[FM20] Where the Danube Flows - Danube Delight (Slovakia)

B.W.G

On 18/12/2019 at 04:48, B.W.G said:

October 2027

Fixtures

HqiSN8I.png?1

League Table

eJVt4cz.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Another brilliant month as we won every game this time,we now have a two point lead at the top and we have games in hand on the chasing two.The 7-1 win over Astana means we currently sit on seven points going into the last three games of the group stage so we stand a good chance of getting through.We also made easy progress in the Slovnaft Cup as we beat Myjava 4-1 with a much rotated team.Only downside to this month is that our injury list is still at four,two of these are different players and we have had a lot of little injuries in the build up to games which has been frustrating but we've managed so far.

Another five games in November which sees us play three in the league and two in the Europa Conference League.In the league we face Nitra,Senica and Trencin,my only aim is to keep going like we are as we are far exceeding the expectations of fighting bravely against relegation,we are lacking the depth so I am expecting to drop points at some point has the fitness on the players is dropping a lot.In the Europa Conference League we face Astana and FCN (Danish team I can't spell!),if we can pick up four points from these two games then we will be playing in Europe next year which will be a bonus for ourselves and Slovakian football!

Its all too easy, promoted to Champions?!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In most of the "Smaller" Leagues it is much to easy to become the dominant club. It like playing King of the Hill. Once your on top you usually have the finances to keep replenishing your team for its "real" challenge Champion's League.

The problem is that the Squad Building AI of this game is far behind what any Human Player would do. I think it transfers players just to have transfers to simulate a transfer market. All you have to do is watch top players move between the big clubs.

If AI Big Clubs aren't good at squad building (especially after the real players are gone) do you think smaller teams have a chance.

Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed playing every version of this game since 2014. It helped me become soccer fan!

16 hours ago, Kingofcm03 said:

Its all too easy, promoted to Champions?!

Still pretty close going into December as we did eventually lose in the league.

9 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Okay, did you just download a tactic and run with it or...

I use three different tactics,4-4-2 tiki-taka for the smaller teams,4-3-3 tiki-taka for the more difficult games and a 4-3-3 Gengenpress for European games.

Also as @Hootieleece pointed out,it's easier in the smaller leagues to become the dominant team due to AI squad building not being as good as human squad building thus being able to dominate domestically for a long time.

I also have 32 players in the first team that I am able to rotate to keep the team fresh so there isn't really a problem for fitness.Although I do believe the squad building with the AI seems to be a bit better this year as the teams in European competition tend to have a bigger number of players to pick from than those just in domestic competition.

November 2027

Fixtures

PczRVZi.png?1

League Table

Nwx1xCK.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Picked up two wins from three as we lost to Trencin of all teams which means I've lost to 8th and the draw was against 11th!We're still top of the league but Dun.Streda are still right behind us which is surprising as it means we aren't completely dominating although Slovan have had a poor month and have fallen a but behind.In the Europa Conference League,we won both games we beat an ill disciplined Astana 8-0 (they would go on to lose 10-0 to Ludogorets in the next game!) and also beat FCN 3-1 despite being 2nd best for the majority of the game,this means with six points we have qualified for the next round along with Ludogorets.

Three games in December,two of these are in the league and one in the Europa Conference League.In the league we face Skalica and Slovan Bratislava.Skalica we should be able to beat quite easily but Slovan may be a bit more difficult as form tends to go out of the window when it's a derby match.In the ECL we face Ludogorets in the final group game,if we win or draw then we will go through top,if we lose then we will finish in second.First place means we will go straight through to the 2nd Knockout Stage while 2nd place will go into the first Knockout stage with eight teams from the  Europa League.This means I will want to win or draw as I don't fancy playing an extra two games this season!

txsx55q.png?1

Having a takeover isn't going too well at this moment in time,David Novak comes under local businessman.I Wonder if I pray to the FM god's,will I get a tycoon takeover as I've never had one in FM!

Edited by B.W.G

Youth Intake Preview

BaOYTgv.png?1

This is the best Intake I've had in a while,a lot more green than usual.Weirdly,the number of points on the preview is higher than it has been in recent seasons both here and at Mainz!

December 2027

Fixtures

c7xQ7D3.png?1

League Table

Qe1jIGq.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We were solid in the league as we won both games but we're still not able to shake Dun.Streda off as they are still two points behind us but we do have a game in hand on them.As for the Europa League,we lost to Ludogorets which means we came second in the group and will have to play in the first knockout round of the ECL,we were 2-0 down at one point but we couldn't keep the positive play going.To top it off,we couldn't even be the top scorers in the group as Ludogorets scored 26 in 6 games while we got 23 goals in 6 games!

January is a month of friendlies as I want to get the match fitness back before the second half of the season starts.I wouldn't expect to see anything in the transfer window as I'm happy to keep the squad as it is then start to change things in the Summer as I will need to increase the strength in depth to the team.I am also hoping we finally get our takeover as that it is getting to be annoying now as it never seems to end!

ZAjjdKK.png?1

8z8Tbxo.png?1

Takeover is now complete,it's only a local businessman which is quite disappointing as they don't put in a lot of money although he has given us £3.6 million in transfers and has also given us an extra £11k p.w for wages.

February 2028

Fixtures

RIU7TnA.png?1

League Table

MYRabN5.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We won all four league games as we opened up a seven point gap so all those friendlies we played in January and the one in February helped keep the fitness levels up.It's not over yet as we will have to face all the big teams when the league splits so I will enjoy the easier games for now.In the ECL,we narrowly beat Dinamo with a 3-2 aggregate win as we move onto the 2nd Knockout Round.The only downside is that with so many games in so few days,we've started getting a lot of suspensions and niggling injuries are starting to slowly affect us so I'm not sure how much longer we can keep this going.

Four games in March at the moment.Two of these comes in the ECL where we will face Belgian side Standard and I am not expecting anything out of this as they have a much stronger team than ourselves.In the Slovnaft Cup we face 2.Liga side Zlate Moravce,I will have to rotate the team for this game so it is up in the air at the moment but I think we should be good enough to get through.We have one league game in the regular stage and that comes against Dun.Streda,if we win that then I feel destiny will be in our own hands as that would give us a ten point lead.We should also have three games in the Championship group but I have no idea who we will be facing.

March 2028

Fixtures

lcV2xNW.png?1

League Table

Wqb2A1X.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Picked up six points from nine in the league as the lead dropped thanks to our thrilling 5-4 loss to Dun.Streda which was settled by a late penalty,we responded well by winning the next two games.In the ECL,we beat Standard 8-4 on aggregate,the draw was a fair result in the first leg while we took advantage of the numbers game in the second leg as they were reduced to ten men (they still scored twice with ten men!).As for the Slovnaft Cup,we easily beat Dubnica in the first leg which means we can rest some in the second leg as we are coming up to a very busy period of the season.

April has eight games so we are in for a busy time.We have five games in the league and we will be facing Dun.Streda,Michalovce,Slovan Bratislava,Zilina and Trencin,it's pretty close at the moment as Dun.Streda are only six points behind in the league so it is still pretty close at the moment,if we're still top two then it will be great but ideally I want to be in first as it is worth more in the long run.In the ECL,we will be facing more Belgian opposition in the form of Genk,another tough game but this season,the Danube nations are running the ECL!We also have the second leg of the Slovnaft Cup,we have a 4-1 lead over Dubnica so we should be able to finish them off with relative ease.

R1Y4KSv.png?1

As I mentioned,Danube nations are taking over the ECL with six of the eight teams being from active leagues.It could have been better for us but AZ just about got past Hungarian side Mezokovesd.

Europa League is a bit out of the reach of Danube nations as Red Star and Red Bull Salzburg were knocked out in the 2nd Knockout Round which means Red Bull Leipzig are the only remaining team from a Danube nation in the quarter final.

Champions League is three German teams (Bayern,Schalke and Mainz) in the quarter finals,no other nation made it to the knockout stages.

April 2028

Fixtures

Nq3N9u2.png?1

League Table

VAS8WgL.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well let's get the rubbish news out of the way,we lost the Slovnaft Cup final to Dun.Streda,it's annoying but it is what it is.In the league we picked up nine points from twelve but we weren't too convincing in any of the games as they we secured a late victory against Zilina and left it pretty late against Slovan,we even managed to lose against Michalovce after dominating them.High point has come in the ECL as we beat Genk 4-1 on aggregate,we were then drawn against Ludogorets who topped our group and we won the first leg 4-1 so we are in a very strong position going into the second leg.

Five games in May at the moment as we play four in the league and one in the ECL.In the league we face Dun.Streda,Trencin,Slovan Bratislava and Michalovce.With four games left to play,we have a ten point lead so we only need to win one of the games to clinch the title.We also play in the second leg of the ECL semi-final,we have a 4-1 lead over Ludogorets but we will need to do a professional job to ensure we get through to the final.As for the final itself,it is more than likely the winners will face AZ (they currently lead Austria Vienna 4-0 in the other semi-final.) in the final.

Edited by B.W.G

18 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

The Possibilities are there for a great season. ECL Champions would prove a windfall for the club, but generate Big Club interest in your players.

It's been great so far,just getting to the final which has already provided a windfall as we now have over £10 million in the bank.Only two players are attracting big club so far,most of the interest has come from other clubs in the Danube region but like you said,that could change if we win the competition.

May 2028

Fixtures

48WA8bj.png?1

League Table

IcAk7lk.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We finished the season off in an epic fashion as we won every game in the league and won the ECL to make it a treble for the season.In the ECL we drew the second leg with Ludogorets but that was enough to see us through while we actually easily beat AZ in the final which was surprising but it means our finances are now at £18 million after netting £7 million from the final.We finished our league campaign with four wins and a nice gap of 21 points.Hopefully this is the start of our dynasty but we will have to try and keep the players together to ensure that happens.

End of Season update to follow then onto season three with Inter Bratislava.

oDVRKjm.png?1

Interesting result,Schalke being the runner-up in the Champions League means they qualify as a nearly man team so this could be a interesting team in the future.

Edited by B.W.G

HX8IvYr.png

FK Inter Bratislava - Super Liga - End of Season - 2027/28

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Nine players were released and only three of these would go on to find other clubs.Four players left on loan,I'm hoping that their performances would attract interest from clubs so we could possibly sell them at a later date,we sold two players for a combined fee of £5.75k while another left to join another club on a free.We signed 13 players for a combined fee of £16.75k, as my aim was to strengthen the first team a lot as I looked to surpass the boards expectations.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3 - Schedule 4

Competitions

Super Liga - Winners

WEsFeV5.png?1

We came in and dominated but this is thanks to human squad building vs AI squad building as I'd be able to build a team better than they do.We were the best team by far this season but there is quite a significant gap between the third and fourth placed teams.We set new records for points and goals as the 4-4-2 worked a treat against the lower league teams.My next league aims are an unbeaten campaign and to carry on as I want this to be the start of a dynasty.

Europa Conference League - Winners

TgJKAQv.png?1

We beat Feyenoord (5-3 on aggregate),Dungannon (14-0 on aggregate) and Marseille (4-1 on aggregate).We then came second in the group behind Bulgarian side Ludogorets which meant we qualified for the first knockout stage.In the knockout stages,we beat Dinamo (3-2 on aggregate),Standard (8-4 on aggregate),Genk (4-1 on aggregate) and Ludogorets (4-1 on aggregate).As for the final itself,it was a deserved win as we were the better team against AZ,this was our third trophy of the treble for this season.The ECL was also a sign of Danube nations improving as the quarter finals had 6 teams from the Danube nations.

Slovnaft Cup - Runners-Up

cfQnFjH.png?1

We beat Teplicka,Lipany,Myjava,Zlate Moravce and Dubnica on the way to the final.As for the final itself,we were way below our usual standard as we failed to get into the game as it was a deserved win for Dun.Streda and this leaves a bitter taste in my mouth as I know we can do better.

CS Superpohar - Winners

LgBAiBV.png?1

I didn't even know this was a competition till this season,it features the Slovakian cup winners vs the Czech Republic cup winners.We dominated this game and it was a deserved trophy as we beat them quite easily.This is probably because the Czech Republic leagues are on view only so they are not as detailed as other leagues which would also help explain the one sided affair.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

Squad

KxsGKPy.png?1

Peter Seman

Tomas Garaj

Eduardo Garcia

William Appiah

Juan Ardiel Ochoa

Manager's Thoughts

What an epic season as we nailed a treble and showed that we are a force to be reckoned with in Slovakia,the ECL win was an additional bonus as it gave us an increased windfall but the real challenge will start from next season as we will playing in the Champions League.At this precise moment in time,we are nowhere near the standard to win that at our first attempt so I will be looking to get to the group stages as that will net us quite a bit of money.I am lucky the board haven't decided to turn the club culture into a buy to sell club as it means I don't have any real pressure in keeping the current set of players unless they want to move.

Next season will see quite a busy transfer window as everyone whose contract is up will be leaving with no questions asked as I want to increase the quality of the depth of the team,with this I will be looking to buy lower CA/High PA players as these will give us a bit of time to develop and with the training facilities being completed next season,this will help in the development of the players.With regards to other upgrades,the youth facilities are being upgraded and will be completed 18/9/28,the board have also agreed to upgrade the junior coaching and youth recruitment which are positive signs for the future.The first step has now been taken and now we will go to new heights to try and make Slovakia a more known name in European football.

pRBonwG.png

Edited by B.W.G

c4MiPqR.png?1

I knew this was eventually coming as we needed a new stadium to meet the stadium requirements of the league.I know it doesn't mention it in the actual screenshot but we will moving into the new stadium on 2/7/2030.It only has a capacity of 3,925 but that will hopefully have the option to expand it,the stadium also comes with a 5 year sponsorship so that is a bit of extra money at £187k a year which means a bit of extra money for the coffers.

Commercial Summary

Kbw9arC.png?1

We're heading up in the right direction with green arrows galore,only downside is that we now only have one sponsor so there will be less renewing going on in the future,but it is worth more than the other three combined from last season!

Danube League Rep

bb7sdkH.png

Despite having the most red for a season since 24/25,the overall performance has been better as there is only one nation outside of the top twenty and surprisingly that is Romania who sit in 22nd!My performance in the ECL played a major part of Slovakia sneaking into the top twenty but the big news is that there are four Danube nations in the top ten!I do believe if it wasn't for AZ's performance in the ECL then Ukraine probably would of ended up in 7th,I think Ukraine,Austria and Croatia still have a bit of work to do before they can overhaul Portugal (6th) before they start the long haul of catching the likes of France and Italy.

Edited by B.W.G

13 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Great season. Congrats on the Conference league title. 

Thanks! Great to see we were best of the bunch in the latter stages as I felt anyone of the last eight could have won it,hopefully we will see the Danube nations push towards the Europa League in the future.

Edited by B.W.G

HX8IvYr.png

FK Inter Bratislava - Super Liga - Pre-Season - 2028/29

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released

Seventeen players released as they were surplus to requirements and I couldn't be bothered to renew their contracts if they were not going to stay for much longer as I wanted their wages off the books.One player did find a new club before hand so Baran had at least played well enough to have a club pre-arrange a transfer for him.Eight players came in as I wanted to strengthen the depth in the team which we have done,I didn't want to sign Laouredi (he is costing over £5k p/w!) but due to a severe injury to my right back,I was forced to sign a new one as the pre-arranged transfer for full back isn't arriving till January!

Club Vision

D3fxu1S.png?1

Pre-Season Fixtures

FZdmJlO.png?1

It was a great pre-season as we managed to keep morale high and get the new players used to the system I play so that is a massive positive going into the new season.As you can see,we also played HJK in the Champions League qualifiers which saw us win 15-0 on aggregate and move onto the 2nd Qualifying Round where we will face Swedish side Hammarby.

The Team

Tactic A - Tactic B - Tactic C

Gk - Sweeper Keeper - Support

mwx9cWn.png?1

DR - Wing Back - Attack

YiYarNj.png?1

DL - Wing Back - Attack

PcsdmQm.png?1

DC - Ball Playing Defender - Defend

KNYSYtr.png?1

MR - Inverted Winger - Attack

k3TigvH.png?1

ML - Inverted Winger - Attack

Bzh5mEq.png?1

MC - Mezzala - Support

aaZ4an5.png?1

MC - Deep Lying Playmaker - Support

vbiX8cv.png?1

ST - Pressing Forward - Support

NslI5bJ.png?1

ST - Advanced Forward - Attack

u3vlJSC.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

I've done what I set out to do and that was to strengthen the team which is what we have done and it's just as well as the board have turned the pressure up on as they want us to win the title while reaching the final of the Slovnaft Cup,it's only the Champions League where they are not too ambitious as they want us to reach the third round which we are in for a really good chance of doing as we face Hammarby in the second round who we should be stronger than.Although  we have a bit of a minor set back as our first choice left back Stefan Sevic will be missing for between 5-8 months due to a damaged spine while our first choice right back Ferenc Kocsis will be missing for up to two months due to broken ribs so that did mean we have overpaid for a couple of players as I was desperate to get them in to fill the gaps.

We will be getting our training facilities and youth facilities complete this season which is a step in the right direction for us as I want to make Inter Bratislava the biggest in Slovakia before trying to take the top European Spot.My contract is up next season and I am pretty confident that I will be able to get it renewed unless I mess up massively when it comes to domestic football.I think we will be able to challenge for the Champions League from 2031 as that will give me time to develop the players as well further develop training and youth facilities as that will be a step in the right direction.Time to begin the long haul towards Europe's biggest prize.

July 2028

Fixtures

THFF5C2.png?1

League Table

Qo7HH3d.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We carried on being the bane of Scandanavia's Champions League hopes as we knocked out Hammarby 7-0 on aggregate so at least they performed better than HJK did!In the league,we have won all three games but we have been quite poor when it comes to performing in the second half which at this moment in time looks like a motivation issue,if we perform like this in the Champions League then we will be punished by the better teams.

Six games in August at the moment but this has the potential to go up to eight.In the league we face Ruzomberok,Slovan Bratislava,Skalica and Trnava,it still too early to decide on what we are aiming for but we will get a better picture in the league in a couple of months.In the Champions League qualifiers we face Sarajevo,if we win that then we will face the winners of Genk or Astana,I actually think Sarajevo will be a tough challenge then Genk or Astana as I beat the both of them in last seasons ECL.My aim is to try and qualify for the CL groups as that will net us a lot of money just for appearing.

We got through to the group stages of the Champions League and we netted another £13 million for doing so.The group is as follows...

i4VxyWS.png?1

I think we can get results against Fenerbahce but even getting third will be a struggle.It could have been worse though,we could have been Ferencvaros....

4ufxpyI.png?1

Now that's a group of death for the Hungarians!!

Group Draw (Danube Nations in Italics)

Group A: Liverpool,Schalke,Juventus,CSKA Moscow.

Group B: Bayern Munich,Shakhtar,Ajax,Lille

Group C: Inter Milan,Real Madrid,Borussia Dortmund,Dinamo

Group D: Mainz,Chelsea,Napoli,Ferencvaros

Group E: Man Utd,Sevilla,AC Milan,Benfica

Group F: Barcelona,Roma,Fenerbahce,Inter Bratislava

Group G: Paris SG,Atletico Madrid,Red Star Belgrade,Red Bull Salzburg

Group H: Tottenham,Porto,Rijeka,Monaco

Total Danube Representatives: 11/32 (That is some nice progress made by the 10th season!)

August 2028

Fixtures

46vCESL.png?1

League Table

XK5rFGc.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

This month belonged to Antonio Figueroa who netted ten times.We picked up ten points in the league as we only dropped points against Slovan Bratislava so it was a very positive month for us as we opened up a five point gap at the top of the table.In the Champions League,we easily beat Sarajevo 9-0 on aggregate before we beat Genk 4-0 on aggregate but the Genk game could have been a different story if they finished their chances in the first leg as we only had ten men on the pitch as Nagy was sent off.The big thing to note this month has been the quality of our defence as we conceded once in August.

Seven games in September and that will see us play four league games,two Champions League games and a Slovnaft Cup game.In the league we play Poprad,Michalovce,Trencin and Nitra,my aim is to carry on as I think we are now at the point where we will dominate the Super Liga.In the Champions League we face Barcelona and Fenerbahce,I generally believe we can get a result against the Turkish side but I think we need more than just prayers against Barcelona (How are they the 2nd seed!?).In the Slovnaft Cup,we face a much smaller club in Filakove,however we do have eleven players missing due to international commitments so this could be a bit more difficult than expected has a lot of second string players will be playing and they haven't had much game time together.

September 2028

Fixtures

t412ZIh.png?1

League Table

5Lueldl.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Another brilliant month in the league as we picked up ten points from twelve as we moved six points clear at the top of the table,the draw against Michalovce means that we have now drawn more games than we did in the league last season.In the Champions League,we put in a brave performance against Barcelona before we fell short and we then destroyed Fenerbahce in front of 45,541 people which is good for us if Fenerbahce fail to win any games.We also progressed in the Slovnaft Cup as we beat Filakovo 8-0,I was worried about this game as we were missing eleven players but I shouldn't of been worried at all with the way we played.

Five games in October,three are in the league,one in the Champions League and one in the Slovnaft Cup.In the league we face Zlate Moravce,Dun.Streda and Zilina,my only aim is to carry on how we have started this season.In the Champions League we have an away trip to Roma and I am not expecting anything from it as they are actually the first seed of the group.In the Slovnaft Cup we face Podbrezova,we should have more than enough quality to beat them and I will be putting out as strong as team as possible to ensure we actually do so.

October 2028

Fixtures

2qXvCGn.png?1

League Table

aPtRCrs.png?1

Manager's  Thoughts

Our really impressive league start continued through October as we won all three games and opened up a eleven point gap at the top of the table so it looks like it will take a monumental effort from the other teams to catch us.The Champions League was a surprise as we drew 1-1 with Roma,this would have been a different game if Andrea Pinamonti had scored the penalty and put Roma 2-0 up,rumour has it that the ball is still in orbit.The most difficult game outside of the Roma match was actually against Podbrezova,the second tier side actually gave us  more of a fight than most top flight teams and we even had a very strong team out so it was a bit of surprise to see they are in 7th in the second tier!

Five games in November,three in the league and two in the Champions League.In the league we face Slovan Bratislava,Skalica and Ruzomberok,we will be top of the league no matter what happens during November but I am hoping to carry on with the strong performances we have put in so far.As for the Champions League,we face Roma and Barcelona,my expectations is to aim low and if I get anything then it will be a bonus for us.Even if we lose both games,if Fenerbahce lose both games then we qualify the Knockout Stages of the Europa League!

November 2028

Fixtures

89RXj4I.png?1

League Table

ZbRe5kx.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well we won two out of three in the league as we lost to our rivals Slovan which is really annoying.Even though we lost to Slovan,we are still thirteen points clear at the top of the table thanks to brilliant victories over Skalica and Ruzomberok.In the Champions League,we lost both games so we are out of the Champions League but we are in the Europa League as Fenerbahce also lost both games and we have a four point advantage with one game to go.We could have got a point against Roma but we couldn't hold out as we had a player sent off in the 82nd minute before they score the winner in the 93rd minute.Barcelona just battered us from start to finish so 3-0 was a fair result.

Two games in December,one is a league match while the other is our final group match in the Champions League.In the league we will face Trnava,they are struggling at the bottom and look almost certain to be in the bottom two so we should win the game but we will be top no matter what happens.In the Champions League we will face Fenerbahce,we have already qualified for the Europa League but I still want to win the match as it is worth quite a but of money for us,we do have the home advantage so I hope we can play well in front of our fans.

Youth Intake Preview

5ZfcE0C.png?1

Well that is terrible,the only way I will mention it is if the winger is rated at 3* PA or above.Also this comes after having the youth facilities finished as well as Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment upgraded (apparently!).

December 2028

Fixtures

ij2XWLF.png?1

League Table

nGc4uaz.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We won both games in style in December.The 5-1 win over Trnava left us thirteen points clear at the top of the table going into new year so that is a really strong position to be in.As for the Fenerbahce,we beat the Turkish side 6-1 which means we finished off in third in the group with seven points and will move onto the Europa League Knockout stages in the new year and will face Italian side Atalanta in February.

January is a bit of a nothing month as we will be playing nine friendlies to keep the match fitness up.The transfer will also open but I'm not wanting to change anything as we have one player coming in who was signed during the summer and will join when his contract is up on the 10/1,other then that the only way a player will be sold is if the board do it and that is unlikely at the moment as we have £29.6 million in the bank.Roll on February!

February 2029

Fixtures

x4zyKUm.png?1

League Table

nvPNX1h.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

First a bit of transfer news,Peter Seman has left to join Tottenham for £31 million,not ideal but it sets us up for a long time.We bought in two players to replace his position,Issiaga Camara replaces Seman's MC position,he cost us £60k from Horoya AC as he was in the last six months of his contract,I wasn't willing to wait for him to join.Covering Seman's MR position is Serbian player Djorde Miljkovic,he cost us £475k from Vozdovac,he is a full Serbian international so it is a brilliant signing for us!

Excellent start to the second half of the season as we won every game of the month.In the league,winning all four league games as seen us finish the month in first with a ten point lead.In the Europa League we beat Atalanta 7-2 on aggregate,this means more progress for us and it should help us move up the European rankings,we'll probably still be fourth seed if we're in Europe next season but we will much closer to being third seeds!

In March,we have four games at the moment due to the Championship group not starting yet.In the league we finish the regular stage off with a game against Nitra which I will be rotating as we have big games on either side but I am confident we can win the title again as we have such a good lead.In the Europa League,I fear our run is coming to an end as we will play Real Madrid in the second knockout stage,the Europa League is ridiculously strong this season as remaining teams include Real Madrid,Man City,Arsenal and Lyon (WTF!?).We also play in the Slovnaft Cup quarter final where we will face Zilina,we shouldn't have too much trouble against them and I am confident we can beat them to progress.

March 2029

Fixtures

5tEZpel.png?1

League Table

gYrfsTd.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The league saw us pick up ten points from twelve as we sit at the top with a thirteen point lead but we have played a game more than our nearest competitors,the only game we dropped points in was the game against Slovan but it was a highly competitive game so a draw was a fair result.We were the providers of a massive shock in the Europa League as we dumped out Real Madrid with a 4-1 aggregate victory,we had a massive advantage in both games as they had players sent off in each match and even with that Real Madrid finishing was poor in the second leg as they had 30 shots but only scored once!We played twice in the Slovnaft Cup,we easily beat Zilina in the quarter finals before we edged past Slovan in the first leg of the semi-final in what was another competitive game.Slovan are fast becoming a team I never want to lose to,I can really get into the Bratislava derby!

April has seven games at the moment!Four of the games are in the league in which we will face Dun.Streda,Slovan Bratislava,Trencin and Nitra,my only aim is to keep doing what we are doing as we aren't that far off from retaining the title.In the Europa League we face Dynamo Kyiv (Kiev),this is one of the more winnable games so I do believe we will be able to progress,the winners will then face Lazio or Rijeka so a possible reunion with a old club of mine could be on the horizon!We also play the second leg of the Slovnaft Cup,we have a small lead of 2-1 so we will need to be at our best to progress,they have the home advantage so it could be a tricky affair.

I do.

The 4-3-3 only gets used against the bigger teams in the league (Slovan Bratislava and Dun.Streda) and if I need to try and preserve a lead in Europe which I start a match off with 4-4-2 before going 4-3-3.

IcxxaRu.png?1

Now this is what it's all about.Facing my former team in the semi-finals but this also means a team from Croatia or Slovkia will be in the final of Europa League.Rijeka in the Europa League have knocked out Napoli,Valencia and Lazio to get this far!

April 2029

Fixtures

IpBKTcG.png?1

League Table

X3X9nyM.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The league saw us win the title by winning three of the four games in April,our one loss came at the hands of Dun.Streda which was annoying as the match was settled by an own goal in the 95th minute!We also won the Slovnaft Cup to make it a double for the season as we finished off Slovan Bratislava in style before hammering Trnava in the final.As for the Europa League,we have one foot in the final as we beat Rijeka 3-0 in the first leg of the semi-final which is brilliant for ourselves.Also with help from our two trophies we won,there are better player options as possible signings which is brilliant as that is avenue to look at when it comes to pushing towards the Champions League trophy.

Five games in May at the moment but this has the potential to be six.In the league,we finish our campaign with matches against Zilina,Nitra,Dun.Streda and Trencin,these games don't really matter now as we have won the title but I would like to win them all to end the season on a high.In the Europa League,we play the second leg of the semi-final against Rijeka,we have a 3-0 lead going into the second leg so we will need a professional performance to see us through as they do have a really good squad at their disposal so anything can happen.The winners of our semi-final will play Arsenal or Sevilla in the final, (Arsenal lead 3-0 on aggregate),either way the final will be a tough affair for ourselves or Rijeka no matter who we face.

3 hours ago, B.W.G said:

I do.

The 4-3-3 only gets used against the bigger teams in the league (Slovan Bratislava and Dun.Streda) and if I need to try and preserve a lead in Europe which I start a match off with 4-4-2 before going 4-3-3.

How do you ever get a 4-4-2 to work...

I use a 4-2-3-1 Wide mostly, but have 4-3-3 Wide and 4-1-2-3 Wide variations. I play the 4-2-3-1 Wide like 90% of the time. 

Reason I ask is because I think I am too defensive minded when trying that formation. (I think of Dyche's Burnley)

I've set it up as follows.

QM38ks5.png?1

In Possession

pCk9eBn.png?1

In Transition

TuRHGgK.png?1

Out of Possession

Qcot6hm.png?1

Sometimes I may have to change to a balanced mentality depending on who I face (usually Slovan) but attacking is what I usually use.I also tend to do the tactical briefings before games as I may need to change some things depending on how the opposition plays.

That's right.I have a habit of shortening team names if they use the place name.For example when I talk about Inter Bratislava they are Inter while Slovan Bratislava are referred to as Slovan.

Bratislava will be full of parties and one-upmanship after a remarkarble 24 hours for the City by the Danube and Slovakian football in General!

23/5/29 - Europa Conference League

7S4tzD2.png?1

24/5/29 - Europa League Final

gUTsmU7.png?2

Up yours Slovan!!! :D :D :D 

Edited by B.W.G

May 2029

Fixtures

ghUFz6l.png?1

League Table

E2zVLN3.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A remarkable month as we won the Europa League despite Arsenal being the better of the two sides so it was a gutsy performance from the boys which comes after losing to Rijeka in the second leg in a closely fought contests but we still went through thanks to the first leg.Elsewhere,we picked up ten points from twelve as we finished our league campaign off in style,the only dropped points was against Zilina and that is because my players failed to put on their shooting boots.

The end of season update is to follow then hopefully an answer to the question of what will happen to Slovakian football after the Bratislava clubs won their European title!

11 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Wow. Incredible progress in Slovakia

Honestly it is surprising as I was expecting for us to be on the receiving end.Arenal were better than us for the majority (they had 19 shots and 57% possession).Slovan on the other hand should of finished the match off way before the 91st minute,they also beat Hoffenheim in the group stage and the semis as well as knock Celtic out of the competition.

I think Slovakian football may move into the top fifteen when we see the reputation changes.

HX8IvYr.png

FK Inter Bratislava - Super Liga - End of Season - 2028/29

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Seventeen players were released which shows you how much deadwood there was as only five of the players released would go onto find other clubs.Eight players out on loan as they were not good enough for the first team while two others left the club to join other clubs on frees.We sold two players with the big transfer being Peter Seman to Tottenham for £31 million which is what the board accepted and they wouldn't let me protest the transfer.We bought in eleven players for a combined total of £3.1 million to give us a bit of depth to the team,this is now the bulk of the team as I only need to make one more signing for the first team.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3 - Schedule 4

Competitions

Super Liga - Winners

zTe7nA5.png?1

We won a second successive title as we asserted our dominance over the other Slovakian teams.Despite scoring more goals and conceding less,we actually finished with less points than last season,the points difference between the two seasons being three points.Things may get a bit exciting now that Slovan have quite a bit of money after winning the ECL so future seasons could get a bit interesting.

Champions League - Group Stages

tPHxzVO.png?1

We had a good run in the qualifiers beating HJK (15-0 on aggregate),Hammarby (7-0 on aggregate),Sarajevo (9-0 on aggregate) and Genk (5-1 on aggregate) to make it to the group stages.As for the group itself,we finished third which was good enough for a Europa League spot as picked up seven points.It will be quite a while before we can take on the big boys as they far outclassed us despite picking up a point against Roma.

Europa League - Winners

WHFoUCN.png?1

On the way to the final we beat Atalanta (7-2 on aggregate),Real Madrid (3-2 on aggregate),Dynamo Kyiv (3-1 on aggregate) and Rijeka (3-1 on aggregate).As for the final itself,we shouldn't of won it as Arsenal were actually the better team with regards to possession and shots but we used our possession more efficiently as we came out 2-1 winners.This win is massive for Slovakian football.

Slovnaft Cup - Winners

WnkdqUD.png?1

We beat Filakovo,Dubnica,Podbrezova,Zilina and Slovan Bratislava on the way to the final.As for the final itself,it was very one sided with the only downside that we actually conceded to Trnava who didn't even deserve that goal as they managed three shots in the entire game.It was a well deserved trophy win with how the boys played.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

eMZvzfE.png?1

Róbert Örn Ómarsson

Issiaga Camara

Milán Puskás

Achraf Laouredi

Andrés Olmo

Manager's Thoughts

it has been an amazing season,not just for us but Slovakian football as well as ourselves and our rivals Slovan clinched two of three European titles up for grabs (Atletico Mardid won the CL).Hopefully this will push up Slovakian football,hopefully it can break the top fifteen with this seasons performances,if it can make 13th position then that will raise the league to 3.5*.As for the club performance itself,we dominated domestically but we're still nowhere near good enough for the big boys when it comes to CL football,we have good coaches in place to help with the training but our facilities are lacking so all I can do is ask the board to upgrade training and youth facilities while also doing the same for Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment.If we can get the board to agree to all of these then it will be a better future for ourselves as at the moment we have the worse facilities setup in the league with exception to Junior Coaching.

As for next season,I want to carry on our form domestically so that will hopefully be another season of domination but Slovan Bratislava may prove to be a bit of problem as they will now have a bit of money due to winning the ECL.As for European expectations,I would like to carry on developing as I don't think our players are ready for challenging for the CL title,I think we could possibly do it in 2-3 seasons if they carrying on developing like they have.As for transfers,I will be looking in the 15-18 range as my youth intakes have been that bad,we are down to sixteen players and some of those are leaving when their contract is up.If the scouts pick up someone with 3* PA then I will be looking to sign them just to boost our numbers in the under 19's as well as develop them with the potential to play in the first team in the future.At the moment there are 6,115 players in the 15-18 range so I could be quite busy during pre-season!

PThw8rM.png

Commercial Summary

DqE8QKH.png?1

More green arrows as our finances have improved significantly.Only downside is that it doesn't show the £11 million we just lost because of "dividends".Weirdly,it also doesn't mention the new sponsorship we have received,we have a 1 year deal worth £400k for a continental competition which will expire on the 1/6/30.Give it another five season,if we can keep improving both ourselves and the league,we could make over a million a season in sponsors!

Edited by B.W.G