Sports Interactive Community
zlatanera

[FM20] Calcio

Our boy Dimarco with an assist in under 2 mins against his parent club!

This was later changed to a Dimarco own goal because it deflected off of him :(

Wow, this thread has become massive since my last visit...

My Frosinone save was short lived, but probably some of the most fun I've had in FM20, and Serie A in general is probably my favorite (top league) to play, especially early on, where there's such tactical variety. Struggling to pick and stick with a save though...

Want a project, but not a decade long struggle through the tiers, with no resources. Thinking more like a club expected to fight against relegation, but with at least a piece or two in place to build around. Thinking maybe Udinese with De Paul and Mandragora as the cornerstone pieces. Actually started Sassuolo, but between a board takeover (that wasn't), Chelsea buying back Boga (then not), and an obnoxious laundry list of transfer expectations, I soured on it before it really go going. Fiorentino are always a consideration, but seems like they should already be better. Could always add some self-imposed restrictions. Torino could be interesting, but seem horribly overrated in game. 

3 hours ago, XuluBak said:

Wow, this thread has become massive since my last visit...

My Frosinone save was short lived, but probably some of the most fun I've had in FM20, and Serie A in general is probably my favorite (top league) to play, especially early on, where there's such tactical variety. Struggling to pick and stick with a save though...

Want a project, but not a decade long struggle through the tiers, with no resources. Thinking more like a club expected to fight against relegation, but with at least a piece or two in place to build around. Thinking maybe Udinese with De Paul and Mandragora as the cornerstone pieces. Actually started Sassuolo, but between a board takeover (that wasn't), Chelsea buying back Boga (then not), and an obnoxious laundry list of transfer expectations, I soured on it before it really go going. Fiorentino are always a consideration, but seems like they should already be better. Could always add some self-imposed restrictions. Torino could be interesting, but seem horribly overrated in game. 

Udinese have the link with Watford and you can eventually change the agreement and then sign all of their top players for free like I done on FM2019.

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Udinese have the link with Watford and you can eventually change the agreement and then sign all of their top players for free like I done on FM2019.

Hah! Funny you mention that because...

I just discovered it on accident. I'd forgot about the connection, and in my "startup save," Watford have been relegated...

First inquiry, transfer fee = 0. Thought that was kinda weird. So tried another player...same thing. Ugh. I knew I could match bids, but to be able to just poach anyone is a bit much. Will they be able to do the same down the line?

Just now, XuluBak said:

I just discovered it on accident. I'd forgot about the connection, and in my "startup save," Watford have been relegated...

First inquiry, transfer fee = 0. Thought that was kinda weird. So tried another player...same thing. Ugh. I knew I could match bids, but to be able to just poach anyone is a bit much. Will they be able to do the same down the line?

Yeah so if Watford get back to the Prem I don't think you can do it so I would raid them while you can as you can just sell the players down the line for profit.

Will Hughes, Massina, Kabassele, Chaloboah, Doucore, Quina, Pereyra,Deulofeu, Penaranda, Joao Pedro andIsacc Success would be players you can bring in to improve your team and then sell on for profit.

3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

3 hours ago, XuluBak said:

3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah so if Watford get back to the Prem I don't think you can do it so I would raid them while you can as you can just sell the players down the line for profit.

Will Hughes, Massina, Kabassele, Chaloboah, Doucore, Quina, Pereyra,Deulofeu, Penaranda, Joao Pedro andIsacc Success would be players you can bring in to improve your team and then sell on for profit.

Yeah they need to work on this. As Bari, Napoli has been too willing to give me players in the past, so I made a personal rule to not sign anyone above a certain squad status from them. Wish they'd fix it so we didn't have to police ourselves by guessing what is or is not realistic.

Ironically, they then got relegated right after we both had a change of board, and now they won't sell anyone to me at all except for massively overblown fees, which now seems unrealistic in the other direction. Oh well...

What exactly did you change about the agreement and how did you do it?

Edited by Weston

That gives me an idea for a future save, one day, but not what I'm looking for today, so...

220px-Frosinone_Calcio_logo.svg.png

Roster as of 1 July 2020

Spoiler

1332397244_FrosinoneRoster1July20.thumb.jpg.85fadd9926325efca5cbd8c59e496dfe.jpg

Not much of note in our U-20 or U-18. Best prospect looks to be a 15-year-old lefty winger drawing some interest. Will likely sell him if I can get a decent enough offer. We need the money! Currently €7M in the red, with a capped out wage bill (€300k) and €5M transfer budget. Will have to thin the roster out, and hopefully, managing to have enough to stay up. 

Edited by XuluBak

7 hours ago, Weston said:

Yeah they need to work on this. As Bari, Napoli has been too willing to give me players in the past, so I made a personal rule to not sign anyone above a certain squad status from them. Wish they'd fix it so we didn't have to police ourselves by guessing what is or is not realistic.

Ironically, they then got relegated right after we both had a change of board, and now they won't sell anyone to me at all except for massively overblown fees, which now seems unrealistic in the other direction. Oh well...

What exactly did you change about the agreement and how did you do it?

Board Request- Networking - Negotiate Existing Affiliation.

17 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Board Request- Networking - Negotiate Existing Affiliation.

But what did you change and what happened exactly? What are the possible options for this?

5 hours ago, Weston said:

But what did you change and what happened exactly? What are the possible options for this?

I can't remember as I haven't done it in a while. Have a try yourself as the options are quite clear from what I remember.

7 hours ago, Weston said:

I think it's just a matter of which club is considered the "senior" affiliate. I thought it was Udinese in my end-of-season startup save because Watford had been relegated, but I loaded up a Jan 1 start point, and they were the senior affiliate at that time as well. I enquired about De Paul from Watford and he definitely wasn't free. 

4 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I can't remember as I haven't done it in a while. Have a try yourself as the options are quite clear from what I remember.

2 hours ago, XuluBak said:

I think it's just a matter of which club is considered the "senior" affiliate. I thought it was Udinese in my end-of-season startup save because Watford had been relegated, but I loaded up a Jan 1 start point, and they were the senior affiliate at that time as well. I enquired about De Paul from Watford and he definitely wasn't free. 

Just to test I saved the game and then asked to renegotiate. The board didn't want to, I had to force them into it, then it happened, and nothing changed. Still confused.

Before:

image.thumb.png.9d9300ff93526c0bc2a35d6683fcbd9d.png

After:

image.thumb.png.9c848ec4a2518abde694ddbd4ca7aaf2.png

3 minutes ago, Weston said:

Just to test I saved the game and then asked to renegotiate. The board didn't want to, I had to force them into it, then it happened, and nothing changed. Still confused.

Before:

After:

Is there any way you can look on the editor as I aint an expert as they might be able to show you on there.

3 minutes ago, Weston said:

Before:

After:

Napoli and Bari is just a loan agreement. Udinese-Watford is shared ownership. This is what Udinese-Watford affiliation looks like:

Udinese-Watford.thumb.jpg.f56f596063ede37ee1400f68f5a33247.jpg

3 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

Napoli and Bari is just a loan agreement. Udinese-Watford is shared ownership. This is what Udinese-Watford affiliation looks like:

Cheers for posting this as I was struggling to help him.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Is there any way you can look on the editor as I aint an expert as they might be able to show you on there.

1 hour ago, XuluBak said:

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Cheers for posting this as I was struggling to help him.

Interesting. I think the Napoli/Bari partnership may have already automatically changed, then because I now remember it used to say something about us sharing the same board before we both went through takeovers. Can you see what it says in your saves? I haven't seen them offer a player for 0 since it happened, so perhaps we used to be a joint ownership of the same kind you're showing me, but are no longer.

2 minutes ago, Weston said:

Interesting. I think the Napoli/Bari partnership may have already automatically changed, then because I now remember it used to say something about us sharing the same board before we both went through takeovers. Can you see what it says in your saves? I haven't seen them offer a player for 0 since it happened, so perhaps we used to be a joint ownership of the same kind you're showing me, but are no longer.

I aint doing a save with Udinese, I am doing a Burton Albion save so can't help you sorry.

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I aint doing a save with Udinese, I am doing a Burton Albion save so can't help you sorry.

No I mean just click over to Napoli and select affiliates and see what it says in your save. If they're in your game database you can still see it.

6 minutes ago, Weston said:

No I mean just click over to Napoli and select affiliates and see what it says in your save. If they're in your game database you can still see it.

Shared board, but it's just an expanded loan agreement. 

9 minutes ago, Weston said:

I don't have the Italian leagues loaded, sorry.

0b72cea505c5699b2a025ca0fd602888.png 
Here what Napoli/ Bari links shows on my save

220px-Frosinone_Calcio_logo.svg.png

2020-2021 Preview

My first season in charge at Frosinone (again) is underway. After lots of summer player and support staff movement, we're hopefully set to stay in Serie A for the first time in club history. Finances dictated we have a net profit transfer window, which we managed with €20.5M in player sales and €10.25 in purchases. Our two biggest acquisitions were Julian Chabot (CB, Sampadoria) and Niclas Eliasson (LW, Bristol City). We also brought in Taiwo Awoniyi (ST, Liverpool) and Lyanco (CB, Torino) on loan, with a €10M option on the latter. As a newly promoted side, with limited resources, our focus is to play solid defense and hit on counter often enough to survive. Ideally, we'd be a threat on set pieces as well, but unfortunately, we don't have the set piece takers to go with our backline giants, yet. 

We're primarily employing a 343 (with the 4 in the WB/DM strata) for defensive purposes, switching to 3412 to be more attacking. The idea was to be able to switch seamlessly, on the fly, but couldn't find the right fit for the key piece in that equation, so tactical subs will have to be employed to make that change. We were dreadful in preseason, but while our attack is largely nonexistent, we've been fantastic defensively, through three (real) matches. Granted, we weren't up against the toughest competition, but an encouraging start nonetheless. 

Lastly, the board has approved training, youth training, and data analysis facility upgrades! 

Squad as of 1 September 2020:

Spoiler

(updated the view slightly, to include "potential" instead of "ability" stars)

243068137_FrosinoneRoster1September20.thumb.jpg.db7b4d96f796b008d58ddda4d6cc43cb.jpg

Edited by XuluBak

a03fc2ded67add2f786a0b756cb057a6.png48484fdd7c97f3ecc89a4b385a510676.png

Loving this guy's progress :cool: :eek:  Already made 47 appearances,  Been utterly superb for me since I took over, amazing partnership in defence with Marco Varnier :cool: Already turned down 14M+ from Man City for him.

Edited by john1

I guess "third time's the charm" only applies sometimes! At least I finally got my first top flight trophy, even if it wasn't the best one. For the second straight season I only needed a point from the last CL group stage match but lost instead.

image.thumb.png.49620fc864ebd215974543a5a262ae8d.png

image.thumb.png.3257b65d6649dce02805ee174dfe4e39.png

In the league I broke all club records en route to ANOTHER silver medal, due to Guardiola's Juve just being too powerful to catch.

image.thumb.png.05518f2c2cd0ed64771b29dc5847efc1.png

Compare that to 2016-17 when Roma also broke their all-time points record but still finished 2nd to Juve - we even had more points than Juve did that season!

image.thumb.png.25a01751503cfc4d0e0025db66488fe3.png

In any case, I still have an incredibly talented and cohesive squad filled with almost exclusively young players that are getting better all the time. It's not the fastest way to glory, but with the 2nd youngest average age of 23.37, we're playing the long game, and I know it has to pay off eventually. I've given new contracts the the best without a release clause in sight, and many of those who arrived as teenagers from other nations have now earned HGC status.

I have a very promising Italian center back (whose name means "trousers") arriving on a free:

image.thumb.png.e28b70fbda3fe782dabf3307a4783f25.png

And I finally got the amusingly-named Pitbull, whom I've been chasing for years, to fill the one hole I had left in the squad:

image.thumb.png.9729c27e2c880405e7e0d90701d0371b.png

If I can hold on to everyone in the summer the team will remained largely unchanged. Considering I usually am the best team in the league in the 2nd half of the season but fail to win the title because of slip ups very early in the season, I think my only real issue is too much turnover causing chemistry issues in the opening matches.

Next season that won't be an issue. So the goal? SCUDETTO!

Edited by Weston

And just as I say that Juve do this. So... who knows.

Diouf I already know well - he scored a 30 yard rocket in injury time to force us to drop points again Barcelona in the CL a few years ago, and I blame that for us failing to make it out of the group. 

image.thumb.png.03ad00974262fd2a311ebff65d01258f.png

Edited by Weston

Just started a save with Milan. My first save in Italy on this years game. Noticed they arent in any European competition at the start of the game. Allows me time to concentrate on the league and getting them back to the top end of the table. Noticed they have a lot of aging players though. Do I risk offloading them as some of them are in the "Influential" category. 

Anybody else still playing their saves?

Welcome to any newcomers, btw!

aec9077a72ae51af54a81bc09c3b321a.png 
Finally won Coppa Italia!

2 hours ago, quee said:

Anybody else still playing their saves?

Welcome to any newcomers, btw!

I am :D Just got 2 games left to finish the season \o/