Sports Interactive Community
Woodg SI

[France] Issues in French Translation

Please post all issues relating to the French translation of FM 2020 in this topic.

Please try to provide a screenshot by attaching it to your post (or if a saved game is needed please follow instructions here

Please refer to the sticky topic for Translation reporting Guidelines. This can be found here - ***-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***-Posting-in-the-Translation-Forum

Hi, I don't know if it's part of the "lot of text that remains untranslated" but sometimes "Olympique Lyonnais" is called "Olympique Lyon", which is not the real name nor idiomatic in French so I wouldn't write it anywhere even on the generated picture with the scarf.

Best regards

Annotation 2019-10-31 181750.jpg

Summary: Part of the "Welcome text" not translated in french: "has put pen to paper on deux year deal...

Description of Issue:

Steps to Reproduce: Perform all the steps to create a manager and choose a club

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Daniel Varrin - Paris SG 1.fm

"Squad Selection Rules " is not translated into French

@Daniel Varrin & @NEMOZ - please read the opening post :) - we are working on hard ensuring the remaining small percentage of non-translated text is finished for release

@covi - looking into this one as it looks correct in our database in all languages with "OL" as the short name and "Olympique Lyonnais" as the long name so perhaps it was an error in the beta only

Hi everybody, 

In this screen i've a transfer offer for Moussa Doumbia.

I have few questions : 

- 1st transfer market was disable but this transfer offer appear during september  : is it normal or not ?

- the french sentence is "Mon clien pourrait être destabilisé au club s'il n'est pas autorisé à négocier avec Reims parmi les clubs intêressés." The problem is that i am Stade de Reims, and the 2 offers are from Russian team.

737516049_RobDeswaert_Botederception.thumb.png.c414708e6b76355bdc56a010393ad45f.png

do you need more information ?

5 hours ago, Akasha said:

Hi everybody, 

In this screen i've a transfer offer for Moussa Doumbia.

I have few questions : 

- 1st transfer market was disable but this transfer offer appear during september  : is it normal or not ?

- the french sentence is "Mon clien pourrait être destabilisé au club s'il n'est pas autorisé à négocier avec Reims parmi les clubs intêressés." The problem is that i am Stade de Reims, and the 2 offers are from Russian team.

737516049_RobDeswaert_Botederception.thumb.png.c414708e6b76355bdc56a010393ad45f.png

do you need more information ?

Could be that the transfer market is still open in Russia?

As for the second problem, it's been rectified, thanks for the report.

Hi,

All the red part isn't translate:

Fells the new Code of Conduct is too...

Estime que le nouveau code de conduite est trop...

I'm unhappy that the Code of Conduct is more lenient than the players were expecting.

Je ne suis pas satisfait du code de conduite, il est trop laxiste par rapport ce à quoi nous nous attendions.

Capture d’écran 2019-11-03 à 18.14.13.png

2 minutes ago, Whak365 said:

Hi,

All the red part isn't translate:

Fells the new Code of Conduct is too...

Estime que le nouveau code de conduite est trop...

I'm unhappy that the Code of Conduct is more lenient than the players were expecting.

Je ne suis pas satisfait du code de conduite, il est trop laxiste par rapport ce à quoi nous nous attendions.

Capture d’écran 2019-11-03 à 18.14.13.png

On 30/10/2019 at 02:29, Woodg SI said:

Please post all issues relating to the French translation of FM 2020 in this topic.

Note that as this is an Beta version there will be a lot of text that remains untranslated so please do not report any issues where you see English on screen until further notice.

Please try to provide a screenshot by attaching it to your post (or if a saved game is needed please follow instructions here

Please refer to the sticky topic for Translation reporting Guidelines. This can be found here - ***-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***-Posting-in-the-Translation-Forum

bonjour 

j'ai détecter un problème de traduction information général de l'équipe resserve

image.thumb.JPG.8520f3bf39e6ed8d14cacc557e2ccad4.JPG

Wrong translation, "delighted" becomes "très deçu".

20191107160633_1.thumb.jpg.b97b867acb4769aa768c1858ff8c20fb.jpg

16 minutes ago, SpS_Zen said:

Wrong translation, "delighted" becomes "très deçu".

20191107160633_1.thumb.jpg.b97b867acb4769aa768c1858ff8c20fb.jpg

Is the problem also in English or is it a translation issue?

Either way, could you post the same screen in English?

Thanks.

il y a 2 minutes, thom a dit :

Is the problem also in English or is it a translation issue?

Either way, could you post the same screen in English?

Thanks.

As posted, it looks like a translation issue.

20191107163025_1.thumb.jpg.c5a6282e91be36a3f5a454caa0828ab9.jpg

Edited by SpS_Zen

47 minutes ago, SpS_Zen said:

As posted, it looks like a translation issue.

20191107163025_1.thumb.jpg.c5a6282e91be36a3f5a454caa0828ab9.jpg

Found it, I'll get it sorted, thanks.

I dont know if it is a bug or just a translation not done yet: "ajouter job"

20191108151642_1.thumb.jpg.ddd3b10fe430a3b98845c46dc17cb386.jpg20191108151655_1.thumb.jpg.b456d5961dfb6f21cf7f1d17f8534164.jpg

26 minutes ago, SpS_Zen said:

I dont know if it is a bug or just a translation not done yet: "ajouter job"

20191108151642_1.thumb.jpg.ddd3b10fe430a3b98845c46dc17cb386.jpg20191108151655_1.thumb.jpg.b456d5961dfb6f21cf7f1d17f8534164.jpg

That's an odd one as these job titles have been translated, maybe Brian and/or Philip might help...

(keys: 492576 + 491899/482629)

Thanks for the report.

Hi, 

I Think i've a translation issue.

In this screen it's said that the board is happy can be qualify for the french ligue 1 whereas i'm still in french ligue 1.

I attached a screen and my save. 

Do you need more info ?

Rob Deswaert - Reims.fm

Rob Deswaert_ Boîte de réception-3.png

39 minutes ago, Akasha said:

Hi, 

I Think i've a translation issue.

In this screen it's said that the board is happy can be qualify for the french ligue 1 whereas i'm still in french ligue 1.

I attached a screen and my save. 

Do you need more info ?

Rob Deswaert - Reims.fm 74.99 MB · 0 downloads

Rob Deswaert_ Boîte de réception-3.png

It looks odd as it should be a criticism in the first place anyway.

Can you post the same screen in English, please?

Hi @thom Ni, i can't. I've searching for it, i find it but the sentence has change. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Akasha said:

Hi @thom Ni, i can't. I've searching for it, i find it but the sentence has change. :rolleyes:

Let me know if that happens again when your next monthly performance review comes up, thanks.

The same screen in french (i have download my save game) :) 

90525061_RobDeswaert_Inbox.thumb.png.061ea1deac76f85c8f9930c0a470aa88.png

Thanks, it does not look like a translation issue, then

You'd better raise it in the general bug section.

@thomThe english version doesn't sound right, and the french one makes no sense.

20191113112451_1.thumb.jpg.ff4b09d4d0e6e388318833a50a826af4.jpg20191113112509_1.thumb.jpg.5ffec94fd89ebeaae301a2b9492909e3.jpg

Edited by SpS_Zen

1 hour ago, SpS_Zen said:

@thomThe english version doesn't sound right, and the french one makes no sense.

20191113112451_1.thumb.jpg.ff4b09d4d0e6e388318833a50a826af4.jpg20191113112509_1.thumb.jpg.5ffec94fd89ebeaae301a2b9492909e3.jpg

It's consistent, at least (:

Thanks, Brian.

There's a bug in the mail about the signing of a "nouveau contrat de partenariat annoncé".

In my example it says "Un nouvel accord de partenariat sur 4 ans s'élevant à 725K€ par an a été négocié"

But on the Finance/ Sponsorship tab, the deal is about 725k€ over 4 years, or 185k€/year. 

The mail should say "Un nouvel accord de partenariat sur 4 ans s'élevant à 185k€ par an a été négocié" or "Un nouvel accord de partenariat sur 4 ans s'élevant à 725K€ a été négocié". 

Another one in a mail about someone finishing his intensive language learning. 

"XXX a bien progressé au cours de son apprentissage et est désormais capable de maîtriser les bases de français"

In this case, we should have "les bases du français"

51 minutes ago, Prostberg said:

There's a bug in the mail about the signing of a "nouveau contrat de partenariat annoncé".

In my example it says "Un nouvel accord de partenariat sur 4 ans s'élevant à 725K€ par an a été négocié"

But on the Finance/ Sponsorship tab, the deal is about 725k€ over 4 years, or 185k€/year. 

The mail should say "Un nouvel accord de partenariat sur 4 ans s'élevant à 185k€ par an a été négocié" or "Un nouvel accord de partenariat sur 4 ans s'élevant à 725K€ a été négocié". 

I believe it says per annum in English, so it might not be a translation problem.

Can you post a screen in French and English, please?

52 minutes ago, Prostberg said:

Another one in a mail about someone finishing his intensive language learning. 

"XXX a bien progressé au cours de son apprentissage et est désormais capable de maîtriser les bases de français"

In this case, we should have "les bases du français"

That seems to be a variable problem, I'll try rewriting the sentence to avoid that issue.

Thanks for the report.

1721327798_Capturedecran2019-11-14a17_57_05.thumb.png.c961fb7aa12a5195a064892a74f1205f.pngFor all the atribute related sentences, I believe it should say "le niveau est bon en agilité" rather than "sur agilité"; "en endurance", rather than "sur endurance" etc.

Also another thing I have noticed is in the sentences the manager can shout to the players in game, "demandez-en plus" should be replaced by "en demander plus", as there is "féliciter" and not "félicitez".

3 minutes ago, Sgers said:

1721327798_Capturedecran2019-11-14a17_57_05.thumb.png.c961fb7aa12a5195a064892a74f1205f.pngFor all the atribute related sentences, I believe it should say "le niveau est bon en agilité" rather than "sur agilité"; "en endurance", rather than "sur endurance" etc.

Also another thing I have noticed is in the sentences the manager can shout to the players in game, "demandez-en plus" should be replaced by "en demander plus", as there is "féliciter" and not "félicitez".

Thanks for the report, I'll sort that out.

There is a problem in French writing.

It concerns Olympique Lyonnais and Olympique de Marseille. (underlined in yellow on the screenshots below).

Instead of 'l'Marseille" and "l'Lyon", it must be written : 
"face à l'Olympique de Marseille" or "face à Marseille" and "comme le joueur de Lyon" or "comme le joueur de l'Olympique Lyonnais"

The l' is used before a word beginning by a vowel. 

Marseille.thumb.jpg.83283b4e15c0a3ac92a5c77b08341088.jpglyon.thumb.jpg.ff308b120792e3e2faaf70098048b299.jpg

Edited by Clorith62

56 minutes ago, Clorith62 said:

There is a problem in French writing.

It concerns Olympique Lyonnais and Olympique de Marseille. (underlined in yellow on the screenshots below).

Instead of 'l'Marseille" and "l'Lyon", it must be written : 
"face à l'Olympique de Marseille" or "face à Marseille" and "comme le joueur de Lyon" or "comme le joueur de l'Olympique Lyonnais"

The l' is used before a word beginning by a vowel. 

Marseille.thumb.jpg.83283b4e15c0a3ac92a5c77b08341088.jpglyon.thumb.jpg.ff308b120792e3e2faaf70098048b299.jpg

That's because you''ve modified the database with team names that do not match the original ones. The modifiers (like "l', le, la, etc.) are set to match the database entries, not customed ones.

On 16/11/2019 at 08:51, thom said:

That's because you''ve modified the database with team names that do not match the original ones. The modifiers (like "l', le, la, etc.) are set to match the database entries, not customed ones.

I didn't make any modification in the data base.

But I use  a downloaded skin. Is it a possible issue ??

2 hours ago, Clorith62 said:

I didn't make any modification in the data base.

But I use  a downloaded skin. Is it a possible issue ??

It must be as the names "Marseille" and "Lyon" are not part of the database.

Try with the original skin.

9 hours ago, thom said:

It must be as the names "Marseille" and "Lyon" are not part of the database.

Try with the original skin.

I did it, back to original skin. No data changes, and same issue !

11 hours ago, Clorith62 said:

I did it, back to original skin. No data changes, and same issue !

You might be better off asking in another part of the forum.

You could also try clearing the cache of the game, and if all else fails, delete and reinstall the game.

As I said, this does not look like a translation issue.

@Clorith62 You are probably using a fix for "real names", it's the issue. Without it, you will see it's back to normal.

@thom I cleared the cache before re-installing the original skin.

@CWaka Yes ! It's surely the issue. I used a fix for "real name" !! Thank you ! I didn't think about it ! Ok, so I will continue to use the real names ! The l' issue I noticed is not so important to me.

Thanks to all who answered.

Edited by Clorith62

I'm not sure of this, but I think there is a confusion with the new staff roles, "Responsable de la formation des joueurs" et "Responsable des prêts". In the PGE, I didn't find the first one, so I tried to find it using the game, by searching a staff using the filter "Responsable de la formation des joueurs", before changing the language. I saw that it became "Loan manager", which should by the translation for "Responsable des prêts"...

So are "Responsable de la formation des joueurs" and "Responsable des prêts" different staff roles, since I saw the two while waiting for FM20, or is it in fact the same role ?

Images are what I have in French, then in English.

PS : I'll write now in french all the above, in case I might be misunderstood... My english is a bit rusty...

Je ne suis pas sûr de ça, mais je pense qu'il y a une confusion avec les nouveaux rôles de staff, "Responsable de la formation des joueurs" et "Responsable des prêts". Dans l'éditeur en jeu, je n'ai pas trouvé le premier, donc j'ai essayé de le trouver en utilisant le jeu, en recherchant un staff en utilisant le filtre "Responsable de la formation des joueurs", avant de changer de langue. J'ai vu que c'était devenu "Loan manager", ce qui devrait être la traduction pour "Responsable des prêts"...

Est-ce que "Responsable de la formation des joueurs" et "Responsable des prêts" sont des rôles de staff différents, alors que j'ai vu les deux noms en attendant FM20, ou est-ce finalement le même rôle ?

Les images sont ce que j'ai en Français, puis en Anglais.

001A.png

001B.png

2 hours ago, Racatte said:

I'm not sure of this, but I think there is a confusion with the new staff roles, "Responsable de la formation des joueurs" et "Responsable des prêts". In the PGE, I didn't find the first one, so I tried to find it using the game, by searching a staff using the filter "Responsable de la formation des joueurs", before changing the language. I saw that it became "Loan manager", which should by the translation for "Responsable des prêts"...

So are "Responsable de la formation des joueurs" and "Responsable des prêts" different staff roles, since I saw the two while waiting for FM20, or is it in fact the same role ?

Images are what I have in French, then in English.

PS : I'll write now in french all the above, in case I might be misunderstood... My english is a bit rusty...

Je ne suis pas sûr de ça, mais je pense qu'il y a une confusion avec les nouveaux rôles de staff, "Responsable de la formation des joueurs" et "Responsable des prêts". Dans l'éditeur en jeu, je n'ai pas trouvé le premier, donc j'ai essayé de le trouver en utilisant le jeu, en recherchant un staff en utilisant le filtre "Responsable de la formation des joueurs", avant de changer de langue. J'ai vu que c'était devenu "Loan manager", ce qui devrait être la traduction pour "Responsable des prêts"...

Est-ce que "Responsable de la formation des joueurs" et "Responsable des prêts" sont des rôles de staff différents, alors que j'ai vu les deux noms en attendant FM20, ou est-ce finalement le même rôle ?

Les images sont ce que j'ai en Français, puis en Anglais.

001A.png

001B.png

It is now " Responsable des prêts", the name was changed in English quite late and the proper name should hopefully appear when the game is released.

Hello @thom,

I paste an issue which has been reported into the French Datas Forum. Apparently something goes wrong with the use of 'Marseille', is there something you are aware 
of? Apologies has no screen was provided. 

Regards

9 hours ago, Cedkuka62 said:

Bonjour,

je viens de commencer une carrière avec l'OM. Et j'ai remarqué un léger bug! Pas de blessures pour Thauvin. Le calendrier n'est pas réel et il y a toujours ce problème de "l'Marseille". 

je trouve ça vraiment dommage car ça casse le côté Réaliste .. surtout Quand on aime faire une carrière en désactivant le premier mercato... : /

2 minutes ago, AlienIR said:

Hello @thom,

I paste an issue which has been reported into the French Datas Forum. Apparently something goes wrong with the use of 'Marseille', is there something you are aware 
of? Apologies has no screen was provided. 

Regards

See below

18 hours ago, Clorith62 said:

@thom I cleared the cache before re-installing the original skin.

@CWaka Yes ! It's surely the issue. I used a fix for "real name" !! Thank you ! I didn't think about it ! Ok, so I will continue to use the real names ! The l' issue I noticed is not so important to me.

Thanks to all who answered.

il y a une heure, thom a dit :

It is now " Responsable des prêts", the name was changed in English quite late and the proper name should hopefully appear when the game is released.

Thanks for your answer, @thom ! :)

FYI, I am currently using the released version of FM20. (updated from the beta version yesterday evening, if this helps.)

1 hour ago, Racatte said:

Thanks for your answer, @thom ! :)

FYI, I am currently using the released version of FM20. (updated from the beta version yesterday evening, if this helps.)

It's still like that in the alpha version as well, will probably appear in a future update.

Hy Guys 

it seems I have a little translatation problem. A word seems to be missing : "... déstabilisés si croyez que cela peut avoir …" it should be "... déstabilisés si vous croyez que cela peut avoir …"

I have attached French and English Screenshot. 

Best Regards,

Kévin 

Football Manager Screenshot 2019.11.19 - 14.51.18.45.png

Football Manager Screenshot 2019.11.19 - 14.57.30.85.png