Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
zlatanera

[FM20] Calcio

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, jonathan44 said:

This is really cool, same team but we went in very different directions (I bought Luperto on FM19 but he wouldn't come to me in Serie B with Bari). Flippo Costa was my favourite loanee from Napoli, although Leandrinho was a great signing for Serie C. Have you still got Filppo Berra? I sold him this summer as he was unhappy but he gave me 3 great seasons as Mr Dependable.


Just wanted to also comment on Daniel Maldini, I brought him in as a RW/LW cover and after losing Vignato and Costa to injury, he's come in and played really well. His attributes aren't amazing but he's really pushed his way to first choice. Has anyone managed to prize him away from Milan?

image.thumb.png.cede5e68560c3c33ddb6267570a29a99.png

 

yeah I have still got Berra, he's been solid. I was very lose to signing Maldini on loan as well, however I think his wages were higher than other option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, quee said:

It's not overpowered anymore? :D

Haha I think think it is. My results weren’t quite as good after the switch but the football is much better to watch :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After nearly 5 years of managing in Italy, I'm still not totally 100%, can I buy and loan out a non-EU player and it won't count as my one in per season? Also, what about registering a non-EU player that signed in January but was not previously registered.

Absolute clarification on the rule from anyone would be amazing, cheers guys :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, oakesypvfc said:

Also, what about registering a non-EU player that signed in January but was not previously registered.

From experience, you can registered the player in the order they arrived at your club. So, the January signing will take precedence over a new Summer signing for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, quee said:

From experience, you can registered the player in the order they arrived at your club. So, the January signing will take precedence over a new Summer signing for example.

Okay, so I can only register one new one per season? That mean I can buy in non-EU and loan them out, as long as I don't need to register?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oakesypvfc said:

Okay, so I can only register one new one per season? That mean I can buy in non-EU and loan them out, as long as I don't need to register?

It depends on how many you already have when you get the non-EU notification in your inbox. Can't remember the top of my head, but if you only have one, you can bring in 3(?) I think, one of them on limited eligibility. Will check them later for you on the rules written in the game.

As for the loaning, I don't do it myself as I found it messed up the registration eligibility order when I did in FM19, but Weston said you should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, quee said:

It depends on how many you already have when you get the non-EU notification in your inbox. Can't remember the top of my head, but if you only have one, you can bring in 3(?) I think, one of them on limited eligibility. Will check them later for you on the rules written in the game.

As for the loaning, I don't do it myself as I found it messed up the registration eligibility order when I did in FM19, but Weston said you should be fine.

I currently have 7 at the club who are non-EU, 6 registered and 1 not. 1 of them is leaving as he is only on loan, so maybe the guy that's not registered will take his place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, oakesypvfc said:

I currently have 7 at the club who are non-EU, 6 registered and 1 not. 1 of them is leaving as he is only on loan, so maybe the guy that's not registered will take his place?

I want to say yes but I don't understand what you meant :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, quee said:

I want to say yes but I don't understand what you meant :lol:

What bit don't you understand, sorry for confusing you :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ascoli 2nd season youth intake

Nothing special to mention; got a nice looking professional keeper and then a few players I signed to bolster my u18s. Signed Orlandi, Hutchinson, Giannini, Rinaldi and Alivernini.

77771456_Screenshot2020-05-28at18_55_50.thumb.png.240f9718eaff9c3aec3279c12dff686a.png

Orlandi, who might become my backup keeper next season:

2122077278_Screenshot2020-05-28at18_56_05.thumb.png.716973b85b2beea6bdd82372da466e47.png

To keep helping developing my talent, my first training facilities upgrade is coming up.

715829024_Screenshot2020-05-28at18_35_09.thumb.png.78b0a860d7bf1713f1c992431d920c53.png

That was made available by our solid financial position, contributed by our low wage bill and small debt.

1417572515_Screenshot2020-05-28at22_13_02.thumb.png.4279fb0dccee51c2816d3a79877ebde7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oakesypvfc said:

What bit don't you understand, sorry for confusing you :lol:

1 is not registered but 1 is only on loan anyway and is leaving then the 1 not registered will take his place?

Tried to get my head around it since though :lol:

If I understand it correctly, I think yes, the not registered player will get the newly vacated non-EU slot. Hence, if you buy a new non-EU in the summer, he might not be available to be register since the not registered player was already there before him.

I had an example of a similar situation on FM19 below.

I signed a new non-EU player and he arrived on July 3rd. When checking his registration, I was unable to. I tried releasing a non-EU player who was out of contract after this, but the status didn't changed.

I reloaded it and tried it a different way. I released the out of contract non-EU player on June 30th, and when the new player arrived he was able to be registered.

So, I think having the non-EU slot vacant before any new arrival arriving plays a factor in their registration status as well.

This is why I always follow the non-EU rules in FM20, didn't enjoy it in FM19 when I couldn't use some players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sysiphus said:

Ascoli 2nd season youth intake

What's the connection with England for Ascoli?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, quee said:

1 is not registered but 1 is only on loan anyway and is leaving then the 1 not registered will take his place?

Tried to get my head around it since though :lol:

If I understand it correctly, I think yes, the not registered player will get the newly vacated non-EU slot. Hence, if you buy a new non-EU in the summer, he might not be available to be register since the not registered player was already there before him.

I had an example of a similar situation on FM19 below.

I signed a new non-EU player and he arrived on July 3rd. When checking his registration, I was unable to. I tried releasing a non-EU player who was out of contract after this, but the status didn't changed.

I reloaded it and tried it a different way. I released the out of contract non-EU player on June 30th, and when the new player arrived he was able to be registered.

So, I think having the non-EU slot vacant before any new arrival arriving plays a factor in their registration status as well.

This is why I always follow the non-EU rules in FM20, didn't enjoy it in FM19 when I couldn't use some players.

Fair enough yes, you completely got what I was saying. It means I'll be able to register the guy I signed in Jan that I didn't register.

By the looks of it though, nothing is stopping me signing non-EU players in and loaning them out to say Spain for example, until they get citizenship and are able to be EU :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oakesypvfc said:

It means I'll be able to register the guy I signed in Jan that I didn't register.

For January I'm not sure then. As you can only clear one non-EU quota per season. I would assume you did one in the summer already?

3 minutes ago, oakesypvfc said:

By the looks of it though, nothing is stopping me signing non-EU players in and loaning them out to say Spain for example, until they get citizenship and are able to be EU :)

Remember, this is only for South Americans. I did this in FM19, thought it was a great plan. Loan out for 2 seasons and come back with Spanish passport. Problem was, some players will miss the cut off point by a few days or weeks - depending when you bought them and then when you managed to find a Spanish club to loan them, and then you had to loan them for a 3rd season. Some didn't even process their EU application straight away.

It is assuming any Spanish clubs want them anyway, I had 2 or 3 players who just wouldn't generate any interest from Spain and had to sit in the reserves doing nothing. Remember, they need non-EU eligibility to even play in the u20s.

All of this was of course in FM19, it might have gotten better now in FM20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, quee said:

For January I'm not sure then. As you can only clear one non-EU quota per season. I would assume you did one in the summer already?

Remember, this is only for South Americans. I did this in FM19, thought it was a great plan. Loan out for 2 seasons and come back with Spanish passport. Problem was, some players will miss the cut off point by a few days or weeks - depending when you bought them and then when you managed to find a Spanish club to loan them, and then you had to loan them for a 3rd season. Some didn't even process their EU application straight away.

It is assuming any Spanish clubs want them anyway, I had 2 or 3 players who just wouldn't generate any interest from Spain and had to sit in the reserves doing nothing. Remember, they need non-EU eligibility to even play in the u20s.

All of this was of course in FM19, it might have gotten better now in FM20.

Yeah, I think the summer one was used by the loanee that I got, now he is gone, I may actually have that one I'm freeing, plus one that I'm allowed anyway, we'll soon see haha

Yeah no probs, will give it a try anyway, hopefully they'll be wanted by Spanish clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youth intake for Bari has been disapointing for 3 years and kinda carried on for this season as well except for this one CB, not the strongest or tallest but is from Bari which is kinda nice.

image.thumb.png.8cca95cc0ca2af51fe5706450543ef52.png

All the other <3stars. My only other one that arrived 3 seasons ago rated as a 3 star seems to have great physical attributes but poor mentals for a CM. He's been promoted to the senior team due to injuries but hasn't made an appearance yet.

image.thumb.png.96fb5186eac8a270407f5c02ca5c525f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, quee said:

What's the connection with England for Ascoli?

Probably just myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ascoli 2nd season review

Overall a very fun season where we beat the bookies and were clear of any relegation battle for almost the entire season. This is the final position:

827524103_Screenshot2020-05-28at23_48_56.thumb.png.3dc271605f1da84b9c90d2c248b15025.png

Squad stats, season awards and overall best 11:

Spoiler

1627632731_Screenshot2020-05-28at23_53_02.thumb.png.d87ce8ac86299143c585dbdc1387f0f0.png

348282245_Screenshot2020-05-29at00_08_37.thumb.png.6cf04b5e368a87c7ba69ef477cb2ab03.png

1797867103_Screenshot2020-05-29at00_08_03.thumb.png.f35ba67bee8f97cc7eae5e9f25e623e2.png

The squad is in good shape but I've been planning some offloading. I will try to get rid of Eramo (MC), Pucino (DR) and Mota (ST) as I think I can replace them with either younger players from within or new signings. Unfortunately I did not at all manage to replicate the form of Dany Mota @Adzke had, but different systems and different players around him must have played a part. He played 25 games (8 starts) and scored only one goal.

2044652656_Screenshot2020-05-28at23_57_22.thumb.png.b0898845f720480d5c6ea4eaae237fde.png

The budget for next season is very nice indeed. I need a goalscorer as my top goalscorer was Sernicola with 10 goals from the MR position. Ironically I also might add a new MR, either with potential or one who can knock Sernicola out. A left back is also on the shopping list, and then anything that takes my fancy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sysiphus said:

The budget for next season is very nice indeed

Ascoli must be richer than Parma, that's a great budget compared to what I got :lol:

Your squad is littered with great prospects, great to see and some interesting names to follow as well in their development.

One thing I noticed is that, you promoted all your youth prospects into the first team straight away? Especially the gks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, quee said:

Ascoli must be richer than Parma, that's a great budget compared to what I got :lol:

Your squad is littered with great prospects, great to see and some interesting names to follow as well in their development.

One thing I noticed is that, you promoted all your youth prospects into the first team straight away? Especially the gks?

The finances took a sharp turn upwards after promotion – as the expenditure is very low; no debts and low wages. Haven't really spent any real money so far either, coming out in the green from the transfers both in season 1 and 2.

424257222_Screenshot2020-05-29at00_37_42.thumb.png.9c755b99d4dc20a01b4ad2855f0e62b7.png

I took some of the unambitious ones to the first team just for mentoring. One of the GKs is backup now as well and another the second backup. Everyone of these promoted players are available to play with u20s or u18s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

I took some of the unambitious ones to the first team just for mentoring. One of the GKs is backup now as well and another the second backup. Everyone of these promoted players are available to play with u20s or u18s.

I see. From my experience, youth players training with the first team don't develop as much, unless they are playing of course.

Something to do with different training scheduling with the u20s and their fixtures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, quee said:

I see. From my experience, youth players training with the first team don't develop as much, unless they are playing of course.

Something to do with different training scheduling with the u20s and their fixtures.

Interesting – never noticed that. Will keep an eye out and maybe do some tests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Weston said:

CL rules are slightly different so that may be confusing you, but in any case, could you please post your examples in that thread I linked to? I want SI to look at this issue and fix and it if we give them more examples that should hopefully both draw their attention to it and make it easier for them to solve things.

Pellegri.thumb.jpg.1d795e5ae12a7f1e94182fd04aadaeeb.jpg20200529133340_1.thumb.jpg.8782c470fd7a5c608a16f26dcdff0228.jpg

 

Zaniolo.thumb.jpg.9733fa7cbe81bfb101ccff79afa92776.jpg20200529133354_1.thumb.jpg.ecdcf386c97ae14f35cbc6ae49dd11f5.jpg1719859312_Playerreg.thumb.jpg.ad192d18f094ed41551248111437c334.jpg

 

Edited by RVP32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

8DFA0029-1B05-4C6B-9577-22C2BD604C91.thumb.jpeg.800420df2f6fd76454c6eac35bd9e924.jpeg

VENEZIA FC - 2021/22 - Season Preview

So, we finished 13th but way off the Euro Cup places. We need to make the necessary changes to the starting 11 to give us that push for a top 10 finish which is my aim for this season. 

Let's see what business we were able to conduct to make it happen:

Transfers:

Outgoing there wasn't much to get excited about: Young Scottish winger Harvey St Clair joined Swansea for £900k, which is a bit cheaper than his value but I needed the money to capture my marquee signing.

Incoming: We were handed a £6m "war chest" so strengthen the team. Here's who we bought in:

GK: Guido Guerrieri  - Lazio - £0 (expired contract) - Guerrieri came in to be my backup goalkeeper, meaning I could loan out Brazao & Lezzerini to continue there development.

RB - Andoni Gorosabel - Real San Sebastian - £0 (expired contract) - 25 year old right back who will come in and take the starting spot ahead of fellow-Spaniard Rafa Navarro.

CB -  Javier Montero  - Athletico Madrid - £375k - 17 for heading, 14 for tackling and 15 pace? For £375k??  Yes please!!! Will rotate with Andrew Gravillon and Andrea Cistana.

LB - Javi Hernandez - Real Madrid - £140k - The third Spanish signing of the summer comes to Venice. A good attacking fullback who will compete for the starters spot.

DM - Sebastian Cristoforo - Fiorentina - £0 (expired contract) - Good defensively and creative. Might start, might not..... we'll see....

RW - Gennaro Tutino - Napoli - £1.6m - Transfer listed Tutino was available for half his value. To solve the striker issue I decided to move Rollheiser into the lone striker role and Tutino will replace him on the right wing. 24 years old and still room for improvement. 

The Marquee signing:

I had a mild issue at the AMC slot. Youssef Maleh, despite not exactly pulling up any trees last season (1 goal, 0 assists in 27 games) is starting to make noises about wanting to move to a bigger club. Whilst scouring the transfer market I came across Barcelona's Carles Alena and instantly knew I that he could be exactly the player I needed to kick start this teams climb up the Serie A and into the lofty echelons of the top ten!! A skilled dribbler, with fantastic flair and technique, I had to have him. So i sold St Clair quickly so i had enough and make the bid. Bigger teams that the lowly Venezia FC were in for him and had bids accepted so I knew I needed to over pay for him to make him even consider joining us. £3.8m later and on £42k per week I'm REALLY hoping he can be the saviour of this team.

962B8FB8-1499-45A5-8413-2439AECDBE4D.thumb.jpeg.3d791c531e68a4699acdf53cf97288f5.jpeg
Pre-season:

My aims were to see how Alena would settle into the new team and what kind of impact he would make. Naci Unuvar needed to start putting the ball in the goal and Rollheiser needed to prove his 5'8" frame was enough to handle the lone striker spot. Would his pace, off the all movement and agility help?

Well.....in pre-season my starters only play half a game until the very final game of the pre-season where they play 70mins. Rollheiser scored 3 goals in 5 games with an OVR of 7.74 so thats a promising sign. Unuvar bagged 7 goals in 5 games which hopefully is a sign that he's made the next step up and Alena bagged 2 goals and 5 assists in 5 games with an OVR of 8.06 so I think thats a sign he can make a positive impact.

Of those pre-season games, one was a 5-0 drubbing of a near full strength Fiorentina team in which Alena managed two assists and a goal in 6 minutes!!!

I'm really excited about this season, more so on the back of our first competitive game: a 5-0 cup win over Lecce. Alena scored two goals, with Unuvar and Rollheiser also grabbing goals.  

The new-look attacking foursome are looking good.

Will they be able to carry that on in the big league?

 

2DFA38A5-7826-4FE7-BCA0-39F1C70F77F1.jpeg

Edited by Matt_1979

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, quee said:

I see. From my experience, youth players training with the first team don't develop as much, unless they are playing of course.

Something to do with different training scheduling with the u20s and their fixtures.

 

7 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

Interesting – never noticed that. Will keep an eye out and maybe do some tests.

Oh really? If I have young players that won't start I will sometimes try to loan them out to start elsewhere and then loan in other players who can be benched, but lately I've wondered if I should keep them in my first team and just make them available to play with the U20s so they can still make some appearances with my club and grow familiarity, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RVP32 said:

Pellegri.thumb.jpg.1d795e5ae12a7f1e94182fd04aadaeeb.jpg20200529133340_1.thumb.jpg.8782c470fd7a5c608a16f26dcdff0228.jpg

 

Zaniolo.thumb.jpg.9733fa7cbe81bfb101ccff79afa92776.jpg20200529133354_1.thumb.jpg.ecdcf386c97ae14f35cbc6ae49dd11f5.jpg1719859312_Playerreg.thumb.jpg.ad192d18f094ed41551248111437c334.jpg

 

You should add this to my bug post and ask for clarification!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Weston said:

You should add this to my bug post and ask for clarification!

My bad, I didn't see hte 'in that thread'. All this FM'ing in quarantine got to my eyesight.

Do you happen to have a link? probably easier to find it this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RVP32 said:

My bad, I didn't see hte 'in that thread'. All this FM'ing in quarantine got to my eyesight.

Do you happen to have a link? probably easier to find it this way.

Oh no worries, I was curious to see too. But please do also raise these concerns in the link below as well so SI can investigate and hopefully sort this out for all of us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

Interesting – never noticed that. Will keep an eye out and maybe do some tests.

 

5 hours ago, Weston said:

 

Oh really? If I have young players that won't start I will sometimes try to loan them out to start elsewhere and then loan in other players who can be benched, but lately I've wondered if I should keep them in my first team and just make them available to play with the U20s so they can still make some appearances with my club and grow familiarity, etc.

I've read a few threads on it, some articles, and there's a good video of it on Youtube I think.

Basically, the gist of it was - training with first team then when you play with the u20s, you will miss out training time with the first team. Similarly, when the first team is playing, you will miss out playing experience AND training time.

Now, add all those together and all the overlaps with travelling and resting between both first team and u20s scheduling, the intersections meant that you will lose out more on training time than you do from getting playing experience in the u20s.

I think for those who don't mind collecting players, getting one young player with great personality is better than promoting the player you want to develop. Remember, you can do mentoring at each u18s and u20s level as well. It's just harder to find a Model Citizen when they are 20 or younger :lol:

I actually tried this in my save, though it was only limited sample. Both Palmucci and Adorante were kept in my u20s, only playing more first team football in the 2nd half of the first season but still without training with the first team.

In the 2nd season, I promoted Espinoza after his loan with Inter ended, but he just didn't develop at all. He only plays with the u20s whilst training with the first team. I would have play him more in the first team if he had shown signs of developing.

Again, as I said, only limited sample in my current save but it convinced me which way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Matt_1979Nope! I think I've had all three but not by the same player! Really good signing in Alena, he's a fantastic playmaker in either CM or CAM, seeing the name again just made me check where he is and he's worth £10+ million playing in Spain.

My season is slowly coming to an end, I've been very steady all season between 3rd and 5th position whilst not scoring very much (GD +18) and taking some heavy defeats against Roma (6-2) and Juve (4-1). The match vs Roma was made worse when my favourite player on this save Riccardi scored a screamer and ran the show. My scout gave him a 100 rating a few days after the game...

image.thumb.png.7c59788c277155c806eb5e1152cac05b.png

image.thumb.png.de5c24d026741704777f9bb24e9e3ee1.png

Juve won every game from pre-season to the world cup break in 2022, but since have completely lost it and Lazio and Milan have overtaken them. I'm guaranteed the Europa League next season, but with most of my squad wanting new contracts and needing reinforcements I'm still hoping that 4th place Inter mess up when we play them in the last 5 games. For next season I've signed Plizzari for free to replace the outgoing Vanja Milinkovic-Savic (£1.3 million) and have just signed Tomas Belmonte (free) and a Bayern Regen (£400k) who wasn't needed but my scouts rate highly (83) which seems strange.

image.thumb.png.4e0c2e93756a84083e8ba22c8d1f6bc1.png

Otherwise a new striker to compete with Salcedo and a new attacking CM are my main priorities but will depend on the budget. I've looked at 50-100 players who run out of contract this summer for a bargain but could only find Belmonte who will add depth to CDM.

Update

Quick final 5 game wrap-up. With 5 games left I was level on points with Inter, but after I lost to Lazio and Inter beat Juve, I needed to win the head to head... I didn't so the last 3 games had no meaning but still in the Europa League next season. Lazio win the league for the first time since 2000!

image.thumb.png.5a171b5f8fb2f12144a6b8816b8b263e.png

Final stats for the year:

image.thumb.png.a9881780b5156e5694ab80883a9a6510.png

Really impressed by this years signings Passlack and Senesi. Furthermore I didn't think Nico would step up as much as he has done this season, ending the season as first choice in the playmaker role. Vignato for £8 million however looks like a massive overpay, 1 goal and 4 assists in 23 starts... I can't afford to take the loss on him so I'll have to keep playing him.

Edited by jonathan44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, quee said:

 

I've read a few threads on it, some articles, and there's a good video of it on Youtube I think.

Basically, the gist of it was - training with first team then when you play with the u20s, you will miss out training time with the first team. Similarly, when the first team is playing, you will miss out playing experience AND training time.

Now, add all those together and all the overlaps with travelling and resting between both first team and u20s scheduling, the intersections meant that you will lose out more on training time than you do from getting playing experience in the u20s.

I think for those who don't mind collecting players, getting one young player with great personality is better than promoting the player you want to develop. Remember, you can do mentoring at each u18s and u20s level as well. It's just harder to find a Model Citizen when they are 20 or younger :lol:

I actually tried this in my save, though it was only limited sample. Both Palmucci and Adorante were kept in my u20s, only playing more first team football in the 2nd half of the first season but still without training with the first team.

In the 2nd season, I promoted Espinoza after his loan with Inter ended, but he just didn't develop at all. He only plays with the u20s whilst training with the first team. I would have play him more in the first team if he had shown signs of developing.

Again, as I said, only limited sample in my current save but it convinced me which way to go.

I guess if he doesn't make the bench and travel with the team this is less of an issue, but then you're not giving him the playing time. Bit of a catch 22. Hmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Weston said:

I guess if he doesn't make the bench and travel with the team this is less of an issue, but then you're not giving him the playing time. Bit of a catch 22. Hmm...

He would still follow the first team schedule, bench or not. Again, not sure your thought process here :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, quee said:

He would still follow the first team schedule, bench or not. Again, not sure your thought process here :lol:

I just mean he wouldn't be tired from traveling and could still partake in any U20 matches taking place during the duration of an away match trip, but I do see your point that the training schedule remains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Weston said:

I just mean he wouldn't be tired from traveling and could still partake in any U20 matches taking place during the duration of an away match trip, but I do see your point that the training schedule remains.

Which was the point of what I said, but you seemed to ignore a lot of things what others are saying :lol:

Definitely a bit of catch 22 with you, mate. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, quee said:

Which was the point of what I said, but you seemed to ignore a lot of things what others are saying :lol:

Definitely a bit of catch 22 with you, mate. :D

Maybe I misunderstood, I'm not sure what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still haven't decided on which team to have my final save with. Leaning towards Lazio or Fiorentina, although Napoli are tempting, especially with how shocking they ended up on my Roma save. Couldn't get into an AC Milan save.

Who would you recommend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Daws88 said:

Still haven't decided on which team to have my final save with. Leaning towards Lazio or Fiorentina, although Napoli are tempting, especially with how shocking they ended up on my Roma save. Couldn't get into an AC Milan save.

Who would you recommend?

Napoli. Not one in this thread started as Napoli, so might be interesting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1100.png.a83bc10cde9dc111cd79153e0f3f800e.png

Season 5 Update

Transfers

e6f475d51cadaa070a393e14bba53447.png

Not too many deals were made this season, we brought a couple of frees in to make profit on, ala Brandon Williams, Jean Pyerre and Aaron Ramsey, who we went on to sell. We brought in Tonali on loan, who was a great signing for us, no loan fee and covering his wages was a bargain. Leandrinho was signed for a club record fee and loaned back to Bremen till the end of the season, he will be a key feature next season. Levy was a good signing for us but not quite ready to feature in the first team. We made a whopping £20 million from loaning players out this season, an improvement of £9 million from last year.

Results

6bce2df714832f266863683107e12bc3.png

We win the year for the third straight year, this year being our biggest points haul to date, and also our biggest winning margin. It was nice not to go down to the wire like it has in past years. A whopping 29 goal campaign from Esposito helped us along the way as he picks up his first Top Goalscorer award for Serie A. It will now be about keeping him as English clubs sniff around him.

b75a2316be99ed36c47027c439a93431.png

We went all the way in the Coppa Italia, winning the trophy for a third time. It was even sweeter, getting a late winner to quell our rivals Lazio, with both our centre halves on target. We were sadly beaten easily by Inter in the Super Cup, an embarassing 5-1 defeat.

e470969a046f7fd622263de658d9bd81.png

5687ec1aef8af0b83a3f3ff805c5163f.png

We weren't given the easiest of groups, but we progressed as group winners, with an impressive five wins from six, which netted us what I thought would be a fairly comfortable 1st KO round tie with Valencia. This was anything but though, as we fell to a 4-2 defeat at the Mestalla, completely outplayed. However, the boys turned it on in the second leg, with a comfortable 3-0 win at Olimpico. A tie with surprise outfit Marseille was gifted to us in the quarter final and what a performance we put in at their place. A 6-1 win with Talles getting 4 was breathtaking, and we could afford to rest players in our 1-0 win back at Olimpico. This set up a semi final showdown with Barcelona. Talles gave us an early lead in the first leg before being pegged back in the second half and beaten, but we had our away goal. A performance akin to the one against Valencia followed though as Talles once again lead the charge and Barcelona were beaten easily at Fortress Olimpico. 

This set us up a final with Premier League champions Liverpool, knowing we hadn't got a great record against English teams, I didn't hope for the best for us.

8602f95f9d93a98f0dfdcd23ae151088.png

And what a game it was. We went behind early to a Bobby Firmino goal from a free kick and didn't really show what we could do all game. In the 94th minute it happened though. Alisson made an absolute howler, rolling it out to his defender who was quickly depossessed by Zaniolo, who struck home into an open net. So into extra time we went. There was only one team with the momentum and Champions league hero Talles Magno struck home to put Roma in front. Five minutes later, a header from Mancini sealed the deal and Roma were crowned Champions of Europe for the first time.

1476919068_AssociazioneSportivaRoma_Players.thumb.png.01be8a7769d23a6a30c23dbc65cd5b7b.png

What a great season it was for the boys. Esposito stayed fit all season long and came back with 37 goals from over 50 appearances. Donnarumma was ever present in our goal whilst Magno was our hero in Europe, with 11 goals from 11 games. Loanee Sandro Tonali was very impressive in his first season for us, unfortunately it wouldn't be financially frugal to make that loan deal permanent, but who knows, maybe we can extend it to next year. With Cristante already agreed a deal to join Real Madrid for £57 million and Tonali unlikely to re-join us next season, we will see a bit of a changing of the guard, especially with Leandrinho joining up with the club proper. It shall be very interesting if we can complete another treble next year.

For now though, we celebrate our success. FORZA ROMA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@oakesypvfc Really nice treble, I think theres something fun around changing the guard, even more so with money. How did Riccardi come along for you? I can't see him in your squad but in 2024 he should be ready?

I've managed to get my main man (please remember this is pre-patch)! His agent put in the release clause unfortunately, but I'm more realistic, if someone offers £24 million it's great business for me. If not a quick contract renewal might sweaten the deal. This is pretty much the max I could offer him, first time he agreed to discuss terms his agent walked away as the yearly wage rise wasn't optional and I couldn't afford to keep it in without dropping his weekly wage alot. I might try to go for a flat 4-4-2, it's something I haven't tried on this engine yet to try and get the most from Haaland and Salcedo.

image.thumb.png.b436a295250de4e354e1a028845b785b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jonathan44 said:

@oakesypvfc Really nice treble, I think theres something fun around changing the guard, even more so with money. How did Riccardi come along for you? I can't see him in your squad but in 2024 he should be ready?

I've managed to get my main man (please remember this is pre-patch)! His agent put in the release clause unfortunately, but I'm more realistic, if someone offers £24 million it's great business for me. If not a quick contract renewal might sweaten the deal. This is pretty much the max I could offer him, first time he agreed to discuss terms his agent walked away as the yearly wage rise wasn't optional and I couldn't afford to keep it in without dropping his weekly wage alot. I might try to go for a flat 4-4-2, it's something I haven't tried on this engine yet to try and get the most from Haaland and Salcedo.

image.thumb.png.b436a295250de4e354e1a028845b785b.png

I ended up releasing him after he went out on loan a couple of times, he didn't look quite good enough unfortunately :(

Nice signing in Haaland! Is he the only reason you started pre-patch? :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, oakesypvfc said:

I ended up releasing him after he went out on loan a couple of times, he didn't look quite good enough unfortunately :(

Nice signing in Haaland! Is he the only reason you started pre-patch? :P

 

That's a shame, maybe he was only good pre-patch which makes me sad, he carried my Bari squad for 3 years. Nah, this is a game I started in the beta-release and despite playing with a few other teams, I've come back to finish it off. I think when I've won a trophy (not come close yet) that will be the end of this save. But until then my Chairman is trying his best to limit my progress, with over £35 million in the bank, this summers transfer budget is £10 million despite getting into Europe and finishing 5th...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Brilliant...

 

 

Edited by Weston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Halfway through 2025/26 and it's pretty disappointing, unfortunately. Thought this might be my year, but we can't stop dropping silly points. I think my reliance on very young players for the future instead of focusing on the short term is coming to bite me here, but I remain feeling committed to the project even if I'm already restless for another fresh start next season. Every month that goes by I feel the clock ticking as I try to hold on to my players, but besides everyone constantly moaning for new contracts, being in the CL has kept everyone more or less content.

Guardiola is steering Juve rather effortlessly despite dropping to EL after finishing 3rd in their CL group. Story of the season, though, is Napoli's utter collapse, and their random Russian manager inexplicably holding onto his job through it all. The embarrassing own goal in the above video took place in my last game against Roma.

image.thumb.png.a6ca2a8b1529b9beec7eafff47a4546b.png

After miraculously making it out of the group in our first ever CL season last year, we failed to repeat the feat this time. I'm not too upset to be in the Europa League, a competition we can go further in, but it was disappointing the way we went out. We only needed a point in our final match, but we lost to bottom Sporting while Bayern beat the already qualified and checked out Barcelona.

image.thumb.png.bf8684f3398facb97040e2cd04f1cd38.png

It was delicately poised either way - had I conceded one more goal I would've been without European football at all. But on the other hand, had I stolen a point at Camp Nou two matches prior, I would've made the knockouts; we came SO CLOSE, only losing out to a freak long shot that took place 20 SECONDS AFTER the match should've ended...

image.thumb.png.f4c35ddec819b3eab363077f4ca4d36c.png

Oh well! Hopefully we kick it up a notch in the second half of the season and finish a respectable 2nd or 3rd.

Edited by Weston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season 5 coming up and most likely my last season for this save. We managed to retain all prizes last year again and so it was time to move some of the squad on. Getting in fresh blood is the key to constant success anyways.

THis is also the part where some of the players from the youth setup and some of the regens I got in for relatively cheap came in. They enabled us to move players on for big fees while having internal replacements.

And that concluded as follow:

20200531130011_1.thumb.jpg.b685c17ac150d0dc009624602e4446d6.jpg20200531130014_1.thumb.jpg.ad9603ec60d563c7b749c090f11b480d.jpg

The only one not in this picture is Kluivert, who moved to Chelsea for 140 million. PSG had been sniffing around and made a huge bid for Tonali, but players like Tonali are one of a kind, so I refused the offer. He kicked off about it but I'm handling it well for now. Clubs also came in for Antony, who I was willing to sell cause I had internal replacements, but clubs refused to hit my asking price, so he stayed and signed a new contract.

As a result, the squad now looks like this:

898169138_Romasquadseason5.thumb.jpg.7031958a71d6f61fd1713b93d6409eb3.jpg

Paolorosso, Mortellaro and Medane are regens.

I expect the loss of Kluivert to have quite the impact. He's a different type of left winger than Esposito (Who is more of a goalscorer through and through compared to a creator) so we need to look at Antony and the midfield for the creativity. Once more, I'm putting my hopes on Pellegri, who's goalscoring form for the past 3 seasons has been outstanding.

In other news, in these 4 years, Lorenzo Pellegrini has managed to get himself the legendary status for the club, ranking in third as of now! Pellegri, Mancini, Tonali, Antony and Kluivert (who is now at Chelsea) manged to get themself a status icon, with Pellegri being the one closest to legendary status, which he should be able to achieve after this season or the next one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1200px-Hellas_Verona_FC_logo_svg.thumb.png.979db44b747795ff9d240ad7f4bba8e6.png

Hellas Verona 2021/2022 Season

"Hellas Verona will look back on the season as a job well done as they impressed sufficiently to break clear of mid-table obscurity and announce themselves as a club on the
rise finishing above their expectations in 8th place"

Manager words: This season was hard. We finished 1 point behind Milan to get a European spot. We Played mainly a 4-4-1-1 positive possession based system where our main goal threat was Pedro Mendes. We lost the 7th placed spot on the final day when Milan managed to draw their game in the final minutes. I was really hoping we would qualify for Europe in our 3rd season so this sets us back a bit. Also our schedule after Christmas was absolutely brutal an it really damaged our dressing room atmosphere and team cohesion.

Spoiler

go2o2rK.png

vnbAbSj.png

sGYGl4T.png

iZxFWwn.png

Transfers and best players: I signed my usual blend of experienced mentors as well promising players.  My spine is still the same. Silvestri, Kumbulla, Pessina, Berg and Mendes/Salcedo

Spoiler

bDEqkRr.png

ddHaIXl.png

OuVTV3s.png

Next steps: We need to get silverware and/or qualify for Europe soon so I can keep my sanity and enjoy the save. Although I kind of enjoy the struggle, the highs define the lows and all that jazz. There is just not a lot of money in the bank to get that x-factor player who I can sell in the future for 50+ million. Lets see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recapturing the title

I have once again captured the Scudetto, and even though it looks like quite a comfortable lead, Inter wasn't out of the running until after the 38th matchday, as they stumbled against Udinese as I beat Cagliari. Obviously very satisfying, even more so as Dany Mota - now mostly a part-time player - scored the winning goal in a 1-0 victory for my Amaranto side. A fitting end to his - and perhaps my - career at the Oreste Granillo.

Spoiler

rAmO8Ef.png

Champions League and Coppa Italia failure

I was knocked out in the 1st knockout round in the Champions League and in the semifinals of the Coppa Italia against Lazio (more on them later).

Big clubs sniffing around

Bigger clubs have been starting to sniff around Fausto Vera (Juventus triggered his release clause in January, but he rejected them to stay). Bruno Varano has been on loan at Spezia in Serie B, and was voted Serie B Player of the Year, which seems very promising.

However...

Both Lazio and Juventus have offered me the job. They both fired their respective managers after disappointing seasons (6th for Lazio, 5th for Juventus), and I am sorely tempted to accept one of them. On one side, I really want to go to Juventus, as they are a huge club. Both Bonucci and Ronaldo have retired after this season, and while they do have great players (Dembele, Martial, De Ligt), they are missing those really great ones. So a miniature rebuild on the hands with the chance to go far in the Champions League (the year after the next year, as they finished in 5th place).

Lazio have been doing so well. They have finished second for two years straight before this season, and they have several exciting prospects, and they have a budding superstar in Daniele Cianci, but he is unhappy as he wants to move to a bigger club. SO do I join the upstart contender and accept that I still won't be able to keep my best players, or do I join the well-oiled machine that is Juventus, which needs to be brought back on track. I'm leaning towards going to Juventus, but I really don't know.

OFEXGpv.png

Spoiler

ipb1nOa.png

lHjMQ18.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/05/2020 at 22:02, quee said:

Napoli. Not one in this thread started as Napoli, so might be interesting?

So, after taking this advice, I was not disappointed with choosing Napoli.

As far as transfers, I sold Llorente and Callejon in January, brought in Armini at the start. Lemar, Daramy on permanents and Guendouzi on loan.

The first season was very up and down, and in December I had a meeting with good old De Laurentis asking me to get 8 points in 5 games. I looked at the schedule and had Lazio, Milan, Juventus and Atalanta in the next 5 games, had a little chuckle to myself, and hoped for the best! 

I managed to get enough points to stay in the job, which in turn led me to a 12 match record in the league of clean sheets.

Unfortunately I finished bottom of my Champions League group, which I think also led to the meeting.

 Atalanta were flying and looked like they couldn't be stopped. I lost to Bologna in the 3rd from last game, leaving Lazio and Milan in my sights and any slip up from Atalanta. I beat Lazio, Atalanta smashed Sassuolo.....In the final game, I was leading Milan from around 74 minutes with a rare Milik goal. Atalanta were 1 up against 18th placed releagated Lecce, and in the 85th minute Lecce somehow got an equaliser!!

I ended up winning the league on goal difference! Couldn't believe it!

Atalanta scored near on 90 goals through the season, I scored 67. Conceding only 17 is some achievement, although having Koulibaly helps.

Now I need to push on and try and keep the nightmare of De Laurentis away from any stick!

Goals seem to be my issue, Mertens was my main scorer, but has declined, Milik isn't prolific enough. Any recommendations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey folks,

Lots of great content in this thread.

I have just started a save with Inter Milan and noticed that they only have one HGC player in their squad. Which is an issue for squad registration. Has anyone who has done an Inter Milan save noticed this? 

Would appreciate some help please. Think I’ve seen @Muttley84 be quite active in this thread with Inter Milan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...