Sports Interactive Community
B.W.G

[FM20] Where the Danube Flows - Danube Delight (Slovakia)

zEm1zK2.png

1.FSV Mainz 05 - Bundesliga - Pre-Season - 2023/24

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released

Three players were released as they didn't want to sign new contracts and instead of just leaving,they stayed around till I had replacements lined up.Two players out on loan for developmental reasons while one left on a free which was pre-arranged before I arrived.Just the one player left the club,Pierre-Gabriel was just one of a number of players moaning as soon as I arrived at the club,he is the first to go and there are many more I am expecting to leave.We've had a busy transfer window regarding arrivals as we bought in eight players,seven of the players are for the first team while Sven Muller (released by RB Leipzig) isn't quite ready yet but will be in the first team from next season.I've started building from the back and next season will be mainly for attacking talents as I didn't have the funds for the attack so I went with the weakest area.

Club Vision

o2iLV1l.png?1

Pre-Season Fixtures

xwEiALB.png?2

Wasn't really bothered by the pre-season fixtures as I used them for fitness purposes as well as getting the players familiar with the tactics.The attacking side was good but the defensive side was a bit dodgy but I was still bringing in players for the team.

The Team

Tactic

Goalkeeper - Sweeper Keeper - Support

3AiRvmh.png?1

DR - Wing Back - Support

yc4QzUN.png?1

DL - Wing Back - Support

PR4DNVX.png?1

DC - Ball Playing Defender - Defend

ZBkgh8w.png?1

DM - Anchorman - Defend

cpTrtiI.png?1

MC - Box to Box Midfielder - Support

CX13OVx.png?1

MC - Advanced Playmaker - Support

HV3pgyr.png?1

AMR - Inside Forward - Attack

Jd4ofUE.png?1 

AML - Inside Forward - Attack

QlTdhB6.png?1

ST - Pressing Forward - Attack

qBCWDC1.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

I generally thought pre-season was never going to end with constant negotiations for players,other players whining and filling the staff positions up while trying to keep within budget but somehow I've got through it despite having a lot of hassle everywhere.Most of the signings we've made are in the defensive areas with exceptions to Bellingham and Muller who are for the MC position,I've had to make this a two year building project so the attacking side will be looked at next season.This could change if I sell one of my high valued attackers as that could allow me to get one or two players in although I did miss out on Ben Woodburn during the Summer.As for the staff,the only roles we are missing are Loan Manager and Technical Director so I am pleased with what I have done on that front.

As for aims this season,the board want me to avoid relegation and reach the third round of DFB-Pokal,I feel like both of these can be done quite easily although the latter is dependant on who I draw.The media are predicting us to finish 12th which seems a more realistic aim than what our board have given me but I will be hoping to sneak a top half spot.As for the club vision,the "sign players from the lower levels of the domestic game" is a joke as I didn't find anyone suitable or any player worth developing to coincide with the "sign players to sell for a profit".I will however be keeping an eye out for my academy players as we have several who can help give depth to the squad and two or three could be in or around the first team in 2-3 seasons.Time to get this show and hope the wheels don't fall off the bus.

Edited by B.W.G

11 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Bellingham is a good signing!

I'm honestly surprised he agreed to join us as Spurs were also in contract discussions with him.

8 hours ago, davehibb said:

Enjoyed catching up with this, a great read!

Thanks!

4 hours ago, KingRoyston said:

Loving this journey - awesome career so far!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, The J-Man said:

Really enjoyed reading this so far, hoping it goes well for you at Mainz, they're a great little club!

Thanks!It's started off alright but progress has been slow due to the buildup to transfer deadline day :lol: 

August 2023

Fixtures 

dLTYXH3.png?1

League Table

jMWLqQN.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Let's get all of the transfer discussion out of the way first,in the last fourteen days of the window we sold six players for a combined fee of £20.5 million and we are now down to three moaners who's time is ticking at the club.In the same amount of time we bought in four players for a combined fee of £10.5 million,we bought in a Bulgarian AMR,Japaneese ST,Romanian MC and a Spanish DR,the first three positions are for the first team while the DR was for backup purposes.I wan't actually going to buy a striker but I couldn't say no to Junpei Nakamura who is a wonderkid and we got him cheap due to him being in the last year of his contract.

As for the games themselves,on paper it looks good as we went unbeaten but the performances in all of the games had flaws.In the league we beat Fortuna Dusseldorf and drew with Werder Bremen with the latter having to see ourselves come back from 2-0 down after 9 minutes!The DFB Pokal match against Karlsruhe was really poor as we easily should have finished them off in normal time but I had issues with complacency during the game.Overall we get a pass this month but we need to improve if we are to stand a chance against the bigger teams.

Four games in September and all of the come in the league,we will face Bayer Leverkusen,FC Augsburg,Eintracht Frankfurt and Schalke 04.It's still early days so we will see what will happen first before I start making any calls about the rest of the season,the only game I really do want to win is against Frankfurt and that is because they are our rivals in the Rhein-Main derby.Hopefully we can pick some points up to keep us away from the relegation zone.

Bloody hell man, you're playing quick, I blink my eyes and it's been 2 or 3 seasons. :D Took no time dominating Croatia.

The German league is a big jump, what's the plan here, take Mainz to the top of the Bundesliga or maybe jump earlier if something shows up? Or maybe you don't have a plan yet?

I'm only asking because obviously the German league is the biggest through the Danube so from here going back to the other leagues would be a step down. Nothing wrong with that for the challenge, but I would've thought you'd save Germany for last. :) 

I'm quick but there are others who are much quicker than me :lol: 

It is a big jump and my first challenge is November and that is surviving the club elections as the President comes up with my vision so that may change if he loses the election.I'd like to stay here and the only team I'd actually jump to is Schalke as I've seen them play in real life although I would possibly do Dortmund as well,very little chance of me managing Red Bull Leipzig or Bayern Munich.

Don't worry,I've already planned out ahead for different challenges,the only reason I move to Germany is to get my rep up quicker which could help attract players if I'm playing in a lower ranked nation.

I've had the following ideas for the save : -

Project H.F.S (Hungary for Succsess)- Take a Hungarian team to Champions League success
Operation Clip the Wings - Overthrow Red Bull Salzburg to become the best team in Austria.
Operation Vienna Waltz - Find success with a side from Vienna
The Transylvanian Terror - Take CFR Cluj to Champions League success.
The Transylvanian Terror II - Take U Cluj to Champions League success.
Project Nearly Man - Go one better and get Partizan Belgrade a CL title.
Project Nearly Man II - Get Borussian Monchengladbach a CL Title.
Project W.S.M (We Still Matter) - Try to take a Slovakian Club all they way to show Slovakia still matters.
Operation Iron Curtain - Try to overthrow Shakhtar and Dynamo Kyiv in Ukraine
Are You From this Bulg-Area - Find European Success in Bulgaria.
Danube Delight (Germany) - Ingolstadt/Ulm (latter dependant on promotion) to World Champions
Danube Delight (Austria) - A Vienna or Linz club to World Champions.(If it's vienna then pick the rival team of Vienna Waltz)
Danube Delight (Slovakia) - Take Slovan or Inter Bratislava to continental success (depends on pick in Project W.S.M) 
Danube Delight (Serbia) - Take Vojvodina to continental success
Danube Delight (Hungary) - Take a side from Budapest or Gyor to Continental success
Small to big Club - 3.Liga to CL winners in Germany
Small to big Club - Iron curtain editiion - Take a Ukranian second divsion side to success
Small to big Club - Austria edition - Tak a Austrain second division side 
The Fallen - Take a fallen club back to success
The Fallen II - Take another fallen club back to success (based off what has happened in the save)

If anyone has other ideas then I'm more than willing to listen :lol: 

September 2023

Fixtures

siJixEC.png?1

League Table

SN9iOQg.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Pleased with this month as we picked up another five points as we finished the month in seventh place.I'm generally surprised we beat Bayer Leverkusen so that for me is a massive result in the season as that will help us survive.The draw against Augsburg was fair as it was even game while the derby against Frankfurt was one of annoyance and relief,our attackers failed to hit the target much to my annoyance while Frankfurt had a goal rule out via VAR much too my relief.The Schalke game we were supposed to play got moved back so that is now in October hence why we have a game in hand.

Four games in October as we play Schalke,Hoffenheim,Hertha Berlin and Borussia M'gladbach,not expecting much against Schalke or Borussia M'gladbach as they have a better side than us at the moment so  I will be looking for points and to heap more misery on Hertha Berlin and Hoffenheim as both of those teams are struggling quite badly at the moment.My aim for the month is a minimum of four points.

October 2023

Fixtures

Rg879bT.png?1

League Table

vDPejoz.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

That was a terrific month as we picked up ten points and we finished the month off in fourth place.We were actually only four minutes a way from winning all the games in the league but an own goals in the 86th minute against Schalke saw us drop our only points.The biggest surprise was the 4-0 win against Borussia M'gladbach as I wasn't expecting a much tougher match but looking at how they played in October,they are under performing.The DFB-Pokal match agaisnt HSV was a bonus match for October as it was moved to the 3110 as it was originally scheduled for 1/11 but we got £525k for it so no complaints off me.As for the match itself,we should have scored a lot more than one as we dominated them.

November is a really quiet month as we only play two games and they are against Stuttgart and Wolfsburg in the league.Wolfsburg are the toughest match of the month and they are right behind us while Stuttgart are another team who have been under performing so I will be careful of them as they could possibly turn there form around at anytime.Not overly bothered with what happens as we are quite a bit away from the relegation fight which is what the board wanted and I was aiming for a mid-table spot so we are over achieving in my eyes as well.My only concern is the election as I don't know what will happen if a new president come in so it's a case of wait and see.

New president has been elected which has meant the clubs vision and aims have changed.

svh2q2S.png?1

9WHsldN.png?1

Sign players under the age of 23 for the first team has been added to club culture but he wouldn't let me take out sign players from the lower levels of the domestic game.The only additional thing came as an objective for next season and that is become an established Bundesliga team which shouldn't be too difficult to achieve,this has been a fairly nice change in ownership but I would like one of the club culture targets removed as there isn't anyone good enough in that objective.

7 hours ago, B.W.G said:

Sunt repede, dar sunt și altele care sunt mult mai rapide decât mine :laugh out Loud: 

Este un salt mare, iar prima mea provocare este noiembrie și asta supraviețuiește la alegerile clubului, deoarece președintele vine cu viziunea mea, astfel încât să se schimbe dacă pierde alegerile. Mi-ar plăcea să rămân aici și singura echipă de fapt să sar la Schalke așa cum i-am văzut jucând în viața reală, deși probabil aș face și Dortmund, foarte puține șanse ca mine să administrez Red Bull Leipzig sau Bayern Munchen.

Nu vă faceți griji, am planificat deja mai multe provocări diferite, singurul motiv pentru care mă mut în Germania este să-mi trec reputația mai repede, ceea ce ar putea ajuta la atragerea jucătorilor dacă joc într-o națiune de rang inferior.

Am avut următoarele idei pentru salvare : -

Dacă cineva are alte idei, atunci sunt mai mult decât dispus să ascult :laugh out Loud: 

To take Dinamo Bucharest to UCL groups, because it has never been

November 2023

Fixtures

HezDBVC.png?1

League Table

VdUf0uF.png?1

Manager's  Thoughts

Not a lot to say as we only had two games which we won one and lost one.We easily could have scored more in the game against Stuttgart but things don't always work out like that.As for the Wolfsburg match,I just couldn't break them down and they had too much in attack.they line up with DM-DM,had no one in the MC position then had AMR-AMC-AML with a lone striker up front,I may have to have look how to combat a formation like that.Overall I'm still pleased as we sit in fourth for now which is a Champions League spot and I would have laughed at you if you told me that at the start of the season.

As for December,whichever computer came up with my fixture list needs smashing as we play Bayern Munich,Borussia Dortmund and Red Bull Leipzig in the same month!That is a harsh month so I do feel bad on HSV who will be having to face our side after facing Bayern as I will want to further their misery.My aim for the month is to beat HSV,any extra points will be a bonus!

Edited by B.W.G

Youth Intake Preview

sgEt0zZ.png?1

I wan't holding my breath about having a good intake but it is worrying to see more yellow than green.

December 2023

Fixtures

kcDZgVJ.png?1

League Table

M4Okaza.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well that was a surprising month as we picked up seven points from twelve as we finished the month off in fourth.The loss against Bayern was a bit harsh as we completely switched off for two minutes and they scored two goals in that time but other then that we held our own against them.We completely batter HSV and was a well deserved win before VAR saved us against Red Bull Leipzig as we would have lost without it.Dortmund was the best match of the month as we turned around a losing situation as we showed we can match the big boys and come out with a win.

January has four fixtures,one is a friendly while three are in the league.The friendly is against my old rivals Dinamo before we face Hannover,Nurnberg and Werder Bremen in the league.Not sure what to expect in the league as there is more than likely going to be a lot of chopping and changing as I will be trying to get rid of the high earning players who are not playing much and replace them with cheaper alternatives as we are leaking too much money.I would like to get six points as that will keep us in contention for a European spot but we will have to wait and see what will happen during a busy transfer window.

January 2024

Fixtures

6jTrJoj.png?1

League Table

iiJ7rSw.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

I said it was going to be a busy transfer window and it certainly was as we sold three players for a combined fee of £14.25 million,loaned two players out and signed five players for the first team a combined fee of £5.6 million,my head of youth development also signed a DM,MC for the youth team who cost £64k (rising to £165k) from Bayern II,he actually looks pretty good and can be easily be sold for a profit in the future if I don't think he's good enough.We also have a Moroccan striker joining us in July 2025,he is 16 years old but already has 7 goals in 3 caps for Morocco's full team,he will cost £875k.

As for results themselves,we won all three games although we did need the help of VAR in the game against Werder.We finished the month in third which is really impressive so far but we're not exactly playing teams who are amongst the better teams in the Bundesliga,if we are still in a European position come the end of the season then I will be over the moon as that would me more than anyone expected.A couple of new names pop up in the scorers,Bartos (DM,MC) is a £475k signing from Szolnok while Zabec (AML,ST) is a £1.4 million signing from Dinamo.

Five games in February,four of these are in the league while the other match is in the DFB-Pokal.In the league we will face Fortuna Dusseldorf,Bayer 04,FC Augsburg and Frankfurt,surprisingly we are still the only team to have beat Bayer 04 in the league this season and to see them challenging Bayern at the top is a bit worrying for us as it shows they have been on quite the streak since the loss.As for the other three teams,I hope to gain some more points to continue with our quest for European football,Fortuna Dusseldorf and Augsburg are in a relegation fight so they are the main two to target points from.In the DFB-Pokal,we face Wolfsburg and they are one of two teams to beat us this season so I know I will have a tough match,not really bothered by the result as we have met the boards expectations of the third round.

February 2024

Fixtures

RlYKkUI.png?1

League Table

tkQIFtw.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We picked up seven points in February which was a good return as we only dropped points in the loss against Bayer 04 and Frankfurt,with the way Bayer 04 played against us and for the rest of the season then I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the title at the end of the season.As for the Frankfurt match,I'm actually more surprised either team scored as the finishing was appalling from both teams.Still in third place but we do have Schalke and Dortmund right on our tail.In the DFB-Pokal,we moved onto the quarter finals as we beat Wolfsburg 1-0,it was a pretty even game so 1-0 is a fair reflection of the game.

Five games in March as we play four league games and one cup game.We actually kick the month off with the DFB-Pokal quarter final match,we will be facing Schalke at home so it will be a interesting tie as they are only just behind us in the league.I'm happy to have beaten expectations this season so I shouldn't have too many complaints no matter what the result is.In the league we face Hoffenheim,Schalke,Hertha Berlin and Borussia M'gladbach,two easier games and two trickier games,Hoffenheim and Hertha have been struggling for large parts of the season so we could get something from those games.Schalke are a massive threat while I don't know which Gladbach are going to turn up as they have beaten a few of the top teams but then lose to some of the bottom teams.I will be aiming for seven points as that will keep us among the top teams.

March 2024

Fixtures

0FRrhEW.png?1

League Table

Ymn3mjT.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

First thing to note is that the Schalke league match has been rearranged for May.As for the rest of the league games,we won all three matches as we continued to stay in third in the league,We were lucky against Hoffenheim while Berlin were useless as we picked up six points up from the weaker teams.The surprising result was beating Gladbach 4-1 as I was expecting them to turn up but they disappeared in the second half.The cup game against Schalke was a brilliant performance as we were solid all over the pitch,a 2-0 win was a deserved victory but it could have been different if Schalke finished their chances in the first half.

Six games in April as we play five league games and one cup game.The DFB-Pokal semi-final match is the big one of the month as we face Borussia Dortmund,this is actually the hardest team we could have drawn (other semi-final is Werder vs Nurnberg) so it will depend on who I have available to play as I will be putting as strong team as possible.In the league we face Stuttgart,Wolfsburg,Bayern,Hamburg and Leipzig,my aim is to pick up points against Stuttgart,Wolfsburg and Hamburg as I feel they are our best chance.I feel Bayern are out of our league for now but we will catch up one day,the Leipzig game will depend which side turns up as they have been very inconsistent,as long as we have are still in a European spot by quite a bit then I will be happy.

qi6Giyg.png?1

God damn Bayern will never let me have my own record,that 77 yellow cards and 0 red cards is for this season!Emre Can is responsible for this as he has both Bayern's red cards this season!

IAFJfrh.png?1

YL4gBTS.png?1

Don't usually comment on other teams appointments but it looks like Bundesliga gets a very good manager in Frank Lampard,he replaces Nagelsmann who got sacked after having a below par season so far.

April 2024

Fixtures

xWgYIfx.png?1

League Table

NPnttMK.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The big news is that we beat Borussia Dortmund 2-1 in the DFB-Pokal semi-final which means we go onto the final,it was a nervy affair but we managed it in the end.In the league we went undefeated but we did drop points against Bayern Munich and HSV,we got battered against Bayern but our attackers disappeared in the game against HSV.The only easy game was against Suttgart,we were below par against Wolfsburg but still won whereas Red Bull Leipzig were unlucky,with the right signings then they could be a problem next season.We're nearly guaranteed a Champions League spot next season as we need one point in our remaining four games.

Five games in May,four in the league and one in the cup.We finish our league campaign against Borussia Dortmund,Hannover,Schalke and Nurnberg,we need one point from our remaining games to be in the Champions League next season,we actually have an outside chance of winning the title but I seriously doubt that will happen but never say never as I want to go all out to see if we can do it.We finish the season off with the DFB-Pokal against Werder,it's a brilliant feeling to have the opportunity to one up Klopp and Tuchel in my first season but we need to make sure we do a professional job as we can't underestimate them otherwise we could end up with egg on our face.

19 hours ago, SRL88 said:

Had so much fun reading through this fella :)

Keep up the good work

May 2024

Fixtures

MDMEcYC.png?1

League Table

UZ7SI76.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It was a brilliant month as we picked up ten points from twelve as we actually finished the league campaign in second as we overtook Bayer 04 due to goal difference and with that I can thank my forward three who scored 48 of the  82 goals between them.As for the cup,it was a rather one sided affair as Werder were dominated and we could have easily scored more than two.With that cup win,I can now say I'm better than Klopp and Tuchel when it comes to managing Mainz 05.

End of Season update to follow with hopefully a quick pre-season as I don't really need to do much more.

Great end to the season :thup: and excellent result in the Pokal Final. 

Good Job with Mainz! Knocking Bayern off their perch and the League Title must be the next objectives!

18 hours ago, SRL88 said:

Great end to the season :thup: and excellent result in the Pokal Final. 

Thanks!I was hoping Werder would have made it tougher but they failed to turn up.

4 hours ago, Marbah said:

just read this in one go. 

super nice

2 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Good Job with Mainz! Knocking Bayern off their perch and the League Title must be the next objectives!

Thanks :thup:  They are among the next objectives,I think we could do it provided nothing drastic happens in the transfer window but I think there could be a couple of other teams to keep an eye out for next season. 

Edited by B.W.G

zEm1zK2.png

1.FSV Mainz 05 - Bundesliga - End of Season - 2023/24

Season Review

Tranfers - Released

Four players were released,the first three were due to their contract expiring while the fourth had contract mutually terminated as he was on £38k a week for being a bit part player which was a complete waste of money and he also wanted to leave.Four players left the club on loan for development reasons.As you can see,I was rather busy in the transfer window as I signed seventeen players for £36 million while I sold 12 players for £39.5 millions which means I made a small profit of £3.5 million in the transfer window.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3

Competitions

Bundesliga - 2nd Place

aipfGRs.png?1

Considering I wanted to be in the top half compared to the boards avoid relegation,we blew my expectations out of the water as we finished in second just three points behind Bayern Munich and just ahead of Bayer Leverkusen due to goal difference.We were also helped by some teams under performing such as Borussia Dortmund and Red Bull Leipzig but the latter could be a problem next season.Didn't set any records this season as they are pretty tough and Bayern took the Worst Discipline record from me as they received 89 yellow cards and three cards compared to my 94 yellow cards and 0 red cards!

DFB-Pokal - Winners

yd18s73.png?1

We beat Karlsruhe,HSV,Wolfsburg,Schalke and Borussia Dortmund on the way to the final.As for the final,I found it disappointing but not with winning but more with Werder's performance,it's a final on a massive stage and they managed three shots on target as they were just shooting from distance,they were too easy to deal with and we easily could have scored a lot more.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

Players

CiKDolG.png?1

Georgi Mladenov

Marascu Mihai-Dragos

Jude Bellingham

Junpei Nakamura

Jan Daum

Manager's Thoughts

It was an amazing season as we came second in the league and won the DFB-Pokal which was beyond my expectations as I thought I was being optimistic about coming in second but now I can move my plans up to take over Bayern Munich as well as start my plans to go toe to toe with the big boys of European football.I was really busy in the transfer windows during the season but this actually means I won't have to do as much during the summer as we were able to get rid of the some big earners and also sell some players for decent amounts and replace them with cheaper players with better potential.My only aim is to strengthen the team as we should be able to maintain our position at the minimum and possibly even clinch the title as we weren't that far behind Bayern,think we're still be in the national level for reputation so I am hoping this time next year we will be able to reach the continental level.

For finishing second we were given £83.62 million and I've already decided to start using this money as the chairman has agreed to upgrade the training and youth facilities and has also upgraded the youth recruitment which can only help in the long run for the club.My aim for next season is to give a good showing in the Champions League as well as qualify for Europe,qualifying for Europe might sound like a downgrade but I don't know how teams are going to respond in the summer and also I don't know if they are going to underestimate us like some did this season,if they don't then that could be a bit troublesome.I've already decided on who is leaving the club in the summer so all I've got to do is sort the replacements out and we should be all set for next season.

HkFeifY.png

Edited by B.W.G

Commercial Summary

o1mMqCs.png?1

We're looking pretty good on the commercial summary front,I think the majority of this could go up at the end of the next season as we will be playing in the Champions League so that could lead to extra income in Broadcast Revenue,Competition Prize Money and Match Day Commercial & Retail.Sponsors could also go up next season as we could potentially have five new sponsorship deals announced at the end of the 24/25 season.

It's even better when I take into how much we had from last season as we currently sit at £125 million!However the board has given me £25.6 million for transfers despite how well we are financially!

Edited by B.W.G

Danube League Rep

tvVYplI.png

No change in the position of the top five.Only Romania dropped in Rankings but they are still in the top 20,it's also great to see that there is only one country left to get into the top 25 but I think Hungary could do it in the next couple if seasons if they keep improving.

3 hours ago, deltablue said:

Hopefully you can have another go at Bayern next season.

I think we can challenge them,Bayern haven't really done anything in the transfer window as they signed just a 15 year old who won't have an immediate effect.On the downside,I'm hoping that the Olympics don't cause us to have a slow start as we missing quite a few first team player due to them.

zEm1zK2.png

1.FSV Mainz 05 - Bundesliga - Pre-Season - 2024/25

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released

Two players released as they were not good enough to stay at the club.Four players left the club for a combined fee of £6 million while we bought in five players for a combined fee of £8 million.I actually enquired to sign Irazoque last season when he was at Atletico Tucuman but I was quoted £32 million so I am glad he ran down his contract and I was able to get in ahead of the Portugese big three.I wouldn't expect much more from the transfer market as all I want to do now is get in a DL and a DM then I'll be happy with the team.

Club Vision 

UOshOOp.png?1

Pre-Season Fixtures

bSrMLrp.png?1

It wasn't too bad of a pre-season as the fixtures were arranged for fitness purposes,we were pretty good in the performances but we were missing several players due to the Olympics but I don't think we will have too many problems unless long term injuries were to occur.

The Team

Tactics

GK - Sweeper Keeper - Defend

eTSzJqZ.png?1

DR - Wing Back - Support

82z5TA7.png?1

DL - Wing Back - Support

Wy9ZKFx.png?1

DC - Ball Playing Defender - Defend

F6UfV24.png?1

DM - Anchorman - Defend

hHPCQlb.png?1

MC - Box to Box Midfielder - Support

pTJv3pU.png?1

MC - Advanced Playmaker - Support

DmrjPa4.png?1

AMR - Inside Forward - Support

djMCXuT.png?1

AML - Inside Forward - Support

m0Q5NPh.png?1

ST - Advanced Forward - Attack

Lv6XfCD.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It was a relatively smooth pre-season as there wasn't any real need to do a total overhaul of the team and I only need to make two signings in the DM and DL position and I think we are set for the future as it will just be a case of developing the players to try and reach their maximum potential.Of course for the two signings I want to make,they will be in the 18-23 range as they will give us the best shot to sign players to sell for a profit but we'll cross that bridge when we reach it.Don't have to worry about any elections till November 2026 so I know I will be working with the board I have for the foreseeable future and they have already shown they are willing to work with me as they agreed to upgrade numerous different things such as training and youth facilities as well as the number of scouts,junior coaching and allowing me to go for my Continental Pro license!

As for the upcoming season,they don't care the Supercup which is against Bayern and will be our season opener.Don't really have any problems with going for qualifying for the Champions League as a league expectation as we are expected to finish third according to the media.DFB - Pokal expectations is reaching the semi-final while the board wants us to reach the knockout stages in the Champions League,both of these could be dependant on the draw as they could be easier or really tough as with the champions league,I think we will be seeded fourth.I'm in no rush to leave here and will easily be here for at least two seasons easily as I want to make Mainz the face of a new age in Germany by eventually overthrowing Bayern as the best in Germany.

Edited by B.W.G

xKEkFM9.png?1

Not sure what I've done to deserve Real Madrid and Man Utd in the same group,think the board were a bit optimistic about getting to the knockout stages,think we should easily get third though as I feel we are a stronger side than Feyenoord.

August 2024

Fixtures

SaBtMV4.png?1

League Table

ZHpEb37.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

First up some transfer news,we've lost Jake Bellingham to PSG (who else would it be!) for £72 million (rising to £78 million) as they met his minimum release fee clause so that has been a bit of a blow as he was our best player in regards to ability.To replace him,I've bought in Santiago Corro for £5.5 million (plus 30% of next sale) from Defensa y Justica and will be a straight replacement for Bellingham.

Fixture wise,we won a trophy as we added the Supercup with a brilliant 3-0 win over a much changed Bayern side as they fielded fringe players and youngster so they deserved to lose for not taking it seriously.As for the league it was a case of deja vu as Bayer 04 beat us and they were the first team to beat us last season in the league as well but we were solid in the other two league games as we finished the month in fifth.We also beat St.Pauli in the DFB-Pokal,they actually gave us more of a challenge then Bayern did and I put out a very strong side.

Five games in September,four in the league and one in the Champions League.In the league we play Schalke,HSV,Werder and Fortuna Dusseldorf,this isn't a bad set of fixtures and I think we have the chance to pick up points in each game so I will be aiming to get nine points.We open our Champions League campaign with a home tie against Manchester United,last time I played them I was at Rijeka and managed to get a 2-2 draw in the home fixture so I think we have a chance of surprising people but I would like to at least get a draw.

Make the Europa Cup Group stages and get some money for the coffers...since you ended up in Champions League Group of Death for you. 

Unfortunately until you win the league you will have terrible draws...

Decent start in the league. That Champions League group is tough though

5 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Make the Europa Cup Group stages and get some money for the coffers...since you ended up in Champions League Group of Death for you. 

Unfortunately until you win the league you will have terrible draws...

I'm pretty positive we could get seven points and I hope that would be enough to see us get third.

I don't mind having terrible draws,you can learn more from defeat then victory although if I'm losing then I want it to be less than 5-0 against Real Madrid :lol: 

4 hours ago, SRL88 said:

Decent start in the league. That Champions League group is tough though

Thanks! To be expected but I do have a knack at surprising the so called big teams :D 

On 23/11/2019 at 06:11, Axyongaming007 said:

To take Dinamo Bucharest to UCL groups, because it has never been

I did my test and learning save in the beta with Dinamo Bucharest and had a great time. Was a little too easy to win the league as we won it back to back but playing in those leagues is all about Europe

Bucharest seems to be an interesting place to manage as you've got FCSB,Dinamo and Rapid in the top two divisions while there's a fourth team in CSA Steaua who play in Liga III Series II who were only founded in 2015,I'm guessing this is because of the fallout of FCSB vs CSA Steaua lawsuit.They might be an interesting team to manage if they ever get to Liga II.

nllPWYy.png?1

Mwhahahahaha!Bow down you little peasants!

Red card didn't even have a effect on the result either :D 

September 2024

Fixtures

ckQSeoX.png?1

League Table

1YAeVAR.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We went the month unbeaten so I can easily say it was a really good month.The big result of the month was the victory over Man Utd in the Champions League as that result netted us £2.42 million for winning.As for the league itself,we dropped stupid points against HSV but won the rest of the games as we finished the month in third place,it's been a real frantic start all over the league as only five points separate the top six.At this moment in time,one bad result could mess things up and no one wants that but I'm in a Champions League spot and that is what my board want.

Six games in October which sees us play three league games,two Champions League game and one DFB-Pokal match.In the league we play Wolfsburg,Hoffenheim and Paderborn,two of these teams are on a good run and the other is Paderborn,all three will give us difficult games but I think I should be able to come out of the month with six points minimum.The Champions League sees us play twice away from home as we have trips to Feyenoord and Real Madrid,I think we can beat Feyenoord so that is my target as I don't think we'll get anything off Real.The DFB=Pokal 2nd round has given us a tough match as we play RB Leipzig at home,they have not started as well as I expected them to but they are too dangerous to underestimate so they will be facing the strongest team I can field as the board wants me to make it to the semi-final.

13 hours ago, SRL88 said:

Great start to the season, and an excellent result against United

October 2024

Fixtures

FttH8VQ.png?1

League Table

QQimRX4.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A brilliant month overall as we only lost one game and we won the rest.In the league we won all three matches,we struggled a bit against Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim but we easily could have scored a lot more against Paderborn.We did well in the Champions League as we beat Feyenoord 4-0 before we put up a valiant effort against Real but ultimately fell short as we lost 3-2 which means we currently sit in second place.As for the DFB-Pokal,I'm actually pretty stunned,I was expecting a close affair but winning 7-0 was something completely unexpected but it means we move onto the third round.

Four games in November,two are in the league while the other two are in the Champions League.In the league we face Darmstadt and Borussia Dortmund,we'll still be in the top four if we lose both games but I am confident that we can pick up points as Darmstadt have been terrible while Dortmund will be a tougher match as they are fighting for a place in Europe.In the Champions League we face Real Madrid at home before travelling to Old Trafford for the return match,I think we could possibly get something against Real Madrid as we weren't completely outplayed when we face them at their ground,not expecting anything in the match against Man Utd but I think we have the ability to nab a point against them.