Sports Interactive Community

Apologies in advance for my poor english. Now read this thread and remembered that before there was a choice of fps in the settings. Can simply return this option?

Edited by Saturn

I have an update...  I played 2 FM20 matches earlier, the lag had gone, fps went no lower than 57 and was usually 60 and it was the smoothest I've ever seen an FM match.

I went back to FM19 to see how that went, and it had the usual lag but showed 60fps throughout.

Tried again with FM20, which now lags again as bad as usual, into the 'normal' 40-55 fps.

No idea what I did to get the good results earlier, I've not changed or updated anything on my PC, and also changed nothing before going back to the low fps.

I'm playing the demo, not the full game.

3 minutes ago, ThunderCelt said:

I have an update...  I played 2 FM20 matches earlier, the lag had gone, fps went no lower than 57 and was usually 60 and it was the smoothest I've ever seen an FM match.

I went back to FM19 to see how that went, and it had the usual lag but showed 60fps throughout.

Tried again with FM20, which now lags again as bad as usual, into the 'normal' 40-55 fps.

No idea what I did to get the good results earlier, I've not changed or updated anything on my PC, and also changed nothing before going back to the low fps.

I'm playing the demo, not the full game.

Dude we can't  find any solutions for this

It's their problem.. we just need  to wait and trust them because SI team told us they working on that

If the most  of us here had no lag before 20.1 I believe  they know  what to do

For me also the game is laggy during the matches.

1. Yes

2. Never played the beta version, so the lag for me started from the very first time I played a match with the final release. With FM19 everything was great, never had lag.

3. Yes, even if I set everything to minimum detail.

4. Attached.

5. Attached.

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

DxDiag.txt

Game still incredibly lagging for me. Not just in the ME, but especially during general gameplay. Can anyone from SI explain why on earth it has gone from being super smooth in the original beta to being laggy and every click delayed now? It genuinely is like playing a different game and is close to being unbearable.

1 hour ago, Saturn said:

Apologies in advance for my poor english. Now read this thread and remembered that before there was a choice of fps in the settings. Can simply return this option?

I've come up with an idea. Any opinions on this?

6 minutes ago, Saturn said:

I've come up with an idea. Any opinions on this?

That won't change anything. You can already limit your FPS with programs like RivaTuner, if the game is poorly optimized, there is nothing the users can do.

4 minutes ago, Elise said:

That won't change anything. You can already limit your FPS with programs like RivaTuner, if the game is poorly optimized, there is nothing the users can do.

Of course the developers have to remove the fps limit and those who need can put in the settings.

Just need FPS higher at the end of the day, but i have given up trying to fix it myself its up to SI. I have tried every solution there is from nvidia inspector, g sync, v sync, afterburner, RSSI. Had breif success with dropping to 50 hz capping at 50fps but after a few games im  back playing at 47-40 fps. When that worked it was heaven no lag at all. Its now been three long weeks and i hope its not going to be a fourth.

55 minutes ago, mattj100 said:

Just need FPS higher at the end of the day, but i have given up trying to fix it myself its up to SI. I have tried every solution there is from nvidia inspector, g sync, v sync, afterburner, RSSI. Had breif success with dropping to 50 hz capping at 50fps but after a few games im  back playing at 47-40 fps. When that worked it was heaven no lag at all. Its now been three long weeks and i hope its not going to be a fourth.

I just  wish  they could  give us another optimization like 20.0.

It was very fun to play 

3 hours ago, Saturn said:

Of course the developers have to remove the fps limit and those who need can put in the settings.

Yeah but if you don't have a >60hz monitor it won't matter. If you have a >60hz monitor, the game changes your FPS limit accordingly so there is no issue in that regard. 
I have a 144hz monitor and mine's unlocked, the issue is that it can't push past 80 and drops to 56 constantly.

Edited by Elise

i downloaded beta builds and damn game is so fluid. you can understand the difference and its ridicolus when we say this here, admins says it was a bug. unfortunatelly there are no images at matches so beta build is unplayable. if i could, i would play beta all over full release even it had problems like 1v1 etc.

We've already said we're investigating this issue and are working on it right now. We understand that some people are encountering it and we've suggested some workarounds in the meantime, such as disabling G-Sync/FreeSync for those using it and changing graphics settings in game.

We appreciate the frustrations and when we're able to provide more information we'll do so. Thanks. 

28 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We've already said we're investigating this issue and are working on it right now. We understand that some people are encountering it and we've suggested some workarounds in the meantime, such as disabling G-Sync/FreeSync for those using it and changing graphics settings in game.

We appreciate the frustrations and when we're able to provide more information we'll do so. Thanks. 

i really think sigames cant fix this problem because also happends in fm2019 (to less people than in fm2020) and in a whole year you guys cant fix lag problem , now the problem is  even worse than in fm2019

Tips for higher FPS :

- In the Nivida Control Panel , V-sync- Fast

- In the settings , "off" on the Shadows section

- "Low" in the crowed quality 

40 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Tips for higher FPS :

- In the Nivida Control Panel , V-sync- Fast

- In the settings , "off" on the Shadows section

- "Low" in the crowed quality 

Thanks for this tip, for me the Nvidia suggestions seems to be working at high 50s fps, after a couple of tests on both FM19 and 20.  However, as I posted yesterday (above) I had a false dawn so chickens haven't been counted yet.

41 minutes ago, ThunderCelt said:

Thanks for this tip, for me the Nvidia suggestions seems to be working at high 50s fps, after a couple of tests on both FM19 and 20.  However, as I posted yesterday (above) I had a false dawn so chickens haven't been counted yet.

50 fps is pretty low mate

In the ME I have 55-58 and it's still lag

Before 20.1 I had 60 and it was smooth 

image.thumb.png.4f210bef51a8bc2dd069a357f2060eb4.pngfor the guy who was asking ,where the optimise button is in this screen there was a revert button before. I hit it and it improved the game by un optimising it. we shouldn't have to do stuff like this but whatever works I guess.

6 minutes ago, Major Bantz said:

image.thumb.png.4f210bef51a8bc2dd069a357f2060eb4.pngfor the guy who was asking ,where the optimise button is in this screen there was a revert button before. I hit it and it improved the game by un optimising it. we shouldn't have to do stuff like this but whatever works I guess.

with that you just let the nvidia experiencie automatic change the in game graphics options to very high....

Edited by fako22

1 hour ago, fako22 said:

with that you just let the nvidia experiencie automatic change the in game graphics options to very high....

if you say so but I am now running on very high settings and it's brilliant. someone was asking and that's what's worked for me.

1 hour ago, fako22 said:

I have Nivida Experinice but i cant add FM 20 to the game list and do there optimzation there

Even when i try to add FM20 it wont let me

15 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

50 fps is pretty low mate

In the ME I have 55-58 and it's still lag

Before 20.1 I had 60 and it was smooth 

You're right of course, and I hadn't taken into account that I was playing pre season friendlies with my non league side in front of a handful of spectators.  I loaded up a game as Man City and holidayed to the Community Shield, and the 3D couldn't cope with 80,000 spectators.  It was good enough though when I  switched off the crowd.  So, playing in front of an empty stadium makes my matches watchable, but takes away the immersion - the reason I don't like 2D.

Edited by ThunderCelt

A solution for the ME LAG :

Try to download skins , most of the skins solve the problem with the lag and made the ME with no lag and 100 % smooth

Why SI base skins are laggy and custom skins are with now lag? 

3 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Try to download skins , most of the skins solve the problem with the lag and made the ME with no lag and 100 % smooth

Biggest issue for me is lag/delay in general game play and not ME.

1 minute ago, Boss said:

Biggest issue for me is lag/delay in general game play and not ME.

It has also resolve the lag between days.. the circle between days is also smooth 

1 hour ago, GOODNAME said:

Nice find mate well done. Downloading a skin definitely makes it smooth again. But obviously would rather use the default ones. Nice we can get more of a pinpoint for SI on where the problem lies (i hope this does help) being a dev myself I know how frustrating sorting these things out can be.

14 minutes ago, iiJakeyyyy said:

Nice find mate well done. Downloading a skin definitely makes it smooth again. But obviously would rather use the default ones. Nice we can get more of a pinpoint for SI on where the problem lies (i hope this does help) being a dev myself I know how frustrating sorting these things out can be.

Your welcome :)

Using a custom skin hasn't solved the lag for me. The ME is definitely much smoother, but still jittery when the camera pans. But then again, I've always encountered lagging in FM 20. (Whereas FM 19 was insanely smooth on the highest graphical settings.)

5 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Wich skin fix your lag??? i downloaded 3 skins and the lag is the same 

8 minutes ago, fako22 said:

Wich skin fix your lag??? i downloaded 3 skins and the lag is the same 

The last one from FM scout and Flut skin 

3 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

The last one from FM scout and Flut skin 

i tried flut skin and tcs from fmscout and the lag in ME its the same or even worse 

For me the Flut dark has very nearly resolved the issue.  I still get minor judders with really big crowds but it's definitely playable, so thank you to those who tested and reported this fix :thup: .  

well just changing the skin dosnt work for me but after changing the skin i close the game and when i opened it again lag was almost gone with max graphics settings. So looks like the problem is the default skin from sigames, they need fix that

1 hour ago, dan99 said:

I just tried that skin and my fps went from 57 to 60, which seemed to solve the stuttering. Hoping for a proper fix though, as I prefer the default skin to that one.

Yeah for sure. Just hoping this method stays working until they solve it haha. It will do for now though. 

33 minutes ago, fako22 said:

well just changing the skin dosnt work for me but after changing the skin i close the game and when i opened it again lag was almost gone with max graphics settings. So looks like the problem is the default skin from sigames, they need fix that

Did you use the dark and light one or a downloaded one?