Not sure if this would be an option for anyone but I have a lenovo laptop and a program called 'lenovo nerve sense' which allows me to use 'extreme cooling' and turn the fans on quite high. It doesn't fix lag but definitely makes it run a bit smoother

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Following a windows update I’m now lagging, anyone know the Nvidia settings as it seems a have reset one?

On 06/05/2020 at 22:30, mahanhz said:

I too have been suffering from terrible lag, in moving between screens, continuing day to day and especially in 3D matches.

However recently after playing around with NVidia control panel settings (Manage 3D settings) I have been able to reduce the lag considerably.

So I thought I'd share my settings in case it is of benefit to anyone else.

fm20_lag_nvidia_settings_1.png

fm20_lag_nvidia_settings_2.png

fm20_lag_nvidia_settings_3.png

This has worked for me, thank you. No lag at all now having been suffering with it since launch over 6 months ago.

Match was running smoothly .. now suddenly lagging since 2 weeks !! I put everything to low still lagging when it was running perfectly at medium !! what is going on 

On 21/02/2020 at 13:27, EdL said:

I can't really answer that, as it depends how easy it is to fix.

But if you still have issues at 60Hz my theory might be incorrect anyway.

One other thing try adding --no-gpu-dump to the launch options for FM like so:

image.thumb.png.876ae557910dc981b21f7e4738c726d0.png

man ... this seem to worked !! TX alot .. was about to re-install windows again !!! it drove me mad why suddenly my smooth FM start lagging .. will give it more test in next days .. tried it for one match and it worked 

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Is this thread only relating to the 3D match engine issues? can delete if so...

I'm having really annoying jitter/flicker and what appears to be frame skipping on 2D (and also 3D but i don't play 3D) What makes it even more confusing  is that i am getting zero drops below 60fps in game and my frame times stay at a constant 16.6m/s. This leads me to believe it's an engine issue as opposed to an issue with the way the game communicates with the gpu? 

I've tried the normal solutions, such as clearing the cache and preference folders, as well as using the recommended settings in nvidia control panel but this has had no impact on the issue. 

My specs include: I9-990k, 32gb of ram and 2080TI -  a combination that should be just about be enough to run FM in 2D smoothly.... lol.    

• 1 month later...
On 02/04/2020 at 11:47, Jack Joyce said:

The 20.4.1 update contained no graphics changes so it's likely the new graphics card drivers as you say. It's worth trying rolling back to the previous version and seeing if that clears up the issue for you.

Any update on solving the lag? 

That's not going to happen. From the start Si had decided that the lag issue was not universal, so the cost of a graphics engine re-write was not on the table. Hopefully FM2021 will not suffer the same !

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having the lag issue since the latest updates and tried all the suggestions here including updating the nvidia drivers with no luck. Noticed however that the game is dropping off the graphics card and resorting to the internal gpu when the lag hits. Watching task manager it tells you which gpu it's running on. Mine drops from GPU 1 (nvidia card) to GPU 0 (internal) when lagging then kicks back in after a few seconds. Disabling the internal gpu solves the issue. To do this go to Device Manager > Display Adapters > right click the internal and click disable. You can re-enable this when finished playing the game.

Bit of a faff and far from an ideal solution but works for me just now.

There is no lag in window mode if you make the screen as small as possible. but any screen enlargement makes lag again. im using 1680-1050 screen size in geforce experience but it looks 1920-1080 in game if im playing window mode. 

This is definitly screen size issue. I had a similar problem in 2008. Guys, im 38 years old and i didnt buy the game for the first time this year until this age. (epic gift)
I am aware that the producers do not take this problem seriously, which caused to be unable to play this game for 3 years. But i think this problem is easier than we tought. Im talking thinking about years ahead...

In small window mode like i said, there is no lag in 1920-1080 btw

Edited by barisprovince
On 12/10/2020 at 02:29, barisprovince said:

There is no lag in window mode if you make the screen as small as possible. but any screen enlargement makes lag again. im using 1680-1050 screen size in geforce experience but it looks 1920-1080 in game if im playing window mode. 

This is definitly screen size issue. I had a similar problem in 2008. Guys, im 38 years old and i didnt buy the game for the first time this year until this age. (epic gift)
I am aware that the producers do not take this problem seriously, which caused to be unable to play this game for 3 years. But i think this problem is easier than we tought. Im talking thinking about years ahead...

In small window mode like i said, there is no lag in 1920-1080 btw

Most people don't want to play in Windows mode, so your application is a compromise, not a solution. FM is supposed to be played in full screen and we're entitled to be able to do that, without graphical compromises. Si need to fix the lag issue, urgently.

For me, something has changed since the latest updates with the match engine representation.

There was a severe lag earlier in the year that @EdLrectified for me and the game has been playing so smoothly since then.

However since the latest updates it is not the same.  The game in general plays fine, however I find that now and again the graphics jump in respect of the players 
animations looking awkward every now and then in every match.  I have also noticed that when the ref blows for a penalty the animations seem to pause or judder for a second.

I am currently trying to see if I can tweak any settings to resolve this, but I am confident these anomalies started after the latest updates, as before the game was silky smooth on my 
hardware.