Sports Interactive Community
the_hdk

Newgen second nationalities (less than 10%)

As you can see in this image, Canada has some really good newgen dual national percentages...

If only this was the case for the U.S. 🤦‍♂️

canada.png

Il y a 3 heures, Gum a dit :

As you can see in this image, Canada has some really good newgen dual national percentages...

If only this was the case for the U.S. 🤦‍♂️

canada.png

I saw this in game, its definitely better in terms of % but the nationalities aren't quite correct. It's mostly european immigration, like the data is 50 years late.

For Vancouver, top nationalities should be China, Phillipines

For Toronto, India, Jamaica

For Montréal, Morocco, Algeria, Haiti.

Also, a bit of topic but English-Canadians should not have French as languages spoken.

Thanks for the info provided. This is something that will likely need continued tweaks, to both database percentages and newgen code, so specific examples of issues are always appreciated.

To confirm what's been said above, the fix in most recent patch is save game compatible, but will only effect newgens generated after this - not existing ones (worth noting that newgens actually generate 3 months before they appear in game, so you may have to wait until the following season to see the better spread.)

With regards to USA - we think there is a separate issue here that relates specifically to the MLS (due to it's draft system and irregular format, newgen code is slightly different), where dual nationality newgens are only generating at non-MLS american clubs. This is currently under review, but any more info surrounding this could be useful.

Cheers,

Andrew

Did you guys change it back to the previous update cause now again i barely got newgens with second nationalities (20.2.1)

bs.png

Edited by WilltheWolf92

16 hours ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

Did you guys change it back to the previous update cause now again i barely got newgens with second nationalities (20.2.1)

Haven't made any changes to this in 20.2.1, but the previous fix from 20.2.0 will only effect newly created newgens and not those already in your game.

13 hours ago, Josdeklos said:

Is it possible to change these numbers at the Editor?

Unfortunately this is not something that can currently be done, although given the changes made in this area for FM20, it's something we can consider for future versions.

On 09/12/2019 at 13:39, Andrew James said:

With regards to USA - we think there is a separate issue here that relates specifically to the MLS (due to it's draft system and irregular format, newgen code is slightly different), where dual nationality newgens are only generating at non-MLS american clubs. This is currently under review, but any more info surrounding this could be useful.

I don't think this is the case. I've seen an American born newgen with Japanese second nationality generate at the NYRB Academy, but I do agree with others that the percentages of dual nationality newgens should be much higher across the board in the USA, mostly when it comes to domestically born newgens.  Additionally, the amount of African newgens in European countries such as Belgium, the Netherlands, and most importantly France needs to be increased considerably. If you just scroll through the already existing youth players in these nations, you can see that there's a large amount of players with African descent based on their names, but my guess is because most of these real players don't have their second nationalities accounted for in the database it negatively affects the percentages. That's why I feel these percentage numbers should be inflated just a little bit more to make up for that database issue for more realistic newgen representation.

I guess this problem is back again cause i have only 2 (!) newgens with a second nationality in Belgium for all the teams... Please search this out SI.

After googling, this seemed to be the best topic to ask a question related to newgens dual nationality. This is from FM19, though.

Is it normal for newgens that is 'foreign' nationality to their club's nation (i.e. 2nd nationality is the same as the club instead) to always represent the club's nation instead?

For example, players born in Albania and Brazil, with Italian 2nd nationality, coming through the Academy at Parma in Italy.

They seemed to ALWAYS play for Italy instead of for their 1st nationality? Shouldn't their priority be their first nationality?

Unique players from smaller nations never gets to represent them as there's only so many players can play for Italy at one time.

I've found amazing Japanese newgens (Japanese names!) with German 2nd nationality always playing for Germany instead of strengthening Japan.

On 10/12/2019 at 17:07, Andrew James said:

Haven't made any changes to this in 20.2.1, but the previous fix from 20.2.0 will only effect newly created newgens and not those already in your game.

Unfortunately this is not something that can currently be done, although given the changes made in this area for FM20, it's something we can consider for future versions.

In latest versions I saw some increase of 2nd nationality for some countries.

Poland now has more dual-nat newgens for instance.  Netherlands it's still worse ratio than fm19 sadly. altough I see a small increase...its still far from realistic.

Feyenoord youth in fm20 for year 2025...all white...:(

I hope this will become added to the editor so the community can set these % correct.

On 10/12/2019 at 08:07, Andrew James said:

Please add this ability to the Editor, soon!

On 09/12/2019 at 13:39, Andrew James said:

Thanks for the info provided. This is something that will likely need continued tweaks, to both database percentages and newgen code, so specific examples of issues are always appreciated.

To confirm what's been said above, the fix in most recent patch is save game compatible, but will only effect newgens generated after this - not existing ones (worth noting that newgens actually generate 3 months before they appear in game, so you may have to wait until the following season to see the better spread.)

Cheers,

Andrew

Please note that while there is a lot of dual nationalities in the USA, majority of those players were not born in the USA and had gained the second nationality. There are a lot of foreigners who aren't born in the USA but come over to play in College or in an academy. So MLS somewhat have it's own issues with lack of foreigners being generated at the academy level. 

Players that are born in the USA but have a second nationality that play this sport are majority Mexican. Players with a African or Caribbean background are also found.  Foreign players who come over to the USA at a young age to play in academies or at the college level are from Europe, Africa and the Caribbean.

As, FM stands right now. There are a limited amount of foreigners being generated at the MLS academy let alone anyone with a dual nationality. The countries they are from also seems very random and out of place.

On 15/01/2020 at 17:02, Josdeklos said:

Does someone know if this was updated? Havent played in a while.

there have been minor changes. actually in the patch bfore current it was better, but currenlty you get lol to no second nationalities.

ergo the promise of miles has been a lie.

On 06/02/2020 at 18:22, the_hdk said:

there have been minor changes. actually in the patch bfore current it was better, but currenlty you get lol to no second nationalities.

ergo the promise of miles has been a lie.

Very sad that they don't anything seriously anymore and bought it since 2005 but this is really the last year i bought it. I can onderstand all the bugs and everything but this is a major problem.

Edited by Josdeklos

On 10/12/2019 at 17:07, Andrew James said:

Thanks for the effort but sadly nobody cares at SI. Big shame to see all the realism gone in the last years. I hope to see an option on the next edition to change this with an editor. 

This problem is back again, can someone of SI please tell me why you changed this back to the unrealistic numbers? 

1 hour ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

This problem is back again, can someone of SI please tell me why you changed this back to the unrealistic numbers? 

The previous update was match engine only so nothing's changed.

On 07/02/2020 at 05:42, Josdeklos said:

Very sad that they don't anything seriously anymore and bought it since 2005 but this is really the last year i bought it. I can onderstand all the bugs and everything but i cant stand that they just ignore these issues, just like the colour of the crowd and a fan had to make an update for it. The person who delegate everything on SI is not the right person i think, i hardly doubt that its the same person of the editions of FM15 and before. But sadly enough that person has not the right skills .

We've acknowledged the issue, so are not ignoring it. Please see Andrew James' posts above. 

I can understand the frustration but that doesn't excuse these accusations you are making. Please keep it civil so we can help you. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The previous update was match engine only so nothing's changed.

We've acknowledged the issue, so are not ignoring it. Please see Andrew James' posts above. 

I can understand the frustration but that doesn't excuse these accusations you are making. Please keep it civil so we can help you. Thanks.

Ok my excuses, was a bit upset at that moment. I changed the post. I'm awaiting some positive improvments, good luck!

1 minute ago, Josdeklos said:

Ok my excuses, was a bit upset at that moment. I changed the post. I'm awaiting some positive improvments, good luck!

No problem, all issues are frustrating at times, and we get it. :brock:

Will these changes be save game compatible? I feel this has been asked before but can't remember, thanks. 

Fixes for this will be save game compatible but will only effect newgens that are generated after the fix is in - newgens already in game won't have second nationalities added to them. 

Just to be clear...does SI think this is solved?

as on latest patch..running quick checks few years in I do not see any differences for Netherlands. Still very lil % of regens with second nationality.

lower than FM19.  I reported this back in the beta...it's february :(

Still feel i got to less newgens with a second nationality, i can make some print screens if you want, but it's not so realistic. Is there an possibility that you make a patch or something for people who want more second nationality newgens?

Edited by WilltheWolf92

This was a bust if it’s not corrected. Hopefully they let us make these changes in the pre game editor next year...

international play is already boring with the lack of features and changes and with the lack of talent coming in for national teams because of dual nationalities, it’s pretty much hard to enjoy playing with national teams.