[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

Good luck with Juventus @Swills417 I am also managing them too :thup: They are fun project to take on, especially they got old players that needs replacing or need to be sold to reduce the wages, when I took over they was like 1.5M over.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Juventus-logo.png 

82afc9412b4d49b6263c4f7b35033050.png 

b37c258e064cea4a6de9acda5ed33615.png 

4ea8d20a785630f0a14e963c3934c617.png 

3afb8f2838a762fe464ae980cadfec5d.png 

Just hit January 2027 with Juventus, Happy how the season going so far. However, saying that bit disappointed not to beat my former club, went 2-0 up and they scored twice in last 10 minutes :seagull: Champions League, we won the group without breaking a sweat ;) Drawn against Sporting CP in knockout stages.

Transfers - Got rid of big names players to cut down the wage as they are over 30. Felt I have overpaid for Josh Sargent :rolleyes:

Edited by john1

1 hour ago, john1 said:

Good luck with Juventus @Swills417 I am also managing them too :thup: They are fun project to take on, especially they got old players that needs replacing or need to be sold to reduce the wages, when I took over they was like 1.5M over.

Looking forward to it. I think it will take a while to overhaul a dominant Inter Milan side who are absolutely stacked and an AC Milan side that has recruited quite well and stayed competitive in the league. Napoli and Roma shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Should also mention I also edited in a version of decreto crescita (Italy's Beckham tax law) just to make the save interesting long term. 

2 minutes ago, Swills417 said:

Looking forward to it. I think it will take a while to overhaul a dominant Inter Milan side who are absolutely stacked and an AC Milan side that has recruited quite well and stayed competitive in the league. Napoli and Roma shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Should also mention I also edited in a version of decreto crescita (Italy's Beckham tax law) just to make the save interesting long term. 

Never heard of this? :D  And what does it mean?

I think this video sums it up pretty well. I think it works out that some players in the very high end of earners in Italy will be eligible for tax breaks. 

I think a few iterations of the game a few years back there were issues with Italy's taxes in the database. Meant that over long term saves the club's finances dwindled comparatively to other clubs in other leagues staying about the same. 

I'll try grab a screenshot of it in my save.

410539909_WeahTaxes.thumb.PNG.ceff8eb1efe33fe21bc0517bf45a610d.PNG519709652_GirottiTaxes.thumb.PNG.5c9087405eadb665ee60dce578a7d7fd.PNG

So my highest earner,  on a similar amount to the highest earners in Serie A,  Timothy Weah (American) takes home about £13m on a £17m annual salary. Compared to an Italian regen (Girotti) signed this window in 2026. Takes home only £275k of his annual £400k salary. 

Where as Harry Kane, playing for Liverpool on a £20m p/a salary only takes home about £11m p/a after tax.

image.thumb.png.f0dacfd4a8886d0d298d1f246f175401.png

I think the idea is that Serie A as a result would be more attractive financially to non-Italians and come ply their trade her as they would earn more take home pay. Haven't seen it reflected too much in the save in regards transfer preference,  with Italian clubs being able to pay more competitive salaries. It might not even factor into AI transfer decision making, I just like the added immersion it provides for me. 

Hey lads. Sorry for wrong post in here.. But what summer update are you using? I really wanna try a Sevilla game, but the summer update i always use (pr0's), still have them in the Europa League, and that is not good :D.

So after starting the game unemployed and skipping through to the winter period, I applied for the vacant AC Milan job.

After a successful interview, I was unveiled as the new man to lead Rossoneri forward. They are however, in a right mess.

Sitting in 12th position after 19 games and £50k over the wage budget, the success of the 90's and 00's seems a long way away.

It's a big rebuild I have on my hands, with an imbalanced squad and no money to spend until the summer, i'm going to use this 2nd half of the season to lay the foundations that will help us finish in a European spot next season. 

Any hints/tips from those who have played with AC is much appreciated.

On 16/08/2020 at 08:28, Swills417 said:

(Reading above in this thread suggests if you sell one non-EU player you can use that slot for another non-EU transfer?).

Only if you sell him abroad!

On 16/08/2020 at 11:37, john1 said:

Transfers - Got rid of big names players to cut down the wage as they are over 30. Felt I have overpaid for Josh Sargent :rolleyes:

As an American Juventino I've always dreamt of an American at Juve! We've had one on the women's team already (and I've met her!) but still no one for the men, so I like to see that. We are linked to Dest in real life at the moment, so we'll see...

On 16/08/2020 at 12:12, Swills417 said:

410539909_WeahTaxes.thumb.PNG.ceff8eb1efe33fe21bc0517bf45a610d.PNG

And I see you have Weah as well!

Edited by Weston

On 16/08/2020 at 11:59, Swills417 said:

I think this video sums it up pretty well. I think it works out that some players in the very high end of earners in Italy will be eligible for tax breaks. 

I think a few iterations of the game a few years back there were issues with Italy's taxes in the database. Meant that over long term saves the club's finances dwindled comparatively to other clubs in other leagues staying about the same. 

I'll try grab a screenshot of it in my save.

Interesting - I hope they add this to the game next year. You should post this in the feature request forum and show them how you did it.

1 hour ago, Weston said:

As an American Juventino I've always dreamt of an American at Juve! We've had one on the women's team already (and I've met her!) but still no one for the men, so I like to see that. We are linked to Dest in real life at the moment, so we'll see...

And I see you have Weah as well!

I bought him in hoping he will boost our merchandise in America but not seems to be working :lol: Sadly, he seems not to hit his form with us :( 

7d0ae81ee4dbd414f0f11df515cc1264.png 

Edited by john1

34bce56d5593600fea2fe78e3546cf69.png 

7a8e8c9c1981564e94cff6b876b4ccdb.png 
I have just taken a look at Isak at my former club, and never been so heartbroken to see him being unused alot :( Especially he's a icon at the club. However just taken a look at his injury history. They have been playing Eddie Nketiah, as up front on his own. Going to see if I can nab Isak away and join me at Juventus :cool:

Edited by john1

Juventus-Logo.png 

c76a50d1d45fecfe58104856ba347913.png 

598d6e8c84aa0a3d0e2d5ae3cd96351c.png 

Surprised we went season unbeaten, used the same tactic I used with Atalanta. It was very close between me and my former club, until we started to pull away with 8 games left. But glad to see them still doing well.

ad358ba05bd760aff13cf32454b39a8a.png 
You could say our run into final in Copa Italia was probably easy til Inter and Napoli. 

d9ea2cb5b29b2405bd9191c64e2b22f1.png 
Massive delighted to win the Champions League, our run toward the final was tough and glad to see us knocking out Guardiola's Arsenal on away goals.

36767020ebce0dc73657f6ba63c77a1b.png 
Sadly, It's end of era for Juventus as Stefano Braghin, is retiring end of June :( So I made my move and sign this guy as his replacement and yes I did have him at Atalanta but sacked him but just hope he can proves me wrong :lol: He wasn't my first choice which Neil Bath, from Chelsea, was but wasn't interested :( 

Edited by john1

17 hours ago, john1 said:

Juventus-Logo.png 

c76a50d1d45fecfe58104856ba347913.png 

598d6e8c84aa0a3d0e2d5ae3cd96351c.png 

Surprised we went season unbeaten, used the same tactic I used with Atalanta. It was very close between me and my former club, until we started to pull away with 8 games left. But glad to see them still doing well.

ad358ba05bd760aff13cf32454b39a8a.png 
You could say our run into final in Copa Italia was probably easy til Inter and Napoli. 

d9ea2cb5b29b2405bd9191c64e2b22f1.png 
Massive delighted to win the Champions League, our run toward the final was tough and glad to see us knocking out Guardiola's Arsenal on away goals.

36767020ebce0dc73657f6ba63c77a1b.png 
Sadly, It's end of era for Juventus as Stefano Braghin, is retiring end of June :( So I made my move and sign this guy as his replacement and yes I did have him at Atalanta but sacked him but just hope he can proves me wrong :lol: He wasn't my first choice which Neil Bath, from Chelsea, was but wasn't interested :( 

What type of tactic are you deploying? I've shifted to a 4-2-3-1 to accommodate the embarrassment of riches I have in central midfield. 

In the middle of a transfer window where one legend may leave the club, which will facilitate the return of another. Whisper it quietly (#Pogback2):D

Have an issue at full back and goalkeeper. I have this brilliant young IWB on the left, but have also moved to sign an outstanding young left back from Brazil. Really want to commit to the IWB tactically, but when you have the next potential Roberto Carlos - what do you do? Also, let's not forgot poor Benjamin Mendy who may quickly drop from first choice to 3rd choice. 

Between the sticks it's just Sczezsney and no one else. Would love Donnaramu but he would be super expensive. 

So a move has been made for young Karl Jakob Hein from Arsenal. The Estonian youngster (now 24) is somehow still on the books for them and there is just nothing affordable or coming through the youth ranks to even contemplate. 

Edited by Swills417

Season 6 transfers done, so here they are.

1706590789_s6transfers.thumb.png.a413249578de5446ef2b924a47ed1aac.png

SMS only had a year left and wouldn't sign a new contract so off he went for a good amount. Immobile and Bailly were released. Belotti is 30 but still has great attributes and will do a good job. Dani Olmo I had at RBL on the previous save where I left Lazio, he's quality and was the best option to replace SMS. Broli is a cm regen.

This is my best 11 for season 6.

670166222_s6best11.thumb.png.d2a297d8dcfdc85d0035288a39b0b6ea.png

We had a really good start and were scoring for fun for the 1st 8-9 games, then as with this team we had a mid season blip and only won 3 out of 9 games before the winter break, and my strikers all stopped scoring. However we are still top of the table, so if we can sort ourselves we should hopefully start pulling away.

121923662_s6sofar.thumb.png.07ebc7c646ba1066fe11ee70c8ae44a0.png 

So Zanre and Minardi are 2 of my best regens, I doubt anyone will remember what they were like if knew at all, so here is how they have developed.

Zanre I brought from Bologna in season 4, he spent half a season back on loan to them, and since joining up with us, has been brilliant.

1032456765_Zanres6.thumb.png.8d3a369c055855d70cd970bb19b61a51.png

Minardi is a regen who came through my very 1st youth intake, he hasn't been out on loan, I have worked hard to develop him at the club.

1366640039_Minardis6.thumb.png.047b76b228294e08ef8c3c3459787145.png

I said my strikers stopped scoring, I had even warned all 3 of them about their form, and I said that if we could sort ourselves out after the winter break, we should pull away. Well Zanre clearly was listening, as this is his form since the winter break.

219600914_zform.thumb.png.5121b94b171261c8615278e1eb015d73.png

11 goals in 6 games. He is an incredible regen, to think he still has room to improve.

Oh I also forgot to mention in my previous update, but Italy won the Euro's and my 2 boys Minardi and Zanre both scored in the final.

2036124494_italyeuro.thumb.png.4d61516e2b929dce4b445cc8ebef5c72.png

I have got through the 6th season quite quickly, so here is the end of the season update.

The season was going well, we beat Inter in the Italian super cup, and we also won the Italian cup for the 2nd year in a row.

2087708336_s6italiancup.thumb.png.cdc17713ddf0dff209944edd343fc516.png

However that's where it ended, we then lost in the 1st knockout round of the champs league to Liverpool, and then worst of all we bottled the league title.

We were on course to win our 4th league title in a row, then we lost 4-1 to Empoli, 4-1 I couldn't believe it, then on the final day we drew 1-1 with the bottom of the table team, absolutely bottled it.

1530830178_season6table.thumb.png.e6e1e654a3b1f56d09109149608fe48b.png

Incredibly annoying and frustrating, we scored a ton of goals, hence Zanre being clear top scorer. After only conceding 13 goals in the previous season, defensively we were pretty terrible all season this time round, it wasn't just that as possession wise we were getting less than 40% in the majority of our games, and I felt that didn't help with our defensive issues.

Season 6 stats for the squad.

1160008351_season6stats.thumb.png.40bfbab69058db08cbe689ecdaa46c7f.png

Though we had a poor end, you can see Tonali and Zanre were still incredible, Zanre scoring the most goals I have had a striker score on this years fm he has been brilliant. Belotti in his 1st year for us was also good.

So heading into season 7, and I feel with our defensive issues and the fact we lost our league title, it is the perfect time for abit of a reshuffle, in terms of players, staff and tactical. So expect a busy summer window and some tactical changes in my next update.

2 hours ago, sedge11 said:

So heading into season 7, and I feel with our defensive issues and the fact we lost our league title, it is the perfect time for abit of a reshuffle, in terms of players, staff and tactical. So expect a busy summer window and some tactical changes in my next update.

I just started a save with Lazio (my first in Italy) and have a few days left of the transfer window. The squad seems pretty well-rounded, no big issues as far as I can see. Just brought  in some youngsters for the future. 
Just wondering, are there any advice or tips you could give me on players to bring in? Will probably be playing a 3-4-1-2 or a 3-5-2 since it seems that’s what suits the squad best. 
Looking forward to my first try in Italy and especially with Lazio. 

9 hours ago, RLC said:

I just started a save with Lazio (my first in Italy) and have a few days left of the transfer window. The squad seems pretty well-rounded, no big issues as far as I can see. Just brought  in some youngsters for the future. 
Just wondering, are there any advice or tips you could give me on players to bring in? Will probably be playing a 3-4-1-2 or a 3-5-2 since it seems that’s what suits the squad best. 
Looking forward to my first try in Italy and especially with Lazio. 

Yea Lazio is a fun save and I have loved my save.

3-5-2 or 5-3-2 however you lay it out definitely suits the team, and it’s what I have been using for 6 seasons, only now am I going away from that and just refreshing the squad and tactics.

So if your going for 3 at the back as well, then definitely need cb’s to build a solid foundation for that formation. Radu and Acerbi are good but they are ageing, and a couple of their other cb aren’t that good in my opinion. Milenkovic from Fiorentina is class and I would highly recommend, I have him in my team, plus I used him in a Man Utd save.

The wing backs will be massively important in that formation, Lazarri is brilliant for the right hand side, but the left hand side would probably need improving, so I would try get someone for lwb.

Tonali is always a good player to get, Italian young and will nail down the cm role for a good 10 seasons.

Edited by sedge11

15 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Yea Lazio is a fun save and I have loved my save.

3-5-2 or 5-3-2 however you lay it out definitely suits the team, and it’s what I have been using for 6 seasons, only now am I going away from that and just refreshing the squad and tactics.

So if your going for 3 at the back as well, then definitely need cb’s to build a solid foundation for that formation. Radu and Acerbi are good but they are ageing, and a couple of their other cb aren’t that good in my opinion. Milenkovic from Fiorentina is class and I would highly recommend, I have him in my team, plus I used him in a Man Utd save.

The wing backs will be massively important in that formation, Lazarri is brilliant for the right hand side, but the left hand side would probably need improving, so I would try get someone for lwb.

Tonali is always a good player to get, Italian young and will nail down the cm role for a good 10 seasons.

Thanks! Yeah Lazio seems like an exciting team. 

Yeah I’ve bought both Tonali and Milenkovic on other saves and I like them both. Unfortunately they were a bit to expensive this first transfer window but I’ll try to get them next year, for now I’ve just brought in some youths to develop. 

Will try to update how it goes. So far I’ve played Sampdoria (a) and Torino (h) and won both. Next one is Inter (a), first real challange. Been playing an attacking style but will try a more conservative approach against Inter. 

20 hours ago, RLC said:

Will try to update how it goes. So far I’ve played Sampdoria (a) and Torino (h) and won both. Next one is Inter (a), first real challange. Been playing an attacking style but will try a more conservative approach against Inter. 

Yea update in the thread, and keep us posted.

So the summer for season 7 is done, I said there would be a reshuffle and change in tactics, and there certainly has been.

Here are the transfers.

396085820_s7transfers.thumb.png.589c10373ae033c8c0f65872df9c3de0.png

We have been very busy. 

The outs 1st - Gouiri has been a great servant for me and was vital in our champs league win in season 3, but the last season and a half he was really poor, Chelsea came in with a big offer, and I managed to negotiate the deal up abit so took it. Ajer and Onguene left as I was revamping the defence, and Van de Beek just didn't fit in.

So the the ins - Konate and Vinicius Junior were both transfer listed by request so jumped at the chance, especially Vinicius Junior who had scored alot of goals for Arsenal. Pulisic wasn't getting any game time so was abit of a steal. Kubo and Manual are back ups and to fill the squad out. Cerri my biggest transfer is a regen rb, who will takeover from Lazarri.

cerri.thumb.png.0ba746dab3aa30b5882fa8728aa0e39b.png

So now to the new tactic, we have played a 5-3-2 wb for 6 seasons and after losing our title I felt a change was needed, from some of the transfers you can probably guess what way I'm going, but here's my 2 new tactics, with the 1st one being the main one.

192732701_newtactic1.thumb.png.ab674a9507c36338ea63bdb139a86c02.png 1662397617_newtactic2.thumb.png.b361f73cafb3a306aa56bae574b4095a.png

I'm really excited to use my new look team and hopefully win alot more trophies, however we have had a shocking start to the new season.

1609838946_s7start.thumb.png.dd2f3ea41228a265f4877286917ec2c8.png

The losses to Inter and Juventus mean we are already playing catch up and sit 10th after 5 games. Hopefully once everything has gelled we will kick on, I will make these changes work.

Yea update in the thread, and keep us posted.

Will try, but to play through a season takes several weeks for me unfortunatley because of lack of time. Did however play the Inter game (away). A comfortable 2-0 win for us, they hade 1 shot on goal and we hade 11.
Juventus looks impossible though but not really expecting to beat them first season. 

So the summer for season 7 is done, I said there would be a reshuffle and change in tactics, and there certainly has been.

Here are the transfers.

396085820_s7transfers.thumb.png.589c10373ae033c8c0f65872df9c3de0.png

We have been very busy. 

The outs 1st - Gouiri has been a great servant for me and was vital in our champs league win in season 3, but the last season and a half he was really poor, Chelsea came in with a big offer, and I managed to negotiate the deal up abit so took it. Ajer and Onguene left as I was revamping the defence, and Van de Beek just didn't fit in.

So the the ins - Konate and Vinicius Junior were both transfer listed by request so jumped at the chance, especially Vinicius Junior who had scored alot of goals for Arsenal. Pulisic wasn't getting any game time so was abit of a steal. Kubo and Manual are back ups and to fill the squad out. Cerri my biggest transfer is a regen rb, who will takeover from Lazarri.

cerri.thumb.png.0ba746dab3aa30b5882fa8728aa0e39b.png

So now to the new tactic, we have played a 5-3-2 wb for 6 seasons and after losing our title I felt a change was needed, from some of the transfers you can probably guess what way I'm going, but here's my 2 new tactics, with the 1st one being the main one.

192732701_newtactic1.thumb.png.ab674a9507c36338ea63bdb139a86c02.png 1662397617_newtactic2.thumb.png.b361f73cafb3a306aa56bae574b4095a.png

I'm really excited to use my new look team and hopefully win alot more trophies, however we have had a shocking start to the new season.

1609838946_s7start.thumb.png.dd2f3ea41228a265f4877286917ec2c8.png

The losses to Inter and Juventus mean we are already playing catch up and sit 10th after 5 games. Hopefully once everything has gelled we will kick on, I will make these changes work.

Some nice transfers, but yeah always hard in the begining to change tactic and style but you have some pretty good players so shouldn’t be too big of a transition. Hope you’ve turned it around by now. 

A question about wages, I saw that your new RB regen has 100k/w, how have you been managing the rest of the squads wages? I find that players are demanding way to high wages on fm20. Even young unproven squad players demand 80-90k/w. Makes it hard to maintain sensible wages over time. 

On 25/08/2020 at 17:21, cmason84 said:

Looking at the tactical set-up at AC Milan's 2021-22 scudetto winning side:
http://afmoldtimer.home.blog/2020/08/25/ac-milan-tactical-set-up-2021-22/

Absolutely excellent read. I have a couple of questions:

How did you calculate PAdj tackles per 90/interceptions? 

slide12-2.png?w=1024

How did you migrate the data from the game used in the above graphic? Print screen as text file, then plugged into excel or something? 

Juventus-Logo-700x394.thumb.png.eb0d57fed1e6220e8fd832c21279dadb.png

Having played the first 5 games of the season of the 2026-27 season, I thought I would do a quick recap:
Results were as followed, with a few notable statistics and observations:

Juventus 0-0 Ascoli (A)
0 CCC created, 118 passes completed by Bentacur who was MOTM

Juventus 4-2 Frosinone (H)
Pogba impresses in his first game back with the club, 4 key passes and 2 assists (admittedly one was a 2 yard pass sideways to Bentacur who scored from range). Immobile scores from a goalmouth scramble following a dangerous free kick. 

1309117787_MENDYANDPOGBA.PNG.2645f3f3f4f8d523aedffb65bfda1e8d.PNG

1512430657_MendyimpressesPogbaDebut.thumb.PNG.426fa14185d8cc0d697d96eb47d3c84a.PNG

The left side overload is fairly obvious here, with most of the key passes in that direction. 

Lisandro Lopez, makes first mistake leading to goal – out of position closing down winger – vacating the space where the eventual goal scorer appeared. Most likely covering Mendy who was caught up-field. Second goal conceded was from a superb diagonal ball from Praet, to Jota who shot across Szezsney and score far post – possibly more pressure on ball from Pobga on Praet.

Juventus 0-1 Lazio (A)
Lost to an early strike from Brazilian regen winger. Not a lot that could have been done to prevent this. Wonder strike, we only created on clear cut chance, a blocked shot by immobile. 

Juventus 3-2 Sampdoria (H)
A better attacking display. 9 key passes from Bruno Fernandes. Martinez wins a penalty from a set-piece, constant threat. Immobile with 2 goals and 1 assist. Unavur and Immobile each assisting each other. Koulibaly error led to goal with a poor pass out from the back. Conceded from a near post corner also. 

Juventus 1-0 Parma (H) 
Won via a late Immobile penalty. Italian regen right winger, winning the penalty with quick dribble drawing the foul. Struggle to create chances, I assume this is due to the low block Parma defence. Immobile has excellent off the ball (20) and teamwork (19) but is not a physical specimen unable to force the issue with a dribble or being physical in the box. Notable the only chance created fell to Weah, a more physical player who hit the bar from the air. 

So overall, goal scoring is an early issue. I do expect this to improve over the season as tactical familiarity increases and Unavur settles into the side. Currently we are ranked 2nd in the league for chance creation, while only 6th in goals scored. AC Milan is leading here with 20 goals and 0 conceded, from 12 chance creations - alongside a handful of goals from set-pieces. 

Edited by Swills417

7 hours ago, Bertieb39 said:

Hello,

Looking to start a save with Juventus, is it worth doing so? Got a feeling it might be too easy but I just can't seem to get into many FM20 saves, is it a decent longevity save? 

I haven’t done a save with them myself but looking at the team I think it could be fun to try and rebuild the squad, replace the Ronaldos and Higuains with som promising youths and then conquer Europe. 

21 hours ago, RLC said:

I haven’t done a save with them myself but looking at the team I think it could be fun to try and rebuild the squad, replace the Ronaldos and Higuains with som promising youths and then conquer Europe. 

Plus I have never managed Ronaldo so would be interesting to try that in FM! Plus the staff they have in place is intriguing me 

Speaking of tickets sold, I'll be very interested to see if FM21 somehow tries to replicate the empty stadiums due to the pandemic. They could ignore it, or they could attempt to code in some different possibilities like they did with Brexit...

10 minutes ago, Weston said:

Speaking of tickets sold, I'll be very interested to see if FM21 somehow tries to replicate the empty stadiums due to the pandemic. They could ignore it, or they could attempt to code in some different possibilities like they did with Brexit...

DON'T YOU DARE STARTING POLITICS TALK HERE, WESTON!