Sports Interactive Community
Woodg SI

[France] Issues in French Translation

On 01/06/2020 at 16:52, roronoa117 said:

hi everyone,

I think there's a little mistake on the translation due to an absence of English subtlety in French. In English, the phrase "23 years ago" does mean at the age of 23 but in French the translation "23 ans " alone can imply that the progression is for 23 years. I think a translation "Depuis l'âge de 23 ans" would be more appropriate.

Thanks!

davis ENG.PNG

Davis.PNG

Hi, thanks for your post - @thom what do you think? The options are showing the attributes when he was '23 years old'

There's not much space to play with, not sure the suggestion could fit

This is the string:

KEY-467966: [%number#1] years old[COMMENT: player attribute history panel; allows user to see player's attributes when he was '21 years old', for example]
STR-1: [%number#1] ans

during the half-time discussion, when a player makes a mistake that leads to a goal, we have the sentence: "Vous erreur a mené à un but" when it should be "VOTRE erreur a mené à un but"

Posted (edited)

Hello,
In my game I have a translation problem. Please find below screenshots.

FR.thumb.PNG.923ae08e044c76bcc5293d76cab7d7b2.PNGEN.thumb.PNG.ffa698b6231fc1d0a39e5570ed5f31a9.PNG

Have a nice day :)

Edited by Zlr-

Posted (edited)

Hello!
I came back to bring you up "problem" of graphic chart.

In my game, I wanted to sell an unwanted player, I then accepted three offers no matter the price. But the CEO refused.

What concerns me is the typology of the two buttons at the bottom, with capital letters at the beginning of each word. It’s the first time I’ve seen this (capture1.png). But it looks like in the English version it’s normal.

Have a good day :)

capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Edited by Zlr-