[FM2020] Welsh Lower Leagues - Level 7 Fully Released with Cups [Updated for 20.4]

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Changelog

08/04/2020

• Updated to work on newest FM update

26/02/2020

• Updated to work on newest FM update

03/02/2020

• Updated work permit rules to reflect real-life.

07/01/2020

• Fixed some outdated team boundary information
  • Edited 3rd tier so teams promote into the correct leagues

31/12/2019

• A few missing cups have been added (Credit to cel1234 for this update)
  • League team amounts have been modified to ensure leagues don't lose teams

30/12/2019

• Level 7 has been activated, with 7 new leagues and around 50 new teams created
  • Around 40 new cup competitions have been added
  • Promotion and relegation has been adjusted with the addition of level 7
  • Some awards have been created for leagues

11/12/2019

• All teams are now in their correct leagues
  • Over 30 new teams missing from the original DB have been created
  • Reserve teams now cannot enter the Welsh Cup
  • General stability updates

9/12/2019

• Levels 5 & 6 have been activated
  • Welsh Cup now has correct number of teams entering (so far)
  • Some missing teams have been created, while others have been moved

20/11/19

• Level 4 of the database has been activated
  • More testing has been done to ensure stability for long term save files

KNOWN ISSUES

• Cymru North/South have differing team numbers. This is due to the limitations of the basic rule editor, and should have no impact on gameplay
  • Cymru Premier does not have it's European places playoff. Again, this is due to editor limitations, but the league split still occurs and it should not affect gameplay
Edited by Rainbowz

Looking forward to this.

Was thinking of something similar but with the English based Welsh teams entering a youth team in the FAW Cup. Do you reckon that would be possible or would European qualification mess things up?

20 hours ago, Deepex said:

Looking forward to this.

Was thinking of something similar but with the English based Welsh teams entering a youth team in the FAW Cup. Do you reckon that would be possible or would European qualification mess things up?

Think it would be possible they just wouldn't enter Europe if they won.

22 hours ago, Deepex said:

Looking forward to this.

Yeah, that'd be doable. The European spot would just go to 2nd place. I might release that as an alternate version if there's enough demand for it 

Looking at the editor, there's a problem already. For some reason, the default one has 7 teams relegated from the 2nd tier, with 4 from the Cymru North in the 2019-20 season, then back to 3 after that, although I can't find anything regarding this irl. I'll do what I can to get the DB out asap, but it'll require some more tinkering than I first thought.

EDIT: Because I'm useless with advanced rules, I'll be re-doing the Cymru Premier & Cymru North/South from scratch. Doing this will unfortunately mean I can't accurately re-create the Cymru Premier's European qualifying split playoff thing, but it will mean the rest of the database will work as intended. Unless anyone can suggest a better workaround.

Edited by Rainbowz

Its because Cymru North has 17 teams in it this season to accomondate Colwyn Bay and is going to 16 teams next season. This should be already done in the game proper.

51 minutes ago, cel1234 said:

Its because Cymru North has 17 teams in it this season to accomondate Colwyn Bay and is going to 16 teams next season. This should be already done in the game proper.

It really messes up database creation. Under basic rules, the editor classes there as being 7 relegation places, so doesn't verify correctly when the standard 6 promotion places are added. I can see it in advanced rules, but I'd have no idea how to set the lower leagues up correctly in the advanced rules editor 

21 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

It really messes up database creation. Under basic rules, the editor classes there as being 7 relegation places, so doesn't verify correctly when the standard 6 promotion places are added. I can see it in advanced rules, but I'd have no idea how to set the lower leagues up correctly in the advanced rules editor 

Same with advanced editor i don't have a clue. Someone will know how to do it.

8 hours ago, cel1234 said:

Same with advanced editor i don't have a clue. Someone will know how to do it.

Problem is I'd then be committed to using the advanced rules editor, which would mean I'd have to learn the entire thing and the whole DB would take longer. I'm using the 17/16 team leagues as a best of a bad situation and going ahead with it, then once the DB is done, I'll go back and try and sort it properly. I'm definitely committed to getting this accurately done.

2 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

Problem is I'd then be committed to using the advanced rules editor, which would mean I'd have to learn the entire thing and the whole DB would take longer. I'm using the 17/16 team leagues as a best of a bad situation and going ahead with it, then once the DB is done, I'll go back and try and sort it properly. I'm definitely committed to getting this accurately done.

Yes its not ideal do you know anyone who does who can look over it for you ??

7 hours ago, cel1234 said:

Yes its not ideal do you know anyone who does who can look over it for you ??

I could probably find someone if I asked around. My plan is to make the database as is in the basic rules so it's 99% done, then hand it over to someone who can set the advanced rules up correctly. At least that's what I hope will work.

18 minutes ago, HiTiv said:

Im not trying to rush anyone or anything but just wanted to ask if you know when you will roughly be done with the level 3?

Should be by tomorrow evening. I'll be doing the Level 3+4 leagues then, since the structure makes more sense that way.

9 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

Should be by tomorrow evening. I'll be doing the Level 3+4 leagues then, since the structure makes more sense that way.

okay i will try and wait until then haha, and of course the players names are real right? just cos i want to make myself the best player in the game haha

Just realsied that I need to wait until level 4 is released too haha

14 minutes ago, HiTiv said:

okay i will try and wait until then haha, and of course the players names are real right? just cos i want to make myself the best player in the game haha

29 minutes ago, HiTiv said:

It depends. If you tell me the team, I could look on the database to see which players they have

1 hour ago, Malicious Penguin said:

@Rainbowz, I looked at @danbhtfc's thread on the English leagues to L20 and he said there's an issue with the editor that SI are aware about - is that related to yours?

I think so. In my case, it's because there's a special "2019" advanced ruleset for the Cymru North which allows it to have 17 teams for one season, then 16 for the rest by relegating an extra team. When I add leagues to the existing structure, it displays the 2019 rule instead of the main one, so I can't verify the fule. I'm hoping it's an editor glitch and not an intended database feature, it'd make my job a lot easier.

On 20/11/2019 at 00:16, HiTiv said:

cheers and also thanks for making me so lightweight haha

Thats just the computer please feel free to let me know your height/weight and preferred foot and i will update when i get the data back.

Level 6 database is on the way, most likely tomorrow/Saturday. There are a lot of teams missing and some teams in incorrect leagues, so it'll take a bit of work to sort them. 

Hours of sifting through 6th tier team Twitter and Facebook pages for team info has shown me that amateur league Welsh football banter is strong.

13 hours ago, cel1234 said:

Which leagues are the worst ??

Carmarthenshire Div 1 had no teams whatsoever. Neath & District Div 1 was missing a few, as was Aberystwyth Div. 2. I'll be sorting them out today when I'm free today.

7 hours ago, bproc3 said:

Try allwalessport website for teams in the various levels of leagues pal. Although you probably already know of the website.

Yeah, that's what I'm using. Problem is a lot of the teams don't exist in the database, so I've got to create them and research the correct information

16 hours ago, jordanconnordixon said:

not trying to rush but any date roughly you'll have county cups? cant wait to get stuck into a save, thanks for everything 

No idea on county cups, I'm already behind on schedule due to real life getting in the way. I want to get Tier 7 done before I even think about the cups, so I'm certain all of the correct teams are present.

For a very loose estimate, I'll have it done before the end of the year. I should have it done well before Christmas though.

Edited by Rainbowz

Level 6 is up! The next update is going to be a doozy. I'm going through all 6 tiers and ensuring all teams are in their correct leagues and creating any that may be missing. It should be up some time next week. 

Also, does anyone know a workaround for the Editor not counting reserve teams as clubs? It's causing issues with the Aberystwyth league, meaning I have to either add a dummy team or have no relegation. The problem with making reserve teams as linked entity clubs is that I'd then have to exclude them from every single cup manually, which is a huge pain.

On 04/12/2019 at 22:55, jordanconnordixon said:

New year start is something well worth the wait, am currently adding players into clubs around Tier 5/6/7 in north Wales should keep me busy till then.

Cheers

That's awesome. If you wouldn't mind, I'd quite like to merge that into my file, or have it as a separate DB addon linked in the OP once that's done. You'll be credited of course.

On 08/12/2019 at 17:44, Deepex said:

Will be getting FM20 after xmas so happy to wait! :D 

Also anychance of the English Welsh clubs in the FAW cup as well.... not rushing! :)

Yeah, it'll 100% be done for Christmas. Level 6 full release without the cups is in testing currently, should be out tomorrow. Gives me 2 weeks to sort out tier 7 and the cups.

An alternate DB with Welsh-based English clubs in the cup is definitely coming once the full Tier 7 DB is released.