FM20 Hidden Gems

JamieFMScout

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Karim Adeyemi from Salzburg. I signed him on a free beginning of my 3rd season still only 19 by then. His price went straight up to 27m. I loaned him out to west brom and he has been tearing it up for them

I signed Jairo Concha on a free transfer in January 2020, from his Peruvian club Universidad San Martin. Now, in 2023, he's the subject of £45m bids from China and interest from Man Utd.

eaeb03fe66468bf1451aac6aca7e135c.png

089eafdf335979db2a38c6e6c1d17879.png

EDIT: And the offers from China are still coming in...the latest:

53497460b71f030de0cab9c1e48e0a1a.png

Edited by nsd

So I've just started my Salford City save having spent a bit of time getting to grips with the game and wanted to share a couple of players I've picked up so far.

Bicho - Free Transfer - I think he's mentioned somewhere on this forum already, commanded quite a high wage (£2.3k per week iirc), but is an absolute stand out in League Two. Very technical AMC capable of playing on both flanks.

Sergio - £450 (yes that's right, £450!) - Another Spaniard whom is far too good for League Two. Has only just joined Sant Julia, the Andorran side he's currently at so persuading him to come was a bit of a long term plan but finally managed to grab him in December ready for January. Very attacking AML/AMC boasting some very tidy stats and would still cut it at Championship level, same as Bicho.

Edited by SirCular

18 minutes ago, Welshace said:

first season? second season? in the champ? what type of striker?

First season in January 

Playing as advance forward so would like a pacey type but would also take a big target man, just need someone to get me goals got Rhian Brewster on loan but only scored 3 for me so far.

18 minutes ago, Russell10 said:

First season in January 

Playing as advance forward so would like a pacey type but would also take a big target man, just need someone to get me goals got Rhian Brewster on loan but only scored 3 for me so far.

If you can't get brewster scoring, i doubt many strikers for 1million will do much better... would suggest it's probably your style of play maybe?

That said.. try:

Bruno Fornaroli

Henry Martín

Fabian Klos

Lucas Cavallini

Luka Zahovic

Giuseppe Panico

Have a look at Okyere Wriedt (FC Bayern 11). His contract normally expires at the end of the first season and he usually gets released by them. You should be able to approach him in January and his German second nationality means no WP issues. He's the type of striker I could see doing well at Millwall both in game and IRL.

11 hours ago, Welshace said:

Few more interesting finds, apologies as always if they've already been mentioned:

Some good find there. Appolis developed quite well in my FM19 save (I didn't buy him). Strellec is my kind of signing, though.

If you need a right och left wingback, you should check out Aaron Hickey in Hearts. He is very good. I bought him for 161 067 pund. After one season he is improved a lot and right now he is valued to 55 milion.

@Welshace I had Finn Becker on loan in L1 3rd season at Notts County. Did ok for us and was a useful squad member. As For Macias, no, but just checked him in my Brentford save and he has 20 aggression, my eyes have lit up for a PF if he can get a WP! :lol:

Edited by Fubz

On 11/01/2020 at 23:01, QPRSteve said:

Moha, Moroccan AML with Spanish second nationality playing for Slovan Bratislava.  Some very good stats including 17 for passing.   Very good championship player costs around 2.5 million.

He looks great... i want him to play in the centre though.. would be amazing there

On 11/01/2020 at 23:01, QPRSteve said:

Moha, Moroccan AML with Spanish second nationality playing for Slovan Bratislava.  Some very good stats including 17 for passing.   Very good championship player costs around 2.5 million.

Is he the lad that came through the Barca youth system?

Edit: No he isn't just did some checking.

Edited by Geordieboy52

1 hour ago, SirCular said:

Just found another Spanish gem in the lower leagues - Nacho Huertas who is at Villarrobledo. Very tidy looking left winger that I'll certainly be looking at bringing in, with his contract also expiring in 2020.

For those interested in him:  CX51xpk.png

Some decent attributes, but I fear it's masking his massive one footedness... that said, he's competent in the middle and I reckon he could do a great job there in a lower league if he is willing to move... great find! i love this sort of thing... will definitely be giving him a go.. reminds me of Damien Boudjemaa from previous versions who was a favourite of mine.

Brandon Cortés of Boca Juniors is well worth a look. He moved to Orlando City for £2.3m in 2020, before moving to Spurs for £7m. Another Argentinian superstar  

Sorry, I only have 5th season screenshot of him - he's joining my Kaiserslautern side on a free :D 

7e99954b5fa3f1c23c79d039018e90da.png

14 hours ago, Stu_UBJ said:

Brandon Cortés of Boca Juniors is well worth a look. He moved to Orlando City for £2.3m in 2020, before moving to Spurs for £7m. Another Argentinian superstar  

Sorry, I only have 5th season screenshot of him - he's joining my Kaiserslautern side on a free :D 

With those stats and a full star worse than Sergio Santa Cruz - Who is Santa Cruz???

35 minutes ago, macca72 said:

With those stats and a full star worse than Sergio Santa Cruz - Who is Santa Cruz???

14 hours ago, Stu_UBJ said:

Also.. what skin is that?

10 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Just signed a lad from Dundee Utd - Chris Mochrie.  Came up as a 83/100 recommendation at Atl Madrid in 2020

I would keep a very close eye on Scotland. Loads of good youngsters come through. Across the city, look at Finlay Robertson.

1 hour ago, dothestrand said:

I would keep a very close eye on Scotland. Loads of good youngsters come through. Across the city, look at Finlay Robertson.

Will do. Seems that there is definitely a golden generation coming out of Scotland.  Really like Aaron Hickey this year too.

On 15/01/2020 at 14:43, Welshace said:

Also.. what skin is that?

Skin is TCS 2020.

On 15/01/2020 at 14:06, macca72 said:

Santa Cruz is a regen I signed from Boca 2 seasons ago for £4.5m - 

f3cbede6242bded9714d25f0c0b2a3f1.png

On 15/01/2020 at 10:59, Stu_UBJ said:

@Stu_UBJ - Thanks for the heads up on Cortés! He's a very intriguing player, in my game he was "dubbed the next Batistuta" and then "the next Ramon Diaz". 

Some of his starting stats seem to be random and start off fairly low but he develops very quickly with exposure to first team football. I signed him for Parma and although his first few performances were poor, he's become an integral part of the first team and has formed a great partnership with Inglese. Here's a screenshot of him 9 games into his second season. He ended up scoring 12 league goals in 24 appearances in his first season - very solid indeed.

1452905269_ScreenShot2020-01-19at11_53_24pm.thumb.png.6cdf7859aaed4e81ec049363b48de969.png

Dare I say it: he reminds me quite a lot of 2001-era Cherno Samba!

20 minutes ago, 2481 said:

@Stu_UBJ - Thanks for the heads up on Cortés! He's a very intriguing player, in my game he was "dubbed the next Batistuta" and then "the next Ramon Diaz". 

Some of his starting stats seem to be random and start off fairly low but he develops very quickly with exposure to first team football. I signed him for Parma and although his first few performances were poor, he's become an integral part of the first team and has formed a great partnership with Inglese. Here's a screenshot of him 9 games into his second season. He ended up scoring 12 league goals in 24 appearances in his first season - very solid indeed.

1452905269_ScreenShot2020-01-19at11_53_24pm.thumb.png.6cdf7859aaed4e81ec049363b48de969.png

Dare I say it: he reminds me quite a lot of 2001-era Cherno Samba!

There is certainly potentil to sell him for £30-£50m after a couple of decent seasons, which considering how cheaply he can be picked up makes this a no brainer either way. I reckon he'd do well even at big clubs as rotation or backup. 

He does have randon attributes, and a random PA, however I looked on a couple of other saves I had running and he is as good as on my Kaiserslautern save.

36 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Wolves target as reported today...  looks decent:

CnQRbpP.png

Already wanted at the start of the save by big teams like Milan and Dortmund...

Yeah, like him a lot - along with a few Ecuador u20 teammates, was good following the winter update of FM19 too. Having seen some of his performances at the South American u20 championships, feel that the (hard-coded) 8 for first touch is very harsh - looks a real classy, well-rounded striker to me. Interesting one if he does go to Wolves.

6 minutes ago, fidelitywars said:

Yeah, like him a lot - along with a few Ecuador u20 teammates, was good following the winter update of FM19 too. Having seen some of his performances at the South American u20 championships, feel that the (hard-coded) 8 for first touch is very harsh - looks a real classy, well-rounded striker to me. Interesting one if he does go to Wolves.

Oh great to hear, haven't seen anything or heard about him at all until today.. will have a look.

Leonardo Campana is very good, I have signed him a few times in FM19 and FM20 and he does very well. Not an exaggerated set of stats either, he's a very good player IRL too. I've been reading about Wolves interest in him, definitely seems like a very low-risk deal on their part.

Jhon Cifuente is another good striker from Ecuador, although he is really difficult to sign whether free agent or not. In FM19 he refused each and every approach I made for him at SL Benfica in preference to going/staying in Egypt (purchase price £400,000 was always agreed by his club). In reality he flopped a bit in Egypt and is now back in Ecuador from this month having signed a pre-agreement deal a few months back following his release in Egypt. In FM20 he isn't easy to sign even as a free agent, but I have done in create a club mode and he has done well. Again, his stats are pretty accurate, his actual scoring record in Ecuador is excellent.

3336828d314e4cf06104be8278b52845.png

I don't know about hidden  gems, but this guy has incredible ability for the transfer fee he'll command.  Available for £3 million and has Spanish nationality for those who are in the premier league.

Eugeni SD Huesca - Midfield - Advance Player maker - can play Mezzala & Deep Lying Play-maker 

Great Vision and passing for smaller clubs Valued at 775k 

He does have bland physicals 

In my Auxerre save ! I came across this guy! I think he will be great for us. 

Could be a hidden Gem. 

Whats he like in your save. ? 

Eugeni_ Profile.png

56 minutes ago, Gross_Ballon said:

Eugeni SD Huesca - Midfield - Advance Player maker - can play Mezzala & Deep Lying Play-maker 

Great Vision and passing for smaller clubs Valued at 775k 

He does have bland physicals 

In my Auxerre save ! I came across this guy! I think he will be great for us. 

Could be a hidden Gem. 

Whats he like in your save. ? 

Eugeni_ Profile.png

Yup exactly the same :

XzWjHmY.png

Looks decent

6 hours ago, Welshace said:

Yup exactly the same :

XzWjHmY.png

Looks decent

Trying to get him now for Auxerre ! I see he has been to a barber since my sreenshot. I like him think he will do well for me in Ligue 2 and value could go up. Think he would be good for a lower league championship or top league 1 

29 minutes ago, Welshace said:

I must have missed this guy somewhere on the thread right? either that or random stats and i got lucky... ridiculous value for a player like him..

rl7h3zS.png

And this guy?

4ahZCoj.png

Nope, I've got the same stats for Christensen but with a 1.5k value. Romano is the same but with a 700k pricetag.