Sports Interactive Community

Hi.

Once again, another year, another FM, same match engine lag problem. 

I am lagging within the match engine, the 3D match stars is on 5 stars. 

I have been raising these lag issues since FM 2017, since 18 and 19 we have found fixes to overcome the lag problems, but even now in FM 20 those fixes we tried in 18 and 19, are not working in FM 20. 

DxDiag.txt

We are currently investigating the issue, most cases appear to be down to CPU-related issues. To help us with our investigation:

Could you download GPUz https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ and open it up while FM is playing a match and the issue is happening. Full steps on how to do this properly for us here:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4749/~/collecting-gpu-logs-using-gpu-z

Please follow the steps in the link above and then send us the log files, it'd help a lot!

One extra thing to show us is your CPU utilisation. Steps on how to get task manager to show this can be found in the link below. Take a screenshot or preferably a video of this while the match is playing with the issue occurring please.

https://www.nextofwindows.com/windows-10-quick-tip-how-to-display-all-cpu-cores-performance-in-task-manager

I know it's a pain but this info could be vital in helping us to identify the problem and fix it

Thanks,

Jack

42 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

We are currently investigating the issue, most cases appear to be down to CPU-related issues. To help us with our investigation:

Could you download GPUz https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ and open it up while FM is playing a match and the issue is happening. Full steps on how to do this properly for us here:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4749/~/collecting-gpu-logs-using-gpu-z

Please follow the steps in the link above and then send us the log files, it'd help a lot!

One extra thing to show us is your CPU utilisation. Steps on how to get task manager to show this can be found in the link below. Take a screenshot or preferably a video of this while the match is playing with the issue occurring please.

https://www.nextofwindows.com/windows-10-quick-tip-how-to-display-all-cpu-cores-performance-in-task-manager

I know it's a pain but this info could be vital in helping us to identify the problem and fix it

Thanks,

Jack

How will this be related to CPU problems? I have upgraded my CPU THREE TIMES. Yet, I’m still lagging. We have more than enough capable systems to run this smoothly. This is very frustrating that after 3 years this is still not resolved. 

1 hour ago, HOTBULLETOWEN said:

How will this be related to CPU problems? I have upgraded my CPU THREE TIMES. Yet, I’m still lagging. We have more than enough capable systems to run this smoothly. This is very frustrating that after 3 years this is still not resolved. 

If you don't provide the information requested then all it does it make it harder for us to identify the issue. Please do so

There definitely is some quite annoying lag and blurriness, the game seems to be surprisingly heavy for a decent pc (i7 8700k, rtx 2070 super, 24g 4k ddr4)..

What you ask for as data to help you seems quite extensive, I'll try to see if I can help.

At the same time one might quite rightfully ask if you think it is ok if quite a few seem to have issues with whatnot performance issues. If it is, as it seems, quite a generic issue that is something you should be able to spot and fix yourself without extensive reports from users. As what we're describing here seems to be very basic - the game just  generally looks really bad due to lagging, blurriness and so forth when watching a game..

6 horas atrás, Jack Joyce disse:

Thanks,

Jack

Hello there, i have the same problems as decribed above : laggy games in the 3D match engine, etc.  I've followed the footsteps that you required and attacthed both files that  may help you indentify the issue. I hope i followed right, please feel free to tell me if you need to re run anything.

best regards

Carlos Alexandre

GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt

Sports Interactive.png

27 minutes ago, Carlos Alexandre said:

Hello there, i have the same problems as decribed above : laggy games in the 3D match engine, etc.  I've followed the footsteps that you required and attacthed both files that  may help you indentify the issue. I hope i followed right, please feel free to tell me if you need to re run anything.

best regards

Carlos Alexandre

GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt 63.25 kB · 0 downloads

Sports Interactive.png

Hey, can you show a screenshot of the CPU section of the task manager?

Also attach your DxDiag, thanks

I have a 2011 macbook pro with intel HD graphics 3000 512MB, 8gb RAM & 2.3GHz Intel Core i5, FM19 ran fine on this laptop (Graphic rating 2 stars) but FM20 is lagging slightly in the game play especially when the camera is moving in the game, & for some reason its giving me a 1 star graphic rating for this version

Can anyone help with this please?

18 hours ago, Deanram said:

I have a 2011 macbook pro with intel HD graphics 3000 512MB, 8gb RAM & 2.3GHz Intel Core i5, FM19 ran fine on this laptop (Graphic rating 2 stars) but FM20 is lagging slightly in the game play especially when the camera is moving in the game, & for some reason its giving me a 1 star graphic rating for this version

Can anyone help with this please?

We're making optimisations still but you have a low-end integrated graphics card on a fairly old Macbook so performance is likely to not be great unfortunately.

Others, thanks for the screenshots but please remember to read the links I attached and show the performance of all individual cores in task manager.

I've seen the match engine is lagging very badly when we see more supporters on the screen. Maybe the problem is the supporter crowd. If i lower my settings, it still lagging. Match engine is still awkward btw. The fans are doing random stuff and they seems they don't have a proper ai. Players doing the same mistakes, mostly don't know what to do when rebounding and lose the ball.

2019-11-02_15-49-32.png

DxDiag.txt

2 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

We're making optimisations still but you have a low-end integrated graphics card on a fairly old Macbook so performance is likely to not be great unfortunately.

Others, thanks for the screenshots but please remember to read the links I attached and show the performance of all individual cores in task manager.

By making optimizations you mean we will soon be able to optimize the game through Nvidia GeForce experience? 
Because every year, when we are able to do that, the lag/stutter goes away immediately.

Having this problem too, so laggy even though I have five stars for graphics and am running it on recommended settings.

Laggy screenshot.gif

I managed to alleviate the problem slightly by fiddling around with the resolution in game. It seems the higher the resolution, the choppier it gets. Went for a lower one, and it's not quite as bad, but still not acceptable. Disappointing this is happening again. 

EDIT - Also, removing the crowd seemed to help, but we shouldn't have to do this. My laptop can run many AAA game smooth as silk. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

Match engine lags  at 60fps

Uploaded files

• Football Manager 2019.11.03 - 11.47.20.01.mp4
  • Schermopname (3).png
  • DxDiag.txt
  • GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt
  • Schermopname (3).png
  • Schermopname (5).png
  • Tom van den Boom - Ajax.fm
  • Schermopname (3).png

@Major Bantz and @Dircks thanks for providing info, but can I ask you to follow the steps in the links provided exactly. You've not changed the view in task manager to show each individual core.

Can I ask that someone records a short video of what the lag is looking like on their computer? You could even do it on your phone, just so we can see exactly how the lag you're describing looks.

Thanks Jack, I'll do this again when I'm home. Anything to try and resolve the issue - I want so badly to enjoy the new match engine but the lag is killing the vibe big time. 

Thanks for responding and looking into this. 

I think this is what you were looking for.  Also, the game seems to smooth out when the ball and play is on the near touchline, it gets progressively worse as the ball moves across the field to the far touchline, where the crowd is, if that makes any sense. Like in this picture, the GPU is at 61% when the ball is close to the near touchline.  It goes all the way to 100% when the ball goes to the middle and far side.  See my above pic for a reference of that.

Task Manager 2.png

Edited by Dircks

Hey

I 'm sending you everything asked for,2 GPU-Z log(GPU-Z Sensor log for quality high and GPU-Z Sensor log 2 for quality very high)

I send you many screenshots(Screenshots of CPU 4-7 for quality very high and 8-11 quality high)

I send you 2 pictures of my GPU-Z log sensor,(Screenshot 2 for quality high and Screenshot 3 for quality very high)

All this during a match without an audience,it's the first match of season(first team vs -23)

I send you too a video but my software for take this video change use my CPU,screenshots are more telling about the correct use of my CPU

you could see my task manager in direct during the match during some seconds for to have a good idea

I hope it will be useful,i spent a moment there,if you need more information,tell me

Best regards440975659_Capture2.thumb.PNG.8422d52c3312957a3852b7be317139b8.PNG

Capture 4.PNG

Capture 5.PNG

Capture 6.PNG

Capture 7.PNG

Capture 8H.PNG

Capture 9H.PNG

Capture 10H.PNG

Capture 11H.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

Capture 1.PNG

GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt GPU-Z Sensor Log 2.txt

I have the same problem for the third year in a row!

I fixed it by setting v-sync to fast and graphics to MEDIUM. Tho i have a 5 star rating, can`t play on high or very high.

Can some of you do the same and tell me if it`s working ?  I know it`s not fun playing in 3D with medium settings, but it is what it is!

Hope SI will find a fix for this.

Playing on a Ryzen 5 1500x & GTX 1060 6GB + SSD with all drivers up to date and a clean Win 10

Attached what you asked for with the 3D settings to Very High 

GPU-Z Sensor Log.txtScreenshot.thumb.png.74061fdf1ce7daed66db76ba87f790d9.png  

Edited by Crusho79bv

18 hours ago, Dircks said:

I think this is what you were looking for.  Also, the game seems to smooth out when the ball and play is on the near touchline, it gets progressively worse as the ball moves across the field to the far touchline, where the crowd is, if that makes any sense. Like in this picture, the GPU is at 61% when the ball is close to the near touchline.  It goes all the way to 100% when the ball goes to the middle and far side.  See my above pic for a reference of that.

Task Manager 2.png

I remember posting something like this fm 2018, that the lag is more noticeable where the crowd is. Here we are again 2 years later :lol::lol:

Anyway this is a beautiful game,but i know that its still in beta and still needs work.

I am experiencing Lag and Stutter on 3d match.

Everything was ok before the 300 mb update,and after the update the match engine was very laggy.Hope that u will fix that because i love to play in 3d

here are my specs , my cpu is 8 core amd 3,7 clocked to 4.0 gigahertz

cpu specs.png

Edited by malovski
adding

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
 Memory: 16384MB RAM
 Available OS Memory: 16272MB RAM

and also I have Nvidia GeForce 1050 Ti 4 gb graphic card. 

Screenshot_10.png

Screenshot_11.png

and also as u can see. I picked recommended for pc frorm graphic settings but the match engine still lagging. I dont know why. I updated my graphic card  :/ 

Screenshot-13.png

DxDiag.txt

Edited by can_9

1 minute ago, can_9 said:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
 Memory: 16384MB RAM
 Available OS Memory: 16272MB RAM

and also I have Nvidia GeForce 1050 Ti 4 gb graphic card. 

Screenshot-10.png

Screenshot-11.png

and also as u can see. I picked recommended for pc frorm graphic settings but the match engine still lagging. I dont know why. I updated my graphic card  :/ 

DxDiag.txt 107.62 kB · 0 downloads

same here man, i have nvidia gtx 4gb ddr5 1050 ti anyway here are my specs,i have AMD 8 core 3.7 gig cpu clocked to 4 gig

cpu specs.png

On 02/11/2019 at 20:15, bazlowski said:

Same issue... lags when camera moves on long balls with crowd in picture.

I have the same problem here, an impression that is quickly lost in fps

I'm having the exact same issues as mentioned above, playing on nvidia gtx 1050 ti etc.. Not sure if I've got everything recorded but I'll attach a vid, dxdiag, task manager pic and gpu info @Jack Joyce 

Admittedly the lag doesn't look as bad in this vid but maybe it's cause I've just fired up the game or whatever but it has been waaay worse and it's still not great or smooth
Cheers 

cpu lag.png

DxDiag.txt GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt

All this issues are from the GPUs !

It`s crazy seeing this kind of problems from RTX 2070 and RTX 2080s, these cards are high end GPUs that can play all AAA games on Very High & Ultra settings with no problems.

That being said, i think SI should tell us on what systems they`ve tested the game, the CPU - GPU - RAM combo that doesn`t have any lag.

I`ve just seen 1 hour ago a 2500 euros computer, a beast, that can`t play FM20 but ANY other game out there is working perfect. 

Something that has helped a bit to reduce the awful lag is go into nvidia control panel and set power management mode to prefer maximum performance; threaded optimisation to on; triple buffering to off; vertical sync to off.

19 hours ago, jckc221013jamie said:

Same problem hear i've got crazy jerkiness 

very bad lag.png

Can you attach your DxDiag please?

For everyone - does the lag happen even on low/very low graphics quality? If so can you take a screenshot of the task manager again with your settings on low/very low please?

Thanks,

Jack

In my case it runs better on low or very low but it looks like a dog's breakfast. on FM19 it ran beautifully on high.

58 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Can you attach your DxDiag please?

For everyone - does the lag happen even on low/very low graphics quality? If so can you take a screenshot of the task manager again with your settings on low/very low please?

Thanks,

Jack

Thanks for getting back to me jack

It is very smooth  on low and very low but looks awful lol  i can not play it like that i should be able to have very high i've got an rtx 2060 in my machine lol

DxDiag.txt

lag.png

lag 1.png

lag 2.png

Edited by jckc221013jamie

i have just had an update about 10 mins ago and now my match engine is butter smooth on very high everyone go and check your's or restart steam so your fm updates i was getting the worse jerkiness ever but after this update guys my match engine is so smooth it's like a different game please just done let that match be a one of  i am very weary  because si have got an habit of bringing other little fixe out and boom back to square one 

The hole game now feels so much more smoother and snappier now after that update 20.0..0.3

Edited by jckc221013jamie

52 minutes ago, jckc221013jamie said:

i have just had an update about 10 mins ago and now my match engine is butter smooth on very high everyone go and check your's or restart steam so your fm updates i was getting the worse jerkiness ever but after this update guys my match engine is so smooth it's like a different game please just done let that match be a one of  i am very weary  because si have got an habit of bringing other little fixe out and boom back to square one 

The hole game now feels so much more smoother and snappier now after that update 20.0..0.3

For me it`s not working mate, updated and it`s worse, my GPU fan is going nuts and my GPU utilization is on 100%

Screenshot (7).png

Edited by Crusho79bv

31 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

For me it`s not working mate, updated and it`s worse, my GPU fan is going nuts and my GPU utilization is on 100%

Screenshot (7).png

I can see your card is at 100% that is how mine goes from time to time and it has never ever gone to 100% before not in any of the previous version this is the first time that it's making our card go crazy this is getting stupid now ain't it 3 years of this and it just aint on 

have you tried setting it to fast in the nvidia control panel mate 

10 minutes ago, jckc221013jamie said:

I can see your card is at 100% that is how mine goes from time to time and it has never ever gone to 100% before not in any of the previous version this is the first time that it's making our card go crazy this is getting stupid now ain't it 3 years of this and it just aint on 

have you tried setting it to fast in the nvidia control panel mate 

Yes, v-sync is set to fast and i`m playing on Medium settings, high and very high is unplayable!

1 hour ago, Crusho79bv said:

Yes, v-sync is set to fast and i`m playing on Medium settings, high and very high is unplayable!

yeah mate mine has gone right back to the jerkiness and lag again there's something seriously wrong with this match engine it is unbelievable that 3 years in a row and we are still dealing with the same issue it's crazy and it is definitely coming from with in the match engine itself and not our hardware because their are people in hear with i9's and rtx 2080's i have a i5 8600k at 4.8ghz and an rtx 2060 so i no it ain't because of my hardware i just find it baffling that they still can't fix this lag issue after 3 years of god knows how many people's hardware and all sorts that they have asked for and dxdiag uploads why don't they just try asking another big pc game maker for help or something surely there is help out there for them to fix this issue like it aint no fifa or gta its football manager for god sake but they just seem lost and dont no what to do about this match engine its not fair on us having to play and watch an horrible laggy jerky game it's not right 

The thing is they have done such a good job on the rest of the game it is so smooth and quick going from page to page and no more lag on the processing calendar i feel it is even a lot quicker at processing the day's now as well i have 25 nations on and the game is flying it is just a shame about the match engine but i have faith in them to fix it for us 

Since the update going from page to page is much faster...but somehow the match engine is even worse!!! They are obviously trying but I'll never buy this game again having played it since the 90s if it doesn't get sorted.