[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

1 hour ago, oze07 said:

Hay, anyone got a good save going with Atalanta? ive just started my first season. they are very handy!

@john1 is the only one in the thread doing Atlanta save at the moment. You and @Akustik should join him. @turgi did a save with them, but he ended it already.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, turgi said:

I really enjoyed Atalanta.

Made some mistakes with new contacts for old horses and it pissed me off so I stopped.

What did you do? :lol: Annoyed me when few old players demanded alot of stupid wage even they are like 34.

@quee Loved the writeup, great read. You sure know how to build up tension!

I'll be honest, I had no idea you can attend games of your transfer targets. Gotta try this out some day. I do love unsettling players 😂 

2 minutes ago, Kaiduss said:

@quee Loved the writeup, great read. You sure know how to build up tension!

I'll be honest, I had no idea you can attend games of your transfer targets. Gotta try this out some day. I do love unsettling players 😂 

Cheers! Glad you enjoyed it :D I was feeling it as well during deadline day, I was not prepared for him to be open to the transfers. At most, it was an advance work for the summer. What if I had bought Zeballos then? I had to sell more players, would there be even any takers? It worked out in the end, and was very relief to get it done on-time.

I'm going to take a few days break from playing the game after I finished my end of 3rd season update, as I wanted to get started on my own career thread at FMCU. I wasn't sure if this save would hold me for a long time, but it is 3 seasons now and THE player is back. So, a good time to start writing it up in more depth and structure. I did one for FM19 for 8 seasons, a save I might go back to. I'm hoping to do a better job this time, and my images are looking better now since I'm using imgur.

Actually, I didn't treat it as unsettling a player, as he was already unsettled and wanting to leave. He just didn't want to open talk with me :lol: Believe it or not, it was my first time having such results as well :D

If you're trying it, you have to declare a player as your top target or as transfer target first. I chose Top target for my attempt.

Are you doing a save in Italy as well, @Kaiduss?

11 minutes ago, quee said:

Cheers! Glad you enjoyed it :D I was feeling it as well during deadline day, I was not prepared for him to be open to the transfers. At most, it was an advance work for the summer. What if I had bought Zeballos then? I had to sell more players, would there be even any takers? It worked out in the end, and was very relief to get it done on-time.

I'm going to take a few days break from playing the game after I finished my end of 3rd season update, as I wanted to get started on my own career thread at FMCU. I wasn't sure if this save would hold me for a long time, but it is 3 seasons now and THE player is back. So, a good time to start writing it up in more depth and structure. I did one for FM19 for 8 seasons, a save I might go back to. I'm hoping to do a better job this time, and my images are looking better now since I'm using imgur.

Actually, I didn't treat it as unsettling a player, as he was already unsettled and wanting to leave. He just didn't want to open talk with me :lol: Believe it or not, it was my first time having such results as well :D

If you're trying it, you have to declare a player as your top target or as transfer target first. I chose Top target for my attempt.

Are you doing a save in Italy as well, @Kaiduss?

Thanks for the tip. 

I did start that Bologna career I was talking about earlier but I've only played through the preseason today. There are some things about this game I don't yet feel confident about. OCD really doesn't let me progress if I feel like I'm doing something suboptimally lol. I'll try to use these forums in the next couple of days to find out about some minor things I don't yet know and then start a fresh career and post regular updates here.

So far I've enjoyed reading this thread and I'm looking forward to start contributing to it in the future! 

5 minutes ago, Kaiduss said:

Thanks for the tip. 

I did start that Bologna career I was talking about earlier but I've only played through the preseason today. There are some things about this game I don't yet feel confident about. OCD really doesn't let me progress if I feel like I'm doing something suboptimally lol. I'll try to use these forums in the next couple of days to find out about some minor things I don't yet know and then start a fresh career and post regular updates here.

So far I've enjoyed reading this thread and I'm looking forward to start contributing to it in the future! 

Nice!

I guess it's time to update the players' list again. I must have forgotten someone with lots of new players coming in lately :D

Feel free to ask questions here as well, any of us will be gladly to help you!

Is this what you guys were talking about earlier? I guess there's nothing I can do about it? Can't even click him as he's not even "real." Will there be a player in their youth intake next year with this name, then? Weird he'd want to go to a less successful club.

Can I poach players from other academies somehow? It looks like this player had terrible potential anyway, not even half a gold star...

image.thumb.png.5c90aa0bf1c00c6118f48edc0b46c587.png

Edited by Weston

On 16/04/2020 at 17:44, quee said:

Trying to keep track of who's managing who in this thread since the beginning (who has posted at least an update here):

? = status unknown since last post/update

bold = active/still playing/just started/have recently made an update in April.

1. @themario - Milan
  2. @yellowforever - Inter?
  3. @Chris2509 - Brescia (status: save ended)
  4. @GunmaN1905 - Inter (twice) (I believed he has stopped playing FM20 now :D)
  5. @gandrasch - Inter?
  6. @jonathan44 - Bari?
  7. @Carlf788 - Perugia?
  8. @Maxuma - Venezia?
  9. @Daws88 - Roma?
  10. @n1mez - Was Roma, Was Milan, Parma currently (latest update in 2023)
  11. @alexdbaf - Roma?
  12. @Vokes - Brescia?
  13. @turgi - Was Milan, Atlanta, Catanzaro currently.
  14. @Rober82 - Was Lecce, Brescia, Foggia in Serie D (new)
  15. @Juventus - Juventus?
  16. @303jonas - Inter Milan?
  17. @DazBlade - Sassuolo?
  18. @Ronaldo Beckham - Was Cagliari, Parma currently (status: save ended).
  19. @CR#7 - Lazio (status: save ended)
  20. @joeys - Avellino?
  21. @FifaBing - Milan?
  22. @hbsssj - Milan?
  23. @lfc7 - Atlanta?
  24. @Firehouse - Perugia?
  25. @2481 - Parma?
  26. @Adzke - Was Juventus, Reggina currently (latest update 2020/2021)
  27. @Stu_UBJ - Pro Vercelli (status: save ended)
  28. @lblanc - Inter Milan (status: save ended)
  29. @WilsonJuve - Monza>Napoli>Chelsea>Juventus currently (in 2025)
  30. @john1 - Milan, Pescara>Atlanta currently (latest update 2021/2022)
  31. @LucasBR - Roma (currently in 4th season)
  32. @citylad20 - Roma?
  33. @Knox316 - Bologna currently.
  34. @XuluBak - Was Atlanta, Frosinone (status: save ended)
  35. @Cas46 - Roma? (last update 2029 in game)
  36. @quee - Parma (4 months) then restarted, currently Parma again (3rd season - January Transfer Window)
  37. @dubby151 - Brescia?
  38. @Constantine - Modena? (previous update 2027)
  39. @CRN711 - Parma (latest update in 2024)
  40. @Matt_1979 - Was Torino, Milan currently (latest update in 2021)
  41. @Weston - Bari (latest update in 2024)
  42. @Vizzini - Milan (latest update in 2024/2025)
  43. @Eddie Boop - Lazio?
  44. @Mr_Demus - Chievo (sacked), Palermo currently (holidayed first season - currently at start of 2021/2022)
  45. @Muttley84 - Udinese (last update: save ended), Crotone currently (latest update 2020/2021 - relegated and save ended)
  46. @Fraser - Genoa (latest update in 2021/2022 pre-season)
  47. @bendixkunert2 - Brescia (status: save crashed), Palermo currently (latest update sacked in 2021/2022 - save ended)
  48. @rafaelbenitez - Torino, Milan currently,
  49. @ajt - Catania
  50. @ParanoidBuddha - Juventus
  51. @DaaNMaaN - Liverpool>Lazio currently (joining in 2021)
  52. @sedge11 - Lazio (new) (latest update end of season 1 - 2019/2020)
  53. @RVP32 - Roma (new) (latest update end of season 1 - 2019/2020)
  54. @dennislauridsen - Milan (new) (latest update season 2 - 2020/2021)
  55. @Sh0tee - Parma previously 2025-2032 (6 years journeyman save), Sampdoria currently (new)
  56. @oze07 - Roma or Atlanta (new)?
  57. @HiggyTMT - Parma (new) (save abandoned), Palermo currently
  58. @oakesypvfc - Roma (new)
  59. @Akustik - Milan (new) or Atlanta (new)?
  60. @shaunb96 - Fiorentina, Pescara currently (new)
  61. @OlivierL - Palermo? (new)
  62. @RaffiK6 - Cagliari (new)
  63. @Kaiduss - Milan (one season only), Bologna currently (new)

So, around 31 players currently active. Interesting to see if some of the earlier players still playing in Italy or have moved on.

Special mentions for WilsonJuve, the only player continuing his career save by changing clubs so far. :D

63 now on the list, though we do lose 2 saves from @bendixkunert2 and @Muttley84 who ended theirs. But we gained 2 new players in @RaffiK6 and @Kaiduss. Lets hope those lost will be back in Italy again soon :D

252.png?lm=1438591281

Genoa – 2021-22 to Matchday 10.

September:  After the international break we returned with a disappointing 0-0 draw at Torino, in a game with few chances.  We then had our first European tie for many years, as I put out an entirely changed XI (including both new signings – Caleta-Car and Cicaldau) and managed to get a fine 1-0 away to Basel, with Omeonga scoring the only goal.

We returned to league duty with a home game against a very decent Bologna team.  Our strong home form continued with a first ever Serie A goal for young Denilho Cleonise and another Criscito penalty seeing us out as 2-0 winners.  That was followed by a midweek match at newly promoted Cittadella.  Again, we changed the entire XI but were very poor, and were lucky that Pajac’s 92nd minute goal gave us the 1-0 victory.

Sunday saw us face Cagliari, who we had just pipped to the last Europa League spot last season.  A good performance resulted in a fairly routine 1-0 win, with Lerager netting the only goal a minute after half time.

The month ended with another Europa League tie, this time at home to Hertha Berlin.  Once more we changed the starting XI and they produced a phenomenal performance, resulting in a 4-1 win.  Dalmonte opened the scoring before former Genoa striker Piatek equalised for Hertha, then an own goal and further strikes from Cicaldau and Pajac completed the scoring.

October:  Our next Serie A game was a tough one, away to Napoli. We stayed in the game and nicked a late lead through Favilli, but Politano made it 1-1 with 2 minutes to go.

After the international break we welcomed Atalanta, and managed to run out 1-0 winners in another fairly even game.  That man Cassata with the only goal on the half hour.  That was followed by our third Europe League match, this time at home to Olympiakos.  Our changed XI put in another fantastic performance and handed out a 5-0 thrashing – with Andrea Favilli bagging a hat-trick and Dalmonte getting the other two.

Next up was a visit to Virtus Entella in the league. We started well enough, with a 3rd minute penalty from Criscito, but then made hard work of it – only just holding on for the 1-0 win.

October ended with a home derby against Sampdoria, who I had beaten on all four previous occasions.  That good run would continue in a dreadful game of few chances.  Cataldi scored early but Petagna levelled right on half-time and it was left for a heroic substitute to win the points, Andrea Favilli coming off the bench to fire in the goal that gave us the 2-1 win.

We ended October sat third in Serie A, and top of our Europa League group (and probably just needing a point or two to qualify).

11 hours ago, john1 said:

What did you do? :lol: Annoyed me when few old players demanded alot of stupid wage even they are like 34.

Gomez 34yo - 8.5 million a year.

Zapata 30yo - 6.5 million.

Dries Mertens 35yo - 6 million.

Illicic 34yo - 6 million.

Toloi 31yo - 5 million.

Oh, and after the scudetos I managed to convince my board to expand the stadium so they are adding 1,274 seats. That is one thousand, two hundred and seventy four seats.

Also, a general frustration is the lack of good Italian kids, I couldn't find any young talent. Even the so called "wonderkids" are average.

10 hours ago, quee said:

Looking forward to the FMCU updates. I was thinking of starting a completely new save myself and starting one off.

5 minutes ago, turgi said:

Also, a general frustration is the lack of good Italian kids, I couldn't find any young talent. Even the so called "wonderkids" are average.

Do you mean regens or just generally?

17 minutes ago, turgi said:

Really? I love all a lot of these kids. You are right in a sense that their PA mostly all stop at a certain point, but they can still be great players if you train them.

This is my Torino save, which is a testing save we used to build "RDF training", to develop these kids.

Gotta say I love Birindelli, Cistana, Armini, Ghiglione, Castrovili, Vignato, and especially Milico!

They can be great players, and there were others that I could not get. (Yet, this is only one season. Maybe I will return one day.)

The squad is big becuse of the trainings test.

image.thumb.png.88cf7ecd99968b9bfc9041c1937486f4.pngimage.thumb.png.60659d7929331056a5c00f24f5ffcaef.png

Edited by Rober82

Yeah I agree about not wanting to use regens, just slightly surprised at the suggestion there aren't good young Italians starting out. Can't really think of any countries who do better in terms of volume or quality of young prospects tbh. Where are you comparing to?

3 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Yeah I agree about not wanting to use regens, just slightly surprised at the suggestion there aren't good young Italians starting out. Can't really think of any countries who do better in terms of volume or quality of young prospects tbh. Where are you comparing to?

If you take out the sea of young Italian talent in Inter, there isn't much left.

I don't think I can compare it to one particular nation...

Even the wonderkids I have in Atalanta looks pretty average.

image.thumb.png.ae10dd60cf802832f1924746c5a10876.png

image.thumb.png.0937f8fd696faf962b809ef8f180740f.png

image.thumb.png.589708dad40d18ae3fa3f1b7c2689dca.png

image.thumb.png.1afe18128b564f9f73395d400fae22bf.png

Fair enough, I think you might just have higher standards than me! 3 of those 4 would be straight in my first team with most clubs I think (can't see their potential so can't speak to that). Colley doesn't look too good though.

5 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Fair enough, I think you might just have higher standards than me! 3 of those 4 would be straight in my first team with most clubs I think (can't see their potential so can't speak to that). Colley doesn't look too good though.

was thinking the same they seem very good and Amad Traore as example is only 18 so has years to improve.

10 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

4 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

was thinking the same they seem very good and Amad Traore as example is only 18 so has years to improve.

Who?!

You could argue about the keeper but then I'll show you this:

image.thumb.png.5d3b769680bb2392650c430a920262a7.png

The rest are simply not good enough for me to change my tactics in order to fit them in (playing 5221).

I mean, young players improve though right? A 20 year old keeper is pretty unlikely in general to be better than a 26 year old keeper, but when they are that close I'd also be fairly surprised if the 20 year old didn't end up the better of the two. 3 of the guys you posted screenshots of look like young players who will perform fine at the moment and will probably improve a lot.

If you're playing a narrow 5221 I'd think Traore can be trained to play centrally as for example a shadow striker and become a very good player. Elia looks like he'll be quite a good old fashioned winger, but no not good enough to warrant changing your formation. The keeper looks like a tidy prospect you could be understudy to Gollini and maybe one day surpass him.

7 minutes ago, turgi said:

You could argue about the keeper but then I'll show you this:

But Gollini is 26 and have years as first choice. I don't think it's fair for you to expect them to be fully developed at young age compared to your first team players.

I for one, am planning to get Carnesecchi in the future. Loved to get him ever since I watched him play for Trapani in the Serie B playoff final, where I also had bought Laurenzi and Tolemello from.

I couldn't argue that Carnesecchi should be better than Gollini at the age of 26.

If there were any offers on Gollini I'd sell and give the second a chance but actively forcing Gollini out seems not right.

As for the rest, my "star" players are old, I need some fresh blood. Do I change formation and give those guys a chance or buy new players?

1 hour ago, WilsonJuve said:

Looking forward to the FMCU updates. I was thinking of starting a completely new save myself and starting one off.

You should, whilst we still have time to do it before things go back to normal.

Any team in particular you're thinking of?

3 minutes ago, quee said:

You should, whilst we still have time to do it before things go back to normal.

Any team in particular you're thinking of?

Too many are crossing my mind at the minute. Hoping to have one picked by the end of the day. Not even sure what nation it will be in. Are you staying in italy?

9 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Too many are crossing my mind at the minute. Hoping to have one picked by the end of the day. Not even sure what nation it will be in. Are you staying in italy?

Yeah, I'm just continuing my Parma save, basically just writing it up more as I go (after catching up with the 3 seasons of writing so far).

Il y a 2 heures, Rober82 a dit :

Really? I love all a lot of these kids. You are right in a sense that their PA mostly all stop at a certain point, but they can still be great players if you train them.

This is my Torino save, which is a testing save we used to build "RDF training", to develop these kids.

Gotta say I love Birindelli, Cistana, Armini, Ghiglione, Castrovili, Vignato, and especially Milico!

They can be great players, and there were others that I could not get. (Yet, this is only one season. Maybe I will return one day.)

The squad is big becuse of the trainings test.

image.thumb.png.88cf7ecd99968b9bfc9041c1937486f4.pngimage.thumb.png.60659d7929331056a5c00f24f5ffcaef.png

Dp you recruit Lemar on loan ?

24 minutes ago, quee said:

Yeah, I'm just continuing my Parma save, basically just writing it up more as I go (after catching up with the 3 seasons of writing so far).

Theres 3 that's standing out. One is Athletic Bilbao the basque only rule intrigues me. Having to rely on youth and poach other teams youngsters whilst trying to take over Barca/Real is a solid challenge and in all my years of playing Championship/Football manager I have never attempted it. The 2nd one is making Berlin the dominant team in germany. As the capital city they haven't won the bundesliga since 1931 and are well behind the quality of the top clubs. They do however have several youth talents in the squad and a player known to many in here leading the line Piatek. They also have a new stadium being built due to open in 2025. New owners have also taken over and are willing to pump money in to achieve there dreams. And finally Udinese a team that have struggled over recent seasons after losing there Talisman Di Natale. They also have never won the Serie A so any manager capable of doing this would go down as a legend. They have some fantastic young talents in the squad like Mandragora and a young goalkeeper in Gasparini that could hold the number 1 shirt for the next 15-20 seasons.

1 minute ago, WilsonJuve said:

Theres 3 that's standing out. One is Athletic Bilbao the basque only rule intrigues me. Having to rely on youth and poach other teams youngsters whilst trying to take over Barca/Real is a solid challenge and in all my years of playing Championship/Football manager I have never attempted it. The 2nd one is making Berlin the dominant team in germany. As the capital city they haven't won the bundesliga since 1931 and are well behind the quality of the top clubs. They do however have several youth talents in the squad and a player known to many in here leading the line Piatek. They also have a new stadium being built due to open in 2025. New owners have also taken over and are willing to pump money in to achieve there dreams. And finally Udinese a team that have struggled over recent seasons after losing there Talisman Di Natale. They also have never won the Serie A so any manager capable of doing this would go down as a legend. They have some fantastic young talents in the squad like Mandragora and a young goalkeeper in Gasparini that could hold the number 1 shirt for the next 15-20 seasons.

I can recommend Bilbao. I had great fun with it and it is one of the save where you grow extra attachment to the players (real and regens) as it is hard to find quality Basque players.

Udinese should be interesting as well, as an extra challenge - trying to be the best black & white in Italy. As long as the Watford connection is not overly used, I think it can be an interesting long term challenge. Di Natale should be the named-manager here :D

Out of the 3, Hertha is the least likely I would do a challenge in, mainly due to the new money expected to roll in. Can be too easy too quickly. I've played in Dortmund as one of my longest save in FM ever before, so Germany is fun to be in. Back then, there were problems with the B or 2nd teams, if I remember correctly. Haven't been back there to know if it still exists.

11 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

He was listed, mad as they did not want to give him a new deal in January.

How's the Foggia save going?

Edit: Without the list I compiled, it would be hard for me to keep track of who's managing who, since most of you don't use the 'Managing' info on your profile :D

Edited by quee

1 minute ago, LucasBR said:

It's funny, Ansensio and Lemar are ALWAYS avaiable to transfer/loan in my saves... Lazio had both in my actual save.

What is your anger trying to play FM20? :lol:

Just now, quee said:

What is your anger trying to play FM20? :lol:

Hahahaha I wrote this when the match engine was terrible with the ball over the top, I forgot to change :lol:

Just now, LucasBR said:

Hahahaha I wrote this when the match engine was terrible with the ball over the top, I forgot to change :lol:

I actually just noticed it and thought it's new or something :lol:

6 minutes ago, quee said:

I actually just noticed it and thought it's new or something :lol:

Hahahaha no, it's just something I was feeling regarding the ME :lol:

Back to normal now hahaha

4 minutes ago, Akustik said:

Kluivert is good in 4321 FIRE & WATER's tactic ? LM or RM

I'm using him as an Inverted Winger (S) ahd he's very good, sometimes a little bit inconsistent but he's very good.

Edited by LucasBR

24 minutes ago, quee said:

How's the Foggia save going?

I'm trying to get my head aroung this :D My whole squad are just signed, so have to play as won't be sold.
And still i need 6 new players, 2 u18, 4 u19 ... :P

image.thumb.png.899ee2f1be1274ac3c2cb4d45bdcef87.png

35 minutes ago, quee said:

Udinese should be interesting as well, as an extra challenge - trying to be the best black & white in Italy. As long as the Watford connection is not overly used, I think it can be an interesting long term challenge. Di Natale should be the named-manager here

I actually started with them and Di Natale was my manager. But I made the mistake u warned and brought to many good players for free from Watford. We were sitting in Champions League places in the spring of the first season as I abandonet the save. If I'd do it again I would have to limit myself in bringing watford players.

8 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

I actually started with them and Di Natale was my manager. But I made the mistake u warned and brought to many good players for free from Watford.

This is going full circle. My post was actually after reading your updates and note about the Watford situation :D

That said, even the AI is making use of  the connection. In my save, Udinese have Cleverly and Will Hughes as their starting midfield :lol:

On one of the bugs or data issues forum, they noted this as despite the agreement, the transfers shouldn't be all zero - especially not for first team players. The agreement should be more about loaning and having first choice between the two teams, and getting them at a decent price, but never zero.

Though, young players do tend to move for zero amount.

9 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

And still i need 6 new players, 2 u18, 4 u19 ... :P

What's your strategy to find them? I guess Foggia don't have many promising youth players?

Edited by quee

11 minutes ago, quee said:

What's your strategy to find them? I guess Foggia don't have many promising youth players?

Well i filtered by age, but it will take my one scout 34 years to get trough them. The two u18s will have to be loans to be good enough.
I suspect my whole squad is somewhere between 70-95 ability.. So I should maybe have enough for promotion, but I do need to get some for the registration.
When they become this far down in ability it's hard to separate :D
Trying some filters for key abilities for positions. Passing for midfield, shooting and pace up top. marking positioning defence.

I can't be asking for much :P

And no, forget promising. They don't have many youth players even :D

Edited by Rober82

2 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Well i filtered by age, but it will take my one scout 34 years to get trough them. The two u18s will have to be loans to be good enough.
I suspect my whole squad is somewhere between 70-95 ability.. So I should maybe have enough for promotion, but I do need to get some for the regitration.
When they become this far down in ability it's hard to separate :D
Trying some filters for key abilities for positions. Passing for midfield, shooting and pace up top. marking positioning defense.

I can't be asking for much :P

And no, forget promising. They don't have many youth players even :D

Sounds like a good challenge! :D

I don't know if I've played a save where I have to include a player by their age group before. Would be interesting.

It seems to me you're having fun already! :lol:

1 hour ago, quee said:

I can recommend Bilbao. I had great fun with it and it is one of the save where you grow extra attachment to the players (real and regens) as it is hard to find quality Basque players.

Mind you I just had a look at both club visions and first season Bilbao are  wanting Europa league qualification and cup semi final (minimum) but after the first season  there expecting Champions League qualification every year. :idiot: Considering there last 5 seasons have been 7th,5th,7th,16th and most recently 8th thats a massive step up. And due to the fact I wanted to give a lot of the youth talents some game time early on this could be very difficult. Meanwhile Udinese want mid table season one and above mid table for the foreseeable future.

Edited by WilsonJuve

542849001_ZParmaCalcio1913_logo-400x400.thumb.png.8ca36909b91ffbfc25d388c1926dd3a0.png

Fifteenth Update.

Recently, we had a good discussion about regens/newgens from our Youth Intakes, so though I would do a quick update on mine. Paid a quick visit to them since I haven't really been paying that much attention so far.

Youth Intakes Special

(I will only include players with at least 3* gold PA, if there's none I would include the top 2 prospects of that season)

Season 1

Spoiler

Z5ILeck.png

6EOsr7v.png

ifooTGR.png

uzuwRAM.png

IxOYIFM.png

NnJnVO8.png

027dwnZ.png

Not a great first intake, but come to be expected. The Campiglione-Fenile born player is Frescara, despite Confalonieri starting as the better player between the two.

Season 2

Spoiler

2yXRRcy.png

3JnvhpU.png

baDAsXF.png

vr9j1fj.png

HjcXK3c.png

9fuUKDh.png

mxQL56O.png

r9qEcOs.png

The GK is my first 3.5* gold PA, though he started as a 17 years old. Better intake than the first.

Pirazzini is the player from Gattatico.

Season 3

Spoiler

1wS2GTI.png

FbnCSfK.png

20mevRM.png

Jy5TT5h.png

SthG8sl.png

I must have missed taking a screenshot of which players our DoF had signed, but there are only 3 that were not signed out of 16 players.

wbqzTtq.png

De Grogorio is the predicted player from Brugine.

How are they now, as of 22nd May 2022?

Spoiler

YI #1 - Season 1

lMcZUfB.png

Actually regressed from 1.5* to just 1*, thought I had since signed Cistana and Tomiyasu.

YI #2 - Season 1

3YsbbD9.png

Improved from 0.5* to 1.5*, and his PA is now 2.5* gold instead of just 2*. The better prospect between the two from the first intake.

YI #3 - Season 2

p1KQcBf.png

Made some good improvement, but too early to tell if he can have a future at Parma. He is a sweeper-keeper, so should at least be natural for what we want in the first team's role if does made it.

YI #4 - Season 2

eLFD0sO.png

Performance wise in the u18s, he has been the most impressive. Very small player at 159cm, but I do love both-footed player.

YI #5 - Season 2

p2yfuzU.png

Great Driven-personality, so should help with his development.

YI #6 - Season 3

KCAcF02.png

Only 2 months after joining us, and making good progress. Hope he grows into more than 180cm tall for my Pressing Forward role, if he is to make it.

YI #7 - Season 3 (new addition)

g7MOKCq.png

He was only 2.5* gold PA, so didn't took a screenshot of him on his first day appearing, but 2 months later he is improving quite well to have 3* gold PA. His physical and mental does have a decent starting attributes.

Transfer Interests?

Spoiler

I only took screenshots of transfer offers in the 3rd Winter Transfer Window, so here are some that are gaining interests from other, bigger clubs.

YI #5

OIsTFqJ.png

G2h9F1N.png

rqi7Ibp.png

YI #4

HVH2uyI.png

YI #3

OdTwMWV.png

cxYR2gQ.png

£9m offer is not bad, I think it was Pirazzini (YI #4) who attracted a £12m offer in the summer before.

All offers were of course rejected, as I wanted to give them all the chance they need to make it into the first team.

Head of Youth Development

Spoiler

In the first season, I only wanted to sign new staff who is either Italian or know the language. So, naturally, lots of former players who had played in Italy were under my considerations. This is for no particular reason, just thought that in the first season, I wanted all my staff to be up and running and contributing, instead of trying to learn new language first. I'm not sure if this is a factor, just the logical reasoning in my head :D

I also had a minor rule of not sacking staff or selling players straight away after signing them, at least 6 months after or preferably one season later.

Here is my HoYD:

6FxM3dx.png

Someone I had a lot of success with in FM19. He is a 4.5* coach in training, so greatly needed from the beginning.

Here is some of his success stories in FM19 and my best regens I've seen:

Spoiler

Caio Felipe, Brazilian Defensive Midfielder

1NyW44O.png

mMhxp12.png

One of my favourite ever regen! Broke the youngest player and goalscorer in the same season he joined the club. Setpiece specialist as well. Was planning to build my side around him.

Pandini, Italian Midfielder

FWNotM9.png

DTXxG1R.png

A unique case of not paying any attention to one of the earlier seasons regen. He appeared in season 2, and I payed him no mind. But since he started as a 15 years old, he developed beyond expectations by the time he was 18. He have been called up to the Italian National Team at 18/19 without making his debut when I left the save.

Hyso, Albanian Goalkeeper

Nbp3gn3.png

TxjwycH.png

My Parma save in FM19 was a project involving Gabriel Brazao as a long term number 1. But Hyso emergence was hard not to play him ahead of Brazao.

Russo, Italian Winger

3c3rcUR.png

KCiWtfR.png

Similar example to Pandini. Only started to notice him when he was scoring worldly goals for the u20s, and even then his potential wasn't great. When he got more first team exposure, late by regen standard - 19/20, he just skyrocketed through the roof with his performance.

Bennis The Menace, Moroccan Striker

QvNGNJO.png

mSHnc8D.png

The most recent regen before I stopped playing FM19. As good as Caio Felipe was at their starting point! Though he started younger as a 15 years old.

Part of the reason I stopped playing FM19 was due to the dual nationalities of my Youth Intakes. As you can see, I listed them as their first Nationality, when they first appeared in the game. But the game always called them up to the Italian setups, which ruined the immersion for me. It would be a lot cooler to have a Brazilian regen, Albanian regen, and Moroccan regen amongst others coming through Parma Academy. Instead of everyone being Italian regens after a few years. The uniqueness of obscure countries having good regens attracts a great deal of interest from me. The individuality is what gave them that extra character, to set them apart from the hundreds of expected Italians to come through at any time. :D

Hopefully they have fixed this in FM20, as I had read they would do.

Next update: End of Season 2021/2022!

Edited by quee