Sports Interactive Community

Summary: No dynamics/links between players by December 22nd

Description of Issue: I have no links despite mainly using the same starting XI (not even orange links). The only link present in my team is between McGinn and Grealish (hard coded I believe from the previous season). I believe due to this players can barely string passes together despite fitting tactic

Steps to Reproduce: N/A, present in game

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloudhttps://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4 "Alan Carr - Aston Villa"

Edited by thefwf

Holidayed until the beginning of December with Chester and I have the same issue. MY two CM's have played the majority of the matches yet they have no link.

File uploaded

Kris Bower - Chester.fm

Chester Tactics.png

Edited by Krisbow

I'm also having this issue, not able to upload save game right now though.  Have played untill 1st of january with no connections at all

I’ve had a similar issue, where links have been present but have then disappeared a few months into the season. No new links forming either, despite having a solid starting line up.

Also having this same issue, 2nd season now and no dynamics developed whatsoever.

Same issue after 6 months. Also in the information screen links with players who has been sold is still there (Believes the current good run of form is down to link with x player - who I sold at the starting transfer window)

As a note, players have to be playing together regularly and well for a partnership to form.

However, these do look worth investigating. We need saves where two players have played consistently well together over a period of time to nail this one down please.

Something is definitely bugging, no new links at all. And as mentioned, Lucas Torreira believes his link with Xhaka is the reason for the current good form, despite the two never having played together and Xhaka being sold early on. Also Arsenal fans was angry about Xhaka being sold ;)
https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4 - file name is arsenal.fm

Cudos for making it impossible to offload Özil though lol.

Edited by jonathanw

FM20--Beta--Hans Dampf – Steaua Bukarest

Edited by juve2004

14 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

As a note, players have to be playing together regularly and well for a partnership to form.

However, these do look worth investigating. We need saves where two players have played consistently well together over a period of time to nail this one down please.

How can you upload the save?  its on 112MB, but max is 9 ?

Edited by Slaskie

4 hours ago, Slaskie said:

How can you upload the save?  its on 112MB, but max is 9 ?

23 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Can you confirm if this is actually the case? In FM18/19, if players were playing together regularly, but not well, they'd have a yellow/orange partnership line.

Edited by autohoratio

16 hours ago, autohoratio said:

Can you confirm if this is actually the case? In FM18/19, if players were playing together regularly, but not well, they'd have a yellow/orange partnership line.

Well if obviously subjective, but the better the play the quicker it should form.

i have a save with arsenal in oct 2020, no new partnerships have been made, the only one i have is from the begining with laca and auba, in the season 19/20 i was 3rd in the premier with 87 points ( damm city and liverpool ) and also won the euro cup, so yea my team is playing "well" but the link between bellerin/pepe or tierney/everton/vinicious jr never happened, my starting defenders were david luis with sokratis and they never linked up either not even an orange link, in fm19 you could get that within a couple months of playing together, right now am going 1st in the league 22points in 8 games and 3 points ahead from 2nd, my team is playing the best it currently it can, still no new partnership links.

am only mentioning the links problem, but after playing a whole season i do agree with a few comments in other posts about the 1vs1 chances being unbalanced and the almost non existant tap in goals due to wide players always choosing to shoot at goal with no angle even when a teammate is free in the middle for an easy tap in, other than that i think everything is great.

Edited by kertiek

I'm at the end of the first season having played almost the same XI every game and I have one partnership formed which predated the games start. 

Replying on my previous comment. Season 2. No links despite multiple apps together and team cohesion at "Good". 

In terms of other comments: agree with WBs shooting often (have not selected shoot less often though and I actually find it quite fun to watch them rip long shots).

Will also post this in a separate post, but when managing match tactics in the tactics screen, if you save a few tactics and try to delete one of them, when you press delete tactic, it will remove a different tactic and maintain the tactic you tried to delete.

Otherwise loving the beta. Hope the dynamic links issue won't require a new save! But thank you for your hard work on this game. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 9.57.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 9.59.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 9.59.51 PM.png

Same here

First season almost over, not a single partnership while I've played the same starting 11 for the majority of the season

On 02/11/2019 at 21:46, Seb Wassell said:

Any update on this issue - Was it fixed in the latest update or are you still investigating? 

1 hour ago, jonathanw said:

Any update on this issue - Was it fixed in the latest update or are you still investigating? 

This is still under review, but we're aware and investigating :thup:

I'm in November 2021 with Man Utd and there are still no links between players. So there are definitely something wrong there.

FM20 .png

Thanks for the post. We have this issue under review internally.

To add to this, it looks like it's only affecting teams under the player manager's control.

Other managers seem to be getting the links as seen below:

image.thumb.png.61d8a240c140e04f54ac46f831d5623a.png

since the last patch (public beta branch), my team played 25 games and i have two new links, DL -> AML and DR -> AMR have partnerships. this is working ok now.

13 hours ago, kertiek said:

since the last patch (public beta branch), my team played 25 games and i have two new links, DL -> AML and DR -> AMR have partnerships. this is working ok now.

Is that the 2.0.1.0 version?

2 hours ago, Danwolf said:

Was that with a new save, or your previous save?

with the old save, played like 10+ games with the same starters and a few new links popped up

Em 04/11/2019 em 10:07, kertiek disse:

am only mentioning the links problem, but after playing a whole season i do agree with a few comments in other posts about the 1vs1 chances being unbalanced and the almost non existant tap in goals due to wide players always choosing to shoot at goal with no angle even when a teammate is free in the middle for an easy tap in, other than that i think everything is great.

Create a thread or search for one about this and post your pkms showing when it happens and appoint what attacks where the player could pass in a 2-1 play. I am uniting some files to post too. 

On 15/11/2019 at 05:53, kertiek said:

with the old save, played like 10+ games with the same starters and a few new links popped up

I'm at 20 games with the new patch on the old save, no links, though I have been doing rotating.

Edited by jonathanw

28 minutes ago, jonathanw said:

I'm at 20 games with the new patch on the old save, no links, though I have been doing rotating.

i play with a 4 4 2, my starters are fully linked .. DL -> AML, DR -> AMR, DCL -> DCR, MCL -> MCR, STL -> STR

10 minutes ago, kertiek said:

i play with a 4 4 2, my starters are fully linked .. DL -> AML, DR -> AMR, DCL -> DCR, MCL -> MCR, STL -> STR

bleeh.. Well I hope I'll start seeing some links soon as well, don't wanna quit this save.