[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

3 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Why, The Foggia dei miracoli, of course. :) Foggia of miracles.
 Or Zemanlandia.

Signori, Rambaudi and Baiano up front. Shalimoc, Kolyvanov and Dan Petrecsu.

Only AC Milan scored more goals, Foggia scored 58.

However they also conceded 58, so will have to try to improve one that. :D

I thought it was a Zeman's team! I actually didn't realised Foggia is in Serie D now! They were in Serie B last season, right?

When you said score more than concede, that's a clue for a classic Zeman's team!

Zeman was of course Parma's coach in 1987 in Serie B - but only for 7 games before getting fired! Ah, would have been interesting! :D

Edited by quee

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, quee said:

I thought it was a Zeman's team! I actually didn't realised Foggia is in Serie D now! They were in Serie B last season, right?

When you said score more than concede, that's a clue for a classic Zeman's team!

Zeman was of course Parma's coach in 1987 in Serie B - but only for 7 games before getting fired! Ah, would have been interesting!

I believe it is a new project, again, and therefor has to start in Serie D. Seems this happens a lot in Italy.

I believe Zeman took the team straight up 3 years, then almost to Europe.. A few losses at the end made them 9th.

Hard to follow :D But I will try my best if I can get the database.

I am currently managing Oxford, soon in the PL. But all I can think of is Foggia.
Actually feels like I'm cheating on my girlfriend... :D

1 minute ago, Rober82 said:

I believe it is a new project, again, and therefor has to start in Serie D. Seems this happens a lot in Italy.

I believe Zeman took the team straight up 3 years, then almost to Europe.. A few losses at the end made them 9th.

Hard to follow :D But I will try my best if I can get the database.

I am currently managing Oxford, soon in the PL. But all I can think of is Foggia.
Actually feels like I'm cheating on my girlfriend... :D

I am sure she will understand ;) 

1 hour ago, quee said:

@Weston, your Ronaldo is better than mine slightly, almost similar in most of the stats, though. He must have fixed CA as a coach?

My Buffon been improving a lot! :eek: Shame about the discipline, though.

Probably. My Buffon actually retired, presumably because no one wanted to hire him because his staff stats were bad. I wish it would be more clear if/how staff attributes improve like player ones. We have "judging staff ability" but you can't really scout staff.

1 hour ago, john1 said:

8aa737b417a3574b5f2f67a086ff1ee6.png 
Can't believe this offer :eek: I wasn't going to accept it but struggling to see how he will fit in my tactic as I don't play AMC.

1 hour ago, Stackalee said:

Your academy seems insanely good, I think I've had one usable player through in about 800 seasons of FM20 heh.

1 hour ago, john1 said:

It's hit and miss sadly :(  He's developing well but my midfielders are well stocked up at the moment. Especially with Flippo Melegoni, is coming back after loan with Pescara.

He looks really good, but that's a fantastic offer, especially considering it's 50% of the total next deal, not profit! Remember Melegoni is from your academy too. He's nothing too special for me though, second string, really. My actual academy has been pretty mediocre despite me upgrading recruitment, coaching, and facilities at every possible turn. I mostly have just been poaching young players from other places, especially my affiliate Napoli.

2 minutes ago, Weston said:

Probably. My Buffon actually retired, presumably because no one wanted to hire him because his staff stats were bad. I wish it would be more clear if/how staff attributes improve like player ones. We have "judging staff ability" but you can't really scout staff.

Buffon's attributes improved after each completion of the coaching course. I checked and compared each time. I definitely remember at the beginning, his goalkeepers attributes were not green. I'm not sure though, not sure how the starting attributes are determined.

2 hours ago, Rober82 said:

That team were so attacking, that I could never quite forget it.
So guys, is there anyway I could get Serie D, and perform another Miracle?

1 hour ago, quee said:

There's a database you can download that goes to Serie D and below it, I think. Must be in Steam Workshop. @bendixkunert2 might be able to help more since he's playing with Palermo in Serie D.

I can try to dig up what I used to play Serie D on FM19 but if someone in here can already attest to a solid, working database for FM20 I'd go with that one anyway.

1 minute ago, Weston said:
1 hour ago, quee said:

I can try to dig up what I used to play Serie D on FM19 but if someone in here can already attest to a solid, working database for FM20 I'd go with that one anyway.

There are quite a few on Steam, so not quite sure which one to pick.

Edited by Rober82

1 hour ago, quee said:

They have had bankruptcy/administrative issues I think. I too Bari from D to C in FM19 and almost got stuck there because a very solid Foggia team was relegated from B to C and met me in the middle with a squad that was only sent down because of a points deduction.

45 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Half of the season and our chances of staying up in Serie A are not looking that good. Maybe we pull out a miracle and manage to get over Parma, Cagliari or Sassuolo to remain in the league.

Serie-A-TIM_-Profile1a2b3cd08d35eeab.png

You gotta bring in some loans in January to stay afloat!

20 minutes ago, quee said:

Buffon's attributes improved after each completion of the coaching course. I checked and compared each time. I definitely remember at the beginning, his goalkeepers attributes were not green. I'm not sure though, not sure how the starting attributes are determined.

Interesting. Unless it's someone you're emotionally attached to like Buffon there's little incentive in paying for coaching courses that take them off the training ground when you can just hire someone better.

2 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

There are quite a few on Stem, so not sure which one to pick.

I'd go with whichever has the best reviews, if you can see any. People will have tested them by now and reported back on which have bugs and which don't, I presume? I found mine in this forum last time, I want to say it was done by someone named Claassen or something?

Those who have been following my updates would know about Kulusevski's form in the 2nd season, and to an extent, Inglese in my current 3rd season. Interestingly, my Parma team never had a player scored more than 2 goals in a match - yep, no hattrick so far! You would thought that Kulusevski would have one, but he ONLY had scored twelve braces!

Until this Coppa Italia match against Torino! :D Care to take a guess who is the player? (I wish they include names in these highlight videos)

Edit: Just double check, Inglese had actually score two hattricks in season 1. In the infamous 4-5 'Fall in Rome' and a 3-1 home win against Atlanta. Still, first player to score 4 goals then in a match! (unfortunately, it didn't break Gilardino's record in 2004)

Edited by quee

51 minutes ago, Weston said:

You gotta bring in some loans in January to stay afloat!

I would but we are working on a really tight budget and not a lot of good options for value on the market. Most of Seria A teams already loaned their best prospects. 

Got a couple of more matches in and must say we started out well. Currently top of the table with Juve and Lazio following closely. 2nd in our Euro League group.

After a dry spell of 5 games straight, Pellegri managed to score a goal in his next 2 games. Hopefully he's unchained now.

Best performers thus far are Kolarov, Under and Zaniolo. Mancini is a rock at the back.

Hoping to get a bit more out of Kluivert soon, as he has only had 1 goal and 0 assists out of 7 games yet and his general play annoys me somewhat. (But I'm counting on improvements when the team gets a bit more cohesive with each other.)

31 minutes ago, RVP32 said:

Hoping to get a bit more out of Kluivert soon, as he has only had 1 goal and 0 assists out of 7 games yet and his general play annoys me somewhat. (But I'm counting on improvements when the team gets a bit more cohesive with each other.)

Train him on double intensity for final third. His decisions and composure will go up, and he needs that.

This is mine after 2 years of this specific training.

2020-04-23 (19).png

1 hour ago, RVP32 said:

improvements when the team gets a bit more cohesive with each other

I think this is a very important thing to note. Most players think that by the first friendly everything should be all gun blazing, but Squad Dynamics is a really important aspect of building  your team's style of play.

1 hour ago, oakesypvfc said:

Started a Roma save a couple of weeks ago and since all this lockdown shizzle, have had a good go at it and loving it so far. Hope there are some fellow Roma players in here, will post about it in the next day or so :hammer:

Welcome! :D

A few are playing as Roma (you can see the updated list on page 22), @LucasBR is the furthest into his save, I think. What season are you in now, Lucas?

1 hour ago, RVP32 said:

I'm counting on improvements when the team gets a bit more cohesive with each other.

41 minutes ago, quee said:

I think this is a very important thing to note. Most players think that by the first friendly everything should be all gun blazing, but Squad Dynamics is a really important aspect of building  your team's style of play.

I always go to training and set "team bonding" and "community service" every week in the summer/fall to help the team gel better, which is especially important if there's been a lot of turnover.

I took the screenshots, but forgot to post the updates. I am done with my first season at Palermo.

Spoiler

N5wAEKh.png

Things were tight all the way through, and we would have won Girone A and B comfortably. In the end, we won and promoted to Serie B.

Our topscorer was loanee from Milan, Luan Capanni, who I have brought back for Serie B

Spoiler

C3LAKEn.png

Gorka Elustondo continued to perform, but also continued to decline statswise, so he was not offered a new contract

Spoiler

tyxGZqq.png

I made two late signings in the season, and they proved to be difference makers.

First up, is playmaker Teddy Bouriaud who was signed on a free transfer.

Spoiler

4iuRcE9.png

I also managed to bring in Fran Feuillassier from Real Madrid for 150k. He started of weakly, but soon found his form.

Spoiler

snwAgJW.png

Edited by Mr_Demus

3 hours ago, Mr_Demus said:

I made two late signings in the season, and they proved to be difference makers.

Good hunting, Teddy especially looking good for that level.

Things were tight all the way through, and we would have won Girone A and B comfortably. In the end, we won and promoted to Serie B.

Is Serie C random then? By draws?

Congrats, Bari seemed like a worthy rival. Have you brought Fabio Grosso back as a coach? He's the current manager in mine :D

46 minutes ago, Akustik said:

Who play with AC MILAN ? Has anyone had any success with AC Milan and can suggest a tactic?

A few does, just have to wait for them to reply, if any. Welcome to Calcio! :D

1 minute ago, quee said:

Congrats, Bari seemed like a worthy rival. Have you brought Fabio Grosso back as a coach? He's the current manager in mine :D

Not sure. Maybe regional?
No, I don't think I have.

Thanks, I am looking forward to Serie B. We are predicted 14th/20.

9 hours ago, Weston said:

I always go to training and set "team bonding" and "community service" every week in the summer/fall to help the team gel better, which is especially important if there's been a lot of turnover.

Team work and team cohesion is so, so underrated :D Now I tend to have 'teamwork' match preparation before a big match and it sometimes help - the likes of Karamoh with poor work-rate and basic teamwork attributes helping my fullback all match long is a manager's dream :lol:

7 hours ago, Mr_Demus said:
Spoiler

N5wAEKh.png

I feel like every year in everyone's saves Girone C is closest and toughest out of Serie C. Good to see my Bari doing well in yours, curiously I don't think I've seen them make it to B in anyone else's saves, and they likely would've here if not for your very solid campaign.

3 hours ago, quee said:

Not sure. Maybe regional?

My understanding is Serie C/A, C/B, and C/C are divided by northwest, northeast, and south of the country, respectively. This can fluctuate, with clubs being sent laterally within the Serie C leagues from time to time. For example, if more/only southern clubs are relegated from Serie B one year, which is often the case, you end up with more relatively stronger clubs added to C/C while some of the weaker clubs already in C/C that happen to be farthest north are just bumped to C/A or C/B, making that league comparatively weaker.

image.thumb.png.4e624d03f29e0ba2e299af57f9c465fe.pngimage.thumb.png.9d6f5ff8f118e3eda64e3ca4d5a60d83.pngimage.thumb.png.59e62572405e8caf26b9c85c13cac05c.png

This is just one more reason why I keep proposing to FM as a feature request to incorporate MAPS. Something so simple would vastly improve the contextual understanding and user experience. If I click on a league I want to see dots on the map to see where the clubs are located. If I go play an away match to Krasnodar, which I am now doing in Europa League, I'd love a map that shows a line from Bari to Russia, or something, anything to make this feel more real.

Edited by Weston

25 minutes ago, Weston said:

I feel like every year in everyone's saves Girone C is closest and toughest out of Serie C. Good to see my Bari doing well in yours, curiously I don't think I've seen them make it to B in anyone else's saves, and they likely would've here if not for your very solid campaign.

I can't check now, but I think they might have gone up via the playoffs. I am not sure though

14 hours ago, quee said:

Welcome! :D

A few are playing as Roma (you can see the updated list on page 22), @LucasBR is the furthest into his save, I think. What season are you in now, Lucas?

Thanks for the mention... I'm now on the start of my 4th season.

4 minutes ago, quee said:

Anybody found 'Commanding Centre-back' in FM20?

In FM19, I had Lucas Ribeiro and he was great alongside Bastoni. So far, haven't seen one yet in FM20.

No, but I got two keepers dubbed as the new Buffon.

59 minutes ago, Weston said:

I've done four saves in Italy over a couple seasons long now and Bari got promoted to B in two of them, followed by relegation in one of those and 17th place in the other.

Little update from my Milan save.

As u can see on the screenshot, we are number 1. We are unbeaten fra the start. i cant complain how is going.

20200429224211_1.jpg

The second screenshot is my transfers.  i couldn't get the players i want from the begining, but i am okay with that, as long we are doing great.

20200429224247_1.jpg

Here can u see how it goes. we are storming forward!

20200429224305_1.jpg

Edited by dennislauridsen

I'm baffled by how hard yet easy the league is.

Compared to the goalscoring figures I'd reach on previous editions, this side is a really lowscoring side. (No players above 10 goals in like, 34 games.) And yet, I'm semi-comfortably sitting in second.

I feel that Serie A is a madness kn the first season for non-worldclass strikers. As soon as the ball drops to me in the penalty area, the opponent consistently has 8 plahers singled around it, it's mad.

Also Ronaldo is on an absolute madness. What a player. If it weren't for him, Juve wouldn't even have half their production.

2 minutes ago, RVP32 said:

Compared to the goalscoring figures I'd reach on previous editions, this side is a really lowscoring side. (No players above 10 goals in like, 34 games.) And yet, I'm semi-comfortably sitting in second.

Not quite as high scoring as old editions but I've found target man type strikers (though not played as a target man) are pretty high scoring in this one. Had around a goal a game out of both Inglese and Petagna in different formations.

Personally I've had far less joy out of faster and more technical strikers than previously though.

Hi everyone. Followed this for a while now and hoping for some advice on teams. Growing up with an Italian family, ive absolutely loved following the league over the years. I’m very much Fiorentina inclined (after Celtic) and always have a save with them and have recently started one up again following the update.

However, I decided to try a save with a random Italian team and got Siena. Absolutely loved the save with them but like some have experienced before, the board and their restrictions made me leave the save.

I’m thinking of a save with Pescara or Empoli. Anyone done either of these teams?

While we’re on lockdown also, I’ll most likely start another Serie A team but always feel a bit wrong going anyone but Fiorentina. Want a team to enjoy short term but not having it all my own way - just to get my appetite back for a save in Serie B

Huge post for my first... sorry😂

3 hours ago, shaunb96 said:

Hi everyone. Followed this for a while now and hoping for some advice on teams. Growing up with an Italian family, ive absolutely loved following the league over the years. I’m very much Fiorentina inclined (after Celtic) and always have a save with them and have recently started one up again following the update.

However, I decided to try a save with a random Italian team and got Siena. Absolutely loved the save with them but like some have experienced before, the board and their restrictions made me leave the save.

I’m thinking of a save with Pescara or Empoli. Anyone done either of these teams?

While we’re on lockdown also, I’ll most likely start another Serie A team but always feel a bit wrong going anyone but Fiorentina. Want a team to enjoy short term but not having it all my own way - just to get my appetite back for a save in Serie B

Huge post for my first... sorry😂

Welcome, Shaun!

@john1 did a season with Pescara before moving to Atlanta. In this thread, so far nobody have done Siena nor Empoli. So, should be interesting.

You could always go for either Serie B teams before moving to Fiorentina in your save some seasons later, though you will miss out managing Chiesa and Castrovilli most likely :D

Looking forward to what you decide next.

On 29/04/2020 at 00:05, quee said:

u5XqLyF.png

s4lTjPP.png

So, 3 months later, on the day Buffon completed his Continental A license, he gained +18 points in his coaching attributes!

+1 to Att, Fit, Tac, Tech, Handling, Shot Stopping, JPA, JPP, and Tactical Knowledge = +9 points

+2 to Mental, Motivating, and GK Distribution = +6 points

+3 to Defending = total +18 points!

Buffon is now 4.5* coach in Possession-Tactical (his best category), and both GK categories. I made the correct choice in not appointing him as just a GK coach, as his best category is the hardest for me to fill.

I saved and load the overwrite backup file and go all the way to the day before he completed that course. It was still the same as the one I posted in January. So attributes gained didn't happened over a period of time, everything just jumped up on the day they completed their course.

I would say it is worth it to send them on a coaching course, and I'm not sure they would miss out on coaching the players during this time?

Regardless, it helps to have at least 2 person in each training category as it would cover them, though I do doubt it as I wouldn't see players improvement in my first season as a few of my coaches were doing their courses.

This Coach Buffon made up for missing him that one more year as player - only ever slightly :D

Edit: I'm thinking either to delay sending him to do his Pro License until the day after our last match of the season (just to see the effect it has on training) or do what I've been doing so far, continuously (his gains and improvements have been absolutely amazing this way). Hmm, will decide in a bit.

Edited by quee

In the end we did not do enough to stay in the League. It wasn't even a close range as the table would suggest as we won some games in the last stages when teams where already thinking of vacation. Oh, I guess this is the end for me in Italy.

Serie-A-TIM_-Profile9bb450c0b266dc1f.png

3 hours ago, quee said:

s4lTjPP.png

So, 3 months later, on the day Buffon completed his Continental A license, he gained +18 points in his coaching attributes!

+1 to Att, Fit, Tac, Tech, Handling, Shot Stopping, JPA, JPP, and Tactical Knowledge = +9 points

Buffon is now 4.5* coach in Possession-Tactical (his best category), and both GK categories. I made the correct choice in not appointing him as just a GK coach, as his best category is the hardest for me to fill.

I saved and load the overwrite backup file and go all the way to the day before he completed that course. It was still the same as the one I posted in January. So attributes gained didn't happened over a period of time, everything just jumped up on the day they completed their course.

I would say it is worth it to send them on a coaching course, and I'm not sure they would miss out on coaching the players during this time?

Regardless, it helps to have at least 2 person in each training category as it would cover them, though I do doubt it as I wouldn't see players improvement in my first season as a few of my coaches were doing their courses.

This Coach Buffon made up for missing him that one more year as player - only ever slightly :D

Edit: I'm thinking either to delay sending him to do his Pro License until the day after our last match of the season (just to see the effect it has on training) or do what I've been doing so far, continuously (his gains and improvements have been absolutely amazing this way). Hmm, will decide in a bit.

that's a quick development lol.

4 hours ago, quee said:

s4lTjPP.png

Damn lucky he's improved so immensely!!

9e6e34b03ab94a286d289e4677abe1a7.png  

I got him for my club as well but utterly **** :(:( he's currently studying for National A licence.

Edited by john1