If you still have activation issues (non phone) look here...

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
V4 worked for me..first time i tried it said i was unsuccessful, however i tried it again without doing anything and it worked.

great game

Where did you get it from? Did they send it to your e-mail, because I haven’t got any respond yet! Great to hear, I am looking so much forward to play that game. And do you use vista or xp?

Well done - its a toll free number...

I unplugged my cable and did this, done the whole process, the woman said activation successful but when i tried to start the game soft anchor screen again, really running out of ideas not sure whether to just try and get my money back now :(

none of these fix's seem to solve the problem if you need the internet to work them. what do the people do that dont have the internet on their desktop? seems to be that no1 has solved the fact of the activation screen repeatedly coming up even though it has been successfully activated threw phone!

has anyone solved this problem themselves or using some of these fix's?

I'm still trying getting this game to work (since friday). Trust me SI when I tell you that this is getting the most aggravating CM/FM ever!

Okay then...

Tried re-installing it in the hope of it "may" work. But now I'm back where I've started monday... waiting for a reaction from Steam. Have a look at the screenie:

steamworinggi8.th.jpgthpix.gif

none of these fix's seem to solve the problem if you need the internet to work them. what do the people do that dont have the internet on their desktop? seems to be that no1 has solved the fact of the activation screen repeatedly coming up even though it has been successfully activated threw phone!

has anyone solved this problem themselves or using some of these fix's?

Slippers - please use v6 - it does work! You can even the copy the Request.txt file onto somebody else's computer to upload, then take the Response.txt from their computer - load into yours and Activated - no phone call needed.

I'm still trying getting this game to work (since friday). Trust me SI when I tell you that this is getting the most aggravating CM/FM ever!

Okay then...

Tried re-installing it in the hope of it "may" work. But now I'm back where I've started monday... waiting for a reaction from Steam. Have a look at the screenie:

steamworinggi8.th.jpgthpix.gif

Hi Michael,

Please PM me your ticket number and I'll chase Steam directly for you. This is unacceptable :(

All -

V4 ended only working for about 10% of the people with problems. What we see most of the people with -10, -1, -703, 12029, 12007 are simply blocked from getting out on the internet with our activator. This has mostly been Vista Firewall - but there all sorts of reasons ranging from firewalls, to anti-virus to proxies servers, routers and more. In the most severe cases the only program that has internet access has been IE or Firefox.

So - we have created for you a disconnected Activator Fix. This fix will let you create a file, go to a website, upload the file, and then install a response file so that you can play the game without the game ever needing the internet. We hope this fixes the problem for most of you.

Note this is NOT official from SiGames yet - so the file isn't signed etc. But it should allow most of you to give it a try before it becomes an official fix. Please give it a spin.

Please download the fix here:

http://redsky.uniloc.com/FM2009/FixV6.zip

To use the fix do the following:

1) Download the file to your desktop

2) Unzip the contents of the file - You must unzip ALL of the files...

3) Click RunMe.exe

4) Enter your license key under the panel that reads "Step 1"

5) Press the "Save" button

6) Save the "Request.txt" file to your desktop

7) In Internet Explorer - go to http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/fileactivate.aspx - You may also click the link under the panel that says "Step 2"

8) Next, the web page you opened: use the "Browse" button to upload "Request.txt" to the server

9) Press "Upload" and upload the file to the server

10) The server will then ask you to save a file called "Response.txt"

11) Save this file to your desktop

12) Next, go back to the fix program. Under the panel that says "Step 3" press the "Load" button and then find Response.txt on your desktop

13) Once you load the file - the application will tell you if you have been successful.

14) If you are successful - start you game.

15) If you are not successful - please email us the error code at errors@uniloc.com and we will continue to try and help you.

Can I use your guide/fix when installing or re-installing the game?

Hi Michael,

Please PM me your ticket number and I'll chase Steam directly for you. This is unacceptable :(

Hi Muzchap

Thank you for ur help. it's really appreciated mate :)

Ticketnr.?

I've tried asking my problem on Steam's board. But I'm still on:

"Michael Osmann, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

"

hey, can somebody tell me why i dont have this soft anchor thing. After download nothing comes up and when i click thwe icon theres an application error. i dont have the internet on the comp i can play fm on. Its also difficult because i dont have the phone number extension thing which you apparently get when you click on the phone activation on soft anchor because i dont have it. any help because the number im using rings out?

I have the same problem as gregiboy, the comp I use for my football manager does not have the internet, therefore I just get an aplication error. Can I not use it without internet?

Application error? That means the game is activated... Please post in the technical section - this is only to fix Activation errors.

hey, can somebody tell me why i dont have this soft anchor thing. After download nothing comes up and when i click thwe icon theres an application error. i dont have the internet on the comp i can play fm on. Its also difficult because i dont have the phone number extension thing which you apparently get when you click on the phone activation on soft anchor because i dont have it. any help because the number im using rings out?

The software is activated if you get Activation Error - please post in the Bugs forum.

aah Finally I managed to activated FM09. Now I just have problem with xml something.

Will find the thread to that now.

what a blow fix v6 didnt work! tryed it twice! got could not validate code 0-0. i emailed uniloc see wht they can do! guessing it wont be solved anytime soon!

atleast mac patch is out so i can play it on my macbook but its far 2 slow. i like to run atleast 10 leagues and my mac cant do that.

what a blow fix v6 didnt work! tryed it twice! got could not validate code 0-0. i emailed uniloc see wht they can do! guessing it wont be solved anytime soon!

atleast mac patch is out so i can play it on my macbook but its far 2 slow. i like to run atleast 10 leagues and my mac cant do that.

Slipper please email again. Looking through the email queue for your issue now.

iv had a reply so im guessing you found it? got fix v7 to try which also didnt work
After launching the game i receive: Cannot Run game. Failed to set up graphics system. No one else seems to be having this problem so what's going on??:confused:

Hi - that is a known issue I think (not with drm). Check out this thread of know issues: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63556

Thanx Gregg,

I have sent an email but i thought i would post here my problem also...

I went throught it step by step, so fingers crossed it would work....of course it didnt..

I'm getting this fm.exe error report, any chance of a solution?

This means your game is activated - the FM.EXE crashing is a technical issue with the game - please post in the bug forum

im sorry as i guess you are getting alot of emails due to these problems. i activated ok on my mums laptop on the friday it was out, but now i have my own laptop it wont let me activate via steam. it says there is no internet connection. have you any ideas? i have checked the code already so i dont believe it is that.much appreciated jack

I'm still having problems with the activation key, the website http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ says

"You may have trouble deciphering some characters in the license key on your Football Manager 2009 packaging. Characters O and 0 as well I and 1 are printed in a very similar manner. To help with this – enter your key below and the system will determine if you have made a mistake and display the correct key below. From here COPY (Ctrl-C) the key and PASTE (Ctrl-V) the key into the Activation Dialog."

But when i make a mistake, it doesn't display the correct key, it remains the same, incorrect version that I typed in.

I'm still having problems with the activation key, the website http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ says

"You may have trouble deciphering some characters in the license key on your Football Manager 2009 packaging. Characters O and 0 as well I and 1 are printed in a very similar manner. To help with this – enter your key below and the system will determine if you have made a mistake and display the correct key below. From here COPY (Ctrl-C) the key and PASTE (Ctrl-V) the key into the Activation Dialog."

But when i make a mistake, it doesn't display the correct key, it remains the same, incorrect version that I typed in.

Please email your key to error@uniloc.com. We will be able to provide you with the correct key.

im sorry as i guess you are getting alot of emails due to these problems. i activated ok on my mums laptop on the friday it was out, but now i have my own laptop it wont let me activate via steam. it says there is no internet connection. have you any ideas? i have checked the code already so i dont believe it is that.much appreciated jack

Jako - some internet connections are blocking the activator. To get around this - download: http://www.footballmanager.com/fixv3.zip and follow the instructions in the first post (at the top).

If you have any trouble, or need help email error@uniloc.com.

IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ONE OF THESE ISSUES – PLEASE READ

When I try to activate, it says I'm not connected to the internet / other activation problems

OR

Error: You are receiving the Error ‘Product Key already Active’ message

OR

I’m receiving the Error [-10] what can I do?

OR

You are receiving a [-703] error: ‘We were unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key please visit sigames.com’

OR

You are receiving an Error [-821]

OR

Error: You are receiving the Error [-51] / [-52] message

OR

You receive the ‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.’

OR

You receive the ‘Error -10, -1, -703, 12029, 12007.’

What we see most of, is people with -10, -1, -703, 12029, 12007 errors, who are simply blocked from getting out on the internet with our activator. This has mostly been Vista Firewall - but there all sorts of reasons ranging from firewalls, to anti-virus to proxies servers, routers and more. In the most severe cases the only program with internet access has been IE or Firefox.

Therefore, we have created a disconnected Activator Fix. This fix will let you create a file, go to a website, upload the file, and then install a response file so that you can play the game without the game ever needing the internet. We hope this fixes the problem for most of you.

Please download the fix here:

http://www.footballmanager.com/fixv3.zip this is v8.0 - we haven't changed the url as other posts are linking

To use the fix, please do the following:

1) Download the file to your desktop

2) Unzip the contents of the file - You must unzip ALL of the files... (ActivatorDLL.dll, FootballManager2009.jpg and RunMe.exe)

3) Click RunMe.exe

4) Enter your license key under the panel that reads "Step 1"

5) Press the "Save" button

6) Save the "Request.txt" file to your desktop

7) In Internet Explorer - go to http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/fileactivate.aspx - You may also click the link under the panel that says "Step 2"

8) In the web page that you have opened, please use the "Browse" button to upload "Request.txt" to the server

9) Press "Upload" and upload the file to the server

10) The server will then ask you to save a file called "Response.txt"

11) Save this file to your desktop

12) Next, go back to the fix program. Under the panel that says "Step 3" press the "Load" button and then find Response.txt on your desktop, or wherever you saved it to in step 11, for Vista users the default is the ‘download’ folder in Users Documents, for XP users the default is typically the desktop.

13) Once you have loaded the file - the application will tell you if you have been successful.

14) If you are successful - Please start your game.

15) If you are not successful - please email us the error code at errors@uniloc.com and we will continue to try and help you.

Thank you for your continued patience

ANY POSTS THAT ARE DEEMED UNHELPFUL OR EFFECTIVELY MASK THIS THREAD WILL BE REMOVED WITHOUT WARNING - THIS IS TO BENEFIT THE PEOPLE THAT NEED ASSISTANCE - PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE TO AN ISSUE LISTED ABOVE - OR HAVE A NEW ACTIVATION ISSUE

After i click on the runme.exe i get an error message saying i need something called .NET framework v2.0.50737.

What do i do about this?

Hi, I know there seems to be a lot of different problems at the moment. I was wondering if anyone knows the best solution to my problem with football manager 2009. I have started about 3 different leagues, and within the first few games it comes up with saying there is an error on a blue screen, and then restarts the whole computer. How can i fix this.

Many thanks for any help

Archived