[FM20] Weird and Wonerful AI Transfers

bjwphneb

I'll start things off with this.

After finsihing 13th in the Championship, Derby County have signed Mario Balotelli on a free paying him a staggering £48.5K p/w (just shy of Rooney's £50K p/w)

1088636115_Balotelli1.0.thumb.png.27c29f3590ac18677c2c98bf00889074.png1137577892_Balotelli1.1.thumb.png.cd4fc22a604c3d8dbc083fac86de8f95.png996062263_Balotelli1.2.thumb.png.2dd174c06ee4756ac9fe6b69e8af7000.png

Not a bad start for the Italian, will be interesting to see if he can propel his side back into the Premier League.

Man City, obviously requiring centre-back reinforcements, decided to re-sign Stefan Savic. 

Liverpool have won a bidding war against Man Utd to sign Adnan Januzaj.

Man Utd have now turned their attentions to Jonathan dos Santos. 

I also seem to be noticing a lot of mid-table Prem clubs (Bournemouth, Palace, West Ham etc) interested in loaning Old Firm players who've only recently joined. Your Ryan Kents of the world, for example. Might be because I've not loaded Scotland as a league. 

Atlas Guadalajara have just signed Neil Taylor from Villa for £3m. Bizarre.

Edited by laneystain

On 08/11/2019 at 19:49, bjwphneb said:

I'll start things off with this.

After finsihing 13th in the Championship, Derby County have signed Mario Balotelli on a free paying him a staggering £48.5K p/w (just shy of Rooney's £50K p/w)

1088636115_Balotelli1.0.thumb.png.27c29f3590ac18677c2c98bf00889074.png1137577892_Balotelli1.1.thumb.png.cd4fc22a604c3d8dbc083fac86de8f95.png996062263_Balotelli1.2.thumb.png.2dd174c06ee4756ac9fe6b69e8af7000.png

Not a bad start for the Italian, will be interesting to see if he can propel his side back into the Premier League.

Some more "Creative accounting" from Mel Morris then?

Man City doing Man City things in my game, still playing John Stones at the back with Otamendi on the bench, but hey let's buy Jadon Sancho, Suso from Milan to sit with Mahrez, Sane and Foden on the bench! 

Man Utd seem to always buy Delofeu. 

Seeing Norwich buy someone for £45 million is also a bit weird. 

Arsenal tried to buy Nathan Redmond from me for a deal worth £86 million and he has turned them down, twice. 

I'm Celtic, I won the league 1st season and got knocked out in the first knock out round of the UCL after the group stages. I've managed to sign Mason Greenwood, Chong, Claudio Bravo on a permanent deals and have had a lot of big players interested in me such as Foden, Ozil, Hudson-Odo, Marcelo as an example. I find it a bit to soon for them to be interested, Greenwood played 34 of 38 games in the 1st season at Man U, this is compounded with my players such as Forrest/Sinclair/McGregor wanting to move to a bigger club.

Pep got sacked at Man City for finishing 3rd and is now Spurs manager, Pochettino got sacked from Spurs and is now Porto manager and Man City have re-appointed Manuel Pellegrini.........

(and Jadon Sancho who Man City paid nearly £100 million for has had 5 sub appearances in the league by the end of January and no starts in any competition)

On 09/11/2019 at 11:04, dozzie said:

In the very first transfer window Scotland's James McArthur has just left Crystal Palace and joined ATP in the Brazilian First Division for £7.5m.

Happened every time on mine so far, goes to a Brazilian club of places! 

I've seen Robbie Brady go to Basel on a season long loan and Redmond has gone to Arsenal for £40 million after the first year, only to be sold for £15 back to Southampton the next year 

On 15/11/2019 at 14:43, Geordieboy52 said:

I've not downloaded yet but are we playing of a 'quick start' database where its all pre-determined etc?

Nothing is pre determined in the game... you will however find similar or identical transfers happen from save to save because the ai managers have the same tendencies on which type of player they need and so does each team..

On 19/11/2019 at 09:22, craiigman said:

Liverpool signed Grimaldo from Benfica for £40m when they have Robertson. I tried to sell Xhaka and Basel made a loan offer, Man United made a transfer bid. I accepted both and he accepted a loan to Basel.

Would make sense, I'd imagine Basel is one of his favored clubs given he came through their academy. 

Laporte came back from injury for City in January in my Chelsea save. He was transfer listed because they didn't have a role for him and he went to Spurs for £54million.

They signed Armando Izzo to replace him and then also bought Zaha for around £45mill and then Wilson for a ridiculous fee (might have been 92mill but I will check). Seem they want to get homegrown quota up and don't negotiate well 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Man City seem determined to sign the Spurs team in my save, they have just signed Kane (£206m), and Son Heung-Min (£48.5m). Spurs meanwhile have failed to buy a decent replacement although I have let them have Greenwood on loan until Jan. 

21 hours ago, Woolly said:

Man City seem determined to sign the Spurs team in my save, they have just signed Kane (£206m), and Son Heung-Min (£48.5m). Spurs meanwhile have failed to buy a decent replacement although I have let them have Greenwood on loan until Jan. 

18 hours ago, catennacio said:

Start of 2nd season, Barca buys Kane for £192m... He replaces Suarez and is on 25 apps/15 goals in December now...

PSG signs Pogba for £112m...

Jheeeze the most I've seen Kane go for is £100mil in the second season. Do Spurs sign anyone good or better yet awful with the money.

This is for me the most insane transfer I've seen. The year is 2026. Fati, as in the wonderkid at barca has signed for PSG for £0 and 0 pence. Not even as if he wasn't getting minutes at barca. He's just had a 7.99 season scoring 19 goals from 30 apps. Overall he's got 71 from 153 Barca appearances. I don't have the league loaded but I'm baffled as to how Barca have let this happen

2091960352_Fati1.0.thumb.png.39563e8fb9a73c6ba82057d85019b010.png

2 hours ago, bjwphneb said:

Jheeeze the most I've seen Kane go for is £100mil in the second season. Do Spurs sign anyone good or better yet awful with the money.

Not in my save they brought no one to replace him but got desperate and took Greenwood on a half season loan on the last day of the transfer window. They are currently struggling at the wrong end of the table bottom after 5 games having lost 4 out of 5 (the other game was a draw with Greenwood scoring for them). 

1 hour ago, Flash Gordon said:

A close 3rd is Diogo Jota moving from Wolves to Juventus for £74m.

But the man occupying number 2 and number 1 spot is Alex Iwobi...

Iwobi.thumb.PNG.f9101ad9fc05ef61d158b057fbcde0d9.PNG

50 mill to Barca is bad enough, I've just taken over as Nigeria manager and at 30 y/o he's stayed at Everton, but that might be bacuase i've not had any of europe loaded

2 seasons into my save with every European league loaded.

Man City bought Savic for 30m first saeson and sold him for 22.5m the next season to China.

Man U bought Defelou for £27.5m in the first window and Arthur for £91m at the end of the first season.

Liverpool sold Origi at the end of season 1 to Lyon for £51m after playing 9 games a scoring once, Paolo Dybala seems to be his replacement for £102m, they also bought Alex Grimaldi before season 1 for £40m and sold him for £55m at the end of that season.

Arsenal finally got Zaha for £61m in Jan 21, using the money they got from Aubameyang move to Juve for £50m.

Spurs haven't sold anyone of note but did bring in Carvajal for the right back position for £42.5m.