FM 20 Tycoon takeover thread

Ross Ingersoll

Went ahead and started this up, post any and all tycoons here please that you want to share with the good people of these forums. I will most likely post some after the game comes out the 19th or whatever. 

Edited by Ross Ingersoll

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FifaBing said:

Always love this thread. 

Are there any clubs that have a higher chance of a take over relatively soon after a new save? Newcastle? 

Newcastle definetly do. When you takeover and it gives you the 5 year plan Season 2,3,4 and 5 only say look to sell club. They also tried to sell it 2 week into my current save.

On 08/11/2019 at 10:30, 20LEgend Razman said:

End of Season One, Newcastle have had  Tycoon takeover. Over one million wages and nearly a hundred and fifty million to spend. They finished thirteenth in season one.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jybn8r63um0y5o8/Newcastle_Tycoon.fm/file

I'd be interested in that, they're my English team. 

Anyone had any in Scotland yet?

Just started to holiday 1 season with your save, I'm curious to see the budget then. I don't know whether to go with your save or stick with my Leeds one.

Also I'm a Rangers fan & I notice Gerrard left for Southampton first season on your save to, I'm just starting 2020/21 with Leeds in the PL.

Leicester one of those that got relegated, which is surprising.

Edited by toon army 06

6 hours ago, toon army 06 said:

The chances increase on the full game?

only because some do them from the editor plus people usually wait intil the reg version comes out. as long as you do the edt method, shouldnt be too hard although tbh sometimes one can take five minutes and another one takes five hours

Hello, 

Found an interresting tycoon save that some might be interested after being offered the job in-game. I had holidayed for a year hoping to find a long term save, so the game start date is 4/06/2020

The club is Billericay Town playing rite at the bottom tier in england (National League South). Singaporean tycoon took over 19/11/2019 turned the club PRO and just sacked their manager. 14M in bank & 6M transfer fees! lol 

I am having lotsa fun with this save going into 2nd season. Good luck with urs. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/90npbui9o48cdl4/Billericay_Town_Tycoon.fm/file

Edited by bl4cky

On 20/11/2019 at 00:29, Ross Ingersoll said:

only because some do them from the editor plus people usually wait intil the reg version comes out. as long as you do the edt method, shouldnt be too hard although tbh sometimes one can take five minutes and another one takes five hours

How do you do it again?

2 hours ago, toon army 06 said:

Can the editor to be used to set a date for a club to be taken over? Or even change an owners status to wanting to leave?

you can edit the edt and have a owner take over a club on a certain date however I dont believe you can specify what type of owner he is . 

1 hour ago, wicksyFM said:

Just noticed a strange Tycoon takeover in my save. A spanish team called Antiguoko. Whats strange is that they are a team that plays in the youth leagues of Spanish football and can only sign U19 players. 

What is the point in that

How much money? 

On 21/11/2019 at 18:51, Ross Ingersoll said:

Have done this method yesterday. I keep. Simming two months and the consortium pull the plug. Of note there hasnt been a tycoon after about 20 sims. Is this pot luck of getting a tycoon? Will there ever be one or because of the team I am there won't be a tycoon? There is interested buyers but no tycoon. Will one ever come? 

I've done it with Burton Albion BTW. 

• 2 weeks later...

why is it so hard to get a tycoon takeover for english sky league two teams? I had almost one russian tycoon takeover for bradford city in my first season, willing to put in 38.5mil for player transfers but it ended up failed due to the board pressing them. Ever since i have tried replaying the same and different saves but i can no longer get a tycoon takeover. All i have is promotion from within, which is really frustrating. Anyone knows why?

Edited by weilun

On 09/01/2020 at 07:04, weilun said:

why is it so hard to get a tycoon takeover for english sky league two teams? I had almost one russian tycoon takeover for bradford city in my first season, willing to put in 38.5mil for player transfers but it ended up failed due to the board pressing them. Ever since i have tried replaying the same and different saves but i can no longer get a tycoon takeover. All i have is promotion from within, which is really frustrating. Anyone knows why?

I'm struggling to get 1 for a Prem team as well which you would think would be easier 

15 hours ago, Welshace said:

Surely if people are using the editor to manipulate the game anyway, why don't they just edit the board and click sugar daddy option in the editor... same thing, achieved in 1 minute..

To me that ruins the immersion though.