Man Utd formation & tactics

sorry if something similar exisits (can you point me in right direction if it does), i've searched for a similar thread and nothing's coming up.

i'm playing as man u with a flat 4-4-2 with MR and ML, 1 MC making forward runs, the other MC never makes forward runs. Out of my 2 strikers one has a free role, normally Rooney. the thing is i can't score, have scored 7 in 7 PL matches. defence is fine. anyone with similar probs? cheers

Had similar problem but I am slowly over comming them. Most likely your problems are because of team gelling and not being able to motivate themselves to play for you if you have lowish reputation. But things will get better over time.

My strikers also seem to be unable to score for periods of time but after they score in 5 games in a row so it balances out.

Would like to share with you guys that the Band of Two settings works great with Man Utd if you tweak it somewhere between a Attacking and a Standard Match Mindset.

Right now im using a 442 formation for Man Utd, applying the settings of one attacking forward (Berbatov) and a deep lying forward (Rooney/Tevez) as mentioned in the tactic framework 2009.

I have also applied all the team and individual settings using the " Band of two" formation, adjusting for an attacking mindset tweaked towards Standard mindset a little (not too attacking). i had success using Anderson for the MCa role, and Carrick for the MCd role.

Also, using Berbatov in the Fwda role is a gem. However, Rooney and Tevez has not really blossomed in their Fwd(d) positions. On the whole, i have archived great consistency of creating chances, scoring goals and controlling possession not only in home matches, but away matches as well.

My defence using the "Band of Two settings" has only let in ard 12 goals in 23 premiership matches. I have at least 10-17 shots on goal per game in away matches, regardless of playing Chelsea away or Juventus away.

Here are some stats so far of my season using this tactic.

Premiership: lost 0, drawn 3, won 19

Notable results: won 3-2 Chelsea (H), Won 5-2 Spurs (A), won Arsenal 1-0 (H), won Liverpool 1-0(H), won Middlesbrough 4-0 (A), won Man City 1-0 (A), Won Everton 3-0 (A)

League Cup (Final)

Notable results: Won Chelsea 3-1 (A), Won Liverpool 3-0 (H)

Champions League (qualified for Knockout Rd)

Notable results: Won Sporting Lisbon 5-0 (H), Won Fernebache 3-0 (A), Draw Juventus 1-1 (A)

Berbatov: 23 goals, Tevez: 17 goals, Ronaldo: 15 goals, Rooney: 15 goals, Nani: 5 Goals, Giggs: 5 Goals, Carrick: 3 Goals

First team: Van der sar, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, G Neville, Nani, Ronaldo, Carrick(MCd), Anderson(MCa), Rooney(Fwd), Berbatov(Fwda)

I have successfully used knap's tweaked 442 with ManU, after failing miserably with my own ( http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=57982 ).

Relaxing's approach looks impressive though, especially the few goals leaked. I would be interested in your defensive instructions (man or zonal marking for DCs etc). Any chance of sharing your tactics? (pm me if possible via email or skype)

My most annoying thing is that I have around 12 shots a game and only ever get like 3 on target.

Berbatov got 5 goals out of 6 games before he got injured for 4 months.

In the final of the World Club Cup Championship I had 25 shots, ONLY 4 on target. (I won on penalties)

My original formation was;

Gk

Dc Dc Dc

McMc

Aml Amr

Amc

St St

I was doing well at first, but soon started getting very low wins.

So I had to revert to the 4-4-2 (attacking) formation, seems to be working well.

So if anyone has any good working formations, please post :)

Would like to share with you guys that the Band of Two settings works great with Man Utd if you tweak it somewhere between a Attacking and a Standard Match Mindset.

Right now im using a 442 formation for Man Utd, applying the settings of one attacking forward (Berbatov) and a deep lying forward (Rooney/Tevez) as mentioned in the tactic framework 2009.

I have also applied all the team and individual settings using the " Band of two" formation, adjusting for an attacking mindset tweaked towards Standard mindset a little (not too attacking). i had success using Anderson for the MCa role, and Carrick for the MCd role.

Also, using Berbatov in the Fwda role is a gem. However, Rooney and Tevez has not really blossomed in their Fwd(d) positions. On the whole, i have archived great consistency of creating chances, scoring goals and controlling possession not only in home matches, but away matches as well.

My defence using the "Band of Two settings" has only let in ard 12 goals in 23 premiership matches. I have at least 10-17 shots on goal per game in away matches, regardless of playing Chelsea away or Juventus away.

Here are some stats so far of my season using this tactic.

Premiership: lost 0, drawn 3, won 19

Notable results: won 3-2 Chelsea (H), Won 5-2 Spurs (A), won Arsenal 1-0 (H), won Liverpool 1-0(H), won Middlesbrough 4-0 (A), won Man City 1-0 (A), Won Everton 3-0 (A)

League Cup (Final)

Notable results: Won Chelsea 3-1 (A), Won Liverpool 3-0 (H)

Champions League (qualified for Knockout Rd)

Notable results: Won Sporting Lisbon 5-0 (H), Won Fernebache 3-0 (A), Draw Juventus 1-1 (A)

Berbatov: 23 goals, Tevez: 17 goals, Ronaldo: 15 goals, Rooney: 15 goals, Nani: 5 Goals, Giggs: 5 Goals, Carrick: 3 Goals

First team: Van der sar, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, G Neville, Nani, Ronaldo, Carrick(MCd), Anderson(MCa), Rooney(Fwd), Berbatov(Fwda)

Can you upload your tactic...im also playin with manchester united and im havin problems. If i win i win by 1-0 or 2-1...and i lose a lot and draw even more..ur tactic seems solid...if u can upload it that will be great...also one last thing what opposition instructions do you use at the start of any game?

Has anyone tried the Queiroz formation from the ttf download pack? Any feed back on it? looks like it could be useful for United

Two matches with Queiroz formation: 1-1 home against Blackburn ("won" 13-3 in shots) and 4-0 at home against Chelsea (12-4 in shots)....

Used the Queiroz tactic for the past 8 games or so. Overall it's working pretty well, 15+ chances every game, stingy defence and most enjoyable to watch.

Still, I'm getting most of my goals from my midfielders and setpieces (Mathias Fernandez is a beast: 3 goals in 2 games from freekicks). My strikers (Rooney, Rossi, Berbatov) have been going through goal droughts as a result, despite getting decent ratings (7+).

I with MU won 13 draw 2...... Goal: 29 Conceded: 16

VDS,Rafinha,Evra,Ferdinand,Vidic,Veloso,Ronaldo,Nani,Rooney,Anderson,Berbatov

GK,DR,DL,DC,DC,DMC,AMR,AML,AMC,AMC,ST (For Home Match)

GK,DR(F),DL(F),DC,DC,DMC,MC(F),MC,AMR,AML,ST (For Away Match, Tough Match)

Playmaker: Rooney, Targetman: Berbatov

Need to give special instructions for Every midfield player...... They are the hearts of the match....

I've been using the Queiroz formation that comes in the download, but it doesn't seem to get the best out of Rooney, Tevez or Berbatov. Would like them to contribute alot more to my team in terms of performance and goals. In Feb now and Rooney has 15 so too does Berbatov and tevez has 13, Ronaldo though has 24 so at least i'm not struggling for goals overall but i would prefer my forwards to be more prolific

Now i m in the streak of winning and shutout...............12 Matches in a row

I bought Diego for 20m, he is my gem of the midfield.....

4-4-2Diamond, playmaker and free role for DIEGO......

He just too good...... and I have asenjo and ustari on january, offload ben foster in exchange with valladoid, kuszak for MAN city for 10m...HUYO!

i dun use a flat 4-4-2

i put the 2 wingers as AML and AMR

sometimes rooney is just unplayable sometimes no one can score, not sure if its the incosistency or something

won 5-1 Liverpool

won 5-1 Bayern

won 3-0 Chelsea

but lost to arsenal twice 0-1 and 0-3

What creative freedom rating should i be giving to Rooney in order to maximise his ability. Should i give him high creative freedom and a free role or a normal rating of cf and a free role? I'm playing him in the AMC position with fwd runs, through balls and run with ball all often. I've got Berbatov as a lone striker, and i want Rooney to play just off him

Archived