Sports Interactive Community

None of the suggested workarounds really work for me. Still haven't been able to play FM20 without lag, not in the beta, not in the full game, not even in 2D. The increasing silence on this subject is worrying me.

3 hours ago, Kcinnay said:

None of the suggested workarounds really work for me. Still haven't been able to play FM20 without lag, not in the beta, not in the full game, not even in 2D. The increasing silence on this subject is worrying me.

Same thing happened last year. There was a workaround which made the game "bearable" for most. Not found by SI but my some dude using 3D rendering in the pre launch options. It doesnt work this year.

As soon a s they think the community has "fixed" the issue. They move on.  Its been 3 years of the same pattern.

The game isnt fixed. We all have powerful machines and although a new skin might make it a little better for me, i still get lag.  Im 100 percent confident not one thing will be done to fix this.

21 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

See above

Thanks again. Makes it better but still noticeable lag. Also... i have a powerful machine... powerful enough to where i shouldnt have an issue putting shadow into the match engine.  Still not enjoyable experience for me unfortunately.

Good evening, I just bought a laptop with all the features required for football manager touner .. I see that I have 5 stars everywhere and in the game that lag !!!!!!! Do a few things .. What would it take to play football manager? A rtx 2080?

DxDiag.txt

It is embarrasing that a serious game developer don't reply their users for more than a week, when there is a serious issue with the game engine. 

The game has been unplayable for 4 weeks tomorrow! I have asked for a refund that was declined by the retailer. 

@Jack Joyce, @Miles Jacobson, @Neil Brock, @Jimmy Wong

Edited by Jesper9000

25 minutes ago, Jesper9000 said:

It is embarrasing that a serious game developer don't reply their users for more than a week, when there is a serious issue with the game engine. 

The game has been unplayable for 4 weeks tomorrow! I have asked for a refund that was declined by the retailer. 

@Jack Joyce, @Miles Jacobson, @Neil Brock, @Jimmy Wong

They do reply to their users.
Just because you're writing every day doesn't make them drop everything and just focus on you.

You have been told, and also acknowledged yourself that your issue is a known issue. They know. They are working on it.
They have also said that they will update us when they can.

I thought you had lost your patience with them? Yet, here you are ;)  Keyword here is patience. It's probably not an easy fix.

22 minutes ago, roykela said:

They do reply to their users.
Just because you're writing every day doesn't make them drop everything and just focus on you.

You have been told, and also acknowledged yourself that your issue is a known issue. They know. They are working on it.
They have also said that they will update us when they can.

I thought you had lost your patience with them? Yet, here you are ;)  Keyword here is patience. It's probably not an easy fix.

I don't require an every day update, but the game has been unplayable for 4 weeks tomorrow, and it is more than a week since last update about this issue, and it was pretty short update. 

My patience is long gone, but I cannot get a compensation or refund of the game from the retailer or SI, so of cause I am still here waiting for the game to be fixed. 

13 minutes ago, Jesper9000 said:

I don't require an every day update, but the game has been unplayable for 4 weeks tomorrow, and it is more than a week since last update about this issue, and it was pretty short update. 

My patience is long gone, but I cannot get a compensation or refund of the game from the retailer or SI, so of cause I am still here waiting for the game to be fixed. 

But you are asking almost every day for news or pointing out, and i'm paraphrasing "no update", "communication is a joke".
There will be news when they have it. Either in a post here and/or in the feedback thread, or as an update when it's ready.
If you're stuck with a game you want to refund but can't then you're not losing anything by having some patience :)

21 minutes ago, Jesper9000 said:

2 minutes ago, roykela said:

But you are asking almost every day for news or pointing out, and i'm paraphrasing "no update", "communication is a joke".
There will be news when they have it. Either in a post here and/or in the feedback thread, or as an update when it's ready.
If you're stuck with a game you want to refund but can't then you're not losing anything by having some patience :)

And i'm saying this although i'm a very impatient person. Apart from with two things. FM and people :D

Edited by roykela

39 minutes ago, roykela said:

And i'm saying this although i'm a very impatient person. Apart from with two things. FM and people :D

Well, congratulations on that fanboy :D  

I know it's frustrating, but SI are still working on these issues. When there's an update to give, they will.  :thup:

9 minutes ago, Jesper9000 said:

Well, congratulations on that fanboy :D  

Aaaand therein lies one of the reasons why one might be hesitant to be informative and helpful ;)

13 minutes ago, iiJakeyyyy said:

Theres a new patch 20.2.0 - says theres performance fixes! Can't test at the moment but will when im home

Finally my lag as completely gone with the new update iv played about 6 matches and it ain't lagged once well done si 

20.2.0 update has made such a massive improvement in performance for me its so much smoother and not one bit of lag the the hole game just feels so much better 

Edited by jckc221013jamie

5 minutes ago, Saturn said:

Everything is fine now but in the game menu lags still remain when the cursor moves in the static screen.

Agree. Im still getting lag after the update too. Still nowhere near what it was like in the Beta (Pre 20.1)

12 minutes ago, Boss said:

Agree. Im still getting lag after the update too. Still nowhere near what it was like in the Beta (Pre 20.1)

For me its smooth just like in the BETA

33 minutes ago, Saturn said:

Everything is fine now but in the game menu lags still remain when the cursor moves in the static screen.

Hey, do you happen to have gsync enabled? If so can you try turning it off and see if that helps in the menus

On the whole sounds like there's good improvements! Thanks to everyone for your patience I know how frustrating this must have been.

5 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Hey, do you happen to have gsync enabled? If so can you try turning it off and see if that helps in the menus

gsync is disabled. 10-15 fps in menu still.

12 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

On the whole sounds like there's good improvements! Thanks to everyone for your patience I know how frustrating this must have been.

How do you do this? I’m on a MacBook Air.

13 minutes ago, Boss said:

How do you do this? I’m on a MacBook Air.

Don't think you'll have it then so wouldn't apply to you. We'll look in to it thanks

42 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Don't think you'll have it then so wouldn't apply to you. We'll look in to it thanks

Apologies in advance for my poor english. Jack consider please idea about how, to add option in settings graphics with choice fps. Laptop and PC users will also be satisfied. Thanks.

Edited by Saturn

1 minute ago, iiJakeyyyy said:

mine is also like this but match engine is now smooth

Just before the 20.1 patch the game as a whole was smooth

Thanks for the video that helps to understand the issue. What is the spec of your machine Saturn?

Unfortunately, even in 20.2, the match engine, menu's and user interface are still lagging. Recommended settings for 3d are high quality. Decreasing the quality to the lowest setting makes it better, but it's never smooth. What to do? (I've added the necessary information about the specs of my laptop in previous posts.)

9 minutes ago, Kcinnay said:

Unfortunately, even in 20.2, the match engine, menu's and user interface are still lagging. Recommended settings for 3d are high quality. Decreasing the quality to the lowest setting makes it better, but it's never smooth. What to do? (I've added the necessary information about the specs of my laptop in previous posts.)

Apologies in advance for my poor english. Simply after 20.1 patch fps is added only under movement on the screen, not as before that even in static regime was stable fps from-for this all problems with lags. This was done to conserve battery in laptop users, but now PC users are suffering.

I've just installed the game on my new laptop and I have a lot of lag with 2D...3D works fine but I would be able to play with 2D, I've attached DxDiag

DxDiag.txt

Had an idea even better than I suggested earlier. Just add the option to enable/disable the drop of fps in a static screen. This will definitely solve the problem.

5 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

For me its smooth just like in the BETA

Hey goodname. I got it smootged out after clearing my cache last night and using the settings you posted. Have you tried with the new update adding shadow and better crowd quality? Still no lag?

Still suffering from some lag on my end. When I get more time I'll play around with settings, drivers etc.. I have got shadows off, crowd low n a few other things.

Initially it's fine but then a lag spike happens and it never recovers. I'll make another thread if it's just me suffering n I'll attach dxdiag

DxDiag.txt

2 minutes ago, ___tomgardner said:

Still suffering from some lag on my end. When I get more time I'll play around with settings, drivers etc.. I have got shadows off, crowd low n a few other things.

Initially it's fine but then a lag spike happens and it never recovers. I'll make another thread if it's just me suffering n I'll attach dxdiag

DxDiag.txt 100.56 kB · 0 downloads

Have you cleared cache?

3 minutes ago, WillGriggsFire said:

Hey goodname. I got it smootged out after clearing my cache last night and using the settings you posted. Have you tried with the new update adding shadow and better crowd quality? Still no lag?

I always playing be no Shadow.. i think its irrelevant

But for the crowd - its very high now and the ME is smooth

+ the menus are smooth and between days is also smooth just before 20.1

In this moment i want to thank SI team. 

Just now, GOODNAME said:

I always playing be no Shadow.. i think its irrelevant

But for the crowd - its very high now and the ME is smooth

In this moment i want to thank SI team. 

Great. I got it smooth last night and hopefully will be similar tonight and can add shadow/crowd

18 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

If under booting save or days the so and should be. Is there any lag in the menu when you hover the mouse like in the video above?

4 minutes ago, Saturn said:

If under booting save or days the so and should be. Is there any lag in the menu when you hover the mouse like in the video above?

No.

Hi guys,

After playing around a bit with the latest update I can confirm that the lag has actually got worse for me since the update. Screen is still hanging, delay on clicking has got worse (probably a second and a half delay now when clicking).

I’ve tried clearing my cache folders as others suggested but it hasn’t worked. Can anyone please help? Game is virtually unplayable for me with this much lag. I’m playing on a 2017 MacBook Air and the gameplay was so smooth before 20.1.

Thanks in advance