Sports Interactive Community

23 minutes ago, fako22 said:

Of course lag will not get fixed in full release, because fm19 also have this problem till today... that was the reason i bought fm20 because i tought was a fm19 problem

Same

You got nvidia card? 

39 minutes ago, WillGriggsFire said:

Whats the evidence here? I know 5 people with the game. 3 on PC with Nvidia setup all experiencing lag. Admittedly one running gtx 970 but still should be plenty powerful. The other 2 play mobile with no issue.

Some have said wait till release so prepared to do that, fair enough. If its still an issue ill contact steam for a refund and re-purchase if this problem gets fixed.

We've got at more than a hundred machines internally and whilst GPU usage is high, the amount of machines where we've seen lag is not. In fact we've only had one machine experience similar issues on 20.1.0, a 4K Surface Pro laptop - and we've got a second identical make and model laptop which doesn't have the same issue.  

As said regardless of how much lag we're seeing internally we're most definitely investigating with the aim of making sure than nobody has overly high GPU usage, which we're hopeful in turn will stop any lag. What would be really useful is to find if there are any users who can reduce their GPU usage significantly by disabling shadows and crowd that find they still have lag. We want to know if there are any other secondary causes unrelated to the high GPU. As we've said we know AV can cause a problem in some instances, but would be great to see if there's a pattern or cause we're currently not aware of. 

Appreciate you want answers and fixes rather than potential tests and discussion from me, but as said we are investigating and hope to be able to provide workarounds in the meantime and something to address the GPU usage as soon as we possibly can. 

8 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We've got at more than a hundred machines internally and whilst GPU usage is high, the amount of machines where we've seen lag is not. In fact we've only had one machine experience similar issues on 20.1.0, a 4K Surface Pro laptop - and we've got a second identical make and model laptop which doesn't have the same issue.  

As said regardless of how much lag we're seeing internally we're most definitely investigating with the aim of making sure than nobody has overly high GPU usage, which we're hopeful in turn will stop any lag. What would be really useful is to find if there are any users who can reduce their GPU usage significantly by disabling shadows and crowd that find they still have lag. We want to know if there are any other secondary causes unrelated to the high GPU. As we've said we know AV can cause a problem in some instances, but would be great to see if there's a pattern or cause we're currently not aware of. 

Appreciate you want answers and fixes rather than potential tests and discussion from me, but as said we are investigating and hope to be able to provide workarounds in the meantime and something to address the GPU usage as soon as we possibly can. 

can you please answer my ? from earlier about it is amazing how yous are the only ones that seem to not be getting lag when there is us with i5/i7/i9's with rtx graphics cards who are getting terrible lag how does that work out because it is baffling us

12 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yep, purely anecdotal but when removing shadows it gets a little better but far from smooth.  Ill try to respond later tonight with the detail you asked for on previous post.

Its absolutely prevalent and appears to be more so than in past 2 iterations where i had this problem and had to use less than ideal workarounds.  As I say, not going to play that gane this go around so will get refund if not fixed for me on release and wait for a fix before repurhasing.  Great game otherwise but i like having the match engine and not interested in playing without, not this year. Cheers

14 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Мы имеем более ста машин внутри, и, хотя использование графического процессора является высоким, количество машин, в которых мы наблюдаем отставание, не является. На самом деле у нас был только один машинный опыт аналогичных вопросов по 20.1.0, а 4K Surface Pro ноутбук - и мы получили вторую идентичную марку и модель ноутбука , которая  не  имеют один и тот же вопрос.  

Как уже говорилось, независимо от того, сколько лагов мы наблюдаем внутри, мы определенно исследуем его с целью убедиться, что никто не использует чрезмерно высокую производительность GPU, что, мы надеемся, в свою очередь остановит любые лаги. Что было бы действительно полезно, так это выяснить, есть ли пользователи, которые могут значительно сократить использование своего графического процессора, отключив тени и толпу, которые обнаруживают, что они  все еще  имеют отставание. Мы хотим знать, есть ли какие-либо другие вторичные причины, не связанные с высоким GPU. Как мы уже говорили, мы знаем, что AV может вызывать проблемы в некоторых случаях, но было бы замечательно увидеть, есть ли шаблон или причина, о которой мы в настоящее время не знаем. 

Благодарим вас за то, что вам нужны ответы и исправления, а не потенциальные тесты и обсуждения от меня, но, как уже было сказано, мы проводим расследование и надеемся, что сможем предложить временные решения и что-нибудь, чтобы как можно скорее решить проблему использования графического процессора. 

I play FM 20 from the very start of the BETA release. The game went very fast and smoothly. But after the release of 20.1, she began to lag. What does the shadow have to do with something like that? ))

17 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

I did what you said , my fps increased, but i still feel some suttering, i have gtx 1050, ijtel i7 8th gen, 8 gb of ram, 1 star of quality on fm, i dont think its normal.

I had the same issues in fm2019

3 minutes ago, ashbreeder said:

I play FM 20 from the very start of the BETA release. The game went very fast and smoothly. But after the release of 20.1, she began to lag. What does the shadow have to do with something like that? ))

Same for  me

I wish  the full release will be just like 20.0.0.1

Hi

Same pb since update 20.1.0 (Intel I7 8GoRam SSD NvidiaGeforceGTX980) all others games : Read Dead Redemption2, Ghost Recon, The Division2 work very well

No pb : all fm since fm2012,...., fm2019, fm2020 20.0.4

I hope this pb will be corrected with the final patch , tomorrow...

So, el supremo MJ considers it to be an issue experienced by just a few and is probably hardware related. Then we get suggestions that it could be our AV. Last but not least we're instructed to turn down our settings !  Of course you'll get an improved performance if you eliminate anything that loads up your GPU ! It was also claimed that out of more than a hundred in-house machines only ONE had an issue. My bet is that MJ has stormed in and said something like "FFS, sort out this lag issue, we're supposed to release the full game on the 19th ! However, DO NOT publicly admit it's a wide issue on the forum, or it could screw up sales !"  I've yet to see a video posted anywhere showing FM20 on maximum settings running without lag, which is something any mid-range machine and upwards would easily be capable of achieving. So if anyone connected to Si wants to convince us then upload the evidence, with on-screen data showing us the loading effects. To say that "most" don't have an issue is vague at best because we don't know their machine specs, or what settings they're running on FM20. I'm really struggling, due to insufficient proof that this is a bigger issue than Si are prepared to admit.

15 minutes ago, bartdude said:

So, el supremo MJ considers it to be an issue experienced by just a few and is probably hardware related. Then we get suggestions that it could be our AV. Last but not least we're instructed to turn down our settings !  Of course you'll get an improved performance if you eliminate anything that loads up your GPU ! It was also claimed that out of more than a hundred in-house machines only ONE had an issue. My bet is that MJ has stormed in and said something like "FFS, sort out this lag issue, we're supposed to release the full game on the 19th ! However, DO NOT publicly admit it's a wide issue on the forum, or it could screw up sales !"  I've yet to see a video posted anywhere showing FM20 on maximum settings running without lag, which is something any mid-range machine and upwards would easily be capable of achieving. So if anyone connected to Si wants to convince us then upload the evidence, with on-screen data showing us the loading effects. To say that "most" don't have an issue is vague at best because we don't know their machine specs, or what settings they're running on FM20. I'm really struggling, due to insufficient proof that this is a bigger issue than Si are prepared to admit.

As we've said in this thread, we're aware of the issue and we're investigating. We've suggested workarounds and as it's still in the Pre-Release Beta phase we've asked for feedback to see if users are experiencing lag even when GPU load has been lowered, as we've got machines internally which run without any lag even under heavy load. 

We're saying that "most" don't have the issue because we've got a group of over 100 machines of which only one has the issue which has been reported, and because the number of reports we've had via these forums, SEGA support and via Twitter has been relatively small. Regardless, we're investigating the issue and will look at address it. 

Hi @Neil Brock

I've done what you've recommended and lowered settings such as Shadows etc and GPU is still getting absolutely hammered. Please look at the GPU usage at 99 percent - This drops to around 60 and then back up consistently. 

Have you spoken to NVIDIA / Rockstar on what they're doing to resolve the issue on their end? 

gpu snip.PNG

11 minutes ago, Nathozz said:

Hi @Neil Brock

I've done what you've recommended and lowered settings such as Shadows etc and GPU is still getting absolutely hammered. Please look at the GPU usage at 99 percent - This drops to around 60 and then back up consistently. 

Have you spoken to NVIDIA / Rockstar on what they're doing to resolve the issue on their end? 

gpu snip.PNG

It is not an issue with Nvidia, I am playing on an Radeon graphic card on a MacBook Pro. 

3 minutes ago, Jesper9000 said:

It is not an issue with Nvidia, I am playing on an Radeon graphic card on a MacBook Pro. 

I know alot of it is NVIDIA - Rockstar released a statement about it with theirs and most people here with issue tend to have something NVIDIA related.

Although I think Macbook's have their own issues to be fair. 

3 minutes ago, Nathozz said:

I know alot of it is NVIDIA - Rockstar released a statement about it with theirs and most people here with issue tend to have something NVIDIA related.

Although I think Macbook's have their own issues to be fair. 

It was working all fine on MacBook with a Radeon card before the 20.1.0 update. 

Everyone here has 15-20 fps in the game menu? In previous versions of the game and before the patch 20.1 was stable 60 fps. In the match the fps from 20 to 57 (to 60 does not reach). Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by Saturn

@Neil Brock - I have GPU 0 (Intel HD Graphics 530) and GPU 1 (Nvidia 950M) showing and active (in windowed mode); I've noticed others have just GPU 1 (a Nvidia card) - is that likely to be an issue for me? 

The Intel is running in the 80-90% region, the Nvidia the 30-50% region, shadows off, mild lag showing.

Untitled.thumb.png.b848212bc3e06cb7a0c2c7526d1f5e77.png

Just to add another user here who had no issues until this latest update. I’ve tried the fixes suggested here with no success. 

Everything seems just a little more sluggish, for example when on the inbox screen on the previous update I could hold down the spacebar to skip through all the unread messages, now holding down the space bar doesn’t skip through all the messages and has to be done one at a time. The match engine lag isn’t game breaking for me, but it is noticeably laggier than the previous update.

Laptop specs are i7-6700hq and 960m.

just thought I’d add my specs here, as the staff have already acknowledged the issue probably best to let them try get to the bottom of it.

So now it's a graphics driver ?? Seems odd that EVERYTHING apart from FM20 runs perfectly on my PC with the latest driver from Nvidia. Also, as seen, some Radeon users also have the same issue. I'm sorry but suffering ME lagging for the third year in a row with FM is clearly unacceptable. No doubt it will be sorted eventually but Si seriously need to question those of the software team responsible for the ME architecture.

3 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

We're trying to narrow down what specific thing in the match is causing this problem. I'm running on a desktop here with a 1060 3GB card on very high. It runs with high GPU (so 95%-100%) usage but no lag. However when I disable Shadows it drops by about 25%. If I disable Crowds it drops by about 20%.

Would be interested as a test if those of you seeing lagging in match with high GPU use, if you disable these (perhaps one at a time, then both) if you see a similar drop in GPU usage and whether or not it makes any difference to whether it lags.

So what we'd like to know if you don't mind doing this test (would suggest either not running other programs in the background, of if you are, making sure you run them exactly the same for each test:

Your Graphics Card: 
Default Graphics Setting:
GPU Usage during matches (normal settings):
Lag during matches on these settings (Yes Lots/Yes Minor/No):

GPU Usage During matches (Crowd off):

GPU Usage During matches (Shadows Off):

GPU Usage During matches (Shadows and Crowd Off):

Have done mine below for an example:

Your Graphics Card: 1060 GTX 1060 3GB
Default Graphics Setting: Very High
GPU Usage during matches (normal settings): 90-100%
Lag during matches on these settings: No

GPU Usage During matches (Crowd off): 80-85%

GPU Usage During matches (Shadows Off): 70-75%

GPU Usage During matches (Shadows and Crowd Off): 55-60%

Will be extremely intrigued to see if anyone with low GPU usage is having lag. You can change the settings mid-match - would suggest conducting the tests across one match as different stadiums/weather conditions would affect it. 

image.thumb.png.0429920b122728ea20a7d70822239aa8.png I did as requested and turned crowd and shadow off. GPU is low but lag still makes match engine almost unwatchable sadly. As I have said before the game was running brilliantly last week Monday but something has changed since.

Just now, Marazola said:

I am getting a full yellow screen with only commentary.

41cdb9db6822ed4b02019da40f68c878.png

No idea whats going on.

It's because you're using a custom skin, check the skinning hideout on how to fix it. 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

It's because you're using a custom skin, check the skinning hideout on how to fix it. 

Gotcha, I had a feeling that was it.

Anyone with a high GPU issue should check again now as we believe we've fixed it with the full release. 

@Neil Brock Full game released and still lag on version 20.1.2 - both in 2D and 3D ME together with some delay / lag in the menus. I have tried on both low and very low settings. My details are: 

Macbook Pro (15 inch, 2016) 

2,6 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz

Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB / Intel HD Graphics 530 1536MB

No issue with CPU. 

Edited by Jesper9000

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Anyone with a high GPU issue should check again now as we believe we've fixed it with the full release. 

I think you have fixed the GPU issue - thanks - BUT it's still lagging! :-[

3 minutes ago, Major Bantz said:

And only getting 30 fps now instead of 60

What Graphics Card do you have? What graphics quality are you running the game in? 

Is the match lagging for you now, or is it just the fps is lower? 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

What Graphics Card do you have? What graphics quality are you running the game in? 

gtx 1660 ti (i7 9th gen). running on medium although game recommends high.

have both lagging and low fps now.

thanks

The FPS is still not good enough. FM 19 could consistently provide 144, now I'm dropping to 50. What changed?

I need help, its normal to have 1 star with gtx 1050. 8 gb ram, intel core i-7?

Just now, LOLLL CSGOempire.com said:

I need help, its normal to have 1 star with gtx 1050. 8 gb ram, intel core i-7?

Have you tried reading this? - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/239_technical-support/244_pc/my-graphics-star-rating-appears-low-or-im-set-to-a-low-graphics-setting-by-default-r902/

On iMac 5K 3.5Ghz i5 with 16GB RAM DDR3 with AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2GB

The ME it is unplayable on recommend settings. Can you solve this SI?

The trick i solve with this messy graphics, its acceptable to play until you solve it:

image2.jpg

IMG.jpg

No fix in the full version for me either.

My Rig can play some big 3d games too:

Ryzen 5 1600.

16GB Ram (3000Mhz).

Radeon Vega 56.

Edited by RorysRocketThrow

We've significantly lowered the GPU usage of the game - as we mentioned previously there are potentially other factors which can cause the match engine to lag so we'll need more information to figure out why some users are encountering this issue. 

We suggest every user tries for themselves to see if they're still having issues. If you are, we would suggest posting the following:

Your DxDiag
What Graphics Quality you run the game in by default (and if you're running at a different level currently)
Whether lowering your Graphics Quality makes the game run without lag (and at what level Lag stops entirely)

Just now, LOLLL CSGOempire.com said:

It solved it thank you so much

Thanks for letting us know. 

We've significantly lowered the GPU usage of the game - as we mentioned previously there are potentially other factors which can cause the match engine to lag so we'll need more information to figure out why some users are encountering this issue. 

We suggest every user tries for themselves to see if they're still having issues. If you are, we would suggest posting the following:

Your DxDiag
What Graphics Quality you run the game in by default (and if you're running at a different level currently)
Whether lowering your Graphics Quality makes the game run without lag (and at what level Lag stops entirely)

See my topic here

Your DxDiag

DxDiag attached.

3d settings default - attached.  Lag is present (high settings).

3d settings_lag reduces - attached.  (medium settings)

Both instances have shadows off.

The settings where the 3d lag reduces are where it reduces to virtually nothing but randomly returns for small periods in games.

3d settings.png

3d settings_lag reduces.png

DxDiag.txt

12 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Your DxDiag

Dxdiag attached.  
I tried every setting ranging from very low to very high. My FPS barely changes. It seems like changing the quality settings doesn't really affect my FPS. 

DxDiag (1).txt

Edited by Elise

Just now, Elise said:

Dxdiag attached.  
I tried every setting ranging from very low to very high. My FPS barely changes. It seems like changing the quality settings doesn't really affect my FPS. 

DxDiag (1).txt 84.14 kB · 0 downloads

That's really strange in fairness, not something I've seen before. What FPS is it running at in match? 

3 minutes ago, Elise said:

Dxdiag attached.  

DxDiag (1).txt 84.14 kB · 1 download

Same  for me

I have  during match 55-60  fps but still lag 

Edited by GOODNAME

I'm still encountering a severe lagging in the match enging as well. Every FM20 Beta patch contained a lag for me, be it in 3D or 2D. Lowering the quality of the graphics doesn't change the performance. Neither does switching V-sync of in the NVidia control panel. FM19 gameplay and 3D performance was really, really smooth on high settings.

DxDiag.txt

That's really strange in fairness, not something I've seen before. What FPS is it running at in match? 

It gets stuck on 55, then jumps to 80, drops back to 55, sometimes 50 (when the whole field is shown for example). It looks smooth for a few seconds, then gets jittery/stutters because of the fluctuation. I also have a 144Hz monitor so I would love to get 144 FPS, just as I did in FM 19.

Edited by Elise

11 minutes ago, Elise said:

It gets stuck on 55, then jumps to 80, drops back to 55, sometimes even 45 (when the whole field is shown for example). It looks smooth for a few seconds, then gets jittery/stutters because of the fluctuation. I also have a 144Hz monitor so I would love to get 144 FPS, just as I did in FM 19.

How did you get it that high?

I'm running a Vega 56 and can't get higher than 49/50 fps on either game!?  I've also got a 144hz monitor