Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Armistice

FM17 - Stuttering ME & CPU maxed out when processing

Hey the first issue I'd like to highlight is that the ME is quite stuttery at times. I mean it freezes for half a second but it's visible. I don't know what there needs to be done, I changed FM17 to run with nVidia graphics card since it's more powerful than Intel HD card. Maybe I should change it back to Intel HD?

Also I noticed that in Resource Monitor (Basically it's found in Task Manager) the CPU is maxed out when there are a lot of results to simulate like the international break and stuff. I mean is the game really that demanding? Considering that my laptop has an Intel i7-8750H processor and my graphics card is nVidia GTX 1060 3GB.

Thanks!

On 04/11/2019 at 23:39, FrazT said:

What happens if you reduce the graphics quality in preferences?

It looks like the stuttering has gone. Can you explain what's going on? I mean my laptop is more than good enough to handle maxed out graphics.

I cant really explain why this happens in some cases.  The game is optimised in such a way that it can run on a wide range of graphics qualities and sometime reducing the quality on high level machines can work.