[FM20] Stuniverse's FM20 Adventure

Stuniverse

Game date: 12 July 2022

AMOS FACING UNCERTAIN FUTURE AT EASTER ROAD

HibsView understand from our source at Easter Road that Hibs 25 year-old midfielder Luke Amos is worried about his place in the team following the arrival of Sam Field.

20220712_Amos_unhappy3.thumb.png.161a84698388d8ec13ce6a8732e532e8.png

20220712_Amos_unhappy1.thumb.png.808243c95889b8d92b109c5d8ba90fdd.png

20220712_Amos_unhappy2.thumb.png.8c928829611e63d6cad14d4bc46918a0.png

Edited by Stuniverse

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Game date: 13 July 2022

HIBS SPLASH THE CASH FOR MIDDLETON

HibsView: Hibernian have signed 22 year-old left winger Glenn Middleton  from Rangers for a fee of £2.3M. Middleton has joined until the summer of 2026.

20220713_Middleton1A.png

20220713_Middleton1B.png

20220713_Middleton2A.png

20220713_Middleton2B.png

20220713_Middleton3.png

20220713_Middleton4.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: Wednesday 13th July 2022

Pre-match v Elgin City (a) - Betfred Cup Group A (4)

Match Preview

BC4_Elgin_preview.thumb.png.00f746b0ce897987fc33b97d617aad2c.png

HibsView: As you've already qualified from the Group, how seriously are you taking this match against League 2 Elgin City?

Stuniverse: Very seriously. We want to win this game and top the Group with a 100% record.

Team Selection

Unavailable:
Lewis Morgan (broken collarbone)
Lee Buchanan (knee)

Doubtful:
Glenn Middleton (calf-90)
Dean McMaster (ankle-45)

BC4_Elgin_selection.thumb.png.aeec2f76fcc098dad106f2a64d97ee36.png

HibsView: You've gone with the same lineup that hammered Stirling.

Stuniverse: Yes. The players were superb last time out and they deserve to go again. We'll give some of the other players a run-out against Odense Boldklub in the friendly.

Post-match: Elgin City (0) 0-6 (3) Hibernian

BC4_Elgin_report.thumb.png.df6706ba411de8aebe08282ce125ab2f.png

HibsView: You had to be patient but, once you got the first goal, the floodgates opened.

Stuniverse: Yes. For just over half an hour we created chances, but couldn't get the ball in the net. We'd already hit the woodwork twice before Lawrence Shankland slid in to knock the ball over the line on 34 minutes, after Ben Marshall's shot came back off the post. Barely two minutes later, Lawrence got his second when he headed in Stevie Mallan's free-kick. On 39 minutes, Stevie Mallan made it 3-0, volleying in James Husband's cross.

We made two substitutions on 55 minutes and within a minute, Fraser Hornby made it 4-0 heading home Daryl Horgan's cross. On the hour, Lawrence Shankland completed his hat-trick, nodding in Ronan Darcy's cross. Bright Enobakhare made it 6-0 after 62 minutes when he headed in Ben Marshall's free-kick.

BC4_Elgin_lgTab.thumb.png.b2f726995737e5513dd2518e8cb081e1.png

HibsView:  You've won the Group and are into the second round. Congratulations.

Stuniverse: Thank you. Playing teams from the Championship, League 1, League 2 and the Lowland League, we expected to win the Group. Football's not always that easy so we're delighted to have actually done it.

BC4_Elgin_stats.thumb.png.59e21b432bebd97452afa87ec5ae1162.png

BC4_Elgin_analysis.thumb.png.f64e188018b8da5b5d21997c96037d1d.png

Please LIKE if you enjoyed this update and FOLLOW the thread so you don't miss future updates.

Edited by Stuniverse

14 July 2022

GROUP A WINNERS V RUNNERS-UP

HibsView: The Betfred Cup Second Round draw has reunited Hibernian and Inverness Caledonian Thistle who played each other in Group A. Hibernian beat the Championship Club 3-1 at Easter Road in the opening game of Group A, a day before manager Stuniverse was appointed.

The Second Round cup-tie will also be played at Easter Road.

20220714_BC_2R_draw.thumb.png.8226c7ea05a2fe5a1e5571711364e266.png

Edited by Stuniverse

15 July 2022

HIBS SPEND AGAIN ON MAGENNIS

HibsView: After spending £2.3M on left-winger Glenn Middleton, Hibernian have spent £1.3M to sign St Mirren's 23 year-old midfielder Kyle Magennis on a contract that runs until 30th May 2026.

20220716_Magennis1.png

20220716_Magennis2.png

20220716_Magennis3.png

20220716_Magennis4.png

20220716_Magennis5_finances.png

Edited by Stuniverse

16 July 2022

DUMBARTON LOAN BRADLEY

HibsView: Hibernian's 20 year-old midfielder Steven Bradley has joined Dumbarton (League 1) on loan until the end of the season.

20220717_Bradley1.png

20220717_Bradley2.png

20220717_Bradley3.png

20220717_Bradley4.png

Edited by Stuniverse

16 July 2022

NEWCASTLE SIGN FISHER

HibsView: Newcastle United have signed Hibernian's 24 year-old goalkeeper Andrew Fisher for £32,500.

20220717_Fisher1.thumb.png.b6c71b7f1d947d1be76fb8e2068414a5.png

20220717_Fisher2.thumb.png.4e97ed48e9e41e150ed4f62eb71bc5b3.png

20220717_Fisher3.png

20220717_Fisher4.png

Edited by Stuniverse

16 July 2022

HAZARD MOVES TO ROSS COUNTY

HibsView: Ross County have signed Hibernian's 24 year-old goalkeeper Conor Hazard for a fee of £53,000.

20220716_Hazard1.png

20220716_Hazard2.png

20220716_Hazard3.png

20220716_Hazard4.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: Sunday 17th July 2022

Pre-match v Odense Boldklub (H) - Pre-season Friendly (2)

Match Preview

FR2_OB_preview.thumb.png.393ab2e1fe30eaf9189d28c79e4872b1.png

Team Selection

Unavailable:
Lee Buchanan (knee)

FR2_OB_selection.thumb.png.d4df7ac4213be64cd8afc65cc1838d40.png

HibsView: How are you approaching tonight's match with Danish Superliga Odense Boldklub?

Stuniverse: Well we want to win obviously. We've had two Betfred Cup games and used the same team pretty much so tonight's friendly is a chance to give the players who haven't played as much as we'd like some playing time.

Post-match: Hibernian (3) 4-1 (0) Odense Boldklub

FR2_OB_report.thumb.png.e1bc4b32f02bca81bbe3f36f4c153a75.png

HibsView: That was a comprehensive win. How did you see it?

Stuniverse: I thought we controlled the game throughout and deserved the victory. After eight minutes, Luke Amos headed in Kyle Magennis's cross. Rushian Hepburn-Murphy reacted quickest after 19 minutes to put us 2-0 up after their goalkeeper parried Mitch Clark's shot. After half an hour, Ronan Darcy headed in Kyle Edwards's corner. In the second-half, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy grabbed his second goal from the penalty spot. We switched off a bit and they pulled it back to 4-1 on 68 minutes.

FR2_OB_stats.thumb.png.00317a8a704b59a67360c2b3e450089f.png

HibsView:  In your four matches in charge, you've used three different tactics - 4-2-3-1, 4-1-2-3 and 4-4-2. In the last two matches you've used 4-4-2, like you did at Falkirk, is that what we can expect to see more of here?

Stuniverse: To be honest, I've not decided yet. I think, with the quality of the squad we have here, we should be able to adapt and be flexible enough to use more than one system.

FR2_OB_analysis.thumb.png.ab7cb7da9c497fa2ea14464b443eb8ad.png

Please LIKE if you enjoyed this update and FOLLOW the thread so you don't miss future updates.

Edited by Stuniverse

18 July 2022

STUNIVERSE NAMES HIBS CAPTAINS

HibsView: Hibernian manager Stuniverse has named his captains for the coming season. 32 year-old centre-back Paul Hanlon retains the captain's armband. 28 year-old centre-back Adam Jackson replaces 34 year-old right-back David Gray as vice-captain.

20220720_captains.png

20220720_captains_Hanlon.png

20220720_captains_Jackson.png

20220720_captains_Gray.png

Edited by Stuniverse

19 July 2022

FALKIRK SIGN SMALLWOOD

HibsView: Falkirk have signed Hibernian's 31 year-old defensive midfielder Richie Smallwood for £59,000.

20220719_smallwood1.png

20220719_smallwood2.png

20220719_smallwood3.png

20220719_smallwood4.png

Edited by Stuniverse

20 July 2022

KING HAS LEFT EASTER ROAD

HibsView: Hibernian and Andy King have agreed to cancel the 33 year-old midfielder's contract with immediate effect. King will now look for another club as a free agent.

20220719_king2.png

20220719_king3.png

20220719_king4.png

Edited by Stuniverse

20 July 2022

HIBS SECURE JONES LOAN

HibsView: Hibernian have secured the loan of Liverpool's 21 year-old left winger Curtis Jones until the end of the season.

20220720_Jones0.png

20220720_Jones1.png

20220720_Jones2.png

20220720_Jones3.png

20220720_Jones4_finances.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Hello readers it's me Jack Wilson of the Falkirk Harold with an emergency edition. As you all know popular Falkirk manager Stuniverse left the club months ago to manger Ladbrokes league rival Hibernian. He was kind enough to give us another exclusive interview. 

Stuniverse_Hibs.png Stuniverse_Hibs_dressing_room2.png

JW: Ok Mr. Stuniverse lets get down to business, why did you join Hibernian?

Stuniverse: 

Quite simply because they wanted me. From the vacancy becoming available, to me taking the job, took over a month and it was frustrating at times not knowing for definite that it was going to happen, but Hibernian’s owner Ronald Gordon was clear all the way through that I was their first choice. The problem was the compensation Falkirk wanted for me but, once I quit, it all fell into place pretty quickly after that.

I can’t tell you what a difference it makes working for an owner who wants to be at the club for the long-term, seeing eye-to-eye on the ambition for the success of the club, not just for this season, but for the next five, and having a budget that makes achieving those ambitions realistic. Challenging, but realistic.

JW: Now that you left Falkirk what are your thoughts on your former team and its fans?

Stuniverse: 

I have nothing but positive things to say about Falkirk, the place, the fans, and the players I worked with during my time there.

From the Kelpies, to the Falkirk Wheel, to the beautiful, surrounding area, what’s not to love about Falkirk. The people of Falkirk made me and my family feel welcome from the moment we arrived. Ye Bairns fans took to me straight away and were unwavering in their support for me, my backroom staff, and the players.

I can’t thank them enough for that. I will always be in debt to them and will look back on my time at Falkirk Stadium with great fondness.

I’m sorry it ended the way it did... but I had my reasons.

JW: It sounds like you loved your time at Falkirk so what happened? Why did it end?

Stuniverse: 

A lot of it was down to the owners, I’m afraid, both Lex Miller and then Grant Marr. 

In the first two seasons, Lex supported our aspirations of getting promoted first from League One and then from the Championship. I think we surprised him how quickly it happened, with back-to-back promotions. 

I knew from the outset that Lex was looking to sell and it was frustrating that seven or eight potential takeovers collapsed along the way. Financially, I’d always had good support from the owner, but that changed when we reached the Premiership. I was very disappointed with the budget increases after reaching the Premiership and we could never plan beyond the current season. Then we had the annoying timings of the embargoes, always during a transfer window when we needed to strengthen the squad.

As a manager, I always want to improve and I want the club I’m managing to improve season on season. Having finished 6th, missing out on Europe by two points, I wanted to push on and consolidate in the top half, challenging for Europe again, but Lex only wanted to avoid relegation.

Then the takeover went through and Grant came in as owner. Grant honoured the budgets Lex had set, but he also had the same expectation of avoiding relegation like Lex. Even his view of the five year plan didn’t extend to European qualification.

The final straw, for me, was when I realised Lex had borrowed money to buy the club. I thought: if he hadn’t got the money to buy the club, where is he going to find the money to support my ambitions for taking the club forward?

The wage budget Lex set, and Grant honoured, was £65,874. Any Ye Bairns fans criticising me for walking out should ask Grant why he slashed the wage budget to £39,000 for my successor?

JW: Will you be looking to sign any more Falkirk players? 

Stuniverse: 

Well, we’ve already signed Jahmal Hector-Ingram who was on loan at Falkirk in each of my three seasons there. I’d love to sign Adam Idah, the Premiership’s top goalscorer last season, but I’d already extended his loan at Falkirk until the end of next season.

I’m not sure yet if I’ll go back for any Falkirk players because I’m very happy with the players I’ve brought in this summer and the way our squad is shaping up.

The players I had at Falkirk worked incredibly hard for me, and they thoroughly deserved the success we achieved together but, without wanting to be disrespectful to them, the quality of my squad here at Hibernian has gone up a level or two and I’m not sure any of the players I worked with at Falkirk would make the match day 18 here.

JW: You took Jari Litmanen, Lee Miller, and David McCraken with you to Hibernian, what made you choose them?

Stuniverse: We worked very well together as a backroom team at Falkirk and all three of them showed tremendous solidarity by quitting Falkirk when I did. I wanted to repay that loyalty and I did. I look forward to working with them and the backroom staff I inherited here at Hibernian.

Part 2 coming soon

Part 2 

JW: How does it feel to have actual money to spend?

Stuniverse: 

It’s made it a lot easier to bring in players and build a squad we believe are capable of meeting our expectations. 

At Falkirk we had no problem identifying players who would improve us but, more often than not, we had two big issues to overcome. Firstly, over half of the players we identified had no desire to join Falkirk, even though we’d agreed terms with their club. Secondly, even if they did want to join us, we often couldn’t agree personal terms with them.

Obviously, we’re not going to be able to sign a Ronaldo, or a Messi, or a Neymar but I can honestly say that, here at Hibernian, we haven’t identified a serious target to improve us, who hasn’t wanted to join us and that frequently wasn’t the case at Falkirk. Also, we’ve only had three instances - Herbie Kane, Tasman Oakley-Boothe and Matt Clarke - where we’ve been unable to agree personal terms.

20220720_transfers.thumb.png.7aa8ee72a8961d694f1104dd4c5b9154.png

We’ve been busy. We’ve brought in 13 players, 12 for the first-team and and moved out 11, 12 including Andy King who mutually agreed the cancellation of his contract and, very graciously, waved his right to any compensation.

JW: What are your thoughts on the season ahead? 

Stuniverse: 

I’m really looking forward to it and I think this Hibernian squad will do significantly better than the 5th place they achieved last season. 

I knew Hibs had good players but, having worked with them for a short period of time, I’ve been even more impressed with them. Last season, Hibs set-up 4-5-1, or 4-1-4-1 if you prefer, and I think that may have been their downfall last term. We won’t be setting up as defensively as my predecessor did. 

Of course, Celtic and Rangers are on another level from the rest of the league, over 30 points clear of 3rd placed Aberdeen, but we believe we can compete with both of them each time we play them. Can we compete with them over a 38 game season? I’d like to think so but, that, may be asking too much this season.

Last season, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibernian and Falkirk were very close together and the European qualifying teams finished over 10 points clear of 7th placed Kilmarnock, who had the advantage of five games in the Relegation Group.

We firmly believe that, after Celtic and Rangers, we can be the best of the rest and we can close the gap between ourselves and the Old Firm clubs over the next few seasons.

JW: Thoughts on getting to play in the Europa League after all?

Stuniverse: 

This is still a sore topic for me. Last season we missed out at Falkirk, finishing two points behind Hibernian, but with a better goal difference. Hibs qualified for Europe, Falkirk didn’t, which is to my benefit now, but hurt at the time as, and I don’t know why, of the four Premiership games we played against Hibs, three were away and only one was at home.

Now, of course, we’re fully focussed on Hibernian and doing the best we can for the club. It will be my first venture into Europe as manager, but the players who were here last season reached the Euro Cup II 1st Knockout Round. We’ll be looking to those players, and the backroom staff who were here last season, to share their experiences with the rest of us.

2021-22_european_fixtures.thumb.png.557b71b89968eed24e976909537ba908.png

We’re all Looking forward to the European adventure and part of our thinking with all the new players we’ve brought in was to give us more strength-in-depth to better equip us for a Premiership and European campaign.

JW: What are your goals for the team?

Stuniverse: 

I’ve had some really good, constructive meetings with the owner Ronald Gordon and we’ve agreed a five-year Club Vision for Hibernian.

For now, for this season, we want to qualify for the Euro Cup and be challenging for silverware in the domestic Cup competitions.

20220720_club_vision.thumb.png.ff296a4f7dc20cad715dc10f4c04f5ce.png

We’re also aware of the intense rivalry with Hearts and want to bring the Hibees the bragging rights as many times as we can in the Edinburgh Derby.

We believe that if we progress, as we expect to as a football club, we can be challenging Celtic and Rangers within two or three seasons and will be aiming to qualify for the European Champions Cup.

The expectations are massive here at Hibernian, compared to Falkirk, and that’s going to bring a lot of pressure our way, but we believe we’re more than up to task and can bring success to this great club.

JW: What's going on with Luke Amos?

Stuniverse: 

Luke Amos is a very good, young central midfield player and I definitely see him being part of this squad and helping us achieve our goals for this season. 

Based on the squad I inherited, Luke and Stevie Mallan have the best shout at starting in central midfield. Then we had Sam Field on trial, he impressed us immensely, and we signed him, albeit we had to pay him £10K a week, which makes Sam our highest paid player.

The next day, Luke came to see me, worried about losing his place in the team. I told him we needed to improve the squad and it was down to him to work hard and prove he deserves a place in the starting 11. He wasn’t happy. The thing is, we’re going to give the Premiership a real go, we’re in Europe, and we’re going to take the Cups very, very seriously. Fatigue is going to be an issue, not to mention injuries and suspensions, so even with Sam joining, I still see Luke and Stevie getting plenty of playing time.

Luke doesn’t see it that way and he’s even gone public with his concerns so, for now, let’s just say I’m not impressed by his attitude.

JW: Rumors had you linked with Blackburn this summer, what was that all about?

Stuniverse: 

Yes, I was offered the Blackburn job. They invited me to an interview while I was still at Falkirk, around the time Lex Miller imposed an embargo and was in takeover talks with Grant Marr. You have to bear in mind that Lex had a track record of entering takeover talks and then letting them collapse. He’d done it seven or eight times before, so I had no confidence in this takeover going through and I’d decided if Lex didn’t sell I was looking for another job as three seasons was long enough for anyone to work under that uncertainty.

I attended the interview and Blackburn offered me the job. By then, though, the Hibernian job had become available and I was really interested in talking to Hibs. So I asked Blackburn for a week’s delay, then I asked for another week’s delay as I still hadn’t heard anything from Hibs. At this point I publicly declared my interest in the Hibernian managerial vacancy. Blackburn didn’t like that and withdrew their job offer. I can’t say I blame them really.

JW: Thank you Mr. Stuniverse good luck on your upcoming career with Hibernian, but hopefully not too much luck. 

Game date: Wednesday 21st July 2022

Pre-match v HNK Gorica (H) - Euro Cup II Best Placed 2nd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg

Match Preview

ECII_2Q_1L_Gorica_preview.thumb.png.01d27e71f02ba5f2b847d8600ebaffe5.png

HibsView: This is your first foray into European football. What are you expecting?

Stuniverse: It'll be an interesting challenge for us. To be honest, we know very little about our opponents HNK Gorica and we don't really know how the Croatian First League compares to the Premiership. We've prepared as thoroughly as we can, we've trained hard, and we're confident.

HibsView: Is it true that Clark, Gordon and Hendry have fallen out ith you over your decision to exclude them from the Euro Cup squad?

Stuniverse: We have a fairly big squad, which we'll need to compete in the Premiership, the Euro Cup, and the domestic Cups. Unfortunately, due to the registration rules, I couldn't register everybody. Six players were unregistered but, yes, those three - Mitch Clark, Liam Gordon and Jack Hendry - are the only ones who kicked-up a fuss about it.

Team Selection

Unregistered: David Gray, Mitch Clark, Stephen MacKay, Lee Buchanan (knee), Liam Gordon, Jack Hendry, Kyle Edwards (groin), Lewis Morgan (broken collarbone). 

ECII_2Q_1L_Gorica_selection.thumb.png.ec5d0179c66ec6c9a85e248796d4345a.png

HibsView: Just the one change from your previous competitive match against Elgin City.

Stuniverse: Yes. We made a lot of changes for the Odense Boldklub friendly but, you're right, only one change from the Elgin Betfred Cup-tie with Curtis Jones making his debut in place of Daryl Horgan. There's only five substitutes allowed which made it challenging selecting who would sit on the bench.

Post-match: Hibernian (1) 4-0 (0) HNK Gorica

ECII_2Q_1L_Gorica_report.thumb.png.dcbd2fb0a1b3d29a478b9af1f6d69728.png

HibsView: Well that was very impressive.

Stuniverse: Thank you. I thought we were totally in control from first whistle to last and Ofir Marciano, in our goal, was hardly troubled. Fraser Hornby gave us the lead on 25 minutes, after a great run down the right-wing by Ben Marshall led to something of a pinball-like goal mouth scramble with Sam Field and Stevie Mallan both having shots blocked. We could, perhaps should have gone in 2-0 up at the break but Lawrence Shankland hit the crossbar. Fraser Hornby did double our lead on 68 minutes when he headed in Stevie Mallan's cross. Lawrence Shankland made it 3-0 after 77 minutes, heading home Fraser Hornby's cross. It was 4-0 after 82 minutes when Lawrence Shankland sent their goalkeeper the wrong way from the penalty spot.

ECII_2Q_1L_Gorica_stats.thumb.png.eb701a42c5dd380e5b656f1572e58005.png

HibsView: Surely that as good as puts you in the next round, doesn't it?

Stuniverse: We won't be thinking like that. It will be a lot harder in Croatia and I'm sure Gorica will play a lot better than they did tonight.

ECII_2Q_1L_Gorica_analysis.thumb.png.f25e7d774e16859ba1aa3e193dc4e6e4.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: 23 July 2022

HIBERNIAN - BOARD EXPECTATIONS 2022/23 SEASON

HibsView understand that Hibernian owner Ronald Gordon and the Board's expectations for the coming season are:

20220723_board_expectations.thumb.png.03a522be7cbd7f6ac0fc37c89e95021b.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: Sunday 24th July 2022

Pre-match v Celtic (H) - Ladbrokes Premiership (1)

Match Preview

SPL1_Celtic_preview.thumb.png.7a303e3e2e5cdb37e409b79cca98fc4a.png

HibsView: As Premiership openers go, it doesn't get any more difficult than Celtic, does it?

Stuniverse: Well, no it doesn't, you have to go back to the 2010/11 season for the last time someone other than Celtic were crowned Champions. At least we're playing at home, it would have been more difficult at Celtic Park. We're unbeaten so far in the Euro Cup, the Betfred Cup, and friendlies. We're playing well and I expect the Easter Road crowd to be right behind us, cheering us on. We've brought in quite a few new players this summer and Celtic will be an early litmus test as to how our squad is shaping up.

Team Selection

Unavailable:
Lee Buchanan (knee)

Doubtful:
Kyle Edwards (groin-90)

SPL1_Celtic_selection.thumb.png.f4666a3c1fcbb8742e36b73e1ed05555.png

HibsView: You've gone with the same starting lineup that played in the Euro Cup?

Stuniverse: That's right. The players were excellent against Gorica and they deserve to keep their shirts and take on Celtic. It is the same 11, but we do have a surprise up our sleeve for Neil Lennon's Celtic.

Post-match: Hibernian (1) 1-2 (1) Celtic

SPL1_Celtic_report.thumb.png.d4a9b8579bbb8b278754a2e6164a313a.png

HibsView: You started 4-2-3-1 but you soon changed during the match. How disappointed were you to lose it late-on?

Stuniverse: Very. Very disappointed. We were always hanging on, I thought, never really able to assert ourselves on the game, but we felt we might get a draw out of it. But it wasn't to be. We started off 4-2-3-1, as you said, and we were doing ok, but Celtic took the lead before we'd played a quarter-of-an-hour. We switched to 4-4-2 and Lawrence Shankland equalised on 25 minutes, heading in James Husband's cross. Celtic always had control of the game, I thought, and that continued after the break. We tweaked a few things, and worked hard, but we never quite got the upper hand. We lost Anthony Ralston to a knock which meant Kyle Magennis had to come on and play out-of-position at right-back. Unfortunately, we couldn't hold out for the draw as Celtic grabbed a late winner. To be fair, they deserved the win as we didn't do enough over the 90 minutes.

SPL1_Celtic_lgTab.thumb.png.74bd0f05808628929bb20d099f677007.png

SPL1_Celtic_stats.thumb.png.cc40711bd45e28376647a1d03b05cdb1.png

SPL1_Celtic_analysis.thumb.png.49a4371ea91e1a5f939d925ab8d76a44.png

Edited by Stuniverse

24 July 2022

LENNON HAPPY TO SHOW UP STUNIVERSE

HibsView: It was widely reported by BairnsNews and other media that Celtic manager Neil Lennon had a grudge with Hibernian manager Stuniverse when Stuniverse managed Falkirk. After Celtic's 2-1 victory at Easter Road, Lennon has shown in his press conferences that he continues to hold a grudge.

20220724_Lennon.thumb.png.4429ff96d1c95d50a76e65749098bf67.png

20220724_Lennon2.thumb.png.2346264e519b31aa4c44bf8d82b51804.png

Edited by Stuniverse

25 July 2022

ABERDEEN SIGN HICKEY

HibsView: Abrdeen have completed the signing of Hibernian's 17 year-old right-back Neil Hickey for a fee of £9K, that could eventually rise to £34,500.

20220725_Hickey1.thumb.png.f2e21e403027e193c8a3104b95750c78.png

20220725_Hickey2.thumb.png.ed6378a7ea969707bfe6992577685a99.png

20220725_Hickey3.thumb.png.b818da8820f1713cc2a15e40653b5c44.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: Thursday 28th July 2022

Pre-match v HNK Gorica (a) - Euro Cup II Best Placed 2nd Qualifying Round, 2nd Leg

Match Preview

ECII_2Q_2L_Gorica_preview.thumb.png.7a724d887c037bc205a7d643d96c8ab7.png

HibsView: With a 4-0 first leg lead, that should be more than enough to see you through already, isn't it?

Stuniverse: We've put ourselves into a great position after the home leg but we have to make sure we get the job done tonight.

Team Selection

Unregistered: David Gray, Mitch Clark, Stephen MacKay, Lee Buchanan (knee), Liam Gordon, Jack Hendry, Kyle Edwards, Lewis Morgan (broken collarbone). 

Doubtful:
Bright Enobakhare (groin-90)

ECII_2Q_2L_Gorica_selection.thumb.png.95d5e1c2ef2a623c91ede5596a0a4063.png

HibsView: One change from Celtic.

Stuniverse: Yes. Daryl Horgan comes in on the right-wing for Ben Marshall who didn't have the best of games against Celtic.

Post-match: HNK Gorica (1) 2-1 (0) Hibernian
Hibernian win 5-2 on aggregate

ECII_2Q_2L_Gorica_report.thumb.png.c8c7f61d43678b6bcda796a912a2aa44.png

HibsView: A loss on the night, but you're through on aggregate.

Stuniverse: Yes. We're delighted to have made it through to the next round. Overall, I thought we played well and didn't deserve to lose the leg. We created plenty of chances but didn't convert enough. I was very pleased with the way we started the game. We were bright, on the front foot, we pushed them back and created some chances. But then Joey Suk scored a wonder goal to give them a 21st minute lead on the night. Then five minutes after the restart they pulled it back to 4-2 on aggregate from a corner. It got a bit tense at that point, but we handled it well. On 71 minutes, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy buried Fraser Hornby's low cross and we could breathe again.

ECII_2Q_2L_Gorica_stats.thumb.png.86fffda8f8a26fb5ddc9c6ad8222afba.png

ECII_2Q_2L_Gorica_analysis.thumb.png.6c8a60167baaabe6cf2a62e666babb2d.png

Edited by Stuniverse

29 July 2022

NEXT UP PANATHINAIKOS

HibsView: Hibernian will play Greek Superleague side Panathinaikos in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Euro Cup II. Hibs will be at home for the first leg and a sell-out is expected at Easter Road.

20220728_ECII_3Q_draw.thumb.png.6e839086a833f99671c1222561374c80.png

Edited by Stuniverse

30 July 2022

MURRAY JOINS ARBROATH

HibsView: Ladbrokes Championship side Arbroath have snapped up Hibernian's 23 year-old attacking midfielder Fraser Murray on a free transfer.

20220730_Murray1.thumb.png.f1ff16d8b2b776d594b035298164282b.png

20220730_Murray2.thumb.png.d05ed5a19ca6b2ce172cf3b61d95dde1.png

20220730_Murray3.thumb.png.5ccbafe8467d9a17785b6c978fb6e761.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: Sunday 31st July 2022

Pre-match v Inverness Caledonian Thistle (H) - Betfred Cup Second Round

Match Preview

BC2_Inverness_preview.thumb.png.766e19de7b1273ce715d6e3bf2c5f5dc.png

HibsView: How do you approach a home match against a Championship team in the Betfred Cup?

Stuniverse: Exactly the same as we'd prepare for any other game. Inverness were a Premiership side not so long ago and they're rightly one of the favourites for promotion this season. We have to take them seriously and we'll need to work hard and perform well to get through to the next round.

Team Selection

Unavailable:
Kyle Magenns (cup-tied)

Doubtful:
Lee Buchanan (knee-45)
Kyle Edwards (groin-90)

BC2_Inverness_selection.thumb.png.bc1966132bebe0b2f4b6c42bcb9d5987.png

HibsView: An unchanged team.

Stuniverse: That's right. No changes. It's good to be able to name seven subs again though.

Post-match: Hibernian (3) 3-1 (0) Inverness Caledonian Thistle

BC2_Inverness_report.thumb.png.d23572965d43c2494f6027ef00ef22d9.png

HibsView: Congratulations on reaching the Quarter-Finals.

Stuniverse: Thank you. We played very well in the first-half, less so in the second. Fraser Hornby headed in Stevie Mallan's 18th minute corner to give us the lead. Lawrence Shankland made it 2-0 on 40 minutes after good work by Curtis Jones and Stevie Mallan. Lawrence Shankland then got on the end of a lovely Stevie Mallan through ball to make it 3-0 in added-on time. After the break, Inverness hit us with an incisive counter-attack to pull it back to 3-1.

BC2_Inverness_inj.thumb.png.7bffc94716bae79285824ae7d8123d9b.png

HibsView: Your captain was taken off injured. How is he?

Stuniverse: We'll need an x-ray to confirm, but it looks like Paul Hanlon's broken a toe. He'll be out for some time.

BC2_Inverness_stats.thumb.png.1be2803100c9e7c37cd31e0c6e746d0d.png

BC2_Inverness_analysis.thumb.png.fe9fb416f240cdd433b0d53811e48074.png

Edited by Stuniverse

31 July 2022

HIBERNIAN - AUGUST FIXTURES

HibsView: Hibernian will face four Premiership fixtures in August, three away from Easter Road, plus both legs of the Euro Cup II Third Qualifying Round against Panathinaikos.

The highlight of the Premiership matches will be Stuniverse's return to the Falkirk Stadium for the first time as Hibernian manager.

20220731_fixtures.thumb.png.71dcc95d6a43e24475feb3a2d83ab830.png

Edited by Stuniverse

1 hour ago, JaytheGreat said:

It appears Neil Lennon and Celtic's time in the shade is just about up. 

It would be nice to think so, @JaytheGreat, but unfortunately when we played them at Easter Road they beat us 2-1 and it was as comprehensive a 2-1 win as you can get. At times they were running rings around us. We have a lot of work to do to yet...

Game date: Thursday 4th August 2022

Pre-match v Panathinaikos (H) - Euro Cup II Best Placed Third Qualifying Round, 1st Leg

Match Preview

EC_3Q_1L_Panathinaikos_preview.thumb.png.c4acb4e235b544dbb017bdb14f2e26c0.png

HibsView: Another European tie on a Thursday evening at Easter Road.

Stuniverse: Yes. We've played a lot of cup-ties - Betfred Cup and Euro Cup II - but only one Premiership game so far. We play Panathinaikos tonight and we're no too sure what to expect from the Greek Superleague side.

Team Selection

Unregistered: David Gray, Stephen MacKay, Lee Buchanan, Liam Gordon, Jack Hendry, Luke Amos, Kyle Edwards, Lewis Morgan (broken collarbone). 

Unavailable:
Paul Hanlon (broken toe)

Doubtful:
Kyle Magennis (ankle-90)

EC_3Q_1L_Panathinaikos_selection.thumb.png.fe7338193feff64912704cb7b32b6fc7.png

HibsView: Two changes today.

Stuniverse: Yes. One of them is forced with our captain Paul Hanlon having broken his toe. Ryan Porteous comes in for him. On the right-wing, Ben Marshall replaces Daryl Horgan.

Post-match: Hibernian (5) 5-0 (0) Panathinaikos

EC_3Q_1L_Panathinaikos_report.thumb.png.c5805b9712b7f81499f947b2f0300096.png

HibsView: Another impressive first-half where you blew your opponents away.

Stuniverse: Yes. I don't think the first 45 minutes could have gone any better. We only had to wait eight minutes for the first-goal, Lawrence Shankland finishing confidently when one-on-one with the goalkeeper, after being put clean through by Ben Marshall. The two of them then reversed roles for our second goal, 10 minutes later, with Ben Marshall hitting a ferocious volley from Lawrence Shankland's cross. Lawrence Shankland then set-up his strike partner Fraser Hornby to make it 3-0 on 21 minutes. Fraser Horby scored his second, on 28 minutes, heading home Anthony Ralston's cross for 4-0. Ben Marshall then scored his second, making it 5-0 on 38 minutes, heading in James Husbands's cross. After the break, we made a few changes, and tried a few different things, but were unable to add to our goals tally. We also got a bit lucky when they hit the crossbar late-on and Ofir Marciano had to make a couple of fine saves.

EC_3Q_1L_Panathinaikos_stats.thumb.png.617e18ee24551a42469e72fed0bacc98.png

HibsView: You changed from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 about five minutes into the second-half. What was your thinking there?

Stuniverse: Yes, we did. We've been working on a couple of other systems in training and felt this was a good opportunity to give one of them a test-drive. I thought we continued to push forward but, clearly, we're not as comfortable with this system... yet. Overall I was pleased with our concentration levels and defending as Panathinaikos came very close to grabbing an away goal, but we did enough to keep them out.

EC_3Q_1L_Panathinaikos_analysis.thumb.png.6a9943c78cdf1cf822708a011362bbfd.png

Edited by Stuniverse

6 August 2022

REAL SALT LAKE CHASE SHANKLAND

HibsView understand Hibernian have rejected a £2.7M bid from Real Salt Lake (MLS) for 26 year-old striker Lawerence Shankland.

20220806_Shankland_bid_rejected.thumb.png.a5b96ce4346382dc38b1a93c903220d7.png

20220806_Shankland_bid_rejected2.thumb.png.a40e1267791ce75180ebd696ccaccc6a.png

Game date: Sunday 7th August 2022

Pre-match v Livingston (a) - Ladbrokes Premiership (2)

Match Preview

SP2_Livingston_preview.thumb.png.67b32e09a03275534f925a5af0910c38.png

HibsView: Both you and Livingston lost tough opening matches, you lost 2-1 to Celtic and Rangers beat Livingston 2-0. You must be wanting to bounce back to winning ways at the Tony Macaroni Arena?

Stuniverse: Of course. I'm sure Livingston will want to get the win as well, in front of their own fans, so we're expecting a difficult afternoon. That said, we're disappointed not to have taken a point off Celtic and my players are itching to put the record straight, and a win against Livingston today would make everybody feel a lot better and set us back on the right course.

Team Selection

Unavailable:
Paul Hanlon (broken toe)

Doubtful:
Lee Buchanan (knee-45)
Kyle Magennis (ankle-90)

SP2_Livingston_selection.thumb.png.b9e787c91ca6074b0947681e758d744c.png

HibsView: An unchanged side again today?

Stuniverse: Yes. The players performed very well against Panathinaikos and deserve to go again. We'll look at fitness levels early in the week and think about possible changes for the Euro Cup II second leg in Greece then. For today, we're not thinking beyond today's Premiership game and what gives us the best chance of getting three points against Livingston.

Post-match: Livingston (0) 1-4 (4) Hibernian

SP2_Livingston_report.thumb.png.490a4e9092ecf124b9ebb77ff434cc93.png

HibsView: Another impressive first-half performance.

Stuniverse: Yes, indeed. We took an early lead through an 8th minute Lawrence Shankland penalty, after Curtis Jones had been fouled in the penalty area. Lawrence then scored a second, a minute later, converting Stevie Mallan's corner at the second attempt from a tight angle, after their goalkeeper parried his initial header. Lawrence completed his hat-tick on 20 minutes, coolly converting his second penalty of the afternoon, after being tripped himself. Curtis Jones made it 4-0 on 39 minutes when he calmly controlled Anthony Ralston's cross, created space for himself, and leathered the ball into the bottom corner. Fair play to Livingston, they made changes for the second-half, kept going, and pulled a goal back on 79 minutes, although we should have defended the far post better than we did from their free-kick.

SP2_Livingston_lgTab.thumb.png.0e0592001ac15f76ffef75119721a829.png

SP2_Livingston_stats.thumb.png.4decd926a9efe5f455d28a444c874fc3.png

SP2_Livingston_analysis.thumb.png.19ff66785f4b93788cf73599077d61b0.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: Thursday 11th August 2022

Pre-match v Panathinaikos (a) - Euro Cup II Best Placed Third Qualifying Round, 2nd Leg

Match Preview

EC_3Q_IL_Panathinaikos_preview.thumb.png.1a8938cc5fdec88235063497b38cb15c.png

HibsView: A second-leg in Greece. You hold a 5-0 lead from the first-leg and I imagine you're expecting to go through.

Stuniverse: Of course. We have to take Panathinaikos seriously, avoid complacency, and work hard but, I agree, if we throw away a 5-0 first-leg lead we need shooting.

Team Selection

Unregistered: David Gray, Stephen MacKay, Lee Buchanan (knee-45), Liam Gordon, Jack Hendry, Luke Amos, Kyle Edwards, Lewis Morgan (broken collarbone). 

Unavailable:
Paul Hanlon (broken toe)

Doubtful:
Kyle Magennis (ankle-90)
Mitch Clark (thigh-90/fatigued)

EC_3Q_IL_Panathinaikos_selection.thumb.png.f8b89a5174f49d5b50eb8d0b5bda94ae.png

HibsView: I make that nine changes tonight. Aren't you disrespecting Panathinaikos making that many changes?

Stuniverse: No. I don't think so. I've told all the players that we're going to need the whole squad to meet our expectations across all competitions this season. So far, I haven't really used the squad and we see tonight as the perfect opportunity to do just that.

Kieran O'Hara takes the gloves from Ofir Marciano. Mitch Clark comes in at right-back for Anthony Ralston. Connor Johnson starts at centre-back, giving Adam Jackson a well deserved rest. In midfield, Ronan Darcy and Dean McMaster come in for Stevie Mallan and Sam Field. Out wide, Daryl Horgan and Glenn Middleton for Ben Marshall and Curtis Jones. Up front, Bright Enobakhare and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy for Fraser Hornby and Lawrence Shankland.

Post-match: Panathinaikos (1) 1-2 (2) Hibernian
Hibernian win 7-1 on aggregate

EC_3Q_IL_Panathinaikos_report.thumb.png.355f23b54d1bd09244a37ad3238f46a4.png

HibsView: A good win for your second-string.

Stuniverse: A good win, yes, but this wasn't my 'second-string'. The players who played tonight are all part of my squad and we'll need all of them to play their part this season.

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy gave us a 2nd minute lead, after Bright Enobakhare won possession in their half. Rushian got a second, a minute later, heading in Glenn Middleton's cross from the edge of the six-yard box. We probably made a mistake starting Mitch Clark; we thought he'd be ok, but he was struggling after about 20 minutes and we replaced him after Panathinaikos pulled a goal back. The tie was, effectively, over by half-time and I think Panathinaikos realised that as well. Not much happened after the break.

EC_3Q_IL_Panathinaikos_stats.thumb.png.55cff8f55ee42bea79349075ff24d448.png

EC_3Q_IL_Panathinaikos_analysis.thumb.png.412c090ad7730626e5a42b38a36476bc.png

Edited by Stuniverse

11 August 2022

CROATIA, THEN GREECE, NOW SWEDEN

HibsView: Hibernian have been drawn against Swedish Premier Division Malmo FF in the Fourth Qualifying Round of the Euro Cup II.

Both legs will be played this month, with Hibs home at Easter Road for the second-leg.

20220806_EC_4Q_draw.thumb.png.058db8370deb5533ecc308da233fc3ab.png

20220806_EC_4Q_draw_fixtures.thumb.png.72b039ab6c2c6b8825341c3e4c763281.png

14 August 2022

HIBS TAKEOVER RUMOURS NOT TO BELIEVED

HibsView: Despite growing rumours about a possible takeover at Easter Road, we understand it would take an offer truly worthy of consideration for Hibernian owner Ronald Gordon to even consider entering into talks to sell the football club he loves.

20220814_takeover_rumours_no.thumb.png.84c0b4b022eee83fd0c7c6cf6a522a71.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: Sunday 14th August 2022

Pre-match v Falkirk (a) - Ladbrokes Premiership (3)

Match Preview

SP3_Falkirk_preview.thumb.png.b89b8ee099a6934dd7205710efee77df.png

HibsView: How do you feel ahead of your first return to Falkirk Stadium as Hibernian manager?

Stuniverse: I'm excited, obviously, but it's important we keep our focus. Today isn't, and shouldn't, be about me. It's about the Hibernian and Falkirk players and we're determined to get a positive result.

HibsView: Falkirk have lost both their Premiership fixtures - 2-1 against Motherwell and 2-0 at Celtic. Can you make it three defeat out of three for the Bairns?

Stuniverse: We're only two games into the Premiership season, and Falkirk are still in the Betfred Cup, so we need to take them seriously today and, as I now only too well, Falkirk have some very good players, including last season's top Premiership goalscorer Adam Idah.

Team Selection

Unavailable:
Paul Hanlon (broken toe)

Doubtful:
Lewis Morgan (broken collarbone-30)
Mitch Clark (thigh-90)

SP3_Falkirk_selection.thumb.png.42e4c6299ea0839504d36ea1bea5618b.png

HibsView: Today you've, basically, reversed all your changes from the Panathinaikos second-leg, except one. 

Stuniverse: I don't approach it like that so I'll take your word for it. Ofir Marciano (GK), Anthony Ralson (DR), Adam Jackson (DC), Stevie Mallan (MC), Sam Field (MC), Curtis Jones (AML), Lawrence Shankland (SC) and Fraser Hornby (SC) for Kieran O'Hara, Mitch Clark, Connor Johnson, Ronan Darcy, Dean McMaster, Bright Enobkhare, Glenn Middleton and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy.

Post-match: Falkirk (1) 1-3 (2) Hibernian

SP3_Falkirk_report.thumb.png.307fb838817596cb1e08840dc1639c78.png

HibsView: Did you show Ye Bairns fans today that you were right to leave Falkirk Stadium for Easter Road?

Stuniverse: No. Definitely not. Today isn't about me, at all. I'm delighted my Hibernian side were able to beat Falkirk at Falkirk Stadium, but that's as far as it goes.

HibsView: What did you make of today's game?

Stuniverse: Falkirk started brightly, as we expected, but we weathered the storm and Anthony Ralston gave us a 20th minute lead with a brilliant run down the right-wing, cut inside, and shot low into the bottom corner. I know first-hand how good a goalkeeer Robert Sanchez is and it needs a very good strike to beat him. Falkirk equalised on 24 minutes with a superb strike from Ryan Leonard, a player they signed in the summer. Lawrence Shankland restored our lead, just before half-time, heading home Stevie Mallan's free-kick.

Falkirk defended well after the break and we couldn't stretch our lead to two goals which would have made things more comfortable for us. In the last 10 minutes they played with three out-and-out strikers and threw everything at us. Adam Idah hit the post and we had to defend for our lives. Then, deep into added on time, great work by Kyle Magennis and Curtis Jones, set Lawrence Shankland up to make it 3-1 and secure the points.

SP3_Falkirk_lgTab.thumb.png.09d306f08a9106772b4efcd835794f87.png

HibsView: The win puts you 3rd in the Premiership behind Celtic and Rangers.

Stuniverse: It's early days, we've only played three Premiership games, but that's exactly where we believe this Hibernian squad should be this season. Leading the race to challenge the Old Firm two.

SP3_Falkirk_YeBairns.thumb.png.3c5e655d017589546aa1a0ecb095d8b2.png

HibsView: On a personal level, you received a warm reception from Ye Bairns supporters on your return to Falkirk Stadium. Do you share a mutual affection for the club?

Stuniverse: I do, I had a great time at Falkirk and the club still has a special place in my heart. It was touching to know Ye Bairns fans appreciated the three successful seasons we had together, even though I'm now the enemy.

SP3_Falkirk_stats.thumb.png.761979070075843bd05d14cdfbd4ee24.png

SP3_Falkirk_analysis.thumb.png.5deb062f63f86d4366f7f95b0d542461.png

Edited by Stuniverse

7 minutes ago, JaytheGreat said:

Big win over Falkirk, during what I'm sure was an emotional day.

Thanks, @JaytheGreat. Ye Bairns fans gave me a warm reception on my return to Falkirk Stadium and it was emotional, even though I was trying not to make it about me.

At 2-1 we were holding on at the end and riding our luck defensively. The way I celebrated our 90+4 minute goal that made it 3-1 and secured the three points, I'm not sure I'll get such a warm reception next time. 

Sadly, Falkirk are now rock bottom of the Premiership, the only team with no points.

Edited by Stuniverse

15 August 2022

SECOND SHANKLAND BID KNOCKED BACK

Hibs View: Real Salt Lake have had a second, improved bid of £4.2M for Hibernian's 27 year-old striker Lawrence Shankland rejected.

20220815_SaltLake_bid_reject1.thumb.png.18c5b24c743df359ee3e37c36703d02d.png

20220815_SaltLake_bid_reject2.thumb.png.e2825347e4dad6daa7d6a2d23cdb3947.png

Game date:  Thursday 18th August 2022

Pre-match v Malmo FF (a) - Euro Cup II Best Placed Fourth Qualifying Round, 1st Leg

Match Preview

EC_4Q_1L_Malmo_preview.thumb.png.dcba07a704c306579b2b712cd086705c.png

HibsView: In the previous two Qualifying Rounds, you played the first leg at home at Easter Road. What difference will playing the first leg away in Sweden make?

Stuniverse: I'm not sure what to expect really as we have no idea how the Swedish Premier Division compares to our Premiership. We've prepared for the Malmo away tie, the same way we have any other game. As long as we're still in the tie, we'll have our home crowd cheering us on at Easter Road in the second leg.

Team Selection

Unregistered: Ross Doohan, David Gray, Lee Buchanan, Liam Gordon, Jack Hendry, Luke Amos, Kyle Edwards, Lewis Morgan. 

Unavailable:
Paul Hanlon (broken toe)

Doubtful:
Mitch Clark (thigh-90)

EC_4Q_1L_Malmo_selection.thumb.png.e7452ac4b8e0fb6cbca6dbeaa4d66fdf.png

HibsView: Just the one change tonight.

Stuniverse: Yes. Ben Marshall comes in at right-wing for Daryl Horgan.

Post-match: Malmo FF (1) 1-3 (2) Hibernian

EC_4Q_1L_Malmo_report.thumb.png.25924321843f6abbe982c9c661b0fe35.png

HibsView: That was some away leg, with three away goals into the bargain. Congratulations.

Stuniverse: Thank you. I must admit, I was surprised how negatively and defensively Malmo approached their home-leg but, take nothing away from my players, I thought they were magnificent throughout and thoroughly deserved the win. Ben Marshall gave us a 5th minute lead, half-volleying in James Husband's cross. Malmo caught us out on 10 minutes with a routine ball over the top that we should've dealt with. 1-1. On 22 minutes we did the same to them, Ben Marshall's ball over the top put Lawrence Shankland clean through and he made it 2-1. We could've had a third when Anthony Ralston rasped a shot against the post just before half-time. 52 minutes in, and we went 3-1 up when Curtis Jones teed up Ben Marshall to hit a spectacular volley from outside the 'D' of the penalty area. To be fair, Malmo hardly troubled Ofir Marciano in our goal all game.

EC_4Q_1L_Malmo_stats.thumb.png.80ec8726eba91b8666a98b360bf8f616.png

EC_4Q_1L_Malmo_analysis.thumb.png.30618dac5ed623f0a053d50681668da2.png

Edited by Stuniverse

20 August 2022

CELTIC JOIN SHANKLAND CHASE

HibsView understand Celtic are weighing up a bid for Hibernian's 27 year-old striker Lawrence Shankland. Hibs manager Stuniverse, who has already rejected two bids for Shankland from Real Salt Lake, has issued a hands-off warning.

20220820_Shankland_Celtic1.thumb.png.0b2e681769f56729c1d8b683606051a8.png

20220820_Shankland_Celtic2.thumb.png.5e0363e3e6e8b8c9ecff5d5ef8e155b7.png

20220820_Shankland_Celtic3.thumb.png.7b41a6df6bc9221a654744a152b716c4.png

Game date: Sunday 21st August 2022

Pre-match v Kilmarnock (H) - Ladbrokes Premiership (4)

Match Preview

SP4_Kilmarnock_preview.thumb.png.117959aee6bde7a3db78935979457776.png

HibsView: You and Kilmarnock both have six points from three matches. A win would put you in a great league position early in the season, wouldn't it?

Stuniverse: Yes, it most certainly would. Kilmarnock are a good side so we'll need to be on it to get the result we want. Hopefully, the Easter Road crowd will help us get over the line.

Team Selection

Unavailable:
Paul Hanlon (broken toe)

Doubtful:
Lewis Morgan (broken collarbone-45)
Mitch Clark (thigh-90)
James Husband (fatigued-90)
Stevie Mallan (fatigued-90)

SP4_Kilmarnock_selection.thumb.png.53ff3d10beda335738eb49fa2e132f43.png

HibsView: Two changes today.

Stuniverse: Yes, James Husband and Stevie Mallan were both looking a bit tired after Thursday night's game in Sweden. Stephen MacKay (left-back) and Luke Amos (central midfield) come in for them.

Post-match: Hibernian (1) 2-1 (0) Kilmarnock

SP4_Kilmarnock_report.thumb.png.8587c6ce7e9085443bd6fac472aa0a49.png

HibsView: A good, hard fought win. How would you sum it up?

Stuniverse: It was a very tight game, with nothing much between the sides. Both defences were on top. We had to wait until the 42nd minute for Curtis Jones to break the deadlock after a great run down the middle by Lewis Hornby. Ben Marshall eased our nerves in the 85th minute with a fierce cross-come-shot which their goalkeeper bundled over the line for 2-0. We switched off then and Kilmarnock pulled one back in the 89th minute, which set-up a nervy finish, but we were able to see the game out for the win.

SP4_Kilmarnock_lgTab.thumb.png.43f96391b33002a523ccf289eefb6079.png

HibsView: With Rangers drawing at Aberdeen, the win over Kilmarnock sends you second. 

Stuniverse: We've only played four games so it's far too early to read anything into the Premiership table.

SP4_Kilmarnock_stats.thumb.png.6a1cbff9032a78b60894b1fc6b4dc79f.png

SP4_Kilmarnock_analysis.thumb.png.73f8d81f5996aab588cc21661cfa86c3.png

Edited by Stuniverse

23 August 2022

CELTIC SHANKLAND BID REJECTED

HibsView: Hibernian have rejected a £5.5M bid from Celtic for 27 year-old striker Lawrence Shankland.

20220823_Celtic_bid_reject1.thumb.png.93a457a37a1fb24b3af971d88f78a4e5.png

20220823_Celtic_bid_reject2.thumb.png.b2bb8220a7613e50e1e2de322e16a83a.png

Game date: Thursday 25th August 2022

Pre-match v Malmo FF (H) - Euro Cup II Best Placed Fourth Qualifying Round, Second Leg

Match Preview

EC_4Q_2L_Malmo_preview.thumb.png.e1844d1e23c0b3f9005b27678a9772e2.png

HibsView: With a 3-1 lead from the first-leg in Malmo, this one's all over bar the shouting, is't it?

Stuniverse: I wouldn't agree with that at all. If Malmo score the first goal in the second leg then it becomes very interesting. We're confident we can get through, but we're going to have to perform well to do so.

Team Selection

Unregistered: Ross Doohan, David Gray, Lee Buchanan, Liam Gordon, Jack Hendry, Luke Amos, Kyle Edwards, Lewis Morgan (broken collarbone). 

Unavailable:
Paul Hanlon (broken toe)

Doubtful:
Mitch Clark (thigh-90)
Anthony Ralston (fatigued-90)

EC_4Q_2L_Malmo_selection.thumb.png.abb1b5a28fffbc1a8175be85c629b6b7.png

HibsView: Four changes tonight.

Stuniverse: That's right. Anthony Ralston was looking a bit tired so Mitch Clark will play right-back. Connor Johnson comes in at centre-back for Ryan Porteous. James Husband returns at left-back for Stephen MacKay. Stevie Mallan comes back into centrl midfield for Luke Amos.

Post-match: Hibernian (3) 5-0 (0) Malmo FF
Hibernian win 8-1 on aggregate

EC_4Q_2L_Malmo_report.thumb.png.ac24f7d27dddb2ccf1e14b3a6af80ab3.png

HibsView: Congratulations on getting past Malmo into the Euro Cup II Group Stage.

Stuniverse: Thank you. The players were outstanding today and bossed the game from first whistle to last. Lawrence Shankland gave us a 35th minute lead after Stevie Mallan had headed Curtis Jones's cross into his path. Two minutes later, Connor Johnson made it 2-0 when he headed home Stevie Malan's free-kick. They repeated the feat on 43 minutes with Connor again heading in Stevie's free-kick for 3-0. In the second-half, Curtis Jones finished off a lovely 54th minute team move to make it 4-0. It was 5-0 when Stevie Mallan scored a direct free-kick on 73 minutes.

EC_4Q_2L_Malmo_stats.thumb.png.aeb910fb54624eb1a4cbeab038e7294a.png

EC_4Q_2L_Malmo_analysis.thumb.png.4e59c54b82834b16601c92fd0de1cd21.png

Edited by Stuniverse

28 August 2022

SHANKLAND SIGNS NEW HIBS CONTRACT

HibsView: Hibernian's 27 year-old striker Lawrence Shankland has put pen-to-paper on a contract keeping at Easter Road until the summer of 2026.

Shankland has already scored 17 goals this season and is wanted by Celtic and MLS side Real Salt Lake.

20220828_Shankland_contract1.thumb.png.52efe405ddb0ac0823a0ab6becbdeaa9.png

20220828_Shankland_contract2.thumb.png.05911ba54a070bab9951db79d13dbabb.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: Sunday 28th August 2022

Pre-match v Ross County (a) - Ladbrokes Premiership (5)

Match Preview

SP5_RossCo_preview.thumb.png.b315a6a53e6ccf02f8bd1984c4c3a5cc.png

HibsView: Ross County are rock bottom of the Premiership, having taken just one point from the last possible 15 stretching back to last season. This must be the perfect time to play them and pick up three points, isn't it?

Stuniverse: Ross County are struggling for form right now but things can turn around very quickly in football. Ross County will be trying everything to get a result and, with their fans behind them at the Global Energy Stadium, it won't be as straight forward as the pundits think. But we're in good form, we've trained well, and we're confident of getting a result.

Team Selection

Unavailable:
Paul Hanlon (broken toe)

Doubtful:
Lewis Morgan (broken collarbone-45)
Mitch Clark (groin-90/fatigued)

SP5_RossCo_selection.thumb.png.ca0a372c18481e9484b7469f206132e5.png

HibsView: One change.

Stuniverse: Yes. Mitch Clark was looking a little jaded after the Malmo game so Anthony Ralston returns at right-back.

Post-match: Ross County (0) 1-3 (0) Hibernian

SP5_RossCo_report.thumb.png.6b66944128eeb715a8241dce7ad46cb6.png

HibsView: That was quite a comeback in the last half an hour.

Stuniverse: It was. I thought we were playing pretty well and didn't deserve to be behind, but that's football, you don't always get what you deserve. I was delighted with the character the players showed after going behind. They weren't going to lose this one and they turned things around in spectacular fashion. Lee Erwin gave them the lead with a stunning long-range effort on 61 minutes. Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, on as a sub, equalised two minutes later after tenacious work by Ben Marshall. On 74 minutes, Ben Marshall headed us into a 2-1 lead, getting on the end of James Husband's cross. On 89 minutes, Daryl Horgan received James Husband's throw-in, went on a mazy run into the penalty area, and curled a shot into the far corner for 3-1.

SP5_RossCo_lgTab.thumb.png.27b95e756d83fd4be4a1cf67a1df781c.png

SP5_RossCo_stats.thumb.png.d56827fe26b310f9a1885ce327c0a71a.png

SP5_RossCo_analysis.thumb.png.db2cfba4bf27e2ae1a73dad5f35b9385.png

Edited by Stuniverse

30 August 2022

HIBERNIAN - SEPTEMBER FIXTURES

HibsView; In September, Hibernian face three Premiership fixtures, three Euro Cup II Group matches, and the Betfred Cup Quarter-Final against Aberdeen.

1_June-Aug_fixtures.thumb.png.292b7ea73cccb21fe8d3e25635fef0d0.png

20220830_Sept_fixtures.thumb.png.220c3029999bfa2b226a1703061b09de.png

31 August 2022

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY

zzzz_Stuniverse_Hibs_dressing_room2.png.068da838d8ae4e815718caf6e221b21e.png

HibsView: Will you be doing any business on transfer deadline day?

Stuniverse: I'm very happy with my squad, and the way we're performing, but it's maybe a bit too large so we may see a couple of players leaving either on loan or permanently.

HibsView: What about players coming in?

Stuniverse: I think players coming in is unlikely, but you never know what opportunities may present themselves... so I wouldn't completely rule it out, but I'd say it's highly unlikely.

20220831_Hornby_speculation1.thumb.png.7d33455f8ab3bbdafa2955fad2876717.png

HibsView: We're hearing rumours Fraser Hornby will be leaving Easter Road today. Are you able to confirm or deny this?

Stuniverse: Fraser has played almost every game this season and has contributed with goals, assists, and his all round play. I have no intention of selling him, particularly not today with no time to replace him.

20220831_Hornby.thumb.png.63a459e619a031c0269432da8dc1c5b6.png

Edited by Stuniverse

31 August 2022

AMOS SNUBS MILLWALL

HibsView: Hibernian's 25 year-old midfielder Luke Amos has failed to agree personal terms with Millwall, causing a proposed £750K transfer to fall through.

Amos failed to impress Hibs manager Stuniverse in pre-season when Amos reacted badly to the signing of Sam Field. Stuniverse said at the time that he wasn't impressed by Amos's attitude.

20220831_Amos_snubs_millwall1.thumb.png.a49b2b2d307fc0913f35a7e3fd02fe5b.png

20220831_Amos_snubs_millwall2.thumb.png.f227df41eb990ba68089a5047924e256.png

20220831_Amos_snubs_millwall3.thumb.png.cfc32d052981f586238a1fa58c4393bc.png