Sports Interactive Community

В 20.02.2020 в 19:20, Jack Joyce сказал:

Update is out now... 

From out internal tests the results have been very positive overall, so let us know how it goes for you!

With each of your updates, it only gets worse, where you get the positive points I do not know, now everything that used to help has stopped helping in principle, that is, it is not possible to play at all because of the lag in the match. Try to release FM 2022 immediately, skipping 21, but that it was working and that people would not spend small money for non-working game.. I've been playing since 2003, but 2020 is just a failure.

DxDiagBrAnD.txt

Somethings that helped me a bit and maybe work with you (sorry if someone already post it) 

- change screen hz to 40

- change using nvidia inspector the vsync to fast sync

- use the profile "guild wars 2" on nvidia inspector 

- change the graphic in-game using the general choice (medium for instance) and not to do tweaks invidually

- not play on window mode

- in 3D match, use separated painel and inverte the camera to not show the bench

- use a cam type that show less of crowd tweaking the zoom and height

9 hours ago, thiagoanjo said:

Quelque chose qui m'a un peu aidé et peut-être travailler avec vous (désolé si quelqu'un l'a déjà posté) 

- changer l'écran hz à 40

- changer en utilisant l'inspecteur nvidia le vsync pour une synchronisation rapide

- utilisez le profil "guild wars 2" sur nvidia inspector 

- changer le graphisme en jeu en utilisant le choix général (moyen par exemple) et ne pas faire de réglages de façon individuelle

- pas jouer en mode fenêtre

- en match 3D, utilisez un painel séparé et inversez la caméra pour ne pas montrer le banc

- utilisez un type de came qui montre moins de foule en ajustant le zoom et la hauteur

I'm sorry but I did not pay a fairly expensive computer with an RTX 2080 and an AMD 3900x to play FM with low or medium graphics ... The latest games run without any problem even the most greedy ... And a game like football manager which in terms of configuration is poor .. And lag? I find it shameful!

13 hours ago, thiagoanjo said:

Somethings that helped me a bit and maybe work with you (sorry if someone already post it) 

- change screen hz to 40

- change using nvidia inspector the vsync to fast sync

- use the profile "guild wars 2" on nvidia inspector 

- change the graphic in-game using the general choice (medium for instance) and not to do tweaks invidually

- not play on window mode

- in 3D match, use separated painel and inverte the camera to not show the bench

- use a cam type that show less of crowd tweaking the zoom and height

You're totally missing the point mate. EVERYONE can lose the lag if they wind their settings down. However,as pointed out in the previous post, he like myself who have high end machines should rightfully expect to be able to run a fairly basic graphics engine, like the one in FM2020 at it's maximum settings !  We do not want to play FM with washed out or blurred graphics. This issue is totally down to Si and they seem to be going backwards as the latest update has made the lag worse than ever !!

Im not trying to explain the problem or solve it, just showing what could help you to play at this moment, if you want it. 

Literally only bought a gaming laptop to play fm fssssss. Not buying the next game this has completely killed my enthusiasm for fm. This thread is kinda dead now so is anyone else still having problems or has these updates genuinely helped anyone? Would also be nice to hear from si if they're still working on this and if they're getting complaints elsewhere about this @Neil Brock @Lucas @Jack Joyce ?  Honestly don't want to be a rude basterd but this wouldn't still be an issue with any other serious game developers

So, after the last update, it is a litte bit better. But still not perfekt.

I am working in a Computer store. So i decided to try serveral Notebooks and macbooks to Play this game.

I tried Notebooks with :

Geforce MX130 / Geforce MX250 / Radeon Vega 8 / Radeon Vega 10 / Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 ti / Intel UHD 620 / Intel Iris Plus / Geforce GTX 1060

The best Performance was with the MX130. 

I tried every Setting, every Resolution. But it is still laggy. It the engine. You can say what you want, but der is a big Problem. 

And it is not since October, it was in FM19 also.

I hope there will be a solution in next time, because there are many People with this Problem.

Posted (edited)

Why not enter the "V-Sync" option in the graphics settings? People would choose how much fps they need. Lags in the menu are still present though less ( I'm sure that the fps here affects)

Edited by Saturn

This is just a **** take now. 

This update has actually RESTORED the problem which prior ones had removed.

I took posession of my brand new computer today, even more powerful than the one I had before.

I have the stutter on both of them.

This is a stutter, not a slow down, not a frame rate issue. The frame rate is steady.

This is a stutter, and it's annoying as Hell.

I do not believe that SI is going to solve this. This title is, at present, an unplayable waste of money.

Posted (edited)
On 21/02/2020 at 14:56, EdL said:

That is intentional, on a static screen their is no advantage to maintaining a high frame rate. If you move the cursor and it requires any animations the framre rate will increase, I've been testing myself and that all seems functional I'm not seeing any UI lag. If you are can we please get a video capture of it so we can try and see what is happening.

@EdL Lags occur when the fps jumps when the cursor moves. I wrote about it here (videos are present):

Edited by Saturn

Yeah at the time I did replicate what you saw, and that should have been fixed in 20.3 - I just tried here and I can't get it anymore

5 minutes ago, EdL said:

Yeah at the time I did replicate what you saw, and that should have been fixed in 20.3 - I just tried here and I can't get it anymore

Checked now on patch 20.4 became better with 35 fps compared to 4 fps. I think if you make it to 60 it will be perfect.

hello, I have a Dell G3 3579 notebook with 2.20 ghz Intel i7 processor and 4.10 ghz turbo boost, 256 gb, 16gb ram ssd nvme toshiba, intel uhd 630 integrated video card, nvidia GeForce 1050ti dedicated video card.
Despite the not really poor components of the notebook I have problems with the 3D game that jerks me.
I tried to lower the graphic quality down to low but it always jerky, only with the very low quality it doesn't jerky but it looks very bad.
I updated the drivers of both video cards and I set to start FM with the nvidia video card but the 3D continues to go jerky.
I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but it continues to jerky the 3d.
I have DirectX 12.
In short, I tried them all but the problem has not been resolved.
I have to play in 2d.
Please help me!

On 29.03.2020 at 18:51, manidaro7 said:

hello, I have a Dell G3 3579 notebook with 2.20 ghz Intel i7 processor and 4.10 ghz turbo boost, 256 gb, 16gb ram ssd nvme toshiba, intel uhd 630 integrated video card, nvidia GeForce 1050ti dedicated video card.
Despite the not really poor components of the notebook I have problems with the 3D game that jerks me.
I tried to lower the graphic quality down to low but it always jerky, only with the very low quality it doesn't jerky but it looks very bad.
I updated the drivers of both video cards and I set to start FM with the nvidia video card but the 3D continues to go jerky.
I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but it continues to jerky the 3d.
I have DirectX 12.
In short, I tried them all but the problem has not been resolved.
I have to play in 2d.
Please help me!

Did you find any solution mate ? I created new topic regarding this kind of issue. Today is last day of free play for that reason ım little confused to purchase fm 2020 due to very poor performance of my pc

Posted (edited)

What's wrong @Jack Joyce? I don't know how but after last update of FM to 2.4.1 version or update of my graphic card drivers FM started to be laggy during matches. Before update everything was smooth and fine. Do you know anything about that? 

DxDiag.txt

Edited by kierzakow

Posted (edited)
I have a laptop i5 8250u 20gb ram 512ssd graphics memory mx150
During the match, even on medium details I have a cropped picture. Please diagnose the problem because together with other users we spent money and we can't even play.
Edited by patryfm20

12 hours ago, kierzakow said:

What's wrong @Jack Joyce? I don't know how but after last update of FM to 2.4.1 version or update of my graphic card drivers FM started to be laggy during matches. Before update everything was smooth and fine. Do you know anything about that? 

DxDiag.txt 136.71 kB · 0 downloads

The 20.4.1 update contained no graphics changes so it's likely the new graphics card drivers as you say. It's worth trying rolling back to the previous version and seeing if that clears up the issue for you.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack Joyce said:

The 20.4.1 update contained no graphics changes so it's likely the new graphics card drivers as you say. It's worth trying rolling back to the previous version and seeing if that clears up the issue for you.

Yeah, I did it but it was laggy as well. I will try once again.

EDIT: Ok, it was graphic card driver issue.

Edited by kierzakow

Posted (edited)
Thought it was because of my PC, but it doesn't seem so. I also have these 3D stutters all the time
in the game. FPS only at 37-40. Other current games run smoothly e.g. F1 2019. You really can't play like that, just unreasonable.
Is there a solution to these 3D stutters to turn off?

Edited by Snaker83

On 03/04/2020 at 09:55, Snaker83 said:

Thought it was because of my PC, but it doesn't seem so. I also have these 3D stutters all the time
in the game. FPS only at 37-40. Other current games run smoothly e.g. F1 2019. You really can't play like that, just unreasonable.
Is there a solution to these 3D stutters to turn off?

Seems not to be. I just pop in here to see if they have finally fixed  it or not. I've completely given up on it now, will be the last one I will be buying and i've had every single game since the beginning.

Posted (edited)

Tbh there's gonna be a load people not buying fm21 because of this so SI are just losing money and support by not solving this. Obviously corona makes this difficult now so probably definitely not gonna get fixed this year 

Edited by ___tomgardner

On 02/04/2020 at 11:47, Jack Joyce said:

Here we go again. In desperation let's blame the graphics driver, despite the the fact that the game regularly prompts you to update to the latest edition ! The most recent Nvidia driver has not caused ANY issues whatsoever on other software I'm running and in fact has shown improvements with some !  It's time for Si to admit they don't know what's causing these issues and that's why we're not going to see any more ME updates to cure the lag/stutter for the remaining life of FM20. Many, like myself are still experiencing these issues, despite owning high end machines. The game may be ok for a few minutes/matches but the stutter soon returns. It seems to me that Si consider the percentage of those affected is low enough not to care about when gauged against the cost of a total reworking of the ME. The fact we're not likely to see any more updates to resolve this issue is in itself irresponsible and risky, as there are many out there who no longer trust Si to produce a relatively basic, workable 3D engine and have already vowed they will never return to FM.

I had the same issue with FM19 but this fixed it for me:

Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -renderer_direct3D9
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM19 through Steam

Does anyone know a similar fix this year? I tried it but it didn't work, actually I think my game didn't even start! xD

Posted (edited)
There doesn't seem to be a solution. I have now updated my graphics card driver again. Unfortunately, this was also unsuccessful.
It is a pity that this otherwise great game is broken by the stuttered 3D game.

Edited by Snaker83

On 08/04/2020 at 05:01, manidaro7 said:

is it possible that there is no solution for these annoying lag during the game in 3d?

I sadly think you are right. I have put no fix for it down to the Corona problems and people not at work. I certainly won't be wasting nearly £40 next year that's for sure.

Yesterday I disconnected my monitor from my graphics card (Radeon R9 390 Series) and to the graphics card output (DVI) from my mainboard (Asus Z97 Pro Gamer). You don't believe it, but the game is running. There is no more stuck and no jerking. Try this with you. This may also lead to success for you.

11 hours ago, Snaker83 said:

Yesterday I disconnected my monitor from my graphics card (Radeon R9 390 Series) and to the graphics card output (DVI) from my mainboard (Asus Z97 Pro Gamer). You don't believe it, but the game is running. There is no more stuck and no jerking. Try this with you. This may also lead to success for you.

Wait for it mate, I'm betting it's a false dawn !

Oh gosh, I'm so sad..I can't play without this ME lag..

I've tried a lot of things, but it doesn't works..

I changed the skin, I set low specs on my graphics, I set high priority in the process, I reinstalled my Nvidia drivers, I changed for 2D, I cleaned my temp temp files, I reinstalled the game, but the problem it goes on..

The only thing left for me to do is to pray..  :|

I can't explain my disappointment...

DxDiag.txt

Hey @EdL @Jack Joyce,

After reading this thread, it seems that I'm just another one having this lagging issue on 3D matches.

I have a couple of years old gaming Asus Rog laptop (intel core i7, 8Gb RAM), which successfully ran all the previous FM 16, 17, 18, 19 in 3D. I checked my laptop specs on "can you run it" before buying FM 20, which successfully passed the test too. This laptop run without problem other less than a year old games such as Anno 1800 or recent total war games like Three Kingdoms, Attila...

I read this thread and tried pretty much all advice to make it work. Unfortunately, the only thing I couldn't do is that the graphic card Nvidia GTX 760M had been marked end of life and no new drivers updates are available.

However, this graphic card is rated 5 stars on FM 20 preferences page and recommend to play on high. The lag is constant even in medium. Actually, the game is only playable in 2D.

So, my question is can this laptop run smoothly FM 20 matches in 3D (even in medium) ?

I see few comments stayed unanswered but I'd appreciate if you could at least tell me if the problem is with my laptop before I insist to investigate the matter ? Or if there's a way to make it work, since it seems there's quite a solid numbers of people experiencing the same issue with recent machines.

Thanks guys.

DxDiag.txt

On 18/04/2020 at 21:39, Medmax said:

Hey @EdL @Jack Joyce,

After reading this thread, it seems that I'm just another one having this lagging issue on 3D matches.

I have a couple of years old gaming Asus Rog laptop (intel core i7, 8Gb RAM), which successfully ran all the previous FM 16, 17, 18, 19 in 3D. I checked my laptop specs on "can you run it" before buying FM 20, which successfully passed the test too. This laptop run without problem other less than a year old games such as Anno 1800 or recent total war games like Three Kingdoms, Attila...

I read this thread and tried pretty much all advice to make it work. Unfortunately, the only thing I couldn't do is that the graphic card Nvidia GTX 760M had been marked end of life and no new drivers updates are available.

However, this graphic card is rated 5 stars on FM 20 preferences page and recommend to play on high. The lag is constant even in medium. Actually, the game is only playable in 2D.

So, my question is can this laptop run smoothly FM 20 matches in 3D (even in medium) ?

I see few comments stayed unanswered but I'd appreciate if you could at least tell me if the problem is with my laptop before I insist to investigate the matter ? Or if there's a way to make it work, since it seems there's quite a solid numbers of people experiencing the same issue with recent machines.

Thanks guys.

DxDiag.txt 82.8 kB · 1 download

I’ll hazard a guess that you’ll get the standard response, it must be your graphics card. I’ve asked Steam for a refund now as it’s beyond a joke. I even tried it on my sons new laptop and he’s  playing all the latest games on his but I still had the same problem. The full stars it shows that your computer can a handle the games graphics on, simply is not fit for purpose and it’s a joke now. The only person happy is my wife now all the jobs round the house are finished.

7 hours ago, rickygfc said:

I’ll hazard a guess that you’ll get the standard response, it must be your graphics card. I’ve asked Steam for a refund now as it’s beyond a joke. I even tried it on my sons new laptop and he’s  playing all the latest games on his but I still had the same problem. The full stars it shows that your computer can a handle the games graphics on, simply is not fit for purpose and it’s a joke now. The only person happy is my wife now all the jobs round the house are finished.

Hahaha, lucky wife.

Thanks buddy, it's very frustrating indeed. And no reply on top of it...

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Snaker83 said:

Too bad that there is really no feedback from Sports Interactive @EDL and @Jack Joyce

So, was I right in assuming your recent procedure wouldn't work ??

Edited by bartdude

Hahaha just popped my head in to see if this might have been resolved. If course not. 

Building a new pc now. Wont bother going through this nonsense again.  Will absolutely NOT but fm21 until its confirmed that this issue no longer exists. Daylight robbery.

Worth a try but I was sceptical when you said it

On 30/04/2020 at 16:01, Snaker83 said:

Unfortunately not, I still have stutters in it.

I too have been suffering from terrible lag, in moving between screens, continuing day to day and especially in 3D matches.

However recently after playing around with NVidia control panel settings (Manage 3D settings) I have been able to reduce the lag considerably.

So I thought I'd share my settings in case it is of benefit to anyone else.

fm20_lag_nvidia_settings_1.png

fm20_lag_nvidia_settings_2.png

fm20_lag_nvidia_settings_3.png

Have you tried removing geforce experience? In my case, the difference without the geforce experience program is huge, although I still have lag sometimes, but the game at least is playable.

Posted (edited)

I remember quite a while back now I half jokingly suggested that the developers were not fixing this issue on purpose to keep ppl coming back year after year on this eternal quest for that elusive 'fixed' version. I was quickly shot down by their lead designer Neil Brock, who suddenly broke their silence to tell me that was absolutely not the case, & how unhelpful it was that I'd dared to suggest such a thing. Very defensive reaction i thought.

Fast forward a few months, someone independent looks like they've cracked the problem by creating a new skin, which seemed to, at the time, eliminate almost all the lag & heralded much congratulations from many of the downtrodden posters on this topic. Sigames appeared to immediately acknowledge this, & quickly released an update in response, only for it to completely kill the improvements the new skin had made & make it obsolete again. Returning the game to its laggy old self.

Now its this kind of shady move that makes ppl wonder wtf is going on...?

Edited by bazlowski

Just built brand new top of the line pc.  Its awesome. Yet low and behold after reinstalling the game... the 3d match engine is still lagging! Hahahahaha. 

What a disgrace. Immediately uninstalled.

On 06/05/2020 at 23:21, pauso said:

Have you tried removing geforce experience? In my case, the difference without the geforce experience program is huge, although I still have lag sometimes, but the game at least is playable.

I advised on here long ago that geforce experience was a piece of useless crap. The problem lies squarely with Si. It's a shameful situation.