• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nsLmQQW.jpg

Bognor Regis Town 2021/22

Season Overview

Vanarama National League South – 3rd place – Play-off final loss

A slow start with us seemingly conceding every game caused some tactical tweaks to be completed which though did not really fix our defensive woes, it initially allowed us to be very free scoring, getting 5, 6 and even 7 on some early outings with the tactic but also some fairly heavy losses. Once the new tactic settled, we were basically a hard to beat side managing a 18 match unbeaten streak propelling us up the league where we were top by two points with two games to go. Sadly, we lost and drew the games to drop down to third and a play-off berth. Ironically, out play-off semi-final would be against the team we lost to on the penultimate game of the season – Wealdstone. Thankfully, we put in a comfortable performance winning 2-0 to set up a final with Ebbsfleet. This is where our season came to a lacklustre end, a 1-0 defeat after extra time – no promotion this season.

FA Cup – 1st Round

We were hoping for a cup run but only managed the 1st round, a resounding 3-0 loss to Stevenage

FA Trophy – 1st Round

A 1-0 loss to Maidstone in the first round. Disappointing.

Awards --- Stats --- Fixtures (1) --- Fixtures (2) --- Season Review --- Hot Prospect --- Key Player --- Overall Best XI

TransfersDefense was the main area of improvement in the market with an entire new first choice back four signing up, alongside greater strength in the midfield and a new goalkeeper.

Player of the season – Luke Gray: Solid season from the young midfielder big reason behind a strong season

Finances Lack of cup run means finances didn’t improve all too much, but better than last season at least.

Next Season

Aim for next season has to be at least play-offs again, but given how close we were to automatic promotion, I’m hoping we can manage to do that this season. Same as ever with cups. In terms of transfers I’m pretty happy with my squad, just need some improvements in key areas to raise us to the next level and then some back-ups for the future.

News

We are upgrading our stadium, and I'm currently studying towards my National A License

01RXlfB.jpg

SnakeXe @ Salisbury - Season 10 - 2029/30

Summary
It was a long difficult season, but we pretty much stayed up because of December 2029, taking a 4-2-1 record from 7 matches which accelerated us into European reckoning briefly before reality bit again. My players really are a lot worse than everyone else's in this league but the work put in on the training ground and a bit of good fortune was enough to avoid getting blown away too many times, and we nicked enough goals on the break and from set pieces to get the results we needed. A great League Cup run to the semi finals was a nice distraction from the grind of the league campaign but we were knocked out by the eventual winners West Brom 4-1 on aggregate.

Next season we've got our new stadium to look forward to and a £40m transfer kitty to blow spend extremely carefully, exciting times!

Competitions
Premier League - 13th
FA Cup - 3rd Round
League Cup - Semi Final

Squad
We brought in quantity and potential over the summer, and with the likes of Schels, Gyan, Menagh, Owens, and Green getting a valuable season of top tier football under their belts we will hopefully be able to push on a bit next season. The priority this summer will certainly be a sprinkling of quality though.

Transfers
£30m is a healthy budget for Salisbury but it's not a healthy Premier League budget so we had to shop clever. We managed to get a very small amount of established Premier League quality in the centreback pairing of Battilana and Robinson but other than that it was all invested in potential (save for the £2.5m I spent bringing Edwards back after 12 months on the Saints bench - what a waste).

Manager's player of the season - Sam Robinson
Played 20 games for Leeds as they got relegated last season but ensured we didn't befall the same fate with some dominating performances in defence.

+---------+-----+-----------------------+----+----+-----+----+-----+-----+----------------------------+
| Season  | Pos | League                | CL | EL | FAC | LC | FLT | FAT | Notes                      |
+---------+-----+-----------------------+----+----+-----+----+-----+-----+----------------------------+
| 2020/21 | 13  | National League South | -  | -  | 2QR | -  | -   | 3QR |                            |
| 2021/22 | 6   | National League South | -  | -  | 4QR | -  | -   | 3QR | Lost in playoff semi final |
| 2022/23 | 1P  | National League South | -  | -  | R1  | -  | -   | R3  | Promoted as Champions      |
| 2023/24 | 1P  | National League       | -  | -  | R1  | -  | -   | R3  | Promoted as Champions      |
| 2024/25 | 1P  | League Two            | -  | -  | R1  | R2 | GS  | -   | Promoted as Champions      |
| 2025/26 | 11  | League One            | -  | -  | R4  | R1 | GS  | -   |                            |
| 2026/27 | 1P  | League One            | -  | -  | R5  | R1 | R3  | -   | Promoted as Champions      |
| 2027/28 | 14  | Championship          | -  | -  | QF  | R1 | -   | -   |                            |
| 2028/29 | 2P  | Championship          | -  | -  | R4  | R3 | -   | -   | Promoted                   |
| 2029/30 | 13  | Premier League        | -  | -  | R3  | SF | -   | -   |                            |

3 hours ago, _JHTB_ said:

nsLmQQW.jpg

Bognor Regis Town 2021/22

Season Overview

Vanarama National League South – 3rd place – Play-off final loss

A slow start with us seemingly conceding every game caused some tactical tweaks to be completed which though did not really fix our defensive woes, it initially allowed us to be very free scoring, getting 5, 6 and even 7 on some early outings with the tactic but also some fairly heavy losses. Once the new tactic settled, we were basically a hard to beat side managing a 18 match unbeaten streak propelling us up the league where we were top by two points with two games to go. Sadly, we lost and drew the games to drop down to third and a play-off berth. Ironically, out play-off semi-final would be against the team we lost to on the penultimate game of the season – Wealdstone. Thankfully, we put in a comfortable performance winning 2-0 to set up a final with Ebbsfleet. This is where our season came to a lacklustre end, a 1-0 defeat after extra time – no promotion this season.

FA Cup – 1st Round

We were hoping for a cup run but only managed the 1st round, a resounding 3-0 loss to Stevenage

FA Trophy – 1st Round

A 1-0 loss to Maidstone in the first round. Disappointing.

Awards --- Stats --- Fixtures (1) --- Fixtures (2) --- Season Review --- Hot Prospect --- Key Player --- Overall Best XI

TransfersDefense was the main area of improvement in the market with an entire new first choice back four signing up, alongside greater strength in the midfield and a new goalkeeper.

Player of the season – Luke Gray: Solid season from the young midfielder big reason behind a strong season

Finances Lack of cup run means finances didn’t improve all too much, but better than last season at least.

Next Season

Aim for next season has to be at least play-offs again, but given how close we were to automatic promotion, I’m hoping we can manage to do that this season. Same as ever with cups. In terms of transfers I’m pretty happy with my squad, just need some improvements in key areas to raise us to the next level and then some back-ups for the future.

News

We are upgrading our stadium, and I'm currently studying towards my National A License

01RXlfB.jpg

Unlucky with playoffs good luck next season.

16 minutes ago, SnakeXe said:

SnakeXe @ Salisbury - Season 10 - 2029/30

Summary
It was a long difficult season, but we pretty much stayed up because of December 2029, taking a 4-2-1 record from 7 matches which accelerated us into European reckoning briefly before reality bit again. My players really are a lot worse than everyone else's in this league but the work put in on the training ground and a bit of good fortune was enough to avoid getting blown away too many times, and we nicked enough goals on the break and from set pieces to get the results we needed. A great League Cup run to the semi finals was a nice distraction from the grind of the league campaign but we were knocked out by the eventual winners West Brom 4-1 on aggregate.

Next season we've got our new stadium to look forward to and a £40m transfer kitty to blow spend extremely carefully, exciting times!

Competitions
Premier League - 13th
FA Cup - 3rd Round
League Cup - Semi Final

Squad
We brought in quantity and potential over the summer, and with the likes of Schels, Gyan, Menagh, Owens, and Green getting a valuable season of top tier football under their belts we will hopefully be able to push on a bit next season. The priority this summer will certainly be a sprinkling of quality though.

Transfers
£30m is a healthy budget for Salisbury but it's not a healthy Premier League budget so we had to shop clever. We managed to get a very small amount of established Premier League quality in the centreback pairing of Battilana and Robinson but other than that it was all invested in potential (save for the £2.5m I spent bringing Edwards back after 12 months on the Saints bench - what a waste).

Manager's player of the season - Sam Robinson
Played 20 games for Leeds as they got relegated last season but ensured we didn't befall the same fate with some dominating performances in defence.

| Season  | Pos | League                | CL | EL | FAC | LC | FLT | FAT | Notes                      |
| 2020/21 | 13  | National League South | -  | -  | 2QR | -  | -   | 3QR |                            |
| 2021/22 | 6   | National League South | -  | -  | 4QR | -  | -   | 3QR | Lost in playoff semi final |
| 2022/23 | 1P  | National League South | -  | -  | R1  | -  | -   | R3  | Promoted as Champions      |
| 2023/24 | 1P  | National League       | -  | -  | R1  | -  | -   | R3  | Promoted as Champions      |
| 2024/25 | 1P  | League Two            | -  | -  | R1  | R2 | GS  | -   | Promoted as Champions      |
| 2025/26 | 11  | League One            | -  | -  | R4  | R1 | GS  | -   |                            |
| 2026/27 | 1P  | League One            | -  | -  | R5  | R1 | R3  | -   | Promoted as Champions      |
| 2027/28 | 14  | Championship          | -  | -  | QF  | R1 | -   | -   |                            |
| 2028/29 | 2P  | Championship          | -  | -  | R4  | R3 | -   | -   | Promoted                   |
| 2029/30 | 13  | Premier League        | -  | -  | R3  | SF | -   | -   |                            |

13th for first season in Prem well done, shame you couldn't get past W.Brom in semis.

Any tips for what to look for in players at this level ? speed over skill etc, not really managed at this level and i will shortly be starting a save. Thanks 

Edited by lfc7

10 minutes ago, lfc7 said:

13th for first season in Prem well done, shame you couldn't get past W.Brom in semis.

Any tips for what to look for in players at this level ? speed over skill etc, not really managed at this level and i will shortly be starting a save. Thanks 

Thanks! Yeah we didn't play too bad we just conceded two goals early in the first leg and they picked us off on the break in the second leg unfortunately.

Generally 12+ acceleration and pace is good for your attacking players, regardless of other stats. Finishing and composure seem to make very little difference overall in this game but even less so in the lower levels. Good technical stats are anything in or over the 9-10 region, good physicals are around 12. On the mental side avoid signing players whose determination is below 10 unless they're outstanding because their heads will drop really fast when you go behind otherwise. Having a bit of bravery and aggression on a defensive midfielder is a massive bonus although be prepared for them to get suspended.

Try and find one player with good freekick and corner taking, set pieces are your absolute best ticket to success - if you spend a bit of time setting up multiple attacking routines and sensible defensive routines at the start of your first season and have a decent taker you should do well. Get lots of players in (generally anyone who offers themselves saying they'd be one of the best players in the first team is a good bet) on long trials (1 week isn't enough) to ascertain their stats and ability in bulk since your scouts will be pretty much useless to begin with.

8 minutes ago, SnakeXe said:

Thanks! Yeah we didn't play too bad we just conceded two goals early in the first leg and they picked us off on the break in the second leg unfortunately.

Generally 12+ acceleration and pace is good for your attacking players, regardless of other stats. Finishing and composure seem to make very little difference overall in this game but even less so in the lower levels. Good technical stats are anything in or over the 9-10 region, good physicals are around 12. On the mental side avoid signing players whose determination is below 10 unless they're outstanding because their heads will drop really fast when you go behind otherwise. Having a bit of bravery and aggression on a defensive midfielder is a massive bonus although be prepared for them to get suspended.

Try and find one player with good freekick and corner taking, set pieces are your absolute best ticket to success - if you spend a bit of time setting up multiple attacking routines and sensible defensive routines at the start of your first season and have a decent taker you should do well. Get lots of players in (generally anyone who offers themselves saying they'd be one of the best players in the first team is a good bet) on long trials (1 week isn't enough) to ascertain their stats and ability in bulk since your scouts will be pretty much useless to begin with.

Thank you :thup:

On 08/01/2020 at 10:22, Brother Ben said:

Anyone manage to get Corinthian-Casuals? 

i'm aware that this challenge would be impossible with them but does their amateur status prevent them being promoted by reloading?

I've reloaded probably 1000+ times and haven't seen them. Was waiting for the match engine patch to get started and wanted them or Rushden&Diamonds but so far haven't gotten either.

1 minute ago, CMU Chips said:

I've reloaded probably 1000+ times and haven't seen them. Was waiting for the match engine patch to get started and wanted them or Rushden&Diamonds but so far haven't gotten either.

Their reputation isn't so low that you wouldn't see them in that many reloads so it makes me a tad suspicious 

8 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Their reputation isn't so low that you wouldn't see them in that many reloads so it makes me a tad suspicious 

That's what I thought, but it's extremely rare to see anyone under 1750. I haven't seen teams with the same rep (Brightlingsea and Taunton) despite them not having the same status as far as I know. Even some of the 1750s I haven't seen yet.

1 minute ago, CMU Chips said:

That's what I thought, but it's extremely rare to see anyone under 1750. I haven't seen teams with the same rep (Brightlingsea and Taunton) despite them not having the same status as far as I know. Even some of the 1750s I haven't seen yet.

I did about 30 reloads to get Stalybridge for the youth challenge and the lowest that I had come up was Coalville at 1800 so I know what you mean.  Trouble is I guess is that there are so many teams above that amount, there's absolutely loads in the Northern Premier

10 hours ago, CMU Chips said:

What's issues are getting patched ?

Rld0dpt.png

Nuneaton Town Season 2023/24

Season Review - Table - Transfers - Finances - Profile - Squad

Promotion! Felt like a real slog to be honest, as multiple postponements for waterlogged pitches, cup replays, international call ups meant we were never comfortably in the top 3 due to usually having about 3/4 games in hand. We did the double over champions Plymouth but finishing above them seemed unlikely all season. We took Cardiff to a replay in the 4th round of the FA cup but they eventually got us 3-2. Next season I'm more than happy for all my transfer budget to go onto sorting this pitch - if we're behind and struggling with postponements in the league above we could be in trouble. Same level as Coventry next season which means no more free loans... Still nothing from the youth academy though - the board keep batting away any requests for training or youth facilities, but I have managed to get them to raise the junior coaching and youth recruitment.

3 minutes ago, CMU Chips said:

It's the one the current beta  addresses. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm interested to see what changes it brings.

I play on stadia so doubt i will be able to try it, but glad to see some of the main issues getting addressed i.e 1v1 and penalties

3 hours ago, yellowforever said:

Rld0dpt.png

Nuneaton Town Season 2023/24

Season Review - Table - Transfers - Finances - Profile - Squad

Promotion! Felt like a real slog to be honest, as multiple postponements for waterlogged pitches, cup replays, international call ups meant we were never comfortably in the top 3 due to usually having about 3/4 games in hand. We did the double over champions Plymouth but finishing above them seemed unlikely all season. We took Cardiff to a replay in the 4th round of the FA cup but they eventually got us 3-2. Next season I'm more than happy for all my transfer budget to go onto sorting this pitch - if we're behind and struggling with postponements in the league above we could be in trouble. Same level as Coventry next season which means no more free loans... Still nothing from the youth academy though - the board keep batting away any requests for training or youth facilities, but I have managed to get them to raise the junior coaching and youth recruitment.

Congrats on the promotion

1 hour ago, KVJ92 said:

Just started as the new Kings Langley manager! 

R9ruZtr.png

Good luck 

18 minutes ago, The Regista said:

Good luck to all who have started the challenge!! I'll catch up with everyone's posts shortly

I've raided the loan market - it's proved fruitful...

636fee5b45b4dac6f398ebac22eb0e98.png

:cool:

Matlock_Town_FC_logo.png

MATLOCK TOWN PRE SEASON 2020/21

Season one is in the books and it's been a very successful one.

d656c5be3e0573bd0b73d847fb3a89dc.png

We started off well, notably going unbeaten throughout September (although many of these sides would finish near the bottom of the division at the end of the season), setting us up nicely for the Christmas period. However, we lost 4 league games in 7 between January and February along with defeat in the FA Trophy First Round to Hartlepool. It was at this point that I decided to raid the loan market as mentioned before in order to revitalise my team, which ended up working well. Fortunately we were able to get plenty of u18 players on loan from the likes of Sunderland, Bolton and Coventry to help us in our quest for the title. It ended up with the majority of the first XI being players on loan, and with virtually everyone in my team having their contract expire at the end of June 2021, I've got a clean slate to go into the National League Premier in.

There was no single stand out player within the team - as you can see playing time did get spread round quite a bit throughout the campaign. Livesy Mason did a fine job leading the line, but loan signings Luke Hirst and Josh Eppiah did a fine job when they came in picking up the slack when times got tough just after New Year.

Can't say much about the FA Cup or FA Trophy - beaten disappointingly by Spennymoor in the third qualifying round in the FA Cup, and of course Hartlepool in the Trophy.

We have a new Chairman whom invested 9k into the club (nice of him!) - though this appears to be virtually our entire wage budget for the NLP campaign.

The club are funding a National C licence for my manager - figured the earlier I can get started on the qualifications, the better.

Financially we are OK for now. I envision a little overspend for next season as we try to win the league (...gulp), and originally we were about £900 over budget this season. 

That's all for now - have enjoyed this season and it's gotten me back into playing FM. Looking forward to the NLP - hoping we can survive!

Just now, SnakeXe said:

Congrats @The Regista! Very nice work getting promoted first season. Planning to try and build another loan ranger side next season or look for more permanent players?

Thanks @Snakexe - I think I will look to spend the budget on as strong a core as I can, and look to fill out depth with some loan signings. Plenty of quality kicking around - just knowing where to look!

Needham Market FC.PNG

Season Review (Season Four, 2023-24)

Table / Position Graph / Squad / Finances / Transfers / Manager Attributes / Manager Character / Facilities / Annual Injuries / Competitions / Reputation / Club Vision

SUMMARY

Season Four was frustratingly great (for our first season in the VNL at least.  We had a lot of ups and downs thru the season, but for the most part stayed clear of the relegation battle from the start.  We scored fairly well (when we took shots -- we were top of league in shots on target ratio, but only mid table in shots taken).  Last season's acquisition, Tom Fielding, was great in front of goal.  He not only beat his own record for league goals in a season with 24, but he captured the league top goalscorer as well (a first for me in a long time!)  Davison, playing a mix of MR and Forward positioins, added 9 league and 2 cup goals, while targetman Bradbury added 10 of his own.  An assortment of goals from the midfield rounded out the offense.  What was lacking this season were my goals from set pieces (a critical club vision requirement) -- we didn't manage a single goal from corners this season!  

Defensively, we were much worse off (and it showed in our foul count as well).  We were in the bottom 6 or 8 in goals allowed, and in top 5 worst in discipline overall as well.  Part of the issue ended up being our only real injury crunch, as I lost few players for long spells....but when I lost players, I lost them in a bunch (just after midseason, I was without 6 or 7 starters -- 5 thru injury for 3-4 weeks, another 2 for 3 matches due to red card offenses).  I also don't have a really solid DM/anchorman --- a keystone for 2 of my 3 formations.  I've got a couple DM/DC types that can do the job, but really don't have the standout anchorman I am used to being able to rely on.  Keeper Ryan Hall was still solid in goal, making some incredible saves in order to keep us competitive in a number of matches when the defense got a bit leaky.

The rest of my midfield is still pretty solid, with Rio Campbell joining to play wide left and providing some dangerous crosses (created some chances, but only managed 2 assists -- hoping he gets a bit better with a tactical tweak).  Tom Sharpe and Jeremy Watts (late) joined Sakyi and Raikhy in the center to solidify the rotation (had more problems in the VNL w/ players tiring from the number of matches played).  Davision and Blanchfield remained my sole options out wide right.  Altogether, they had a solid effort in controlling the midfield for me this season.

The key point in the season undoubtable came late..a stretch of matches starting at the end of Februrary.  We had just had a 5 match losing streak; we had a couple mid-table matches coming up that were must win, because after that we faced 5 top-8 teams before finishing off with 5 bottom half teams.  Had we continued to pile losses up, those final five matches would have had us in a life-or-death struggle.  Following the 5 match loss streak, we put together a great run however; starting with a 4-1 drubbing of mid-table Ebbsfleet.  That gave us a bit of confidence -- a draw vs Barrow then a surprise 2-1 win over 3rd Barrow really gave us impetus to finish the season strong, and we finished the year with only 2 losses in our final 13 to stay solidly mid-table.  Not bad for our first VNL.

Oh, why was it frustrating????

One word.  Well...two. "The Board."  

It stinks.  In four seasons....I've gotten exactly.....one extra scout out of him.  No funds dumped into the club.  No additional coaches.  Won't try for an affiliate club -- he prefers not to rely on loan players.  Can't get a coaching license.  We are now £1.1M or therabouts in debt --- 325K or so of it remaining loan debt for our stadium upgrade for entering the VNL.  The rest is cash debt.  The chairman's sole method of dealing with the debt --- reduce my wage allowance.  This year, for the second year running, he dropped my wage allowance twice --- first in October, and again in....February, I think it was.  We started the season with a wage budget of £6.4/wk, in October it was dropped to about £5.7k, then dropped again to £4.9K/wk.  Yep...that's gonna drop our budget deficit quickly!  

Really impacting my desire to continue this save, TBH.

Promotion / Playoffs

Not this season.  We did well getting to (and staying) mid-table, but we're far short of the quality needed to push for playoffs.  Don't forsee that changing any time soon. 

Cup Competitions

Not much going on here either.  We achieved expectations, but didn't get much more than that.  The FAC featured a 1-0 win over Gosport, then a FAC1R 1-1/1-0 win vs Alfreton, before losing to L2 Doncaster in the 2nd round in a match that wasn't as close as the 3-0 scoreline indicated.

The FAT featured us up against Wrexham, and we took them to a replay as well, which we went out on penalties after a 1-1 scoreline.  Wrexham has turned into a bit of a bogey team for us...but we finally beat them in that end stretch of matches in the league.

Additional Details

Team of the Season

Best XI Inductees  Both fullbacks Yfeko and Pata made the new overall best XI. 

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season For the second season, it wasn't quite unanimous, but Tom Fielding (24 League goals--top league goalscorer/5 assists, and a 7.42AvR), was the only choice in the voting, garnering 74% of the votes.  Midfielders Sakyi (5 goals/4 assists/7.05 AvR) and Best (3 goals/6 assists/7.17 AvR) got 10% and 9% respectively.

Signing of the Season  DM/DC Hugo Jenkinson (Free)

Young Player of the Season Let's just round it out by introducing Tom Fielding as the young Player of the Season as well.

End of Season Stats -- Fielding dominated with Top Goalscorer, Highest AvR, and most PoM awards (same as last season), and added most pass completion (81%) as well for the season.  Most assists (6) were shared by Best and Raikhy.  Bradley-Green had 12 yellow cards for the team worst, while DL Dunk had 2 Red cards.

Youth Intake Top Graduate

Spoiler

Season 1  Karl Ward, Midfield could slot into the wide spots of my 4-4-2 and 4-1DM-3-2 Wide formations.  Rates to be better (if he reaches his potential) than my current wingers.

Season 2 GK Tommy Black was deemed the best of a very lackluster crop.  This class was so bad I took the rare (early-challenge) step of only signing 5 of the class to a youth contract.

Season 3  AM(C)/AM(R), ST(C) Marc Baxendale could potentially develop into something useful, at least for the lower levels, but I can't see a long-term future for him.

1st in Vanarama North (2022/3) DR/MR Gary Mitchell is probably the best -- he could actually start in a pinch for the senior squad.  Left to be seen if he will develop into something better.

TEAM, INDIVIDUAL, AND LEAGUE RECORDS

A host of records were set or broken this year:  (* denotes ongoing record -- bold indicates record broken this year)

Spoiler

Needham Market -- Team Records

Highest League Position -- 14st in Vanarama National League (2023/4) / Previous record -- 1st in Vanarma North (2022/3)

Lowest League Position -- 15th in Vanarama North (2020/21)

Most Points in a Season -- 103 (2022/23) / Previous Record -- 73 (2021/22)

Fewest Points in a Season -- 57 (2020/21)

Most League Wins in a Season -- 32 (2022/23) / Previous Record -- 20 (2021/22)

Fewest League Wins in a Season -- 15 (2020/21)

Most League Defeats in a Season -- 19 (2020/21)

Fewest League Defeats in a Season -- 7 (2022/23) / Previous Record -- 13 (2021/22)

Most League Draws in a Season -- 13 (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 12 (2020/21)

Fewest League Draws in a Season -- 7 (2023/23) / Previous Record -- 12 (2020/21)

Most League Goals in a Season -- 79 (2022/23) / Previous Record -- 73 (2021/22)

Fewest League Goals in a Season -- 48 (2020/21)

Highest Attendance -- 3000 (vs Leeds, FAC3R, 31 Dec 2022) / Previous Record -- 884 (vs Bost Utd, VNLN, 6 Mar 2021)

Highest Gate Receipts -- £47.67K (vs Leeds, FAC3R, 31 Dec 2022) / Previous Record -- £10.23K (vs Maidon & Tiptree, FAC2QR, 19 Sept 2020)

Average Attendance -- 841 (2023/24) / Previous Record -- 416 (2020/21)

Lowest Attendance -- 286 (vs Halesowen (H), VNLN, 31 Aug 2021) / Previous Record -- 301 (vs Matlock, VNLN, 17 Apr 2021)

Biggest Win -- 5-1 (vs Blyth (H), FAT3QR, 19 Nov 2022) / Previous Record -- 4-0 (vs Scarborough Athletic (H), VNLN, 12 Feb 2022)

Biggest Defeat -- 1-5 (vs Harrogate (A), VNLN, 26 Dec 2021) / Previous Record -- 2-4 (vs Merthyr (A), VNLN, 20 Oct 2020)

Highest Scoring Match -- 5-5 (vs Chelmsford (H), FAC4QR, 15 Oct 2022) / Previous Record -- 4-5 (vs Brackley (A), VNLN, 27 Nov 2021)

Highest Scoring League match -- 4-5 (vs Brackley (A), VNLN, 27 Nov 2021) / Previous Record -- 4-2 (Vs Tamworth (H), VNLN, 29 Aug 2020)

Most Matches Won in a Row -- 7 (4 Jan - 19 Feb 2022) / Previous Record -- 3 (19 - 26 Sept 2020)

Most Matches w/o Losing -- 18 (10 Jan - 22 Apr 2023) / Previous Record -- 15 (4 Jan - 16 Apr 2022)

Most Matches Lost in a Row -- 5 (20 Jan - 17 Feb 2024) / Previous Record -- 4 (15-25 Aug 2020)

Most Matches w/o Winning -- 5 (20 Sept - 4 Oct 2021) / Previous Record -- 4 (15-25 Aug 2020)

Most Matches w/o Scoring -- 3 ( 13-27 Feb 2021)

Most Matches w/o conceding -- 5 (7 Feb - 4 Mar 2023) / Previous Record -- 3 (19-26 Sept 2020)

Needham Market - Individual Records

Most League Goals by a Player -- 46* -- Tom Fielding / Previous Record 38 -- Luke ingram

Most Overall Goals by a player -- 28 -- Tom Fielding (2022/23) / Previous Record -- 18 -- Harrison Nee (Coventry) (2021/22)

Most League Appearances by a player -- 342* (Kieran Morphew) / Previous Record -- 303* (Kieran Morphew)

Most League Goals by a Player -- 24 -- Tom Fielding (2023/24) / Previous Record -- 22 (Tom Fielding (2022/23)

Highest Average Rating -- 7.48 -- Tom Fielding (2022/23) / Previous Record-- 7.231 -- Harrison Nee (Coventry) (2021/22)

Youngest Player -- Thomas Quinn -- 16y209d (vs Altrincham (A), VNLN, 24 Apr 2021)

Oldest Player -- Harrison Dunk -- 33y 2d (vs Dulwich Hamlet (H), VNL, 20 Apr 2024) / Previous Record -- Harrison Dunk - 32y 4d (vs Chelmsford (H), VNLN, 22 Apr 2023)

Fastest Goal -- Tom Fielding -- 11 s (vs Carlisle (A), VNL, 17 Feb 2024) / Previous Record -- Harrison Nee  -- 13s (vs Darlington (A), VNLN, 16 Apr 2022)

Most goals in a Match -- 3 -- Harrison Nee (3-2 vs Kettering (H), VNLN, 29 Jan 2022) / Previous Record -- 2 -- Jack Stevens (4-2 vs Tamworth (h), VNLN, 28 Aug 2020)

Most goals in a League Match -- 3 -- Harrison Nee (3-2 vs Kettering (H), VNLN, 29 Jan 2022) / Previous Record  --  2 -- Jack Stevens (4-2 vs Tamworth (H), VNLN, 28 Aug 2020)

Most Assists in a Season  -- 13 -- Kieran Morphew (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 6 -- Jack Stevens (2020/21)

Must Shutouts in a season -- 23 -- Ryan Hall (2022/23) / Previous Record -- 19 -- Ryan Hall (2021/22)

Most PoM Awards -- 9 -- Tom Fielding (2023/24) / Previous Record -- 9 -- Tom Fielding (2022/23)

Youngest Goalscorer -- Warren Saberton -- 17y 236d (vs Chorley (A), VNLN, 19 Feb 2022) / Previous Record -- Jack Stevens -- 18y44d (vs Farsley (A), VNLN, 8 Aug 2020)

Oldest Goalscorer -- Harrison Dunk -- 32y 319d (vs Leyton Orient (A), VNL, 2 Mar 2024) / Previous Record -- Harrison Dunk -- 31y 341d (vs Southport (A), VNLN, 25 Mar 2023)

The Rest of England

Spoiler

Promoted from the Regional Premier Divisions

Met Police, Dorchester, Biggleswade Town, Leamington, Chesham, Cambridge C., Ashton Utd, Hyde

LEAGUE WINNERS (Promoted / Relegated)

EPL:  Man Utd (Watford, Stoke, Leeds)

Championship:  Crystal Palace (Crystal Palace, Huddersfield, QPR / Reading, Barnsley, Fleetwood)

League One:  Millwall (Millwall, Charlton, Peterborough / Walsall, Doncaster, Crewe, Accrington)

League Two:  Burton (Burton, Mansfield, Plymouth, Swindon/ Cambridge, Gillingham)

Vanarama National League:  Chester (Chester, Wrexham / Woking, Darlington, Torquay, Sutton)

Vanarama national North : South Shields (South Shields, Curzon Ashton / King's Lynn, Braintree, Chelmsford, Stourbridge)

Vanarama national South:  Bromley (Bromley, Dorking / Gosport, Welling, Salisbury, Chippenham)

CUP WINNERS

English FA Cup:  Liverpool (vs Arsenal) 

Carabao Cup:  Man Utd (Vs Liverpool)

Community Shield:  Liverpool (vs Man Utd)

Leasing.com Trophy: Man City U23s (vs Brentford)

English FA Trophy: Macclesfield (vs Wrexham)

EURO QUALIFICATIONS

Champions Cup Group Stage:  Chelsea (Euro Cup Winners), Man Utd (Champions Cup Winners), Liverpool (2nd in EPL), Man City (3rd in EPL), Arsenal (4th in EPL)

Euro Cup Group Stage:  Everton (EPL 5th Place), Leicester (EPL 6th Place)

Euro Cup II Playoff: 

CONTINENTAL ACHIEVEMENTS

Arsenal -- Eliminated from European Super Cup (by A. Madrid)

Man City -- Eliminated from Champions League First Knockout Round  (by Zebre)

Arsenal -- Elimated from Champions League First Knockout Round (by FC Bayern)

Tottenham -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Semi Final Final (by Chelsea)

Bournmouth -- Eliminated from Euro Cup II Final  (by Borussia M'Gladbach)

Chelsea  -- Won Euro Cup (against A. Bilbao)

Man Utd  -- Won from Champions League (against Liverpool))

What's Next

Season Four -- overall, a good season.  Season Five....well, unless the rumored takeover comes thru, I'm not sure how far I'll make it this season.  Takeover rumor has started earlier than it had in the previous two years where takeover rumors exist -- but not holding my breath.  With no money coming in from the board (which consists of....my chairman....), and with our debt, and with the knowledge that my £7.5k/wk wage allowance will be down to about £5k/wk by Dec/Jan..... I'm losing interest rapidly.

To start the new season, I have a new keeper (someone I tried to sign 3 seasons ago, but got beat out --- he's better than Hall (who has been pretty good), but only wants backup status....so we'll see how much I can work him in w/o irritating him.  Also have another decent midfielder that can handle set piece duties for me --- something I've been missing this past season.  Other than that, I need a bit more to solidify my defense...midfield and forwards are still in great shape (Fielding was in on a 2-year deal, so didn't have to worry about resigning him!).

We'll see how far this season goes....if no takeover (or change in chairman's philosophy/money handling)….I might just sim to end of season and quit, trying to take over a new team that comes up that meets the requirements (or just start a new manager in 2025 w/ a team that meets those requirements).

Career Overview

Season                      Team                                    League                            League Position(Predicted)              FAT           FAC        JPT        LC      UEFA      CL

• Spoiler

2020/21          Needham Market          Vanarama North                              15(23)                             1rd         3QR

2021/22          Needham Market          Vanarama North                                8(23)                             3QR        4QR

2022/23          Needham Market          Vanarama North                                1(20)                                2R           3R

2023/24          Needham Market          Vanarama National                         14(23)                                1R           2R

9 hours ago, KVJ92 said:

This is the good option, right?? 

image.thumb.png.79598468e327e48e3495640960b356ea.png

That's definitely a pretty good option, in my save there were no changes at all as a result of Brexit which is best afaik. Given you'll need 8 homegrown players for European football anyway it's essentially the same as now. Unless non-EU players also don't require a permit? In which case your result is actually situationally better (as long as your 8 home grown players are also non-foreign).

@G_D_K great season, your board sound awful though, that's a horrible budget. I guess that's realistic though right? I can see why you'd find it frustrating to continue with that kind of absurd level of restriction but if it's any motivation I love reading about these saves with extra tribulations, it's much more interesting and more of a narrative than "oh we won promotion again" as impressive an achievement as that is (for example I don't think my save is that interesting to read about cause nothing's really gone seriously wrong - yet, there's still time :D).

1 hour ago, SnakeXe said:

@SnakeXe 

@G_D_K great season, your board sound awful though, that's a horrible budget. I guess that's realistic though right? I can see why you'd find it frustrating to continue with that kind of absurd level of restriction but if it's any motivation I love reading about these saves with extra tribulations, it's much more interesting and more of a narrative than "oh we won promotion again" as impressive an achievement as that is (for example I don't think my save is that interesting to read about cause nothing's really gone seriously wrong - yet, there's still time :D).

Yeah...gonna stick with it another season.  It's the first time in this challenge (I've been playing this challenge for at least six or seven past versions of FM) where by this point and with this debt I haven't 1) either had a takeover or 2)  at least have the board inject cash at least (and usually more than) once in 4+ seasons.  

We'll see what happens.  Third year in five I've got takeover rumors floating around... with an expectation of hitting -£1M cash debt by end of season (barring a great cup draw/run) I'm hoping that will trigger it.  Worst part is probably getting dinged for "failing to stay within budget" when I'm within budget, until I get 2 budget cuts in a season!

9 hours ago, SnakeXe said:

That's definitely a pretty good option, in my save there were no changes at all as a result of Brexit which is best afaik. Given you'll need 8 homegrown players for European football anyway it's essentially the same as now. Unless non-EU players also don't require a permit? In which case your result is actually situationally better (as long as your 8 home grown players are also non-foreign).

Perfect! Thanks :) I think they still need a work permit. There was an additional message with WP-rules. A certain amount of their nations international appearances before they would be given wp. 

I'll post an update for my first tomorrow! I did not relegate = success :D 

Edited by KVJ92

Scarborough Athletic Season 22/23

After last years semifinal lose I took a little break from this save. I had enough of getting close to promotion just to lose in the playoffs. So when I came back I knew that I need a real push for a promotion this season, with that in head I started investing into the team.

Transfers:

First we sold our first player for money. Our LB Johny Yfeko left us for newly promoted Boston United. We got 8.25k ou of it. Not the world but if I get money for it at this level every player is replaceable. And we found replacment in Tyreece Kennedy-Williams who came on loan from Notts County.  Hood our CB last year didn't wanted to stay so we got replacements in Morgan Williams from Coventry City and Daniel Obi fro league Rival Chorley. GK Jack Newman came on loan from Sunderland since I upset both my goalkeeper I had last year with non-contract offer, which I could release if/when I get a better keeper. Next up I signed Kian Harratt who should togetter with returning Jessop, last years league leading scorer, who returned for another season from Scunthrope. Later I signed another player from Chorley Jordan Clarke, he should have been an ugrade for my left wing, he was an upgrade but definitly not worth the 600 pounds I paid him every week. But that was not my biggest mistake. His name was Harry Middleton my scouts said he was a 4 star midfielder, so I paid him 700 pounds, he ended as a 2,5 star midfielder and was backup to my two midlfielders that where already on the team. I bought him out in January and hopefully saved some of my missinvested money.

Transfers

League:

part 1 part 2

Like last year my board was pretty unambitious, top half finish. But like I said before for me everthing else then promotion was a big disapointment. We started good into the season but we could never really get a big difference between us and South Shields. and then mid october we found our self in one of the biggest low I had so far with this club. Thankfully South Shields was even worse then we and ended the season on 6th place. Instead Spennymore and Chorley came for a push and so I lost my lead to Spennymore at the end of the year. But that last game in 2022 was also the last lose we had all season. After that we went on a 17 game unbeaten run and won the championsship with one game spare.

Table

FA Cup

This run was really unspectacular. Board wanted us to get into the first round we had only lower league teams and a later demoted blyth until we met Brackley Town in the first round we were tied after 90 min but for some reason it went to extra time instead of a replay(maybe because of the winter world cup) We missed a penalty in extra time and then in the shootout we missed all 3 penalties. And we were out only positive is Brackley town faced some league one club at home in the next round. So we didn't miss out on a big money game since without replay there was really a minimal chance to get a big away game out of this run.

Fa-Cup

FA-Trophy

The Board wanted us to get in the second round we lost in the first round because the game was during our big losing phase.

FA trophy

General Review/Preview:

Personal: Still doing Coaches courses right now I do the Continental A and I got my first rival, because I didn't use his player that he loaned to me(back before I decided to push for promotion). And lastly I finally have full scouting knowledge of England(I haven't watched any swiss players but looks like I know my swiss player still pretty well). 

Coach

Club: Player of the Season was Striker Club leading Goalscorer Ryan Harrett who won fans Player of the season young player of the season and signing of the season.
team awards

Financially we look okay but we can't spend much more money to still make break even, so for now I will start into the National league within the same budget I set for this season(less then I could spend). Part of the money we have at the moment on the bank will have to go into the stadium expansion to fullfill the league minimum(60k for 700 more people seems not really efficent to me) The Club vision is finally a bit more ambitious for next season they hope for a midseason finish and from there they slowley want to push for playoffs. 

financesBoard Vision

I have to say I'm happy I don't have to spend  another year in the National league North and ready to move on. The only sad part is that this will definitly be the end of my last 2 players who played for me all 3 seasons. James Morris my topscorer in the first season is still on a non contract and will just stay there until he wants to go or I go pro. Will Annan the only remaining player who was on the team when I took over didn't wanted a non-contract. After the season ended I found out why. Looks like after the first season I gave him a new 2 year deal, at that point I didn't really thought about a promotion so I gave him a 2 year extension clause if we get promoted. Sooooo.... he stays with the team for 2 more years(it's only 160 pounds so should be fine)

I've decided to give this challenge a go for the first time. I was hoping for Yate Town, but I've had to settle for Weston-super-Mare instead.

I'm not sure if I've uploaded this right, but here goes...

Manager profile:

2040845839_numero_Profile.thumb.png.f7ad747ddd2900a90efe150daaffcd0b.png

I'm a few games into the season, having spent a fair while trying to build something approaching a competitive squad. We're still short in a few areas (we started the season without a right back...), but it's been a positive start. I've done the Ultimate challenge a couple of times, so trying to think about potential long-term planning is a different experience this time around!

Edited by numero uno gunner

On 16/01/2020 at 11:33, greenWhale said:

You can sim two seasons, as long as you take over a team that just got promoted that season. I'm unsure what the point of that would be though.

Because sometimes you get teams that start the game in tier eight.  For example, in my save, I have had Cambridge City come up.

On 21/01/2020 at 12:36, KVJ92 said:

This is the good option, right?? 

image.thumb.png.79598468e327e48e3495640960b356ea.png

One of the best ones.  The best variance of this is the 17 foreign player limit, together with a guaranteed work permit if you pay them £8,000 per week.  When you are in the Premier League (and Championship to a lesser degree), you can sign pretty much anyone from anywhere.

4 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

One of the best ones.  The best variance of this is the 17 foreign player limit, together with a guaranteed work permit if you pay them £8,000 per week.  When you are in the Premier League (and Championship to a lesser degree), you can sign pretty much anyone from anywhere.

I didn't get the guaranteed work permit. They need a specific percentage of international appearances. But I guess it'll be fine if they are good enough :)

On 21/01/2020 at 18:10, G_D_K said:

Yeah...gonna stick with it another season.  It's the first time in this challenge (I've been playing this challenge for at least six or seven past versions of FM) where by this point and with this debt I haven't 1) either had a takeover or 2)  at least have the board inject cash at least (and usually more than) once in 4+ seasons.  

We'll see what happens.  Third year in five I've got takeover rumors floating around... with an expectation of hitting -£1M cash debt by end of season (barring a great cup draw/run) I'm hoping that will trigger it.  Worst part is probably getting dinged for "failing to stay within budget" when I'm within budget, until I get 2 budget cuts in a season!

And.....right on schedule...Oct 2 of season 6....the board cuts my wage budget from £7.65k/wk to £5.36k/wk..... (actually, a steeper percentage cut than he's made in the past....means by January I'll be down to...£3.9k/wk???

Kings Langley - Vanarama National League South - 2020/2021

League Table – Great first season!

FA Cup – Lost to a non-league. Dropped a 2-0 lead in the first leg. They scored in 90+3 in the second

FA Trophy – 4th round loss to Chesham who lost in playoff in North. Managed to beat Stockport from the league above. They ended 14th.

Squad – Manage to extend the major players contract. Will look into the loan and non-contract players for the coming season as the wage budget might be used already..

Transfers

Finances – My board injected 2x 50k and 110k at the end of the season.

Key Player Profiles:

Alfie Matthews - top scorer in a support role. 

Dylan Duncan – Highest average rating

Reece Hannam – Best defender 

Career Overview:

Season          Team              League                                     Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/2021       Kings Langley     Vanarama National League South             10th         n/a

Next Season:

- Move towards playoff hopefully
- New coaching license

Edited by KVJ92

Finally got time to at least pick my team. Hoping to get some time on the save soon, but for now my team. I wanted a team from Liverpool as I went two seasons ahead, but wasn’t to be so went back to end after season 1 and got closest team to Liverpool which is Warrington. Nickname is one of my favourite TV shows “The Wire” anyway here is my manager profile

0C53AD93-86D7-4676-AF99-0480CFAFE810.jpeg

Edited by lfc7

22 hours ago, G_D_K said:

And.....right on schedule...Oct 2 of season 6....the board cuts my wage budget from £7.65k/wk to £5.36k/wk..... (actually, a steeper percentage cut than he's made in the past....means by January I'll be down to...£3.9k/wk???

Damn board :mad:

14 hours ago, KVJ92 said:

Kings Langley - Vanarama National League South - 2020/2021

League Table – Great first season!

FA Cup – Lost to a non-league. Dropped a 2-0 lead in the first leg. They scored in 90+3 in the second

FA Trophy – 4th round loss to Chesham who lost in playoff in North. Managed to beat Stockport from the league above. They ended 14th.

Squad – Manage to extend the major players contract. Will look into the loan and non-contract players for the coming season as the wage budget might be used already..

Transfers

Finances – My board injected 2x 50k and 110k at the end of the season.

Key Player Profiles:

Alfie Matthews - top scorer in a support role. 

Dylan Duncan – Highest average rating

Reece Hannam – Best defender 

Career Overview:

Season          Team              League                                     Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/2021       Kings Langley     Vanarama National League South             10th         n/a

Next Season:

- Move towards playoff hopefully
- New coaching license

Nice good luck next season 

On 22/01/2020 at 23:31, numero uno gunner said:

I've decided to give this challenge a go for the first time. I was hoping for Yate Town, but I've had to settle for Weston-super-Mare instead.

I'm not sure if I've uploaded this right, but here goes...

Manager profile:

2040845839_numero_Profile.thumb.png.f7ad747ddd2900a90efe150daaffcd0b.png

I'm a few games into the season, having spent a fair while trying to build something approaching a competitive squad. We're still short in a few areas (we started the season without a right back...), but it's been a positive start. I've done the Ultimate challenge a couple of times, so trying to think about potential long-term planning is a different experience this time around!

Good luck 

So I am doing this with my fourth team (Bamber Bridge, Kings Langley, South Shields and now FC United) and have reached the Premier League.  With the exception of South Shields (which was pure boredom), I have given up as I grew tired of the game once I reach the top flight.

I sold a teenage player at FC United to Borussia Dortmund for £1m when I was in the National League.  I just got an inbox message stating I have been given £42,500,000 as Dortmund have sold him to Liverpool for £86,000,000.  :eek:

51 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

So I am doing this with my fourth team (Bamber Bridge, Kings Langley, South Shields and now FC United) and have reached the Premier League.  With the exception of South Shields (which was pure boredom), I have given up as I grew tired of the game once I reach the top flight.

I sold a teenage player at FC United to Borussia Dortmund for £1m when I was in the National League.  I just got an inbox message stating I have been given £42,500,000 as Dortmund have sold him to Liverpool for £86,000,000.  :eek:

:eek::eek::eek: did you have 50% sell on clause ?

Edited by lfc7

SnakeXe @ Salisbury - Season 11 - 2030/31

Summary
There was definitely progress this season as we didn't ever really worry about relegation, but not as much as I'd have liked. We're still struggling to score consistently and the floodgates seem to creak open at the back too often for my liking. I guess at least we've been able to play some proactive football this season, and another year of first team football under the belts of some of our talented young players has to be a good thing though, hopefully next season we can kick on properly.

Competitions
Premier League - 10th
FA Cup - Quarter Final
League Cup - 2nd Round

Squad
The quality is definitely increasing but we probably need a few more experienced heads to go alongside Muhammed and Bastoni at the back, the rest of the team is a bit callow and that's probably influencing the inconsistency. In particular we need a reliable striker - Schels or Kang may yet become that but right now they aren't, and my first choice striker this season Chavalle was largely awful.

Transfers
Big profits moving on the likes of Thorpe, Owens and Douglas (good servants all but not likely to take us to the heights we're after) was reinvested in first team ready players. I'm largely pleased with my business but £11m for Selmi is looking a little steep now he's not even in the starting XI after Romeu's arrival, not sure what I was thinking there.

Manager's player of the season - Matteo Farina
Scored with regularity at the start of the season but the goals dried up a bit towards the end, still probably our most consistent player overall though.

| 2030/31 | 10  | Premier League        | -  | -  | QF  | R2 | -   | -   |                            |

53 minutes ago, SnakeXe said:

SnakeXe @ Salisbury - Season 11 - 2030/31

Summary
There was definitely progress this season as we didn't ever really worry about relegation, but not as much as I'd have liked. We're still struggling to score consistently and the floodgates seem to creak open at the back too often for my liking. I guess at least we've been able to play some proactive football this season, and another year of first team football under the belts of some of our talented young players has to be a good thing though, hopefully next season we can kick on properly.

Competitions
Premier League - 10th
FA Cup - Quarter Final
League Cup - 2nd Round

Squad
The quality is definitely increasing but we probably need a few more experienced heads to go alongside Muhammed and Bastoni at the back, the rest of the team is a bit callow and that's probably influencing the inconsistency. In particular we need a reliable striker - Schels or Kang may yet become that but right now they aren't, and my first choice striker this season Chavalle was largely awful.

Transfers
Big profits moving on the likes of Thorpe, Owens and Douglas (good servants all but not likely to take us to the heights we're after) was reinvested in first team ready players. I'm largely pleased with my business but £11m for Selmi is looking a little steep now he's not even in the starting XI after Romeu's arrival, not sure what I was thinking there.

Manager's player of the season - Matteo Farina
Scored with regularity at the start of the season but the goals dried up a bit towards the end, still probably our most consistent player overall though.

| 2030/31 | 10  | Premier League        | -  | -  | QF  | R2 | -   | -   |                            |

Congrats on the 10th place finish next season maybe european football ;) I am hoping to make a start on my warrington save later

Edited by lfc7

35 minutes ago, lfc7 said:

Congrats on the 10th place finish next season maybe european football ;) I am hoping to make a start on my warrington save later

Surprisingly we were only a win on the last day (and a bunch of goal difference admittedly) from that last European place this season. Assuming the bar doesn't change too much I think we could definitely do it, especially if we get a reliable goalscorer.

57 minutes ago, SnakeXe said:

Surprisingly we were only a win on the last day (and a bunch of goal difference admittedly) from that last European place this season. Assuming the bar doesn't change too much I think we could definitely do it, especially if we get a reliable goalscorer.

Good luck with the season ahead 

So apparently I forgot to upload my season overview for last season, wrote it, didn't post it, so actually finished the season after it as well but will wait a little before posting that (plus I've got to write it anyway)

gQk0Y0s.jpg

Bognor Regis Town 2022/23

Season Overview

Vanarama National League South – 1st Place – Champions

The final league table makes our season look somewhat more of a breeze than was actually the case, and we were actually without a win in the league until the 4th game in the season which was a slim 1-0 away victory against Kingstonian. After that we went on a strong run of form winning the majority with a few draws in between before we had our first loss of the season since the opening day in mid-November. That loss only slowed us slightly with us winning most games following that before the new year when a lucky 4-0 turnover of then second place Dulwich Hamlet left us 10 points clear at the top of the table. Unfortunately, immediately following the win our form dipped significantly with our lead slimmed to 2 points at one point. Luckily we managed to string together 11 consecutive league victories to storm to a league win, but despite of such a strong finish we only wrapped up the league title with 3 games to go thanks to both Dulwich Hamlet and Dartford matching our end of season form until the tail end of the season.

FA Cup – 4th Qualifying Round

Bitterly disappointing showing in the FA Cup, a deserved 2-1 victory for Hungerford in this one

FA Trophy – Semi-Final

I did say I wanted a cup run this season, and we got one, unfortunately coming in the FA trophy not the FA cup, this culminated in a loss over two legs to Yeovil, a 2-2 draw at home before we lost 3-1 at Huish Park

Awards --- Stats --- Fixtures (1) --- Fixtures (2) --- Season Review --- Hot Prospect --- Key Player --- Overall Best XI --- Squad

TransfersMost of the transfers this season we just for squad depth, we’d performed very well in the previous season so not much needed to change, however, centre midfield was the area which we brought in two first choice players. This, despite our player of the season last season being our deep lying playmaker as I had some questions over his long term potential which given the transfer limitations I’ve set myself is something that needs to be strong.

Player of the season Mark Manning: Immediate validation for replacing Luke Gray in the team, his direct replacement winning player of the season, 2 goals and 9 assists covering a small part of his contribution to our success.

Finances No FA Cup run again, we just broke even this season, but are still in the red. Maybe next season is the one to get us back into the black.

Next Season

I never really know what to aim for on promotion, especially when compared to the majority of the teams in the league we were significantly better than. With that in mind hopefully we can record a mid-table position, but really, I’d be happy just avoiding relegation. Most players I want to keep have agreed at least one year contract extensions with the current exception being our player of the season Mark Manning however I remain hopeful he’ll sign as his contract runs down. In terms of transfers, the main area I want to improve on is the left side of the pitch both the left back position and the left wing position the key areas for improvement. Striker is another area which I want to improve, despite Christian Saydee recording 53 league goals in the past two seasons, the majority of those goals come in the first half of the season, so hopefully will be able to get a more reliable goalscorer.

News

Another season, another stadium expansion, I’m also now working towards my Continental B Licence so well on my way Coaching badges wise.

wHdub0Y.jpg

33 minutes ago, _JHTB_ said:

So apparently I forgot to upload my season overview for last season, wrote it, didn't post it, so actually finished the season after it as well but will wait a little before posting that (plus I've got to write it anyway)

gQk0Y0s.jpg

Bognor Regis Town 2022/23

Season Overview

Vanarama National League South – 1st Place – Champions

The final league table makes our season look somewhat more of a breeze than was actually the case, and we were actually without a win in the league until the 4th game in the season which was a slim 1-0 away victory against Kingstonian. After that we went on a strong run of form winning the majority with a few draws in between before we had our first loss of the season since the opening day in mid-November. That loss only slowed us slightly with us winning most games following that before the new year when a lucky 4-0 turnover of then second place Dulwich Hamlet left us 10 points clear at the top of the table. Unfortunately, immediately following the win our form dipped significantly with our lead slimmed to 2 points at one point. Luckily we managed to string together 11 consecutive league victories to storm to a league win, but despite of such a strong finish we only wrapped up the league title with 3 games to go thanks to both Dulwich Hamlet and Dartford matching our end of season form until the tail end of the season.

FA Cup – 4th Qualifying Round

Bitterly disappointing showing in the FA Cup, a deserved 2-1 victory for Hungerford in this one

FA Trophy – Semi-Final

I did say I wanted a cup run this season, and we got one, unfortunately coming in the FA trophy not the FA cup, this culminated in a loss over two legs to Yeovil, a 2-2 draw at home before we lost 3-1 at Huish Park

Awards --- Stats --- Fixtures (1) --- Fixtures (2) --- Season Review --- Hot Prospect --- Key Player --- Overall Best XI --- Squad

TransfersMost of the transfers this season we just for squad depth, we’d performed very well in the previous season so not much needed to change, however, centre midfield was the area which we brought in two first choice players. This, despite our player of the season last season being our deep lying playmaker as I had some questions over his long term potential which given the transfer limitations I’ve set myself is something that needs to be strong.

Player of the season Mark Manning: Immediate validation for replacing Luke Gray in the team, his direct replacement winning player of the season, 2 goals and 9 assists covering a small part of his contribution to our success.

Finances No FA Cup run again, we just broke even this season, but are still in the red. Maybe next season is the one to get us back into the black.

Next Season

I never really know what to aim for on promotion, especially when compared to the majority of the teams in the league we were significantly better than. With that in mind hopefully we can record a mid-table position, but really, I’d be happy just avoiding relegation. Most players I want to keep have agreed at least one year contract extensions with the current exception being our player of the season Mark Manning however I remain hopeful he’ll sign as his contract runs down. In terms of transfers, the main area I want to improve on is the left side of the pitch both the left back position and the left wing position the key areas for improvement. Striker is another area which I want to improve, despite Christian Saydee recording 53 league goals in the past two seasons, the majority of those goals come in the first half of the season, so hopefully will be able to get a more reliable goalscorer.

News

Another season, another stadium expansion, I’m also now working towards my Continental B Licence so well on my way Coaching badges wise.

wHdub0Y.jpg

Congrats on the league and promotion, 107 points :applause:good luck for next season 

3 minutes ago, lfc7 said:

Congrats on the league and promotion, 107 points :applause:good luck for next season 

Thanks! Crazy that 107 points only won the league in the last few games, would hurt to get 95 points and be 12 points away from the League win.

Just wondering how people are playing there saves as i read elsewhere about not using player or staff search and only signing staff through adverts. Is this something everyone does ? I know about Dafuge's rules just wondering about these as i never really play LLM. Also what about getting team reports on opposition teams further up the league for loans etc ? is this not okay ? thanks 

18 minutes ago, lfc7 said:

Just wondering how people are playing there saves as i read elsewhere about not using player or staff search and only signing staff through adverts. Is this something everyone does ? I know about Dafuge's rules just wondering about these as i never really play LLM. Also what about getting team reports on opposition teams further up the league for loans etc ? is this not okay ? thanks 

The LLM playstyle is to do things as realistically as possible, so stuff like not using searches and placing staff adverts is part of that (however I think nowadays that's a little different with scouting databases that clubs can subscribe to etc - sure, at the very bottom it's probably more realistic to rely on your scouts but as you move up the league your club would be buying access to these things and I think that's roughly what the screen at the start of the season when you choose your scouting packages is trying to emulate). Basically I'd just use your judgement about what you'd consider realistic for the club and position you're in, if that's what you want to do.

3 minutes ago, SnakeXe said:

The LLM playstyle is to do things as realistically as possible, so stuff like not using searches and placing staff adverts is part of that (however I think nowadays that's a little different with scouting databases that clubs can subscribe to etc - sure, at the very bottom it's probably more realistic to rely on your scouts but as you move up the league your club would be buying access to these things and I think that's roughly what the screen at the start of the season when you choose your scouting packages is trying to emulate). Basically I'd just use your judgement about what you'd consider realistic for the club and position you're in, if that's what you want to do.

Ok thanks i shall avoid getting team reports and using player search etc. So basically rely on my scouts, agent offers and loans from affiliates