[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

So Bari Jan 2024.

So far so good, I'm not going to win the league but am very competitive sitting in 4th position with 31 points, 6 behind Inter. In the Europa league I topped the group on goal difference against Everton. The away leg against Everton was a thrilling 3-3 draw after being 2 down showing some grit and detemination.

image.thumb.png.73a8c31d15e7b8637209215ce674270c.png

Player wise, fitting into a new formation was always going to be a bit of a challenge, with all 3 RW'ers in the squad only accomplised at the start of the season. In January 2/3 have now become natural, but ironically Despodov who hasn't is still probably the best performer at RM(a). Haaland himself isn't pulling up trees but his partnership with Salcedo looks to be growing with 14 goals between the pair. Otherwise Petkov is a really good backup striker, well worth the £4 million I spent on him. He's got 4 goals from 4(11) appearances with a 7.01 average and really looks like a class act. If I have to sell one of Haaland or Salcedo I have no hesitation on promoting him to first choice.

I've often wondered how good the club dividends are for the owners after sitting and growing a fortune (£30->50 million) for over a year now and finally they have given me some extra money! How to spend it however I'm not sure, I could sign some backups but I think I'll wait and see if anyone interesting gets transfer listed.

image.thumb.png.abf47492a422f1c469fc8ceb772754bb.png

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Weston said:

I think I may have died!

image.png.968f3bd6a2b004275615385204e8ac0b.png

It seems like nothing but homemade personal protection equipment. Still as good as ours, ordered officially by Polish Gov..
Back to virtual Italy then:
Everyone is about to be set for automatic promotion and have its own calciopoli. Unrealistic loans almost killed the save, although we decided to follow it expecting some challenge in serie A. Interesting that Scappini is still my best striker at Reggiana. He's 32 and looks perfect for Leyton Orient, Pellegri is inconsistent typically for his age, Gouiri just stopped performing since few games. As its online game its possible for you, calcio ethusiasts,to join us, however game is played on weekday mornings predominantly and in the late evenings (even till 3 a.m.). If someone is really determined and keen to start from serie C (girone A or C ideally), PM me. obraz.thumb.png.f9906995d0090a5bb39d64312b53f5a8.pngobraz.thumb.png.5504d3d0a427fad48732b2b20e2ee930.png

obraz.thumb.png.7658278c75a18323c0b267c5cf0a2a22.png

9FF55985-13EF-49D5-AF5B-4B33585620B5.thumb.jpeg.6e152a9cbd8fc99456b6f02ede04354f.jpeg

VENEZIA FC - 2022/23 - End of Season Review

I fully intended on doing the usual mid-season update but this was the weird season due to the world cup so it all went to pot and i was so busy with work that i didn't have time to pull anything together.

So the aim at the start of the season was to build up on our 11th place finish and quality for the Euro Cup.

I also promised a lot of player movement in the transfer market and that certainly happened:

OUT

ST - Sabatcheu to Norwich - £2.1m

LB - Felicioli to Bologna - £5m

RW - Aramu to Empoli - £3m

CM - Lusamba to Zaragoza - £2.6m

As well as a lot of free transfers to free up wage budget.

IN

MC - Boulanger from Barecona B - £850k (a youngster to work on)

RW - Simon from River Plate - £2m (a young back up to Tutino, lots of pace a scope for improvement)

MC - Otavio from Bordeaux £1.4m (optional fee as part of the loan deal last year)

MC - Carrascal from River Plate - £3.6m (attacking midfielder with plenty of potential)

LB - Amavi from Marsielle - £7.5m (impressive wing back, good on the ball and good defender)

The season started REALLY well, so well in fact that when we broke in November for the World Cup we were TOP OF SERIE A by 4 points! The team clicked really well, Rollheiser was scoring, Unuvar looked good, the midfield with Alena as the main creator and Otavia as the "destroyer", looked in control of most games and were creating plenty of chances.

Obviously that didn't last!

The team became unsettled when bids started coming in for the stars, Goalkeeper Farinez, striker Rollheiser,central defenders Cistana & Gravillon and midfield creator Alena also received some bids which were all rejected.

Eventually I relented and sold Rollheiser to  Jiangsu for £20m, Farinez went to Wolfsburg for £9m and my rightback, Gorosabel, went to Athletico Madrid for £9.75m.  Flavien Tate also went to Brest for £750k - bless him!!!

I accepted a £20m bid for Cistana but he failed to agree terms so ended up staying.

To replace them I bought in:

Right back, Bouah from Milan for £8.25m, midfielder Monchu from Barcelona B for £425k (expiring contract), winger Martin Terrier from Lyon for £4.5m (to give Unuvar some competition) and young striker Damiani from Cagliari for £3.9, which is already looking like an absolute bargain!!

Back to the league:

Not going to lie, it took ages to recover. The morale of some players were still effected and it took a while to get things back on track. We'd lost our star striker and captain. We plummeted down the league and found ourselves as low at 10th!!! Luckily a couple more tactic tweaks worked well and we climbed back up to 6th and QUALIFIED FOR EUROPE!!! As you can see from the league table we're still quite a way off the pack but again, a good platform to build upon. 

Will look to strengthen and hope there's a couple of bargains going! By the way, at the start of the season, Milan winger Suso was a free agent so I shattered my wage budget to sign him, but he ended up signing with Lyon for HALF the weekly wages I offered! The fiend!! haha.

ADAFC4A2-6AB6-4EE2-9DAB-ED24809345F0.jpeg

26ABB353-1DD1-4D6B-A3F5-0B6D2904EE76.jpeg

Edited by Matt_1979

I am about to start the 5th season with Hellas Verona, Italian football is so fun teaching you how to break very defensive tactics.

Of course i am using a 3-man defensive block with a libero just like the golden era of serieA.

I am even making stat tables to improve the basic tactic and recruit the right players
8ef58ea9f95b3cf13e30dbb6a0dcecb5.png

Spent all of January looking for a new CM, Alessio Riccadi was my top pick but as I was £20 million short I had to look elsewhere! He was unhappy at Roma and joined Man Utd for £44 million, I think this may be a good thing as with the likes of Pogba, Tielemans, Fernandes, Mount and Grealish he may not be overly happy with potentially diminished playing time. He's one of the few HG at club players that exists for Bari, so I'd love for him to come home (even if he spent all 3 of the years on loan)! Hunting for a CM in January however is awful, everyone wants either £130 million for a 19 year old or the older pro's (Brozovic, Zielinski and Gagliardini) want £80k+. Brozovic and Zielinski turned my loan offers down (neither want to play for Bari) and Gagliardini was very expensive (£70k + 100k fee/month with compulsary £5 million buy) so I moved away to look at mid-priced younger players. In the end I looked at 3, all regens whose club would actually start to negotiate within my budget.

image.thumb.png.1c54e84e0b4d049014bb51928aca41f7.png

image.thumb.png.447d845f8e09260599dd32628777bfee.png

image.thumb.png.b0958d09b1575e05b0f3ceebfb066afe.png

Unfortunately Angel Ruiz isn't European so wouldn't be able to join until the end of the season despite being the cheapest at £7 million. Despite Clerc being unhappy, he hasn't handed in a transfer request so Standard will not budge from his buyout of £25 million, which my board will not sanction (this feature is bloody irritating). In the end despite my team not playing a CAM, Dumortier is accomplised at CM, has a great personality and 2 great player traits. He's costing a club record £9 million upfront with £7.5 over 3 years, but I think after he has been followed by Barcelona and Madrid that he is the best long term choice for the club. My only other transfer is to bring in this other regen from Lazio. It's a strange one as he only joined Lazio in 2020 and after spending 2/3 seasons on loan, he's out of contract and thankfully he wanted to stay in Italy.

image.thumb.png.6fb445c1185dfbcef8c1e3c9479c300c.png

11 hours ago, kevaggel said:

I am about to start the 5th season with Hellas Verona, Italian football is so fun teaching you how to break very defensive tactics.

Welcome!

Interesting spreadsheet! What position did you finished for each season? (Missing on your sheet)

4 hours ago, john1 said:

Absolutely fantastic to see this thread still going strong! Apologise for my lack of input :lol:

Same! Longer hiatus than planned but I'm itching to get back to it. :D

16 hours ago, quee said:

Welcome!

Interesting spreadsheet! What position did you finished for each season? (Missing on your sheet)

Same! Longer hiatus than planned but I'm itching to get back to it. :D

Sadly, I am struggling to get my save going in Italy :( Might start new save elsewhere and see if it will drag me back to Italy at some point :brock:

1100.png.a83bc10cde9dc111cd79153e0f3f800e.png

AS Roma - Season 6 Update

Transfers

e93e84db1146b7a78c214fdba77ee121.png

Most transfers brought in this season were with the future in mind. Braaf came in to replace the outgoing Diaby, who has been a good servant for the club over the last few years. Try as we may, I couldn't agree a deal to bring Tonali back permanently. Some massive outgoings were made though, when Karl came back off loan, he wanted more first team football that I couldn't guarantee him, so he went out, whilst Tony Heintz came in to replace him for a tidy profit. Oscar Torres also leaves us after a big bid came in from China in January. He was a good player but he never quite fit the style for one position, was always a couple of attributes short. Celso Estevao will be the long term replacement for him at RB, he won't be able to be registered until the new season though. Jayden Bogle was brought in on loan in January to provide cover at RB after Torres left.

Results

df49eb01a5646da3780d97c82a448055.png

We had our best season yet in Serie A, but it was not enough for the unstoppable Inter team. They were unreal from the very beginning and our results of just one point from six against them certainly didn't help. At least this gives me more motivation to go on and topple them next year though, it's not all plain sailing, even after making us into one of the biggest clubs in the world. Next year, we take our title back.

60d530bcfdcd8bc1efc79cf5e660f710.png

A really disappointing effort in the cup this year, as Fiorentina knocked us out at the semi final stage with ease. They went on to win it, beating league winners Inter in the final.

7509d940918362ed803a6620b7ab3666.png

4cc042066a67467ecaeeb35c2cc13b26.png

After getting through a pretty easy group with 16 points from a possible 18, we were drawn against Atletico in the first KO round. I thought it would be a pretty tough draw but we brushed them aside with ease, with Esposito on killer form. Then came the challenge of United, who beat us in the final two years ago. We took a two goal lead to Old Trafford but it wasn't enough, a brace from Rashford took us into extra time. It was here our boys turned up though and two goals were enough to send us into a semi final date with Real. A nice 3-2 aggregate win saw us through here and we would meet yet another team from Spain in the final.

ed036e53d461e4b44e2d07317e95355d.png

Absolutely gutting. Unfortunately though, it was the story of our season. An early goal from Mancini was cancelled out by two quickfire goals from Barca then we couldn't shift a gear for the rest of the game, we were poor and didn't really deserve it. A great run though and our third straight Champions League final.

Other Competitions

With victories over A.C. Milan and Lazio respectively, we become both UEFA Super Cup and Supercoppa champions, but everybody knows that they aren't the trophies you want to go home with. 

89a408d16608fa15fc8c77834f55e1f8.png

843ba5db7146521c88bc5167bea6390a.png

After a long hard season, the lads had to come back off holiday to play in the Club World Cup. After an impressive group stage performance, we drew Liverpool in the Quarters, who we turned over fairly easily. Three days later though, although we dominated, PSG were clinical and took their chances, we ended up having to score in the last minute of extra time to even take it to penalties, which we eventually lost. Typically though, we dispatched of Barca with ease in the 3rd place playoff, where was this performance two months ago?

Player of the Season

5392fb741764fe1bbd049c222e501c7d.png

4def06aa3cf33eb64928d80a0fa77009.png

Even though he is now one of our oldest squad members, since dropping back to a deeper role in central midfield, our captain Lorenzo Pellegrini had an amazing season. With 17 assists and 7 goals in 43 competitive games, he was great for us this season, I think it was his best yet. Other notables include Esposito, who bagged 28 in 38 apps in all comps, and new signing Leandrinho, who got 12 goals and 4 assists in 43 apps. I expect more from both next season though.

This season was probably the most disappointing so far, but it only motivates me more to go and get our titles back next season. For now though, FORZA ROMA!!!

Another year and a 2nd straight 2nd place finish in both the league and the cup. The silver double, as I've decided to call it. I've now done the double silver double.

1883871845_MessagesImage(1814007183).thumb.png.a6177d9e323aa3aa40b3c22ee9ff066d.png 1911827848_MessagesImage(552366743).thumb.png.03ce55dfd0dffcac2b2c9e09a36d0d81.png

So not a whole lot of progress, but I've kept my young squad intact and on the up despite our star missing a few months with broken ribs. Still not too bad for a club that was only founded 8 years ago. We survived the club takeover and got a very small cash injection that didn't really translate to any of my budgets. They never said a word about sacking me like they warned they would. Meanwhile, Milan brought Ancelotti back.

The crazy thing is Napoli got relegated! The Di Laurentiis family sold us and are in the process of losing Napoli now too. The crazy thing is they were my parent club and now we're a league above them - I always wanted a Serie B affiliate, I just never thought this is how it would happen! What a 20 years they had - at least they got their two scudetti (ignore the current league position, it's alphabetical at this stage).

image.thumb.png.6af1c50962cc670744acf082759af86a.png

Amusingly they have not updated the affiliation info:

image.thumb.png.a7debb23d14fa95e780fbfddf821d900.png

4 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

@Weston what manager did Juve get in your save? Rarely see them over 85 points and you seem to have landed a great version.

Glad to see you didn't get sacked because of a takeover too, that would suck.

Guardiola! So my humble squad and I struggled to keep up, as you can imagine...

1 minute ago, Weston said:

Guardiola! So my humble squad and I struggled to keep up, as you can imagine...

Ahh actually I think I remember reading you say that. Interesting he's doing so well with them - he's been dreadful for Milan/Chelsea in the last couple saves I've played, and Juve have been equally bad with whomever they hire. Are you using a better managers pack or is he just a good fit for them?

Pretty cool that it gives you somebody to dethrone anyway.

4 hours ago, Stackalee said:

Ahh actually I think I remember reading you say that. Interesting he's doing so well with them - he's been dreadful for Milan/Chelsea in the last couple saves I've played, and Juve have been equally bad with whomever they hire. Are you using a better managers pack or is he just a good fit for them?

Pretty cool that it gives you somebody to dethrone anyway.

The managers are all natural FM! I actually hate doing too well because it feels unrealistic, so this is not upsetting me too much at all, to be honest. I'm glad Juve are being, well, Juve. Would feel wrong if Guardiola tanked.

2 hours ago, Weston said:

The managers are all natural FM! I actually hate doing too well because it feels unrealistic, so this is not upsetting me too much at all, to be honest. I'm glad Juve are being, well, Juve. Would feel wrong if Guardiola tanked.

No exactly, but judging by my saves and the last few pages of this thread you've been quite fortunate there. It seems more common for Juve to get 70 something points than 90 something.

That's why I wondered if you'd improved the managers.

4 hours ago, Stackalee said:

No exactly, but judging by my saves and the last few pages of this thread you've been quite fortunate there. It seems more common for Juve to get 70 something points than 90 something.

That's why I wondered if you'd improved the managers.

I think it must be your save as Juve have won the league 3/4 years (came 3rd in the other) and this year are 6 points clear on my save with 8 games to go this season. The only thing they haven't done is got anywhere in the Champions League, where Liverpool have won 3 years in a row. Things may change as Raimundo is joining Man Utd this summer. Guardiola is at Inter in my save and the AI have done a good job on buying players, bringing in the likes of Gnabry, Tonali, Baro, Guerreiro etc.

Will post a full update later, my season hasn't been great since January. Although the plan was to go to a flat 4-4-2, I'm finding without any CDM's my defence is getting ripped apart when I go chasing goals, no matter the opposition so I've moved to a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 to maintain 2 strikers as that's unnegotiable for this season. I've had a 5-match and a 6-match losing steak, which included being knocked out of the Italian cup 5-2 on aggregate and the Europa league 5-1 on aggregate (to Inter who smashed me). But when it works.... wow:

image.thumb.png.16aacdf23aa584fa8c71038fe6dcd73c.png

image.thumb.png.dd2f7844649c222955ef08353f177907.png

Edited by jonathan44

18 minutes ago, jonathan44 said:

I think it must be your save as Juve have won the league 3/4 years (came 3rd in the other) and this year are 6 points clear on my save with 8 games to go this season.

I mean, they pretty much always do well first season - mostly on the strength of Ronaldo. But just in the last few pages of this thread there are something like 7 instances of Juve finishing a league season on 80 or fewer points, which is disappointing imo and should probably be a more rare occurrence.

Edit - sorry to hear about your form, hopefully it will pick up. 4-1-2-1-2 can be very solid in this years edition, for mine I found that some specific man marking by the central midfielders was important to avoid being overloaded on the wings.

Edited by Stackalee

Kinda lost my love of the Bari save for now...managed to get to Serie A, and get a good finish first season (7th). Got through the first two weeks or so of the transfer market, making some great signings (Moriba on a free being the main one), but then suffered a crash dump :( 
Tried to re-do the transfers, but all but two of them decided to go elsewhere on the second run, including Moriba. I was sooo looking forward to my new look Bari challenging for a Euro spot :rolleyes:

Not dead, will go back to it in a couple of days, once the anger and disappointment wears off.

*Yes I do have autosave on, but only every 4 weeks - due to a mix of speed and the fact I'd never came across a crash dump on fm20.*

3 hours ago, Stu_UBJ said:

Kinda lost my love of the Bari save for now...managed to get to Serie A, and get a good finish first season (7th). Got through the first two weeks or so of the transfer market, making some great signings (Moriba on a free being the main one), but then suffered a crash dump :( 
Tried to re-do the transfers, but all but two of them decided to go elsewhere on the second run, including Moriba. I was sooo looking forward to my new look Bari challenging for a Euro spot :rolleyes:

Not dead, will go back to it in a couple of days, once the anger and disappointment wears off.

*Yes I do have autosave on, but only every 4 weeks - due to a mix of speed and the fact I'd never came across a crash dump on fm20.*

Sorry to hear that! I save obsessively every few days for this reason.

I normally have auto save set to every week...but was running a test save for a draft game I was involved with on Discord, and changed to monthly so it would process quicker during holiday

On 11/06/2020 at 11:29, Stackalee said:

I mean, they pretty much always do well first season - mostly on the strength of Ronaldo. But just in the last few pages of this thread there are something like 7 instances of Juve finishing a league season on 80 or fewer points, which is disappointing imo and should probably be a more rare occurrence.

Edit - sorry to hear about your form, hopefully it will pick up. 4-1-2-1-2 can be very solid in this years edition, for mine I found that some specific man marking by the central midfielders was important to avoid being overloaded on the wings.

Juve seem to be trash on my save. I'm in season 6 and they haven't even challenged for the league since season 2 and they've had a bad start this year too. One man team what?

End of 2023/2024:

image.thumb.png.bf4644271b5d1db6f226d82af64f0100.png

After commenting on this page that Juve were 6 points clear with 8 games to go, Inter managed to overturn the deficit (and win the Europa League) to top the league. I had a fairly torrid second half of the season and finish 5th for the second year running. All in all, I scored more goals than last year but ended up with 1 less point. As said previously I had to switch from 4-4-2 to a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow which was more balanced. New signing Dumortier had some excellent games in the hole behind the strikers. I sometimes find playing a CAM to be frustrating, but I've found by limiting the 2 CM's to less adventurous roles really allows the CAM to find space and play with freedom:

image.thumb.png.bd4ed4139922ffcd9f3ff92dc27a79d4.png

Team of the season:

image.thumb.png.ae3cb6624a54b8cf64ebbc07b4c2002b.png

Player of the season for me was probably Dimarco, who was pretty much ever present and first name on the teamsheet. Signing of the season was Gabriele Corbo, excellent at CB alongside either Senesi or Marchizza. Poorest was probably Martinelli on loan from Arsenal as he never got going, and as my 2nd highest earner (37k). The only issue moving forward was what formation to select for next season. Due to both Darone and Martinelli returned to their parent clubs and leaving me with no LM'ers in the end, I have decided to keep going with 4-1-2-1-2 and will look to move on some players.

Transfers so far:

image.thumb.png.41430a2ee5182710c77c872485369746.png

The summer isn't over but I've been busy. Going back to playing a CDM left me with the aging Zaccagni as first choice, so in game regen Wellinton who I found using the 'find similar players' from Zaccagni. He was expensive, but he suits what I want from a CDM; passing, vision and teamwork. I have never played a battling CDM, I prefer one to sit in front of the back 4 and spray passes whilst keeping in formation.

image.thumb.png.efdfdab2e8b532a417b3ed01d9f65917.png

Vignoni joins from Club Brugge, who were a little to happy to let him go (I offered £4.6 and they accepted without negotiation). Last summer I just signed two loans for LB/RB cover, but with Passlack attracting scouts/attention weekly I wanted to have a good solid backup with room to improve.

image.thumb.png.f68c7b54d6bf2fa219a284a3e76cd7ef.png

And finally (for now) Bella-Kotchap arrives on loan from Man City. I tried to sign him 2 seasons ago, but he chose City over me (I wasn't surprised). I have a £10 million pound option on him, which I am likely to take up.

image.thumb.png.d3cc68cd1702a6e50a8517c3a564fb1a.png

On the outgoing, I am sad that Despodov wanted to leave and after 3 good seasons I'm happy to make a £6 million pound profit. If I were planning to play RW/LW I would have kept him. Otherwise some fringe players leave both permenantly and on loan for experience.

Finally, Haaland. So on the premier league deadline day, Man Utd offer £15 million (he's worth £16.75) which I reject. He's unhappy, I agree to let him leave for his release clause (which I upgraded mid-season to £35 million) but they proceed to offer £19->£21->£23->£26 million which just pisses me off. I reject all, he's even more annoyed and I'm unhappy. I then get some utterly ridiculous offers including this one from Schalke. Well done AI, I'll pay £6 million pounds in wages for a player I don't want to sell whilst accepting less money than his value. Lunacy.

image.thumb.png.1374a6235c9a7b83ae920aabfa799fc3.png

15 minutes ago, oakesypvfc said:

https://i.gyazo.com/103b6eb914327d399e9dfa6c5f79b3d6.mp4

Now I remember why I wanted to bring Tonali back to Roma <3

Funny, he's actually at Lazio in mine and not *that* amazing.

image.thumb.png.44bc965b136b2b43229c173d7d5af879.png

I mean, good, yes, but none of the players you guys are ranting and raving about are really that special for me! But that's good, I'm glad they have some randomness coded in so we all have equally feasible possibilities in the spread of virtual reality.

18 hours ago, Weston said:

Funny, he's actually at Lazio in mine and not *that* amazing.

image.thumb.png.44bc965b136b2b43229c173d7d5af879.png

I mean, good, yes, but none of the players you guys are ranting and raving about are really that special for me! But that's good, I'm glad they have some randomness coded in so we all have equally feasible possibilities in the spread of virtual reality.

I'd still have him in my team haha, I reckon there isn't a lot of difference between him in yours and mine.

28d6524da18d2e57e0f5fa0e74d8913d.png

I've taken him on loan for the next two years, just have to pay his astronomical wage haha

Tonali is pretty much the same on this current save as well, he's good but I think Neves or Arthur are arguably better than him. On my save, things have taken an awkward turn, one day before the start of the season and this happened. It was fun whilst it lasted but Haaland is off to Lazio for his buyout. Ironically during the negotiations I was able to offer him a contract but he wanted at least 40k more than my top offer of 80k/week. I dislike when they move to a domestic rival, very irritating. But on the other hand, £35 million profit.

image.thumb.png.bcb3ab57bef834e5170e2a14b2511d59.png

1 hour ago, jonathan44 said:

Tonali is pretty much the same on this current save as well, he's good but I think Neves or Arthur are arguably better than him. On my save, things have taken an awkward turn, one day before the start of the season and this happened. It was fun whilst it lasted but Haaland is off to Lazio for his buyout. Ironically during the negotiations I was able to offer him a contract but he wanted at least 40k more than my top offer of 80k/week. I dislike when they move to a domestic rival, very irritating. But on the other hand, £35 million profit.

image.thumb.png.bcb3ab57bef834e5170e2a14b2511d59.png

I reckon you should have given him it to be honest :(

How come you got him on a free? Who was that stupid haha

1 hour ago, oakesypvfc said:

I reckon you should have given him it to be honest :(

How come you got him on a free? Who was that stupid haha

Couldn't board limit on wage is 80k/week, he wanted 120k/week which he was never going to negotiate on. He's signed for Lazio on 110k with a 10% yearly increase. This is the original version so he isn't brilliant and RedBull let him leave on a bosman. Strangely he didn't attract much attention when I signed him, but because Bari have such a low reputation he would only sign with a £25 million buyout which I was able to upgrade by £10 million half way through the year.

On 12/06/2020 at 02:46, Knox316 said:

@quee any tips for a new Parma save ? :D

Try to extend/bring back Kulusevski and Radu on-loan if you can. Try to do it in the summer instead of January, so you can extend for +2 more season instead of just another season. Alastra can be the #1 long-term if you want to commit to giving his the opportunities.

Don't be afraid to use the older players, some of them can still do a good job for Parma. Bruno Alves, Darmian, Scozzarella, Gervinho can still perform quite well. I had trouble getting Kucka and Kurtic to perform as B2B, but their physical presence are much needed. I prefer Kucka over Kurtic as well.

For youth, Adorante and Palmucci were my top 2, with the latter securing his spot in the first X1. I think they have some random attributes though, so not sure how they are on yours?

I would build my Parma side short to mid-term around Darmian, Gagliolo, Pezella, Hernani (check out his optional fee before it expires), and Inglese. With loans and other older players or new signings as you would like to build your squad as you like.

If you're planning to get Buffon, don't bring him in January. Let him come in the 2nd season, most likely on a free transfer. I brought forward his Bosman signing to January and he retired after 6 months :( That mentoring from him will do wonders for Radu and Alastra especially!

Other than that, looking forward to see how you get on and do your own Parma save! Do keep us updated! :D

I'm planning to get back to mine, but not sure when :lol: Kept delaying it!

Quick one, with Haaland gone I turned to one of two options, a young lad from Perugia and a 22 year old from Genk. Ironically despite the younger lad being my prefered option due to the higher aggresion (I like an advanced forward/pressing forward combo) they would not remove the 'sign replacement' option first so the transfer didn't go through in time.

image.thumb.png.b2a979ec5cfce3766b8296d6a9a04b74.png

So in the end I spent £23 million on Australian international with the most greek name ever Thanais Pananikolopoulos. His aggression is low, but he was the best option I can see. Let's hope his partnership with Salcedo works out otherwise it's an expensive flop!

image.thumb.png.e83ee39aba64a5ee3735cb76a6c091c8.png

Got some subs for the wings and 2 centre backs, sold Bruno Alves because his contract was going to end and he is old. So far so good. Im surprised thats its so good tbh!

Sorry for the screens in Portuguese!

Taticas.png

Transf.png

lol.png

Calendário.png

I'm really proud of what I think is a phenomenal team I've put together this season. I haven't had a lot of time to play lately, and then when I do, this happens :(

image.thumb.png.bedb97988648cb6949974c8e575e7b94.png

The worst part? There were only supposed to be 4 mins added on, and the second goal was scored after time ran out :seagull:

I lost 4 matches all last season and so far I've lost 3 of my 7 this year, and 2 of those 3 have been from fluke goals past 90'. Every season my team gets stronger and my starts get weaker...

MPCZx9k.png

They were unbeaten for 15 games. Inter is next:

If i draw or win, i may stay top 4. If i loose, Inter and Milan are going to pass me and leave me out of top 5. 

y94CZRW.png

April was a bad month and the injuries are starting to appear. I couldnt play Gervinho, Caprani and Kurtic vs Juve and still wont play them vs Inter. Lets see how the last 3 games are going.

End of the season:

ZeKdwro.png

f3kK4lI.png

dGTekUC.png

We did it boyyyyyyyyyyys!

We could have secured CL much earlier but games like this makes FM being so... "special":

wWNW1LB.png

0rxTY2d.png

Next season is going to be a slow start. Need to scout to improve squad to try to win the Italian Cup. Need to get better subs as well for CL games.

I wanted to get Alphonso Davies and Marco Kana but i dont have budget and i try to keep my team finances in order. Gonna be a slow and fun second season start.

tQdGHjL.png

MwtjbgS.png

Squad sorted by MotM awards

dohaIir.png

Expected a bit more. He was also the penaly taker.

Edited by Knox316

End of summer transfer market of my second season. Some players like Inglese were already bought by default.
lEsoLR1.png

Other good players like Gvardiol
https://i.imgur.com/iB2pkTb.png

Giovanni Reyna
https://i.imgur.com/4S5NhOs.png

Bench player
https://i.imgur.com/AJ0jcUt.png

Loan of Kulusevski
n7SMbUA.png

Start of Season
https://i.imgur.com/ARCyc9s.png

Still have 15M to spend on January or free transfers. My midfield is getting old and slow but i think i will be fine for the Serie A for now. Even Gervinho is getting old but already have Conceição and he still gets the job done!

Just reached January 2025 and I'm under my 5th transfer embargo due to proposed takeovers (this time I will be replaced by Michael Laudrup according to the press) so I cannot bring anyone in. I sold Marcos Senesi to River plate for £8.25 million after the last game in December, he had only played in the Europa League this season and only had 18 months left on his contract. For the moment, I have just promoted a youth prospect from the U20's but with my 3rd choice CB now unhappy I hope this takeover goes through/fails quickly.

But even better is Passlack, in the summer I had offered a new contract but in the period before he renewed, Inter had offered £18 million which I rejected as it was the final day of the window. He signs his contract and is now worth £18 and now this happened. Schalke, you are making this a very hard deal to turn down...

image.thumb.png.30c9b88a35466c1e81294a5cdcfe62ad.png

He's progressed alot since I signed him in 2022, is currently my vice captain and has an average rating of 7.54 so I'm in two minds on what to do, any suggestions? There aren't a huge number of good naturally attacking RB's and if this was an easy position to replace like central midfielders/striker (regens seem to be available and everywhere) I wouldn't even think twice.

image.thumb.png.382b60c4188158a709f628ad4399d19d.png

Otherwise in the league I'm doing better than last season, but Inter have taken the league by storm and are unbeaten and have only let in 7 gols so far. I've let in 9, but my away form is patchy which hasn't helped. On the plus side Eddie Salcedo is top scorer in the league and Frederico Dimarco is top of the assist table.

image.thumb.png.d775b3f5d8fdc87143b9d3236cad734f.png

Update 20-6-20: (it's gone quiet in this thread but I didn't want to double post). So I let Passlack go, he cost me £2.1 million in 2022 and to make a £33 million pound profit is too good for a side like Bari to turn down. No-one who is an improvement on second choice RB (regen) Vignoni is available for less than £40 million, so for now I've done something I don't do very often and bring in a old man for my team in Andrea Conti. He hasn't played much all season for Milan but they have Calabria and Romanian international Ratiu at RB. He was out of contract and was available for just under a million and at 30 years old, I think he should have 1-2 seasons left in him. My scouts rated him at 3 stars the same as Vignoni so they will rotate for now whilst Vignoni learns Italian.

image.thumb.png.99bdb0a09b9b4b2f68731d08e7954cb7.png

Otherwise, January has been kind on the pitch but brutal off of it. Key wins vs Roma and Juve have opened the gap between me and Milan in 2/3rd to 4th to 5 points, but off it... Wow. So Liverpool offered £3 million for Plizzari and he's now unhappy despite me saying he can leave for his release clause (£22 million). I think the way the players react when their contract has a reasonable release clause needs changing, it's just unfair that 1 bid can unsettle someone so much. Furthermore Chelsea and Man Utd have offered on my talisman LB Dimarco. Thankfully, he came asking for a new contract after the bids were rejected so for a modest 5k/week increase he's still happy. I've signed two regens on frees, a GK from Crotia and a LW from Bayern whilst I think I have a new attacking LB on the way in the summer (already reached two 'foreign' player limit).

image.thumb.png.079a7749160f49387d181dae062fd84e.png

Hopefully with champions league football, I won't have to rely on 3 loan signings a year and LB is one of those positions I've always filled with a loanee.. He's a gamble, but at £3 million it's not going to break the bank.

Edited by jonathan44

Everybody's favorite LB Federico Dimarco has just come on in real life for his second ever appearance for Hellas Verona.

Edited by Weston

Just now, Stackalee said:

If he doesn't bag at least a couple assists I'll feel FM lied.

In the 5 regulations minutes he's had he's given up a corner and made a nice clearance. No CL final heroics just yet :lol:

8 hours ago, Weston said:

In the 5 regulations minutes he's had he's given up a corner and made a nice clearance. No CL final heroics just yet :lol:

The guy won me a Champions League final with Inter, surely that will happen in real life also pretty soon.

Hi all. Haven’t been posting for a while as my iPad has been playing up. The good news is I’ve ordered a new laptop which will be delivered tomorrow. Undecided between restarting with Venezia or starting afresh with Hamburg or Stuttgart. 

Hello looking for a italy career im between sassuolo and Venezia who should i manage what is your advice?checked sassuolo squad they look good and have some potentials.venezia(i like badges and kıts) could be a decent Challenge also looking like fun