[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

20 minutes ago, quee said:

Unfortunately, don't understand the language :lol:

But from the formation alone, it looks alright, with enough supporting role. Maybe you can change them into an Attacking role, especially the WBs, when at home and against smaller/equal sides? Atlanta's weapons are the 3 WBs (+ Hataboer on the bench) and are dependent on the creative output from Gomez and Ilicic.

Aren't you italian? I thought you were :lol:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, oze07 said:

is this how your lining up in season 2? what role you have zaniolo?

I'm using him as an Inside Forward (A), he scores a lot! First season I used him as an Attacking Midfielder (A), he had a very good season but for me he's more prolific playing on the side of the pitch.

1 minute ago, LucasBR said:

I'm using him as an Inside Forward (A), he scores a lot! First season I used him as an Attacking Midfielder (A), he had a very good season but for me he's more prolific playing on the side of the pitch.

Just like Kulusevski's role then :brock:

Similar profile as well, left-footed, physical presence, and technical ability.

Just now, quee said:

I almost got Kulusevski here but I bought Hlozek from Sparta and he's been amazing.

im torn now between roma and Atalanta? I have a soft spot for roma since the holy trinity days and they have zaniolo! but Atalanta play a different formation to most which I like, and they are an attractive side. 

1 minute ago, oze07 said:

im torn now between roma and Atalanta? I have a soft spot for roma since the holy trinity days and they have zaniolo! but Atalanta play a different formation to most which I like, and they are an attractive side. 

Just give it a go for a season. You will learn more as you go along. Remember, it is you playing the game :D

40 minutes ago, oze07 said:

is this how your lining up in season 2? what role you have zaniolo?

I'm playing him as left central midfielder on CM(A) role. I don't like cutting in wingers this edition cause non-world class strikers tend to not get involved with wingers like that.

He gets some important goals but I there's also plenty matches where I don't like his performance so I'm thinking of tweaking it but a mezzala doesn't work in my formation and the Advanced Playmaker role hasn't been good/efficient in years now.

15 minutes ago, RVP32 said:

I'm playing him as left central midfielder on CM(A) role. I don't like cutting in wingers this edition cause non-world class strikers tend to not get involved with wingers like that.

He gets some important goals but I there's also plenty matches where I don't like his performance so I'm thinking of tweaking it but a mezzala doesn't work in my formation and the Advanced Playmaker role hasn't been good/efficient in years now.

may I see your formation please? im gonna decide after dinner on either roma or Atalanta?

Il y a 2 heures, RVP32 a dit :

Yeah, I sold Santon at the beginning. On the right side, I had Zappacosta and Spinazzola already with Florenzi returning on loan for next season and I don't like inverted footed backs so I sold him and got in a left footed leftback.

I played a 4-3-3 with wingbacks, a DM and 2 wingers. I won the Serie A with like 4 or 5 points ahead of Juve, won the Euro League (Even though I got lucky in the semi finals on away goals) and won the Italian Cup so it definitely helped in getting my players' value up for them to be sold for good money.

Did you begin with the season only Zappacosta, Spinazzola and Kolarov ? I cant find a good LB for rotation

Edited by Akustik

3 hours ago, quee said:

Thank you! :D

Forgive me for any grammatical errors, still tired from the late night :lol: Will try to fix them later or tomorrow.

For Tomiyasu, it is a bit of conundrum actually. His description is centre-back, but when played there he is not dominant. When played at RB, he is solid but unspectacular, not offering much going forward - despite having 'Curls Ball' as his PPM (Was expecting Beckham-like crosses all day, tbh :lol:).

It may well be that he is just settling in. Hopefully the Dortmund's related-interest won't unsettled him any further. (Norwich's Farke was a former Dortmund Coach as well)

What a season. Unlucky in the cup but finishing 2nd in the league is amazing. I can see a scudetto coming your way! 

2 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

What a season. Unlucky in the cup but finishing 2nd in the league is amazing. I can see a scudetto coming your way! 

I'm not sure Season 4 will be the season for the Scudetto coming to Parma, tbh.

As I'm losing potentially 10 players this summer (4 to retirements, 3 regular starters on-loan players, 1 for contract expiring, 1 confirmed will be sold, 1 out of contract player is undecided), my squad could be in a reshuffle and transition - depending on what I'm going to do transfer wise. Do I buy 1 expensive, quality player like last summer? It was not a resounding success, individual-wise, but doubts on the strategy? Or do I try to build the squad back up again?

Whilst most of those players were backups or squad players, Radu and Martinelli were important players for the first team. Can I risk going full season without enough squad players?

In the first team, only one position is without a certainty - in fact, no player at all that is natural in the position. The LW. Karamoh and Adorante can play there but they haven't impress in the position when given the chance. My first choice would be Talles Magno here, do I have a chance? Unlikely. Martinelli back on-loan would be great, but again - unlikely.

So, I haven't progress a day since the final day of the season. I've been deliberating what is the best way forward here , this is why I hate transfer windows - it delayed me playing the game :lol:

1 minute ago, quee said:

I'm not sure Season 4 will be the season for the Scudetto coming to Parma, tbh.

As I'm losing potentially 10 players this summer (4 to retirements, 3 regular starters on-loan players, 1 for contract expiring, 1 confirmed will be sold, 1 out of contract player is undecided), my squad could be in a reshuffle and transition - depending on what I'm going to do transfer wise. Do I buy 1 expensive, quality player like last summer? It was not a resounding success, individual-wise, but doubts on the strategy? Or do I try to build the squad back up again?

Whilst most of those players were backups or squad players, Radu and Martinelli were important players for the first team. Can I risk going full season without enough squad players?

In the first team, only one position is without a certainty - in fact, no player at all that is natural in the position. The LW. Karamoh and Adorante can play there but they haven't impress in the position when given the chance. My first choice would be Talles Magno here, do I have a chance? Unlikely. Martinelli back on-loan would be great, but again - unlikely.

So, I haven't progress a day since the final day of the season. I've been deliberating what is the best way forward here , this is why I hate transfer windows - it delayed me playing the game :lol:

Yeah I have been there before. Doubting every move your thinking of making and trying to rebuild the correct way. Then whatever you do decide you always wonder halfway through the season if it was the right decision.

1 minute ago, WilsonJuve said:

Yeah I have been there before. Doubting every move your thinking of making and trying to rebuild the correct way. Then whatever you do decide you always wonder halfway through the season if it was the right decision.

I've delayed getting some of my targeted players so far - (lots have moved of course), but luckily some haven't move and are obtainable this season. If I go for just one expensive players, all those targets might be gone by the summers-end. And the fact of non-EU consideration as well (Talles Magno and this one defender I want to get are both non-EUs).

I think for Talles Magno, it is a case that if he make his next move in the summer, that's it - he will be unreachable after this. Just like I have given up on Chiesa after Fiorentina > Inter > Chelsea already in 3 seasons :lol:

In terms of regrets, I did think I probably would have been better of going for Talles Magno first before his move to Porto. But Tomiyasu is a at-start of the game target, and might fill my Nakata's goals anyway.

On 04/05/2020 at 01:27, quee said:

63 now on the list, though we do lose 2 saves from @bendixkunert2 and @Muttley84 who ended theirs. But we gained 2 new players in @RaffiK6 and @Kaiduss. Lets hope those lost will be back in Italy again soon :D

Not so fast my friend - Not so fast my friend  Lee Corso

ACF Fiorentina 2.svg

ACF Fiorentina,[1][2] commonly referred to as Fiorentina [fjorenˈtiːna], is an Italian professional football club based in Florence, Tuscany. Founded by a merger in August 1926, and refounded in August 2002 following bankruptcy, Fiorentina have played at the top level of Italian football for the majority of their existence; only four clubs have played in more Serie A seasons.

Fiorentina has won two Italian Championships, in 1955–56 and again in 1968–69, as well as six Coppa Italia trophies and one Supercoppa Italiana. On the European stage, Fiorentina won the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1960–61 and lost the final one year later. They finished runners-up in the 1956–57 European Cup, losing against Real Madrid, and also came close to winning the 1989–90 UEFA Cup, finishing as runners-up against Juventus after losing the first leg in Turin and drawing in the second one in Avellino.

Fiorentina is one of the fifteen European teams that played the finals in all three major continental competitions: the Champions League (1956–1957, the first Italian team to reach the final in the top continental competition), the UEFA Cup Winners (1960–1961 and 1961–1962) and the UEFA Cup (1989–1990).

Since 1931, the club have played at the Stadio Artemio Franchi, which currently has a capacity of 43,147. The stadium has used several names over the years and has undergone several renovations. Fiorentina are known widely by the nickname Viola, a reference to their distinctive purple colours.

Soccer in Florence, Italy, 2007.jpg

Unbenannt.thumb.png.9a42527baeaeb21f5f21f1323546338c.pngUnbenannt.thumb.png.22f47b8e92e5eaf441a8c8331e7b4f16.pngUnbenannt.thumb.png.ce342e1178067b28f52951e350e1dd5b.png

6 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Guess Conte can learn a thing or two from Materazzi.

What a coincidence you'd say that on today of all days, the 18th anniversary of 5 maggio 2002  ;)

image.thumb.png.6af522769ee4da4b54e3ccb1982ad247.png image.thumb.png.1cfa6272e516c30992cd18497202b5f2.png

675313795_Screenshot2020-05-05at14_14_54.thumb.png.a81e55e71d23c2e252cc867b7d4d02f2.png

Season 1

I've been an avid reader on these forums for years, but I've never really posted much as I'm generally extremely busy.

Yesterday, I started a game with Empoli (primarily due to being in the lovely area of Tuscany) and quickly breezed through the first season with no real problems/obstacles on the way.

Ins:

Alexander Milosevic - Free - Backup was needed for the ageing Maietta and Nikolaou but he's now cemented himself as the best defender in the team.

Manuel Nicoletti - 120k from Catanzaro - Backup for Balkovec, young and Italian and a cheap buy what's there to say?

Vincenzo Milico - Season Loan - One of the most promising Italian in FM, needed backup for left wing and up front. 

Daniele Ragatzu - 425k from Cagliari - Signing purely due to a childhood memory, where my friend and I would buy him back in FM08/FM09 due to his name.

Outs:

Antonino Fradella - Loan to Arezzo

Luca Antonelli - 400k to PAOK - Needed to lower the wage bill, and given he was on 21.5k a week, I was delighted PAOK was willing to take him away.

Stefano Moreo - Loan in January to Thun

Whenever I start a game, I usually just fly through the first season without changing any specifically to my likening, so the tactic I created was a generic 4-1-2-2-1 gegenpress tactic with narrow wingers and wide full backs looking for overlaps.

2090378137_Screenshot2020-05-05at17_02_49.thumb.png.1c3c23969fd217876771c0d4affbfc7d.png

In the most interesting game of the season, this tactic surprised Juventus/Zebre and we managed to beat them in their own home in the cup.

1268099422_Screenshot2020-05-05at14_09_39.thumb.png.34fad398ac5369b7d46062532e01c1e9.png

Standouts throughout the season:

Andrea La Mantia - Goal machine. Happy to see a transfer was already agreed with his loan for 3.5m 

Leo Stulac - Budget Tonali. 10 assists from a defensive midfield position.

Jure Balkovec - You need an assist? You get an assist. Everybody gets an assist.

With 21 million incoming for pre-agreed transfers for Hamed Traore and La Gumina I'll see what I can come up with to avoid the drop from Serie A.

44 minutes ago, Micks112 said:

Yesterday, I started a game with Empoli (primarily due to being in the lovely area of Tuscany) and quickly breezed through the first season with no real problems/obstacles on the way.

Welcome! Good choice, I believe this is the first Empoli save in the thread :D

45 minutes ago, Micks112 said:

Whenever I start a game, I usually just fly through the first season without changing any specifically to my likening, so the tactic I created was a generic 4-1-2-2-1 gegenpress tactic with narrow wingers and wide full backs looking for overlaps.

I started with the same default tactic as you as well, hence why I'm using a Carrilero at the moment. I've leave the FBs as it were though, depending on the player it could be Defend on the right, Attack on the left, Support for in-between players. Same with the wingers, mainly in my first season it was IW-S on the RW, and IF-A on the LW. Switched it up in the 2nd season, hence the Kulusevski's 42 goals as a IF-A from the RW :D Haven't decided what is the best role for my LW now though.

In my 3rd season, I changed the B2B to RPM, though. Seeing more variety of assists from open play.

49 minutes ago, Micks112 said:

Leo Stulac - Budget Tonali. 10 assists from a defensive midfield position.

I loved this guy. Was super upset when Parma sold him last summer. I was looking forward to using him again in FM20. I made him Captain in FM19, and he was one of my project player for that save. His setpieces saved me a lot of time. I actually thought about bringing him back during the first season, but Hernani have been great for me, that I couldn't afford to get another one just for the sake of it.

Interesting save you have going! Looking forward to your next update, especially for Stulac! :D

55 minutes ago, Micks112 said:

With 21 million incoming for pre-agreed transfers for Hamed Traore and La Gumina I'll see what I can come up with to avoid the drop from Serie A.

Btw, will this be added to your budget?

I know for pre-agreed purchases it won't take it out of your current transfer budget, but I forgot if pre-agreed sales will be added to your existing budget as well.

1 hour ago, quee said:

Welcome! Good choice, I believe this is the first Empoli save in the thread :D

I started with the same default tactic as you as well, hence why I'm using a Carrilero at the moment. I've leave the FBs as it were though, depending on the player it could be Defend on the right, Attack on the left, Support for in-between players. Same with the wingers, mainly in my first season it was IW-S on the RW, and IF-A on the LW. Switched it up in the 2nd season, hence the Kulusevski's 42 goals as a IF-A from the RW :D Haven't decided what is the best role for my LW now though.

In my 3rd season, I changed the B2B to RPM, though. Seeing more variety of assists from open play.

I loved this guy. Was super upset when Parma sold him last summer. I was looking forward to using him again in FM20. I made him Captain in FM19, and he was one of my project player for that save. His setpieces saved me a lot of time. I actually thought about bringing him back during the first season, but Hernani have been great for me, that I couldn't afford to get another one just for the sake of it.

Interesting save you have going! Looking forward to your next update, especially for Stulac! :D

Thanks for the tips!

Just starting the pre-season now, the transfers haven't gone through yet (I'll let you know if it gets added) but I've gotten a budget of roughly 6.8m so I'll have to look for some freebies as there's quite a few loan signings that'll leave the club now.

Stulac was incredible, and I'm happy to see the fans agreed with my 'standout performers' :D

1305966649_Screenshot2020-05-05at21_10_39.thumb.png.f7281014d165798e4633abc9ec7ebd84.png

On 16/04/2020 at 17:44, quee said:

Trying to keep track of who's managing who in this thread since the beginning (who has posted at least an update here):

? = status unknown since last post/update

bold = active/still playing/just started/have recently made an update in April.

1. @themario - Milan
  2. @yellowforever - Inter?
  3. @Chris2509 - Brescia (status: save ended)
  4. @GunmaN1905 - Inter (twice) (I believed he has stopped playing FM20 now :D)
  5. @gandrasch - Inter?
  6. @jonathan44 - Bari?
  7. @Carlf788 - Perugia?
  8. @Maxuma - Venezia?
  9. @Daws88 - Roma?
  10. @n1mez - Was Roma, Was Milan, Parma currently (latest update in 2023)
  11. @alexdbaf - Roma?
  12. @Vokes - Brescia?
  13. @turgi - Was Milan, Atlanta, Catanzaro currently.
  14. @Rober82 - Was Lecce, Brescia, Foggia in Serie D (new)
  15. @Juventus - Juventus?
  16. @303jonas - Inter Milan?
  17. @DazBlade - Sassuolo?
  18. @Ronaldo Beckham - Was Cagliari, Parma currently (status: save ended).
  19. @CR#7 - Lazio (status: save ended)
  20. @joeys - Avellino?
  21. @FifaBing - Milan?
  22. @hbsssj - Milan?
  23. @lfc7 - Atlanta?
  24. @Firehouse - Perugia?
  25. @2481 - Parma?
  26. @Adzke - Was Juventus, Reggina currently (latest update 2020/2021)
  27. @Stu_UBJ - Pro Vercelli (status: save ended)
  28. @lblanc - Inter Milan (status: save ended)
  29. @WilsonJuve - Monza>Napoli>Chelsea>Juventus currently (in 2025)
  30. @john1 - Milan, Pescara>Atlanta currently (latest update 2021/2022)
  31. @LucasBR - Roma (currently in 4th season)
  32. @citylad20 - Roma?
  33. @Knox316 - Bologna currently.
  34. @XuluBak - Was Atlanta, Frosinone (status: save ended)
  35. @Cas46 - Roma? (last update 2029 in game)
  36. @quee - Parma (4 months) then restarted, currently Parma again (3rd season - End of Season 2021/2022)
  37. @dubby151 - Brescia?
  38. @Constantine - Modena? (previous update 2027)
  39. @CRN711 - Parma (latest update in 2024)
  40. @Matt_1979 - Was Torino, Milan currently (latest update in 2021)
  41. @Weston - Bari (latest update in 2024)
  42. @Vizzini - Milan (latest update in 2024/2025)
  43. @Eddie Boop - Lazio?
  44. @Mr_Demus - Chievo (sacked), Palermo currently (holidayed first season - currently at start of 2021/2022)
  45. @Muttley84 - Udinese (last update: save ended), Crotone (status: save ended - relegated 2020/2021), Inter currently (new)
  46. @Fraser - Genoa (latest update in 2021/2022 pre-season)
  47. @bendixkunert2 - Brescia (status: save crashed), Palermo (status: save ended - sacked 2021/2022), Fiorentina currently (new)
  48. @rafaelbenitez - Torino, Milan currently,
  49. @ajt - Catania
  50. @ParanoidBuddha - Juventus
  51. @DaaNMaaN - Liverpool>Lazio currently (joining in 2021)
  52. @sedge11 - Lazio (new) (latest update end of season 2 - 2020/2021)
  53. @RVP32 - Roma (new) (latest update November season 2)
  54. @dennislauridsen - Milan (new) (latest update season 2 - 2020/2021)
  55. @Sh0tee - Parma previously 2025-2032 (6 years journeyman save), Sampdoria currently (new)
  56. @oze07 - Roma or Atlanta (new)?
  57. @HiggyTMT - Parma (new) (save abandoned), Palermo currently
  58. @oakesypvfc - Roma (new)
  59. @Akustik - Milan (new) or Atlanta (new) or Roma (new)?
  60. @shaunb96 - Fiorentina, Pescara currently (new)
  61. @OlivierL - Palermo? (new)
  62. @RaffiK6 - Cagliari (new)
  63. @Kaiduss - Milan (one season only), Bologna currently (new)
  64. @Flash Gordon - Sampdoria (5 seasons in)
  65. @Micks112 - Empoli (latest update end of season 1)

So, around 35 players currently active. Interesting to see if some of the earlier players still playing in Italy or have moved on.

Special mentions for WilsonJuve, the only player continuing his career save by changing clubs so far. :D

Added #64 and #65, new saves for #45 and #47. 35 active players, and we welcomed back @Muttley84 and @bendixkunert2 :D

Edited by quee

35 minutes ago, turgi said:

thanks to the advise of some of you here I got back to atalanta, I miss these lads so much!

Are you restarting with a new save or continuing the old save?

Welcome back! Catanzaro is not a fun save for you then?

AC MILAN - Season 2: End of Season Review

Euro Cup Update

After a very disappointing Champions League group stage we found ourself in the Euro Cup and I was very confident that we could do well. Our first game saw us up against Spains Real San Sebastián and my former FM favourite, Martin Odegaard, who were in 4th place in La Liga. We won the first leg 3-0 at home so I was comfortable that, despite being without injured Leao and Hernandez, we could easily finish off the tie, however 2 early goals in the away leg for RSS and Jovetic being stretchered off on 20 minutes meant we were in for a nervy game. Luckily, new signing Vlahovic scored his 3rd Milan goal and Kessie tucked away a penalty to make it 2-2 and 5-2 on aggregate. Enzo Perez showed his experience and ability with a sterling performance at Half Back. 

We drew another Spanish in the next round, this time Sevilla. To add some more spice, they had our £50m rated winger Suso on loan and he was available to play against us. Learning from my Champions League tactical naivety I, again, employed Perez as a Half Back in the away leg and despite another great performance by the 35 year old Sevilla were dominant and we found ourselves 2-0 down. That was, until Lucas Paqueta, whose start to the second half of the season had been electric, scored a wondergoal to grab us a vital away goal in the 83rd minute. The return leg at the San Siro soon came around and we were on the front foot with Vlahovic narrowly heading over THREE times in the first ten minutes. Left back Hernandez gave us a 1-0 lead on 66 mins and we were able to hold out to go through to the quarter finals on away goals. 

The quarter final saw us drawn against a familiar foe in Napoli - one I was very confident we would win, and win we did as the first leg saw us put in a dominant performance and came out 4-0 winners thanks to two goals from Vlahovic and one each for Leao and Paqueta. The away leg wasn’t as spectacular and a solitary goal from Vlahovic made it 5-0 on aggregate and gave us a Semi Final tie against Fenerbache who put out Arsenal on away goals.  

Serie A - Defeat from the jaws of Victory

Chiesa, Chiesa, Chiesa. He always scores against me and this time he did it in the 86th minute to give Fiorentina a 2-1 lead which ended a thirteen game unbeaten run in the league. Luckily, Juventus could only draw with Verona so I maintained a 3 point lead at the top of the league.

Our lead at the top could’ve been extended but for a last minute Atalanta equaliser and Quintero missing a penalty which would be given us a late winner over Sassusulo

A real nail-biter saw Vlahovic and Donny van de Beek rescue a 3-2 in the last 5 minutes against Brescia in which Perez not only put in another MoM performance with a goal, assist and 5 key passes, but also strained knee ligaments which out him out for 7 weeks and meant he’d miss the Euro Cup semi-final vs Fenerbache.

Dutch youngster Van de Beek continued his scoring run in the next game as he bagged a hat trick in a 6-0 win over Sampdoria, in which we only had 39% possession. Take that tiki taka!!!  

A tough April saw us only take part in the Euro Cup quarter final against Napoli, but we also played this in the league as well as crucial games against Inter and Juventus, who were 2nd and 3rd in Serie A. Inter had put together an amazing run and game from nowhere to be challenging for the league, whereas both Juve and ourselves dropped points, probably due to also playing in European competition, which Inter didn’t so could focus entirely on the league. Going into the Juve game the table looked like this:

1st - AC Milan: Played 31, points 70

2nd - Inter: Played 32, points 70

3rd - Juventus: played 31, points 68.

With Ronaldo being suspended we were able to pull off a victory thanks to Van de Beek, Kessie and Quintero grabbing goals in a real end-to-end game. Higuain grabbed one back via a goal line scramble and we ended up 3-1 winner and now had a 5 point lead over Juve and a 3 point lead over Inter, who we played next. Having beat Inter 4-1 earlier in the season I was mildly confident, despite their upturn in form, and another wondergoal from Paqueta scraped us a 1-0 win to stretch our lead.

SURELY the Serie A title was mine!!!

Napoli’s revenge over our Euro Cup quarter-final came swiftly as they beat us 2-1. Our lead was now 2 points over Juventus.

NIGHTMARE MAY - With our eye on the Euro Cup semi-final against Fenerbache we slipped up as I made 9 changes to the starting line up against mid-table Palma. And WOW did they make us pay as they stormed to a 4-1 victory!! Not only that but Paqueta got injured and would be out for 4 months, missing the remainder of the season. We were now level on points with Inter with 3 games left.

Luckily I had 17th placed Verona next so could pick up an easy victory to reclaim my lead at the top! Wrong. Verona beat us 3-1!! We were now in THIRD, 2 points BEHIND Juve and 1 point behind Inter.

We narrowly scraped a 1-0 victory over lowly Benevento thanks to a Vlahovic penalty and found ourselves needing a win against Bologna whilst hoping Juve and Inter would slip up. 

Final Day Drama - Quintero scored a penalty to put us ahead and at Halt Time both Inter and Juve were losing so we were back at the top!! A sense of excitement was growing!

Vlahovic bagged another to make it 2-0 but the cheers were soon tears when Inter, were were losing 1-0 to Sassusolo scored two goals in 4 minutes to put them on top and give them the Serie A title, breaking Juve’s dominance and breaking AC Milan hearts.

After being top of the league for the the entire second half of the season we fell apart in the last few games due to fighting a war on two fronts and allowed bitter rivals Inter to grab the title from our grasp. GUTTED.

Euro-Cup Glory

The semi-final against Fenerbache was easier than I thought it would be. A 2-1 away leg saw us put them to the sword at the San Siro with a 4-1 victory putting us through 6-2 on aggregate.

We would face Tottenham in the final who beat Bayer Leverkusen in their semi-finals.

A scrappy game, in which we dominated, finished 0-0 and extra time lead to penalties.

Donnarumma was in top form and saved from both Kane and Alvarez to give us the Euro Cup via a 4-3 penalties win!!

Final Review and Reflections.

Apologies this has been a long one - it was a real rollercoaster end of the season and luckily the Euro Cup win slightly makes up for the disappointment of throwing away the league!

Although Leao wasn’t mentioned much he had a great season and scored 23 goals in all competitions.  

New signing Dusan Vlahovic was impressive and grabbed 13 goals in 26 games, whilst Franck Kessie again found himself in the thick of the action with 9 goals and 4 assists.

Speaking of assists, once again the fullbacks were the main providers with Hateboer and Hernandez combing to pick up 13 assists and Bennacer - who picked up the player of the year award - also weighed in with 7 assists and a 7.27 overall rating for the season.

The AMC slot is still an issue for me and I really need to find a way to make it work - which will be a main focus for this off-season. Each of Van de Beek, Paqueta and Quintero are very good options but I’m struggling to get many goals or assists from any of them as wither AM’s or AP’s.

Thanks chaps, will provide another update soon.

5CDEC956-DCE4-4697-874D-755B0943A5A7.jpeg

9313DE04-BDD1-4464-80E7-E4E16630D507.jpeg

55084253-19A7-4A75-ACFA-6BEE3C762AD7.jpeg

40667481-863C-457C-82CA-4933538BC342.jpeg

225px-Bologna_F.C._1909_logo.svg.png

Bologna F.C. 1909 - start of the journey, preaseason update

First transfer window - turned off. I wanted to give every Bologna player a chance to impress me and I don't think this squad was needed an overhaul.

1. Club vision

Spoiler

1486830131_CLUBCULTURE.thumb.png.47cc7d47c85b1588f880e573a55b6b8a.png

Board's requirements seem very reasonable. The only task I'm in two minds about is buying the stadium - I'm not sure how much of an impact this will have on my finances.

Personal goal is to finish in top half of the table this season and start fighting for the Europa League spot in 2020/21.

2. Tactics and a quick look at the squad

Spoiler

Gianmarco Cangiano, Federico Bonini, Marco Molla and Musa Juwara have spent the entire preseason with the senior team and have now been sent back to the reserves. All of them commited to long term contracts and will be crucial for the main team in near future. 

TACTICS.thumb.png.a1f1818a45aef2e2a8108e68127fd892.png

For my main tactic, I decided to go for the conventional 433 that uses some parts of the gegenpress strategy. The aim is to play attractive football in most games, with our inside forwards being the main threat. A different tactic will be implemented in tougher away fixtures, allowing Gary Medel to come into the team and lock the midfield down as a ball-winning defensive midfielder.

As you can see, there is great depth in each position apart from the left back spot which I will be looking to bolster in the winter transfer window.

3. Preseason results and a quick look at what's coming up.

Spoiler

SCHEDULE.thumb.png.9b245a06a579277cb1fd8dc6f6c0cdf3.png

In my opinion, the preseason was very fruitful and I'm satisfied with the results. As you can see, I scheduled friendlies against basically every type of the team and tried to adjust my tactics before every game. Two losses against much higher reputation teams were basically calculated as I was scheduling these games. I'm very satisfied with the team's performance in those games and I think both of them could have gone either way.

In my first competetive game, we absolutely steamrolled Livorno, conceding no shots and creating tons of chances. The 3:0 result was a minimum sentence for Livorno, which didn't prevent their manager from claiming that they could have won on another day.

23 hours ago, quee said:

How does your striker perform in terms of goalscoring figures with this? I love playing with Inside Forwards but I feel it gives a lot of trouble this edition if you like having a goalscoring striker.

1 hour ago, Matt_1979 said:

Final Day Drama

That was heart-breaking final day for you. Damn that Palma for starting the May's Nightmare! Kidding aside, your team is building up nicely, mate. It seems you know what to do and expect from each player already, apart from the AMC position you mentioned.

Also, how old is van de Beek now? Just surprised to see him referred as a youngster :D

Nice update, and looking forward for the next one!

35 minutes ago, Kaiduss said:

Nice first update and intro! Looking forward to what comes next. :D

I wonder how buying a stadium works? Never had that before.

I also liked you had set aside and hand-picked a group of youth players to be earmarked for future development. The fact I don't recognised them must have meant that their potential is not obvious outside of your club. I always did it as well, and in this save it was Palmucci, Adorante, Balogh who are all involved with the first team at the moment. Though, Adorante might be expected to be there as he was the Hot Prospect at Parma in the beginning.

9 minutes ago, RVP32 said:

How does your striker perform in terms of goalscoring figures with this? I love playing with Inside Forwards but I feel it gives a lot of trouble this edition if you like having a goalscoring striker.

Inglese had 27 in the 3rd season :D 13 and 17 before that.

I felt the addition of 'Move Into Channels' (in the 2nd season) helped improved his output massively, as he is involved a lot more in my games. They both make space for each other, and sometimes my LW benefited from the defence paying attention to them as my LW seemed to gain some space from it. Inglese still has his original 'Play with Back to Goal' as well, though.

26 minutes ago, quee said:

Inglese had 27 in the 3rd season :D 13 and 17 before that.

I felt the addition of 'Move Into Channels' (in the 2nd season) helped improved his output massively, as he is involved a lot more in my games. They both make space for each other, and sometimes my LW benefited from the defence paying attention to them as my LW seemed to gain some space from it. Inglese still has his original 'Play with Back to Goal' as well, though.

Hm, that's not too bad tbh. Currently experimenting with INverted Wingers but I'm not sure if they're able to reach the goalscoring amount of Inside Forwards. I like to not be dependent on my striker for goals but I also love myself a goalscoring striker. (Guess I'm a bit of a stats freak on that.)

Do you got your left winger as Inside Forward as well?

20 minutes ago, RVP32 said:

Do you got your left winger as Inside Forward as well?

As I stated in my previous updates and post, my LW is the one position I've not set my mind on.

I had Gervinho as first choice in season 1, Martinelli in season 2 and 3. Ideally I would like the role to be IW, so the IF-A at RW can be the main goal-threat.

But both Gervinho and Martinelli seemed to be more inclined as a IF player. So, I toyed with both, trying to find the best results.

In the end, in the 3rd season where Martinelli produced the best performance over the seasons, he was on as a IW-S. He still scored more goals than assists, though I assumed that is more to do with attributes spread than the role designed for him.

I've also selected center of the box as the crosses' target from both LW and RW (I left the FBs target as open) as I wanted Inglese to get at the end of those crosses more instead of to the typical far-post - where Inglese is very unlikely to be. Some of Inglese's goals had actually been a tap-in by running late to the near post from a low cross (random, not set), which I welcomed the variety of.

I'm actually looking for players who is more comfortable as IW than IF now for my 4th season's LW, to be the main creator between the front-3. I'm expecting Inglese to be the goalscorer, Kulusevski to be both the goalscorer and some-creator, and the LW to be main-creator, minor-scorer.

1 hour ago, quee said:
2 hours ago, Matt_1979 said:

That was heart-breaking final day for you. Damn that Palma for starting the May's Nightmare! Kidding aside, your team is building up nicely, mate. It seems you know what to do and expect from each player already, apart from the AMC position you mentioned.

Also, how old is van de Beek now? Just surprised to see him referred as a youngster :D

Haha I did think that when I was typing it. He’s now 24 so maybe just over the “youngster” threshold. 

4 hours ago, quee said:

Are you restarting with a new save or continuing the old save?

Welcome back! Catanzaro is not a fun save for you then?

Continuing the previous one.

Will post an update tomorrow.

AC Milan

Team Review and Next Steps:

I just wanted to talk through my team and see what we do next. Hopefully talking out loud can clear a path in my mind or you guys can give your opinions. 

Goalkeepers:
Well set here with Donnarumma on a 5 year deal. Should be an elite ‘keeper for that duration. 

Defenders:
I’m happy with the starting four of Hateboer, Lyanco, Romagnoli and Hernandez. Only 30 goals condescend in the league last season in 38 games. Sure, I could upgrade over Lyanco but I don’t really see the point. 

A few teams, including Chelsea are very keen on Hateboer and as I have Conti waiting in the wings I’d be willing to let him go should a serious bid come in. 

Rodriguez wasn’t offered a new contract and leaves on a free so I’ll need to source a replacement back up. Maybe a youngster. 

Midfielders:
I use four midfielders. My main midfield three is mostly made up of two Mezzalas on support and a DLP Defend and we have a player in the AMC slot which is being reviewed currently. 

The DLP, and fan’s player of the year, has been Ismael Bennacer. Ideally I’d play him in a more attacking role as I think he’s too talented to be stuck in a defensive role. 

The Mezzalas have mostly been Kessie (an absolute beast in terms of mentals and physical attributes) and Van de Beek (who I’ve chosen to play in a deeper role due to his immense work rate). 

My depth here is Krunic (very average) and Enzo Perez who is now 35 and declining so I think I need more depth and have my eye on a youngster who I’ve managed before and can fit in any of the two slots. Watch this space. 

The AMC role belongs to Lucas Paqueta but with on the condition that he has a great first half of the season. If not I’ll be looking elsewhere for production. He’s been played as a AM(s) and AP(s) so far but may experiment with an Enganche in that role. The back up is Quintero, he’s never done enough to claim the starters role and may see if I can cash in on him and give more of a back up role to Unuvar who is progressing nicely. 

Strikers:

Extremely happy with both my starters, Leao and Vlahovic, although Leao has a few teams sniffing around. Jovetic is an able back up, however Rebic has come to the end of his two year loan deal and goes back to Frankfurt so I may have to look for another backup, depending on how I feel young Colombo could do in Serie A. 

Transfer Budget:
The board gave me £62m to spend. I also thought I could nearly double that by selling Sosa, however, I was FUMING to find out his loan to Sevilla (agreed BEFORE I took the reigns) had a £19m optional fee attached) which they have just activated. 

A £52m rated player for £19m!!!! Aarrrggghhhh. 

The transfer window has just opened so let’s see what unfolds before pre-season commences...

Edited by Matt_1979

11 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Have you had much joy with any of the youngsters around Milan? I've seen Brescianini and Maldini come good in different saves, do they have anybody else of use?

After the first season in which he played for the U20s, I loaned Maldini to Parma where he has the "important player" status and wins "Best Young Player of the Month" on regular basis. Another youngster that has been doing well for me is Pecorino. Loaned out to Novara in Serie B where he scores when he wants and is a top goalscorer. Plizzari who starts the save on loan at Livorno is a great young goalkeeper. 

1 minute ago, Kaiduss said:

Another youngster that has been doing well for me is Pecorino. Loaned out to Novara in Serie B where he scores when he wants and is a top goalscorer.

Sounds pretty cheesy.

36 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Have you had much joy with any of the youngsters around Milan? I've seen Brescianini and Maldini come good in different saves, do they have anybody else of use?

Not yet. Unsure how Maldini will develop as I don’t use Wingers but Colombo and Brescianini might make the squad this season. 

Who choose beetween Gouiri, Pellegri, Millico and Raspadori at the beginning of the season ? I'm playing with FIRE AND WATER 4321 OX. Dzeko can do the job the first season but Kalinic is on loan

Edited by Akustik

6 hours ago, Kaiduss said:

225px-Bologna_F.C._1909_logo.svg.png

First transfer window - turned off. I wanted to give every Bologna player a chance to impress me and I don't think this squad was needed an overhaul.

Been looking at these myself. Was wanting to eventually build a team round Vignato when his loan finished. He turns into a right beast this year.

35 minutes ago, Akustik said:

Who choose beetween Gouiri, Pellegri, Millico and Raspadori at the beginning of the season ? I'm playing with FIRE AND WATER 4321 OX. Dzeko can do the job the first season but Kalinic is on loan

I can recommend Gouiri, I have him at Lazio, initially on loan for 18 months but now signed him permanently  . He hadn’t scored that many so far but is developing really well and is just getting better.

44 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Been looking at these myself. Was wanting to eventually build a team round Vignato when his loan finished. He turns into a right beast this year.

Do it! :D

Will that mean you stop your Juventus and Cesena saves then?

Someone at FMCU just started a Di Canio's save at Bari, so will be an interesting time for Italian saves's write-up.

Edited by quee

Just now, quee said:

Do it! :D

Will that mean you stopped your Juventus and Cesena saves then?

Someone at FMCU just started a Di Canio's save at Bari, so will be an interesting time for Italian saves's write-up.

Still going with my Cesena youth save but thats a project I feel is hard to update on. The Juventus one will be on the back burner for the time being. Finally getting there was great but I feel the club is still too big and high in stature and the rebuild would take a season or 2 then I would dominate. Its down to Bologna or Udinese. One thing that is making Udinese attractive though is the fact they have not won Serie A. Bologna have 7 top flight titles.

Just now, WilsonJuve said:

Still going with my Cesena youth save but thats a project I feel is hard to update on. The Juventus one will be on the back burner for the time being. Finally getting there was great but I feel the club is still too big and high in stature and the rebuild would take a season or 2 then I would dominate. Its down to Bologna or Udinese. One thing that is making Udinese attractive though is the fact they have not won Serie A. Bologna have 7 top flight titles.

Who would you build your Udinese's side around?

Kaiduss's Bologna is build around Tomiyasu he said, yours Vignato, will be interesting if you decided to go down that path.

2 minutes ago, quee said:

Who would you build your Udinese's side around?

Kaiduss's Bologna is build around Tomiyasu he said, yours Vignato, will be interesting if you decided to go down that path.

Gasparini would be the goalkeeper for the full save in my head. And Mandragora and Fofana could be a midfield duo for years to come. At Bolonga it would be Vignato and Dominguez.

4 hours ago, Matt_1979 said:

Sure, I could upgrade over Lyanco but I don’t really see the point. 

Agreed, buying all the best players everytime isn't fun for me. Having players like Lyanco who is more than an excellent defender is great to see. Same with Hataboer.

Definitely think the starting midfield are great already, an improvement on the back-ups who fit the team would be great.

Strikers are as good as you can get and I really liked both of them - especially Vlahovic (I had bought Leao in FM19 before), unless you're planning to shell out crazy money on FM's superstars.

Overall, I can see what you're trying to do with your team, instead of just buying everyone new from day 1. I liked it, can see a bit of planning and thoughts going into them.

2 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Mandragora

This would have been mine as well, love left-footed player! Only either-footed is better than a lefty :lol:

A shame there's no next Di Natale around, eh?

3 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Dominguez

Not Svanberg? :D