[FM20] [FM19] The Great San Marino Challenge

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, TacticalGenius said:

What a season! Title winners, and with the last kick of the ball in the final game of the season! A 90+4" equaliser against Fiorentina meant we won the title on goal difference!

Capture.PNG

Sounds like one of those great FM moments!!!  Well played - superb stuff :applause:- deserving of being our first Hall of Famer me thinks! :cool:

San Marino Calcio 2023/34 - Serie C - Part 1

Given the fact that we are still part-time and our team is basically made up of Serie D talents - I was expecting a long, tough season.  After not the best start, we've started to pick up though - away form being slightly better as our counter attacking is pretty good.  Oddly, our only Serie C level talent, striker Edoardo Soleri has just 2 goals to his name.  I signed an inside left forward, right footer Yuri Salis, who was more at home as a striker - but I took a chance on him as he's 6'0" and has 14 dribbling and 13 pace.  He's our leading scorer with 8 goals - many of which have been far post headers from right wing crosses.  We're also dangerous from set pieces.  Ratings wise, just one player - loan signing Gaetano Del Gaudio (DLP) is over 7 at 7.19 - and some have struggled rather.  I'll search around in the transfer window, but given that we're part-time, I'm not expecting players who are much better to want to come to the club.  Right now, it looks like we could sneak a promotion playoff spot - but in truth, as long as we stay up until we are full-time, I won't care!

Finances wise, things are looking healthy, with a balance of £293,809 - and we're now "Adequate" in terms of junior coaching and youth recruitment - hopefully we can get a better youth intake this year, but I'm not holding my breathe!

2055258325_SerieC2023Results.thumb.jpg.570aa0f52a48bac05fe670a22492c2e9.jpg

1535048803_SerieCWinterBreakTable2023.thumb.jpg.f497f730c118f501993013400e01220a.jpg

1 hour ago, duesouth said:

Given the fact that we are still part-time and our team is basically made up of Serie D talents - I was expecting a long, tough season.  After not the best start, we've started to pick up though - away form being slightly better as our counter attacking is pretty good.  Oddly, our only Serie C level talent, striker Edoardo Soleri has just 2 goals to his name.  I signed an inside left forward, right footer Yuri Salis, who was more at home as a striker - but I took a chance on him as he's 6'0" and has 14 dribbling and 13 pace.  He's our leading scorer with 8 goals - many of which have been far post headers from right wing crosses.  We're also dangerous from set pieces.  Ratings wise, just one player - loan signing Gaetano Del Gaudio (DLP) is over 7 at 7.19 - and some have struggled rather.  I'll search around in the transfer window, but given that we're part-time, I'm not expecting players who are much better to want to come to the club.  Right now, it looks like we could sneak a promotion playoff spot - but in truth, as long as we stay up until we are full-time, I won't care!

Finances wise, things are looking healthy, with a balance of £293,809 - and we're now "Adequate" in terms of junior coaching and youth recruitment - hopefully we can get a better youth intake this year, but I'm not holding my breathe!

1535048803_SerieCWinterBreakTable2023.thumb.jpg.f497f730c118f501993013400e01220a.jpg

Great Progress there mate!

4 hours ago, duesouth said:

A solid season so far considering how you thought it would go. 

Hopefully a good intake is on its way for you

Season 22/23; End of Season

We began the new year with a loss and the end of finishing the domestic season unbeaten. We did record a further 3 losses, including a 4-3 loss in the Cup Final. We beat Folgore in the Play-Off Final which is the most important thing.

image.thumb.png.7d4ae04fe1a095763c9f5de16e4d2d3f.png

image.thumb.png.3036de384b0b27e7a887b2fde289b029.png

image.thumb.png.26dab77d96d0efbbcb13c423ac6ab472.png

Our front 3 all had a solid season with Cervillini and Ercolani developing excellently into 5* CA players; this was Ercolani's first season. Doria stepped up nicely as our lone striker bagging 20 goals. We will be losing Fabio Cuomo as he accepted a deal to move back to Italy; he'll be a big loss as he provided valuable experience to a very young team.

image.thumb.png.8949c5915d2db174d6306a6a7f559a2a.png

Not the worst intake and considering the quality of players that have come through the past few seasons, I cant complain. 2 CM's that look good prospects and will be tried next season to see how they develop. With the club turning professional during next season, I am hoping to see a further edge with being able to train full time.

image.thumb.png.460cda9f1311eb5b736872e3c9aa20dc.png

National Team

We started the QF games for the next Euro's and started off excellently

image.thumb.png.22150a518b8f9688eddf74f4356990b6.png

We almost had the Dutch! 2-0 up with 7 mins + stoppage time and Zavoli picks up a 2nd booking. An 88th and 96th minute penalty help the Dutch scrap a draw!

image.thumb.png.b32a8af0b5aab47d4ea159f766eda1c0.png

It was also a solid win against Lithuania who are ranked higher than me and we're now 161st in the World.

image.thumb.png.1f452d8bbe6f87e2b30ce3624c5f1374.png

We've got Poland the Faroe's next...

San Marino Calcio 2023/34 - Serie C - Part 2

Sub Title: Revenge of the AI!

I've been on some cracking runs in this save - but the second half of the 2023/24 season was one of those other FM type runs...  17 without a win :(

We got dragged into the relegation playoffs, where we played Fermana.  Despite dominating the first leg, we came away 0-1 down.  They parked the bus in the second leg - and with 3 minutes to go, the score was the same - so we were 4-2-2-2 - or 4-2-4 I guess on very attacking.  Cue Yuri Salis picking up a headed clearance, passing it inside to loanee Duccio Degli Innocenti (who has been pretty average) - and he smashed it into the top left hand corner from the D.  As we were the higher seed - we stayed up!  Phew!

We'll be full time next year - so I'm very much hoping we can attract better players - permanently and on loan.  If not, it might be tough sledding again.  But certainly, there's going to be high turnover!

1640994024_Final2024TableSerieC.thumb.jpg.f0c244be424d4cb25409a0b61dbf08d0.jpg

1045502214_SerieC2024toMayResults.thumb.jpg.ef387cf705747d77bd2e6601c7293c3d.jpg

Youth Intake

Better... but still not great.

496571847_Calcio2024YouthIntake.thumb.jpg.522460a4d86426c14f00f226fc9db7dd.jpg

Great thread, I just wanted to post in here to see if I can join the discussion as I'm doing the challenge on FM19!? I tend to buy the new version every other year as I get attached to saves (plus I don't get as much time to play so can't get through as many saves as I used to). I'm not concerned with being tagged with achievements etc. but be good to share anecdotes and ask questions.

I'm doing well in Serie B in my 6th season (spent 3 seasons in Serie D and 2 seasons in Serie C). Thought we would really struggle in Serie B but my loan signings have worked out well and we punch above our weight for the most part. We were as high as 2nd at one point! We are about 4th now almost half way through the season but I'm actually not sure I even want promotion so quickly as we'd get hammered in Serie A (although the money would be nice).

I've not bothered with the national team yet, planning to pick them up later once I can start improving the coaching and youth facilities at club level and on that point, I wanted to see how soon people were able to stabilise or improve the finances? I can't do much on that side and our balance is reaching £1m in the red! After promotion to Serie B, we were at about £700k in the red and I thought the TV revenues would chip away at that, at least over the summer but we saw no improvement and now things continue to deteriorate. Despite that club finances are "ok" and we are well under our wage budget. I only make loan signings or sign free agents so I do my part. So as I say, I would be interested to know when you've been able to improve finances and start investing in youth development?

8 minutes ago, maccataq said:

Great thread, I just wanted to post in here to see if I can join the discussion as I'm doing the challenge on FM19!? I tend to buy the new version every other year as I get attached to saves (plus I don't get as much time to play so can't get through as many saves as I used to). I'm not concerned with being tagged with achievements etc. but be good to share anecdotes and ask questions.

I'm doing well in Serie B in my 6th season (spent 3 seasons in Serie D and 2 seasons in Serie C). Thought we would really struggle in Serie B but my loan signings have worked out well and we punch above our weight for the most part. We were as high as 2nd at one point! We are about 4th now almost half way through the season but I'm actually not sure I even want promotion so quickly as we'd get hammered in Serie A (although the money would be nice).

I've not bothered with the national team yet, planning to pick them up later once I can start improving the coaching and youth facilities at club level and on that point, I wanted to see how soon people were able to stabilise or improve the finances? I can't do much on that side and our balance is reaching £1m in the red! After promotion to Serie B, we were at about £700k in the red and I thought the TV revenues would chip away at that, at least over the summer but we saw no improvement and now things continue to deteriorate. Despite that club finances are "ok" and we are well under our wage budget. I only make loan signings or sign free agents so I do my part. So as I say, I would be interested to know when you've been able to improve finances and start investing in youth development?

Welcome!  I got to Serie A in FM19, but then jumped ship to FM20 - given I'm struggling with the ME in FM20, you might just have made the better decision.

I would say if you have a chance to get promoted - then really attack it.  The jump from Serie B to A isn't as big as the jump from D to C, or C to B - because in D and C you have more than one division/girone at that level, which means divisions are rather top heavy.  There's just one B - so if you are doing well there, you should be able to survive in season one.  When you get to Serie A, your finance issues will be solved very, very quickly.  You get a big TV payment early in the season and from memory I had about £6 million in the bank - so a transfer budget (although I still relied on loans) and some cash to start improving facilities.

New to the challenge. 7th season in and now in Serie A.

Have not started with managing San Marino as the first few seasons are not as fun as a national manager, tried to create temporary managers for 20 times in a row and retire, and never managed to get the job..

8 hours ago, duesouth said:

Welcome!  I got to Serie A in FM19, but then jumped ship to FM20 - given I'm struggling with the ME in FM20, you might just have made the better decision.

I would say if you have a chance to get promoted - then really attack it.  The jump from Serie B to A isn't as big as the jump from D to C, or C to B - because in D and C you have more than one division/girone at that level, which means divisions are rather top heavy.  There's just one B - so if you are doing well there, you should be able to survive in season one.  When you get to Serie A, your finance issues will be solved very, very quickly.  You get a big TV payment early in the season and from memory I had about £6 million in the bank - so a transfer budget (although I still relied on loans) and some cash to start improving facilities.

Thanks - to be honest, I will give it a good go as the Serie A money would be huge but it will be tough. We are currently 3rd but 4 points behind 2nd; we're only 1 point ahead of 3rd so not much chance of breaking away and getting promoted in 3rd. You make a good point though, the promotion system from D and C is brutal - glad I managed to get through that fairly swiftly.

Interested to know what the problem is with the ME on FM20?

8 hours ago, maccataq said:

Thanks - to be honest, I will give it a good go as the Serie A money would be huge but it will be tough. We are currently 3rd but 4 points behind 2nd; we're only 1 point ahead of 3rd so not much chance of breaking away and getting promoted in 3rd. You make a good point though, the promotion system from D and C is brutal - glad I managed to get through that fairly swiftly.

Interested to know what the problem is with the ME on FM20?

I just survived my 1st season in C - not helped by still being part-time - thankfully have got some proper players signed up in the off season, and hope to be mid table this year!

The ME is very subjective - I find too many long balls and shoddy defending on those - and strikers missing maybe 8 or 9 out of 10 of those 1 on 1's is driving me nuts on extended highlights.

15 hours ago, Phenonys said:

New to the challenge. 7th season in and now in Serie A.

Have not started with managing San Marino as the first few seasons are not as fun as a national manager, tried to create temporary managers for 20 times in a row and retire, and never managed to get the job..

Welcome to the thread!  Excellent going - you would think getting to Serie A would mean you walk into the national team job - not like they have a massive pool of managers to pick from!

Is anyone else hoarding the national team players at their club? All but one of the NT first team in my game are Cattolica youth products, and most of those are still at the club, abeit out on loan. Once I'm happy that they're good enough to find a decent club and not end up released and retiring at a young age, I'll start letting them go permanently... 

There are tactical advantages to this too, as my club and country tactics are very similar, with only tweaks to some roles and the mentality. I use a 5-2-1-2, though I started with 4-4-2 for the NT because it's hard enough finding even the most basic of players at the start, using wingbacks was impossible. 

Edited by TacticalGenius

Season 23/24; European Update

Our European campaign wasnt as successful as last season and wont be progressing any further than the qualifying rounds. The money hasnt been bad though and we also retained the Super Cup

image.thumb.png.14c93a053053c4ecf64dc8cede9ba2f3.png

With the club now turning Pro and our scouting range moving futher than just San Marino, it has now opened up more doors. I added some nations, all surounding Italy (San Marino) and the scope of players available will certainly help my chances of competing further in Europe in the coming years. Ive been scouting a few players in Austria and France as well as the Italian lower leagues and have signed 4 new players to add some additional quality. 

Season 23/24; Mid Season Update

An almost perfect first half of the season gives us a lot of momentum going into the break

image.thumb.png.7a024fb08ebe304237dc190ebeffcb7c.png

I was approached by Serie B's Pescara..I declined of course

image.thumb.png.380de55a17a37c4877bc371eb8cd280d.png

During pre season we signed a new GK, 2 CM's and a striker who all added quality to the team. My 2 home grown wingers have both been in excellent scoring form. Im scouting for a new RB and also in the market for another CB as both Castro and Sartini are declining.

image.thumb.png.eb69b1c818b330c81914fa4a07502cd8.png

National Team

We finished 4th in our Euro QF group behind Holland, Poland and Turkey

image.thumb.png.cd67f794034b65811329c55575a12745.png

We did however complete a couple of achievements @duesouth

We picked up a famous 1-0 victory away to Sweden in a friendly who are currently ranked 34th and we also broke into the top 150 in the world rankings

image.thumb.png.3c0a692c51c5e434d03246a3a258fcf2.png

image.thumb.png.47f2cc3734ed6a31c0d9345803c87523.png

On 14/01/2020 at 07:57, duesouth said:

I just survived my 1st season in C - not helped by still being part-time - thankfully have got some proper players signed up in the off season, and hope to be mid table this year!

The ME is very subjective - I find too many long balls and shoddy defending on those - and strikers missing maybe 8 or 9 out of 10 of those 1 on 1's is driving me nuts on extended highlights.

I have heard about the 1 on 1s - that would do my head in! Hitting the woodwork annoys me but I heard that's finally sorted in FM20 but then there's always something!

I think I was lucky then - we became professional as soon as we entered Serie C. Not sure what influences that decision but could be a difference between 19 and 20 also.

3 hours ago, duesouth said:

Both added, @Cuomo10 - cracking result, Sweden a proper team!

Cheers mate, it was a pretty even game too

21 minutes ago, TacticalGenius said:

Congrats Cuomo. I've not managed to beat a high ranked team yet, closest I've managed is a draw with Denmark. 

But we are up to 133rd now! 

We gave up a 2-0 lead against the Dutch too! 133rd is some going!

Season 23/24; End of Season

We continued to dominate domestically and secured the treble. We also went unbeaten during the whole domestic season @duesouth

image.thumb.png.7559e2cb090897ca839db613bf121f5f.png

There was a lot of strong performances from many players across the season. Bosnjak, who I signed at the start of the season beat the record for the number of clean sheets. Pedini and Gros formed a solid partnership in the centre of defence. Brescia and Eigel-Ehemann, 2 other players that i signed were both quality and youngster Mancini did well upfront as the 4th players that i signed, Eschwaltrup, didnt have the impact i was hoping up front. We also signed a new RB in January who proved to be a very good signing. But the 2 star performers were my wingers, Cervellini and Ercolani, who scored 46 goals in 70 games between them. 

image.thumb.png.955d9bf6dbb27ef6ee4dc3d005e42534.png

As happens, some players ability is declining like Castro and Sartini and then some of my younger players are not reaching their potential. My top prospect from my first intake, Zanotti, has not progressed as i would have hoped considering his amazing first season. For next season i will be looking for 2 CB's, another CM and a striker

Our training facilities will have upgraded during the start of next season and the board are also looking at building a new stadium. We were virtually selling out each home game (500 capacity). It will be interesting to see how big the new stadium will be

image.thumb.png.b8c9b1515408f31e8d3618b0853417a4.png

I am happy with our intake this season as there are some players that may develop nicely. Our 3* CA GK, Berardi, will be getting some game time this season and will hopefully develop well and be our first team GK for years to come. His eccentrciity is 20 however (something that i do not like in a GK)

image.thumb.png.269dc9d81329c09d372e921c37bf04fb.png

Season 24/25; European Qualification

LORENZO MANCINI, YOU LITTLE BEAUTY! 

image.thumb.png.c89d6f2c9e013c3d87ae25897cc338d6.png

A 93rd minute equaliser by the aforementioned Mancini has meant that we have qualified for the CL group stages! @duesouth

image.thumb.png.cc895460e17d66d6c67fe8a8f75c101d.png

It was a great qualifying campaign where we were unbeaten and also beat RB Salzburg along the way.

image.png.bd11a9d229cacfdc826c4a1166803bf1.png

These are the teams that we have been drawn to face.

We brought in an additional 6 players; Morin and Zavoli who are both DC, the latter who I have been after for the past 2 seasons but wasnt interested but with some extensive scouting, interaction and personal attendance at some of his games, I hope that this contributed to the player wanting to move. Acevado comes in as our starting DLP and we also signed in Spinelli from Verona who has been brought in as a striker but can also play AMR. We added 2 loan signings, Ghisleri, mainly as my LB and Martin who will add some extra quality in the middle.

image.thumb.png.7464689695af65c14764f32da7ca2346.png

21 minutes ago, duesouth said:

@Cuomo10 - well played, mate! :applause:  That should bring in a ton of money - pretty cool to get an Italian team in the group stage as well.

£13m for qualifying, total finances at £20m now. Ive already requested for Junior Coaching and Youth recruitment to be upgraded which have both been agreed and with regards to the new stadium, we're looking for a location

image.png

image.png

San Marino Calcio 2024/25 - Serie C - Part 1

This season, we've been able to recruit better being full-time - and it's made a big difference.  We've been inconsistent, but I'm delighted to be 7th at the winter break.  Cesena are the best team in the division by a mile (20 points clear - and they've beaten us 3-0 and 5-1 - but at least we don't have to play them again now!) - but then it's all congested, so we'll have to avoid another poor second half of the season.  Still, we are close to being safe already - and that can only be good.

On the negative side - the early preview of the youth intake doesn't look promising at all...

621844323_SerieCWinterBreakTable2024.thumb.jpg.8180130dc80965765c9ff061e83bb2e6.jpg

142071056_SerieC2024Results.thumb.jpg.6982f0ede4809d5e98e031d8fc7aba77.jpg

Season 24/25; Mid-season Update

So we qualified for the group stages and we despite a couple of beatings we beat Besiktas home and away to secure 3rd place in the group. We face Anderlecht in the Euro Cup. Domestically we have been dominant again failing to win only 1 game. 

image.thumb.png.05e7e28314776a9225d8bb998c727242.png

There have been some excellent performances acorss the whole squad. Mancini is developing into a quality striker and with Spinelli and my 2 wingers, goals are flowing. Acevedo and Martin have been excellent in the middle whilst defensively we have been very strong. I have to keep an eye on the number of non Sammarinese players as we can only field a maximum of 7 in our match day squad and have no more than 11 registered. Ive made a move for Filippo Fabbri (most of you will know him), and im also after Capicchioni to add a more Sammarinese quality into the squad. 

image.thumb.png.fee32aa367ed9ca20d00cfb804562f32.png

Ive requested to improve the Youth Facilities which the board have duly accepted and work will be completed during next season. Im still waiting to learn of further developments to the new stadium.

The National Team have had a decent year with some good wins and by finishing 2nd in our Nations League group. We're now 134th in the World Rankings

image.png

image.png

59 minutes ago, mattboy_slim said:

Challenge complete: Have one of your youth products win player of the year in San Marino.

1838892126_MatthewCollins_Inbox-12.thumb.png.d09b9606356f4b710f30426aa7475d19.png

8.22 :eek:  I take it he's a wing back flying forward a bunch?

Season 24/25; End of Season

Another domestic treble for the team with only 2 losses in the 2nd half of the season. We missed a penalty in the first leg of the Euro Cup game against Anderlecht away from home, a shame but it was an excellent European campaign.

image.thumb.png.a759d628d8427f4bb23794beebde1d64.png

image.thumb.png.e1371326839b8c894aecfdfc9a8f8453.png

A lot of great performances again from the squad. 4 of my players all scored at least 20 goals this season and Cervellini, Ercolani and Mancini are all graabbing the attention of some 'bigger' clubs. Offers have been made and rejected as quickly as they were made. Ragini YP5B looks to be my next young star to cement a place in the team and Berardi YP5A will be my number 1 for the coming seasons as long as he continues to develop. Some players will be leaving to free up some foreign player slots as Brescia, Eigel-Ehemann, Bosnjak, Guisfredi, and loanee Patrick Martin will be leaving the club. We have made the move to sign Ghisleri and Acevedo and Morin, the other foreign players have both signed 1 year deals. We're in the market for a quality RB and another CM, I may also be looking at another GK as backup as the other options arent good enough.

image.thumb.png.a0f08d98ea1e85f02fa631d098d12038.png

Im pleased with the youth intake this year again and there are 4 players who I will be keeping close tabs on. Ive not liked a lot of the personalities that have come through so have 'upgraged' out HoYD for next season to see how they get on.

image.thumb.png.c1ebcecfdab0dd2210985c7264f68571.png

1 hour ago, TacticalGenius said:

I really can't believe this, we finished SECOND in our WC2030 qualifying group, and I get this **** from the board... But we're up to 122nd now!

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Yes, shame on you for only finishing second and finishing ahead of Denmark!!!

San Marino Calcio Serie C 2024/25 - Part 2

The second half of the season was a little strange - if only because of the Match Engine beta - and then opting out of it.  Anyway - I didn't twig until doing the screenshot, but we went undefeated in the second half of the season.  It didn't feel that way - as over an 8 game stretch we scored just 4 goals and we drew a bunch of games.  The division was odd in that Cesena ran away with it - but nobody from the pack really managed to be consistent.  So, we were hanging onto second - until we hit form in mid April.

The playoffs started with a tight final score vs Cosenza, winning 4-3, but we were 4-1 up until the 57th minute of the 2nd leg - when our keeper scored an FM own goal (bounced off post, hit him and went in).  They added another one on 67 mins - but we held on!

The semi was easy - we had beaten Ternana both times in season - and won 2-0 away in the fist leg and scored early in the 2nd leg - and then controlled the game.

The final didn't start to plan - it was tight early - but then we went 1-0 down in the 23rd minute.  I gave the boys an uplifting team talk at half time - telling them we'd been unlucky - and I believed in them - and that did the trick.  We scored on 49 mins - a cleared header falling for midfielder Andrea Leonardi, who smashed the ball into the top left hand corner of the net.  Just as I was preparing for extra time, we started a move down the right.  Our right back passed inside to playmaker Gaetano Del Gaudio and he lifted a cross to the far post - our left inverted winger Yuri Salis took a touch, and then finished past the keeper who couldn't close him down quickly enough.  We went defensive for 6 loooong minutes of injury time - I got worried when we conceded 2 corners - but we held on to win promotion to Serie B!

On the negative side, we paid out 400k in bonuses - so the finances are bad (544k in the red).  Only Serie A will sort that out.

52928217_SerieCFinalTable2025.thumb.jpg.713d8faef4f0cfcd3708e1609fef13f3.jpg

1380848909_SerieC2025Results.thumb.jpg.8b7c91dc60fecf5034c01026d505bc1d.jpg

Youth Intake

This was better than I thought when I received the first news of it in January.  Now we're full time, I'm also starting to see faster development - and I might think about giving some first team time to one or two.

1247395130_Calcio2025YouthIntake.thumb.jpg.fe5b0f57473b27f38b65d4a7ec92d121.jpg

Great to see so much progress by everyone! After a scary week where I had my copy of windows corrupt I was fortunate enough to be able to fix it an recover my save file.....phew. should be cracking on with progress soon 😉

11 hours ago, mattboy_slim said:

Challenge complete:

Qualify for the knockout stages of the Europa League

371428993_MatthewCollins_Inbox-14.thumb.png.02612cf868161ea3a5c400d49b43ffb3.png

This is not going to be pretty!! :lol:

It might not be - but it's still an amazing achievement to get out of the group!  Well played!

10 hours ago, parkin90 said:

Great to see so much progress by everyone! After a scary week where I had my copy of windows corrupt I was fortunate enough to be able to fix it an recover my save file.....phew. should be cracking on with progress soon 😉

Scary moment!  I should probably back up my save file every week or so just in case!

It has been great progress from people - looking forward to your next blog post to see yours!

5 minutes ago, Cuomo10 said:

Best of luck!

@duesouth Does my entry into the Europa League knockouts by finishing 3rd in my CL group qualify me for this achievement too?

For sure - I was a bit slow there! Added.

You two are doing a great job in the San Marino League!

12 minutes ago, duesouth said:

For sure - I was a bit slow there! Added.

You two are doing a great job in the San Marino League!

Ok, cheers!

Ive not enjoyed a save like this for a while. Not a lot of Sammarinese youth products being produced from the other sides though which could hamper the NT progression.

Season 25/26; European Qualification

We couldnt match last seasons heroics of reaching the group stages of the Champions League, but we were close. It came down to conceding a 95th minute goal against Craiova in the home leg having been down to 10 men for the last 25 minutes of the game. I am more than happy to have made the group stages of the Europa League though @duesouth

image.thumb.png.966326ac204f152a64f53a58919d7a46.png

A tough group indeed

image.thumb.png.2adb7baca8918fd76bc935ccf49ad217.png

Some new faces join the team; Tim Wolf as RB, Gilles Peter and Ashraf Shakhbari in CM. We've also brought in 2 loan signings, Damiano Piva GK and Samuel Robert CM. My attacking 3 continue where they left off last season. 

image.thumb.png.ff9d5969c7d2b0eb3e4bcc02d5dc9711.png

Edited by Cuomo10

Well first time this has happened to me in game! :cool:

879617808_MatthewCollins_Inbox-15.thumb.png.c053a4d5f23af892da4086de79f96816.png

What's also nice to see is at the moment, 2 other clubs in the league are in the process of building new stadiums, and all the teams in the league are currently semi-pro. So hopefully over the coming years I will see a growing league reputation which long term should help the national team. My aim for this save now is to increase the league rep as much as possible - I'm already loaning/selling most of my youth team that aren't first team prospects to other teams in the division to try and raise the standard. Hopefully after several years the national team will start to organically improve as a result - not planning on taking them over for a good few years yet!