Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Boss said:

Hi guys,

After playing around a bit with the latest update I can confirm that the lag has actually got worse for me since the update. Screen is still hanging, delay on clicking has got worse (probably a second and a half delay now when clicking).

I’ve tried clearing my cache folders as others suggested but it hasn’t worked. Can anyone please help? Game is virtually unplayable for me with this much lag. I’m playing on a 2017 MacBook Air and the gameplay was so smooth before 20.1.

Thanks in advance 

Delay on clicking in matches, or in general? Have you sent me your system information file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Delay on clicking in matches, or in general? Have you sent me your system information file?

Hi jack, delays are in general. They are in game too but I would say worse just in general gameplay outside of a match.

i did fill out the info you asked for previously in this thread re what I’m experiencing but let me know if there’s anything else you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried game after update.  Really comes down to this for me.  With settings on Match set to recommended (high) five stars:

With shadow on: horrendous lag, even some flashing and stuttering. Unplayable.

With shadow off: completely smooth.

So jn a nutshell. Playable. Although id much prefer to enjoy the experience with shadow enabled. Still feels all a bit unstable in truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have all from whom lags in menu and in ME propose a write in this thread. I think it's more likely that the problem will be noticed.

 

Edited by Saturn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, WillGriggsFire said:

Im now getting lag with or without shadow. Including in menu and match engine.

 

Honestly the lag I’m getting is terrible. It’s making the game a real chore to play which is a shame. I’d really appreciate some help on this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is weird, when I play through the laptop and it's on the charge it lags in the ME, but when it's not on charge the ME is fine. Never come across this before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jack Joyce Hello, I have a problem with the lag in the game menu and in the 3D games. I go with a lot of lag both on the menu and especially in games and I have the 5 stars 3D graphics capability for this PC.

He tested with a skin called (material skin) and I don't have this problem with that skin. I can't enjoy the game because of this problem. Game on a a laptop.

I have seen through the forum that I am not the first person that!

 

Please I need help to solve this problem. Thanks!

Edited by Fran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WillGriggsFire said:

This will seem obvious but try reinstalling the game. ME is smooth again somehow for me

 

Ibdont get it. Literally havent changed a thing and its lagging again. It keeps me hanging in there cos ive seen it smooth but why would it just suddenl go back to lagging in the ME? I changed nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/11/2019 at 20:55, GOODNAME said:

Here is my tips (i have now smooth ME) :

1. Use Material Skin Skin

2.  Nividia Control Panel

*-Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance
*-Threaded optimization - ON
*-Triple buffering - Off
*- Vertical Sync - Fast

3. In the match settings 

* Shadows - Off

* (only if still lag) - Crowd quality - Low

 

A belated thanks for this post. Bought the game over the weekend and was totally gutted that the match engine was screwed again - these steps have made it totally smooth. So thanks!

Edited by Wigmore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Wigmore said:

A belated thanks for this post. Bought the game over the weekend and was totally gutted that the match engine was screwed again - these steps have made it totally smooth. So thanks!

Your welcome  mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Devs are looking in to it at the moment thanks,

After 20.2 I have no lag and smooth ME

I hope the new future fix will not bring back  the lag like in 20.1 :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

After 20.2 I have no lag and smooth ME

I hope the new future fix will not bring back  the lag like in 20.1

It remains to fix the lags in the menu with a static screen and everything will be as before 20.1:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still lagging. Its a 3 year old issue. Its never been resolved.  Ive played cricket 19, witcher. Deliverance... never an issue.

Yet the masterful 3d match engine is an unstable mess, every year.

Edited by WillGriggsFire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

Devs are looking in to it at the moment thanks,

Credit where credit is due - the latest update has made quite a difference for me! It still isn’t as smooth as it was pre 20.1 beta, but it’s a hell of a lot better. Thanks a lot for your help in this Jack! It’s made the game playable for me again :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the main thread back within this board now. Tried again last night, all manotlr of different settings. Still lagging terribly and will occasionally flash for a millisecond a bizarre pallet of colour. 

Sound also an issue.  Tapping sound in possession at wierd times and the no sound at all at other times. Sometimes i dont even get the noise of the crowd celebrating.

Leaving all the above here as id guess its connected.

Yes i tried material skin.  I refuse to try without shadow. I should not have to compromise on settings with the machine i have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WillGriggsFire said:

I refuse to try without shadow. I should not have to compromise on settings with the machine i have.

Turning shadows on or off doesn't make the slightest difference to me. The game keeps on lagging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

the only way it runs Smooth, ist to Turn Render to the second lowest Option . The other Things on high or very high. This works for me. But it is very poor that we have to do things like this :(

last year i bought the Game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Carlfabiano said:

Hey guys,

the only way it runs Smooth, ist to Turn Render to the second lowest Option . The other Things on high or very high. This works for me. But it is very poor that we have to do things like this :(

last year i bought the Game 

Maybe the lag is because that option 

they need to see and otimize the render option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had a lag problem since the Beta.

CPU - i7-7700HQ

GPU - NVidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

No change in performance when I change from High graphics to Low graphics.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This issue has been in the game since FM 2017, and has somehow managed to get even worse this year. Astounding.

Edited by tiotom92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After each patch, lag in 3D match gets worse and worse.

CPU: i7-8750H

GPU: NVidia Geforce GTX 1050 

I played FM19 on this laptop and I never had a problem with lag but with FM 20 it is terrible.

Is there any solution?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, it's a rendering issue. Previously, I had refused to lower any settings because my PC is easily more than capable of running a relatively undemanding graphics challenge like the FM20 ME. However, as an experiment I dropped each setting from it's normal max.setting by one,watching the result, then returning it it to maximum before trying the next section. It was only when moving the rendering option from very high to high that the lagging stopped. As I said,ALL other settings were now at maximum, apart from the rendering. It's an unacceptable compromise for those of us with high end PC's, as player graphics, adboards and the general view was now somewhat blurred due to the lowered resolution. Needless to say, all graphics in FM19 are beautifully crisp and no lag whatsoever with EVERY setting at maximum ! 

Edited by bartdude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jack Joyce unfortunately with the latest patch we are back to the game being very laggy! You’ll notice a few posts up I commended you guys on fixing this for the previous update but now the lag is back for me and that is extremely frustrating. Can you please reply to us on what we can do to fix this as this is pretty poor now having had to put up with this for over a month now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just noticed something that might be a reason why it lags on halfway line...

Sometime when i go to a match i get a 1 second shot of the FM20 start screen with my 3D manager standing there and it lags around the same place on the screen as where he is stood on the start screen

Could the game be still loading the start screen in the background?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, tiotom92 said:

This issue has been in the game since FM 2017, and has somehow managed to get even worse this year. Astounding.

This is the crux of it. They wont yet this fixed bc they havent given a toss about what they consider a small number of effected players for 3 years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the 1st time I never bought the game on launch day, I wanted to wait as I had lag last two years. anyway the demo lagged, I then tried it again after a couple of weeks and it was perfect. I bought the game and its shockingly bad, totally unplayable. shambles yet again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like turning vertical sync to fast has sorted out my lag, Im guessing that when I installed the game it reverted back to default. ill report back if it changes again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not an expert with computers so maybe someone can help me out. Mine is quite old, bought in 2014, but was top spec back then (or so I believe). every FM has worked great since I bought it, but this one is so so slow and laggy, especially in the match engine. I only use classic 2d, I have 1 star graphics suggestion and go with that. I have changed it to low, very low etc... and it still lags at low. Very low is virtually unplayable it's so pixelated. Is this a computer issue or an ME issue? I don't get how it can be so perfect for so long and then this one comes along and just barely functions.mI have considered how the use of graphics in the match engine is now everywhere e.g the dressing room having your team shirts in the background.

My specs are: Lenovo G510, Intel HD graphics 4600, intel core i7 processor, 8GB RAM. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this might sound odd, but I had 'glitchy' lag come on suddenly today, playing in in 2D, and I just toggled back and forth between 59hz and 60hz refresh rate in my graphics card settings (in my case that's the Nvidia Control panel).

That seemed to fix it.

That or installing the latest drivers, as that'll also seemingly 'reset' the bug.

 

It can effect anything. Even if you sit staring at the desktop you might see the odd flinch.

So see if quickly toggling back and forth between refresh rates, or even screen resolution in Windows helps. Quit and restart FM.

Edited by Subidablue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Subidablue said:

I know this might sound odd, but I had 'glitchy' lag come on suddenly today, playing in in 2D, and I just toggled back and forth between 59hz and 60hz refresh rate in my graphics card settings (in my case that's the Nvidia Control panel).

That seemed to fix it.

That or installing the latest drivers, as that'll also seemingly 'reset' the bug.

 

It can effect anything. Even if you sit staring at the desktop you might see the odd flinch.

So see if quickly toggling back and forth between refresh rates, or even screen resolution in Windows helps. Quit and restart FM.

Say I got a 144hz monitor would that help the lag or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/12/2019 at 14:13, toffeemax said:

I'm not an expert with computers so maybe someone can help me out. Mine is quite old, bought in 2014, but was top spec back then (or so I believe). every FM has worked great since I bought it, but this one is so so slow and laggy, especially in the match engine. I only use classic 2d, I have 1 star graphics suggestion and go with that. I have changed it to low, very low etc... and it still lags at low. Very low is virtually unplayable it's so pixelated. Is this a computer issue or an ME issue? I don't get how it can be so perfect for so long and then this one comes along and just barely functions.mI have considered how the use of graphics in the match engine is now everywhere e.g the dressing room having your team shirts in the background.

My specs are: Lenovo G510, Intel HD graphics 4600, intel core i7 processor, 8GB RAM. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, it seems like your machine has no dedicated graphics card (the Intel HD is an integrated card), so it's likely to struggle on settings above low.

Issue is under review still and will pass on any information I get from the devs. In the meantime worth experimenting with your geforce settings (such as setting vsync to fast) as that can often improve things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought the game last week and played a match at the weekend and the graphics seemed very good,  I have a 5 star rating on my PC.  Then tonight when I played a match the graphics were jumpy and not as smooth as they were on Saturday.  I replayed the match from Saturday and the replay lags as well.  

Has there been an update over the last couple of days that could have done this?

Specs are: intel i7-8700k CPU @3.7 GHZ
                    16 GB RAM
                    Nvidia Geforce  GTX 1080 

As it stands its unplayable and it seemed fine on Saturday.

EDIT

This is strange, since I posted this I read through some more of the posts above and "BARTDUDE" mentioned the render option in the match 3d preferences.  My own was set to high so I reduced to to medium and tried to replay the game from Saturday, It seemed to work fine.  I then returned the render quality to high and made sure everything else was on high and then played a new match.  The graphics were perfect.  No jittering like I mentioned before.  So as it stands its seems to be playing very well now on my PC since I did this.  Really strange, hopefully it stays that way but if it returns I will update this post.

EDIT

Unfortunately the lag is still present and as it stands I cannot play the game and have only managed 3 matches before giving up frustrated with it.  I have tried new skins, changing settings etc etc but with all of the other posts in this section it would appear that some desktops which are more than capable of playing any other game out there cannot play FM 20.  I am waiting on some feedback from someone at SI.

 

Edited by Joshuasoul72
initial issue raised for moderators seems to have been resolved for now and I wanted to let them know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joshuasoul72 said:

Just bought the game last week and played a match at the weekend and the graphics seemed very good,  I have a 5 star rating on my PC.  Then tonight when I played a match the graphics were jumpy and not as smooth as they were on Saturday.  I replayed the match from Saturday and the replay lags as well.  

Has there been an update over the last couple of days that could have done this?

Specs are: intel i7-8700k CPU @3.7 GHZ
                    16 GB RAM
                    Nvidia Geforce  GTX 1080 

As it stands its unplayable and it seemed fine on Saturday.

EDIT

This is strange, since I posted this I read through some more of the posts above and "BARTDUDE" mentioned the render option in the match 3d preferences.  My own was set to high so I reduced to to medium and tried to replay the game from Saturday, It seemed to work fine.  I then returned the render quality to high and made sure everything else was on high and then played a new match.  The graphics were perfect.  No jittering like I mentioned before.  So as it stands its seems to be playing very well now on my PC since I did this.  Really strange, hopefully it stays that way but if it returns I will update this post.

 

Ill try this, keep us posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, WillGriggsFire said:

Ill try this, keep us posted.

I only got a chance to play one game tonight and the graphics were much better, however there were two points in the game where the play seemed to pause then jitter for a few seconds, first just before a penalty was awarded and second before a goal was scored.  That shouldn't happen with the specs ive got.  There were 8 goals in total in the game and the other goals were fine.  Big improvement on earlier, but to be honest I will need to play more games and see if its fixed for my liking.  Wont get much of a chance tomorrow will try again on boxing day when Im not watching real football. Ill let you know.  I hope yours improves as well.  Good luck in the derby during the week!

Edited by Joshuasoul72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having issues with lag in the main interface, not the match engine, so want to try and set vsync to high as Jack suggested but can't see how to do this. When I go into the NVIDIA control panel, the options for vertical sync (which I assume is the same as 'vsync') are 'Use the 3D application setting', 'On', and 'Off', there is no 'high' setting.

How can I set it to high?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...