[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

3 minutes ago, quee said:

In what order do you think the players description goes from the youth intakes? Great prospect, Top prospect, Caught the eye.. It could described any level of ability but at which order?

Golden Generation usually means they are more than a few with 3* PA, I think? Never as what it was meant to stand for like Class of '92 :lol:

Im not really sure. Im guessing looks a great prospect and top prospect ones have to be pretty decent. There is a chance though that other teams can sign your youth prospects before they even show up in your youth candidates page. Which would be extremely frustrating if you had a potential world beater.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, WilsonJuve said:

Im not really sure. Im guessing looks a great prospect and top prospect ones have to be pretty decent. There is a chance though that other teams can sign your youth prospects before they even show up in your youth candidates page. Which would be extremely frustrating if you had a potential world beater.

I read about this, and apparently you don't get a notification from it? The player just gone.

It would be frustrating, I agree. Though, not unrealistic! Giggs was in the City academy before signing for United as a great example. So, don't use an editor to change any if it's in your game :lol: Kidding aside, I would like to at least get a notification about said player lost, so I could try and get him back in the future if he's worth it.

You would think Top prospect is the best one, since it's the top.. but somehow I doubt it in FM :D

Just now, quee said:

I read about this, and apparently you don't get a notification from it? The player just gone.

It would be frustrating, I agree. Though, not unrealistic! Giggs was in the City academy before signing for United as a great example. So, don't use an editor to change any if it's in your game :lol: Kidding aside, I would like to at least get a notification about said player lost, so I could try and get him back in the future if he's worth it.

You would think Top prospect is the best one, since it's the top.. but somehow I doubt it in FM :D

Yeah its probably linked to the current ability of your team so an insane top prospect for me would be a poor prospect for juventus

You get a notification that a player has been poached, it tells you his name and the club he joins. I haven't checked if they actually show up in their new team's next intake. You also still get a message about good young players from specific areas.

47 minutes ago, quee said:

How do you simply finish 3rd in your group? :lol:

If you finish 3rd in your CL group you are booted down to the EL and then you can repeat Parma's UEFA Cup success!

Just now, Weston said:

If you finish 3rd in your CL group you are booted down to the EL and then you can repeat Parma's UEFA Cup success!

Yeah, I know that. But you can't selectively and deliberately try to finish 3rd now, can you? Unless reloading :lol:

45 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Armini is in the final year of his contract at the start, so maybe just made it easier for someone to get him for free.

42 minutes ago, quee said:

If you don't have the first transfer window disabled, apparently you can get him on a compensation right at the start of the game.

Interesting. Would've tried to sign him then had I known, but probably would've lost out anyway being in Serie C at the time. I guess Salernitana offered him a starting role and he jumped at it.

@WilsonJuve I just realised that the guy you mentioned in the English league is Makoto Nakamura! He's a legend in the community, one of the best in role-playing the game. His updates are always quick as well, and he play over many seasons in greatest speed.

His poached player must also where you came across the example?

Just now, HiggyTMT said:

How is it possible to play as Palermo?

You can either download a database that adds Serie D or you can just holiday for a year until they get promoted to Serie C and then take over them from there. I prefer the first option, personally, and have done it with Bari in the past.

2 minutes ago, HiggyTMT said:

Download a database that allows Serie D to be playable or holiday the first season until the end of May, just before the playoffs date > save > reload until you see Palermo in Serie C.

@Rober82 might be able to help you with the former since he's starting his Foggia in Serie D save at the moment.

Edit: Though, I'm sure Palermo will always come up anyway since they are the biggest club in Serie D? So, you might be able to just holiday it all the way through to June or July.

Edited by quee

6 minutes ago, Weston said:

Interesting. Would've tried to sign him then had I known, but probably would've lost out anyway being in Serie C at the time. I guess Salernitana offered him a starting role and he jumped at it.

I've seen him signed on a compensation for a lot of lower league teams in the other topics, though that was when the forum is most active when this first came out. He might be harder to get for lower leagues in the latest update.

Just now, HiggyTMT said:

Always preferred starting lower and working my way up tbh.

If palermo isnt an option Monza is a solid shout have a fantastic team for the first 2 promotions and the talent you can attract is unreal for that level. Also owned by ex milan owner Silvio Berlusconi which made it an intersting choice for me. I loved my time there.

2 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Send me a DM if you want the DB. But leave my Foggia alone ;)

Cannot wait for your Foggia updates! Wonder which players you will get for the lower leagues to play gung-ho football :D

11 minutes ago, quee said:

Cannot wait for your Foggia updates! Wonder which players you will get for the lower leagues to play gung-ho football

Yeah I am wondering that myself.. First we need to create a gung ho 433 :D Working on it.

20 minutes ago, quee said:

I've seen him signed on a compensation for a lot of lower league teams in the other topics, though that was when the forum is most active when this first came out. He might be harder to get for lower leagues in the latest update.

Interesting. This is why I stay away from player guides - it would've given me an advantage there. This is the most engaged I am anywhere, even here I'm hesitant to see players you guys are succeeding with! But I'm far enough way from the starting point now anyway that there's not a lot of crossover anymore.

34 minutes ago, HiggyTMT said:

just download Italy database from steam workshop (user: Sangue Blu)

And, don't get sacked like I did in my 3rd season with Palermo in Serie B:lol:

1 minute ago, bendixkunert2 said:

And, don't get sacked like I did in my 3rd season with Palermo in Serie B:lol:

Your save is ended then? Was it performance related or other?

Just now, quee said:

Your save is ended then? Was it performance related or other?

yes, I will try a new one soon but I got back to back promotions and then sucked in Serie B and got fired when I was in like 17th place. I used always the same tactic and was unable to adjust. Was able to take from this however that no tactic will always work and now will always try to adjust to the team I have. Think I'm interested in Bologna but not sure yet.

9 minutes ago, bendixkunert2 said:

Think I'm interested in Bologna but not sure yet.

Nice, keep us posted. Some tasty players there, was disappointed when they pulled themselves out of relegation to finish mid-table in my 3rd season - a fire-sale would have been great :D

9 minutes ago, bendixkunert2 said:

Was able to take from this however that no tactic will always work and now will always try to adjust to the team I have.

As FM should, never easy if played normally :D

Just now, Mr_Demus said:

I only had one Serie B capable striker, so I was on the lookout for a rotation/backup player. I couldn't help myself...

Nice, very Italian thing to do :D How much is that wages?

2 hours ago, bendixkunert2 said:

yes, I will try a new one soon but I got back to back promotions and then sucked in Serie B and got fired when I was in like 17th place. I used always the same tactic and was unable to adjust. Was able to take from this however that no tactic will always work and now will always try to adjust to the team I have. Think I'm interested in Bologna but not sure yet.

Why not try to get a new job in the existing save? Would be a cool journey, no?

So we were in good form and performing well. Correa and Immobile have been playing brilliant together, then my keeper Strakosha gets injured for 4 weeks, and this is now my form. My back up keeper had not played a single minute beforehand, 4 losses in a row without scoring, and we have dropped to 8th in the league.

crapform.thumb.png.f941a6146390d6e398da14e0827c73b3.png

It's not just the results, we have been utter crap in all 4 games. Every single player has been warned about their form. I was so confident going into this season.

Edited by sedge11

9 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Nice one - what role do you have Savic in and how has he been for you in general, if you don't mind me asking?

I use him as a mezzala on support.

He’s been good, doesn’t get as many assists as I would like but gets a decent amount of goals. I did experiment with him as a Libero on attack in my defence during the 1st season and he performed well there, but that would have definitely affected his assist output.

12 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

He’s been good, doesn’t get as many assists as I would like but gets a decent amount of goals. I did experiment with him as a Libero on attack in my defence during the 1st season and he performed well there, but that would have definitely affected his assist output.

Ah right, does he get into the box at all like that? His ppm's make it look like he will but he's not the fastest so just wondering how it works out playing him deeper, I think I've only messed around with him a bit in this FM and used him as a #10 (which iirc didn't go amazingly).

I was thinking about playing with Oblia 1905 (Sardinia) and only buy players from that region . i would do this by searching all the birth cities available from Sardinia and tag them with the editor so i can setup filters / player search .

But there are +- 300 cities .. don't know yet if i have the patient of editing them al.. Could start with a Ibiza (sorry wrong topic) because i'm going on a holiday there next summer(or maybe not..) and editing/tagging the cities from the Balearen goes must faster. Ibiza had famous Italian striker Marco Boriello in their squad last seaosn.

Good luck guys, maybe see you later !

Edited by OlivierL

You'll never guess who's scored 4 in the last 3 after what happened...

image.thumb.png.057f30f4c8eb29b4902121112b43f433.png

Meanwhile, look how close the top 4 clubs are at the top of the table...

image.thumb.png.6ae0e5f0a43e8d409629ddd87a8c3e61.png

Another disappointing youth intake for me. That's 5/5 despite me improving everything to do with this aspect of my club at every chance I've ever gotten. Oh well.

image.thumb.png.2d7e20a419d6d0936323d36ca33b6bfe.png

What's especially interesting is that both of the two least poor candidates are non-EU! I thought they'd have Italian as a second nationality, but no.

Even weirder? They've lived in Italy for over 3 years but don't even know basic Italian...

image.thumb.png.67e8f48b89a350806c55309eb44c295c.png

image.thumb.png.d5188e1146dfc68862119e4b5413d90b.png

Anyone else ever experience anything like this? I don't have a single African staff member, and I've never even scouted the continent. Bizarre all around.

6 hours ago, OlivierL said:

I was thinking about playing with Oblia 1905 (Sardinia) and only buy players from that region . i would do this by searching all the birth cities available from Sardinia and tag them with the editor so i can setup filters / player search .

But there are +- 300 cities .. don't know yet if i have the patient of editing them al.. Could start with a Ibiza (sorry wrong topic) because i'm going on a holiday there next summer(or maybe not..) and editing/tagging the cities from the Balearen goes must faster. Ibiza had famous Italian striker Marco Boriello in their squad last seaosn.

Good luck guys, maybe see you later !

Do you need to edit/tag them in the editor?

You can just filter it in the players search by 'City of Birth' or 'Region'?

12 hours ago, Weston said:

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 1.30.59 PM.png

I saw from @sedge11's recent update that Salernitana is an affiliate of Lazio? Must be the reason why he was allowed to move for free here, an agreement between them like Udinese-Watford? Definitely not a bug then :lol:

After days of searching i finally found my new club and therefore a big thanks to this thread! After the end of my Atheltic-save my focus was Ligue 1 but with this thread i knew it must be Serie A. 

I had Neapel, Parma or Bologna in my mind but (i dont know why :D) after getting up today i decided to start with Cagliari. Hopefully it will be u successful journey :)

6 hours ago, Weston said:

Another disappointing youth intake for me. That's 5/5 despite me improving everything to do with this aspect of my club at every chance I've ever gotten. Oh well.

image.thumb.png.2d7e20a419d6d0936323d36ca33b6bfe.png

What's especially interesting is that both of the two least poor candidates are non-EU! I thought they'd have Italian as a second nationality, but no.

Even weirder? They've lived in Italy for over 3 years but don't even know basic Italian...

image.thumb.png.67e8f48b89a350806c55309eb44c295c.png

image.thumb.png.d5188e1146dfc68862119e4b5413d90b.png

Anyone else ever experience anything like this? I don't have a single African staff member, and I've never even scouted the continent. Bizarre all around.

What does your HOYD look like? 

2 hours ago, quee said:

Do you need to edit/tag them in the editor?

You can just filter it in the players search by 'City of Birth' or 'Region'?

First u have to tag them. If not u have to type every city (for example , Sardinia = 360 names) . If u tag them u only have to type the tag once in the filter and select them all.

Already doubting about Ibiza :) u'll know what i started because i'm planning to start a career update about them.

10 hours ago, Stackalee said:

Ah right, does he get into the box at all like that? His ppm's make it look like he will but he's not the fastest so just wondering how it works out playing him deeper, I think I've only messed around with him a bit in this FM and used him as a #10 (which iirc didn't go amazingly).

He does get in the box occasionally and rest of the time he’s usually just outside the box, if I put him on attack duty he will get in the box more. 

The mezzala role worked so well on Man Utd save with Bruno Fernandes, who on this year’s game is just unreal, so maybe expecting too much from SMS, but he’s still been good, just want more assists from him.

1 minute ago, sedge11 said:

He does get in the box occasionally and rest of the time he’s usually just outside the box, if I put him on attack duty he will get in the box more. 

The mezzala role worked so well on Man Utd save with Bruno Fernandes, who on this year’s game is just unreal, so maybe expecting too much from SMS, but he’s still been good, just want more assists from him.

Makes sense, he has fairly similar attributes to Bruno I guess - I think I just tend to see his size and always want to get something out of it. Does the #10 perform well for you in that setup? Sorry for all the questions I just like the look of what you're doing.

1 minute ago, Stackalee said:

Did Milan randomly transfer list him? They did that in my Samp save but he wouldn't talk to me!

It was funny because I offered 40M for him and they rejected, the very next message in my inbox was "Donnaruma requests transfer" :lol:

It was the easiest buy I've ever made for a top player.

8 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Ah okay, that makes more sense - unsettling players works pretty well in this edition. In mine he wasn't listed by request they just wanted rid of him for some reason. :idiot:

Yeah, but I think they did this because he wasn't happy at the club.

Maybe, I wondered if it was like when contract negotiations have gone badly or something. It just looks really weird when there is no "unhappy" type status on the player page and you see people who are the best at their clubs listed for small fees. 

2 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Maybe, I wondered if it was like when contract negotiations have gone badly or something. It just looks really weird when there is no "unhappy" type status on the player page and you see people who are the best at their clubs listed for small fees. 

Where did he go? I've seen in different save this happening, I think he's to ambitious for Milan at the moment, especially if they stay out of UCL and not winning the league.