Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
_Ben_

[FM20] Tequila and Mariachi?

Recommended Posts

Champions League Draw

97f9df8eca84ee738a65482aa28d1407.png

Genuinely, we'll do well to make it out of there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the explanation, is definitely something I am looking to experiment with based on my own saves especially with now having more time to play a save! 

Tough looking group, best of luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RageMaster said:

Thanks for the explanation, is definitely something I am looking to experiment with based on my own saves especially with now having more time to play a save! 

Tough looking group, best of luck. 

No problem - once I found the printscreen function, the world has been my oyster!

If you start a thread about your save - make sure to @ me so I can see what your data analysis is doing! I'm always wanting to develop the way I play my save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Transfer window big spenders

8f604924117b76b46fffe67d693a5600.png

Watford are continuing to make themselves heard as 'one of the big clubs' and, to be fair, they're getting there:

bdf1424fcaf4463368620bb6d7c3774e.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Watford have become strong as the years have gone by in my 4 long term saves I've had this year.

I echo @RageMaster thanks, I've been wondering how you and others created your data analysis. I may look to incorporate that in future threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for sharing your data analysis tips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Yeah Watford have become strong as the years have gone by in my 4 long term saves I've had this year.

I echo @RageMaster thanks, I've been wondering how you and others created your data analysis. I may look to incorporate that in future threads.

 

2 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

Thank you for sharing your data analysis tips.

In that case then - I can only apologise for not making it clear earlier!

There is no way I have the patience to sit and colour each Excel box based on the colour of their attribute in game. I think I found out about this method two years back and I've never looked back! I'm really interested in seeing how other people approach it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commercial Income

a0e37ab796c50068dc9ca425e5211027.png

We might be improving on the pitch, but we are still way off these big teams off it. This is the real challenge...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Producers of top players

5f9915006c09c12308c98377abd43386.png

No movement from last year but there are several players in the pipeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi Ben,

I have been following your progress over on FM Now and have followed you here  

I’ve adopted something similar after reading your thread, I track a club DNA based on similar key attributes but I’m not yet at the stage where I’m actively using that for anything. 

I also use the print screen function to export the in digital player attributes for key tactical roles I currently use within the team. 

I then have separate tabs per role with every player in my squad listed along with their attribute totals relevant to the role and an average. I then have an overview page which pulls the average for each player and each position through. I can then see which players are better suited to which role and have had a good amount of success retraining using this. 

It  also helps with scouting too as I can find out exactly how much better a player is than what I currently have although that process is still manual. I’m having to plug attributes in manually for each tactical role which is very time consuming - have you been able to find a way to use views on the shortlist to pull player attributes?

Edited by adamskii152

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, adamskii152 said:

Hi Ben,

I have been following your progress over on FM Now and have followed you here  

I’ve adopted something similar after reading your thread, I track a club DNA based on similar key attributes but I’m not yet at the stage where I’m actively using that for anything. 

I also use the print screen function to export the in digital player attributes for key tactical roles I currently use within the team. 

I then have separate tabs per role with every player in my squad listed along with their attribute totals relevant to the role and an average. I then have an overview page which pulls the average for each player and each position through. I can then see which players are better suited to which role and have had a good amount of success retraining using this. 

It  also helps with scouting too as I can find out exactly how much better a player is than what I currently have although that process is still manual. I’m having to plug attributes in manually for each tactical role which is very time consuming - have you been able to find a way to use views on the shortlist to pull player attributes?

Hi @adamskii152 - I seem to remember your name from The Dugout, too?

I have tinkered with the 'position and role' percentage thing before but never really got too far with it. Hence why I kind of already decide their position and role and then copy their attributes into the row. I would be interested in seeing what you have made though if you can share some screenshots?

To be completely honest, I've never actually screenshotted from any other page than the landing page for the squad - some of that is due to trying and failing in the past! What I have done though - and this works well as my shortlists, in this game, are generally small, is pull up the view on the squad page of the player I want to sign and copy their attributes that way. It's not ideal and I have to screenshot each club individually, but it's a bit quicker than it would be manually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah I was on the dugout too!

Heres the overview page which pulls the average score for every player against every role I use or may use. 
 

second one is the underlying data - all attributes for Wing Back - Attack with a total and average score for each player. 
 

It’s quite rudimentary and nowhere near as developed as yours but it’s working really well in my save so far so just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration!

I hadn’t thought to use the attribute views on other clubs squads. That will be a big timesaver, thanks again!

93890920-DF58-4C2F-82E7-2463D79593E6.jpeg

12003836-0B61-4C4A-86D4-F512723CB055.jpeg

Edited by adamskii152

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

July/August/September 2036

863d63a839daa0081c094b9b393d3274.png

We kicked off our season with a trip to New York in our first ever overseas tour. We didn't learn a lot tactically and missed a few of our younger players who were busy earning a Bronze medal at the Olympics. 

The season started really well and it's a strange position to be in because our play, aside from two areas, has been utterly breathtaking. Working on playing out from the back, transitions, pressing differently - all of those things are great, but we have, seemingly forgot how to finish and how to defend. Whether that is because we've taken out both our general Attack and Defence schedules and, as such, have forgotten the basics - I don't know!

On the flip side - at least we're unbeaten!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, adamskii152 said:

Yeah I was on the dugout too!

Heres the overview page which pulls the average score for every player against every role I use or may use. 
 

second one is the underlying data - all attributes for Wing Back - Attack with a total and average score for each player. 
 

It’s quite rudimentary and nowhere near as developed as yours but it’s working really well in my save so far so just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration!

I hadn’t thought to use the attribute views on other clubs squads. That will be a big timesaver, thanks again!

Very interesting - thank you.

I see that you've created an average from all of the important attributes for the role. I did this kind of thing too to get a 'role generator' as such - adding all the attributes and then weighting (1.5x for a key attribute and 1.25x for a useful attribute) then dividing by 36 (total attributes). I found the set up to be incredibly time consuming and it didn't show me any more than I could kind of gauge with my eye!

Your set up looks good and I'm glad its working for you.

Just a note on using the attribute view for other clubs - if you use attribute masking, you can't do anything until you've got full knowledge as Excel will convert them to dates!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

International recognition (at youth level)

eca8ccd7f59e6641860ba2dc46d05941.png

Positives:

  • Over 50% of the Spain u21 starting line up from their last game was Guadalajara players.

Negatives

  • Only two came through our own youth setup.
  • We still are vastly under represented at senior level - with only Fulvio and Quique Garcia making the squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Defining our style of play

8b3c4e3e60803075bb4ed397b440042a.png

I wonder whether we are becoming a little more vertical, especially in the opposition half (that may be because I have two aggressive runners and a F9 who doesn't always drop deep) but this is an example of a fantastic bit of play leading to a goal.

We won the ball back but with the 'hold shape' instruction ticked, we sensibly have built up play from the back. What you can't see here is just how many of the opposition players have been pulled out of place - with our goalkeeper, Fulvio, comfortably by-passing their offensive players a number of times. The interplay at the bottom of the screen, between centre back Fernandez, right back Jorge Navarro and inside forward Quique Garcia drew a midfielder and the full back out of place, meaning a simple ball through the gap would allow Ronaldo in. I back him to finish those chances and he did.

We may be a little more vertical than intended at times like this but the football is scintillating, when it goes right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Defining our style of play

8b3c4e3e60803075bb4ed397b440042a.png

I wonder whether we are becoming a little more vertical, especially in the opposition half (that may be because I have two aggressive runners and a F9 who doesn't always drop deep) but this is an example of a fantastic bit of play leading to a goal.

We won the ball back but with the 'hold shape' instruction ticked, we sensibly have built up play from the back. What you can't see here is just how many of the opposition players have been pulled out of place - with our goalkeeper, Fulvio, comfortably by-passing their offensive players a number of times. The interplay at the bottom of the screen, between centre back Fernandez, right back Jorge Navarro and inside forward Quique Garcia drew a midfielder and the full back out of place, meaning a simple ball through the gap would allow Ronaldo in. I back him to finish those chances and he did.

We may be a little more vertical than intended at times like this but the football is scintillating, when it goes right.

It looks absolutely beautiful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Very interesting - thank you.

I see that you've created an average from all of the important attributes for the role. I did this kind of thing too to get a 'role generator' as such - adding all the attributes and then weighting (1.5x for a key attribute and 1.25x for a useful attribute) then dividing by 36 (total attributes). I found the set up to be incredibly time consuming and it didn't show me any more than I could kind of gauge with my eye!

Your set up looks good and I'm glad its working for you.

Just a note on using the attribute view for other clubs - if you use attribute masking, you can't do anything until you've got full knowledge as Excel will convert them to dates!

Yeah I’m just going with the total attributes for the Role divided by the number. No weighting involved so it’s really just a copy and paste each summer. 
 

Like I said, it’s a bit rudimentary but it’s good to see who could be retrained elsewhere or how each player improves year on year. 

I tried to add in a previous year rating to compare but because the squad changes each year and the formulas are based from an alphabetical list it became a little unmanageable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/04/2020 at 14:43, _Ben_ said:

No problem - once I found the printscreen function, the world has been my oyster!

If you start a thread about your save - make sure to @ me so I can see what your data analysis is doing! I'm always wanting to develop the way I play my save.

I will do, I just need to find a team for a long term save as have been flirting around with teams but nothing is sticking for more than 2 seasons. Forgive me if it's already covered and i've missed it but what do you look for when picking a team to manage? I like the idea of managing in Italy, Spain and France but I get frustrated at the little money on offer if your club is not competing in the Champions League after a few seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Defining our style of play

8b3c4e3e60803075bb4ed397b440042a.png

I wonder whether we are becoming a little more vertical, especially in the opposition half (that may be because I have two aggressive runners and a F9 who doesn't always drop deep) but this is an example of a fantastic bit of play leading to a goal.

We won the ball back but with the 'hold shape' instruction ticked, we sensibly have built up play from the back. What you can't see here is just how many of the opposition players have been pulled out of place - with our goalkeeper, Fulvio, comfortably by-passing their offensive players a number of times. The interplay at the bottom of the screen, between centre back Fernandez, right back Jorge Navarro and inside forward Quique Garcia drew a midfielder and the full back out of place, meaning a simple ball through the gap would allow Ronaldo in. I back him to finish those chances and he did.

We may be a little more vertical than intended at times like this but the football is scintillating, when it goes right.

Lovely! I had to check back on your tactic. How does the overlap left and right pan out. Do the IWB drift in to outside your inside forwards or...?

If you don't mind, a GIF will be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally caught up after the last few days and have to say im truly immersed in this save. After reading the last few of your saves, i thought how could they be better and i think this one has.

Ive always wanted to go with no attributes and youth only sort of save over the years but last few editions haven't quite got a save going. Any tips on how to approach such a save as ive seen thats something you've enjoyed doing.

Never be able to getting FM to copy screen until now so thanks for that tip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RageMaster said:

I will do, I just need to find a team for a long term save as have been flirting around with teams but nothing is sticking for more than 2 seasons. Forgive me if it's already covered and i've missed it but what do you look for when picking a team to manage? I like the idea of managing in Italy, Spain and France but I get frustrated at the little money on offer if your club is not competing in the Champions League after a few seasons. 

I really don't have a set way - I just kind of settle on a country and go from there. Here is a list of some of my old saves in this style:

First Vienna - I fancied a league with a small number of teams. This is a really old team from the capital city.

BX Brussels - Came across them by accident. Vincent Kompany, in real life brought them, so I set about trying to get him to the club and did, as a DoF.

Beira-Mar - I wanted a team from an under represented area of Portugal and this fitted really well.

San Marino - I wanted to push the whole foreign youth recruits as far as I could with an ex-patriated club.

Guadalajara - I needed a change of colour and purple was that!

---

To be fair, a lot of my games come from research and reading about football. Next game, for example, will probably be with Manaus from the Brazilian rainforest or one of the teams below the Vanamara North/South because their league has been annulled this year.

---

Be sure to post up some ideas if you want a second opinion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sherifdinn_ said:

Lovely! I had to check back on your tactic. How does the overlap left and right pan out. Do the IWB drift in to outside your inside forwards or...?

If you don't mind, a GIF will be nice.

It's really good actually. With overlap on both sides - when I have the ball on the left, he overlaps the IF and the right sided IWB tucks in.

I was trying to get a gif for that but we had the ball for over a minute (the recording was 27 seconds long) and also I was really stuck trying to get it uploaded. I'll see what I can do for future goals!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, syemo said:

Finally caught up after the last few days and have to say im truly immersed in this save. After reading the last few of your saves, i thought how could they be better and i think this one has.

Ive always wanted to go with no attributes and youth only sort of save over the years but last few editions haven't quite got a save going. Any tips on how to approach such a save as ive seen thats something you've enjoyed doing.

Never be able to getting FM to copy screen until now so thanks for that tip.

Many thanks @syemo!

To be fair - my games only get immersive once I know all of the players and my own vision for the club - which is normally a couple of seasons in. Therefore, I tend to fly through the first bit, not paying a huge amount of attention (I don't think I started the youth player tracker until the fifth season for example) to what is going on.

I also find that posting about it get's me into it more as I like to keep up the gameworld story!

I'm really glad I've been able to help so many people with the print screen feature!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

It's really good actually. With overlap on both sides - when I have the ball on the left, he overlaps the IF and the right sided IWB tucks in.

I was trying to get a gif for that but we had the ball for over a minute (the recording was 27 seconds long) and also I was really stuck trying to get it uploaded. I'll see what I can do for future goals!

Excellent! thanks for the the insight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Developing the DNA (again!!)

Once again, taking inspiration from @Mikaelinho and how he measures specific increases rather than just general increases - I've spent the last few hours building some add on's to both the DNA screen and completely redesigned the Youth Development screen:

01981e6360da7b11d95473e6bcd13694.png

The circle rating was a little clumsy to be fair and didn't really serve a purpose - so I have upgraded it.

Firstly, I've added the mean of attributes as that is something that I'm monitoring over the course of the save - trying to work on the total football philosophy of no weak areas and, as such, areas that would pull the average down.

Next up, I've created a formula to track their attributes against the important attributes for that role. The formula is largely pointless as it is just my measure - but I've added the numbers, divided them by twenty (as the attributes are out of 20) and multiplied by 11, as that is how many there are. The score is then calculated as such:

(Fir + Fin + Pas + Tec + Ant + Cmp + Cnt + Dec + OtB + Vis + Agi)/20 * 11

If I had a player who had 20 for all of those attributes, it'd be (20*11)/20*11 giving a maximum score of 121. I think this is a relatively small number that is completely inconsequential and means absolutely nothing aside from a measure of progress or suitability for my game. There are many other factors to be taken into account such as the rest of the attributes but, based on those 11 DNA attributes - it rated Escobar as a decent centre back:

1dd8a84393c795f4909a992cba529420.png

In a parallel universe, you've got yourself a decent LIB(a) there!

---

Possibly the biggest change has come to the Youth Development tab, which I use to track my youngsters in their first year at the club. This screen needs a massive tidy up but I've worked really hard, with the help of Google and some massive formulas, to create this:

33724e5fe72cb7b30ec49a441980c361.png

NB: You can ignore the data - it compares intake day to November so isn't accurate - just gave me something to check my formulas with.

It works the same as before - the same screenshot is taken and is dropped in to the cells, now lost behind the frozen columns. I've kept a few attributes on show but I've found that I really don't look too much at the attribute averages for every attributes, which took up a lot of space on the old screen.  I have added a rank of the players based on the mean of their attributes at the start. This is a little thing but makes it a bit clearer to me who is the best and worst. I have also added the same attribute rating system that I'll be using in my first team (above) and the development squad. This is less about raw numbers here but more about progress numbers, which I'll explain in a second. To the right - and the bit that has caused the most fuss I've ever had - a formula pulls the top three and bottom two average attributes for the cohort. So, you can see that this cohort is quite technical, but lacking any good finishers, nice and quick but very weak.

At the end of the season, I copy and paste the attributes in again and it updates (as I said - this is from November so the actual data can be ignored). The mean attributes remain the same and I've added a growth column there too. The DNA columns show how much a player has developed in each area of the pitch. Take Dani Barreda for example - a winger who I've been retraining as a full back. He's made really good progress to being a better full back - which is nice to track. I've then re-added the top three and bottom two - (slight issue when the value is the same as you can see in the Technical column as Fin and Pen have the same value but can't get it to ignore duplicates!) So what can I see since intake day - Decisions is improving really well as is strength, even if it's still at the bottom.

---

Going forward, I'm thinking of adding in a 'biggest developer' area for mental, technical and physical attributes - but that will come at some point. I also need to make it look a little nicer and test it out with a few bits of data over the season.

What is more - I need to press continue on FM as it's still on the same game day as it was nearly 18 hours ago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated Player Development tab

502022de2475f59d0745216d07fa0c43.png

So, I've tidied it up and added a few things:

  • I can now see which areas have developed the best or not at all - this can help me spot trends in training and coaching areas.
  • I have listed the players who are most suitable for each area of my team at the start of the season and then comparing their growth at the end of the season. This'll be taken up largely with those who develop best but it'll be interesting to see.

---

Now to make sure any new data added doesn't break this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Updated Player Development tab

502022de2475f59d0745216d07fa0c43.png

So, I've tidied it up and added a few things:

  • I can now see which areas have developed the best or not at all - this can help me spot trends in training and coaching areas.
  • I have listed the players who are most suitable for each area of my team at the start of the season and then comparing their growth at the end of the season. This'll be taken up largely with those who develop best but it'll be interesting to see.

---

Now to make sure any new data added doesn't break this!

This is pure gold!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Change of personality

fa3f5b386f65eb753b16dba2d647d844.png

Not sure how or why this is different but I've gone from 14/Unambitious to 18/Determined. I have not completed any coaching courses or done anything different in the press.

I am not complaining though as I'm hoping that this will have a massive link to the personalities of linked players within the youth intake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you turn down any job offers/interviews when you were 14/Unambitious?  I found that turning down job offers/interviews has impact on your ambitiousness rating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mikaelinho said:

This is pure gold!

Thank you! Really pushing what I can get from the game at the moment. Considering that the base of this was already here from FM19, I wonder what else will be built on to it in the future!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

Did you turn down any job offers/interviews when you were 14/Unambitious?  I found that turning down job offers/interviews has impact on your ambitiousness rating.

A couple, yeah, but not as many as you'd expect for a manager who has overachieved for much of the save!

I've looked back through the inbox and can't find anything that has happened in game that would have led to the change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youth Development Tracker

With my creative juices flowing, I've had a play around with my overview page, which is where I keep all the data from the now 70 players I've tracked through their first season at the club. Not much has changed but I've managed to build in an auto-updated growth tracker, based on personality - the big thing that I've been looking at:

0248a2096fd13d4f061ab3412cb71c19.png

56 players through with another 14 to be added at the end of the season and the majority of personalities included in the list, although I have a Jovial player this year that'll I'll have to re-update this for.

I'll have a look into this in more detail once I've added the data from this season.

---

promise the next update will actually contain information about football!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Youth Development Tracker

With my creative juices flowing, I've had a play around with my overview page, which is where I keep all the data from the now 70 players I've tracked through their first season at the club. Not much has changed but I've managed to build in an auto-updated growth tracker, based on personality - the big thing that I've been looking at:

0248a2096fd13d4f061ab3412cb71c19.png

56 players through with another 14 to be added at the end of the season and the majority of personalities included in the list, although I have a Jovial player this year that'll I'll have to re-update this for.

I'll have a look into this in more detail once I've added the data from this season.

---

promise the next update will actually contain information about football!

Screw football! Moar spreadsheet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikaelinho said:

Screw football! Moar spreadsheet!

EXCEL MANAGER!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

October/November (and one from December 2036)

59feb2d03fb2ae5da956cda6bbf526bb.png

Back to the game!

I was a little out of skew last season with the updates but if you look back to the 19.12.2035 - we were sat on 31 points, from 17 games (1.82 PPG compared to 2 PPG this season), having scored seventeen times and conceded eleven. Carlos Alberto was out top sorer with six goals and the tagline was 'style over substance.'

I can't believe how far we've come in a year! Real are having a poor season and, once they climb back above us, I really think we are the fourth best team now - overtaking the likes of Atletico, Valencia and Sociedad as the best of the rest.

We've been in good scoring form and it's been shared out between our players - Neyveson: 6, Ronaldo: 5, Quique Garcia: 5, Ruimar Evaristo: 3, which is great news and things that we are putting into place - particularly set piece practice (Lyndson has six assists this season already, beating his tally from the whole of last season) - shows that things are just clicking. What is more, we are about to get through our Champions League group, despite really using it as a purely rotational time for our team.

----

As we progress through January, I may allow Miguel Angel Villalba to move on, as he's unhappy at lack of playing time. He's a stalwart and my first ever youth graduate to make the first team but has really fallen away of late. I'm toying with replacing him with:

2c25a4674d0ee6e6544f792a8809dd3e.png

Pros:

  • Comparison. He's a better player!
  • A lot more rounded in the DM role, but young enough to play back up for Villasanti.
  • Not an area I have much/any depth in aside from Martelli but he's too young still.

Cons:

  • Would cost €22.5m
  • Doesn't hold a Spanish passport so I'd be bending my rules to sign him.

 

Edited by _Ben_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/04/2020 at 12:21, _Ben_ said:

Updated Player Development tab

502022de2475f59d0745216d07fa0c43.png

So, I've tidied it up and added a few things:

  • I can now see which areas have developed the best or not at all - this can help me spot trends in training and coaching areas.
  • I have listed the players who are most suitable for each area of my team at the start of the season and then comparing their growth at the end of the season. This'll be taken up largely with those who develop best but it'll be interesting to see.

---

Now to make sure any new data added doesn't break this!

That’s impressive! Can I ask how you’re arriving at the role suitability? You’ve listed FB/CB/DM/MC/FE but what attributes are you selecting to give you those values? Take it you’re not using specialist roles or anything?

I also spend less and less time looking at specific attribute values - I really need to figure how out to get rid of them in game. 
 

I can’t imagine how complex some of those formulas are but it’s giving me some inspiration!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daniel Barreda must be the apple of your eye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, adamskii152 said:

That’s impressive! Can I ask how you’re arriving at the role suitability? You’ve listed FB/CB/DM/MC/FE but what attributes are you selecting to give you those values? Take it you’re not using specialist roles or anything?

I also spend less and less time looking at specific attribute values - I really need to figure how out to get rid of them in game. 
 

I can’t imagine how complex some of those formulas are but it’s giving me some inspiration!

The suitability is simply a 'score' given made by the totals of attributes I want for each role - as defined on the 'club DNA' screen:

216b517f3960e5c443b692293194476d.png

For each area of the pitch, I picked some attributes that I felt were important and the score reflects that. For example:

Carlos Alberto

His score of 79.2 as a defender comes from (and I didn't know these attributes!):

(Fir (15) + Hea (13) + Mar (16) + Pas (12) + Tck (15) + Tech (14) + Ant (12) + Cnt (14) + Dec (18) + Ldr (17) + Pos (15) divided by 20) multiplied by 11.

The 20 is the number that the attributes are ranked out of and the 11 is the total number of the attributes looked at.

---

So, from that - I've decided that Carlos Alberto fits really well into the central defender role of my game, but from there, I choose his role and duty based on the rest of his attributes. Some changes are simple - looking at Alberto vs Ropero, for example: I'd never use the latter as a BPD as his passing is weak so he's 'ok' (he's getting replaced soon!) in that area but plays a different role.

---

To try and use a few words instead of a lot of words, as I seem to normally do,

This tool is not so much role suitability but more area of the pitch suitability. Once I know where they fit best, I will individually allocate roles and duties within my tactic based on what suits them/our style of play best.

---

As for some of the formulas, Google has been my friend! Here is a couple from the youth intake page:

c145abcb77df240d2128a28d3d0d3ab8.png

The Index one has been particularly tough to get my head around but I think it's worked!

Edited by _Ben_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Daniel Barreda must be the apple of your eye.

Oh yeah! Where do I start?

  • Best player from a youth intake
  • Model Citizen
  • Top Media Handling
  • Opportunity to retrain to a completely different position (which he's done very quickly)
  • Massive potential

ca15b9bc03d3631bbe95b95744119439.png

He's, hopefully, going to be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youth Intake Preview

0bddc1c1b787c34ded03cfbf03b8e5e7.png

Not quite a 'golden generation' but I'm hoping for a much more rounded intake than last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Youth Intake Preview

0bddc1c1b787c34ded03cfbf03b8e5e7.png

Not quite a 'golden generation' but I'm hoping for a much more rounded intake than last year.

Seems like a fairly well-rounded lot!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Player Sale

8c916c1cbe7c38757b59bde59849a74d.png

A little bit of a silly one, here. Andrea is a good player but I've not renewed his deal for ages, hence the low release clause. He's willing to talk but wants upwards of €80k p/w (which would make him the highest earner at the club) and he just isn't good enough for that. The problem is that I don't have ready made replacements, so I'll promote Dani Uriate to the first team. He's not good enough, to be fair, but he's a Model Citizen, has performed fantastically well for the B side and really was my original 'outdone the original star rating' player.

It does mean that I'm in the market for a new central midfielder. Claudio Lopez, pictured earlier in the thread, will replace Alberto Ropero when he moves on in the summer so this may mean I don't move for Lé as three new players in one window goes against the kind of continuity I am trying to promote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mikaelinho said:

Seems like a fairly well-rounded lot!?

I think five 4* prospects would outdo one 5* prospect at this point - as it's just more to play with and look through when developing them. I'm hoping for some good personalities as well this year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also good thing to remember that 4* now is probably 150-160 PA so it's definitely a first team material potential for a contender whilst 4* few yrs back would be material for first team potential for a relegation team.

 

You're tempting me to go full excel manager with my save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rosque said:

Also good thing to remember that 4* now is probably 150-160 PA so it's definitely a first team material potential for a contender whilst 4* few yrs back would be material for first team potential for a relegation team.

 

You're tempting me to go full excel manager with my save.

Exactly, yeah! 

We are still yet to produce a truly world class player through the academy (although there is Almansour who is looking every bit potentially that good) but four La Liga class players would help set us up in the long run much better.

---

Please go fully Excel! I'm really interested to see other people's interpretations of using the data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

December 2036/January 2037

b1e934aea5a962386fcbdfb496feaafc.png

We are still flying, despite a couple of poor results and one particularly poor performance away at Getafe.

December was great - taking four points from the big two, including a fantastic hattrick for youth product Mejia, including two direct free kicks, was great and really shows that we are getting closer to them. It may not be Real we chase next season though, given Sevilla's fantastic run, which included a win away at Barca in an almost Champions six-pointer. 

January has been hard on the legs but we picked up some more silverware, doing a double in less than a month over Real to win the Supercopa, with Quique Garcia finding some good form. We're looking a little less solid at the back at the moment so my plans next month involve pushing a little more organisational defensive training.

---

We face PSG in the first knockout round of the Champions League next month. They aren't the titan they used to be but this is going to be a really tough tie for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Please go fully Excel! I'm really interested to see other people's interpretations of using the data.

If I didn't have a family and job obligations I would probably wander into Football/Excel Manager wonderland never to be seen again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reaaaaaaally tempted to go full Excel since I'm now in Prem with Bolton and got fair few youth players that I have developed playing pivotal roles and have gone full-on Chelsea buying everybody that can kick a ball with a foot and is under 19 (85 players OUT on loan) and free-ish. Would help with filtering out players, especially youth. Well, under 19 since avg age of 1st team is 21 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rosque said:

Reaaaaaaally tempted to go full Excel since I'm now in Prem with Bolton and got fair few youth players that I have developed playing pivotal roles and have gone full-on Chelsea buying everybody that can kick a ball with a foot and is under 19 (85 players OUT on loan) and free-ish. Would help with filtering out players, especially youth. Well, under 19 since avg age of 1st team is 21 years.

Wow, it certainly sounds like Excel would come in handy here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...