Sports Interactive Community
yermasafc

Continuing Beta Save Post-Release

Hiya. Been playing FM since about 09 but have never picked up the beta version (was just chomping at the bit to start a Bradford City save I've been planning for ages). I understand that you can continue your beta save once the main game comes out, but will bugs be fixed in this save file? There are a few issues that I presume will be fixed post-release but I don't want to continue this save too far if they'll persist in my save. Are there any other issues with starting your 'main save' in the beta game? 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure that bug fixes will be fixed in your existing save files. The only thing that won't change are any updated data files. 

il y a 8 minutes, Sam-T1 a dit :

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure that bug fixes will be fixed in your existing save files. The only thing that won't change are any updated data files. 

It's logically be the case, but it's always recommended to start over to fully apply all the fixes, DB is never 100% accurate for the Beta as well

For my taste, i always prefer to wait for the full release to start a proper save, to make sure a lot of issues are sorted out

At the moment i prefer using these weeks to try to improve the full release by reporting what's wrong if i find an issue, and get used to the new features etc

Bug fixes are usually save game compatible- data changes are usually not and require a new save.

So the data being player attributes and potential? And perhaps more up to date transfers and manager movements? 

Cool, I think I can live without that. I was just concerned as I got really into my save and sank my entire weekend into it (easily done). 

Thanks for your responses. 

Due a problem with club/profile milestones after a certain season, that happened with FM 19, I'll start a new save when the game is full launched.

I'm really getting into my beta save as well. The lack of dynamic links being made between my players is my primary concern right now (Referring to links being seen on the tactics screen). SI is looking into it, but I assume you may have the same issue? Hopefully it's not save-breaking. 

If you're not facing any bugs that disrupt the competitions you're playing in, I see no reason to not continue your Beta save after the full game release. 

I had to discard my FC Porto save because one of the bugs --- main squad being called up to play some u19 games --- breaks the immersion to me. But I'm playing a Man Utd save and enjoying it a lot, so that one will continue after 19th November.

Edited by 99

If the save is interesting and I'm into it and there are no major bugs that "tainted" my save then I'll continue.

The bug fixes will automatically be applied to any save just new data/manager changings etc. won't be in the save, obviously.

I would add that if you’re playing an online career network game it is definitely advisable to start a fresh save when the full game drops.

I played my beta save on FM19 right up until a few weeks ago. 

Been reported that 'The updating of competition rules remains a work in progress'  which I don't believe is save game compatible as with data.  As wanting to commence a journeyman save taking in a few leagues will wait until release

If you want to continue with your beta save, you can make the essential changes (replace the managers who are already sacked etc.) via in-game editor. Otherwise, you need to start a new game to get all the data changes.