[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

11 minutes ago, quee said:

This would have been mine as well, love left-footed player! Only either-footed is better than a lefty :lol:

A shame there's no next Di Natale around, eh?

Not Svanberg? :D

If he performed he could partner him :)
And yeah he was a complete legend. Carrying a team like that to the positions he did is unreal. And carrying that form on so late into his career.

Edited by WilsonJuve

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

If her performed he could partner him :)
And yeah he was a complete legend. Carrying a team like that to the positions he did is unreal. And carrying that form on so late into his career.

If you do end up with Udinese, you should try to replicate the big man-small guy up-front. Di Natale and Iaqunta; Di Natale and Quagliarella. Would be fun! :D

19 minutes ago, quee said:

If you do end up with Udinese, you should try to replicate the big man-small guy up-front. Di Natale and Iaqunta; Di Natale and Quagliarella. Would be fun! :D

It may have to be Bologna with Mandragora having a £22.5m buypack clause in his contract for the first 4 seasons it would be a lot of hard work to go on to lose him. This is going to be my last save game until FM20 time to take Bologna to the big time :brock:

1 hour ago, quee said:

Agreed, buying all the best players everytime isn't fun for me. Having players like Lyanco who is more than an excellent defender is great to see. Same with Hataboer.

Definitely think the starting midfield are great already, an improvement on the back-ups who fit the team would be great.

Strikers are as good as you can get and I really liked both of them - especially Vlahovic (I had bought Leao in FM19 before), unless you're planning to shell out crazy money on FM's superstars.

Overall, I can see what you're trying to do with your team, instead of just buying everyone new from day 1. I liked it, can see a bit of planning and thoughts going into them.

Yeah I get you. No offence to the people who do but I get no joy from having an unrealistic experience and buying in 6 new players as soon as you take over and buying up all the new wonderkids 🤷‍♂️

Saying that I’ve gone a bit wild this pre-season (for my standards anyway!)

3 minutes ago, Matt_1979 said:

Yeah I get you. No offence to the people who do but I get no joy from having an unrealistic experience and buying in 6 new players as soon as you take over and buying up all the new wonderkids 🤷‍♂️

Saying that I’ve gone a bit wild this pre-season (for my standards anyway!)

Would emphasise the realistic experience in a game where we are role-playing as a manager of a football club. Some people cannot comprehend this and think such people like us are stupid for doing so :lol: Such an insult to all FMers who tried to play the game as it should be! :mad:

Cannot wait for your next update then! :D

8 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Sadly you can't really make a game where the likes of Inglese are near enough goal a game players realistic, so it seems a bit weird to take a hardcore stance against any specific play style. 

Not really a stance against it. I just get no enjoyment from that type of play. If you sign the exact same players as everyone else does it’s a bit boring no? Plough your own furrow... that’s what I say. 

Just now, Matt_1979 said:

Not really a stance against it. I just get no enjoyment from that type of play. If you sign the exact same players as everyone else does it’s a bit boring no? Plough your own furrow... that’s what I say. 

You shouldn't really bother with him, mate. He is just so used to cheating and abusing the game that he cannot open his eyes to anything else.

18 minutes ago, Matt_1979 said:

Yeah didn't really mean you about the stance against it - the other chap is a bit of a broken record trying to dictate how FM "should" be played.

I agree though always having the same players would be boring. It gets a bit tricky though sometimes I think, you don't want to sign Tonali say because you've already had him then he gets listed at 15m so you're having to make a conscious decision not to sign a great player on the cheap. Kinda ruins any rp/suspension of disbelief elements.

Edited by Stackalee

1 hour ago, WilsonJuve said:

Mandragora having a £22.5m buypack clause in his contract for the first 4 seasons it would be a lot of hard work to go on to lose him

Was renewal not an option at the start of the game?

I would get caught out on things like this, tbh, as I rarely check my players' contracts at the start of the game :lol:

For example, I would have missed out on Hernani's optional fee if I wasn't curious why he wasn't a pre-agreed transfer like everyone else :D

21 minutes ago, quee said:

You shouldn't really bother with him, mate. He is just so used to cheating and abusing the game that he cannot open his eyes to anything else.

It's a real shame you've decided to ignore me, as I'd honestly like to put an argument on the internet weeks ago behind me and would love for you to explain to me how it is that I cheat - but trying to ban other people from talking to me is beyond pathetic honestly.

Edited by Stackalee

6 minutes ago, quee said:

Was renewal not an option at the start of the game?

I would get caught out on things like this, tbh, as I rarely check my players' contracts at the start of the game :lol:

For example, I would have missed out on Hernani's optional fee if I wasn't curious why he wasn't a pre-agreed transfer like everyone else :D

I dont beleive renewing the contract voids the buyback clause. The only thing that stops it is the specified time in game or if you sell them to another club I beleive.

1 minute ago, WilsonJuve said:

I dont beleive renewing the contract voids the buyback clause. The only thing that stops it is the specified time in game or if you sell them to another club I beleive.

Ah, okay! Thought it was a buyout/minimum release fee. Who have the buyback on him? I've never seen that, tbh. Wonder who else have them?

Edit: I did have him in my scouting recommendation, I don't think that buyback is visible unless you're at Udinese or at the club he was from before. Drawing a blank where he came from :lol:

Edited by quee

2 minutes ago, quee said:

Ah, okay! Thought it was a buyout/minimum release fee. Who have the buyback on him? I've never seen that, tbh. Wonder who else have them?

Edit: I did have him in my scouting recommendation, I don't think that buyback is visible unless you're at Udinese or at the club he was from before. Drawing a blank where he came from :lol:

Juventus have the buy back clause. You wont see it because it wouldnt effect another team buying him once he is sold the buyback ends. Manchester United have one for Depay in game its around £35m and his value usually starts there or just above.

Just now, WilsonJuve said:

Juventus have the buy back clause. You wont see it because it wouldnt effect another team buying him once he is sold the buyback ends. Manchester United have one for Depay in game its around £35m and his value usually starts there or just above.

Interesting! Nice to know, thanks for the info!

It is one feature that I have never used before. Does the buying club usually tend to agree to it or will it push the price up even more?

1 minute ago, quee said:

Interesting! Nice to know, thanks for the info!

It is one feature that I have never used before. Does the buying club usually tend to agree to it or will it push the price up even more?

Only used it a couple of times myself mainly with young talents im unsure of. Say you had a young talent who you were 50/50 on and he was valued at say £3m you could sell him to a team for 500k  and put a £3m buyback back in and a few clubs would be interested. There getting a player for less than his value who you will give them 6 times what they payed if you wanted him back. You couldnt sell a £3m player for his worth and offer less than that buyback they would just refuse.

Only used it a couple of times myself mainly with young talents im unsure of. Say you had a young talent who you were 50/50 on and he was valued at say £3m you could sell him to a team for 500k  and put a £3m buyback back in and a few clubs would be interested. There getting a player for less than his value who you will give them 6 times what they payed if you wanted him back. You couldnt sell a £3m player for his worth and offer less than that buyback they would just refuse.

Interesting! Might do it with someone I'm forced to sell in the future.

Nifty little tips there! So many features I haven't try or use in FM then despite playing it for years :D

Just now, quee said:

Interesting! Might do it with someone I'm forced to sell in the future.

Nifty little tips there! So many features I haven't try or use in FM then despite playing it for years :D

Speaking about selling. Vignato will not be going anywhere for the forseeable future after I just tied him down to a 5year deal with optional 3 years on top he could technically be on £5k per week for the next 8 years if I wanted :lol:

Speaking about selling. Vignato will not be going anywhere for the forseeable future after I just tied him down to a 5year deal with optional 3 years on top he could technically be on £5k per week for the next 8 years if I wanted :lol:

:lol:

Would you really allow him to be unhappy just to keep his wage down? His next contract after 2-3 years should be £6k p/w + 3-years options, tbh. :lol:

How far have you gone now in your Bologna save?

1 minute ago, quee said:

:lol:

Would you really allow him to be unhappy just to keep his wage down? His next contract after 2-3 years should be £6k p/w + 3-years options, tbh. :lol:

How far have you gone now in your Bologna save?

HAHAHA yeah we will look at a slight raise  in the future :D  And Im only in pre-season sorting my staff and putting my players into categories of who needs sold now. Who needs sold in the next 2 windows and who has potential to step up. Couple of big decisions to make off the bat. (For example) Palacio is rated as the best ST in the team but at 37 age is against him, add to that his contract is up in 12 months and he is on £30,000 a week and Several teams from Qatar and UAE are intersted he is probably gonna have to move on. But I will need someone to fill in as depth upfront would be compromised. If I cant find the correct player then he stays,

1 minute ago, WilsonJuve said:

HAHAHA yeah we will look at a slight raise  in the future :D  And Im only in pre-season sorting my staff and putting my players into categories of who needs sold now. Who needs sold in the next 2 windows and who has potential to step up. Couple of big decisions to make off the bat. (For example) Palacio is rated as the best ST in the team but at 37 age is against him, add to that his contract is up in 12 months and he is on £30,000 a week and Several teams from Qatar and UAE are intersted he is probably gonna have to move on. But I will need someone to fill in as depth upfront would be compromised. If I cant find the correct player then he stays,

I would keep him just for the ponytail alone, mate :lol:

584ab15330d6736bca3d6e24.png.a9140739f818dcb274b631952ed11b20.png

Season 20/21

The season is over an we done it! we won simply every trophy we could. So i am a proud man! 

20200506204420_1.thumb.jpg.982aebda29d116620ba5ce4563581d74.jpg

As u can se on the picture, we was lucky to win the title. 4-4 against Real, 4-4 against Liverpool and then win on penalty. 2-2 in the final and again win on penalty. that was a tough one!

20200506210133_1.thumb.jpg.d5ebfdfa6621d91c649ce92c492cda6d.jpg

Now i need to look on the team, and think where i can upgrade my team. 

20200506204607_1.thumb.jpg.0880f861941f85904e3df24fd4dbfb27.jpg

3 minutes ago, dennislauridsen said:

As u can se on the picture, we was lucky to win the title. 4-4 against Real, 4-4 against Liverpool and then win on penalty. 2-2 in the final and again win on penalty. that was a tough one!

That's an amazing campaign of dramas! Well done! :D

13 minutes ago, dennislauridsen said:

584ab15330d6736bca3d6e24.png.a9140739f818dcb274b631952ed11b20.png

Season 20/21

The season is over an we done it! we won simply every trophy we could. So i am a proud man! 

20200506204420_1.thumb.jpg.982aebda29d116620ba5ce4563581d74.jpg

20200506210133_1.thumb.jpg.d5ebfdfa6621d91c649ce92c492cda6d.jpg

Now i need to look on the team, and think where i can upgrade my team. 

20200506204607_1.thumb.jpg.0880f861941f85904e3df24fd4dbfb27.jpg

Wow, Belotti, Chiesa, Depay, Almada... that’s a good spending spree!!

1 hour ago, quee said:

@quee if you decide not to talk to someone because you don't agree with the way he plays the game, go ahead. Don't push your opinion onto others though. Keep it clean.

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

@quee if you decide not to talk to someone because you don't agree with the way he plays the game, go ahead. Don't push your opinion onto others though. Keep it clean.

Sure, mate.

@WilsonJuve Signing a long term contract with Vignato was actually the first thing I did! I also sent one scout to provide me with reports of his development - so far he's been playing 50-60 minutes for Chievo U20 and getting ratings below 7.0. Pretty sad. He did start in the senior team but seems he only played one game before being moved to reserves. Weird. Also he was just bought by Bologna and somehow has a contract until the end of 2019/20 on default? Must be a developer's mistake. 

Edited by Kaiduss

6 minutes ago, Kaiduss said:

Also he was just bought by Bologna and somehow has a contract until the end of 2019/20 on default?

Is that not the contract for his Chievo's loan?

4 minutes ago, Kaiduss said:

His contract with Bologna expires at the same time as his loan, at least in game.

That is weird, as I have never read of this before (It should have been mentioned as he would be a player available on a free in this case, let alone not fixed after the latest update)

https://www.transfermarkt.com/emanuel-vignato/profil/spieler/394346

It says here it should have been 2004 from the beginning.

Surprised this was over-looked until now.

Maybe @Weston knows more about this from his time at the bugs/data issues forum?

Edit: Apparently he have a brother as well in the game (according to the website)? Good potential as well?

Edited by quee

It does appear that Vignato's Bologna contract runs through 2024, so if you are seeing something different in the starting database I would notify the researchers here.

Just now, Weston said:

It does appear that Vignato's Bologna contract runs through 2024, so if you are seeing something different in the starting database I would notify the researchers here.

It is 2020 even with the latest update. I had a quick check earlier.

It is not a problem, though, as they have been able to renew his contract without a fuss. Someone who might not be aware of it might potentially lose out, though.

What surprised and interest me is how this was not picked up earlier by the final update, that's all :lol:

7 games into the season, I'm somehow top of the table with my Bologna with a 5-2-0 record. Skov Olsen broke into the squad at the expense of Sansone and has been by far my best player since then. I am struggling to get Barrow involved in goals, though, which is an issue.

1 minute ago, Kaiduss said:

7 games into the season, I'm somehow top of the table with my Bologna with a 5-2-0 record. Skov Olsen broke into the squad at the expense of Sansone and has been by far my best player since then. I am struggling to get Barrow involved in goals, though, which is an issue.

You play him wide? Whenever he made an assist against me (made a few already), it was always a delicious through ball from the center midfield area. Underrated player.

7 minutes ago, quee said:

You play him wide? Whenever he made an assist against me (made a few already), it was always a delicious through ball from the center midfield area. Underrated player.

Using him as a left inside forward. Gotta show you his game-winning assist against Roma, it was a thing of beauty.

Just now, Kaiduss said:

Using him as a left inside forward. Gotta show you his game-winning assist against Roma, it was a thing of beauty.

Yeah, post a video of it! This thread needs more video posted, tbh :D

58 minutes ago, quee said:

It is 2020 even with the latest update. I had a quick check earlier.

It is not a problem, though, as they have been able to renew his contract without a fuss. Someone who might not be aware of it might potentially lose out, though.

What surprised and interest me is how this was not picked up earlier by the final update, that's all :lol:

Another reason why it's worth getting the editor. Very easy quick fix to change the date before you begin playing.

Just now, Weston said:

Another reason why it's worth getting the editor. Very easy quick fix to change the date before you begin playing.

Nah mate, not going to be persuaded! :lol:

4 minutes ago, Kaiduss said:

Here's Olsen's flash of brilliance.

That is indeed delicious! One of the best assist I've seen in FM20! :applause:

Edit: The player who recovered the ball before passing to Olsen is a Mezzala? @Kaiduss

Edited by quee

3 minutes ago, Kaiduss said:

It was a BBM - Soriano. Using him in that role from time to time

Ah, I found it interesting that he was practically next to your striker without the ball in that passage of play. I was never able to produce that with my B2B.

I like it, I'm seeing something new from your tactic despite sharing the same starting default one.

Edit: How wide is your attacking width again?

Edited by quee

10 minutes ago, quee said:

Ah, I found it interesting that he was practically next to your striker without the ball in that passage of play. I was never able to produce that with my B2B.

I like it, I'm seeing something new from your tactic despite sharing the same starting default one.

Edit: How wide is your attacking width again?

It's on the default width. The premise of the tactic was basically: I don't want to play the boring 4141 DM again, let's see if 3 CMs works. Shame Bologna's squad basically restricts you to playing with wingers

1 minute ago, Kaiduss said:

It's on the default width. The premise of the tactic was basically: I don't want to play the boring 4141 DM again, let's see if 3 CMs works. Shame Bologna's squad basically restricts you to playing with wingers

I never changed mine from the default width, just one click away from the middle. I guess must be the reason my B2B is not having that similar space to yours. Interesting that your video gave me a good idea, going to have a play around in the friendlies to see if it make any differences.

We continuing the career in Atalanta in the same way we stopped it:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.25a40c8cb4809d6bb78d1e3a939b3973.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9dc2b9945d3f63e61cdb7a15b68996c1.png

The players have changed a bit but the 5221 system shows the same results.

Ilicic took Gomez's role in midfield after he second one stopped to perform, so now my highest earning player barely plays.

Vlahovic signed in the summer and took over Ilicic as the second striker.

Zapata continue to score like a world class striker.

As for the kids, Traore stayed because I couldn't find him a decent team on loan. He plays with the under 20's and killing it there, gets the occasional chance with the first team:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d9e022eb75af6af1cbb5e95c2b4bbee0.png

The rest have gone on loan for another season, I hope that next year some will break through to the first team and I'm starting to think of a different formation.

31 minutes ago, turgi said:

As for the kids, Traore stayed because I couldn't find him a decent team on loan. He plays with the under 20's and killing it there, gets the occasional chance with the first team:

Is your 5221 narrow or wide? Related; how did you decide to try and use Traore in the end?