[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

That is a good number of goals from DM. But I'm only seeing 1 DM instead of 2, @Rober82?

Even in the latest update, I feel DM is the safest position in terms of getting decent and consistent ratings - as long as they see the ball enough and do some bits of defensive work.

Adding an AMC into my backup tactics would be interesting as I go along the save, just to see some variety.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, quee said:

That is a good number of goals from DM. But I'm only seeing 1 DM instead of 2, @Rober82?

Even in the latest update, I feel DM is the safest position in terms of getting decent and consistent ratings - as long as they see the ball enough and do some bits of defensive work.

Adding an AMC into my backup tactics would be interesting as I go along the save, just to see some variety.

I think you misunderstood me. :)
Before  20.4 DMs were needed. Then 20.4 came, and now AMs are working best. As shown on screen shot :)

11 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

The best tactics we tested involved 2 dmcs in front of the back four

Was referring to this, mate.

Edit: Ah, okay. I get it now, that screenshot is showing the AMC post 20.4 instead of pre-20.4.

Sorry about that.

Edited by quee

1 minute ago, quee said:

Was referring to this, mate.

Edit: Ah, okay. I get it now, that screenshot is showing the AMC post 20.4 instead of pre-20.4.

Sorry about that.

Yes, to show that AMC attack works. NP Mate :) I was a bit unclear, it's getting late :D

5 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Then 20.4 came, and now AMs are working best.

This is interesting for you to say, as from most of the threads I've read so far, rarely I'm seeing an AMC used. But definitely need to try an AMC sometimes just to see for myself.

How is your Foggia save going?

10 minutes ago, quee said:

How is your Foggia save going?

I test tactics for someone, and the best atm is probably 3 versions of that setup you saw on the pic. And a normal 442. As well as a asymmetrical thing with one amc.

Sadly there has been no time for Foggia, although we are in the lead playing crazy gung ho football after half a season. I might need a new team next season though, not much to bring along sadly.

We made a training guide that got wild, and ended up going viral, and I'm testing other aspects of the game and a few tactics as well.
This comes before fun I'm sorry to say.

I do love reading this thread though, and I can tell you i dream of Foggia at night :D

Maybe I can get some time this weekend.

3 hours ago, quee said:

Maybe the Atlanta boys can let us know how their AMC is doing, since @turgi is using one for his save still.

He did say he was going to update us how the trident was working before, but haven't heard about it since :D

I'm not sure, the numbers of my AMC are fine but they always take all the set pieces.

do agree that the AMC is lost between the MCs and the strikers. 

As for what role I used my AMC as, it changes a lot, because they not performing great I keep changing it.

At the moment it's AM-A

I really enjoying this Lazio save, and love fm but goalkeeper ratings are really frustrating the hell out of me :lol:.

Strakosha has played all 7 league games, with 6 clean sheets only conceding 1 goal, yet his average rating is 6.76.

Look around other leagues and games in them leagues. Couple of examples for you of the AI keepers.

Man Utd beat Everton 1-0, Everton have 1 shot on target, De Gea gets a 7.7 and man of the match.

Valencia beat Girona 1-0, Girona have 3 shot on target, Cillessen gets a 8.0 and man of the match.

A similar example for one of my games, we beat Fiorentina 2-0, they have 4 shots on target, Strakosha gets a 6.9.

It's only a minor thing but it is something they really need to sort out. Anyway small rant over. We have had a great start in the league this season so I'm very confident, champs league has been a strange one, will update more after few more games.

252.png?lm=1438591281

Genoa – 2021-22 to Matchday 17.

The last update saw us sitting 3rd in Serie A at the end of October, and with 3 wins out of 3 in the Europa League groups.

November:  The month began with our reverse Europa League fixture away to Olympiakos, which ended in a goalless draw that sees us very close to qualifying.  That was followed by an away trip to Roma, who handed us just our second defeat of the season – Patrick Schick scoring the game’s only goal 10 minutes into the second half.

We returned from the November international break with a match against Inter.  We were very poor, only getting one shot off in the whole game, but somehow managed to come away with a 0-0 draw.

We then qualified from our Europa League group with a game to spare. It was yet another 1-0 win, this time at home to Basel, with Biraschi scoring right on half-time.  The fully changed XI have really performed in those games, which has been keeping my ‘key’ players fresh for Serie A.

November ended with a trip to an unbeaten Juventus side, who sit comfortably top of the table.  We started the better, with Cassata netting the opener and Masiello making it 2-0 just after half time, but Juventus were so strong and came back with goals from Fischer and Higuain.  It felt like two points dropped but, in reality, a point at Juventus is a good point.

December:  Another away trip in the league, this time to Udinese.  An even match ended 1-1, with Kishna scoring our equaliser.  We then completed our Europa League campaign with a 1-1 draw at Hertha Berlin, which saw us top the group (which could be key when the draws are made).  Two first half goals in that game, with Torunarigha opening the scoring for Hertha and Traore levelling for us.

Our first home match in a while was an encounter with Fiorentina and an entertaining game.  Kishna set us on our way before one of our old boys, Kouame, equalised.  We looked to have grabbed the points with an 88th minute Sturaro goal but the impressive Pol Lirola struck back with an injury time goal to make it 2-2.

With no league wins in 5 games, and 1 in 8 in all competitions (though the fixture list wasn’t particularly kind) we really needed a win away to SPAL.  I felt some change was needed, so moved Caleta-Car, Cicaldau and Favilli into my stronger XI, with El Yamiq, Lerager and Pinamonti making way.  The change seemed to pay off, with Caleta-Car and Favilli scoring the goals in a 2-0 win – cue smug manager on the touchline!!!! :cool:

The year ended with a home match against Verona and a comfortable 3-0 win, with Traore, Cataldi and Favilli on the scoresheet.

cpnXs20.jpg

We end the year in 4th place, 8 points behind an unbeaten Juventus but still ahead of expectations. We have a bye to the second knockout round in Europe and a home cup tie against Sampdoria to look forward to in the new year.

13 hours ago, quee said:

How is Tomiyasu for both of you guys so far, @WilsonJuve @Kaiduss? RB or CB?

RB although I did try him as a Libero in a 3 atb formation as well. Scrapped that idea. He's had an okay preseason and got injured 10 minutes into the 1st game of the Serie A season. Came back in 7th gameweek and had an assist. That's about it, I haven't played any games since Wednesday

8 hours ago, Rober82 said:

Then 20.4 came, and now AMs are working best.

Hey, was just wondering if you could add a little context to that? For example, I've only really had results from AM's in this FM when;

• removing CM positions, using DMs instead.
  • utilising multiple AMs.
  • using asymmetric lone striker options. 

All of these options (except maybe the DMs) are undesirable to me really so I was just wondering if you're saying that in their current state AMs are working without conditions like these?

11 hours ago, quee said:

Welcome! :D

Can't say regarding Millico or Raspadori as I'm only 3 seasons in, but Millico seems to be more on the right trajectory in my save.

Torino have a good team, headline by a great striker. Sassuolo have a more key group of players (Locatelli, Berardi, Boga) and a generally younger team. Personally I would go for Sassuolo as they do play nice football in real life. Depends on what you want from the save, though.

Also, whilst Raspadori is an exciting talent, I think Traore is the bigger talent and have something more to offer straight away and in the long-term.

Let us know what you will decide! Looking forward to your updates!

I flipped a coin for it, and Sassuolo won! I think them having a young squad with potential and not as much as history as Torino (the 40s were amazing time for them as a club) probably would have swayed me eventually!

After spending some time flicking through the squad I have highlighted a few players who I want to get in or around the first team this season and hopefully build a continence of home grown players alongside Berardi. Raspadori, Tripaldelli and Russo are those currently at the club hoping to get into the first team, with Adjapong and Frattesi out on loan this season. Let's hope I can keep hold of them before the big clubs some swooping!

Formation wise, a gegenpress 4-3-3 DM has worked well for me before and for now I want to stick with this. I am tempted by a 3 cb formation, but not for a little while... at least not until I can assess the whole squad. There are quite a few good cb's at the club so I might end up doing this sooner rather than later before Romagna and Chiriches leave the club at the end of season. 

First transfer window closed, but with the club in good financial health, maybe a little bit of money could be spent in January. No transfer targets as of yet, I will see how pre-season goes before ear marking any replacements. 

Time to start gutting the staff numbers!!

14 hours ago, quee said:

How is Tomiyasu for both of you guys so far, @WilsonJuve @Kaiduss? RB or CB?

Playing inverted wing back with an average rating of 7.26 after 8 games. Sansone and Barrow have been the stars so far both topping the Serie A scoring charts with 5 goals a piece afer 7 games alongside Higuain.

34 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

All of these options (except maybe the DMs) are undesirable to me really so I was just wondering if you're saying that in their current state AMs are working without conditions like these?

What seems to be working best is 2 AMC on attack behind a Advanced forward, so you are in part correct. I have however seen this work with both a DMC and AMC, so I don't think you need a DMC. The best tactic atm has a MC and the above.

More so the wingers seem to be needed in MR/ML positions to avoid to much space in front of your fullbacks.

Right now I am testing the below, which seems to work.

It is however a test, and using instant result. Playing might be less effective.

Present test:

2020-05-07 (38).png

2020-05-08 (3).png

Edited by Rober82

Aha so that is nobody in the CM positions, and I'm assuming the wide men are wingers on attack? W(a) in the midfield strata has been incredible this year (op as hell imo).

edit - thanks!

Edited by Stackalee

2 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Aha so that is nobody in the CM positions, and I'm assuming the wide men are wingers on attack? W(a) in the midfield strata has been incredible this year (op as hell imo).

edit - thanks!

I pressed a little early, edited the post to add more :)

Cheers again, I notice though that James Madison is the AM there. He's really good on set plays and they are imo one of the best ways to create chances in this year's game - have you checked over the matches to see if his rating is coming from this or done similar tests with somebody who will gain rating primarily from open play?

5 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Cheers again, I notice though that James Madison is the AM there. He's really good on set plays and they are imo one of the best ways to create chances in this year's game - have you checked over the matches to see if his rating is coming from this or done similar tests with somebody who will gain rating primarily from open play?

For testing I need to watch some games. So yeah he plays the strikers trough, or dribbles and shoots. On this test one PF is set to man mark AI dlp cutting of play from the back.
As this ME is gegenpresssing, this seems to work very well. So when they lose the ball, he is in a ideal place to get it and play the strikers trough.

This is also currently being tested in league 2, so we will see what it brings.

But yeah, AMCs really work. If you are unsure I have some you can try.

Nah that's cool thanks, I'd rather work on getting them going myself. Just interested in your ideas as you said they are powerful in this ME.

Would be interested in seeing the performances of an AMC who isn't on set piece duty though and your lower league test - I don't know if you have a thread or something somewhere that you update with this stuff but it would be interesting to hear more about it.

3 hours ago, Fraser said:

cue smug manager on the touchline!!!! 

Loved this :lol:

3 hours ago, Fraser said:

We have a bye to the second knockout round in Europe

How come?

2 hours ago, FMbeginner said:

First transfer window closed, but with the club in good financial health, maybe a little bit of money could be spent in January. No transfer targets as of yet, I will see how pre-season goes before ear marking any replacements. 

Will Traore be part of your squad going forward?

3 hours ago, Kaiduss said:

RB although I did try him as a Libero in a 3 atb formation as well. Scrapped that idea. He's had an okay preseason and got injured 10 minutes into the 1st game of the Serie A season. Came back in 7th gameweek and had an assist. That's about it, I haven't played any games since Wednesday

1 hour ago, WilsonJuve said:

Playing inverted wing back with an average rating of 7.26 after 8 games. Sansone and Barrow have been the stars so far both topping the Serie A scoring charts with 5 goals a piece afer 7 games alongside Higuain.

Will be good to see the comparison in his development and performance after a full season.

58 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

I can't I'm afraid. It's on another site, named the same as one of your staff roles.

No worries, mate :D

44 minutes ago, quee said:

Will be good to see the comparison in his development and performance after a full season.

No worries, mate :D

Yeah Im actually at the january transfer window and things have went much better than expected so far. I do however have 1 dream transfer that can potentially go through but might not be wise considering I need another ST option and this player cannot play there.

January 2022

Departures:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4ae4d5fffc5db404c2bc4414c6dec36f.png

Had a fight with Gomez, Toloi and Freuler, all three barely played.

Boca kinda did me a favor because Gomez just signed a new contract in the summer and was the highest earner.

Arrivals:

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a373168d83a9f6efca3d85474221493d.png

Torreira came to add some depth in the midfield.

As for the wing backs, I started the season with one left wing back (Ait-Nouri) one right wing back (Hateboer) and one who can play both (Castagne).

I wanted to get another player for the left, Plattenhardt is a decent player who came for a back up.

A day after he signed, Hateboer got injured for 3 months.

Two days later, Castagne got injured for 3 months.

Therefore, I had to buy a right wing back and settled on Klostermann for pretty cheap.

The league is very close, Zapata is declining so I don't score as much as last year so it makes most games close and intense.

Also won the Supercopa vs Lazio, playing cup semi final vs Roma and first champions league knock out round vs Atletico.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e0dae7393afd27c5e722ed1c9558de66.png

13 minutes ago, turgi said:

Torreira came to add some depth in the midfield.

That's a good signing for a player that is familiar with Serie A. Surely he will be starting though?

45 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Yeah Im actually at the january transfer window and things have went much better than expected so far. I do however have 1 dream transfer that can potentially go through but might not be wise considering I need another ST option and this player cannot play there.

Liking the hints, that means we will just have to wait and see who it is in your next updates :D

12 minutes ago, quee said:

That's a good signing for a player that is familiar with Serie A. Surely he will be starting though?

I have Tonali and Gagliardini, he'll have to share the minutes on the field.

Also, made a table to show comparison between seasons and found something interesting:

image.thumb.png.0c983a12a635c0a6f9bbe9f789730a51.png

Edited by turgi

1 minute ago, WilsonJuve said:

Sounds like your building quite the squad.

Gagliardini was listed, paid 17.5 million and he was happy to come back home.

Tonali had a relegation clause of 47 million.

1 minute ago, turgi said:

Gagliardini was listed, paid 17.5 million and he was happy to come back home.

How is Gagliardini in the game?

Some of the more avid-Inter fans on this forum don't rate him at all irl.

Can't say I been paying attention to him in the game.

2 minutes ago, quee said:

Can't say I been paying attention to him in the game.

Previous season he played the box to box so his numbers were higher, this year he is mainly BWM but still happy with his performances.

51 minutes ago, quee said:

He has been loaned more than half of his career. Can imagine that that does impact people rating him. It makes me wonder how good he really is then. 

Anyone understand what impact the value of a player?

There is a big drop with some of my players and I don't understand why.

Gollini is one of the best keepers in the league and dropped for nearly 30 in the summer to 6.

image.thumb.png.6823a4fd8dd5cb1c57efe094b6e62f56.png

I think keepers tend to suffer a bit because their average ratings are relatively low? That does sound like an extraordinary drop off though - I see he is under contract for a good while too, is that a recent new deal or existing?

Edit - only other thing I can think of is did you win any trophies last season? These tend to have a huge impact on player values and I think this drops away a fair bit.

Edited by Stackalee

I don't know if that will be the cause as that sounds like a huge drop off, but fairly swiftly after winning trophies is the best time to look to cash in on players in my experience. Might be worth seeing what happens to his value when the current season winds down.

2 minutes ago, turgi said:

I won the league in the past two years.

Pretty sure he won awards in both seasons.

I was going to cash in him and let that young keeper play.

That is strange indeed. At the start of my game he is worth more than he is in yours.

33 minutes ago, turgi said:

Anyone understand what impact the value of a player?

There is a big drop with some of my players and I don't understand why.

Gollini is one of the best keepers in the league and dropped for nearly 30 in the summer to 6.

image.thumb.png.6823a4fd8dd5cb1c57efe094b6e62f56.png

I've been complaining about this for a few editions of the game now. Find someone like him in Germany or Spain and I bet he's valued like 5x that.

1 minute ago, Stackalee said:

Is this from the beginning of the game or during longer term saves?

I don't notice it until I get to Serie A in a few years and actually get players with value. But it seems really drastic.

15 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

I wondered if it may relate to Italian clubs performing poorly in Europe and the overall status of the league dropping? I don't know if league status over time is something that can be viewed.

I don't think it could be attributed to that stark of a drop off, besides Italy just won the Euro in my game, which would normally see an overvaluing of players from that nation, you would think.

4 hours ago, quee said:

Will Traore be part of your squad going forward?

He will be. He has decent stats and is highly rated by the staff at the club, plus he is moving to the club permanently for 13mil or so. He will be in or around the first team from the off.

Trying Raspadori out on the left wing for now as Defrel & Caputo fight for the role as the main striker. I will probably put Raspadori up front after a season or two.

Edited by FMbeginner

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

He has been loaned more than half of his career. Can imagine that that does impact people rating him. It makes me wonder how good he really is then. 

Firs season with Inter and Gagliardini fall behind to third in the rotation options. Playing with 3 at the middle (Brozovic, Barella, Eriksen), first substitute Sensi, second Mattia Viviani (bough from Brescia). Hopefully we can ship him in the summer to China for 15-20 mil., to follow Vecino's footsteps.

AC MILAN: Season 3 Preview

After missing out on Serie A by one point against city rivals Inter, and a generous £62m transfer budget I knew I had a very good opportunity to go on and strengthen the team to mount another challenge and progress further than the group stages of the Champions League.

Transfers:

Outgoing

RB - Calabria - CSKA Moscow - £10.25m (Third string RB, had to go).

LB - Rodriguez - CSKA Moscow - Free (Out on contract and wanted to double his money to stay)

AM - Suso - Sevilla - £19m (FUMING about this one, rated at £52m but had an option clause in his loan deal)

RB - Hateboer - Chelsea - £45m (Starting right back but signed him for £11m and have Conti)

Incoming

With the outgoings taken into account the only real need I had was backups and both fullback positions...

LB - Balde - Barcelona - £5.25m (18 years old, four star potential and transfer listed. Worth a gamble)

RB - Celik- Inter- £8.5m (Transfer listed and signed from Inter, will be good competition for Conti)

CM - Camavinga - Rennes - £36m (Delighted with this, been tracking him for a while after managing him at Rennes previously, he was unhappy so I put in a cheeky bid)

CM - Joaquim- FC Porto - £1m (A promising youngster, just had to pay the compensation fee)

CM - Sanchez - Lille - £36m (A luxury signing, saw he was unhappy at Lille and although I didn’t need him, when i saw his attributes I wanted him, plus he’s a natural Mezzala which suits my system well. A definite upgrade to our midfield and his description is “world class midfielder” so looks like I got a bargain).

Camavinga will rotate and develop behind Bennacer whilst Sanches will go straight into the starting line up, allowing me to move Van de Beek into the AMC slot.

3353BE31-F815-4493-B612-A90601EE8A6F.jpeg

84A1C45F-E9D3-451F-835E-D79A8646A00F.jpeg

31F76B9E-F9B7-412C-947F-8F464ABC1BB7.jpeg

6E61E43C-793A-4CDE-BC1F-D8DC27E49216.jpeg

Edited by Matt_1979

It looks like my Roma journey has come to an end. While getting knocked out of the Italian Cup by the hands of Juve in the quarter finals, I retained my Serie A title and won the Champion's League (!) first time of asking. I also won the World Teams Championship shortly after. Having won the Italian Cup last season, I already won basically all there is.

Then there is the squad. I got in Oblak on a free and managed to snipe Chiesa from Fiorentina for 35 million while Perrotti left on a free. I also sold away Lamela again cause he barely played and when eh did, he was just disappointing, At the start of the season, I had doubts about Pellegri, having scored only 12 goals last season. But boy, did he turn it up.

1870528948_Pellegrigoals.thumb.jpg.bafd06337989bf37d39d7fb440effa96.jpg

This lad has been absolutely out of this world, his best goalscoring form coming through late in the season, scoring braces and hattricks left, right and centre. He left me no choice but to pay up the 21 million in his loan contract to get him in permanently.

SO yeah, I'll be taking a short break to reflect on this and think it all over before continuing. It has definitely been a wild ride up until here.

Not too much has happened yet in my Fiorentina career.

Signed a couple model citizien coaches but without transfers it was pretty quiet. Mostly setting up the preseason.

I did however have a pretty terrible preseason.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.81ff60023c1d4dd65878c674e7ee1e98.png

Unbenannt.thumb.png.561a182e7fee6e8b8edce5b14191a7c3.png

Then one of the most surprising games I have ever seen so this season should be interesting^^

Unbenannt.thumb.png.eebae037770733b3264c08b015f806d4.png