Has the dust settled?

Basically, we misjudged what the minimum spec of the game should be, and misjudged what kind of computers and graphics cards our users had. [bOLD]One of the positives of the authentication system that we have used this year is that we will have this info moving forward[/bOLD], so will be much better informed in the future.

To me, that is not authentication. I view authentication as validating I have an official copy, not as sending and storing my pc specs back to a central point which I do not have access to. Can you please detail what information is sent and retained.

How many copies sold so far? 100,000 is lame isnt it compared to last years sales. I know its early days but still, I expected it to fly out, or is it 100,000 users playing and loads more not able to yet

Well there are at least a few 1000 Norte Americanos who are still eagerly awaiting activation.

Like the step taken into 3D the anti-piracy effort is at an early stage. I have confidence, they will learn and improve in the future. :thup:

Ask me again in four hours ... :rolleyes:

my girlfriend has text me to say my game has arrived today but i'm a bit worried about activating as i have no internet....fingers crossed the phone activation goes smoothly..!!!

danster999 has the same problem i had. it gets to the 3rd code input and then tells us that our key code is wrong. your best bet in that case is do what i did and find a mate with internet access that wont mind you turning up at his front door with your desktop under your arm.

i called the london number. can't remember what it was now.

and the way it works is that you put your key code number into the boxes when you start FM (code is on the back of your manual) for the first time and then it gives you the first 16 digit code.

you ring the phone number and type the 16 digit code in to your phone, they will then give you a response code to enter. when you enter that response code ANOTHER 16 digit code appears. type that into your phone and a 2ND reponse code will be given to you to enter.

presumably you had to do this about 5 times (1 time for each group of characters from your key code) but i only got to the 3rd before it told me it wasn't a correct key code

Are the codes all numeric? I ask because I have seen these key pad systems before where companies assume that all phones have the same letters mapped to the same numbers, of course that is not the case. On my phone the letters ER are on the 1 key and rge letters Q and W are on a key with no number.

Basically, we misjudged what the minimum spec of the game should be, and misjudged what kind of computers and graphics cards our users had. One of the positives of the authentication system that we have used this year is that we will have this info moving forward, so will be much better informed in the future.

Wow, that is a strong statement. I'm impressed. Truly. *respect*

'Cause you know, that was exactly what I, as a macuser, thought when reading the minimum requirements. For instance: Most macusers use Tiger as operating system, because it is much, much more stable than Leopard. So making the 3D graphics mostly unplayable on Tiger wasn't such a good idea. ;)

I, personaly, really like your game, even tough I'm not able to use the 3D graphics propably and the Data Editor doesn't work.

Apart from those and other, minor, issues, I think you did a great job. :)

Avarchillion

Archived