player.  He has a career average of 7.18 AR and has developed a reputation as one of the best scoring wingers in the country today.  He will be very important for us next season as he is one of the few players on the team that have enough talent to make some noise in the Premier League.  He was also named in the Championship Team of the Year. Rating: 7.5/10

ATTACK

FORWARD - Aaron Dennis (2019), 21 Years Old: 46 Apps, 32 Goals (1st in League), 7 Assists, 6 PoMs (4th), 83% Pass Ratio, 2.18 DpG, 61% Shot Target (5th), 7.36 AR (4th)….Dennis set two new Championship record this season by winning the Top Goalscorer award 3 years in a row and scoring 32 Goals in a season.  He goes down in history as one of the greatest Championship goalscorers of all-time as the club advances to the Premier League – he has also been Kafra’s greatest threat up front since the club’s inception 5 years ago.  While Flynn might be the more complete forward, Dennis’ goalscoring streak has been second to none – he now has a club record 128 League Goals in 221 Appearances with an 7.29 AR for his career.  He is also the only Kafra player to be named to the Championship Team of the Year in consecutive seasons.  A club legend at this point. Rating: 8.5/10

HOT PROSPECTS

CENTRAL DEFENDER - Paul Davison (2021), 20 Years Old: 36 (23 Starts) Apps, 1.84 TpG, 87 Interceptions, 14 Key Tackles, 6.78 AR….After two years of encouraging growth, Davison stagnated and as such my staff have brought down his PA to 3.5/5.  Through no fault of his own, Morris replaced him in the starting lineup and he became our 3rd choice CD – he still got a good amount of playing time, but lost his starting spot to Morris.

CENTRAL DEFENDER - John Morris (2022), 19 Years Old: 24 Apps, 3.16 TpG, 78 Interceptions, 18 Key Tackles, 7.01 AR….Talk about a turn-around!  After struggling during his rookie year (6.58 AR), he came back during his sophomore and completely wowed me.  Not only did he fight his way into the starting lineup, he was also one of the better CDs in the league.  From 6.58 AR to 7.01 AR, that kind of improvement is rare to see, but perhaps more impressively was how much he improved in terms of his attributes.  The coaching staff have him pegged as a future Premier League level CD, which is perfect for me because that is exactly where we’re headed!

RIGHT WINGER - James Chamberlain (2023), 17 Years Old: 43 Apps, 13 Goals, 10 Assists (10th in League), 3 PoMs, 37 Chances Created (4th), 73 Key Passes, 2.22 TpG, 3.44 DpG, 7.16 AR….Our revelation of the season – the rookie was outstanding in his first season with us.  Replacing reliable Turner at starter down our right wing, Chamberlain proved that he was more than capable, playing better than I ever expected.  Not only that, but the improvements in attributes he showed throughout the season leaves little doubt in my mind that he will be a PL-level winger very soon. 

None.

YOUTH INTAKE

O9rbUP.jpg

It was always going to be hard to live up to the 2023 Intake both in talent level and deepness, and the 2024 Intake falls short in both regards.  That being said, Paul Jordan looks like he could become a contributor down the line to our forward line, and depending how Clarke develops, he could potentially challenge for the Right-Back starting spot in a few years, as well.

HDK5wV.jpg

Edited by abulezz

7 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Congrats on promotion, although winning the league with 14 losses is certainly unusual :lol:

We had a stretch during the middle of the season where we would win one, then we would lose one.

My theory is that given how young the players are, inconsistency seems to be a big thing.  They'll grab a huge away win, then they'll draw the next game at home vs. the bottom team.  

PRE-SEASON 2024/2025

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2024 - GERMANY: The hosts became the new champions as Germany defeated defending champions (and heavy favorites to retain) France in the Semi-Finals before dispatching of Italy in the Finals on penalties.  This made Germany the first 4 time champion in the history of the competition, while defeated Finalists Italy made it 3 Finals without a win, also a record.  Germany found retribution, as they had fallen to France in the Finals of Euro 2020, but despite Kylian Mbappe’s (6 Apps, 6 Gls, 8.52 AR) otherworldly play – leading to him winning the tournament’s Best Player of the 2nd consecutive time and the Golden Boot – it was Germany that managed to win the title. Italy’s striker Sebastiano Esposito (22 years old, Inter Milan – 7 Apps, 5 Gls, 7.53 AR) was a revelation and won the tournament’s Best Young Player award.  Germany’s best player was probably Liverpool’s midfielder Kai Havertz, but they also had a tough defense that managed to subdue some of the best teams in the world.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: They fell to Arsenal in the Finals in Wembley a year ago, but Liverpool were back on top after defeating Man City in Moscow for their 3rd title in 6 years, and their 8th title overall.  This was the second straight All-English Finals, and it was one which was relatively comfortable for the most dominant club team in Europe over the past few years, as they defeated Man City 2-0.  The defending champions did not even see the 2nd Round, and in the Semi-Finals, Atletico Madrid and Benfica fell to Liverpool and Man City, respectively.  The big knockout matches were in the Quarter-Finals, however, with Liverpool making short work of one of the favorites in PSG, while Man City edged out Barcelona.  Liverpool’s GK Allison won his 2nd straight GK of the Season, while teammate Lautaro Martinez (12 Apps, 15 Gls) was the competition’s Top Goalscorer for the 2nd straight season, as well.

PREMIER LEAGUE:  For the first time in 11 years, Man United finally captured the PL title, as defending champions Liverpool finished in 2nd Place.  The rise of Anthony Martial (22 Goals, Top Goalscorer) aided Man United in their quest, with David De Gea (2nd straight GK of the Year) and Mason Greenwood (12 Gls, 11 Asts, 7.59 AR, Young Player of the Year) leading the way for the club, as well.  Mohammed Salah (30 Apps, 19 Gls, 16 Asts, 8 PoMs, 8.05 AR) won the Footballer of the Year for an incredible 5th straight time, but it was not enough this time around to lead his team to the title.  Crystal Palace (4th) was the main shock of the season as they captured the last CL spot behind Chelsea (3rd), and Man City (7th), Arsenal (8th), and Tottenham (9th) all underachieving. 

SEASON REVIEW 2024/2025

TEAM REVIEW

Despite ending the season on the lowest note so far of this save (6-0 loss to Tottenham), the season overall was successful as we managed to stay clear of relegation and the relegation zone battles for most of the season.  As expected, our defense was terrible (worst in the PL), but as usual, our offense was pretty good (4th in PL), with Michael Flynn winning the league’s Top Goalscorer award with 26 Goals.

Overall, our first season in the Premier League was a relative success – we finished in 15th Place and had a number of positives in terms of players with potential to look forward to.  Liverpool recaptured the title from Man United and proved they were the best team in England, but that is the same team that we managed to defeat 2-1 at home in the middle of the season.  I am excited for next year, as I think we can continue to show improvement and hopefully build on our first season in the Premier League.

xokyTA.jpg

NQrohe.jpg

c0Oql0.jpg

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

FORWARD - Michael Flynn (2019), 21 Years Old (Scotland: 28 Caps/13 Goals): 36 Apps, 26 Goals (1st in League), 1 Assists, 5 PoMs (8th), 9 Chances Created, 1.83 DpG, 57% Shot Target (9th), 7.38 AR (9th)….In the club’s 6 years of existence, Flynn has won 5 of the Kafra Player of the Year awards, including winning his 3rd straight this year.  His first year in the Premier League was a resounding success, as his 26 Goals were top of the league and won him the award of Top Goalscorer.  His role upfront changed tactically – whereas in years past we had him involved more in the flow of the attack, this year I put him upfront strictly as a goalscorer and the end destination for any play buildup.  He was also named in the Premier League Team of the Year, and now the Scottish national team starting forward is our highest valued player at £26.5M. Rating: 8.5/10

DEFENSE

GOALKEEPER - Aidan Connolly (2019), 22 Years Old (2 Caps): 38 Apps, 2.42 Con/90, 4 Clean Sheets, 7.11 AR….Not surprisingly, our defense was abysmal in our first season in the Premier League, but Connolly proved his belonged at this level with some fantastic play.  In fact, he was impressive enough that he was rewarded with his first international cap, which made his value nearly hit £20M.  He signed a new contract before the beginning of the season after our PL promotion was confirmed, and now we have one of the most highly regarded young GKs in the nation as our No.1. Rating: 7/10

LEFT DEFENDER - Tim Tuson-Firth (2019), 23 Years Old: 34 Apps, 2 Assists, 4.67 TpG, 26 Key Tackles (12th in PL), 109 Interceptions, 33 Shots Blocked (3rd), 6.81 AR….I was actually pleasantly surprised as I thought Tuson-Firth will play much worse than he actually did.  He was pretty respectable and was generally consistently decent in what was the PL’s worst defensive line this season.  It is still obvious that we definitely need an upgrade at the position in order to be up to PL standard, but he did well for us given the circumstances. Rating: 6.5/10

CENTRAL DEFENDER - John McPake (2019), 22 Years Old: 34 Apps, 1 Goal, 2.43 TpG, 153 Interceptions (1st in PL), 27 Key Tackles (7th), 92 Key Headers (5th), 40 Shots Blocked (2nd), 6.81 AR….Like the rest of the defensive line, his first season in the Premier League was a learning experience.  He did decent, however, and led the PL in some key categories, and his overall form was not too bad.  Given how bad our defense was in general, I did not expect his AR to be high, so I find 6.81 AR to be acceptable given the circumstance.  For some reason, my staff are not fans at all (2.5/5 CA and PA) and they figure him to be a League 2 CD at best.  I don’t agree with that assessment, however, and still consider him one of our strongest defenders still. Rating: 6.5/10

MIDFIELD

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER - Alexis Milton (2020), 22 Years Old: 37 Apps, 5 Goals, 12 Assists (3rd in PL), 3 PoMs, 44 Chances Created (2nd), 66% Pass Ratio, 86 Key Passes (10th), 88 Interceptions, 2.17 TpG, 1.10 DpG, 7.32 AR (11th)….At £25M, Milton is our 2nd highest valued after Flynn.  The U21 English international is also considered perhaps our most talented player, and the last two years have certainly given weight to that claim.  He continues to be difficult in terms of agreeing to a new contract as his current one runs out in 2027, but atleast we have reached a point where he is actually willing to negotiate instead of rejecting outright.  Despite playing in the toughest league in the world, Milton was one of the best CMs in the PL this season, and he has the look of a future England international. Rating: 7.5/10

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER - Gary Baldwin (2019), 22 Years Old (2 Caps): 33 Apps, 8 Assists, 19 Chances Created, 70% Pass Ratio, 59 Key Passes, 2.84 TpG, 6.94 AR….This was likely Baldwin’s final season as our starter alongside Milton at CM given the emergence of Chris Atkinson.  A lot more effective defending than he is with the ball at his feet, he has been a solid contributor for us over the past few seasons.  He has a knack for finding the open man, which is why he has always had strong Assists numbers.  He was good enough to be called up to the Northern Ireland team, where he earned his first couple of Caps.  He will remain likely the first choice CM off the bench Rating: 6.5/10

LEFT WINGER - Martin Breen (2019), 22 Years Old: 38 Apps, 6 Goals, 6 Assists, 2 PoMs, 28 Chances Created (11th in PL), 37 Key Passes, 56% Shot Target (11th), 1.99 TpG, 4.88 DpG (12th), 6.98 AR….Although he had a decent season, by his own high standards, he struggled a bit.  This was his first year in the PL, and perhaps he found it a little more challenging than he expected.  Still, he didn’t do bad – he was efficient going forward, and was one of the top dribblers statistically in the PL.  His speed remains his primary weapon, but he has proven to be a quality threat in front of the goal, as well.  I would expect him to improve next season to the form that was similar to what he gave us in the Championship. Rating: 7/10

ATTACK

FORWARD - Aaron Dennis (2019), 23 Years Old: 38 Apps, 16 Goals (8th in PL), 5 Assists, 2 PoMs, 85% Pass Ratio, 63% Shot Target (2nd), 2.27 DpG, 7.15 AR….With the higher level of football, Dennis found his limitations exposed and found it harder to cope with PL defenders than the previous levels.  As such, his Goals Scored dropped from 32 to 16, which is actually still a very decent number.  What I love about Dennis is his efficiency – whether shooting or passing the ball, he rarely takes a wrong step or makes a wrong decision.  Both his Pass and Shooting percentages are always amongst the highest in the league.  Is he a PL level striker? Probably not, but he still doing a great job for us. Rating: 7.5/10

HOT PROSPECTS

CENTRAL DEFENDER - John Morris (2022), 20 Years Old: 35 Apps, 3 Assists, 2.34 TpG, 132 Interceptions, 26 Key Tackles, 6.90 AR….Out of all our defenders, Morris got the highest AR (6.90) this season.  My staff consider his talent to be on-par with the Premier League, and I would say at this point he is probably our most talented defender.  The struggles of his rookie year are well behind us as he completed his 3rd season with us, and I expect he will continue to impress in the upcoming seasons.

RIGHT WINGER - James Chamberlain (2023), 18 Years Old: 38 Apps, 10 Goals, 9 Assists (6th in PL), 2 PoMs, 40 Chances Created (3rd), 68 Key Passes (19th), 2.05 TpG, 4.63 DpG (16th), 7.21 AR….Played better than I thought he would in his first PL season given that this was only his sophomore year overall.  I think he is our most talented player under 20, and I think that if he keeps developing this way, he might be our top player in a few years.  He is already worth almost £20M and has been capped at the U20 level.  My staff think his greatest weakness is how one-footed he is, but they are highly optimistic about his future – as am I.

RIGHT DEFENDER - Graham Clarke (2024), 17 Years Old: 32 Apps, 1 Assist, 4.37 TpG, 79 Interceptions, 17 Key Tackles, 6.58 AR….I decided to make Clarke our starter at right-back early in the season, and he struggled mightily in his rookie year.  He was considered the 2nd best prospect in the ’24 Youth Class after Paul Jordan, and while that could still be the case, Clarke has become a starter for us while striker Jordan spent the season on loan.  I will look for much improvement in his sophomore year, hoping he can improve the way Morris did.

None.

YOUTH INTAKE

RI6Ywh.jpg

Just based on the collective Potential, this is – on paper – our best Intake yet.  I am very intrigued by Atkinson since I don’t feel Baldwin is good enough for the Premier League, but the other high potential prospects all look good.  Joe Bell looks like he could develop into a good striker, Osborne looks like he could climb up the ranks and be our No.2 very quickly, while Wordsworth and Jennings need to be re-trained but could potentially be good players at CD and Right Winger, respectively.  Obviously, we have to wait to see how they develop, but the sheer number of prospects in this Intake is what makes it so interesting.

GlRCA6.jpg

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

Great first season in the EPL

Thanks! It went about as well as I could've hoped - I didn't really have to worry about any relegation battles, which was the best case scenario.

For anyone wondering about the states of my facilities, please see below.  The Stade is getting a facelift, so we're playing in Craven Cottage for the year.

EKzk3m.jpg

SEASON REVIEW 2025/2026

TEAM REVIEW

Slight improvements in our 2nd year in the Premier League – our defense got a little better (18th in PL), and our offense was its usual effective self (6th in the PL).  That being said, there were rough patches during the season, and we spent a few months closer to the relegation zone that I would’ve liked.  We rallied towards the end of the season and got some decent results that pushed us up a bit, but it was not an easy year by any means.  I didn’t see the type of progress I wanted to out of a lot of our young players, and that was a crucial factor in our lack of real progress.  Still, finishing in 12th Place during our 2nd year in the PL (last year we finished in 15th Place) is not bad at all, and the fact that we were able to solidify our position as a mid-table Premier League club is an accomplishment, I think.

CETbRO.jpg

TLQaFV.jpg

M1BHF4.jpg

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

FORWARD - Michael Flynn (2019), 22 Years Old (Scotland: 32 Caps/15 Goals): 33 Apps, 20 Goals (2nd in PL), 3 Assists, 6 PoMs (3rd), 15 Chances Created, 1.99 DpG, 48% Shot Target, 7.36 AR (14th)….This is his 4th straight Kafra Player of the Year award – in fact, out of the 7 seasons we have played so far, Flynn has won the award 6 times (the only exception is in 2021/22, when Aaron Dennis won it).  He is obviously a club legend at this point and the finest player in club history thus far.  He gave up his PL Top Goalscorer award as his Goals dropped to 20 from 26, but he was still 2nd in the PL.  Although he is no longer our highest valued player at £27.5M, there is no doubt he is currently our best.  He has also become one of Scotland’s most valuable forwards. Rating: 8/10

DEFENSE

GOALKEEPER - Aidan Connolly (2019), 23 Years Old (4 Caps): 38 Apps, 1.97 Con/90, 3 Clean Sheets, 7.09 AR[ /i]….Our defense got a little bit this year, and as such Connolly’s numbers were a bit better.  He earned a couple more Caps for England this season, although he is still the second choice behind Jordan Pickford.  Generally considered one of the brightest young English GK prospects, the weakest facet of his game remains his Shot-Stopping, but he has managed to make the best of his opportunity and continues to perform admirably for the club. Rating: 7/10

CENTRAL DEFENDER - John Morris (2022), 21 Years Old: 36 Apps, 2 Goals, 2.67 TpG, 139 Interceptions (7th in PL), 30 Key Tackles (8th), 28 Shots Blocked (2nd), 6.90 AR….Morris had a very similar season this year compared to last year, which wasn’t too bad.  He gets the job done and has developed into a reasonably decent PL-level CD at this point.  I am relatively happy with how he turned out, assuming most of his development is done by now.  I’d like to see a little more presence in the back as he sometimes seems to be out of the picture during an opponent’s counter-attack, but it has been mostly positive stuff from him. Rating: 6.5/10

CENTRAL DEFENDER - John McPake (2019), 23 Years Old: 32 Apps, 2 Assists, 2.55 TpG, 147 Interceptions (3rd in PL), 27 Key Tackles (15th), 93 Key Headers (4th), 39 Shots Blocked (1st), 6.93 AR….One of the best in the PL over the last two seasons when it comes to Interceptions and Shots Blocked, he is the leader of our defensive line.  My staff think he is our least talented defender, but again he registered the highest AR out of all our defenders.  I actually rely on him quite a lot, and despite our generally horrible defense, McPake remains a bright spot and one of our strengths in the back. Rating: 6.5/10

MIDFIELD

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER - Alexis Milton (2020), 23 Years Old: 38 Apps, 12 Assists (1st in PL), 3 PoMs, 34 Chances Created (2nd), 65% Pass Ratio, 80 Key Passes (9th), 94 Interceptions, 2.05 TpG, 1.54 DpG, 7.11 AR….He led the league in Assists and was generally one of the more dangerous passers in the PL, but the season was filled with contract drama between the club and the player.  He finally signed a new contract that will keep him at the club until 2031, but his form was definitely affected as his AR dropped from 7.32 to 7.11 AR.  Hopefully, we can put the tension and bad blood behind us (he was pretty aggressive in trying to get a move) and he can return to the form that made him one of England’s most promising CMs. Rating: 7/10

LEFT WINGER - Martin Breen (2019), 23 Years Old: 31 Apps, 4 Goals, 6 Assists, 26 Chances Created, 38 Key Passes, 59% Pass Ratio, 50% Shot Target, 2.63 TpG, 4.14 DpG, 6.97 AR….A lower back stress fracture early in the season ruled him out until November and he never really recovered. His form, while relatively the same as last season, was not too impressive, and he wasn’t the contributor going forward that he once was.  That being said, he was pretty good at covering himself defensively, and he remains one of the faster players in the PL. Rating: 7/10

ATTACK

FORWARD - Aaron Dennis (2019), 23 Years Old: 38 Apps, 20 Goals (2nd in PL), 5 Assists, 3    PoMs, 86% Pass Ratio, 63% Shot Target (1st), 2.16 DpG, 7.32 AR….He has developed into one of the best 2nd choices in terms of strikers in the PL.  This was a good bounce-back season for him (he scored 16 Goals last season), and his 7.32 AR was a nice jump from 7.15.  He has not missed a game in the last three years, making him one of the most durable players in the game currently.  Like McPake, my staff are not big fans of his talent, but he has and continues to play a very vital role for us. Rating: 7.5/10

HOT PROSPECTS

RIGHT WINGER - James Chamberlain (2023), 19 Years Old: 36 Apps, 11 Goals, 8 Assists (11th in PL), 1 PoMs, 32 Chances Created (4th), 65 Key Passes, 1.97 TpG, 4.69 DpG (11th), 7.12 AR….Our first Wonderkid description!  Our starting right-winger had another strong season, delivering a similar season to last year.  He has become our most valued player at £32M, and I would say that he is our most talented player in terms of skills at this point.  He continues to improve well in training, and his attributes have continued to get better in key categories for his position.  He has yet to register lower than 7.00 AR in a season, with a career-average of 7.16 AR so far.  

LEFT DEFENDER - John Wrigley (2023), 19 Years Old: 32 Apps, 2 Assists, 5.03 TpG, 52 Interceptions, 19 Key Tackles, 6.78 AR….I make a lot of snap decisions, and this was one them.  Early in the season, I decided to replace Tuson-Firth at left-back with Wrigley, who had a much better PA, in order to aid his development.  He spent last season with Bath, but he did not do well at all, so I was apprehensive about his ability.  He ended up doing OK, even coming 2nd on the team with 5.03 TpG (For players who played 20 Games or more).  I hope I see more in terms of attribute development next season, because he looks to have stagnated in that department.  

FORWARD - Paul Jordan (2024), 19 Years Old: On Loan at Livingston: 20 Apps, 2 Goals, 3 Assist, 2 PoMs, 85% Pass Ratio, 69% Shot Target, 6.88 AR….Jordan started out his season at Livingston slowly, but picked up a bit as the season wore on.  Worryingly, he only managed 2 Goals, which is not a good number considering he is a striker.  He definitely has some talent, and my staff have him at 5/5 PA, so I will look to see how I can aid his development next season at Kafra.  

RIGHT DEFENDER - Graham Clarke (2024), 18 Years Old: 29 Apps, 3 Assist, 4.19 TpG, 102 Interceptions, 17 Key Tackles, 6.74 AR….Big improvement over his rookie year (6.57 AR to 6.74 AR), so I am happy about that.  His sophomore year saw improvement in all his numbers, and I have started rejecting some decent offers from some big clubs for him.  My staff have downgraded his potential slightly (from 5/5 PA to 4.5/5 PA), so I am slightly concerned that he may stop developing, but time will tell.  For now, he remains our undisputed starter at right-back.

CENTRAL MIDFIELD - Chris Atkinson (2025), 18 Years Old: 31 Apps, 1 Goal, 3 Assist, 13 Chances Created, 24 Key Passes, 77% Pass Ratio, 5.79 TpG (4th in PL), 6.83 AR….This was actually a very decent rookie season from Atkinson, and he definitely showed an ability to defend well, as witnessed by his 5.79 TpG.  The CM lived up to his high praise and proved to be a good running mate for Milton.  He has really good Passing and Vision for a young player – if those continue to develop, we might see 20 in one of them or both.

CENTRAL DEFENDER - Lyndon Wordsworth (2025), 17 Years Old: He spent his rookie year with Newport County in the League 2, but didn’t do so well in his 22 Appearances (6.47 AR).  He came out of the Academy as a midfielder, but I am retraining him to be a CD as that is where his obvious skills are best suited.  He has some really impressive speed on him, and the Irish defender has some fans in my staff as is witnessed by his 5/5 PA.   

None.

YOUTH INTAKE

KHWXez.jpg

This was a relatively deep Intake, although I can’t say for sure we have a great prospect.  Hislop and Phillips look like they could become something big, but they also could end up being nothing but mediocre backups.  In the best case scenario, all the top prospects develop and become contributors with one or two of them becoming invaluable starters, but I really can’t say yet which we this is going to go!

kvtc7Z.jpg

god damn it, i'm actually jelly for those youth intakes :D:D i swear

i'm sorry :)

I only managed AC Milan in fm20 and all my youth intakes (im in 2025-2026 season) have all been abysmal to say the least.

next year gonna be huge for Kafra FC, I can feel it.

3 hours ago, Marbah said:

god damn it, i'm actually jelly for those youth intakes :D:D i swear

i'm sorry :)

I only managed AC Milan in fm20 and all my youth intakes (im in 2025-2026 season) have all been abysmal to say the least.

next year gonna be huge for Kafra FC, I can feel it.

Lol - my facilities have actually been top-notch for a couple of years now, so I've been lucky.  

I don't have a deep team or an especially talented ones, so take the 5 Stars and "Golden Generations" with a grain of salt.  Once the team gets a few talented players who are of a certain class, I'm sure the stars and the descriptions will be less dramatic. 

PRE-SEASON 2026/2027

WORLD CUP 2026 – USA, CANADA, AND MEXICO: It took them 40 years, but Argentina finally reclaimed the World Cup trophy, defeating a resilient and stubborn English team in the Finals at the Metlife Stadium near New York City.  This was England’s first Finals appearance since 1966, which was also their only other Finals appearance, defeating Germany on home soil.  This was Argentina’s 3rd World Cup championship, with the previous 2 times being in 1978 and 1986.  They made 2 Finals in between 1986 and 2026, losing to Germany both times in 1990 in Italy and 2014 in Brazil.  England had made the Semi-Finals before bowing in 2018 in Russia and in 2022 in Qatar, so they had consistently been one of the top performing teams at the World Cup in recent times.  Defending champions France, who were looking to win a record 3rd straight World Cup title, lost in a huge upset to Croatia in the Third Round, who incidentally also beat 2022 losing Finalists Brazil in the previous round before eventually falling to Argentina in the Quarter-Finals.

Argentina’s Paulo Dybala (Juventus - 7 Apps, 4 Goals, 3 Assists, 7.64 AR) rightfully won the tournament’s Best Player award, becoming the 3rd Argentinean to win the award after Maradona in 1986 and Lionel Messi in 2014. 

Although there were no stand-out GKs this tournament, Argentina’s Geronimo Rulli (Real Sociedad – 7 Apps, 2 Conceded, 5 Clean Sheets, 6.83 AR) had a decent tournament and was best of the bunch.

There was no question who the Best Young Player of the tournament was – Germany’s 21 year old striker Morris Braun (Chealsea - 6 Apps, 6 Goals, 7.82 AR).  Bought by Chelsea during the summer of 2025 for £102M from Hertha Berlin, Braun has become the latest global star after the World Cup after also winning the tournament’s Golden Boot for being its top goalscorer, and many were now anxiously waiting to see what kind of season he delivers for Chelsea this upcoming year.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Another All-English Finals – this time at Camp Nou in Barcelona – saw heavy favorites Liverpool lose to hated rivals Everton in what can only be claimed as the latter’s most important result of all-time.  This was Everton’s first trip to the Champions League Finals and they went up against one of the tournament’s most storied teams in Liverpool, who also happened to be perhaps the most dominant team thus far in the 2020s.  This was Liverpool’s 3rd trip to the Finals in 5 years, and they were looking for their 9th Champions League title, which would put them second only to Real Madrid.  It was not to be, however, and Everton won 1-0 in the most dramatic of ways – a controversial last minute goal at the 91st minute mark. Defending champions Real Madrid exited in the Second Round after being upset by Ajax Amsterdam, (who made it to the Semi-Finals before losing to Everton) while Man United – last year’s losing Finalists and one of the favorites – fell to eventual Finalists Liverpool in the Semi-Finals.

PREMIER LEAGUE: Liverpool defended their title in a big way this season, finishing 11 points ahead of Arsenal (2nd) and 13 points ahead of Man United (3rd).  Champions League champions Everton finished in 4th, with Man City (5th), Southampton (6th), and Chelsea (7th) grabbing the Europa League spots.  For the first time 7 years, someone other than Mohammed Salah won the Footballer of the Year, with the award going to Man United’s Serbian midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (34 Apps, 8 Goals, 7 Assists, 7.59 AR).  The Young Footballer of the Year award went to Arsenal’s 24 year old English winger Bukayo Saka (26 Apps, 8 Goals, 5 Assists, 7.39 AR), while the PL’s Top Goalscorer was Norwich’s 25 year old Irish striker Adam Idah (35 Apps, 23 Goals, 7.26 AR).

Edited by abulezz