Sports Interactive Community

it's now been 4+ days with still no fix. jesus i just want to play the ****ing game that i paid for. absolute jokes

1 hour ago, tracy said:

it's now been 4+ days with still no fix. jesus i just want to play the ****ing game that i paid for. absolute jokes

It's pretty frustrating.. but let's wait until Thursday...

2 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

It's pretty frustrating.. but let's wait until Thursday...

Its been a known issue for 3 years. Go and look at the forums for 2019 and 2018. 

They dont care. They think its us. And bc they think its us or our machines, they couldnt care about fixing it.  Theyre a disgrace.

Appreciate you're frustrated but please avoid abuse and insults.

The developers do care and are working hard to resolve issues.

Please, don't forget, you are still playing a beta, you paid for the game that is released on 19th november.

do any of you get crashes too?

I have Nvidia gtx 650 and while last update has smoothened the lag  at least on medium settings  (with some low or off) i am getting still lots of crashes. Have got em since Nov 3rd. If I set graphics too high it crashes at the start usually.

FM 19 demo incidentally ran smooth on HIGH settings at a big Bayern stadium, fm 16 game smooth on very high for comparison

also any advice how to set geforce settings? i only have max power enabled for fm.

one thing i've noticed that often after a crash, the graphic settings would be different than what i set. The individual setting would match as i reloaded the game but overall would ussually be on high or just now Low, despite me setting 'em on MEDIUM. Is this a coincidence or a perhaps a bug that correct setting arent used ingame? Or does it set to some pre.crash setting?

edit, as someone suggested to me in another thread, Is my geforce experience overwriting this setting? How can I check /set that?

Edited by The Threadstarter

2 hours ago, WillGriggsFire said:

Its been a known issue for 3 years. Go and look at the forums for 2019 and 2018. 

They dont care. They think its us. And bc they think its us or our machines, they couldnt care about fixing it.  Theyre a disgrace.

I dont know  mate before this update all the game  was smooth for me.

That's why I'm hoping at the 19th it will be  fixed 

I just wish Si would own up and be honest in saying they released the beta too early. They clearly haven't done enough evaluation and testing in house on PC's or Laptops of varying specifications. To be be told by MJ that it's generally not an issue is disgraceful. I, like many others have a high-end PC, capable of running any current/game software out there at their max.settings and that's on a 4K monitor !  Therefore, by comparison FM should be a walk in the park ! The highest GPU load I get on all other software averages 70% and peaks at 85%, yet with FM20 it's almost a constant 100% with an occasional dip to around 80%. This is unforgivable and it's the third year in a row where ME lag has been an issue.

Edited by bartdude

4 hours ago, bartdude said:

I just wish Si would own up and be honest in saying they released the beta too early. They clearly haven't done enough evaluation and testing in house on PC's or Laptops of varying specifications. To be be told by MJ that it's generally not an issue is disgraceful. I, like many others have a high-end PC, capable of running any current/game software out there at their max.settings and that's on a 4K monitor !  Therefore, by comparison FM should be a walk in the park ! The highest GPU load I get on all other software averages 70% and peaks at 85%, yet with FM20 it's almost a constant 100% with an occasional dip to around 80%. This is unforgivable and it's the third year in a row where ME lag has been an issue.

I remember you from the last years threads about this. Im not going through another waiting game again. I just want money back. Dont do it to yourself.

Borderline robbery for 3 years in a row. This wont get fixed. Someone will post a half workable workaround from outside fm and will be forced to make do. Not doing it. They can return my money.

1 hour ago, WillGriggsFire said:

I remember you from the last years threads about this. Im not going through another waiting game again. I just want money back. Dont do it to yourself.

Borderline robbery for 3 years in a row. This wont get fixed. Someone will post a half workable workaround from outside fm and will be forced to make do. Not doing it. They can return my money.

You can speak to the vendor you purchased from regarding a refund. 

You haven't posted your own contribution in line with the framework provided by the SI posts in this thread. I appreciate you're unhappy, and me posting a gif of my own experience being all "Hurr durr works fine for me" doesn't help you get your problem solved. But neither are your own actions by simply complaining. Perhaps you did it in the past with a prior edition of FM, but while the symptoms can be the same it doesn't mean the causes are. 

- - -

In general, let's keep in mind this thread has had 6 responses in it from someone at SI.  Posting on the forums during what is undoubtedly going to be the busiest period of development is going to come at a premium for SI staff. Decisions have to be made. But without people posting their issues then there's realistically little chance of getting it resolved. There might not be an individual reply to every single aspect because time, manpower and the need to actually work on the game prevent it but even if your hardware is exactly the same as that of another user who has posted in this thread their particular issue being resolved doesn't mean yours will be.

26 minutes ago, santy001 said:

You haven't posted your own contribution in line with the framework provided by the SI posts in this thread. I appreciate you're unhappy, and me posting a gif of my own experience being all "Hurr durr works fine for me" doesn't help you get your problem solved. But neither are your own actions by simply complaining. Perhaps you did it in the past with a prior edition of FM, but while the symptoms can be the same it doesn't mean the causes are. 

- - -

In general, let's keep in mind this thread has had 6 responses in it from someone at SI.  Posting on the forums during what is undoubtedly going to be the busiest period of development is going to come at a premium for SI staff. Decisions have to be made. But without people posting their issues then there's realistically little chance of getting it resolved. There might not be an individual reply to every single aspect because time, manpower and the need to actually work on the game prevent it but even if your hardware is exactly the same as that of another user who has posted in this thread their particular issue being resolved doesn't mean yours will be.

Santy001 the main issue here is that there is no response from SI on almost a week, and MJ deny on Twitter that there is an issue with lag. The issue was the same with FM19 earlier this year, where there was no response from SI team for weeks. 

They can just confirm they are looking into this, and they will revert, when they have an update. 

But @Jesper9000 go back a page and you will literally see a tweet in which Miles says there are issues. With specific hardware combinations. Misrepresenting the argument does nothing to help resolve this, it just serves to create more frustration.

I have to ask, if your argument then that every day in which an issue isn't resolved (an unfortunately in any kind of software environment not all issues will be resolved) a developer needs to come on the forums and post that the issue still isn't resolved? I mean us mods can do that, or a bot can be automated to do it. It doesn't achieve anything. It doesn't signify anything. 

There's a finite amount of hours and resources available, and I'm not speaking for SI here I'm speaking out of personal experience there are always going to be some hardware issues that are a blight upon games. It's far less frequent with console games because by the end of a console generation you've got maybe 5 or so hardware sets to cater for at most. I imagine you could go through an awful lot of posters on this forum before you find 2 people with identical specifications even if you narrowed it down to just CPU, GPU, motherboard and RAM.

I had this issue at the back end of FM18 - not fixed.  The issue repeated itself on FM19, which I accidentally fixed when my graphics card failed and I replaced with an upgrade.  Others had the issue throughout.

So far I also have the issue with FM20 although the lag is different.  Previously it was fixed by moving the mouse during gameplay or by running a screen recorder in the background.

This time the lag is not fixed by those and is permanent. It is not affected by lowering the graphics quality or removing shadows/crowd.

My GPU is a Radeon Vega 56 (latest drivers) and it handles most of the current titles with no issues.  It is paired with a Ryzen 5 1600 and 16GB ram.

This is a very disappointing deja vu for me and it's getting more than tiresome.

I'm more than happy to share my system details and as an open offer to SI, im more than happy to personally drive my entire system down to the offices (from Stoke on Trent) for further interrogation if required!

Edited by RorysRocketThrow

1 hour ago, santy001 said:

- - -

If people are looking for more personal touch with help and if they arent getting help here (on insanely busy forums) as I found they can log a ticket here:

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Ill admit it hasnt solved my issue with lag on the 2D and 3D engine but they got back to me very quickly. an were really helpful considering how busy they must be.

Im waiting to see how it is now with the full game now tomorrow and hoping for the best.

12 minutes ago, santy001 said:

@RorysRocketThrow there are posts on page 1 from Jack Joyce detailing what it is that they need to see in relation to this. 

Sure, at work at the moment and have had limited time on and off to do the full data collection over the weekend.   It is my plan to do it this evening, spend a bit of time going through a few things and upload.

With respect though santy, a lot of this was done last year and if the thread hadn't been deleted,  you could have seen the work I put into helping with this issue.

I even went as far as a full system reinstall from scratch.

Edited by RorysRocketThrow

As Jack mentioned at the start of the thread we're currently investigating issues in regards to CPU/GPU performance during matches and that a small number of users are experiencing lag. With the most recent PRB update the situation improved for a number of users, however we are aware that a subset are still encountering problems. In the meantime we'd recommend that users are likely to find less problems if they lower their graphic settings in game and if on Nvidia, they can try disabling their V-Sync via the Nvidia control panel.

We've seen different users affected by different things - some users found that anti-virus programs caused a conflict with their game which caused the game to lag. If any other users find specific tweaks to their system or settings which cause the game to run better, please feel free to share it here and we'll continue to investigate. 

Appreciate the frustration shown by those users who are seeing this and when we have further information we will update. Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

As Jack mentioned at the start of the thread we're currently investigating issues in regards to CPU/GPU performance during matches and that a small number of users are experiencing lag. With the most recent PRB update the situation improved for a number of users, however we are aware that a subset are still encountering problems. In the meantime we'd recommend that users are likely to find less problems if they lower their graphic settings in game and if on Nvidia, they can try disabling their V-Sync via the Nvidia control panel.

We've seen different users affected by different things - some users found that anti-virus programs caused a conflict with their game which caused the game to lag. If any other users find specific tweaks to their system or settings which cause the game to run better, please feel free to share it here and we'll continue to investigate. 

Appreciate the frustration shown by those users who are seeing this and when we have further information we will update. Thanks. 

Thank you for the update, Neil! Communication is the key. Hope this will be solved quickly, so we can enjoy the game :-)  

42 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks for looking into it. Strangely, when I played last Monday it was excellent on whatever setting. But I played yesterday on the same settings and it was badly lagging again.  I've tried on both high end laptop and desktop and it's the same story.

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Как Джек упомянул в начале потока, в настоящее время мы исследуем проблемы, связанные с производительностью CPU / GPU во время матчей и тем, что небольшое количество пользователей испытывает отставание. С последним обновлением PRB ситуация улучшилась для ряда пользователей, однако мы знаем, что подгруппа все еще сталкивается с проблемами. В то же время мы рекомендуем пользователям, скорее всего, найти меньше проблем, если они снизят свои графические настройки в игре, а в Nvidia они могут попытаться отключить V-Sync через панель управления Nvidia.

Мы видели разных пользователей, затронутых разными вещами - некоторые пользователи обнаружили, что антивирусные программы вызывали конфликт с их игрой, что приводило к ее зависанию. Если какие-либо другие пользователи обнаружат определенные изменения в своей системе или настройках, из-за которых игра будет работать лучше, пожалуйста, поделитесь ею здесь, и мы продолжим расследование. 

Оцените разочарование, проявленное теми пользователями, которые видят это, и когда у нас будет дополнительная информация, мы будем обновлять. Спасибо. 

This problem is manifested not only among some users. It is worth recognizing that all users have this problem.

14 minutes ago, ashbreeder said:

This problem is manifested not only among some users. It is worth recognizing that all users have this problem.

That;s not true. Two of my friends don't have this problem. I DO have the problem unfortunately, as well as one of my other friends.

I think  the opposite, that most of us suffering  from this after the last update 

Before the update it was  smooth 

1 minute ago, GOODNAME said:

I think  the opposite, that most of us suffering  from this after the last update 

Before the update it was  smooth 

For some people it was worse before the update, and is better now. Even a user above has said his friends don't have the same issue. As said we're investigating but not every user is encountering lag. 

8 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

For some people it was worse before the update, and is better now. Even a user above has said his friends don't have the same issue. As said we're investigating but not every user is encountering lag. 

There is any chance what we will see any difference  at the full releases or right not it will stay  the same?

15 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

There is any chance what we will see any difference  at the full releases or right not it will stay  the same?

It depends on what specifically is causing your lag. If it's say related to a conflict or anti-virus there's every chance that an update may fix that, so it's impossible to say for certain. We're continuing to investigate and will continue to make improvements to FM20 on and after release. 

Thanks. 

No anti-virus in conflict on my MacBook Pro, and was very smooth and no lag until 20.1.0 update. 

Edited by Jesper9000

I had no problems with the backlog not in 18, not in 19 versions of the game. It started immediately after update 20.1.
What does my equipment have to do with it? ..

This problem also happends to me in fm19 so i bought fm20 thinking the problem will be fixed but is the same thing. I have a  gtx 1070 i5 6600 16gb ram and i cant play this game, i mean this game have graphics like a game of 20 years old and my pc can move every game but cant move this game with terrible graphics? of course is a a terrible optimization from Sigames, so i just want my money back.

4 minutes ago, fako22 said:

This problem also happends to me in fm19 so i bought fm20 thinking the problem will be fixed but is the same thing. I have a  gtx 1070 i5 6600 16gb ram and i cant play this game, i mean this game have graphics like a game of 20 years old and my pc can move every game but cant move this game with terrible graphics? of course is a a terrible optimization from Sigames, so i just want my money back.

Same here. I can play games like GTA 5 with over 60+ fps. Had no problems with the previous versions of fm and now they are trying to blame this issue on us? They know that it's their fault and if nothing's changed on the full game tomorrow, i'm going to want my money back

Nobody is blaming anyone, as we've said on numerous occasions in this thread we're aware it's an issue some users are experiencing and we're investigating.

In the meantime, if you try in-game changing some of your in-match settings via the panel showing below, let us know if any specific change helps with the performance:

nb_match_preferences.jpg

A couple of users have mentioned that lowering the shadow quality has helped lower the GPU usage for them. 

Thanks. 

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Neil Brock:

In the meantime, if you try in-game changing some of your in-match settings via the panel showing below, let us know if any specific change helps with the performance:

A couple of users have mentioned that lowering the shadow quality has helped lower the GPU usage for them.

No. That doesn't help either. This makes it at most minimally better, but still not really playable.

24 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Nobody is blaming anyone, as we've said on numerous occasions in this thread we're aware it's an issue some users are experiencing and we're investigating.

nb_match_preferences.jpg

Thanks. 

it doesnt work, i tried all settings low and shadows off and still lags, also i tried every configuration in nvidia control panel  

Funny how many Sigames 'representatives' have chimed in to this topic now. 

I remember Neil trying to shut me down re this problem with last years game on the same topic on the Steam forum. He tried to suggest then that it was just an isolated issue only affecting a very small number of users. I told him then there were way too many identical posts about it for that to be the case. They are either in denial about the scale of the problem, or more likely just trying to down play it so people don't demand their money back.

Either way this has plagued the game so long i'm guessing they simply just don't know how to fix it.

It depends on what specifically is causing your lag. If it's say related to a conflict or anti-virus there's every chance that an update may fix that, so it's impossible to say for certain. We're continuing to investigate and will continue to make improvements to FM20 on and after release. 

Thanks. 

So what can you say for the people who are running desktop i5/i7/i9 and rtx cards 16gb of ddr4 ram with just windows 10 defender because you cant really say that it our hardware can you  as been stated before witch is just ridiculous as we play AAA games with no problem whatsoever

36 minutes ago, Huey Lewis said:

Not just SI seeing these problems

You are comparing Red redemption 2 witch is just came out on pc to Football manager 2020 when football manager has been having this issue for the last 3 years 

Edited by jckc221013jamie

7 minutes ago, bazlowski said:

Funny how many Sigames 'representatives' have chimed in to this topic now. 

I remember Neil trying to shut me down re this problem with last years game on the same topic on the Steam forum. He tried to suggest then that it was just an isolated issue only affecting a very small number of users. I told him then there were way too many identical posts about it for that to be the case. They are either in denial about the scale of the problem, or more likely just trying to down play it so people don't demand their money back.

Either way this has plagued the game so long i'm guessing they simply just don't know how to fix it.

They only need to go on youtube to see the the problem because every single stream i have watched on youtube the match engine is lagging and jerking bad so its beyond me how they can say it's a small number

Edited by jckc221013jamie

Just to reiterate again in this thread as it seems to get missed every time we post it - we're aware there's an issue some users are experiencing and we're investigating. We'll respond to this thread when we have any further information. 

Thanks. 

Appreciate you fronting up and engaging on the forum. But I have the same lag on two separate machines that can run high according to recommended settings (I've tried medium but still problems). A week ago all was well but now lag is back.

I also have issues but as Neil has said they are aware of it and hopefully they can figure something out. I know its not what people want to hear but this is a busy time for the guys there and we have to trust that they are aware of the issue and can sort it out. 

Fingers crossed upon release the lags are fixed and we can crack on with our FM saves.

I would say to wait for the final release?

I had the problem last year too, and nothing was apparently done, so I understand that everyone is suspicious

but we are still on the BETA, so lets see if the final edition comes with this problem, 

It's definitley worse when rendering hard shadows in sunny conditions, which is obviously more processor hungry.

But still should be a breeze for high end graphics cards.

We should all have faith in them to fix this issue but people have been having this same issue for the last 3 years now and some people have even upgraded there computer's just for football manager like myself and some of the upgrades i'm seeing ain't cheap i'm seeing people with i9's and rtx 2080's having the lag and jerkiness problem and we should not be having that problem. With the upgrades people have been buying I really thought this year's game would be much better in terms of the match engine lag. I have an i5 8600k at 4.8ghz an rtx 2060, 16 gig of 3200mhz ram and the game is installed on a 500gb nvme drive and out of all the AAA titled games i'm playing this is the game that is giving me the most problem's and it shouldn't be by far. We should not have to be told to lower our graphical settings on hardware like i have mentioned when that hardware runs the most demanding title's  and to be told it's our hardware and only a small number of people  is having this issue is that is just wrong it don't take a rocket science to look on youtube and see that every single football manager youtuber has got bad lag in the game

They have made such a brilliant and by far the best version yet and for the match engine to be how it is just totally ruins all the hard work other people have put into the different parts of the game 

We're trying to narrow down what specific thing in the match is causing this problem. I'm running on a desktop here with a 1060 3GB card on very high. It runs with high GPU (so 95%-100%) usage but no lag. However when I disable Shadows it drops by about 25%. If I disable Crowds it drops by about 20%.

Would be interested as a test if those of you seeing lagging in match with high GPU use, if you disable these (perhaps one at a time, then both) if you see a similar drop in GPU usage and whether or not it makes any difference to whether it lags.

So what we'd like to know if you don't mind doing this test (would suggest either not running other programs in the background, of if you are, making sure you run them exactly the same for each test:

Your Graphics Card: 
Default Graphics Setting:
GPU Usage during matches (normal settings):
Lag during matches on these settings (Yes Lots/Yes Minor/No):

GPU Usage During matches (Crowd off):

GPU Usage During matches (Shadows Off):

GPU Usage During matches (Shadows and Crowd Off):

Have done mine below for an example:

Your Graphics Card: 1060 GTX 1060 3GB
Default Graphics Setting: Very High
GPU Usage during matches (normal settings): 90-100%
Lag during matches on these settings: No

GPU Usage During matches (Crowd off): 80-85%

GPU Usage During matches (Shadows Off): 70-75%

GPU Usage During matches (Shadows and Crowd Off): 55-60%

Will be extremely intrigued to see if anyone with low GPU usage is having lag. You can change the settings mid-match - would suggest conducting the tests across one match as different stadiums/weather conditions would affect it. 

4 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

small number of users

Whats the evidence here? I know 5 people with the game. 3 on PC with Nvidia setup all experiencing lag. Admittedly one running gtx 970 but still should be plenty powerful. The other 2 play mobile with no issue.

Some have said wait till release so prepared to do that, fair enough. If its still an issue ill contact steam for a refund and re-purchase if this problem gets fixed.

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We're trying to narrow down what specific thing in the match is causing this problem. I'm running on a desktop here with a 1060 3GB card on very high. It runs with high GPU (so 95%-100%) usage but no lag. However when I disable Shadows it drops by about 25%. If I disable Crowds it drops by about 20%.

Would be interested as a test if those of you seeing lagging in match with high GPU use, if you disable these (perhaps one at a time, then both) if you see a similar drop in GPU usage and whether or not it makes any difference to whether it lags.

So what we'd like to know if you don't mind doing this test (would suggest either not running other programs in the background, of if you are, making sure you run them exactly the same for each test:

Your Graphics Card: 

Will be extremely intrigued to see if anyone with low GPU usage is having lag. You can change the settings mid-match - would suggest conducting the tests across one match as different stadiums/weather conditions would affect it. 

i would love to see a video of your no lag because out of every single video on youtube and twitch they all have lag and it is very clear to see

7 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Your Graphics Card: 

At work so cant do the full test but can say that removing shadow "improves" the lag/blur.  Seeing what you saw but anecdotally the lag is really bad with shadow, still bad with it but better. Ill respond later with what youve asked

Of course lag will not get fixed in full release, because fm19 also have this problem till today... that was the reason i bought fm20 because i tought was a fm19 problem