Sports Interactive Community

i have noticed when i have it on medium i get say 10% lag but as soon as i set it back to high or very high the game is unplayable the lag and jerkiness is just terrible and i shouldn't have to use medium with an rtx 2060 we buy top hardware so we can run games at very high to high we don't spend 300-400 pound to play on medium to low settings its a joke 

Edited by jckc221013jamie

23 minutes ago, jckc221013jamie said:

yeah mate mine has gone right back to the jerkiness and lag again there's something seriously wrong with this match engine it is unbelievable that 3 years in a row and we are still dealing with the same issue it's crazy and it is definitely coming from with in the match engine itself and not our hardware because their are people in hear with i9's and rtx 2080's i have a i5 8600k at 4.8ghz and an rtx 2060 so i no it ain't because of my hardware i just find it baffling that they still can't fix this lag issue after 3 years of god knows how many people's hardware and all sorts that they have asked for and dxdiag uploads why don't they just try asking another big pc game maker for help or something surely there is help out there for them to fix this issue like it aint no fifa or gta its football manager for god sake but they just seem lost and dont no what to do about this match engine its not fair on us having to play and watch an horrible laggy jerky game it's not right 

The thing is they have done such a good job on the rest of the game it is so smooth and quick going from page to page and no more lag on the processing calendar i feel it is even a lot quicker at processing the day's now as well i have 25 nations on and the game is flying it is just a shame about the match engine but i have faith in them to fix it for us 

When you say you have had this problem for years do you mean just at the beta stage or when the full game was released too? 

11 minutes ago, TheGrahamF said:

When you say you have had this problem for years do you mean just at the beta stage or when the full game was released too? 

I'm the opposite, always been quality match engine in FM18 and 19 including beta. They should have just left it alone.

34 minutes ago, jckc221013jamie said:

yeah mate mine has gone right back to the jerkiness and lag again there's something seriously wrong with this match engine it is unbelievable that 3 years in a row and we are still dealing with the same issue it's crazy and it is definitely coming from with in the match engine itself and not our hardware because their are people in hear with i9's and rtx 2080's i have a i5 8600k at 4.8ghz and an rtx 2060 so i no it ain't because of my hardware i just find it baffling that they still can't fix this lag issue after 3 years of god knows how many people's hardware and all sorts that they have asked for and dxdiag uploads why don't they just try asking another big pc game maker for help or something surely there is help out there for them to fix this issue like it aint no fifa or gta its football manager for god sake but they just seem lost and dont no what to do about this match engine its not fair on us having to play and watch an horrible laggy jerky game it's not right 

The thing is they have done such a good job on the rest of the game it is so smooth and quick going from page to page and no more lag on the processing calendar i feel it is even a lot quicker at processing the day's now as well i have 25 nations on and the game is flying it is just a shame about the match engine but i have faith in them to fix it for us 

I love how smooth it is now between the games, i`ve never seen it so smooth... but when we go to 3D ... that`s another story!

i`m gonna stay on medium settings and play it like that for now, hope they`ll find a way to fix it! 

Just now, FatalCraftYT said:

My match engine was lagging as well. Have 5 stars perfomance but still lagging so much. Updated and still had the lag. I had a skin that i downloaded. Changed it to the default football manager skin and the match engine just started to run super smooth. If you have a skin, try to change it to the default and see if it helps. 

No skin, no attached graphics, nothing!

16 minutes ago, TheGrahamF said:

yeah mainly from the beta up until say the first to the second patch it only started for me from fm 18 i had a few problems in 19 with jerkiness and 2020 has been the worse but i am mainly speaking for all the other post that i have seen from people with the lag and jerkiness problem

15 minutes ago, jckc221013jamie said:

yeah mainly from the beta up until say the first to the second patch it only started for me from fm 18 i had a few problems in 19 with jerkiness and 2020 has been the worse but i am mainly speaking for all the other post that i have seen from people with the lag and jerkiness problem

Hopefully that will be the case again this time.

It just annoys me that we are having this problem and others are having none at all.

2 minutes ago, TheGrahamF said:

Hopefully that will be the case again this time.

It just annoys me that we are having this problem and others are having none at all.

yeah it's weird ain't it and i mainly built my pc purely for football manager i have an i5 8600k,rtx 2060,16 gig of ram at 3200mhz and 1tb evo 970 nvme drive so its a pretty good machine so it is very frustrating but i'm even seeing people with i9's and i7's with rtx 2080's having these same issues but yeah hopefully it will get better within the next couple of main patches and hot fixes 

I'll be keeping an eye on this as it's the one reason I won't buy the game. I don't have a top of the end Nvidia graphics card and FM17 was laggy for me but was solved totally by using a three year old graphics driver.  The new drivers were awful. That driver kind of works from time to time in FM19 but rain and other matches with no rhyme and reason it lags in 3d.  I would buy a new graphics card but COD works absolutely fine and surely the graphics in that are higher than FM.  So obviously don't want to but a new card if it's not a graphics card issue.  Annoying it's been like this for 3 years.

Edited by Sussex Hammer

every one watch this this is a prime example of the problem we are having and he is running it on  i9 9940x  with rtx 2080ti and 64 gig of ram  so we know it ain't our hardware 

ADVANCE TO 01.38.00 <---time

Edited by jckc221013jamie

Played a game this evening post update and funnily enough the match wasn’t as laggy or stuttering but still not good.

Although I felt there was more lag between screens especially loading up on scouting.

Hurry up full release please.

The lag/stutter is not so bad in that 'TV' type view, it is considerably worse in the sideline view where you can see the majority of the field and the all the players at once.

Loool completely agree with what's been said. I literally only bought a high end gaming laptop so I could play fm on super high graphics and every year since fm17 I've had issues with lag. Even after the fixes on fm19 I still had lag/lag spikes but I didn't play it as much towards the end so I didn't bother raising the issue. Yeah obviously SI are trying n working on it and this may be oversimplifying it a bit but you'd think they could get someone in who works on high end graphic type games to have a look at the issue. Still I'm annoyed but don't wanna hate on SI they're good guys tbf - and hopefully this gets fixed soon it is the beta after all 

Also it's still laggy for me after the update and I've had my first crash dump :( 

Edited by ___tomgardner

I have a problem since last year as my sound and comments appear few seconds faster then the image. This is so annoying because I know it is a goal or not before the ball enters. I stop playing last year because of this error and if same thing happen this year I will be forced to not playing it again

Terzo anno; stesso problema. Inconcepibile.

Third year; same problem. Inconceivable

DxDiag.txt

Edited by AAABrio

I have read about a new invention by Google. It is called Google Stadia. Through it, you will be able to play any game (and FM off course), no matter what the game's requirements are. ;)

Edited by GiorgosAth

I have been trying every sort of fix, the only one with near success so far (fingers crossed) is entering -high in the steam launch options tab on fm 2020. This has smoothed my gameplay for a few games in a row now with a solid 60 FPS on a higher resolution than I normally use. For nvidia users use the performance beta panel to see what fps. However i still cannot use very high but am very close to it (shadow off with a few settings down to high) we still need a fix as the lag will probably return...

On 06/11/2019 at 13:43, L_i_o said:

Try to limit the FPS to 60, or change your Monitor Refresh Rate to 60Hz

Unlike FM19, there is no option to alter the FPS in FM20 !!

Just now, bartdude said:

There is in steam 

I'm getting less lagging since 2.0.3, although Si say they've not touched the match engine in this update.  Whatever my GPU load has gone down from 90-95%, down to a peak of 75% and an average of 55%, so hardly surprising the performance is improved. Still getting the odd glitch or stutter but noticeably better than it was. 

Im pretty sure as like last year crowd quality is the main thing that degrades performance. i Have a RX570 8GB and i turned the crowd quality to low on 20.0.3 and it ran much smoother i hadnt played too many games though and didnt have that bigger of a stadium but try it out.

4 hours ago, bartdude said:

I use RivaTuner(from MSI AfterBurner)

The same has been happening here. I have a Geforce Gtx 1650 4gb, I5 9 generation processor with 16gb RAM, the game indicates that I have 5 stars of graphic quality, but it has lags even if I put the quality High or Medium. In the last hot fix it gave a slight improvement, and I believe so, the audience influences when the bleachers appear more.

Is anyone having issue making the crowd disappear? When my settings are set to 'Medium' and I set crowd quality to 'Off' then the crowd doesn't display but when I set the settings to 'Low' and turn crowd 'Off' the crowd is still there.

Something interesting happened today. While playing the game with high graphics settings, the GPU was rising to 70-75 degrees. I tried the highest settings and the GPU stayed around 65 degrees.

PS: I’m still getting low FPS. It’s not smooth.

Edited by srvngrc

Same problem - decent spec pc, but the match engine is awful - jittery, slow and stuttering. I recently had an HP technician service my computer, he said my pc can deal with high-end graphics, and FM should be a piece of cake.

23 minutes ago, Major Bantz said:

All of a sudden mine has improved greatly! Anyone else found that? 

Spoke too soon :seagull:

I've got a gtx1050Ti card with i7-8700 and I'm lagging harddddddddddddd out in 3D matches. The jittery makes the game unplayable. If they don't fix it in full release then the only option would be contact them for a refund sadly...

Hello.I haven't bought the game yet, but friends like me who had the lag problem for the last two years are here again. I want to ask, is the lag problem as before or a different situation? If it's the same, I won't buy it for the first time in 21 years.

I'm also seeing a lot of lag during the 3d matches. My GPU utilisation seems way too high and is between 90-100% most of the time. 2d matches are smooth as silk, 3d using any of the pitch views is stuttering badly.

Desktop PC:
Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz
16 Gb DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
FM installed on an SSD
Playing at 1440p on a GSync monitor

My ingame framerate is in the 80-100 fps range with graphics settings on High and I'm seeing lag/stuttering. Playing around with MSI Afterburner/RivaTuner and limiting FM to 60fps has improved things quite a bit, but the GPU is still utilisation is still high

On 01/11/2019 at 08:08, Jack Joyce said:

We are currently investigating the issue, most cases appear to be down to CPU-related issues. To help us with our investigation:

Could you download GPUz https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ and open it up while FM is playing a match and the issue is happening. Full steps on how to do this properly for us here:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4749/~/collecting-gpu-logs-using-gpu-z

Please follow the steps in the link above and then send us the log files, it'd help a lot!

One extra thing to show us is your CPU utilisation. Steps on how to get task manager to show this can be found in the link below. Take a screenshot or preferably a video of this while the match is playing with the issue occurring please.

https://www.nextofwindows.com/windows-10-quick-tip-how-to-display-all-cpu-cores-performance-in-task-manager

I know it's a pain but this info could be vital in helping us to identify the problem and fix it

Thanks,

Jack

My contribution for this issue to be solved. Still facing some lag during the 3D matches. 

Thanks.

CPU.docx GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt

Well this thread has made my mind up not to buy this year's version. Last two years the lag hasn't been fixed - changing some settings makes it just about bearable but matches never run smoothly regardless.

On 10/11/2019 at 19:21, barisprovince said:

Hello.I haven't bought the game yet, but friends like me who had the lag problem for the last two years are here again. I want to ask, is the lag problem as before or a different situation? If it's the same, I won't buy it for the first time in 21 years.

Hey man, i remember you from the last year's post about the lag on FM19. What's up? Maybe FM is lagging so many years in a row on purpose, so that they can bring the FM fans closer. Way to go SI !! By the way, for me the lag is the same as last year's even though i bought a way better laptop just for FM.

Edited by Andreas295

on the other side I never had lag with FM and I'm buying it the last 25 years (since Championship Manager). The last 9 versions were played on the same PC. Changed PC this year after 8 years. Cheers

I've just opted in to the public beta and its good news for me - the lagging in 3d matches is massively improved. GPU usage has also dropped. This is with the latest NVidia 441.20 drivers released yesterday. Already planning a day off on Friday now for some quality FM time.

(In Steam, right click on FM -> Properties -> beta tab if you want to opt in and give it a whirl)

1 hour ago, Bobbo said:

I've just opted in to the public beta and its good news for me - the lagging in 3d matches is massively improved. GPU usage has also dropped. This is with the latest NVidia 441.20 drivers released yesterday. Already planning a day off on Friday now for some quality FM time.

(In Steam, right click on FM -> Properties -> beta tab if you want to opt in and give it a whirl)

Worked for me, thank you so much!

1 hour ago, Bobbo said:

Yeh i can back this up GPU usage seems to have drastically gone down on 20.1.0. 

20.0.4 was smooth ME wise but it seems they really have addressed the stupid GPU usage. FM20 shouldnt be making my RX570 run at anywhere near 60C and now it barely hits 45