Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
zlatanera

[FM20] Calcio

Recommended Posts

Another registration issue....so I signed Pedrinho, Zaracho and Gabigol but could only register one due to the Italian rules....

When I go into the registration screen it says ine for two of the other latest signings. Is there any way around this? Selling existing squad player for example? Or is it a case of having to wait another 2 seasons in total before adding them in each season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, r_amanze said:

Hey folks,

Lots of great content in this thread.

I have just started a save with Inter Milan and noticed that they only have one HGC player in their squad. Which is an issue for squad registration. Has anyone who has done an Inter Milan save noticed this? 

Would appreciate some help please. Think I’ve seen @Muttley84 be quite active in this thread with Inter Milan.

As I am sure I've mentioned in this thread before, playing on FM Touch I had a bug where I was never asked for player registration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Daws88 said:

Another registration issue....so I signed Pedrinho, Zaracho and Gabigol but could only register one due to the Italian rules....

When I go into the registration screen it says ine for two of the other latest signings. Is there any way around this? Selling existing squad player for example? Or is it a case of having to wait another 2 seasons in total before adding them in each season?

You can free up a slot each season if you sell a non-EU player out of Italy, it can't be to another club but for the other you stand no chance. I messed up with mine, I signed this lad for my all new 442 formation, but forgot that I had already signed a non-EU player, so he's had to go out on loan to another club for a season. Ironically I then sold a non-EU player to Spain so I have a free slot now...

image.thumb.png.551035bab9aa560481a84286fca22374.png

With that, these are my transfers this summer 23/24

image.thumb.png.7232df42d920bf9cda9b845d9828313b.png

On the way out of the club. With the switch to 442, I was CDM/CM heavy so I sold last years CM duo Lopez and Gojak, doubling my outlay on them from last year to this. I actually offered out Gojak as I had good cover for a BBM midfielder, but I thought £6.75 million for Lopez who was only ever average (22 games, 4 assists, 2 goals avg 6.87) was excellent business. Again with the switch to 442, Bruno Costa was 7th choice CM and after 55 games for the club, I am sad to see him leave but he was one of my weaker players. I've spoken about my issues with Gouiri so when Everton offered £2 million with a 40% sell on I thought it was time to move him on after 5 goals in 37 games. Backups Amlicar Silva and Alex Hack also leave after 2 seasons good service but again they were two of my weaker players.

I couldn't find many players I actually wanted to sign so have doubled my number of loans from last year to bolster the squad. In comes Martinelli for backup ST and LM, two young backup fullbacks to support Passlack and Dimarco and finally a jewel of a player. If it were upto me, I'd have thrown my entire budget on this lad but Inter wouldn't even talk to me. Here is Orlando Darone, who I think is going to be an actual wonderkid. He's destroyed teams in preseason and with the ability to play both CM/LM I hope he'll be the playmaker I missed last year. Then again, I've been wrong before (£8 million on the misfiring Vignato) so if he fails to produce Martinelli will be playing more often.

image.thumb.png.7c27e8d1211d1ef963edeed55e8defdd.png

Otherwise, I picked up transfer listed Martin Petkov (Inter) and Gabriele Cobo (Bologna), and then 4 end of contract players. Haaland isn't quite as good as he is on newer patches but arrives as my best player. Plizzari joins after a successful loan spell with me last season, Belmonte is easily my best CDM/CM and Bradley Robin is a regen who refused to sign a contract with Rennes. He is rated highly by my scouts and coaching team but will be a backup this year.

image.thumb.png.b10b8ad7f6f7ed8992394b81331ccd7e.png

I still have £7 million and 55k wages free, but I can't really afford anyone who would improve what I have. The one player who I would like but Sporting won't sell to me is another LM, who has pace to burn and at 19 can only get better. Is there any reason why players in the Portuguese league are worth so little?

image.thumb.png.32109cdc291b01b05ad976b532792911.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muttley84 said:

As I am sure I've mentioned in this thread before, playing on FM Touch I had a bug where I was never asked for player registration.

Ah ok thanks. Any suggestions on how to manage the homegrown at club issue in the full game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, r_amanze said:

Ah ok thanks. Any suggestions on how to manage the homegrown at club issue in the full game?

You can always bring back some former Inter players like I did with Biraghi on the left back, if you cannot terminate the loans of Dimarco or Salcedo. I'm sure there are some players out there who qualify for the rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muttley84 said:

You can always bring back some former Inter players like I did with Biraghi on the left back, if you cannot terminate the loans of Dimarco or Salcedo. I'm sure there are some players out there who qualify for the rule.

Understood thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Daws88 said:

So, after taking this advice, I was not disappointed with choosing Napoli.

Goals seem to be my issue, Mertens was my main scorer, but has declined, Milik isn't prolific enough. Any recommendations?

Welcome! Glad you tried Napoli :D

Depends on how you want your striker to play, but Esposito is very popular in this thread for young Italian striker.

18 hours ago, r_amanze said:

Hey folks,

Lots of great content in this thread.

I have just started a save with Inter Milan and noticed that they only have one HGC player in their squad. Which is an issue for squad registration. Has anyone who has done an Inter Milan save noticed this? 

Would appreciate some help please. Think I’ve seen @Muttley84 be quite active in this thread with Inter Milan.

Welcome!

You can just leave the slots open. So since you only have one HGC, you can just register 22 players, with 3 unregistered left open.

18 hours ago, Daws88 said:

Another registration issue....so I signed Pedrinho, Zaracho and Gabigol but could only register one due to the Italian rules....

When I go into the registration screen it says ine for two of the other latest signings. Is there any way around this? Selling existing squad player for example? Or is it a case of having to wait another 2 seasons in total before adding them in each season?

Always a tricky situation this, especially those not familiar with non-EU rules in Italy, like I was in FM19.

You can only clear one new slot per season (if you sell an existing non-EU player), and you can register the next in line - which would be Zaracho?

Loaning out Gabigol would make him unhappy, though? As he's by far the biggest name out of the 3. Try loaning out abroad either Pedrinho or Zaracho and sell one of your previous non-EU players? Or just loan out both abroad.

My advice would always try to pay attention to non-EU rules during transfers. If there's any red wordings statement at all, then read them :lol:

11 hours ago, r_amanze said:

Ah ok thanks. Any suggestions on how to manage the homegrown at club issue in the full game?

You can just leave the slots open. So since you only have one HGC, you can just register 22 players, with 3 unregistered left open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@quee Thanks for the advice. I’m going to attempt to bring back some HGC players who are currently on loan. The game states, I need to wait 28 days. If that doesn’t work, I’ll go with your suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, quee said:

Welcome! Glad you tried Napoli :D

Depends on how you want your striker to play, but Esposito is very popular in this thread for young Italian striker.

Welcome!

You can just leave the slots open. So since you only have one HGC, you can just register 22 players, with 3 unregistered left open.

Always a tricky situation this, especially those not familiar with non-EU rules in Italy, like I was in FM19.

You can only clear one new slot per season (if you sell an existing non-EU player), and you can register the next in line - which would be Zaracho?

Loaning out Gabigol would make him unhappy, though? As he's by far the biggest name out of the 3. Try loaning out abroad either Pedrinho or Zaracho and sell one of your previous non-EU players? Or just loan out both abroad.

My advice would always try to pay attention to non-EU rules during transfers. If there's any red wordings statement at all, then read them :lol:

You can just leave the slots open. So since you only have one HGC, you can just register 22 players, with 3 unregistered left open.

I had Esposito in my Roma save, he turned into a great player by season 3 or so.

So Barbosa was the man I went for, and yes your advice was spot on so thanks for that. I ended up selling Lozano to Man Utd, which freed up a space for Zaracho. Barbosa wasn't happy when I tried to loan him out, rejected Liverpool loan bid, so I put him in the reserves and he agreed on the second go. 

Italy is by far the best league to play in due to the competitiveness, but yes the rules are quite confusing at first!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 01/06/2020 at 05:23, r_amanze said:

Hey folks,

Lots of great content in this thread.

I have just started a save with Inter Milan and noticed that they only have one HGC player in their squad. Which is an issue for squad registration. Has anyone who has done an Inter Milan save noticed this? 

Would appreciate some help please. Think I’ve seen @Muttley84 be quite active in this thread with Inter Milan.

When I take over a new team I always search specifically for all players in the game that are club trained at my new club. Then, even if it's for depth, you can sign some or several to bring back home and keep on hand. It's tricky with Bari, the only decent one out there is Castrovilli who would never start for me and is currently at Lazio, who are asking for far too much.

But generally, I have so many young players that squad registration is never in the league, I often barely have the 15 older players that need registering required to start with, it's just the CL that can be tricky with their stricter rules.

Edited by Weston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.3269cc43bd37eb70bebbac72bd7dbff7.png

Imagine sacking, for no good reason, the manager who took you from Serie D winners to 2nd in Serie A, a EL semi, CL knockouts, a Coppa finale, and built the youngest team in the process full of promise for the future. I'd be crushed! Especially since I turned down offers from Manchester United and Liverpool to stay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

332.png?lm=1536916058
SSC Bari Season 2 Review



After a strong 1st season, we looked to keep ourselves going with Serie A just a single promotion away.

We'd signed well in the summer, and we added a couple more in January 

67e88c073c55588394e67ddd58e7d9dc.png

Nikolai Frederiksen will add some quality up top, and give Openda some real competition. Volpatto and Cuoco were u19 signings.

b96b5bafbbc23b509909624cb06361dd.png

Another easy season. We led pretty much from the opening game, and it wasn't until January we first tasted defeat in Serie B. Some luck on our side, with Sampdoria, Empoli and the 2 Verona teams really not hitting their stride, with Chievo shockingly dropping to Serie C!

We've got £8m to spend this summer to negotiate Serie A. We're in need of five signings minimum!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stu_UBJ said:

Chievo shockingly dropping to Serie C!

Maybe someone at SI hates them haha

image.thumb.png.89813f7a205e0a01781750702baccebd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does seem that way! Considering their recent history has been yoyo between A and B.

First match of season was Coppa Italia match v Genoa, managed to field a side consisting of 10 Italian players :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

332.png?lm=1536916058
SSC Bari Season 3 Summer Window



We're finally with the big boys. Back to back promotions sees Bari finally return to Serie A for the first time since 2011. With a lot at stake, we needed to strengthen some key areas of the pitch, so we could stand a chance of staying up this season;-

408b6026611daf1fc3f77c491b9af1b5.png

*I have extended the loans of Tomasso Pobega, Tibo Persyn, Gabriele Capanni, Lois Openda, Luca Ranieri, Stanislav Ivanov, Valenin Antov, and Marco Carraro*

Our first and biggest signing was that of Sebastiano Luperto, who joins on a free after his contract finished with Napoli. He was a rock for us last season, and I'm sure he'll be a star this season. Gianluca Gaetano look the part, and I am confident we can get the best out of him again. Still not quite ready to talk about moving to Bari, but maybe a decent Serie A season will do the trick. Lorenzo Venuti strengthens our DR area, which was an area of concern coming into the new season. Neneca could improve a huge amount, and we are sure to make money on him. Simone Scuffet may not be the star he once was, but he is a massive improvement on our current GK options. 

Misael Lopez was found by my scouts, who earned their money with this find. Already looks the part, and I am sure he's a world-beater in the making. Our final first team signing is Simone Palombi. I am still not totally convinced that Openda will score the goals at this level (and there are no assurances he'll be around after this season), so Palombi comes in.

313c481b4f11079c6bc04bfee24809c4.png

Tope two are no longer of the standard to help the team. Plitko goes out to get game time, as does Tonin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Weston said:

When I take over a new team I always search specifically for all players in the game that are club trained at my new club. Then, even if it's for depth, you can sign some or several to bring back home and keep on hand. It's tricky with Bari, the only decent one out there is Castrovilli who would never start for me and is currently at Lazio, who are asking for far too much.

But generally, I have so many young players that squad registration is never in the league, I often barely have the 15 older players that need registering required to start with, it's just the CL that can be tricky with their stricter rules.

This is extremely helpful thanks.
 

I’ve been fortunate previously to do saves at clubs, with five or six homegrown players in their first-team squad. This is the first time I’ve noticed a squad with a real lack of HGC at senior level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, r_amanze said:

@quee Thanks for the advice. I’m going to attempt to bring back some HGC players who are currently on loan. The game states, I need to wait 28 days. If that doesn’t work, I’ll go with your suggestion.

Is there a reason why you wanted a full squad registration? Just curious :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, quee said:

Is there a reason why you wanted a full squad registration? Just curious :D

I really like squad rotation, and get paranoid about injuries and suspensions 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, r_amanze said:

This is extremely helpful thanks.
 

I’ve been fortunate previously to do saves at clubs, with five or six homegrown players in their first-team squad. This is the first time I’ve noticed a squad with a real lack of HGC at senior level.

It's tricky in Italy where the smaller clubs have poor youth setups and no good homegrown players, and then bigger clubs have some but then quickly outgrow them as they get better - as a human manager you can encounter both problems. I'm currently in the awkward position where I basically have an all-Italian third string now that I keep around for emotional reasons and quota reasons but they rarely play.

But the quickest and easiest solution is always just having younger players. If I sign an 18/19 year old Brazilian then he isn't old enough to need to be registered anyway, and by the time he will be he will have become HGC anyway!

The ironic and non-purist truth is that, if you play it smart, many of your homegrown players, both club and nation, will not actually be Italian in the long run. But this isn't unrealistic, Dybala, for example, counts as HGN for Juve (even though he does have Italian heritage through his mother regardless).

This is good because I am crazier about depth than most, I often have 3 players per position.

image.thumb.png.a9a298fdcc0a0197ec99ddf33791752d.png

image.thumb.png.81571aff3fc27674e6fe0d3e8f4ce290.png

image.thumb.png.b54db6121e9a78be6113c288ce1bd8a4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Weston said:

It's tricky in Italy where the smaller clubs have poor youth setups and no good homegrown players, and then bigger clubs have some but then quickly outgrow them as they get better - as a human manager you can encounter both problems. I'm currently in the awkward position where I basically have an all-Italian third string now that I keep around for emotional reasons and quota reasons but they rarely play.

But the quickest and easiest solution is always just having younger players. If I sign an 18/19 year old Brazilian then he isn't old enough to need to be registered anyway, and by the time he will be he will have become HGC anyway!

The ironic and non-purist truth is that, if you play it smart, many of your homegrown players, both club and nation, will not actually be Italian in the long run. But this isn't unrealistic, Dybala, for example, counts as HGN for Juve (even though he does have Italian heritage through his mother regardless).

This is good because I am crazier about depth than most, I often have 3 players per position.

image.thumb.png.a9a298fdcc0a0197ec99ddf33791752d.png

image.thumb.png.81571aff3fc27674e6fe0d3e8f4ce290.png

image.thumb.png.b54db6121e9a78be6113c288ce1bd8a4.png

@Weston Thank you for taking the time to explain how your squad has developed over time, regarding the HGN and HGC requirements. 

Yes, I can now definitely see the benefits in youth development regarding squad building. Also thanks for showing the filters about HGN and HGC due dates. Usually I wait for my staff to update me, but it’s handy to have a look myself every few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Weston 3 players per position? So your squad is 33 ish players or? If so, congrats on keeping them all happy lol.

No update from me, but I just clicked continue and saw this football fight out of the corner of my eye. 12 yellows and 4 red cards, made me smile alot (i'm neither side!)

image.thumb.png.9ddfbdb4b3e8d3ac9feac7e550fc833f.png

Edited by jonathan44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, r_amanze said:

@Weston Thank you for taking the time to explain how your squad has developed over time, regarding the HGN and HGC requirements. 

Yes, I can now definitely see the benefits in youth development regarding squad building. Also thanks for showing the filters about HGN and HGC due dates. Usually I wait for my staff to update me, but it’s handy to have a look myself every few months.

4 hours ago, jonathan44 said:

@Weston 3 players per position? So your squad is 33 ish players or? If so, congrats on keeping them all happy lol.

27 at the moment, though it fluctuates. You can see in the screenshots above if you're curious.

I play a 4-1-2-1-2 (4-4-2 narrow midfield diamond).

I have 5 strikers, 2 CAMs, 2 B2B, 2 DLP, 2 BWM, 1 fill-in midfielder, 3 LBs, 4 CBs, 3 RBs, 3 GKs.

This way I can rotate an entire squad even if I have an injured striker, midfielder, or wide defender. I do this sometimes, with an A squad and B squad, but it's not always an 11/11 swap and of course I make specific changes for tactical reasons. I rotate religiously, though, whatever the method, so people don't complain. I also negotiate the lowest squad status that's reasonable when I can, and will often drop players squad statuses lower to stop any complaints before they begin.

This season I decided to loan my 3rd string CAM and my 5th choice CB. Normally I only have 2 LBs, 2 RBs, and 1 that can play either side, but I upgraded my LB position and the one who dropped to 3rd string is a HGN team leader on low wages whom I have an emotional attachment to (Dimarco) so I kept him around and the ambidextrous full back is now 3rd string RB.

I also chose my formation because it's best for squad building. Most of my midfield can play more than one position, so if I'm hit at CAM, for example, I can push up a playmaker. Or if I'm hit at BWM, I can drop a B2B. They're largely interchangeable when needed, and I don't have to worry about the preferred foot of wingers - if you're out on one side, you can't really flip someone from the other side out wide like you can in the center of the pitch.

I'm okay with tactics, but transfers and squad building is where I feel I shine and often have the most fun.

 

4 hours ago, jonathan44 said:

No update from me, but I just clicked continue and saw this football fight out of the corner of my eye. 12 yellows and 4 red cards, made me smile alot (i'm neither side!)

image.thumb.png.9ddfbdb4b3e8d3ac9feac7e550fc833f.png

Also wow! Would love to see this SPAL square up to this team:

 

Edited by Weston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi there. As I still remember playing CM Italia on my Amiga few years back, I always have soft spot for this league, especially when you remember Italia90 as your best World Cups or Serie A in 90s as the best league.
With my fellow FM "friends" (Mirinda and Borewicz, well, rivals at least) who are bothering me playing online since 17-18 years now, we started the game in Serie C-girone B. Secchia Derby (Reggiana vs Modena) and Vicenza -our fav. clubs from Italy. First season has shown different approach for eventual success :

-Mireks Vicenza based on loans in large numbers, quite exotic (half of them were UK based-players like Connolly from Brighton or Idah from Norwich along many Germans like Dardai from Hertha or Burkhardt from Mainz). It used to be Uruguayan colony in the 90s (remember Marcelo Otero?), now it s a "perfect" mix. Using such an amount of loans might be hard to digest -he almost lost his 15 pts or so advantage, last day of general season decided that Vicenza gained automatic promotion by 3 pts margin ahead of my Reggiana .

-My team-Reggiana - some loanees (Lyon -Gouiri, Thomas, Monaco's Pellegri, Marcelin and Badiashile, Nantes' Mendy) ,some transfers -croatian DC Vukorepa from their 2nd div Sibenik (not worth that money -600 k in installments), some free transfers -Valentin Remy (great French MC bargain for lower leagues, here he didnt succeed as in my scottish saves in Dundee Utd and Dumbarton :) ) I decided to use my default players from which Scappini (SC-the beast, although got injured badly for 6 months) or Libutti (good WBR) were worth a mention. I finished 1st season as a runner-up just to have a total nightmare in the playoffs (see below)

Modena- after really poor start (losing 0-4 in derby game, wandering between relegation and playoff zone) found their form just to be unbeaten for 25 games or so. With some loans -which Leandrinho from Napoli was the decider. Bruno Gomes was their best scorer, Rosetti also banged around 20s. After winning 4-0 in the first derby game, 0-0 in the second we finally met in the playoff semifinal. So the vast amount of loanees was not a handicap as 5 of them went out for the Toulon Tournament, adding some bans and injuries, decisive games for the season were actually the reserves. I've lost the first leg 0-5 (could be more!), 2nd leg was easy for both of us- 1-1 final score. Modena and Vicenza were eventually promoted, and now ruling the serie B whilist I'm trying to get out as a winner of serie C.

2 nd season -Vicenzas loan strategy is even more pronounced, however they have 100% win percentage. Modenas strategy is now quite similar, although in much more balanced way -we will see how they will eventually cope with SERIE A rules (fielding homegrown players etc).
Reggianas serie C squad could be easily ready for Serie A mid table, well I need to suffer 2 seasons at least.
Current squads and tables below.


obraz.thumb.png.7e7a6d3bbdba9db5a6e3a5af0dc38168.pngobraz.thumb.png.cd95ca66213675f2ed4188ad90f52cdf.png
obraz.thumb.png.8d555e41f940e32037c5412d1fe29f28.png
obraz.thumb.png.5ec98ef3fc0bce3b3a259d11a15574e5.png
obraz.thumb.png.906d923f028e3f73372cbd2d9069a567.png

Edited by Kostropaty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome, @Kostropaty! Definitely something different and looking forward to how it goes for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2020 at 17:44, quee said:

Trying to keep track of who's managing who in this thread since the beginning (who has posted at least an update here):

? = status unknown since last post/update

bold = active/still playing/just started/have recently made an update in April.

  1. @themario - Milan
  2. @yellowforever - Inter?
  3. @Chris2509 - Brescia (status: save ended)
  4. @GunmaN1905 - Inter (twice) (I believed he has stopped playing FM20 now :D)
  5. @gandrasch - Inter?
  6. @jonathan44 - Bari (save resumed 2022/2023)
  7. @Carlf788 - Perugia?
  8. @Maxuma - Venezia?
  9. @Daws88 - Roma?
  10. @n1mez - Was Roma, Was Milan, Parma currently (latest update in 2023)
  11. @alexdbaf - Roma?
  12. @Vokes - Brescia?
  13. @turgi - Was Milan, Atlanta, Catanzaro currently, Continuing previous Atlanta save currently (2024)
  14. @Rober82 - Was Lecce, Brescia, Foggia in Serie D (new) (latest update in season 2)
  15. @Juventus - Juventus?
  16. @303jonas - Inter Milan?
  17. @DazBlade - Sassuolo?
  18. @Ronaldo Beckham - Was Cagliari, Parma currently (status: save ended).
  19. @CR#7 - Lazio (status: save ended)
  20. @joeys - Avellino?
  21. @FifaBing - Milan?
  22. @hbsssj - Milan?
  23. @lfc7 - Atlanta?
  24. @Firehouse - Perugia?
  25. @2481 - Parma?
  26. @Adzke - Was Juventus, Reggina currently (latest update 2023/2024)
  27. @Stu_UBJ - Pro Vercelli (status: save ended), Bari (new) (latest update 2021/2022)
  28. @lblanc - Inter Milan (status: save ended)
  29. @WilsonJuve - Monza>Napoli>Chelsea>Juventus (in 2025), Cesena (Youth only save), Bologna currently (new career save)
  30. @john1 - Milan, Pescara>Atlanta currently (latest update 2021/2022)
  31. @LucasBR - Roma (currently in 4th season)
  32. @citylad20 - Roma?
  33. @Knox316 - Bologna currently.
  34. @XuluBak - Was Atlanta, Frosinone (status: save ended)
  35. @Cas46 - Roma? (last update 2029 in game)
  36. @quee - Parma (4 months) then restarted, currently Parma again (3rd season - End of Season 2021/2022)
  37. @dubby151 - Brescia?
  38. @Constantine - Modena? (previous update 2027)
  39. @CRN711 - Parma (latest update in 2024)
  40. @Matt_1979 - Was Torino, Milan (latest update Season 4 - on hiatus), Venezia, Venezia again currently (new)
  41. @Weston - Bari (latest update in 2024)
  42. @Vizzini - Milan (latest update in 2024/2025)
  43. @Eddie Boop - Lazio?
  44. @Mr_Demus - Chievo (sacked), Palermo currently (holidayed first season - currently at start of 2021/2022)
  45. @Muttley84 - Udinese (last update: save ended), Crotone (status: save ended - relegated 2020/2021), Inter currently (new)
  46. @Fraser - Genoa (latest update in 2021/2022 pre-season)
  47. @bendixkunert2 - Brescia (status: save crashed), Palermo (status: save ended - sacked 2021/2022), Fiorentina currently (new)
  48. @rafaelbenitez - Torino, Milan currently,
  49. @ajt - Catania
  50. @ParanoidBuddha - Juventus
  51. @DaaNMaaN - Liverpool>Lazio currently (joining in 2021)
  52. @sedge11 - Lazio (season 4)>Leipzeig (season 5)
  53. @RVP32 - Roma (5 seasons) (status: save ended)
  54. @dennislauridsen - Milan (new) (latest update season 2 - 2020/2021)
  55. @Sh0tee - Parma previously 2025-2032 (6 years journeyman save), Sampdoria currently (new)
  56. @oze07 - Roma or Atlanta (new)?
  57. @HiggyTMT - Parma (new) (save abandoned), Palermo currently
  58. @oakesypvfc - Roma (new)
  59. @Akustik - Milan (new) or Atlanta (new) or Roma (new)?
  60. @shaunb96 - Fiorentina, Pescara currently (new)
  61. @OlivierL - Palermo? (new)
  62. @RaffiK6 - Cagliari (new)
  63. @Kaiduss - Milan (one season only), Bologna currently (new)
  64. @Flash Gordon - Sampdoria (5 seasons)>Real Madrid
  65. @Micks112 - Empoli (latest update season 3)
  66. @FMbeginner - Sassuolo currently (new) (latest update season 3)
  67. @Unforced error - Cavese in Serie C (sacked in Serie B)>2 months unemployment>Modena (started in Serie C) currently in Serie B season 2022
  68. @Sysiphus - Ascoli currently (new)
  69. @AceCream - Hellas Verona currently (new) (2021/2022)
  70. @Jumping Jack Flash - Albinoleffe currently (latest update in season 4) (new)
  71. @cmason84 - Milan (updates can be read at this blog)
  72. @João14 - Palermo in Serie C (holidayed first season) (new)
  73. @Ewan0404 - Milan (new)
  74. @Rasnaldo - Piacenza (Serie C) (new)
  75. @Trevomac - Atlanta, Palermo, Bologna currently (new)
  76. @djsmith0410 - Parma (new)
  77. @oakesypvfc - Roma (season 5)
  78. @Daws88 - Inter (4 seasons), Roma (5 seasons), Milan?, Napoli (new)
  79. @r_amanze - Inter (new)
  80. @Kostropaty - 3 players Network game: Reggiana, Vicenza, Modena (new)

So, around 50 players currently active. Interesting to see if some of the earlier players still playing in Italy or have moved on.

Special mentions for WilsonJuve, the only player continuing his career save by changing clubs so far. :D

We welcome 5 new players (another +2 if we include all from the network game), but we also lost #52 to Germany and #53 who ended his 5 seasons save.

On the good news, we welcome back 2 older players, #6 who resumed his Bari save (older DB!) and #27 who started a new Bari save after his Pro Vercelli save earlier on in the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FM20 Calcio Thread Stats

Total Number of Players - 82

Number of different saves started - 113

Managers Movements in the same save - 8

Monza>Napoli>Chelsea>Juventus

Pescara>Atlanta

Sampdoria>Real Madrid

Cavese>Unemployed>Modena

Liverpool>Lazio

Lazio>Leipzig

Managers Movements from Abroad:

1 - England

Managers Movements Abroad:

1 - England

1 - Spain

1 - Germany

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leagues chosen at the start of the game:

Serie A - 80

Serie B - 11

Serie C - 17 (Palermo holidayed first season - 2)

Serie D - 6 (Palermo - 4, Foggia and Avellino)

Abroad - England - 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clubs:

14 - Milan

12 - Roma

9 - Parma, Inter

7 - Atlanta

6 - Palermo

5 - Brescia

4 - Juventus, Lazio, Bologna

3 - Bari, Modena

2 - Perugia, Venezia, Sassuolo, Cagliari, Pescara, Torino, Fiorentina, Sampdoria, Napoli

1 - Cantanzaro, Lecce, Foggia, Avellino, Pro Vercelli, Reggina, Monza, Cesena, Frosinone, Chievo, Crotone, Udinese, Genoa, Catania, Empoli, Cavese, Ascoli, Hellas Verona, Albinoleffe, Piacenza, Reggiana, Vicenza

Total = 120 different Italian teams managed

As of 04 June 2020.

+10 new teams into our thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

D761A8B5-5302-460E-A03E-26F1371A0F5F.thumb.jpeg.edd4f1ca032bfa9ce2f817e7e609ee0e.jpeg

VENEZIA FC - 2020/21 - End of Season Review

Dreams of the top 10

So, the aim for this season was to make the top 10 and we started out well..... but do ever have a situation where your tactics are working fine and then with no reasons whatsoever it just implodes?? You have?  Oh good.... me too!!

After a promising pre-season we started the league campaign with two losses - not ideal, but they were very close losses in which we played well and I consider us to be unlucky. Even the 3-0 loss to Sampdoria in week 2 was a case of us dominating but they had a penalty and two goals from direct free kicks. We then put 4 past Genoa, 4 past Milan and beat eventual Serie A winners, Inter, 1-0 away.

031A1E2C-909D-4CA5-9481-056F94529FD6.thumb.jpeg.54274baff7f73a0071a682dc88e93950.jpeg

Then with no tactical or personnel changes we imploded and only won another 2 games from 14 games up until Christmas!

D2303A28-B062-45FD-99CF-3EE42375AF01.thumb.jpeg.d6e55ebe94956853682605fd0b767413.jpeg

After Christmas, I switched to a more defensive, counter attacking 4-2-3-1 which saw mild improvements in that I won a whopping SIX games from the next 16 games.

@quee will be delighted to know I swapped back to a 4-3-3 and like a switch was flipped I won 4 out of 5, scoring 13 goals in the process and conceding 6. 

0E15782F-FE92-465C-8073-4802E0E29B83.thumb.jpeg.c04986318c9594224a5c6c2c26ca4ba8.jpeg

We ended up missing out on the top 10 in the final match. Roma scored a late equalised meaning Fiorentina's win over Genoa was enough to put them ahead on points and knock me down to 11th. 

7B164170-26C3-46B5-8ED1-6BB3C6B61E32.thumb.jpeg.045771a82f73ec795fe12964ef315c0c.jpeg

Player Reviews

Antonio Fiordilino had the highest OVR rating with 7.21 and he excelled in the DLP(D) role in the 4-3-3, followed by the Brazilian midfielder, Otavio, who i signed on loan from Bordeaux, with 7.11. I added a optional fee for him of £1.3m which i think i'll be taking them up on!

Benjamin Rollheiser swapped him time between the lone striker role and out on the right wing and lead the team in scoring with 11 goals. Unuvar has improved a lot this season and scored 9 goals and new signing Alena scored 8.

Alena, Fiordilino and, winger, Tutino (also a new signing) all lead the team with 6 assists for the season.

 

What's next?

I'm hoping the board give me a decent transfer budget this coming season. We are making a profit each month and have a sizeable amount in the bank. I'm going to review each player and see if they really have what it takes to make this team into one which can quality for the Euro Cup so I expect to see quite a lot of movement. Many of the players are good enough on the ball for my liking so that's an area to address and the full backs aren't giving as many assists.

The board have just announced they are starting work on a new stadium to the cost of £35m. It will hold 17k fans, a huge improvement on the current 7k.... but there goes any cash for new players!!

As just mentioned, although we just missed out on the top 10, my aim is European football qualification. Let the fun commence!

EF101D4D-63FB-4AC9-88C6-B59FDCD07CA2.jpeg

Edited by Matt_1979

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid that it went unrealistic for serie B or C. Vast numbers of excellent loanees like Pellegri or Gouiri in Serie C, Moise Kean in serie B is too much, honestly i dont believe that players of this calibre usually are so keen for moving to serie B. 2nd season and it's soooo easy -only potential Serie A registration regulations are something to worry about right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kostropaty said:

I'm afraid that it went unrealistic for serie B or C. Vast numbers of excellent loanees like Pellegri or Gouiri in Serie C, Moise Kean in serie B is too much, honestly i dont believe that players of this calibre usually are so keen for moving to serie B. 2nd season and it's soooo easy -only potential Serie A registration regulations are something to worry about right now.

You need to balance it with your own self-impose rule.

Unless you don't mind 'gaming' the game, which I'm not a fan of myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

image.thumb.png.ec8d388aa9887858c44aa7e769f4e22a.png

Season three transfers to try and defend the league title this year and go further in Europe.

image.thumb.png.2846970a52fcecd7b9b952ee7ecfcebd.png

Other than Odegaard all of these are back ups to give us some squad depth.

image.thumb.png.2dcbfde24825dbc800d1b9633dbd83c5.png

These were the main players to leave as they were all surplus to requirements. And then a lot of players were sent on loan, awkward that Dembele is at Rangers on loan now.

 

Edited by Ewan0404

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, quee said:

FM20 Calcio Thread Stats

Love your summaries!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ascoli season 3 summer transfers

Very happy with this window, we definitely got what we wanted.

645032231_Screenshot2020-06-04at23_18_13.thumb.png.3b35a309037d9edda68ae3df4a510243.png

As said earlier, Andrea Ghezzi joins on a free to back up the midfield. He's professional and a solid young player.

Walter Segovia joins as a future left back for us, he'll be backing Ranieri up this season and maybe the next, and then hopefully overtake him.

413971592_Screenshot2020-05-29at16_36_20.thumb.png.9462bf22c7a6c1130dfe441d1c7686a6.png

Zabaleta joins as a backup to Barbieri and a mentor as model professional.

2027431642_Screenshot2020-05-29at16_39_54.thumb.png.3d0356ec8d7796ae8afa95e656c817d1.png

Kiril Despodov is a player who some here have signed and was great in FM19. He'll compete with Sernicola for the MR position.

1595659450_Screenshot2020-05-29at16_57_11.thumb.png.a1ac446aa41979f18fa54cd91a00e285.png

Aleksandar Kolarov will play as a box to box midfielder for me, as Padoin is reduced to the bench. He's lacking a little in the physical department but his qualities on the ball and long shots are just superb. He'll not play every game, but hopefully he'll give us a lot.

1985430240_Screenshot2020-05-29at17_39_41.thumb.png.ea0958adfe9da00cc9ff69890a6b6882.png

And lastly, our super signing. It was hard to find a striker that fit the bill for us and was a significant upgrade on Trotta. Then it came to my attention that Dusan Vlahovic had moved back to Partizan a season ago, and knew there was a possibility to price him away from them. He's my far most expensive player, both in transfer fee and wages, but I think he'll pay it back. His agent insisted on a 24m release clause which I can live with. Pescicolo went out on a loan and if I can hold on to Vlahovic for two seasons, Pescicolo might be ready by then. Alternatively, hopefully I can give him a new contract in a few months.

745884329_Screenshot2020-06-01at22_13_10.thumb.png.e10b5fe42be31b658052490f1d2c4c4d.png

I think this is my best XI by now:

227366909_Screenshot2020-06-01at22_14_14.thumb.png.c9b135656ccd7bff2de2eeb2081b13bc.png

And to add, a target for me if Vlahovic leaves for his release clause. As UK is out of the EU, this Scot is a NEU player and I couldn't sign him this season.

556944880_Screenshot2020-06-04at22_38_45.thumb.png.be0f91e04b81787c89e8d4d08f8a102b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kostropaty said:

With my fellow FM "friends" (Mirinda and Borewicz, well, rivals at least) who are bothering me playing online since 17-18 years now, we started the game in Serie C-girone B. Secchia Derby (Reggiana vs Modena) and Vicenza -our fav. clubs from Italy.

Super cool to see a multiplayer game! Would love to play with friends but it seems so difficult to coordinate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 02/06/2020 at 19:48, Weston said:

image.thumb.png.3269cc43bd37eb70bebbac72bd7dbff7.png

Imagine sacking, for no good reason, the manager who took you from Serie D winners to 2nd in Serie A, a EL semi, CL knockouts, a Coppa finale, and built the youngest team in the process full of promise for the future. I'd be crushed! Especially since I turned down offers from Manchester United and Liverpool to stay...

image.thumb.png.fae15bf9941573694f12209da60e42aa.png

image.thumb.png.ec6d2c2f78438c1686fe2ac8a40bf3e1.png

The only party left in the running is the one that would take me out back and shoot me :(

This has me thinking... is there any precedent for something like this at all? Has a manager ever been this successful at a club, wildly exceeding all expectations, and then been sacked mid-season simply because a new owner felt like it? Does that ever actually happen..?

Edited by Weston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Weston said:

image.thumb.png.fae15bf9941573694f12209da60e42aa.png

image.thumb.png.ec6d2c2f78438c1686fe2ac8a40bf3e1.png

The only party left in the running is the one that would take me out back and shoot me :(

This has me thinking... is there any precedent for something like this at all? Has a manager ever been this successful at a club, wildly exceeding all expectations, and then been sacked mid-season simply because a new owner felt like it? Does that ever actually happen..?

Ok god that’s terrible.

 

In real life Forest had Sean O’Driscoll in charge who was doing really well and he was fired as soon as Fawaz took over. Put us back years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you guys having any succes with mentoring? I am really having a hard time with it, and it seems to me there is no reason in regards to who gets what traits as senior players are just as likely to pick up stuff from youngsters as the other way around. I am however hardly ever seeing any development in young players' personality, even if I put youngsters with no influence in the team along highly influential players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Adzke said:

Are you guys having any succes with mentoring? I am really having a hard time with it, and it seems to me there is no reason in regards to who gets what traits as senior players are just as likely to pick up stuff from youngsters as the other way around. I am however hardly ever seeing any development in young players' personality, even if I put youngsters with no influence in the team along highly influential players.

Yes, certainly more good than harm from it. Occasionally what seems like fairly huge leaps too - Aldair Fuentes went from "balanced" to "Model Citizen" after around a month of tutoring in a group with Marco Parolo.

I don't think I've had anybody gain a trait from a player who is lower in the "Estimated influence on group" heading, and I normally remove people from groups who have reached "average" in that column if they do not have a favourable personality.

Essentially just keep groups quite small, with high influence good mentality players grouped with light/no influence players, average/high influence players with not great mentality are best avoided, and can even have a negative influence on teammates without being in mentoring groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Yes, certainly more good than harm from it. Occasionally what seems like fairly huge leaps too - Aldair Fuentes went from "balanced" to "Model Citizen" after around a month of tutoring in a group with Marco Parolo.

I don't think I've had anybody gain a trait from a player who is lower in the "Estimated influence on group" heading, and I normally remove people from groups who have reached "average" in that column if they do not have a favourable personality.

Essentially just keep groups quite small, with high influence good mentality players grouped with light/no influence players, average/high influence players with not great mentality are best avoided, and can even have a negative influence on teammates without being in mentoring groups.

Thanks. I will have to give it a more organised go, I figure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently Inter (3rd) season.

Wanted to ask whether the option of having an U23 side (like Juve U23) will ever show up and have them compete in the unlocked leagues hoping to see them then in Lega Pro or even Serie B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmgrima said:

I'm currently Inter (3rd) season.

Wanted to ask whether the option of having an U23 side (like Juve U23) will ever show up and have them compete in the unlocked leagues hoping to see them then in Lega Pro or even Serie B.

I don't think so, since in real life Inter doesn't have a side like Juve in the lower leagues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

20200605172138_1.thumb.jpg.e80bdefea2e3902c49d435568c1f88ac.jpg

Kluivert who?

Esposito got MotM here as well. Good to see him immediately filling up the big boots.

Edited by RVP32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2020 at 03:54, Weston said:

27 at the moment, though it fluctuates. You can see in the screenshots above if you're curious.

I play a 4-1-2-1-2 (4-4-2 narrow midfield diamond).

I have 5 strikers, 2 CAMs, 2 B2B, 2 DLP, 2 BWM, 1 fill-in midfielder, 3 LBs, 4 CBs, 3 RBs, 3 GKs.

This way I can rotate an entire squad even if I have an injured striker, midfielder, or wide defender. I do this sometimes, with an A squad and B squad, but it's not always an 11/11 swap and of course I make specific changes for tactical reasons. I rotate religiously, though, whatever the method, so people don't complain. I also negotiate the lowest squad status that's reasonable when I can, and will often drop players squad statuses lower to stop any complaints before they begin.

This season I decided to loan my 3rd string CAM and my 5th choice CB. Normally I only have 2 LBs, 2 RBs, and 1 that can play either side, but I upgraded my LB position and the one who dropped to 3rd string is a HGN team leader on low wages whom I have an emotional attachment to (Dimarco) so I kept him around and the ambidextrous full back is now 3rd string RB.

I also chose my formation because it's best for squad building. Most of my midfield can play more than one position, so if I'm hit at CAM, for example, I can push up a playmaker. Or if I'm hit at BWM, I can drop a B2B. They're largely interchangeable when needed, and I don't have to worry about the preferred foot of wingers - if you're out on one side, you can't really flip someone from the other side out wide like you can in the center of the pitch.

I'm okay with tactics, but transfers and squad building is where I feel I shine and often have the most fun.

 

Also wow! Would love to see this SPAL square up to this team:

 

It's impressive, unless I'm playing with huge piles of cash, I have a 22 man squad, 2 players for every position apart from CB where I have 3 not 4. I've never seen the need to have 4 CB's unless you play 3CBs when I have 5. On that I haven't played 5atb in ages.

 

I also wanna say thankyou for that link, it had me in stitches. Loved how he tried to sign every shithouse in football and was devastated when Cattermole retired. I think it'd be interesting to try something like this, the only problem I had was that his squad became less competitive over time, not because of the cards but the bad signings. I rarely sign players over 30 unless they're GK's so it might be something fun to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jonathan44 said:

It's impressive, unless I'm playing with huge piles of cash, I have a 22 man squad, 2 players for every position apart from CB where I have 3 not 4. I've never seen the need to have 4 CB's unless you play 3CBs when I have 5. On that I haven't played 5atb in ages.

Agreed, I found that the bigger your squad is the harder it is to play any of your youth. So, I tried to leave 2-3 spaces for any number of youths to fill in as necessary.

6 hours ago, jonathan44 said:

I also wanna say thankyou for that link, it had me in stitches. Loved how he tried to sign every shithouse in football and was devastated when Cattermole retired. I think it'd be interesting to try something like this, the only problem I had was that his squad became less competitive over time, not because of the cards but the bad signings. I rarely sign players over 30 unless they're GK's so it might be something fun to try.

I followed it since day 1, and more than anything, his writing style was amazing. I think he did say that after the relegation he wouldn't be able to make his side competitive anymore, especially due to the drop in quality after retirements. It would be hard to find amazing regens with the attributes and personalities he was looking for. Still one of the GOAT stories out there. Shame he didn't post it here.

Last I saw he commented he's thinking of doing another save, focusing on other things as suggested by others like route one with only slow and short players. Not sure if he will do it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jmgrima said:

I'm currently Inter (3rd) season.

Wanted to ask whether the option of having an U23 side (like Juve U23) will ever show up and have them compete in the unlocked leagues hoping to see them then in Lega Pro or even Serie B.

@jmgrima Cool, I’m just starting an Inter save. How have you managed the squad over the three seasons? Any trophies or big signings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, r_amanze said:

@jmgrima Cool, I’m just starting an Inter save. How have you managed the squad over the three seasons? Any trophies or big signings?

2 league wins in a row and heading for the third straight league. 
In the Champions League only managed a Semi-Final in the third year (current season).

Lost Brozovic and Lautaro early on in the save to Liverpool and United for a combined fee of 170 million Euro.

Along the years brought Haland from Dortmund to replace Lautaro and earlier Matic on loan to replace Brozovic but eventually veered to Milinkovic who was at Chelsea.

Also bought Almada and Verschaeren during the first season and shipped immediately on loan for 3 seasons.

Added 2 interesting players who are progressing on their loan spells. Luigi Mendola from Vibonese and Marco Molla of Bologna

Also added Izzo, Tonali, Vanheuden, Batshiayi, Vidal, Chiesa, Guerriero, Paredes, Emre Can and Marco Kana.

I play with a 3-4-1-2 or a 4-3-1-2. Current line-up is:

Radu

Izzo De Vrij Skriniar

Chiesa Barella Milinkovic Guerreiro

Eriksen

Haaland Lukaku

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jmgrima said:

2 league wins in a row and heading for the third straight league. 
In the Champions League only managed a Semi-Final in the third year (current season).

Lost Brozovic and Lautaro early on in the save to Liverpool and United for a combined fee of 170 million Euro.

Along the years brought Haland from Dortmund to replace Lautaro and earlier Matic on loan to replace Brozovic but eventually veered to Milinkovic who was at Chelsea.

Also bought Almada and Verschaeren during the first season and shipped immediately on loan for 3 seasons.

Added 2 interesting players who are progressing on their loan spells. Luigi Mendola from Vibonese and Marco Molla of Bologna

Also added Izzo, Tonali, Vanheuden, Batshiayi, Vidal, Chiesa, Guerriero, Paredes, Emre Can and Marco Kana.

I play with a 3-4-1-2 or a 4-3-1-2. Current line-up is:

Radu

Izzo De Vrij Skriniar

Chiesa Barella Milinkovic Guerreiro

Eriksen

Haaland Lukaku

 

 

Great work thus far, and congrats on the two title wins. Looks like you’ve built a strong squad with an Italian core. 

Guessing that winning the UCL will be the main aim now for the rest of the save?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, r_amanze said:

Great work thus far, and congrats on the two title wins. Looks like you’ve built a strong squad with an Italian core. 

Guessing that winning the UCL will be the main aim now for the rest of the save?

Yes I have a lot of Italians in the squad. Bastoni, Sensi, Barella, Esposito are all doing great.

I just best Barcelona away in the Semis 7-2 so Im guessing the UCL final is close. Will most probably face Liverpool who beat United 5-0. So it would be re encountering Brozovic.

Main aim is to trim the squad down. I have Handanovic (retiring), Vidal, Candreva all leaving the club. Planning to sell D’Ambrosio and Batshuayi too and insert in the first team Agoume, Almada, Verschaeren and Gnoto. The aim is to spend and change little. Ideally I have in mind also to offload Eriksen to give Almada and Verschaeren more game time.

Other than that the UCL and keep winning or challenging for the Serie A should be the aim.

I also wish to see the option of introducing an U23 squad to play in the professional leagues pop-up as I have some very good youngsters I can use without the need of loaning them out every season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jmgrima said:

Yes I have a lot of Italians in the squad. Bastoni, Sensi, Barella, Esposito are all doing great.

I just best Barcelona away in the Semis 7-2 so Im guessing the UCL final is close. Will most probably face Liverpool who beat United 5-0. So it would be re encountering Brozovic.

Main aim is to trim the squad down. I have Handanovic (retiring), Vidal, Candreva all leaving the club. Planning to sell D’Ambrosio and Batshuayi too and insert in the first team Agoume, Almada, Verschaeren and Gnoto. The aim is to spend and change little. Ideally I have in mind also to offload Eriksen to give Almada and Verschaeren more game time.

Other than that the UCL and keep winning or challenging for the Serie A should be the aim.

I also wish to see the option of introducing an U23 squad to play in the professional leagues pop-up as I have some very good youngsters I can use without the need of loaning them out every season.

Fingers crossed for the UCL final. 

Think Inter have got Cagliari and Parma as affiliates (might have changed in your save), to help with loaning talented youth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thumb2-lazio-fc-scorched-logo-serie-a-bl

 

So, after literally days of contemplation, I've decided to accept the job offer from Lazio. I simply felt that Juventus would be too easy, and at the same time a bit empty without any of the current senators in the squad. On the other hand, Lazio would give me an exciting 20 year-old Italian in Daniele Cianci. Besides, Lazio still only have their two Scudetti, and I would rather like to build on that - just like I did with Reggina, whom I simply felt I could take no further after two consecutive Scudetti. Furthermore, who could say no to a squad as talented as this?

Cianci and the squad

Spoiler

7oYpfWk.png

gy8k8LX.png

So instead of joining Juventus and signing a promising Lazio youngster in Cianci, I joined Lazio and signed Juventus' most promising prospect (I think...) in Jeremy Mallia from Malta. I've broken the clubs transfer record to bring him in, though. That doesn't sit too well with me, but I had grown tired of having no money at Reggina, so I splashed out €86M on him, and I hope he'll be worth it.

I've also brought in Rodrygo from Real Madrid, another young Brazilian newgen called Juninho, and good old Gonzalo Higuain.

Mallia / Rodrygo / Juninho

Spoiler

u7N8xOg.png

U0bvdvF.png

Xxacx9K.png

I've moved away from my trustworthy 3-5-2 towards a more modern 4-3-3, and I hope to unleash Milinkovic-Savic from his place in midfield. We'll see how it goes.

Spoiler

6Ponie7.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...