[FM20] Where the Danube Flows - Danube Delight (Slovakia)

B.W.G

Danube League Reputation

UhEcNu1.png

Only real downside is that Romania has fallen in the rankings for a second successive season as they now sit in 23rd.The next lowest are Hungary and Bulgaria who are both the only other Danube nations who's top league is rated at 3*.Ukraine were the only other nation to drop as they dropped two places but they lost those places to Croatia and Austria.Slovakia were the biggest risers as they moved up to 13th which is a six place rise.With the Danuube nations getting better,it now looks like a race to see who can overthrow Netherlands and Portugal first.

As I'm in Slovakia,the two wins in Europe last season have seen them rise significantly in the league rankings.This has now affected the qualification places as Slovakia now sit in ninth and have seen big changes in their European places. (Romania are sat in 22nd,they are the only Danube nation not in the top 20!)

aoULk5z.png?1

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, zethani said:

Very impressive improvement of the Hungarian league, do you mind if I ask if magyar clubs accomplished anything of note in the European competitions so far?

Great career by the way!

I'll list the current top flight Hungarian Clubs who have been in Europe and their best performance as there have been some interesting ones.

Diósgyőri - Europa Conference League - Group Stage (2026/27)

Fehérvár - Champions League - Group Stage (2024/25), Europa League - Group Stage (6 Times!),Europa Conference League - Quarter Finals (2027/28)

Ferencvárosi - Champions League - Group Stage (2028/29),Europa League - Group Stage (4 Times),Europa Conference League - 2nd Knockout Round (2025/26)

Honvéd - Europa League - 3rd Qualifying Round (2019/20),Europa Conference League - 3rd Qualifying Round (2025/26)

Kisvárda - Europa Conference League - 2nd Qualifying Rounds (2 Times)

Mezőkövesdi - Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round (2020/21),Europa Conference League - 2nd Knockout Round (2027/28)

Puskás Akadémia - Europa League - 3rd Qualifying Round (2020/21),Europa Conference League - 4th Qualifying Round (2024/25)

Szolnoki - Europa Conference League - 2nd Qualifying Round (2028/29)

I've not started the 29/30 season properly yet but Fehérvár and Ferencvárosi will start in the Champions League,Mezőkövesdi will be starting in the Europa League while Diósgyőri and Szolnoki will be in the Europa Conference League.

Interesting, a solid presence in the Europa League group stage and some rare forays in the CL. Not much luck in Conference League though, guess thanks to the rampage of a certain Slovakian club :brock:

They're time will come, hopefully. 

11 minutes ago, zethani said:

Interesting, a solid presence in the Europa League group stage and some rare forays in the CL. Not much luck in Conference League though, guess thanks to the rampage of a certain Slovakian club :brock:

They're time will come, hopefully. 

The Hungarian teams have been unlucky in the Conference League,both Szolnoki and Fehérvár were knocked out by Slovan Bratislava last season.Mezőkövesd were knocked out by AZ and Ferencvárosi were knocked out by Man Utd in their Conference League campaign so the the draws have been unfair on them.

For once I have nothing to do with it as I've not faced a Hungarian team in the Europa Conference League :lol: