[FM20] Red Star F.C.

MarcxD

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, john1 said:

Surprised it was a walk in the park for you in Champions League group :eek: ;)

Ahah I wouldn't quite say walk in the park as all the games were quite close but yeah it has gone well so far :D 

17 hours ago, noikeee said:

Slightly dodgy in the league, but with the focus in Europe that is understandable. Well done to get out of that group. 

Definitely dodgy, but hoping to get some momentum going now, and investing in January. Thanks!

December 2027

december

Disappointing start to the month, as we should really be beating a team like Nantes. But some good wins and goalscoring performances making for a decent end to the year.

december-league-table

Quite a ways away from the top 3, where I think for the first time in this career PSG isn't at the top halfway through the season. But if we can continue like this at the very least another year of European qualification which is really what I'm looking for right now as I'm planning to build long-term for a more serious title contention.

december-CL-group

A shame to miss out on the first spot in the group as this means a hard draw usually...

december-CL-draw

Quite.

december-intake-preview

Golden generation you say, but I also see only the midfielders are expected to be any good. We'll see!

January 2028

january

Some kind draws in the cup, and even though we haven't been playing amazing through to the quarter finals. 

january-league-table

january-incoming

Used the transfer budget my board gave me, to sign a few AMC's and other young talents.

january-outgoing

A few of the new players were loaned out immediately, and some of the lesser academy kids whose contracts were ending left on a free. There was a 25M offer for Xavi Simons which I rejected. 

February 2028

february

Pretty good month in all honesty, perhaps a draw too many but well. We still have a slight shot at going through in the CL which is more than I expected.

february-league-table

4th place is going to be the best possible result I'd think, which would mean Europa League next year. (The French league is 5th in the rankings again, after being fourth shortly)

Edited by MarcxD

March 2028

march

Wow, an incredible month. Not only did we make it to the final of the cup - facing Lyon, we also beat City away at home to go through...

march-city-game

2 Shots at goal, 2 goals. They had 14. Proper FMed them!

march-CL-draw

march-league-table

march-youth-intake

Seemingly the best intake so far, with the first 5* potential player (as rated at the time of the intake, of course)

march-yp9a

march-yp9b

Season Review 2027-2028

post-season-season-review

While it wasn't the best season in the league, the CL and cup runs were very good so that is certainly promising. Combined with some of the investments and future prospects I'm hoping we can feeling make the jump forward to battle for the title within a season or two. 

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

post-season-squad

post-season-topscorer

post-season-table

Pre-Season 2028

pre-season-prediction

Another little step forward, need to improve now to actually outdo the predictions.

pre-season-interview

It was a bit of a hectic summer transfer window, with much happening and almost happening.

pre-season-interest

pre-season-rejected

I had accepted an offer for Benedetti who had done quite well the last half of last season, but I thought the offer was too good to reject and I could use the funds to get some new players in. He rejected the offer though, at the very last minute. Which was not ideal, as I had spent quite a bit of money partly to replace him. Oh well.

pre-season-signings

New right backs were signed in Alvarengo and Ferreiro; new midfielder in Maestre from Real Madrid B, Barba a new promising AMR. Capel was signed as a new central defender as I sold Mamengi (see below), and Mandir is a good prospect in attack, who I signed when I thought I'd sold Benedetti. Theother players named here are for the future.

pre-season-departures

Two big sales in Mamengi and Marvin. Marvin is the one I'm not super sure about as he has always done very well for me, but he is slowly getting to his thirties and I'm building for the future. While Mamengi has good attributes, his ratings aren't always that fantastic so I had already put a asking price of 20M for him. All the others were either dead wood first team players leaving or academy players not worth to me what the clubs offered.

pre-season

Decent enough friendly run to get going.

August 2028

august

A disappointing start to the season, but bounced back strong and hopefully got a thing going now.

august-league-table

august-EL-draw

Actually a little bit of a tough draw for the Europa League, but we should be able to get to the knock out rounds together with Spurs.

On 08/12/2019 at 18:16, john1 said:

Doing brilliantly so far :thup: Apart from being mauled by Lyon :(  Who is their manager?

On 08/12/2019 at 20:12, SRL88 said:

oof. Rough defeat to Lyon, but looking good still

Thanks guys, the Lyon defeat was rough indeed but as long as I can keep the wins going against the rest of the league! This is the Lyon manager:

lyon-manager

As Mourinho is PSG manager my two rival teams at the top are managed by Portuguese. Lage's "tends to" section sounds almost like my style..

December 2028

december

Back to FM to wash away awful memories of last night's real life results.... Rebounded very well after that Lyon loss with a perfect month, Most of these were small wins but could and should've been more, we need to be more clinical.

december-penalties

My GK won us the penalty shoot out!

december-league-table

As Lyon actually is dropping some points now we're in second, but keeping up with PSG is going to be very very tough. Still though, a nice 8 points lead on 4th placed Rennes.

december-EL-group

Sucks to just finish on second, with a better goal difference as well...

december-EL-draw

French match-up, always a bit disappointing not to face a team from abroad in the continental competitions.

Edited by MarcxD

January 2029

january-departures

Quite the month, as I broke the record for biggest sale yet. Benedetti has been a key player for the last calendar year but I am not quite yet in a situation where I feel comfortable rejecting such an offer, as it'll mean I can invest that money in the club/multiple new players.

january-benedetti

january-arrivals

I have signed Benitez as his short-term replacement and hopefully Robert Koster from Ajax long-term (he's 17). The other players are forthe future, except for Borovicanin who will play as new GK.

january

Still doing well, it would be nice to have some more comfortable wins though.

january-league-table

March 2029

march

Definitely lucky to get away with those games against Dortmund, but the genius who scheduled two PSG away games 2/3 days after both those games, wow. Nice.

march-EL-draw

Another French match up next...

march-league-table

march-youth-intake

Mediocre at best.

march-yp10a

172 cm, jumping reach 5 and strength 7 for a striker. :herman:

17 hours ago, john1 said:

Decent last few months :thup: Such a shame another meh youth intakes :( 

Thank you. It's a shame, maybe just being in PSG's backyard is a problem, or just bad luck. Quite happy I've allowed myself to use the transfer market this save :lol:

April - May 2029

april

A decent month all things considered, facing Lille in Europe and in the league as well as Monaco and Lyon in the league and not losing any of those games. We did lose the first leg of the EL semi final against Chelsea but we still have a decent shot at going through with a home win.

may

And.. well... May was ****ing amazing. Not only did we demolish Chelsea at home, we went for a full perfect month and absolutely smashed Spurs in the final.

may-price-money-2

may-icon

Finally an icon.

may-league-table

We did finally manage to get second place, even with a final sprint by Lyon. Definitely made a big step forwards this season, very excited now to battle for the title within the next couple of seasons.

may-price-money

Season Review 2028-2029

Honestly an amazing season - can't really look at any negatives except for that one Lyon game perhaps. PSG beat us in the league and in the cup, so finally now I'm up to the big challenge of the save: overtaking PSG.

post-season-purchase

Perhaps this will help us not being 50% full at domestic home games. 

post-season-coefficients

post-season-EL-toty

post-season-Ligue-1-toty

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-squad

Player values have skyrocketed after the EL win, I can definitely foresee some big things happening over the summer. The core of the squad is strong though and able to grow, with many of them quite young. Added with the talents in the B squad and on loan, the future looks bright indeed. 

post-season-table

3 hours ago, kingjericho said:

Great! It seems the team has taken that difficult jump to title contenders.

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

Congrats on the Europa league. Whooping Spurs was definitely a surprise.

Thanks guys, that Spurs result definitely was surprising yeah. Awesome when that happens. Really hope to be able to challenge for the title next season. A win against PSG would be nice.

Pre-Season 2029

pre-season-prediction

pre-season-incoming

As I expected, it was a busy summer. I already had quite a bit of money to spend thanks to the Benedetti sale last season, and some more players left for decent sums. I have a lot of transfer budget left still. 

Key/first team signings are Lee Price for free, he will be a starter at AMR. Van Dijk rotational option in attack, Ramirez a new goalkeeper, Silvio a new AMC (and at only 18 I'm hoping he'll develop into something special), Tarensi a new left back, Cantalapiedra a new central defender. 

pre-season-departures

Too many departures to fit on the screenshot, including the loans of course. Some big sales, of which the two biggest were to rivals Lyon. I did not doubt much about selling Cellerino to them as he doesn't seem to be very consistent and I have a few very talented strikers at the club. Matsima will be a loss and a boon to Lyon, but that offer was just fantastic.

Gasparini, Achatz & Alvarengo were let go to make room for new players, and we've outgrown Gustavo & Méndez. Too bad about Mendez, as he has been with the club for many years, joining us in Ligue 2. 

You've gotta be ruthless some times.

pre-season-rejected

There could've been two 50M+ sales, as Maestre who I've signed for 275K !! last year from Real Madrid B had a chance of going to Bayern but decided to stay. Perfectly happy with that.

pre-season

Decent enough preparation.

August 2029

august

Just missed out on the two supercup trophies, we were close both times. It does show we are making steps forward, but aren't quite where we want to be yet. A strong start in the league though, especially the ridiculous 7-5 victory over Lyon.

august-league-table

august-CL-draw

Good CL draw, we should be favorites here really.

September 2029

september

Fantastic month, as we are still perfect in the league and a 6-0 away in in the CL is never expected.

september-league-table

Then when you think you're really smashing it you see PSG at the top of the table with zero goals conceded after 8 games.:lol:

October 2029

october

We got past the big test of PSG, and beat them for I think the first time in the entire career. Went for a more counter style approach which paid off. Still perfect...

october-league-table

And PSG didn't just lose to us, but twice more... so things are definitely looking amazingly good right now.

4 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

Wow! Definitely huge improvements recently. Are you still using that 4-3-3 posted some pages back? Your defensive record remains decent, at best.

I went back to the tactic I started the save with which is certainly not set up for an ideal defense, because I wanted to score some more goals 

tactic1

I don't really use the 3 CM option anymore, but I do sometimes switch to this next one in hard away games (pretty much just PSG, Lyon and European games, I used it in most of the EL knockout away games last year)

tactic2

December 2029

december

First points dropped int he league, but still going smoothly... Would like to score more goals though, we definitely should be able to with the chances we are creating.

december-league-table

december-CL-group

december-CL-draw

Look at that. Nice job Slaven Bilic, current Ajax manager. We'll be beating you.

december-intake-preview

:seagull:

After a few saves I just couldn't get into I stumbled upon a save with Red Star I really enjoy. Started unemployed, took over the job in October when they were at the bottom of the league, just narrowly became champions with only 63 points. Now in the pre-season of season 2. Thinking about making it one club save, it seems a pretty interesting challenge, with a nice long term goal of pushing the posh PSG from the throne as the number one club in Paris. Will be following your thread and see if I can outdo you ;-). Just read the first 2 seasons, will now complete my second season and then read further.

On 13/12/2019 at 16:39, Kick Wilstra said:

After a few saves I just couldn't get into I stumbled upon a save with Red Star I really enjoy. Started unemployed, took over the job in October when they were at the bottom of the league, just narrowly became champions with only 63 points. Now in the pre-season of season 2. Thinking about making it one club save, it seems a pretty interesting challenge, with a nice long term goal of pushing the posh PSG from the throne as the number one club in Paris. Will be following your thread and see if I can outdo you ;-). Just read the first 2 seasons, will now complete my second season and then read further.

Hey man, that's great to hear. Let me know how it works out for you.

On 13/12/2019 at 20:06, HugoLazgo12 said:

So is Red Star Series Is Gonna To End

Nah, not for a couple of seasons yet at least, I'm building a young squad so I want to see where it's going even if I win the title this year.

On 14/12/2019 at 13:48, john1 said:

Starting to run away in the league now ;) Hopefully you can keep going into second part of the season :thup:  Good thing you managed to avoid big teams in CL draw :D 

Thank you! 

On 14/12/2019 at 09:52, deltablue said:

This is a lot like my current season when we've suddenly become unstoppable ;)

Long may it last for the both of us!

January 2030

january

Ah, disappointing. Out of the cup and first loss in the league. Away at Lyon, one of the hardest games of the season. 

january-upgrades

january-league-table

january-incoming

I signed two players, Calderón a talent for the future and King a rotational option in attack.

january-rejected

He was mostly purchased as a replacement for Thomas, a young player who's only back up really but some big money came in for him... but he decided to stay.

january-outgoing

In the end I did decide to send him out on loan to give him some more steady minutes.

january-Simons-offer

There was a huge offer for Simons, but I think I already sold enough of my players to Lyon this season... besides, he is a key player in the team so I would want at least 75M.

February 2030

february

Decent recovery, although we are not quite as convincing as we were last year, some quite close games which could've gone the other way.

february-league-table

With a lead of 5/8 points I definitely have a feeling this could very well go to the end of the season.

March 2030 + Intake

march

A very good month, although except for PSG the opponents in the league weren't of the highest caliber. A great win in the CL against Ajax.

march-CL-draw

Can't really complain about this draw either, looking at the other teams in the competition.

march-youth-intake

I was already warned this wasn't going to be a great intake, and it isn't. But it could be worse, and it's exciting to see so many different nationalities. Including the first ever Andorran player! As I usually do my manager has Andorran nationality.

march-yp11h

Of course he is not amazing but for an Andorran he honestly is pretty good.

Season Review 2029-2030

Incredible season in the league, and still only just ahead of Lyon and PSG, proves how hard it's going to be to repeat this success next year. A very big shame to miss out on the CL due to PSG of all teams, just have to go again.

post-season-moty

post-season-toty

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-squad

post-season-table

Edited by MarcxD