[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

20 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

@João14 Nice, similar to my experience of Maldini, he doesn't seem to get a lot of love as a player (I guess because he doesn't have great PA?) but his distribution of attributes really lets him shine when given a chance. Good luck in Serie B!

Maldini is a true underrated player. Cangiano on the other hand seemed to underperform

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, quee said:

Not an expert in Serie c, so can't say who is or isn't expected to come up in the first season.

By checking wiki, Piacenza is currently in Serie C and have spent a total of 33 seasons playing at that level. Only Lecce (who is now of course in Serie A), a total of 35 seasons spent more time in the 3rd tier of Calcio than Piacenza.

Might be an interesting team to do?

Thank you for the suggestion. I will be starting a save as Piacenza as they seem like an interesting club. This will be my first time to manage in Italy, I hope this goes well.

FM20 Calcio Thread Stats

Total Number of Players - 75

Number of different saves started - 106

Managers Movements in the same save - 7

Monza>Napoli>Chelsea>Juventus

Pescara>Atlanta

Sampdoria>Real Madrid

Cavese>Unemployed>Modena

Liverpool>Lazio

Managers Movements from Abroad:

1 - England

Managers Movements Abroad:

1 - England

1 - Spain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leagues chosen at the start of the game:

Serie A - 74

Serie B - 11

Serie C - 15 (Palermo holidayed first season - 2)

Serie D - 6 (Palermo - 4, Foggia and Avellino)

Abroad - England - 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clubs:

14 - Milan

10 - Roma

8 - Parma

7 - Inter, Atlanta

6 - Palermo

5 - Brescia

4 - Juventus, Lazio, Bologna

2 - Bari, Perugia, Venezia, Sassuolo, Cagliari, Pescara, Modena, Torino, Fiorentina, Sampdoria

1 - Cantanzaro, Lecce, Foggia, Avellino, Pro Vercelli, Reggina, Monza, Napoli, Cesena, Frosinone, Chievo, Crotone, Udinese, Genoa, Catania, Empoli, Cavese, Ascoli, Hellas Verona, Albinoleffe, Piacenza

Total = 110 different Italian teams managed

As of 18 May 2020.

Edited by quee
Added Piacenza

15 minutes ago, Rasnaldo said:

Thank you for the suggestion. I will be starting a save as Piacenza as they seem like an interesting club. This will be my first time to manage in Italy, I hope this goes well.

Goodluck! Do let us know how you get along :D

I've added you to the players' list and Piacenza to the stats post :brock:

Season 3 with Empoli. Far from being done but I had to share this result. 

I was in really poor form, beat Sassuolo 3-0 at home and then got ready to be battered again against unbeaten Juve.

:hammer:

1343561730_Screenshot2020-05-18at18_30_58.thumb.png.0ca7fd3bc85e93c4ee805c7233d1bcb7.png

3 hours ago, quee said:

FM20 Calcio Thread Stats

Thanks for the summary! Looks like I picked a great time to buy FM20 and manage in Italy.

4 hours ago, Rasnaldo said:

Piacenza as they seem like an interesting club.

Piacenza actually have a very interesting history because of Dario Hubner, who was an eccentric and aggressive forward who surprisingly was top goalscorer in Serie A in 2001/2002 at the age of 35. There is a great youtube series by a guy called Jim G FM who managed Piacenza in FM 19. I highly recommend it. 

In other news...

I have finished my first season with Verona and am currently finishing preparations and transfers for season 2. I will write a detailed update about the save soon. 

Edited by AceCream

24 minutes ago, cmason84 said:

I was going to say cheers for the plug @quee but then I saw it was on Pg. 13 - so thanks for going back to that post and linking to my blog.

I edited the pg. 13 post everytime there's a new entry, then I just quoted it in a new post to inform of the changes - so people will still see the updated list in the new post and can go to pg. 13 for it as well.

Don't think some of the inactive others will be too happy to have a new tag all the time if I make a new post for each new update. :lol:

So another season done with Foggia! Again we were going all out attack with our 433, as pictured, and getting great results.
Finished our season as champions, but still it was hard to find players to keep going up the divisions.
Still we scored a whopping 120 goals!

image.thumb.png.3655356670c9a5e0846db5ca8a0054fb.png

Our best Italian players were striker Edorado Vergani (who had joined one free from Inter, scoring 25 goals), GK Del Favaro ( who had signed from Juve on a free), and midfielder Filippo Damian (who had joined from Ternana on a free). Lorenzo Vignati (from Ascoli) did well at CB, and Davide Mazzocco (SPAL) in central midfield.

1128742938_2020-05-18(24).thumb.png.ff2fc729ebf92108297f1d7b6dcc26b7.png

1615471386_2020-05-18(25).thumb.png.2c95a3c78ee8504126edd2afebe4e7ae.png

251205482_2020-05-18(26).thumb.png.28cdafea69e23a8bdeab9524522761a8.png

1255899947_2020-05-18(27).thumb.png.9c5f2298fc81f5b798cdb48d602c7ba2.png

860298547_2020-05-18(28).thumb.png.b86d246b6dfd495b45c5287a82c38d5c.png

So 2 promotions in a row, and I need to keep going as Zeman did go straight up. Some new signings will joing us, an of course they will be mostly Italian, as that is how it should be.
Signings already done are Scuffet from Udinese 125k, Marco Carraro from Atlanta 250k, Giacomo Calo from Genoa 165k, and Fabio Maistro from Lazio on a free.
It seems to me all Italians that want to join so far are central midfielders :D I might have a few regens coming that might be good enough to play some part in the season.

Still, I need to find a lot of players, as many again are leaving us this summmer.

Will update before the season.

1452949090_2020-05-18(29).thumb.png.20fcf3db1604c3e3a9a4b19aef337461.png

Edited by Rober82

1 minute ago, djsmith0410 said:

Retire at the end of this season? He does say he wants to become a coach so should keep him in some capacity. 

Yeah. A couple of us signed him January, mine was on a Bosman that was brought forward for £275k. The other was £600k transfer offer iirc @WilsonJuve? Both times he retired in season 1.

There were a few other examples that if he is joining your club in the 2nd season, he will play on for another 2-4 seasons instead.

:(

Anyway, how is your Parma save going? Any transfer or had the window disabled?

17 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Still we scored a whopping 120 goals!

At least a 100 in Serie B? :D

Good season that, true to Foggia's style!

Some good signings as well, and young enough to develop still.

Of the new players to come in, Scuffet is a great addition for you and will be the best GK in Serie B, maybe?

3 hours ago, Micks112 said:

I was in really poor form, beat Sassuolo 3-0 at home and then got ready to be battered again against unbeaten Juve.

Without Stulac as well! Great result that away from home! :D

How long is Stulac out for still after this game?

Finally mounted the team to Serie B! I recommend everyone to take a look at teams in Portugal as they tend to offload the wonder kids for cheap prices when they're not part of the Senior team.

Managed to retain all loans i got on Serie C so we're off to something here. Let's go lads.

Captura de ecrã 2020-05-18, às 22.21.31.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-05-18, às 22.23.20.png

10 hours ago, Trevomac said:

Did you have professional status in Serie C?

When I done a Palermo save we were still semi-pro and I could only dream of getting loans like that in. Players were choosing Serie D teams over me

Can you be in Serie C as semi-pro? I thought you were forced to upgrade to pro automatically upon promotion.

10 hours ago, quee said:

We welcome #69 - 75 as new players, totalling our active numbers to 45 (who has made a post/update in the past 2 months) :D

#40 sees a new save going with Venezia.

There have been recent updates from #13, 14, 26, 30, 40, 41, 45, 52, 53, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73.

Not that it really matters I'm in 2025 now :)

24 minutes ago, Weston said:

Not that it really matters I'm in 2025 now :)

Will update it next time, sometimes it's hard when the images are random or missing the season :lol:

24 minutes ago, Weston said:

This is cool!

Wish I could do more stats on it! Like how many seasons on average per player, how many total season played for all players, etc.

I think having the team you're managing and maybe the season its in under your post count would help? But most people don't update their profile anyway :D

10 hours ago, quee said:

Yeah. A couple of us signed him January, mine was on a Bosman that was brought forward for £275k. The other was £600k transfer offer iirc @WilsonJuve? Both times he retired in season 1.

There were a few other examples that if he is joining your club in the 2nd season, he will play on for another 2-4 seasons instead.

:(

Anyway, how is your Parma save going? Any transfer or had the window disabled?

Seems I overpaid then, worth it though. Top of the league after 14 games, just ahead of Atalanta by 2 pts, Juve in 3rd. 

Only bought Birindelli, a young RB from Pisa as cover and Marco Molla the young GK from Bologna. Sold Bruno Alves and loaned out Laurini. 

In honour of the Parmalat years, my manager is Dino Baggio....I'd like to use the Scala, Malesani formation of 3-4-1-2 but don't really have the player at the moment. Trying to get Zola in as my assistant but won't enter talks yet :(

Very impressive stats you have done @quee :eek: :cool: Not able to play my save due to work and family commitment, going to play my save for few hours :D  Just beat Lazio, 1-0 to win Supercoppa :cool: Played them against 3 days later, in the league and won 3-0 :lol: 

e72fa244a0b4bff2bec64c55c6ab1938.png 

Also signing Eddie, for next season :cool: was chased by other top clubs and hopefully I can develop him, not sure if I will be changing my tactic to accommodate him and Isak up front?

Knocked out a season with Lazio just to see what Savic can do in FM20. Fair to say he smashed it. He was rested in just about everything except the league though. His size is outrageous, like a high class Fellaini.

playerstats.thumb.jpg.4db333feb7dc7036e981920ee3d38d7a.jpg

Award.thumb.jpg.ebb943ff8b58815d2e5f0000dcaf5649.jpgformation.thumb.jpg.23bbb0327f4497f52a85c14dea71e9d8.jpg

Formation started out symmetrical with him directly behind the striker, but I preferred the asymmetrical in the end as it was leading to more cutbacks to Savic after possession wins. If I play more of the save I'm thinking I may get in Weston McKennie or some other long throw taker just to really Stoke the place up. 

Edited by Stackalee

9 hours ago, Weston said:

Can you be in Serie C as semi-pro? I thought you were forced to upgrade to pro automatically upon promotion.

Yeah, I only turned Professional in Serie B. I got notification that it was going to happen in a years time when I was in Serie C

2020-05-08 23_43_04-Window.png

Edited by Trevomac
Found the picture to prove it!!!

Only got to the end of pre season with Bologna but kinda want to re-start my Atalanta save. The previous one I had done was an academy challenge but I got bored because of the self - imposed restrictions.

I think I will start with Atalanta again and do pre-season then decide which save to carry on with haha

3 hours ago, djsmith0410 said:

Only bought Birindelli, a young RB from Pisa as cover and Marco Molla the young GK from Bologna. Sold Bruno Alves and loaned out Laurini. 

Bruno Alves' sale hurts :(:lol:

What will your GK plan be for next season? Molla as 2nd choice? What about Alastra?

3 hours ago, djsmith0410 said:

In honour of the Parmalat years, my manager is Dino Baggio....I'd like to use the Scala, Malesani formation of 3-4-1-2 but don't really have the player at the moment. Trying to get Zola in as my assistant but won't enter talks yet :(

Nice! Interesting how you would do it to replicate that formation. Definitely a vintage Parma-feel to that.

Zola joined me as u20 coach in the 2nd season. I didn't even try for him in the first season because in FM19 he also refused to talk to me early in the game :lol: I think I got him as Assistant Manager then in the 3rd or 5th season in FM19.

Do keep us posted of your progress! :D

2 minutes ago, Trevomac said:

I think I will start with Atalanta again and do pre-season then decide which save to carry on with haha

Pre-season is the perfect time to change your mind on a save :lol:

4 minutes ago, Trevomac said:

Only got to the end of pre season with Bologna but kinda want to re-start my Atalanta save. The previous one I had done was an academy challenge but I got bored because of the self - imposed restrictions.

Looking forward to it :D Really enjoying my save with Atalanta :cool:

26 minutes ago, john1 said:

Interesting to see this, but hopefully it will go through, despite previous news regarding takeover.

Feels like you've been strung along for a few years now, without it actually happening? :lol:

I do find takeover talks are quite frequent in FM20, not sure if it's by original design or one of the edt files I downloaded together with the name fix might caused this? I didn't see even one with Parma in FM19, but in the first 2 seasons of FM20, I had 3 or 4 talks already.

@Trevomac your edited image is not showing for me.

Edit: Don't think anybody doubted what you said, btw :D At least not by me, as I have no idea how it works in the lower leagues in Italy :lol:

Edited by quee

10 minutes ago, quee said:

Bruno Alves' sale hurts :(:lol:

What will your GK plan be for next season? Molla as 2nd choice? What about Alastra?

Nice! Interesting how you would do it to replicate that formation. Definitely a vintage Parma-feel to that.

Zola joined me as u20 coach in the 2nd season. I didn't even try for him in the first season because in FM19 he also refused to talk to me early in the game :lol: I think I got him as Assistant Manager then in the 3rd or 5th season in FM19.

Do keep us posted of your progress! :D

Tbh didn't notice until now that Alastra had potential to be decent. Molla is only 17 so will be a while until he is ready. Alves is too old and slow, just got Bastoni in on loan for the rest of the season. Dropped to 2nd now...

19 minutes ago, Trevomac said:

That any better?

It's been a long time since I've uploaded a picture here

Yeah, it's showing now. These different situations are what made FM enjoyable :D

Edited by quee

3 minutes ago, john1 said:

:lol: My bad :D  How is your save going @quee

I actually just loaded FM20 up 2 days ago? But haven't really played it. Itching to get started again though, 2 weeks can be a long time without FM :lol:

1 minute ago, quee said:

I actually just loaded FM20 up 2 days ago? But haven't really played it. Itching to get started again though, 2 weeks can be a long time without FM :lol:

Were you having laptop issues?

Loving Kulusevski as the avatar. Hoping to bring him back to Atalanta

4 minutes ago, djsmith0410 said:

Alves is too old and slow

In his last game for me, I think his pace was 4? :lol:

He actually still playing really well as well, even at 40. And my Bruno Alves had a 4 month injury too at the start of the game.

7 minutes ago, djsmith0410 said:

Tbh didn't notice until now that Alastra had potential to be decent.

I'm actually in two minds whether to make him my permanent first choice or not in my 3rd season. He performed really well when given the minutes, sometimes even better than Radu.

1 minute ago, quee said:

In his last game for me, I think his pace was 4? :lol:

He actually still playing really well as well, even at 40. And my Bruno Alves had a 4 month injury too at the start of the game.

I'm actually in two minds whether to make him my permanent first choice or not in my 3rd season. He performed really well when given the minutes, sometimes even better than Radu.

Wow,  I worry about playing defenders with less than 10 pace. Radu was my 1st choice GK but now Buffon has come in, I have let him go back to Inter. Between, Buffon, Sepe, Alastra I should be ok. 

2 minutes ago, Trevomac said:

Were you having laptop issues?

Nah mate, I had just reached end of season 3. I'm usually stuck due to overthinking during transfer windows :lol:, and this time its worse by losing 11 players to retirements, expiring contracts, and end of loans.

I'm doing a bit of loyalty-save, where I tried to keep players that are not unhappy as long as I can, especially the original Parma players. I do sell players that complained, though :lol:

In the meantime, something else came up and I've been spending my time on those instead.

8 minutes ago, Trevomac said:

Loving Kulusevski as the avatar. Hoping to bring him back to Atalanta

Loved watching him play in real life! Those first few months were magical to get that kind of performance from a 19 years old. He did slowed down after confirming his transfer to Juventus, but the injury didn't help him.

You should read my Parma updates, especially 9th update on page 17 and 14th update on page 28. Kulusevski-related :D

4 hours ago, Trevomac said:

Yeah, I only turned Professional in Serie B. I got notification that it was going to happen in a years time when I was in Serie C

2020-05-08 23_43_04-Window.png

Interesting. So all your players were part time the entire time you played in Serie C? Were you the only semi-pro club in the league?

5 minutes ago, Weston said:

Interesting. So all your players were part time the entire time you played in Serie C? Were you the only semi-pro club in the league?

yeah exactly. I actually had a weaker squad than in Serie D. I was definitely the only semi-pro in my group but not sure about the whole league. Could only get a load of Croatians in on loan

1 hour ago, Ewan0404 said:

Proper newbie question here (despite being a forum member for years). 

What's the easiest way to add screenshots in here?

If you have a Mac click shift+control+command+4 and draw the box over what you want to capture. Then just paste it here. I'm sure Windows has a similar shortcut but I forget what it is.

1200px-Hellas_Verona_FC_logo_svg.thumb.png.de533c54a23c69a22339af0ab171e479.png

Hellas Verona 2019/2020 Ritorno

Fixtures and Results: The latter half of the season was a bit of a let down compared to the first half. Only 4 wins in 19 games saw us end the season in 11th place. This was caused by tactical experiments and tinkering. I felt we played a bit too cautious so we started using a more positive minded 4-3-3 and 4-4-1-1 at times. However the quality of the players just wasn't there which led to a lot of mistakes and lost points. We managed to reach the quarter final of the Coppa Italia where we lost to Juventus. 

I feel though that in order to progress as a club and qualify for the European spots we need to have a more attacking minded tactical identity. In season 2 these experiments will continue but we will start off with our usual 5-3-2 style.

Spoiler

The Table 

vuzyRao.png 

Season Review

xbIz9bR.png 

The main 5-3-2 tactic

qpI5f2w.png

The squad: Stand outs this season were Stepinski, Salcedo and Adjapong. Stepinski was our main goal threat with 17 league goals while Adjapong and Salcedo had 8 assists each. Amrabat was voted young player of the season.

Spoiler

Player and team of the season

X8vyERE.png

IuQC2b1.png

The Squad

Xc7sm7d.png 

Summer transfers:  We had an OK transfer window. Some vital players like Amrabat and Adjapong wanted to try their hand in first team football with their parent clubs. Many players were brought in on loan, the best one being Carles Aleñá from Barcelona to replace an aging Veloso. Mascherano, Holebas, Campagnaro and Joseph Akpala were brought in to help with the dressing room and mentoring. They all have astounding personalities(Model Citizen, Perfectionist, Leader) and very high mentals so hopefuly they will bring in experience and discipline. Mascherano was given the vice captain armband and Veloso promoted to captain. In the end we brought in 14 players for a total of € 15.25 million and got rid of 16 players well below their values to clean out aging deadwood. 

Spoiler

Transfers:

tktNoCS.png 

Improvements and future plans: To start off the new season Verona will be playing in their regular Macron kits. Luca Toni also got a new picture courtesy of the team at the DF 11 facepack website. The training facilities will be improved as well. Currently I want the team to challenge for Europe this season and keep on experimenting in finding our new tactical identity while trying to be not so reliant on loans. 

Spoiler

Luca Toni

7cmyfxO.png 

New training facilities

WwA58zA.png

The club is in a transitional period at the moment aiming to establish itself as a top Serie A club. Looking forward to the second season and will update you guys as soon as I can!

5 minutes ago, AceCream said:

Hellas Verona 2019/2020 Ritorno

Nice update! Loving the new formatting :D

6 minutes ago, AceCream said:

Mascherano was given the vice captain armband

I genuinely didn't know he is still playing! Last I heard he was in China :lol:

7 minutes ago, AceCream said:

brought in 14 players for a total of € 15.25 million

Surprised by this, as the highest transfer you made was 2.9m? The loan fees adds up that much? :eek:

Good transfer strategy though, especially on the mentoring side.

One thing I noticed is your defenders all had an average rating below 7? Not performing as a defensive unit?

Had an issue with my Venezia save and had to restart. Just approaching the January transfer window on season 1 so should have an update soon. 

Serie B is a fun division. So tight. A couple of good results and you’re near the top, a couple of bad ones and your back down to 14th!!