Sports Interactive Community

Hi, 

FM2020 3D graphics performance is very low in my PC. (one star at graphics quality). I have played FM18, F19, graphics rating was always 5 stars on the same pc. all of them brought through steam netrowk.

My PC configuration, Dell Inspiron 5567

Intel Core i5-7200U

Radeon R7 M445

8GB RAM and 4GD dedicated GPU memory.

This configuration meets the requirements of the game. however, 3D match engine is lagging a lot. even the game stimulation is vert very slow (with small database of 23k players).

Can anyone suggest, that this is a problem or i need to buy new alienware :-).

Can you try the following and see if it improves the performance, please? - 

1. Remove any custom graphics/skins/faces/logo

2. Delete caches and preferences folders via the File Explorer - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-delete-my-preferences-andor-caches-folder-r841/

3. Uninstall and reinstall the latest graphics card driver(s) - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-update-andor-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r848/

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

I have the same problem...

My PC configuration 

Intel Core I5 6300HQ 

GeForce GTX 960M

Ram : 8GO

On FM19, i had 5 stars and now on the beta, i have 1 star

2 hours ago, Jeromefrench said:

I have the same problem...

My PC configuration 

Intel Core I5 6300HQ 

GeForce GTX 960M

Ram : 8GO

On FM19, i had 5 stars and now on the beta, i have 1 star

Please create your own thread so we can respond directly. Thanks. 

On 04/11/2019 at 15:01, Jimmy Wong said:

Can you try the following and see if it improves the performance, please? - 

1. Remove any custom graphics/skins/faces/logo

2. Delete caches and preferences folders via the File Explorer - 

3. Uninstall and reinstall the latest graphics card driver(s) - 

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

Hi Neil, 

Thanks, 

I have tried these options before without any luck. However, after your message i tried again, and found out that AMD Radeon has released an update yesterday (04/11/2019) Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.1 . After updating that, i feel the game's 3D engine is performing well on medium level. But the rating of my pc 3D quality is still one Star. 

And to confirm have you deleted your preferences and cache again since installing that driver? This will allow your system to re-benchmark the game. 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

And to confirm have you deleted your preferences and cache again since installing that driver? This will allow your system to re-benchmark the game. 

Yes, i did that.

We've just released Hotfix 20.0.3 which contains a number of fixes, please try again now in this version and let us know if you're having the same issue.

Would also be worth deleting your cache and preferences before launching this version to make sure it re-benchmarks. Details on how to do this here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-delete-my-preferences-andor-caches-folder-r841/

Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem even after this hotfix. The 3D match engine feels really laggy and have 1 star on graphics quality even though last year was 5 star. This baffles me as I can play GTA 5 perfectly but not this 3D match?!  Gone through all the steps suggested still no joy, hope this is fixed soon because this is ruining my game experience.

30 minutes ago, Dicko99 said:

I have exactly the same problem even after this hotfix. The 3D match engine feels really laggy and have 1 star on graphics quality even though last year was 5 star. This baffles me as I can play GTA 5 perfectly but not this 3D match?!  Gone through all the steps suggested still no joy, hope this is fixed soon because this is ruining my game experience.

Please remember that if you have an issue, to please create your OWN thread describing your issue, even if you think it's the same issue as someone else. Thanks. 

My PC is:

intel core i7-7700k 4.20

geforce gtx1050 ti

16 gb RAM

3d match performance is awful. Fps monitor and nvidia inspector show that GPU is overloaded during 3d match. Any other games are running correctly, all latest drivers are installed. Any solutions?

Again, to echo what Neil said, can you create your own thread, please.

We have no way of keeping track what troubleshooting options we've suggested and what worked/failed.