Sports Interactive Community
Kiriakoz

Funniest player name

funniest player in my opinion in FM09 is Kermit "Pancake" Erasmus, for 2 reasons. He plays for Feyenoord, of which I have a season-ticket.

First, most obvious reason: Kermit. He doesn't play a lot of games, but as far as I've seen him, he's not as much of a jumper as the name would suggest.

Second reason: Erasmus. He plays for (Feyenoord) Rotterdam, which is the city where the famous philosopher Erasmus wrote most of his books and essays during The Enlightenment. When Kermit came here he didn't know who Erasmus was, so he was VERY surprised to see his name everywhere in the city, where I live. We have an Erasmus Bridge, an Erasmus University, a Cafe Erasmus, a Tube-line called Erasmus. That was a huge shock for him.

Third reason: IRL they've given him the nickname "Pancake", because according to our captain Giovanni van Bronckhorst that's all he eats nowadays.

Anyhow, because of his first, last and nickname he's already a fan favorite, without having played many games.

haha, i love the thought of him introducing himself, no-one would believe him!

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel of Vitesse,,, is actually supposed to be quite good too,, big clubs in eredivisse looking at him, and he in the Dutch U21's

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel of Vitesse,,, is actually supposed to be quite good too,, big clubs in eredivisse looking at him, and he in the Dutch U21's

outstanding lol. there is something about this name that makes me laugh every time i say it in my head

Makes me think of Vanilla Ice..

(Robert Van Winkle)

What is funniest player name this year?

Hobbit Bermudez is the funniest I've seen so far, but I'm sure it can be beaten.

Recently played a friendly and the player that scored against us was called " FATTY " not that funny really but I had a chuckle at first glance.

Cheers

not a player i think it was a scout or something called ralph minge

Lol, yup. I had signed him for a team on 08.

He's a German scout. I'm sure he's in 09 as one of Germany's scouts(national squad, obviously)...

Nah, can't find him...

Anyway... Rafael Sh(y/i)te... Although I'm not sure if it was spelt that way... it was an I or a Y...

Claus Phi Nguyen Skov Hansen - yes all one name. Presumably regen decided to combine a Dane and a Vietnamese...

Sir Bobby Charlton - a Trinidad and Tobago GK with the title and all.

Jod Bodyslam - Became a hero in our house as an Arsenal regen, must have wrestlers for parents.

D'oh. If I'd known there was a Funniest Player Name thread I would have saved Mr. Muff the indignity of going on the Funny Screenshot thread. :(

Lol, yup. I had signed him for a team on 08.

He's a German scout. I'm sure he's in 09 as one of Germany's scouts(national squad, obviously)...

Nah, can't find him...

Anyway... Rafael Sh(y/i)te... Although I'm not sure if it was spelt that way... it was an I or a Y...

Spelt Scheidt I think :)

It was funny enough watching this guy run round the field, and then the news item came up!

Immobile.jpg

rofl!!! -post too short so filling in words.

Ah, he was the source of one of the all-time great sport headlines, "Argel Fuc.ks off to Benfica"...Nice to see he's still about.

he is a manager now, currently at Mogi Mirim in Brazil. He was far from great. A mixture of Iván Campo and Vinnie Jones...

A while back Celtic were interested in a player Called "Rod Fanni"

They have Balde and Naylor so there backline would have been ..

Naylor Baldé Fanni

(Nail Her Baldy Fanny)

Made me laugh :)

I've found some with not funny but unfortunate surnames in the 9.2.0 database.

Ivan S.hits (without the fullstop obviously!) who is zakarpattya general manager

Kwan Cheuk S.hit (again without the fullstop).

Mathew C*ck (An Australian midfielder)

In 08 I started a career as Papau New Guinea and had a player called Bat Man.

I'm with Russia now and my right wingers name is Kalashnikov.

I'm with Russia now and my right wingers name is Kalashnikov.

Pretty common name in Russia. The weapon is named after its inventor.

I don't he was a regen or what, a player on my FM08 United save was known as 'Oliver Shitrit'. I would visit his profile whenever I as in a bad mood and it would make me Cheer up!!

I wonder if he "rifles them in" a lot?

Presumably so! :D

In which case, you can't say his team doesn't have plenty of "ammunition". :p

I don't he was a regen or what, a player on my FM08 United save was known as 'Oliver Shitrit'. I would visit his profile whenever I as in a bad mood and it would make me Cheer up!!

Shitrit is a common surname in Israel. Still mildly amusing to English speakers, though.

I signed a Hungarian called Attila Szecsi - scored some beautiful goals

There is a real-life musician with that name :) However we pronounce it: Sachi ( S like in 'seat' a like in 'play' ch line in 'cheers' i like in 'kill')

There is pretty common surname in Hungary: "Kiss" Yoiu could even make a starting eleven of Kisses :)