[FM20] [SKIN] TCS 2020 (Latest: v1.5 23/05)

TCSSkin

Hey, this is nothing against the skin, there is just no better place to ask about stuff like this.

Has anyone tried to "Frankestein" the match overview with field players photos from YACS (bottom of the page, in the Extras) with TCS ?
What I mean is - the layout, the functionality of this with the font and stylistic entegrity of TCS (example)
There is even the code exactly just for this feature - link

Is this even possibe? Maybe is there someone who already tried or done that?

This is nothing against the TCS skin which in general is the best out there with how clean and informative it is. It's just quite baffling why in a skin so balanced in the aesthetics and information richness the match screen is so stubbornly ...dull and vanilla?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sopel said:

This is nothing against the TCS skin which in general is the best out there with how clean and informative it is. It's just quite baffling why in a skin so balanced in the aesthetics and information richness the match screen is so stubbornly ...dull and vanilla?

generally i tend to avoid these type of questions but the bottom paragraph piqued my interest. I'll answer the YACS question when i'm home if i can get on my computer.

I go over it more detail here

But this year i've seriously struggled for ideas creatively and motivationally. Normally i tend to try and be a few weeks ahead of what's publicly released, and send out beta/testing versions to friends and this year Patreons, but this year for whatever reason I can't sit down and just skin, stuff like the club overview in v1.3 took me days to put together because i simply don't have the motivation. The match screen is something in particular that i've struggled to come up with an idea creatively, and to be honest i'm barely playing this fm so it's not something that i'm really running into issues with myself. 

17 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

But this year i've seriously struggled for ideas creatively and motivationally.

It's okay mate. Remember this is just a game - every aspect of it. If you're not having fun with skinning it's okay to just take a hiatus till you feel the enjoyment again (and especially if the whole process gives you more negative emotions than the positive ones) It's just a skin for a game, nothing to get stressed over. Some people may be very demanding as if their lives were depending on it being released but it really doesn't - do what you like to do and focus on what you want to focus. No rush, you already gave us - the community - a great skin that's functional.

I just wanted to know if someone knows how to or maybe tried to do what I came up with. There was no intention to sound demanding or to diss on your work. There is just no other place I can find help regarding this very specific thing, that's all ;)

On 31/01/2020 at 12:45, Sopel said:

It's okay mate. Remember this is just a game - every aspect of it. If you're not having fun with skinning it's okay to just take a hiatus till you feel the enjoyment again (and especially if the whole process gives you more negative emotions than the positive ones) It's just a skin for a game, nothing to get stressed over. Some people may be very demanding as if their lives were depending on it being released but it really doesn't - do what you like to do and focus on what you want to focus. No rush, you already gave us - the community - a great skin that's functional.

I just wanted to know if someone knows how to or maybe tried to do what I came up with. There was no intention to sound demanding or to diss on your work. There is just no other place I can find help regarding this very specific thing, that's all ;)

How's something like this look?

image.png

18 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

How's something like this look?

Wow, didn't exepct such a response! :P
Thank you for the effort, but I think something else could be done with this screen.
I'm going to write down some critiques and ideas that are purely subjective and somoene who doesn't know a thing about both design and "coding"

1. If you're going for the horizontal view of the pitch, the opposing team should be inverted as if the teams are opposing eachother, that would be way more natural to look at.
2. If you're including the pitch in tactical formation, with faces, names, match rating and status (like carded, goal scored, injured?) I don't think the lower part is necessary as it only gives you one more information - condition, which I guess can be also implemented to the pitch representation (in the form of circles)
Like in the YACS' I mentioned at the start - in two simple rows there are included informations about the morale, match rating, condition and a player info icon with surname in the lower row - player's photo, kit and status are visible above the rows, positions are not needed as the presentation of the pitch and formation are contextual, you know who is playing at which position (YACS). Kits are probably an overkill but maybe it enhances the immersion and gives a better presence, other than simply floating faces.
My idea - get rid of the lower stats, make the pitches bigger, as to fit a second row under the name for where morale and condition would be shown (maybe body language somewhere in there?) and put the player info icon next to the name.
3. There is a lot of unused space and filling it up may be awkward. For sure, the limiting factor is the horizontal pitch. If I were you and wanted to keep the horizontal pitch - I'd move the pitches to the upper corners to free up space in the middle where I'd put the game report and stats window - both with the same length, ending alongside the pitch. Under them - a recent events tab, above them - competition name and logo, stadium, date and weather (with a graphic, maybe?)
In this combination there should be some place left under the pitches, I can't think of an use fo them, right now, the squad list seems to be the first thing that comes to mind but as I said before - it's redundant information, but it's better at showing body language. Maybe it would be nice to somehow feature the benched players under the pitches. (like in their own darker bar, running alongside the pithch, with their faces and names)
4. The header could be a bit more stylized, like the score could have it's own midbar in darker color - so not to be split in half by the colors of the teams. IMO it would look better that way.
5. Are there any circular pitches anymore? Stripes would be better for the pitch, I think

As I said, I didn't expect that you would go and try to do something with the panel, I'm very honored, given that you wanted to take a break from this project and my post moved you to do stuff. I really don't want to sound rude or picky - I came here with clear idea on my mind as I liked one particular thing about YACS' skin and wanted to merge them. Of course, I don't want you to plagiarize someone's else work, that's understandable why you want to do something similiar but different (although I also don't think that forcing ideas for the sake of being different is good for the overall end result - sometimes good ideas are just simply the best)
You asked me about my opinion and I wanted for it to be an honest one, I hope you won't be too mad at me for that :P

6 hours ago, Sopel said:

Wow, didn't exepct such a response! :P
Thank you for the effort, but I think something else could be done with this screen.
I'm going to write down some critiques and ideas that are purely subjective and somoene who doesn't know a thing about both design and "coding"

1. If you're going for the horizontal view of the pitch, the opposing team should be inverted as if the teams are opposing eachother, that would be way more natural to look at.
2. If you're including the pitch in tactical formation, with faces, names, match rating and status (like carded, goal scored, injured?) I don't think the lower part is necessary as it only gives you one more information - condition, which I guess can be also implemented to the pitch representation (in the form of circles)
Like in the YACS' I mentioned at the start - in two simple rows there are included informations about the morale, match rating, condition and a player info icon with surname in the lower row - player's photo, kit and status are visible above the rows, positions are not needed as the presentation of the pitch and formation are contextual, you know who is playing at which position (YACS). Kits are probably an overkill but maybe it enhances the immersion and gives a better presence, other than simply floating faces.
My idea - get rid of the lower stats, make the pitches bigger, as to fit a second row under the name for where morale and condition would be shown (maybe body language somewhere in there?) and put the player info icon next to the name.
3. There is a lot of unused space and filling it up may be awkward. For sure, the limiting factor is the horizontal pitch. If I were you and wanted to keep the horizontal pitch - I'd move the pitches to the upper corners to free up space in the middle where I'd put the game report and stats window - both with the same length, ending alongside the pitch. Under them - a recent events tab, above them - competition name and logo, stadium, date and weather (with a graphic, maybe?)
In this combination there should be some place left under the pitches, I can't think of an use fo them, right now, the squad list seems to be the first thing that comes to mind but as I said before - it's redundant information, but it's better at showing body language. Maybe it would be nice to somehow feature the benched players under the pitches. (like in their own darker bar, running alongside the pithch, with their faces and names)
4. The header could be a bit more stylized, like the score could have it's own midbar in darker color - so not to be split in half by the colors of the teams. IMO it would look better that way.
5. Are there any circular pitches anymore? Stripes would be better for the pitch, I think

As I said, I didn't expect that you would go and try to do something with the panel, I'm very honored, given that you wanted to take a break from this project and my post moved you to do stuff. I really don't want to sound rude or picky - I came here with clear idea on my mind as I liked one particular thing about YACS' skin and wanted to merge them. Of course, I don't want you to plagiarize someone's else work, that's understandable why you want to do something similiar but different (although I also don't think that forcing ideas for the sake of being different is good for the overall end result - sometimes good ideas are just simply the best)
You asked me about my opinion and I wanted for it to be an honest one, I hope you won't be too mad at me for that :P

nah i've been working on the skin on and off during my break, just without the pressures of self imposed deadlines haha

1) Not possible unfortunately. 

2) Player icons are pretty much placeholders. Will be looked at later on, personally don't see the point in cramming a lot of info on there that's elsewhere on the screen though

3. i get your point about unused space, it's a tough decision choice, leave a lot of unused space or make it look busy. It's a very thin line. 

4. yeah i've been wanting something to do with the titlebar but it's become one of the recognisable parts of the skin at this point and i'm hesitant to change it. Won't be changed for v1.3 but we'll see when 1.4 rolls around. 

5. pitches are the same point as 2. The panel does look somewhat different now that it's finished but the general shape as remained.

And nah i didn't take it as if you were being an arse don't worry :)

12 hours ago, john1 said:

It works for me? :thup: Make sure you press clear skin cache too :thup:

Yeah, it seems like the game didn't wanna clear the cache for some reason so now it works.

Hey, trying to load the skin but I keep getting an error when I unpack the RAR file, it says "unknown method in.." and gives me some 386 errors. Still put the folder in the FM2020 skins folder but it is not showing up as an option in preferences. Any idea what to do?

11 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Hey, trying to load the skin but I keep getting an error when I unpack the RAR file, it says "unknown method in.." and gives me some 386 errors. Still put the folder in the FM2020 skins folder but it is not showing up as an option in preferences. Any idea what to do?

Try it with 7-Zip :thup:

1 hour ago, bluestillidie00 said:

TCS 2020 v1.3 on the way

Can you possibly do something with the 3D match screen . The title match bar takes up way too much room . Keep up the excellent work . Well done 

12 hours ago, prot651 said:

Can you possibly do something with the 3D match screen . The title match bar takes up way too much room . Keep up the excellent work . Well done 

Or change the titlebar to the standard one, like I did.

8 hours ago, Rivanov said:

Or change the titlebar to the standard one, like I did.

By standard you mean the one that comes with the game ? Find that's too big as well 

I have done this one with the FMNATION skin but cant get it to work on TCS Skin

1315424105_fullscreen.thumb.png.c4450e224da0569e834ca1fc9c129250.png

3 hours ago, prot651 said:

By standard you mean the one that comes with the game ? Find that's too big as well 

I have done this one with the FMNATION skin but cant get it to work on TCS Skin

1315424105_fullscreen.thumb.png.c4450e224da0569e834ca1fc9c129250.png

Really like that.  What are the folders for that in FMNATION?  I’d like to try and add to the Heffem skin I’m using. 

On 13/02/2020 at 17:21, prot651 said:

i've answered somewhere else (can't remember where tbf), but the titlebar won't be changed. i appreciate your feedback but for me the pros outweigh the cons. 

8 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

i've answered somewhere else (can't remember where tbf), but the titlebar won't be changed. i appreciate your feedback but for me the pros outweigh the cons. 

That's ok as its your skin :applause:  Its just the reason I don't use it but im probably the only one so its no big deal . Always look forward to your releases though . SI should employ you

10 hours ago, Enos said:

Really like that.  What are the folders for that in FMNATION?  I’d like to try and add to the Heffem skin I’m using. 

Mate im a hack at best and fiddling around with stuff and I somehow stubbled across it and my memory is not so good now days due to my mental health . That's aside I could uploaded the skin for you but not on this post out of respect 

I love the skins but I can't download it via fmscout right now as it said "something is missing" on mediafire, I'm going to the bank to setup a new account just for my Patreon on Thursday, I might add another £5 for the subscription so I can get it early

48 dakika önce, TheHomeEnd86 said:

I love the skins but I can't download it via fmscout right now as it said "something is missing" on mediafire, I'm going to the bank to setup a new account just for my Patreon on Thursday, I might add another £5 for the subscription so I can get it early

https://twitter.com/TCSSkin/status/1229788704883007488?s=20

Top quality skin, I have been using it for a couple of months and with the new match overhaul I love it even more. I would like a to add a little feedback on some tweaks that could be made to it, I hope that is alright.

I have attached one of your screenshots to this post, where I have added the yellow arrow, this display is superfluous due to the same information being at the top of the screen already. It may be good to remove this and have the player ratings columns go down to the possession bar. The kit pictures could then be placed where I have put the red arrows on the picture instead, or even instead of the team badges (with the team badges being used next to the team names on the match information tab).

Great work on the skin! :thup:

EQdNIOyWsAINRvy.jpg

Do you perhaps know which screen this is @bluestillidie00?

It's the Match Review screen when you click a result from a previous match from the Schedule page.

As you can see, there are some missing elements and I can't find the appropriate screen to fix this. Can you guide me to the right .XML file? :)

2020-02-20 07_42_05-Window.png

2020-02-20 07_42_34-Window.png

20 hours ago, ben_champ said:

Top quality skin, I have been using it for a couple of months and with the new match overhaul I love it even more. I would like a to add a little feedback on some tweaks that could be made to it, I hope that is alright.

I have attached one of your screenshots to this post, where I have added the yellow arrow, this display is superfluous due to the same information being at the top of the screen already. It may be good to remove this and have the player ratings columns go down to the possession bar. The kit pictures could then be placed where I have put the red arrows on the picture instead, or even instead of the team badges (with the team badges being used next to the team names on the match information tab).

Great work on the skin! :thup:

EQdNIOyWsAINRvy.jpg

You can remove the bottom part by removing (our commenting the piece of code like I did) the piece of code where it says NAME AND KIT from the match in between highlights panel.xml in the folder /panels/match/

<!-- 2ND HALF -->
		<container>
			<layout class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="-6,-6" horizontal_gap="4" />

<!-- HOME STATS -->
			<container class="bordered_box" appearance="tcs/boxes/match/ibh/paper" id="hmts" >
				<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="bottom,extend" />

<widget class="match_view_selector_panel" id="selH" pause_match_on_menu_opening="true" default_item="HMts" file="client_object/client object viewer selector match">
					<record id="object_property">
						<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
						<integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
					</record>
					<widget class="match_team_stats_panel" id="HMts" file="match/match team stats popup" team_index="0">
						<translation id="title" translation_id="247439" type="use" value="Match Stats" />
					</widget>
					<widget class="match_analysis_panel" file="match/tcs/review/team heatmap_home" id="thbH" >
						<translation id="title" type="use" value="Home Heat Map" />
					</widget>
				</widget>

<!--name and kit
				<container class="home_match_incidents_panel" file="match/match incidents left in between highlights" height="75">
					</record>
				</container>-->
			</container>

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="tcs/boxes/match/ibh/paper" id="amts" >
				<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="bottom,extend" />

<widget class="match_view_selector_panel" id="seAw" pause_match_on_menu_opening="true" default_item="AMts" file="client_object/client object viewer selector match">
					</record>

<widget class="match_team_stats_panel" id="aMts" file="match/match team stats popup" team_index="1">
						<translation id="title" translation_id="247439" type="use" value="Match Stats" />
					</widget>
					<widget class="match_team_stats_full" id="tcSa" team_index="1" >
						<translation id="title" translation_id="466547" type="use" value="Detailed" />
					</widget>
				</widget>

<!--name and kit
				<container class="away_match_incidents_panel" file="match/match incidents right in between highlights" height="75">
					</record>
				</container>-->
			</container>

</container>

12 hours ago, franas said:

I lost all pictures in my inbox after winter update. It's only a problem in this skin :/

pictures.jpg

Not just this skin but a few others as well as I see reported …… Mine seems fine but as a suggestion clean out your Cache and re install the skin 

12 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

v1.3.1 updated in first post to fix bugs introduced in FM 20.3.0 patch. Light version also updated

Which panels are changed for 1.3.1? So that way I only have to replace/fix those panels instead of the whole skin because I used different panels for my own skin. :)

Is it only the News panel? Because that was the main issue I believe, regarding the images not being shown.

Edited by Rivanov

2 hours ago, Rivanov said:

Which panels are changed for 1.3.1? So that way I only have to replace/fix those panels instead of the whole skin because I used different panels for my own skin. :)

Is it only the News panel? Because that was the main issue I believe, regarding the images not being shown.

all the competition news items and one of the news_items panels. The issue comes from ids changing

On 20/02/2020 at 07:45, Rivanov said:

Do you perhaps know which screen this is @bluestillidie00?

It's the Match Review screen when you click a result from a previous match from the Schedule page.

As you can see, there are some missing elements and I can't find the appropriate screen to fix this. Can you guide me to the right .XML file? :)

2020-02-20 07_42_05-Window.png

2020-02-20 07_42_34-Window.png

Can you perhaps give me the correct panel name to fix this issue @bluestillidie00 ? :)

1 hour ago, bluestillidie00 said:

all the competition news items and one of the news_items panels. The issue comes from ids changing

Cheers, I need to dive in and fix this at a later date.  nothign major i suspect? 

37 minutes ago, mlodziezowy said:

image.thumb.png.28fb533ac99ca1a89960cebda62f2063.png

@bluestillidie00 What's that green bit and how do I fix it? 

I've been using 1.1.2 til now and I love the new additions, apart from this one :p

download v1.3.1. it's one of the things that got broke with the new patch

8 minutes ago, Rivanov said:

Can you perhaps give me the correct panel name to fix this issue @bluestillidie00 ? :)

match in between highlights review or something like that

5 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Cheers, I need to dive in and fix this at a later date.  nothign major i suspect? 

nah it's just id="dyna" and that needs to be changed. easy stuff

@bluestillidie00 can you point me towards the exact folder/xml I'd need to move over? I have a fair bit of my own panel mods and cba to rebuild them all from scratch :D

edit: I replaced my old folder with a brand new 1.3.1, rebuilt the cache and issue is still present :/

Edited by mlodziezowy